All hotels in Silver Spring, Maryland, United States of America
8040 13th St, 2mi S of I-495 Ex 31B on US 29, Silver Spring, MD, 20910, United States of America, ‏‎855-239-9482

2.2
"You get what you pay for. No thrills!!!!!"
Leaking sink; stinky bed sheets; poor TV reception; noisy; toilet roll that feels like sandpaper; intermittent Internet connection
Other trip Apr 14, 2014
Anthony
"Travelodge should be ashamed."
We wanted a place inexpensive and close, and we experienced bedbugs and ants. The outlets did not work and it was not clean. The next night we stayed at the Sheraton. They actually wanted $117.00 for another night. They were crazy. Only reason we stayed was we got into town at 10 pm and had drove for 12 hours. Shame. Shame.
Other trip Apr 5, 2014
big brother
I DO NOT RECOMMEND ANYONE TO STAY AT THIS HOTEL! sorry can't go into detail or else my review doesn't get posted.
4 night business trip Mar 20, 2014
"Have seen better travelodges than this one"
Well, compared to the prices of other hotels in the area, it was cheaper than most so....I guess you get what you pay for. We have stayed at other travelodges and they are nicer, include breakfast, microwaves, more vending machines, en-suite coffee makers, and even washing machines on site. The hotel wasn't in the best part of town but if it had been I'm sure it would have been more expensive. For budget travel it was okay and as long as you're looking just for a place to crash it's adequate. The heater worked well, though.
3 night family trip Mar 24, 2014
"Good price for a short stay"
Internet was spotty and so was my cell service. My room was in some kind of dead zone. Room was very clean and fresh, bed was great. Overall, good price for a decent hotel.
Other trip Mar 23, 2014
"ok"
It was ok for the two days there
2 night business trip Mar 17, 2014
vallenze
"Nasty"
They are nasty........ People at the front desk and the room.........
3 night business trip Mar 6, 2014
Marcus
"Review"
Very satisfied with the results!
3 night trip with friends Feb 13, 2014
Kerry
"Never again"
The gentleman in the office was very pleasant and helpful. The housekeeper was loud and rude. We heard everything she said several rooms away. After asking her to be quieter she got worse. Then it seemed she began to bang everything. Since we got the room around 2 am and was up for a couple hours, being awoke this way at 7 am was very unpleasant. The walls are so thin we were able to hear every word of the neighbor's loud phone conversation. The bed and pillows were very comfortable. We were happy when we went to bed but waking up was a complete nightmare with all the loud talking and banging. I have stayed at Travel Lodges in many places but I will never stay at this one again!! Even if it were free.
1 night trip Jan 18, 2014
we had to move to several rooms because of various situations including rodants and non working television remotes
1 night trip Jan 11, 2014
stewart
"was a nice hotel"
was nice but there was a mouse in my room that wasn't ok but it is what it is
4 night business trip Jan 12, 2014
johnny
"Don't do it to yourself"
Checked in hours later checked out ... No thank you too dark too smelly not worth the savings .......rather spend more and feel clean
2 night business trip Jan 13, 2014
V
"Horrible service"
We had the worse time with the key to our room. The door key system was changed our first night there and upon returning each time we would have to get the key reactivated. The staff said they would come out to take a look and never followed up. It was very frustrating. Room service left a pillow case on the nightstand to a staind pillow. The nightstand was barely standing because it was broken. The area was great but we will never return.
3 night family trip Dec 31, 2013
Mel
"Too loud guest. Doors opening all night."
Called the front desk. Had to wait 6 hours for clean wash cloth. Very loud hotel. Bed comfortable subway food shop close. Bad neighborhood. Rude lazy house keepers.good for the cheap price 68 dollars a night. You get what you pay for. 15 channels. Blow dryer. Wifi and that's it.
Other trip Jan 6, 2014
Mindy
"Not Bad"
Aside from a few little issues, I enjoyed my stay.
4 night business trip Nov 28, 2013
Kerry
"Beat Traffic"
If travel convenience is a priority to miss DC traffic, then this is the place to be
2 night business trip Nov 20, 2013
M Matheus
"Good basic motel, bad maintenance"
I like the Travelodge Silver Spring. It's an affordable place to stay to work trips, not too far from the Metro, and the beds are comfortable. Also, the rooms come with fridge and microwave, which is great, and there's free, if patchy, WiFi. But I've stayed in the same room (340) twice in the last month, and it has had the same dead plug blanking out the bed lights and the same loose bath faucet which is hard to adjust. I reported the problems the first time, but no one fixed anything.
1 night business trip Nov 13, 2013
Will
"No complaints except for internet"
I supposedly had the best location for the internet and it was really unsatisfactory (I was accessing web pages, not video). It's the main reason I would hesitate about booking here again.
5 night business trip Oct 23, 2013
PJM
Overall, I got what I paid for. The only complaint I have is the lack of blankets on the beds and when I asked for more blankets, the housekeeping staff had already gone home for the day.
2 night trip Oct 25, 2013
"Nice hotel close to the metro"
A nice clean and cheap hotel. 3 min from downtown silver spring and silver spring metro.
Other trip Oct 28, 2013
DivaDas
"Don't Expect too Much"
Silver Spring is a great place to be if you want to be close to Washington DC but not be caught in the midst of the city, the Travelodge Hotel however was disappointing. The hotel staff were rarely helpful especially in accommodating its guest. The rooms are old and smell stale, and the bathrooms are not substantial at all. For the low price please don't expect much more than a room.
Other trip Oct 28, 2013
Marthony
the hallway and wall are dusty and need more attention to improve cleanliness of the hotel.
2 night family trip Oct 22, 2013
reotra
"not happy"
Can't say what I really feel so I wont say anything but I would not stay sgain
3 night trip Oct 10, 2013
acc
"Pastor"
I booked two room but the other room toilet clocked with no repair
2 night trip Oct 18, 2013
Pastor Freddie
I would rate the overall stay of this hotel a 3/4. Starting off, the convenience of the hotel was great. Train station in walking distance(10-15mins) and metro bus right out front at the top of the hill. The comfort and cleanliness of the room was ok considering the rate of the hotel. I would def stay here again . Im from the area so just an escape for me and my boyfriend was great. I would recommend any one coming from out of town to also stay here for the price. If you are looking for somewhere fancy to stay, then this wouldn't be your place.
2 night trip Oct 5, 2013
Raeven Freeman
"Hated it"
Microwave didn't work....no coffee pot but had the maker wen room was clean we had to wait three hours for clean towels...terrible.... will nt b back or recommend
Other trip Oct 8, 2013
"very close to my new job"
I was very disappointed at my rooms appearance and smell for the 2 days I was there.
2 night business trip Sep 29, 2013
Kurt K.
"Do NOT recommend"
I have to say the pictures online are not what the room looked like. The room was a non smoking room, but had a very heavy smell of smoke. It also had a very foul smell to the room. There was a toenail clipping by the front door, the wallpaper was coming off the wall. Where the wallpaper was coming off, there was mold behind it. It was very dingy and dirty. I would not recommend this hotel to anyone.
7 night trip Sep 12, 2013
"Highly recommended to save money & see DC"
First: free parking, if you're planning to spend the day in DC. They are remodeling, so the outside is not totally great, but the room itself was clean, spacious for the two double beds and two armchairs, AC worked great, housekeeping service great. For the great rate, I was expecting much much less and was very satisfied. Will go there again.
2 night trip Aug 27, 2013
JW
"Washington, D.C. site-seeeing"
only 6 blocks from the Metro Line, hotel staff accommodating, pool hours too short (2PM - 8PM) -- Since an adult was required to accompany children, why have a paid life-guard?, great value for money, very near Washington, D.C.
1 night family trip Aug 24, 2013
"Enough accomodations."
We had all that we needed. Accomodations such as parking was good and proximity to a lot of shops and servives was good.
Other trip Aug 25, 2013
Horrible service.
1 night family trip Aug 22, 2013
Jasmine
"Good to sleep difficult to park"
The hotel is goos to spend the night. The parking lot is small but there is a very large parking garage next to it
1 night trip Aug 13, 2013
The rooms are dirty carpet filthy the stairwell smell like urine.
5 night trip Aug 6, 2013
"close enough to metro and restaurants"
decent hotel good price
2 night trip Aug 2, 2013
"This place is nasty!"
The bathroom faucet dripped. The toliet had a stain in it. The stairway smelled like urine and the neighborhood seemed unsafe.
Other trip Aug 2, 2013
"OK Cheap"
Room was clean. Comfortable accept I reserved a rollout bed. When I got the the room, there was no rollout bed. I caller the office twice to ask about it, the help was not very helpful. "We have no rollout beds" When I called e second time, he just said I'll check around. We never got the rollout bed the whole stay!
2 night trip Jul 23, 2013
"Not that great"
I had to move to 2 different rooms before finding a room that was ok to sleep in. They first two rooms were run down and did not smell good. That bathrooms smelled horrible. The staff though was very helpful and willing to work with me to make sure I was satisfied with my room. They were even willing to move me to the Days Inn which is right next door. Cleanliness not good, staff very helpful.
3 night trip Jun 23, 2013
"Good location."
the hotel is incredibly dirty and unkempt.
3 night trip Jun 17, 2013
If all you need is a place to sleep while in town, it's fine. It's about a 15 minute walk from the metro, and there are restaurants and stores nearby, which is convenient. However, the room we were in was not great. The air conditioner didn't work well, and the towels were like sandpaper. It wasn't particularly comfortable.
3 night family trip Jun 14, 2013
"OK for what it is."
The bed was clean and comfortable. AC had unreadable labels but worked. Bathroom was clean and hot water was plentiful. In-room microwave and fridge were real pluses.
1 night trip Jun 11, 2013
Will
I would say that all in all my stay was plesant and for the most part very comfortable. The hotel was close to various fast food spots as well as a large shopping complex. The area was very quiet and parking was no problem. The room and the bathroom were clean and well kept and the shower head was raised high enough that I was comfortable in the shower, and that is important as I am tall. The only issue that I had was that a maid came right through a locked door when I was sleeping, without even knocking. That surprised me. Also I could not communicate at all with the housekeeping staff as they spoke no english so if I needed anything I had to go through the front desk. All the front desk staff were very friendly and attentive. I would stay there again with no hesitation. Very good value for the money.
3 night trip Jun 7, 2013
Sundance
"TravelLodge Silver Springs"
There were stains on the rug. No soap in the room. The bathroom and burn marks on the tub and towel racks broken from the wall. The television was at least 10 years old and had horrible reception.
Other trip Jun 10, 2013
"Ok"
It was just what I needed " a bed". The bed was the only clean appearing thing in the room. The hotel needs major updates quickly.
1 night business trip May 29, 2013
Dani
"Price was right"
Very tired hotel. Close to Washington. Not close to restaurants. Few blocks
Other trip Jun 3, 2013
Dick
"Dissatified travelers"
Needed to reactivate hotel card every 2 days. Maid service did not leave coffee or cups in the room. Didn't have sufficient towels for a family of 4. Adveritised continental breakfast-only coffee in lobby.
Other trip Jun 2, 2013
HT
"would never go there again"
the room was disgustingly filthy. stayed 3 nights--never offreed clean towels. It was just very dirty
Other trip May 28, 2013
"Hotel was OK but"
The hotel was a little hard to find as it is behind the Comfort Inn and it could use an upgrade.
Other trip May 21, 2013
"Dont do it!"
I was not happy with the room at all. it smelled awfully like mold. we had to turn on the Air so we could even sleep. We asked for more towels, but english was not very well understood. There was some work going on in a neighbouring room and it was desturbing!! Very disapointed, expected more from hotels.com!This place should not be in your listings.
2 night trip May 13, 2013
Doris
"Hotel not like the pictures on website"
Hotel run down, manager not friendly wouldn't give us any washclothes to shower with. Bathroom sink clogged, hole in wall behind toilet, carpet dirty. No morning breakfast in lobby which was also run down.
Other trip May 13, 2013