All hotels in Madison, Wisconsin, United States of America
3438 Hwy 12-18, Madison, WI, 53718, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

2.6
    2.6
"Breakfast was good! But the bathroom, not so much."
Cheap hotel for a last minute booking. Breakfast was good! The bed was comfy but the shower and bathroom weren't very clean. The shower surround had old toothpaste splattered on it and it wasn't cleaned very well. Location is right next to the landfill, not a pleasant smell.
Other trip May 20, 2014
sks
"Graduation!!"
I was in Madison for my sons graduation and was recommended this hotel from one of your staff. It was very difficult to find being of the highway we could see it but could not get to it.. with the road works and it was NOT sign posted very well.. We drove about for almost 70 mins we was just about to give up when I was on my phone to my son and we can at the hotel from a different direction... so we didn't arrive at the hotel until after 10 pm... and when we got into the room it had NO crib which was booked/... their also had No Highchairs or booster seats in the hotel for the baby at the Continental breakfast.. so perhaps it wasn't the best hotel for us
Other trip May 19, 2014
"Cheapest hotel in the area due to graduations."
The bed was comfy and the room clean, but other than that we laughed about what a dump it was. It is literally right next door to a closed down garbage dump...somewhat appropriate. It is a mishmash of decorating, our first room's tv did not work and they sent someone to try to help...he didn't know anymore than we did. They switched rooms for us without a problem. It also seems that there are people that live there long term, which to me is always a big turn off. We booked over the internet and had to take what we could find/afford since it was College Graduation in Madison. Next time I would pay more and stay at a better hotel.
Other trip May 19, 2014
"Close to college"
We have stayed at this hotel 5 times in the last couple years. Good breakfast and rooms and hotel in general always clean. well worth the money.
1 night trip Apr 25, 2014
Alan
"Great price and great place"
My husband and i stayed for a weekend getaway. We would stay again. room was great. Breakfast was fantastic, staff was very nice
2 night romance trip Apr 25, 2014
Cassie
"Bad experience"
It was bad. The room was too expensive for what it was but I could live with that, but at breakfast my sisters purse was stolen by someone who was previously staying at the hotel. Some of the the other regulars recognized the persoAn however he was gone by the time the police arrived. A very bad weekend.
1 night trip Apr 12, 2014
CJ Clark
"Would Stay Again"
The hotel looked a little run down when we pulled up, but once inside the place looked well kept. Although it is not fancy, it is a nice place to stay when only looking for a place to sleep. I expected the hotel room to be as run down as the outside, but was very pleasantly surprised! The room itself is clean and updated. The one and only issue I had with my stay was the morning noise. With the breakfast buffet starting at 6am-9am I was expecting to hear morning ruckus. Overall I would stay here again next time traveling to Madison for a concert.
1 night trip Apr 11, 2014
Allison
"Close to Ho-Chunk Casino"
Rooms were small but served their purpose. Beds are alittle soft. Breakfast was definitely OUTSTANDING. The best breakfast I have ever had while staying at a hotel/motel.
1 night trip Apr 5, 2014
"Good Price and Great Room. Overall Facility ok"
Room was very good for the price. Breakfast was good as well. Overall Facility was ok. For the price a good buy....had a king room that had everything updated.
Other trip Mar 30, 2014
"You get what you pay for"
I feel you get what you pay for. The Hotel exterior, halls and lobby were run down. But the room was nice, clean and comfortable. The beds were super comfy. An inexpensive hotel for the area, which ended up being a good deal since all I was intending to do is sleep.
2 night trip Mar 7, 2014
Regina
"You get what you pay for"
Hotel staff, from who we delt with was nice. Hotel is extremely run down, old, deserving of a major face life. First hotel we've stayed at in years that still uses and actual key for the doors. Hotel had a bad aroma in the common areas. Everything is very old, very run down, cracks in walls, dirty in many of the common areas. Room was clean, bed was comfortable. You get what you paid for an it was ok for a one night stay.
Other trip Mar 2, 2014
Nicky
"Dirty Hotel"
Bathroom stall was dirty. Sink water backed up. Carpet was nasty. Refrigerator didn't work. Hallway dirty, walls dirty.
Other trip Mar 2, 2014
"super breakfast"
all fine except room rather small. great breakfast!
3 night trip Feb 20, 2014
brad
First of all it is very hard to find because they don't have much lighting or advertisement off the highway, passed it over twice!! When entering the room I had to first thing use the restroom only to see toilet paper and something brown floating in the toilet when I lifted the lid. I flushed and water started to rise, it was plugged. Husband called the front dest to have maintenance come and plunge it and the desk clerk said, "you can come up here, I have a plunger." He thought she was joking, she wasn't. She was the only employee there. How many hotels do you know would tell you to plunge your own toilet, especially if you hadn't used it yet? Next the bathroom sink would not drain...then, we turned on tv only to find that everything was the color green! We were told breakfast was served until 9 so we were down there at 8:30am. Not much out...no batter for waffle maker, most of the items to make an omlet were gone and the griddle hadn't been cleaned ever....was gross!!! It's amazing that we didn't see anyone to ask for refills but at exactly 9 a lady came in and started pulling everything! I decided to only have a bagel but I didn't see the butter, I asked her if they had any and she said in a snotty tone, "of course, you need to have butter at breakfast", and just pointed to where it was. I didn't even know there were cold items because the lids were shut and stickers were small. I intend to write a letter to this hotel chain....bad experience.
Other trip Jan 5, 2014
Toni Rae
It is a nice hotel but they only have full sized beds and the rooms are very small. They did have a very nice continental breakfast though and the guy running it was very nice.
1 night family trip Dec 21, 2013
"Home for the holiday"
The breakfast was absolutely excellent. the room was very clean and I was very comfortable during my stay. I would stay again and would recommend it to anyone traveling in the area that needed a hotel.
3 night trip Nov 27, 2013
The Hotel was clean and neat, very nice overall.The patrons left something to be desired, they came in at 1:00 am slamming doors ,yelling fighting. Needless to say I wont be staying there again. MPJ
2 night trip Nov 4, 2013
The hotel is very clean and was very quiet. The most disappointing part of the stay was having to leave early. We had a family emergency and were only able to stay 2 of 4 nights. The hotel would not work with us and refund any part of the two remaining nights.
Other trip Oct 21, 2013
"Not a happy place to stay"
The location of the hotel is sketchy and the room was clean but still made me feel dirty. The smell in the room as overwhelming and I think that those of us who stayed there got sick from the room and the air conditioning. I plan on never staying there again if I can help it. The photos on the site are nicer than the place in real life. I was happy to leave.
1 night trip with friends Oct 12, 2013
LJ
"Disappointing"
While the rooms were clean enough, hotel is run down. In addition I stood in the lobby for 15 minutes arguing with the representative over my room. I had wanted to change to a king and was told that she had six rooms available but she wouldn't change...... She said she had to keep them in case someone came in - it was 8 pm?!?!? I guess its more important to keep these specific rooms available just "in case" vs trying to please existing customers..... last time there.
1 night trip Oct 12, 2013
"Not a good experience"
Basic room Single hard plastic chair Shower head is about 4 feet high
Other trip Oct 14, 2013
steve
"Easy to find"
Dissapointed that breakfast was not available in the morning when we left. This is the week of Dairy Expo...you have lots of people that go to that early in the morning...6:00 would have been nice.
Other trip Oct 9, 2013
Dairyman
"Not A Pleasant Stay"
Did not enjoy my stay. The room smelled like pet urine, and the food at the breakfast bar did not look fresh. The staff was not friendly.
Other trip Oct 8, 2013
"Nice clean rooms, but small. Reasonable price."
The rooms were small, but we were only sleeping there, so that was fine. The breakfast was very good, with make your own waffles, crepes, and omelets.
1 night trip Sep 21, 2013
"Hotel next to garbage dump"
The room had an actual key and the hotel was right next to garbage dump. Nervous about the water. Shower was moldy.
Other trip Sep 28, 2013
L.
"Good place to stay for Badger Games"
We have stayed here before. We like it and will book this hotel again. Yes, this is near a land fill, but when you are staying in the hotel, you do not notice anything out of line. Don't believe the negative junk some others from years past have said on line. This place is about 9 miles from the University and we stay here when we go to the game. Good rates, very friendly staff and a clean room. They also allow pets. It is not the Grand Hotel, but it works. What else to you need?
GoBadgersJC
"Hotel met our expectations"
The room was fine, nothing fancy. Breakfast was acceptable, and the staff was thorough. I would ask that coffee makers be available in each room.
2 night trip Sep 20, 2013
"A place to sleep"
Very adequate accommodation - comfortable bed and clean room. Building very obviously in need of update- the room actually had a real key instead of a coded card!!!! Hallway decor also sadly in need of a cheering up- but the place was clean and the manager very pleasant. The breakfast offerings were beyond adequate- in addition to the usual cereals, rolls, juices, coffe, and waffles a guest was offered "make your own " omelets-with various choices of additions.
Marge
I was even afraid to stay there but we had made the reservation and we were exhausted. I will never stay in an America's Best Value Inn again. The carpets were filthy. The breakfast room felt dirty.
1 night trip Sep 15, 2013
"close to the interstate"
served the purpose
1 night trip Sep 15, 2013
Very old, rundown, but clean. Not worth the cost.
"nice for a quick stay"
We were in town for the Badger game. Just needed a place to sleep. When we got there, the gentleman that met us was very friendly. I even had to call for an address that could be put in the GPS and he was very helpful. It's not a fancy hotel, but rooms were clean.
Other trip Sep 9, 2013
"simple get away"
It was ok but the property seemed old and an elevator would be nice.
1 night trip Aug 31, 2013
"Would never stay again."
Highly NOT recommended. Terrible location - took an extra hour of drive time because this hotel doesn't really have an address. Couldn't find the location on Garmin or iPhone. When I finally found the complex, I couldn't find the driveway to the hotel parking. The front desk lady wasn't "mean" but didn't make me feel like a valued guest. The condition of the hotel is outdated and gross. The shower smelt of vomit. The room doors operate with an actual steel key, not an electronic scan card. In the early morning, before I was ready to wake up, I could hear two loud individuals right outside my room window - apparently where the smoking station was located. The surrounding neighborhood is interstate and trees. However, the breakfast was of better quality than most continental breakfasts at hotels - providing eggs, potatoes, etc. They didn't replenish some of the hot items though.
1 night business trip Aug 28, 2013
The shower had no pressure. The employee behind the desk on Friday night was worthless he would not ever answer the phone it would just ring and ring it was very irritating. The breakfast was amazingly good.
1 night trip with friends Aug 30, 2013
Duane
"really nice breakfast"
room was so-so clean, staff was polite, for two people they only had 3 bath towels. after day on road you need to take a shower when you get there and in morning.
Other trip Sep 2, 2013
"Not a bad place"
It was fine for a place to sleep and get up and move on inside was better than outside. Overall not bad
1 night business trip Aug 10, 2013
"Work Related"
If you come to Madison Wisconsin and need a quite place to stay then this is it.I can say that ABVI in Madison has the best continental Full breakfast and I mean FULL you will ever find for this type of Hotel.And I have stayed at a lot of hotels.
Other trip Aug 11, 2013
Jeb
"Good low budget"
Thought it was a very good price point for the product. the morning breakfast was very good quality.
1 night trip Aug 1, 2013
"Adequate, but scary"
there is burlap covering the walls in the hall. flickering florescent lights. a pool the size of three parking spaces. doors between rooms that let in the noise (like the sadly hilarious and loud love making of the couple next door "oh, yes, big boy, it's happening!") There was no customer service to speak of. my girlfriend's assessment: "This is the kind of hotel where people come to die." It's off the highway, though, and with our coupon cost less than the light jackets we needed to ward of the mid-July chill of Wisconsin. Our room was clean, though sparse. I wouldn't come back, but I didn't resent the stay.
1 night trip Jul 27, 2013
"Worst place to stay"
The hotel location is next to the Madison landfill and does not look anything like the picture. Would not advise booking this hotel unless you are brave enough to stay at this close to a landfill.
1 night romance trip Jul 26, 2013
Randy
"Recommend"
Enjoyable
1 night trip Jul 20, 2013
"Renovation lends a great bargain."
New decor is impressive. Usually when I stay at a value inn i'm not very impressed by the condition of the room. However this time i was impressed. New flat screens and modern living spaces give the hotel a higher-end feel. Free wifi is also a plus and hotel staff was very helpful. I recommended this hotel to anyone who wants a cheap option without giving up the nicer pleasantries of a higher-priced hotel. This average rating doesnt do this hotel justice.
1 night romance trip Jul 5, 2013
Jonathan
"Close and Convienant"
The hotel was in a perfect location for me. The Service was great. Was disappointed when I asked for an extra blanket and was told it would cost $10. The Swimming pool was GREAT! It is a older hotel and could use some remodeling. Carpeting in the hallway was very stained, but loved the tile in the other hallway. Breakfast, AWESOME. The only complaint I have, is Staff at this hotel were on the Ipads constantly in the hotel lobby. I would most definitley stay here again.
2 night trip Jun 14, 2013
Shannon
"Business with entertainment"
It was satisfactory for the money and to sleep. Seems a little bit dreery for the surroundings. Rather secluded. Parking lot was small and rough.
1 night business trip Jun 8, 2013
Army guy
"Not my cup of tea"
It's an old outdated hotel. It's beds were small supposed to be queens think they were fulls. The room was also small compared to most other hotels. Breakfast area was small and crowded so I didn't even try the food. All and all I won't be returning here
1 night trip May 18, 2013
Bryan
"very satisfied"
Idk why some people have left negative reviews.for the money this place was nice. Outside of the hotel was a little older but the inside was nice. Room was a little small but we only had one bed so I guess that's to be expected.the room was really nice, laminate floor tho no carpet.staff was nice. The breakfast was phenomenal, better than a major chain breakfast. Two waffle makers, make your own omlet, fruit bar, hot sausage and gravy, cereal etc. for 60 bucks a night this exceeded expectations.
Romance trip May 27, 2013
Drew
"Very good breakfast"
The hotel was fine for an inexpensive night in Madison. The breakfast was very good for this level of hotel. It offered fruit and make your own omlettes as well as the usual continential breakfast choices.
1 night trip May 18, 2013
"close to horse show"
great
2 night trip May 17, 2013
sandy
"Half and Half"
Check in staff was friendly and helpful, we were supposed to check in by 12 am but didn't arrive until 3 am. They called us to see if our trip was going alright and if we needed any help getting there...The morning staff was very rude. Tried to ask a question and the staff absolutely ignored us. The breakfast was horrible. Asked for clean towels and didn't get any until the evening shift came in. So, I guess you could say our mornings were awful, but our evenings were wonderful.
Other trip May 21, 2013