All hotels in Charleston, West Virginia, United States of America
6401 Maccorkle Ave Se, Charleston, WV, 25304, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

2.6
"Affordable and Clean"
Good Location; Good Price; the room was not as bad as its previous reviews. Internet was so slow.
2 night trip Mar 7, 2014
"A few hrs of sleep during a long drive only"
Paint peeling, very dusty dirty carpet. Cutting cost is one thing when you're hurting, but lack of elbow grease is not an excuse. We booked my three sons and I in one room, my wife and one son's girlfriend in another. I called ahead early and said we'd be late. They said the room would be ready. In the room there were 2 towels. We called the front desk and asked for 2 more for the party of 4. She said we'd get them at 7-8am, maybe 8:30am. I said that can't happen as we're leaving at 7am. Suddenly they found some towels, albeit with black long hair on the white towels. I'm not picky. Don't think I've ever paid over $150 at a hotel ever. Normal stays are Holiday Inn, Best Western, and lower stars. But this was scary dirty. 5 hrs and we clear out. One small soap to cover the sink and the shower as well.
1 night trip Feb 28, 2014
Ben Slam
"For its purpose it was good stay."
Was passing through WV on long trip and needed an inexpensive place to stay for the night. Not looking for any frills or extras, just a warm clean place to stay and move on. It was very cold out and was very pleased to find the room well heated and comfy fr the night. Hotel was what we needed and staff at check in and out were pleasant.
1 night trip Jan 25, 2014
"Good stay, good price"
Bed was comfortable. Room was clean. Everything was simple to get to. I would stay again.
2 night trip Jan 17, 2014
"Not bad for the price and occassion"
We stayed for three nights. The bed was really comfortable. The water stayed hot for a good time. The room was clean. We did have a fridge - which was not listed at booking... but there was no hair dryer. Women, bring your own. Overall, we had a good stay. However, we went to pull out the sofa bed and the springs were all gone. The attendant there at checkout said they knew about it already, but were not going to fix it because its only supposed to be a sofa... That's really my only complaint though.
1 night trip Jan 19, 2014
"Blah"
It was awful. The only saving grace was it being so close to the interstate and gas/food. Otherwise it was not worth my time.
1 night trip Jan 3, 2014
"It's a motel, so don't expect perfection."
It was satisfactory for the minimal price that we paid. Our microwave didn't have any knobs on it, but they replaced it as soon as we told them.
Other trip Jan 6, 2014
Sandy
"One night stay - fine"
My one night stay at this hotel was fine. It was very convenient and had easy on-off access, as long as you carefully follow the highway signs. Check-in and out were both easy with no problems. My only real problems with this hotel were that the shower dripped all night, and the location is near enough to a train track that if trains had been more frequent, I might not have been able to sleep well. The dripping shower did not cause me to lose sleep, as I simply closed the door, but it was irritating just to have to do this. Overall, the hotel was fine, inexpensive, convenient, and the whole process was easy to handle.
1 night business trip Dec 4, 2013
cd
"Clean, comfortable, simple, and convenient"
I arrived shortly after midnight, and was up and gone around 6:30 AM. The night attendant was friendly and helpful, and I found the room clean and comfortable. The location was very convenient, with several restaurants right across the street. I would definitely stay there again.
1 night business trip Oct 24, 2013
Joe H.
OK for 1 night
1 night trip Oct 12, 2013
"Knights Inn Charleston East"
The room rate was the best in all the area. We got a very restful two nights sleep without interruption ( ie, loud cars, customers conversing loudly ). The shower water pressure and temperature were exceptional. You could also request room have additional supplies ( ie, towels, shampoo etc ) upon your arrival. Room has all amenidies you could want. I would stay here again. Very pleased.
2 night trip Oct 4, 2013
Rick & Connie Widner
"Good location for on/off overnight stop"
Motel is an older motel that is on the down slope of wear and tear. Room we got smelled of mothballs, not sure why. Room was clean but didn't look it. Location was good as there were several quality restaurants and gas stations within walking distance. Won't be staying there again.
1 night trip Oct 5, 2013
cary
"Very pleasant"
The stay was pleasant, though an old hotel, it was basic and in a good location for meals, fuel, interstate access. Very quiet. Comfortable beds.
Other trip Oct 6, 2013
"Close to I-77"
Pretty nice stay but the pool was empty outside. We could not swim. Recommend it for one night stay. There was one light bulb out but that didn't really make a difference to us. Plenty of light.
Other trip Sep 27, 2013
Janie
"close to everything"
For the affordable price it was okay.
1 night trip Aug 28, 2013
D Price
"Needed a bed for a couple nights"
Not too much traffic, coffee was fresh, towels were white, sheets were clean, king size bed was too soft...
2 night business trip Aug 26, 2013
Tami
"stay at WV"
we had to stay in a motel on our drive way to southern Virginia and quickly booked this on the way...! Not safe.. not clean.. shower room had no proper curtain... water everywhere....had to swim out from the toilet! It was cheap... and needed a place to sleep for ~7hrs ..it for that this purpose..!
Other trip Aug 29, 2013
bmc
"room smelled a bit"
No breakfast to speak of. Other than that, it was ok for the price.
1 night business trip Aug 17, 2013
"close to freeway"
close to freeway, near walking distance of hotel, quiet but a bit run down
Other trip Aug 22, 2013
joanie
"Better than Sleeping in the Car ..I Guess"
It was old, Dirty, Rundown. Asked for an extra pillow, because the one on the bed looked like the dog had been using it. The only positive. It was cheap. No breakfast, bad coffee.
1 night trip Aug 16, 2013
"terrible service"
Phone didn't work in room. Front desk very rude. And wi fi didn't work.
1 night trip Aug 16, 2013
"Awful hotel"
Stinks and nasty non smoking rooms had been smoked in and stinks.
Other trip Aug 18, 2013
"Needed to shower when I got home"
The only good thing I can say about this place is the staff was very nice and it's convenience to the HWY. It's nice to be close to the HWY so you can get the HECK out of this place fast. The room was dirty, the carpet was dirty and smelled. I seen cleaning bathrooms at a gas station. The room was $50 that was about $49.99 to much. I don't write reviews ever but I had to write one on this place, I had to drive 598 miles to get home and as soon as I walked into my house I took a shower because I felt like I had bugs on me, I'm sure I didn't just felt like it
1 night family trip Aug 11, 2013
Terry
THE CARPET WAS DIRTY TOWEL HAS SPOTS ON THEM SINK WAS NOT CLEAN NOISE LEVEL WAS VERY HIGH NEXT DOOR PEOPLE KNOCKING ON YOUR DOOR LOOKING FOR SOME ONE ELSE.
1 night trip Aug 8, 2013
CLARA
"Ok place to sleep"
The room was clean but overall the facility is aging and tired. When sitting on the toilet, it moved. Exhaust fan did not work in the bathroom and there was mold on the ceiling.
1 night trip Jul 30, 2013
"Good for business travel"
The location provides convenient access to Charleston. I received a very friendly welcome and the room was comfortable, even if lacking a couple of things (e.g., hair dryer; the wall socket above the desk barely held onto my plug). Bottom line: it's good value.
2 night trip Jul 28, 2013
"A good value in West Virginia"
Even though the Knights Inn could not be considered luxurious, it was very comfortable, and met all my needs, having spent the previous two weeks camping in the WV mountains.
1 night trip Jul 24, 2013
"Clean and nice"
It was a Nice stay my only neg. thing would have to be I wish the pool was open a bit longer but other than that I would stay here again :)
1 night trip Jul 18, 2013
"We Sleep In The Dark"
Everything was as expected except for the room faced a major road and the curtains did not keep the outside lights out of our room. Therefore I did not sleep well.
1 night trip Jul 8, 2013
vfree54
"convenient to interstate"
the desk clerk was very helpful during our stay
6 night trip with friends Jun 27, 2013
The room was clean, staff service was really awsome and friendly! Only things wrong were of minor detail ie; cigarette burn on bed cover and very weak wifi signal
2 night trip Jun 30, 2013
Carlos
"Very unclean"
While we appreciated a break from our drive south on I 77 and the proximity to the highway, the hotel was filthy. They had no crib (as requested) for my 1 year old. And we had to let her crawl around a little after being in the car for some time. Within 2 minutes we had to pick her up and bath her, her pajama pants were covered in blackish dirt. The carpet was sticky! Luckily we had sleeping bags to create a bed on that disgusting floor. About 2 hours after we got there we realized the bathroom was locked from the inside and there was no way to get in. Upon going to the front office they gave my husband a little tool he had to bring right back, because apparently this happened often. The hand towels had little black hairs stuck all over it. In the morning the cleaning staff and front desk started calling and knocking for us to leave a full 30 minutes before check out. Even a cheap motel should be cleaned.
1 night trip Jun 21, 2013
Renee
Good for the price.
1 night business trip Jun 15, 2013
"Summer trip"
nice location just off freeway, lots of food joints nearby and staff was nice
Other trip Jun 17, 2013
"don't bring your family here"
Convenient location right off highway, but a little bit scary. Room was fine, staff were friendly. But motel was pretty run down and there were several weekly renters who were not friendly at all. Cops showed up for a loud and angry renter 2 doors down.
Other trip Jun 12, 2013
"Fine for overnight on the road"
Perfectly acceptable for an overnight on the way to my destination. It is really showing its age, with torn furniture and worn built-ins--so much so that I don't think my wife would ever want to stay there. But I was alone on this trip, and just needed an economical place to stay for the night. It fit the bill. In fact, I was driving a van packed full of family heirlooms, and this was a safe place to park overnight, too. There is no continental breakfast, just coffee and juice. But there'a McDonald's across the street, and lots of restaurants on that strip (including a steak house right next door). Free wifi in the room worked great.
1 night trip Jun 8, 2013
Hamptonian
"good location"
it is what it is, if your looking for an inexpensive room to spend the night,its fine.its clean its maintained ,its just not new and fancy.I would stay there again.
1 night trip May 24, 2013
Bruce W.
"just ok"
Room was ok but requested and the confirmation was for smoking got non smoking not a big deal. Best thing was bed was conftorable.
Other trip May 21, 2013
"close to nursing home, retail and restaurants"
one of the lamps lacked a bulb and the microwave did not work. the walls and ceilings appeared to have cobwebs. i guess you only get what you pay for. I only come here for the cheap rates while visiting my mother in law in the nursing home, and wouldn't stay here if i was on a real vacation.
2 night trip May 4, 2013
marlene
"Excellent value"
The motel is older, but well maintained. The room was very clean. The bed was very comfortable. There were several resturants closeby. The motel was easy to find just off Interstate 77. Enjoyed my stay and will use again if my travel takes me back to Charleston.
1 night business trip May 1, 2013
"Inexpensive but comfortable"
Clean, comfortable inexpensive room and easy drive to airport. Lots of restaurant choices near by.
1 night trip Apr 17, 2013
"Happy with this motel."
We stayed at this motel as part of an overnight car trip. The staff was nice, the room was clean. The building was older, but for the purpose and price-point I feel that I got a good value. I would pick this motel again.
1 night family trip Mar 23, 2013
Margaret
"Decent for the price"
Of course I expected it to be a roach motel, but it wasn't too bad. The condition of the furniture and appliances wasn't very good. But the sheets on the bed looked and smelled very clean and the shower looked clean. It wasn't too bad, but of course I still walked around in my socks. I'd go back if I had to.
Other trip Mar 20, 2013
"Avoid - dirty and run down"
Knowing this location and how much this hotel is probably used, there is really no excuse for the condition and lack of upkeep. We won't be back for sure. Bug on the bedspread, powder ground into the carpet near the bedside, ratty falling apart lampshades, plugged up shower drain, burned with hot water when turning shower off, pencil graffit on walls, stains on pillows, single small trash can, that's just off the top of my head...
Other trip Feb 11, 2013
Chad
"Good for the price."
Clean hotel, friendly service. Nothing fancy but very adequate. I would stay again. It was close to the highway and close to several restaurants and gas stations.
1 night family trip Feb 1, 2013
MR
price was right for the room.
1 night business trip Jan 17, 2013
charlie
It was OK for one night.
1 night trip Jan 10, 2013
"You get what you pay for..."
There was a stink bug on the wall when we walked in, and the heat didn't work. The place was just dirty in general. The staff wasn't friendly at all, and the "breakfast" was donuts. I guess you get what you pay for.
Other trip Jan 10, 2013
Alex
"Not Recommended"
I'm not normally one to complain or be negative about anything. However, this was a very poor value. The room was cold upon arrival, the floor sank near the heater where table and chairs were which made me wonder about the construction. Heater control knob was missing so setting was difficult to determine. The light in bathroom did not work so had to use shower with door open for functionality. Cleanliness was average to poor with mold on shower curtain. Checked bed before use and it was ok and fairly comfortable. Continental breakfast was available but very limited so I had coffee and orange juice and ate a bagel of my own.
1 night trip Dec 21, 2012
What I expected for the price. Suited our needs for a place to sleep while on the road. Rooms were old but clean. No issues while there. A steakhouse was next door.
1 night trip Nov 24, 2012