All hotels in Martinsburg, West Virginia, United States of America
1997 Edwin Miller Blvd, Martinsburg, WV, 25401, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

• Value for money
    Good internet service
    Clean
    Poor vibe
  • Bar and Beverages
    Bar is not good
"You get what you pay for..."
I was in the area because of a family medical emergency, and I was originally at another hotel that I usually stay in, but due to the cost and being unsure of how long my stay would be, I opted for a cheaper hotel. On the first night, there were people partying outside the rooms with loud music and alcohol. For a woman alone at a hotel at midnight, it was rather uncomfortable. The shower did not work well, the room smelled like smoke (supposed to be a non-smoking room.) I had to make another reservation for the next night, and the details stating that I wanted to keep my room were never relayed by the night staff to the day staff. I had to do this twice, and on the third morning, an extremely rude man was at the desk. I don't know what type of client he is used to dealing with, but I did not appreciate the attitude he had at all. I spent a total of 13 hours in the room over the two day period prior to talking with him and did not need the room cleaned, and the first thing out of his mouth mouth was,"You must have room cleaned, strict policy, room must be cleaned." When I told him it was not needed because t I only slept there for 2 nights, he screamed, "You cannot stay here if room not cleaned!" How rude! He acted as if I was a slob or unclean or something. Very unhappy! Just goes to show, you get what you pay for... I will be paying a little more elsewhere next time!
1 night trip Aug 2, 2014
Teresa Brown
"Knights Inn - Martinsburg"
I don't usually complain - I just require a clean room. This place was in need of repair - the toilet rocked - the door frames were broke. I could handle that. The rudeness of the check in clerk was unbelievable. I no longer drive - due to health issues - but the reservation was in my name. The clerk would not accept my military ID as identification. The rooms were prepaid - fortunately they took my spouse's drivers license. The man was rude and threw my military ID - saying it was worthless. Will never stay there again. Also the continental breakfast was stale.
Other trip Aug 6, 2014
Ab
"Incredibly Poor Service"
We booked this hotel through Hotels.com as we often do for our employees. Four Rooms. First of all our crew arrived after midnight to our fully paid rooms. They were denied rooms. Further the next day we were denied one of the rooms due to a minor typo in the spelling of a last name.
2 night business trip Jul 31, 2014
Nice place.
1 night trip Jul 26, 2014
Randy
"Just got a room to crash and sleep"
Was good for what I wanted.
1 night trip Jul 26, 2014
Rob Slonecker
"Needed a small vacation and I will come back"
Very friendly and the room was clean and cozy.We enjoyed how close restaurants and places to shop were. We want to come back and the price was very reasonable too.
Other trip Jul 16, 2014
"Clean and Simple"
Great value for our dollar! This was a quick overnight stay for my wife and I as we were taking a mini-vacation to do some bike riding in the area. Room was clean and well maintained (we are picky about cleanliness and could find no fault in this hotel). Front desk was friendly and courteous at check-in and check-out. Plenty of shopping and restaurants within a short drive. Would stay again if back in the area.
1 night family trip Jul 10, 2014
"Quiet, reasonably comfortable budget motel."
The motel is convenient to the interstate, with several stores and restaurant facilities close by. The room was clean, the staff was pleasant and courteous. My wife though the bed was a bit firm, but I had no complaints. The air conditioning in the room was a tad noisy, but kept the room perfectly comfortable. The TV was a nice updated model, even though it was DirecTV, which I myself have never really found to be very user-friendly, but that's a review for the DirecTV site, and we weren't there to watch TV. The room had a microwave and small refrigerator, both up to date, clean and fully functional. We didn't get up in time to try the continental breakfast, so I can't speak for that, still it's nice that they offered it and there's plenty of places near by to grab some coffee and something to eat. Overall a good stay for what it was. If you're looking for The Hilton, go to The Hilton and pay The Hilton rate. If you're just looking for a nice, clean, decent place to lay your head on a budget, this motel will certainly fit the bill.
1 night trip Jul 11, 2014
"Close to 81"
Quick travel stop....would stay there again...price in our budget...
Other trip Jul 13, 2014
M arge
"It had walls and a ceiling, the door locked"
The efficiency with which cigarette burns have been applied to EVERYTHING in the room was impressive, really stellar work. I was amazed that a non-smoking room would have such attention to detail... even the shower curtain was not missed. It didn't have a water front view, but the leaking air conditioner had thoroughly soaked the carpet so you can definitely get your toes wet if you need to cool off.
Other trip Jul 12, 2014
"Good experience"
Clean rooms. Good internet. The look was a little dated, but the stay was pleasant.
Other trip Jul 11, 2014
"Road Warrior"
The hotel is definitely a 2 star. Not fancy, not upgraded, out of style, yet clean. The desk clerks were polite, informative and helpful. The breakfast is pre-packaged Little Debbie cakes and donuts and hot coffee only. Try the Waffle House down the road if you need more.Linens and towels were clean, bathroom floor grout needs a good scrubbing. Shower water was hot. Internet and TV connections worked.
1 night trip Jul 4, 2014
Road Warrior
"Courtesy????? Acceptable "Continental" Breakfast??"
Upon arrival we were unimpressed by the Knights Inn's external appearance. It was shabby and appeared poorly maintained. We were greeted by a desk clerk who must have been having a bad day. She was impolite and very surly. Almost as though she resented our being there. Regardless, we managed to get through the check-in procedure. When we asked where the "Continental" breakfast would be served the next morning, we were informed it would be served in the lobby. I was surprised by that given the lobby's very small area, and asked what would be served for breakfast. I expressed disbelief when informed that the "Continental" breakfast would consist of coffee, tea, and doughnuts and remarked that doughnuts were not a "Continental" breakfast. This prompted the clerk to turn her back and, I believe, make a comment which questioned my birthright. When checking out the next next morning I told the manager/owner??? what had happened and was assured the clerk would be dealt with. The manager/owner defended his "Continental" breakfast, stating that it met the requirement to serve a "sweet". We did NOT have breakfast at the Knights Inn.
Other trip Jul 3, 2014
Rich
Only objections are the 2 telephone ycalls seemingly to chase us out the morning of our departure.
Other trip Jun 23, 2014
"Needs Personality"
The guy at the front desk needs a personality & the decor could use some updates, but for the cost, was fine.
2 night romance trip Jun 13, 2014
Only adequate
1 night trip Jun 9, 2014
designer
"Wow, Better than Expected"
The room was clean and well maintained. It featured a little almost kitchen area with cabinets, a fridge, a microwave, and a sink separate from that of the bathroom. I only stayed there one night, but with the amenities and location it would be easy to stay there and make a long weekend vacation out of it. The hotel was within easy driving distance of Harper's Ferry and Antietam National Battlefield (I'm a Civil War buff so that's why I was staying here in the first place) Also, the room had a menu for Anthony's Pizza and it was some of the best pizza I've ever had.
1 night trip Jun 7, 2014
"Easy to find."
For the price the room was excellent. It had a ironing board and iron in room. Unlike most hotels the tv was new and had free HBO.
Other trip Jun 8, 2014
"A decent hotel for the price"
I recently stayed here on a Friday night for one night. The hotel was decent for the price. It was clean and the staff was friendly.No problems with checking in, finding the place or anything else. The cable channel selection was vast and the free open wi-fi was nice. I didn't partake in the breakfast so I can't comment on that.My only minor problem was I thought the bed was a little hard, but that is a personal preference type of thing.I stayed here and headed to Hollywood casino in Charles Town,WV.This hotel is about 20 minutes from the casino and very easy to get to from here.No problems with this hotel and I even had a handpay jackpot win at the casino so it was a great trip!
1 night trip May 30, 2014
Phil
"Poor Attitude"
I was advised by the front desk that the parking space I used while checking in was reserved and I should park elsewhere as the person it is reserved for had complained. Presumably, this person is the owner. Two parking spaces in front of the room nearest the front desk are marked reserved and neither one was in use nor did anyone attempt to use them during my brief checkin. If this is such a touchy issue, there should be reserved parking spaces for checkin.
1 night trip May 7, 2014
GJ
"OK for the price"
Needed a cheap, convenient place ($60) to sleep to avoid driving 3 hours round-trip overnight during a weekend BBall tourney. Got what we paid for. Room was clean, but old. Neighborhood was OK. Direct TV did not work well. Close to many restaurants. Free breakfast was coffee and mini-mini-Danish (I mean "small"!). No idea about the WiFi. Wouldn't recommend for any "significant" stay.
1 night trip Apr 12, 2014
"Rooms were run down a bit but handy location."
The headboard in one of our rooms was falling off of the wall, 2 of the 3 rooms had the bathroom doors off of the hinges, and our room had a hole in the bathroom door. That said, the hotel was centrally located to our needs and the rooms were well stocked. The beds were very uncomfortable but the staff was friendly.
2 night trip Mar 7, 2014
Jean
"Rooms alright, NOT trailer friendly as advertised"
The website indicated this motel was RV and trailer friendly, it was not. There was only one entrance/exit with nowhere to turn around, we had to unhook our car and trailer to park. Jamie S. at the front desk called us at 10pm to move the truck twice because it wasn't parked in front of our room (the unhooked car and trailer were there) because "We are a 24 hour facility and we need the spots open in case others arrive later." There were 4 cars including ours in the lot all night and in the morning. She seemed annoyed that we had a truck and trailer. The room itself was adequate for the low price and clean, no complaints there. Would stay again if only bringing a car.
1 night business trip Feb 25, 2014
Jonathan
We weren't sure what to expect because of the low cost but it was a wonderful surprise! Very clean and the staff made every effort to make our stay pleasant!
1 night trip Jan 13, 2014
Lorraine
"Good quality for the price"
Efficient and clean
1 night trip Jan 10, 2014
Paul Lee
"Great for the price!"
This place was great for the cheap price. I had every thing I basically needed & the staff was friendly. The room was clean & quiet. I will definitely stay here again if I am in the area!
3 night trip Dec 25, 2013
Mari
"good price,close to 95"
I have stayed at Knight's Inn a few times in the past and have always been satisfied with the value. This time I was a little disappointed. The beds weren't as comfortable, the pillows small and scarce (only two small ones per bed) and there was a big gap between the door and the door frame to the bathroom (you could see in when the door was shut). I think it might be time for a renovation. But staff was friendly and courteous and you can't beat the price.
3 night trip Dec 20, 2013
"Overnight stay"
We arrived mid evening the check in person was pleasant the room was clean and quiet. ...I couldnt figure out the heating unit so the amount of heat was too much for the space. But we'd rather too much then none.plus we couldn't get it figured out.....lol Nor could we figure out the remote for the tv.......and men NEVER seek directions. ...so calling the front dedk was out lol.......so we gad no complaints about the room cause I trusted the prior reviews ♥
Other trip Dec 28, 2013
kimmi
We stopped for one night and wanted to stay right off the highway. While the room could use some repairs (moldings, door) it was clean and the bed was comfortable. The check in staff was very pleasant and friendly.
1 night trip Dec 20, 2013
"Cheap, clean and near the highway"
We were fine and satisfied with minimal service. The complimentary breakfast was coffee (no decaf) and mini donuts.
2 night trip Dec 21, 2013
Disappointed with "continental breakfast". Dumpster at next door bank emptied at 4 AM. Front desk seemed unconcerned. Price is main feature.
1 night business trip Oct 14, 2013
Good location, good Italian Trattoria across the street, VERY minimal breakfast (Mini donuts) but a Subway next door. Clean, comfortable.
1 night trip Nov 20, 2013
jon
"Close to the things we wanted to see"
The room was clean. There were no problems checking in or out. The staff was friendly, and the room was very comfortable. The breakfast bar was minimal (for the price what do you want) we ate out. This was the best deal we found and we were very pleased with the stay. If we are in the area again we will stay here again.
2 night family trip Nov 9, 2013
"Nice..."
I felt the Knights Inn was a good value for the dollar. I will stay there again.
1 night business trip Nov 11, 2013
"Was not bad"
I would stay here again. Hotel was not bad for the price. The bed was pretty comfortable but I did bring my own sheets. the hotel okay not horrible but not great. Don't count on the complementary breakfast to feed you. I was disappointed that they only had juice coffee and and little packages of danish.
Other trip Nov 9, 2013
"Great value for money"
One night stay on the way from MD to WV. Great internet speed. Room was clean and up to date. Breakfast looked meager when I checked in so did not bother going the morning after. Brought my own. Great location' easy top find. Lots of restaurants and grocery stores nearby. Would recommend.
1 night business trip Oct 30, 2013
Marinus
"cheap & clean room with no frills.."
why spend more just to sleep over.. clean & neat room with no frills
Other trip Oct 29, 2013
ken
"Not luxurious, but serves its purpose."
My brother and I stayed here in a double room the night before a race we were running in West Virginia. The hotel was conveniently located near the highway, and the price was excellent. The rooms were clean, although old (and with bathrooms a little on the small side). The continental breakfast was small, but hey, free breakfast. Overall, in a similar situation, I'd stay here again. It was safe, convenient, and clean, and that's all we needed.
1 night trip Oct 18, 2013
"overnight stay"
Hotel was clean and conveniently located. Would stay again.
1 night trip Oct 17, 2013
Enjoyed our stay. Hotel location makes it easily accessible. Staff was friendly and helpful! Would stay there again.
1 night business trip Oct 17, 2013
No complaints...will stay again when in the area.
1 night trip Oct 12, 2013
"great stay for the money"
It was convenient and easy to find off 81. There was no road/traffic noise. They were pet friendly but you heard no barking or anything coming from the neighboring rooms. The rooms very clean. Didn't check out the continental breakfast. Would stay again if in that area.
1 night trip Sep 28, 2013
T Saxby
"Nice for the money spent"
My first experience with a Knigts Inn, Was pleasantly surprised, took too much time for check in as they were having problems with their computer and getting verification of my reservation. After that the room was clean, bed was comfy, could have used more then the 2 pillows they supplied. For the money it was a pleasant experience, the wifi worked very good, I would return to this hotel if in the area again.
1 night business trip Sep 11, 2013
Good price/quality for cost. Bathroom could have been cleaner. Minor maintenance issues with shower stall.
1 night family trip Sep 10, 2013
Rob
"Average motel"
Everything was about as expected except the continental breakfast. Nothing but a few mini donuts and coffee. I dont think many adults allow their kids to drink coffee so better off staying some place else if this is important to you. I am a non coffee drinking adult and could not believe there was nothing else. I wworked at the worst and cheapest Days Inn ever and we at least had juice, coffeee, donuts, muffins and toast in the morning.
1 night trip Aug 16, 2013
"Getaway"
Clean. comfortable and staff was very helpful.
1 night trip Jul 23, 2013
steve
The stay was fine. Very nice place for the price. However, I did not like having a picture of my credit card taken for posterity(7yers). I believe it is against the law to have a file with credit card numbers. When I asked if they blacked out the numbers when patron left I was informed that was not the case. Not good.
1 night trip Jul 5, 2013
Lynn
"It was okay...not the best we've encountered"
Found this hotel on travel advisor. It wasn't as great as the others we stayed in but it was worth the money.
Other trip Jul 9, 2013
Angie
"Nice Stay"
Very comfortable beds. Clean rooms. Convenient to Antietam & Harpers Ferry.
2 night trip Jul 5, 2013
"Worse hotel on our trip"
The internet would not work and called the front desk and was told that it was working fine for her! Then we had load people hanging out by the cars and when the front desk was called we were told they were OK cause she knew who they were and we should not worry. Breakfast was very tiny dry donuts that ran out and were never replenished. We were glad to leave. But no one ther could tell us how to get to a battle field 15 miles away. hey also had very little brouchures to fing places to eat or do in area.T
1 night family trip Jun 19, 2013