All hotels in Michigan City, Indiana, United States of America
201 W Kieffer Rd, Michigan City, IN, 46360, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

2.5
    2.2
    1.8
    2.7
"Flat out disgusting"
Absolutely disgusting. Not at all clean. Slept with clothes on. Walls caked with yrs of smoke build up in a none smoking room. Very unprofessional during check out. Guy was on his phone and never got up to ask how it was . Just not at all recommended.
1 night family trip Aug 11, 2015
Rj
"and i thought i was getting a deal..."
this room was unreal, if they are all like this, i dont know how they stay in business.. wall trim falling down, shower head falling down, bathroom tiles all coming up.., had to watch your step to keep from falling when using the toliet, which by the way was filling up with hot water, your rear end got a sauna everytime you sat down. the curtains were falling down, the TV must have been from the 80"s the remote never worked,only two towels and one washcloth, got up early just to get the heck out of there, but the guy at the front desk was pleasant.. all in all about 1/2 out of 10..
1 night romance trip Aug 1, 2015
"You get what you pay for...liveable but not clean."
1St room we booked accidentally was a smoking room...they switched us to a non smoking room...still smelled like smoke and there were cigarette butts in thr sink and several under the bed. Asked for more pillows...they didn't have any extra pillows. Guy at the front desk was very friendly, Hotel was just under equipped and underfunded. Room itself was in poor shape, but it had a good cable television, a mini fridge, and hot water. The air conditioning also did work very well...had wifi which was nice. Only a short 5 to 10 minute drive to the downtown area or the lakeshore, and right next to Meijer grocery for food drinks etc. However, our total for Thursday Friday Saturday night was $136.00... Can't really beat the price for a nice weekend getaway with a great Beach location.
3 night family trip Jul 23, 2015
Assia
"DISGUST IT."
THE DOOR WAS HARD TO OPEN AND SHUT CLOSE. LIKE IT WAS STUCK. FRIGERATOR WAS NOT PLUG IN OR CLEAN. THERE WAS SPOTS IN THE CHAIR AND ON THE BED SHEETS. TOILET SEAT HAD BLACK SPOTS ON IT. WALL HAVE CRACKS THERE WAS A SMELL IN THE ROOM. AC UNIT HAVE TRASH IN THE VENT. I WILL NEVER BE BACK THERE.
1 night romance trip Jul 24, 2015
Penny
"Worst Room I've rented in 40+ years of travel"
I bought a non-smoking room, but they said they only had one that had been smoked in once. I Had to have a short sleep on a 1200 mi. drive so I took it. The room had not been smoked in once, it reeked of smoke (my little bag still smelled 2 days later); the carpet was so stained that you could not walk without stepping on a stain. I did not feel comfortable taking my shoes off; the sink are had exposed screws only part way installed on patch pieces of wood, and a ceramic tile just laid on the floor. The TV remote did not even work. This was by far the worst room, that I have ever had. It should not be rented to anyone.
1 night business trip Jun 30, 2015
J G
"You get what you pay for"
This was by far the cheapest hotel in the area, booked sortof last minute. The best thing was the bed was comfortable. It was in bad need of upgrades, and parts of the bottoms of the walls were missing the trimming. There were always a bunch of people hanging around outside together and grilling out with their doors open, so that made us uncomfortable, but at least they weren't loud. TV was one of the old ones and it smelled like a smoking room even though it was a non smoking room. But if you are looking for cheap and comfortable it was good. And it felt like it was clean as well, just old and in need of updating.
4 night romance trip Jun 16, 2015
Sheryl
"Run Down but Cheap"
I booked the rooms late and when I got there to check in the desk person seemed upset that the booking was allowed. He said he had rooms but that he would not normally use them. He said one smelled of cat. We took two others. One was on fairly decent shape so my parents took that one. Ours was in very bad condition. The bath tub was stained, there was a burn mark on the ceiling that looked like it was caused by a wire protruding from it. It served its purpose but it was in very bad condition. I have to remind myself that the price was relatively low.
1 night family trip Jun 13, 2015
Wilhelmina
"The staff was really good and provided more info,"
Overall, is OK, A little bit noisy before 1 am since some guests kept chatting outside even at midnight and no one stopping them. Because no more non smoking unit was available, I was lived in a smoking unit. The smoking smell was too strong.
Other trip May 23, 2015
A
Better off sleeping in your car. The roach had a better night's sleep.
Other trip Feb 9, 2015
"DO NOT STAY HERE"
DO NOT STAY HERE! This was the worst experience I had in my whole life. Had to go in the back door and ring a bell to check in. The attendant took 20 minutes to check me in. When I finally got into the room there were holes in the walls & mattresses. The bedding was brown and stained. The room smelled so bad it was unbearable. I went to the "front desk" to demand a refund and the woman told me that she couldn't refund my payment until her boss arrived in the morning if we wanted to come in then. Upon inquiring, I learned that her boss was not expected until 10am and I needed to be on the road by 6am. All she could do was offer to switch my rooms. I switched rooms and this one was slightly better in that the holes in the walls had boards over them at least and it came with a chair. On the other hand; it had no phone, clock, hangers or tv remote so I guess you just can't have it all. This hotel was so bad that I almost didn't even want my dog to sleep in the bed with me for his cleanliness and he rolls around in dead animals. We went to bed in our clothes but I don't think between the dirt, smell & shady characters, I slept more than 10 minutes all night. We finally decided, at 4:30 a.m. that we got enough "rest" and booked it out of there as fast as we could. I would have been better off sleeping in my car. Just say no.
1 night family trip Dec 30, 2014
Ashley
"Well Worth the Value"
Hotel staff was very friendly and accommodating!! Couldn't have asked for nicer people. The cost was very reasonable and the bed was surprisingly comfortable. The only thing is that the room was pretty outdated, but clean. We weren't familiar with the area, but it seemed to be ok. Even the people at the gas station and restaurant we went to were very friendly. Would definitely stay there again! Go Cards!!
1 night romance trip Nov 22, 2014
Only stayed one night, good for the price and length of stay
Other trip Nov 25, 2014
tracey
"Wrong choice"
The heat knob was missing mantience had to come with plier to turn up so I still had to turn it off when it got to hot because I couldn't turn the temp down, the remote didn't work, I only had one face towel. Thank GOD I was only a hr away from home I was really tired I took a nap and left in bout 4 hrs. I guess u get what u pay for
Other trip Nov 17, 2014
Tricia
"disappointing"
The room was not as pictured on the site. Holes in the curtains. no room in the bathroom, with unfinished baseboards. Was not appealing at all
Other trip Oct 15, 2014
B.J.
"NEVER AGAIN"
THE WORST....DO NOT GO HERE!!!!!!! Looked and smelled of mold and filth! Hotels.com SHOULD TÃKE THIS ONE OUT OF THEIR SYSTEM !!!!!!
1 night romance trip Oct 4, 2014
joyce
"Lacking Service/Cleanliness (Close to freeway)"
It was very conveniently close to the freeway and inexpensive for a quick one night stay. No frills hotel room with patched holes in multiple places, taped dresser drawers, old TV and very dated interior and bathroom. Completely what I would expect for a hotel costing low cost, however what I wasn't expecting is a bathroom that wasn't cleaned and when requesting two queen beds, getting one queen and a double. Also, if you say you offer WiFi than actually have it work. The filthy bathroom, no working WiFi, and misrepresentation of what kind of beds is why we rated it so poorly. When brought to their attention, there was no willingness to accommodate us for the problems. The management didn't care!
1 night trip Oct 4, 2014
"nasty"
That place has cockroaches and it's dirty
1 night business trip Oct 3, 2014
"The worst hotel ever"
Carpet stained ALL over, cobwebs, broken tiles, broken bed....didn't see bugs but..... I recommend sleeping in the car if this is the only place you can find
Other trip Sep 29, 2014
Crystal
"Good for a night"
Melissa was very capable and friendly working the front desk at my check in. Place is within walking distance of several restaurants, a plus after a day of driving. The entire hotel needs renovation, but for one night you can't beat the price.
1 night trip Sep 12, 2014
Mike V
"Nasty Motel"
Our room was was filthy! It sould have been condemed long ago.
Other trip Sep 8, 2014
Judy
"Will never stay again...such a disappointment"
This motel was dirty. There was a 2x4 holding up the air conditioner. Black mold in the bathroom, could not even take a shower. The refrigerator had water floating in the bottom. It was very nasty. The only good think about it was that the air conditioner kept our room really cold, that was about it. Would not recommend.
1 night family trip Aug 31, 2014
The Rux Family
"The worst hotel experience I ever had."
I arrived there and I could not believe the condition the room was in. The sheets and pillow cases had stains in them. The floor was filthy, the walls were dirty, the toilet didn't flush, the celling had water stains, the dresser had missing handles, the tv was older than me, and it smelled like death! I told the manager on duty about the room, and he offered us another room. The second room was worst than the first one, if you can believe that, this room even had used tissue on the floor.I went back to speak to the manger about the condition of the second room, and he came to view the rooms and agreed the rooms were not in top condition(lmao, understatement of the year), then he proceed to offer us the Jacuzzi suite, which was just as bad but with a dirty tub in it. I have pictures of the room that I wish I could post. Whats the most unbelievable part of the experience is that hotels.com is affiliated with this hotel. Its very hard to believe that they have booked this hotel to others customers and still have them listed on thier site. If you are reading this review to consider booking this hotel please do me and you a favor and DON'T DO IT! Our experience here was bad enough for the next 20 people considering going. To hotels.com: I strongly recommend, no, I demand you remove this hotel from your listing immediately. This was the first time I used your site and this was the worst experience I have ever had staying anywhere in my entire life (and that includes alot of undesirable places). I know you don't want customers first interactions with you to be like mine. Its in your best interest to remove these guys. If you want the photos please contact me or better yet send one of your representatives to stay there, you won't be disappointed.
1 night trip Aug 16, 2014
"You get what you pay for."
I have stayed at the Knights Inn in Michigan City for years... I have family in that area and we stay there when they are not able to host us. The hotel has definitely declined over the years (I still miss the outdoor swimming pool), but it is not terrible. There were no signs of bugs or mold and nothing was stained in our room. The beds, toilet, furniture, and vanity were pleasantly clean. However, the drawers in the dresser were dirty, it was clear the walls were not ever cleaned, and the bathtub was pretty unsettling... there was a gaping hole in the side of the tub that someone had clearly attempted to patch but done a horrible job so it was uneven and discolored. We barely spend any time in the hotel room and travel frequently enough that we also go a cheaper route, so as long as we have clean beds to sleep in and a shower when we need it, we're pretty comfortable. I can see where people are disappointed with the hotel if they are more particular about accommodations. You get what you pay for is the best way to put it.
Other trip Aug 11, 2014
"WORST HOTEL EVER!"
We didn't stay because the hotel was not "fair" it was dirty and we did not feel safe there.
1 night trip Aug 1, 2014
Renae
"Not very good"
Hope the one we are staying at in nashville is better
Other trip Jul 28, 2014
hot without ICE machine!!
2 night trip Jun 27, 2014
Medinachickenmann
"If you need an inexpensive place for the night."
Not the greatest looking place, but room was clean, quiet and comfortable. No amenities, but if you just need somewhere to lay your head for the night, was OK. Some reviews I read were bad, but our experience was fine. Close to highway and within walking distance to a few restaurants.
Other trip Jun 27, 2014
Jane
"Okay"
It was okay weekend rates can be more reasonable but it was okay
Other trip Jun 27, 2014
"Disappointing WiFi"
The WiFi would not reach my room, which was almost furthest away from the utility room where I was told the router resides. Staff was helpful in rebooting the router, etc., and offered to move me to a room that was closer. However, none of those options worked. There were people in the lobby using their devices; hence I suspect I was not alone in this regards. Otherwise, the room was decent enough considering the price. I was fine by myself but question whether my family would have been comfortable.
1 night trip Jun 18, 2014
"Very Dirty Rooms"
Rooms were absolute dirty and filthy.
1 night business trip May 29, 2014
ANONYMOUS
"The room was a complete mess"
I didn't like my stay there the bed wasn't made right the floor wasn't vacuum
1 night trip Feb 14, 2014
"Disgusting"
This hotel is so disgusting that I could've thrown up. The room is dirty. The chairs, carpet, blanket, floors, and walls had dirt spots. I can't even put it into words how disgusting this Michigan City, IN location is.
1 night business trip Feb 8, 2014
"Crisis Stay."
A last minute decision given the crisis in my sub-division.
2 night trip Jan 29, 2014
SJW
The room was economical and actually quite pleasant. The staff was very friendly.
1 night trip Dec 31, 2013
"Never stay in this dump!!! It's a rathole!"
My stay was so deplorable that I will never use Hotels.com again! It was my first and LAST attempt!
1 night trip Dec 13, 2013
Jones
"Worst hotel I have ever stayed."
The first room I was assigned smelled like feces. I was given another room and the towels were dingy and one towel felt wet. The carpet had not been vaccumed and had dirt and some some tracking on it. This WAS A HORRIBLE EXCUSE for a hotel and I would never recommend this hotel to anyone.
1 night trip Dec 3, 2013
"Not up to Knights Inn standards"
Dirty Linens when we arrived. had to use the dirty towels next morning. Failed to attempt to service the room TWICE, in spite of putting out the "Service Please" tag . Management apologized. I tried to "buy a hamburger" with their APOLOGY which made crystal clear the value of their apology. NEVER AGAIN ! Expedia should know better.
Other trip Nov 26, 2013
Gordon
"HORRIBLE"
-No phone in room, No clock in room, Remote was trashed and tapped with electrical tape, hole in floor between sink and toliet, carpet dirty, old nasty pillows, room smelled dirty. Over all NASTY! I complained but nothing they could do since they already processed my credit card. Very UPSET , do not recommend even for the low price.
1 night trip Nov 16, 2013
Tara
"defently need new managers"
It was a last minute choice. However the room was dirty. There was blood on the sheet. Where they didnt change it from the person before. There was a used wash cloth hanging in shower. That showes me they didn't clean shower. And there where ashes in the bath room from smoking. The room looked nice from a nacked eye. However very dirty. I will not stay there again. And they lady at check in was not very friendly. Felt like I was a bother.
1 night romance trip Nov 9, 2013
carmen hamilton
"Nasty"
Stayed here for a funeral. Carpet was stained, bed spread was stained and looked dirty. Probably the worst hotel I have ever stayed in. Not worth the money.
Other trip Sep 13, 2013
"Old rudown inn."
The bed (matress & foundation) were on the floor without a bedframe. The matress was very soft and saggy. Sheets were stained. Flat pillows. Carpet was very old, worn and stained. Carpet was damp around heater/AC and no knob to adjust heat/AC. No chain lock on door. No alarm clock. Ceiling tiles over sink were very dirty/dusty. Exterior was faded, not kept up. Had to initial that I would not smoke in a non smoking room, least of the issues for that room.
Other trip Sep 5, 2013
Mashelle
"Very old and outdated"
Didn't even stay the night. The NONSMOKING room smelled like someone chained smoked in there for years. However, The night shift person who handled my check out was VERY courteous and professional.
Other trip Sep 3, 2013
Jonathan
had a great anniversy w e will stay again
2 night trip Aug 11, 2013
"Filthy"
One of the dirtiest, most unappealing hotels I have ever stayed in. From the grounds to the building to the office to the parking lot and finally to the room everything about this hotel was awful. The carpet and furniture were dirty with multiple stains and visible wear. There was mildew on the grout in the bathroom and wall tiles were loose. Just a horrible experience.
1 night trip Aug 4, 2013
"overnight"
That was the worst place I have been in my entire life. Place needs to be bulldozed and rebuilt.
1 night trip Aug 3, 2013
"Very old needs updateing"
The staff was very nice and freindly but the hotel needs alot of updating. The carpets were so stained and gross. The refrigerator had electrical tape holding it together and the TV only received 4 channels. VERY VERY old and needs some TLC. Would not stay again just for the fact I was afraid to have my child on the floor and just needs updating. The staff was very friendly.
3 night family trip Aug 1, 2013
BS
"This place is a dive."
Yes, we wanted a hotel room, but we wanted a decent room. The plumbing did work. However there was a standard toilet seat on an elongated toilet bowl. Towel racks were leaning on one screw. The entire bathroom floor was cracked, and the toilet was slanted. You had to hold the handle to complete the flush. The furnishings were all old and badly stained (you would find better at the Salvation Army). The TV remote did not work at all. Bare bulbs in light fixtures. Drunken people calling outside in the courtyard into the night.
Other trip Aug 5, 2013
Jas.
"Knight Inn OK"
Close to I94. Hot water is very hot. Ceiling tile over sink was missing.
Other trip Jul 8, 2013
Greg
No blow dryer in room. No bed frame mattresses on floor. Asked for wake up call and never got one. Phone didn't work at times and tub was patched and not very secure when showering.
1 night trip Jun 28, 2013
"never again!!!"
I chose to book a room at the knights in based on hotel pics and description. The room was NOTHING like the photos. Our air was broken, refigerator was missing,mattress was sitting on the floor, carpets were filthy anf there were families living there by the week.. kids yelling and playing outside my door, toys everywhere and music playing loud all night. The experience was miserable and definitely put a dapper on my visit.
1 night romance trip Jun 28, 2013