All hotels in Michigan City, Indiana, United States of America
201 W Kieffer Rd, Michigan City, IN, 46360, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

Room is not nice
    Dirty
"Knights Inn is as Ragedy as a Homeless Shelter !!"
Raggedy Old Hotel. In Need of basic upkeep Repairs!! After being disappointed for various reasons ,with a total of three rooms. I eventually chose the 4th room , unfortunately I was to tired to bother checking the floor. There was a NAIL!! sticking up through the carpet , 2 feet away from the Heater. I had to avoid it when ever I changed the temperature setting. I asked for a Microwave , four separate times , I asked the Manager on duty I asked Housekeeping both said they would look into it. I stayed 4 nights. I Never got a Microwave? I went 4 days without my morning coffee!! The 1st room the towel holder literally fell off of the wall when I went to get a towel. The 2nd room had not been cleaned? The 3rd room , my key would not work ? I eventually chose the 4th room , the bathroom door had a boot print on it and an indentation on it , as if someone had kicked it in. There was no border on bottom of tub and sink area. Interestingly however, The 1st room with the broken towel holder , had a microwave. My room was a smoking room , per my request when booking my room , there was no Ashtray??? Raggedy Old Hotel.
4 night business trip Jan 14, 2016
Lorraine
"poor"
I guess what do you expect for $30 - bed was too soft and rolled to the middle, sheets were not white & had stains, towels were yellow & only one wash cloth,no kleenex,shampoo,lotion, only 2 bar of soap. refrigerator did not work & if it did, would not have put anything in it, was disgusting.Only good thing was the price & was clean.
2 night romance trip Dec 30, 2015
lawrence h.
"The worst"
very dirty.
1 night romance trip Dec 22, 2015
"Worse place EVER!!!"
Hotel needs to be shut down! It was dirty and gross it looked like the sheets were not washed, the room was old and falling apart this place should be condemned
1 night romance trip Oct 29, 2015
Juan
This hotel should be taken off your list. It was a horrible experience. It was dirty, in very poor condition, felt unsafe to be in the area.
1 night business trip Oct 10, 2015
john d.
"Filth"
Hot & cold water was switched, so hot water was in the toilet. Not comfortable! Filthy bathroom sink. Didn't even take a shower, it looked too dirty to be in!
1 night romance trip Sep 26, 2015
Not Provided
"Dirty and Cheap"
The hotel was disgustingly dirty. The room was not clean. There were giant burn holes in the comforter. After pulling the comforter off of the bed, the sheets were absolutely appalling. When the staff was asked to switch us rooms, they simply replied that there were no more available. They staff was asked for new bedding so we could actually sleep in the beds. They said it was fine and that it would be taken care of. The next morning, someone finally comes to hand us new sheets and blankets... The wifi did not work which made my life very difficult since I need internet to complete and submit my homework while on vacation. Overall, I was very dissatisfied with the cleanliness of the rooms and the reaction we got from reporting the issue.
Other trip Sep 29, 2015
Will
"Icky"
GROSSS!!!
1 night trip with friends Sep 19, 2015
"Flat out disgusting"
Absolutely disgusting. Not at all clean. Slept with clothes on. Walls caked with yrs of smoke build up in a none smoking room. Very unprofessional during check out. Guy was on his phone and never got up to ask how it was . Just not at all recommended.
1 night family trip Aug 11, 2015
Rj
"wouldn't recommend"
room smelled of smoke, carpet was filthy, couldn't stay there.
Other trip Aug 14, 2015
"and i thought i was getting a deal..."
this room was unreal, if they are all like this, i dont know how they stay in business.. wall trim falling down, shower head falling down, bathroom tiles all coming up.., had to watch your step to keep from falling when using the toliet, which by the way was filling up with hot water, your rear end got a sauna everytime you sat down. the curtains were falling down, the TV must have been from the 80"s the remote never worked,only two towels and one washcloth, got up early just to get the heck out of there, but the guy at the front desk was pleasant.. all in all about 1/2 out of 10..
1 night romance trip Aug 1, 2015
"You get what you pay for...liveable but not clean."
1St room we booked accidentally was a smoking room...they switched us to a non smoking room...still smelled like smoke and there were cigarette butts in thr sink and several under the bed. Asked for more pillows...they didn't have any extra pillows. Guy at the front desk was very friendly, Hotel was just under equipped and underfunded. Room itself was in poor shape, but it had a good cable television, a mini fridge, and hot water. The air conditioning also did work very well...had wifi which was nice. Only a short 5 to 10 minute drive to the downtown area or the lakeshore, and right next to Meijer grocery for food drinks etc. However, our total for Thursday Friday Saturday night was $136.00... Can't really beat the price for a nice weekend getaway with a great Beach location.
3 night family trip Jul 23, 2015
Assia
"DISGUST IT."
THE DOOR WAS HARD TO OPEN AND SHUT CLOSE. LIKE IT WAS STUCK. FRIGERATOR WAS NOT PLUG IN OR CLEAN. THERE WAS SPOTS IN THE CHAIR AND ON THE BED SHEETS. TOILET SEAT HAD BLACK SPOTS ON IT. WALL HAVE CRACKS THERE WAS A SMELL IN THE ROOM. AC UNIT HAVE TRASH IN THE VENT. I WILL NEVER BE BACK THERE.
1 night romance trip Jul 24, 2015
Penny
"Do not stay here . . ."
Very shabby, run down place. Linens stained, towels stained and felt like sandpaper. Window curtain broken. Safety chain on door broken. TV old, bad picture. Everything felt dirty, not clean, even if it really was clean.
Other trip Jul 20, 2015
Terrible place
"Worst Room I've rented in 40+ years of travel"
I bought a non-smoking room, but they said they only had one that had been smoked in once. I Had to have a short sleep on a 1200 mi. drive so I took it. The room had not been smoked in once, it reeked of smoke (my little bag still smelled 2 days later); the carpet was so stained that you could not walk without stepping on a stain. I did not feel comfortable taking my shoes off; the sink are had exposed screws only part way installed on patch pieces of wood, and a ceramic tile just laid on the floor. The TV remote did not even work. This was by far the worst room, that I have ever had. It should not be rented to anyone.
1 night business trip Jun 30, 2015
J G
"You get what you pay for"
This was by far the cheapest hotel in the area, booked sortof last minute. The best thing was the bed was comfortable. It was in bad need of upgrades, and parts of the bottoms of the walls were missing the trimming. There were always a bunch of people hanging around outside together and grilling out with their doors open, so that made us uncomfortable, but at least they weren't loud. TV was one of the old ones and it smelled like a smoking room even though it was a non smoking room. But if you are looking for cheap and comfortable it was good. And it felt like it was clean as well, just old and in need of updating.
4 night romance trip Jun 16, 2015
Sheryl
"Bad"
This was the worst hotel i ever stayed at in my life we had to change room due to blood and stains on sheets, smell of room was nasty, the fridge was filthy and the new room had a bad spoiled smell and was nasty as well had to get all new sheets and couldnt even use blankets????
Other trip Jun 21, 2015
tanya
"Run Down but Cheap"
I booked the rooms late and when I got there to check in the desk person seemed upset that the booking was allowed. He said he had rooms but that he would not normally use them. He said one smelled of cat. We took two others. One was on fairly decent shape so my parents took that one. Ours was in very bad condition. The bath tub was stained, there was a burn mark on the ceiling that looked like it was caused by a wire protruding from it. It served its purpose but it was in very bad condition. I have to remind myself that the price was relatively low.
1 night family trip Jun 13, 2015
Wilhelmina
"Sometimes pictures don't show the real thing. Very"
This pictures of the place are nothing like they have pictured on their site. We didn't need a pool or anything and from the pictures we thought not bad and good room rate. Well we were wrong. Had we known how gross the rooms were we would have went some place else. I reserved online and they wouldn't let me get a refund due to having to cancel in advanced. Our bed didn't even have a fitted sheet , the ceiling you thought was going to fall in on you, just so much to list. I say spend the little extra and don't fall for the pictures they have on their site. The only thing nice was the lady at the check in counter.
2 night family trip Jun 5, 2015
Amber
"DO NOT STAY AT THIS HOTEL!!!!"
HORRIBLE, DISGUSTING, PUKRID, BUG INFESTED!!!! I wouldn't rent a room from this hotel even if I was homeless! Walked in an cockrochs running around and pulled back the covers to find feces between the sheets. Immediately asked for a refund which in return took 3 days to get it. This so called hotrl needs to be shut down!!!! This hotel is sad!!!
6 night family trip May 29, 2015
The highlight of this room was watching the rain coming through the ceiling.
Other trip Jun 3, 2015
Had been told that Knights Inn is pet friendly but was charged an extra $10. Room is aged and grey looking. Bed linen is cheap and well worn. Rains leaked through ceiling and required that I create catch containers and use towels to mop up. Television is aged to point where picture is blurred. There was not even a plastic cup in the room.
Other trip Jun 1, 2015
"The staff was really good and provided more info,"
Overall, is OK, A little bit noisy before 1 am since some guests kept chatting outside even at midnight and no one stopping them. Because no more non smoking unit was available, I was lived in a smoking unit. The smoking smell was too strong.
Other trip May 23, 2015
A
"Stay away"
Would never stay there won't use this service again
Other trip May 19, 2015
Al
Better off sleeping in your car. The roach had a better night's sleep.
Other trip Feb 9, 2015
"DO NOT STAY HERE"
DO NOT STAY HERE! This was the worst experience I had in my whole life. Had to go in the back door and ring a bell to check in. The attendant took 20 minutes to check me in. When I finally got into the room there were holes in the walls & mattresses. The bedding was brown and stained. The room smelled so bad it was unbearable. I went to the "front desk" to demand a refund and the woman told me that she couldn't refund my payment until her boss arrived in the morning if we wanted to come in then. Upon inquiring, I learned that her boss was not expected until 10am and I needed to be on the road by 6am. All she could do was offer to switch my rooms. I switched rooms and this one was slightly better in that the holes in the walls had boards over them at least and it came with a chair. On the other hand; it had no phone, clock, hangers or tv remote so I guess you just can't have it all. This hotel was so bad that I almost didn't even want my dog to sleep in the bed with me for his cleanliness and he rolls around in dead animals. We went to bed in our clothes but I don't think between the dirt, smell & shady characters, I slept more than 10 minutes all night. We finally decided, at 4:30 a.m. that we got enough "rest" and booked it out of there as fast as we could. I would have been better off sleeping in my car. Just say no.
1 night family trip Dec 30, 2014
Ashley
"Well Worth the Value"
Hotel staff was very friendly and accommodating!! Couldn't have asked for nicer people. The cost was very reasonable and the bed was surprisingly comfortable. The only thing is that the room was pretty outdated, but clean. We weren't familiar with the area, but it seemed to be ok. Even the people at the gas station and restaurant we went to were very friendly. Would definitely stay there again! Go Cards!!
1 night romance trip Nov 22, 2014
Only stayed one night, good for the price and length of stay
Other trip Nov 25, 2014
tracey
"Wrong choice"
The heat knob was missing mantience had to come with plier to turn up so I still had to turn it off when it got to hot because I couldn't turn the temp down, the remote didn't work, I only had one face towel. Thank GOD I was only a hr away from home I was really tired I took a nap and left in bout 4 hrs. I guess u get what u pay for
Other trip Nov 17, 2014
Tricia
"disappointing"
The room was not as pictured on the site. Holes in the curtains. no room in the bathroom, with unfinished baseboards. Was not appealing at all
Other trip Oct 15, 2014
B.J.
"NEVER AGAIN"
THE WORST....DO NOT GO HERE!!!!!!! Looked and smelled of mold and filth! Hotels.com SHOULD TÃKE THIS ONE OUT OF THEIR SYSTEM !!!!!!
1 night romance trip Oct 4, 2014
joyce
"Lacking Service/Cleanliness (Close to freeway)"
It was very conveniently close to the freeway and inexpensive for a quick one night stay. No frills hotel room with patched holes in multiple places, taped dresser drawers, old TV and very dated interior and bathroom. Completely what I would expect for a hotel costing low cost, however what I wasn't expecting is a bathroom that wasn't cleaned and when requesting two queen beds, getting one queen and a double. Also, if you say you offer WiFi than actually have it work. The filthy bathroom, no working WiFi, and misrepresentation of what kind of beds is why we rated it so poorly. When brought to their attention, there was no willingness to accommodate us for the problems. The management didn't care!
1 night trip Oct 4, 2014
"nasty"
That place has cockroaches and it's dirty
1 night business trip Oct 3, 2014
"The worst hotel ever"
Carpet stained ALL over, cobwebs, broken tiles, broken bed....didn't see bugs but..... I recommend sleeping in the car if this is the only place you can find
Other trip Sep 29, 2014
Crystal
"Good for a night"
Melissa was very capable and friendly working the front desk at my check in. Place is within walking distance of several restaurants, a plus after a day of driving. The entire hotel needs renovation, but for one night you can't beat the price.
1 night trip Sep 12, 2014
Mike V
"Nasty Motel"
Our room was was filthy! It sould have been condemed long ago.
Other trip Sep 8, 2014
Judy
"Will never stay again...such a disappointment"
This motel was dirty. There was a 2x4 holding up the air conditioner. Black mold in the bathroom, could not even take a shower. The refrigerator had water floating in the bottom. It was very nasty. The only good think about it was that the air conditioner kept our room really cold, that was about it. Would not recommend.
1 night family trip Aug 31, 2014
The Rux Family
"The worst hotel experience I ever had."
I arrived there and I could not believe the condition the room was in. The sheets and pillow cases had stains in them. The floor was filthy, the walls were dirty, the toilet didn't flush, the celling had water stains, the dresser had missing handles, the tv was older than me, and it smelled like death! I told the manager on duty about the room, and he offered us another room. The second room was worst than the first one, if you can believe that, this room even had used tissue on the floor.I went back to speak to the manger about the condition of the second room, and he came to view the rooms and agreed the rooms were not in top condition(lmao, understatement of the year), then he proceed to offer us the Jacuzzi suite, which was just as bad but with a dirty tub in it. I have pictures of the room that I wish I could post. Whats the most unbelievable part of the experience is that hotels.com is affiliated with this hotel. Its very hard to believe that they have booked this hotel to others customers and still have them listed on thier site. If you are reading this review to consider booking this hotel please do me and you a favor and DON'T DO IT! Our experience here was bad enough for the next 20 people considering going. To hotels.com: I strongly recommend, no, I demand you remove this hotel from your listing immediately. This was the first time I used your site and this was the worst experience I have ever had staying anywhere in my entire life (and that includes alot of undesirable places). I know you don't want customers first interactions with you to be like mine. Its in your best interest to remove these guys. If you want the photos please contact me or better yet send one of your representatives to stay there, you won't be disappointed.
1 night trip Aug 16, 2014
"You get what you pay for."
I have stayed at the Knights Inn in Michigan City for years... I have family in that area and we stay there when they are not able to host us. The hotel has definitely declined over the years (I still miss the outdoor swimming pool), but it is not terrible. There were no signs of bugs or mold and nothing was stained in our room. The beds, toilet, furniture, and vanity were pleasantly clean. However, the drawers in the dresser were dirty, it was clear the walls were not ever cleaned, and the bathtub was pretty unsettling... there was a gaping hole in the side of the tub that someone had clearly attempted to patch but done a horrible job so it was uneven and discolored. We barely spend any time in the hotel room and travel frequently enough that we also go a cheaper route, so as long as we have clean beds to sleep in and a shower when we need it, we're pretty comfortable. I can see where people are disappointed with the hotel if they are more particular about accommodations. You get what you pay for is the best way to put it.
Other trip Aug 11, 2014
"WORST HOTEL EVER!"
We didn't stay because the hotel was not "fair" it was dirty and we did not feel safe there.
1 night trip Aug 1, 2014
Renae
"Not very good"
Hope the one we are staying at in nashville is better
Other trip Jul 28, 2014
hot without ICE machine!!
2 night trip Jun 27, 2014
Medinachickenmann
"If you need an inexpensive place for the night."
Not the greatest looking place, but room was clean, quiet and comfortable. No amenities, but if you just need somewhere to lay your head for the night, was OK. Some reviews I read were bad, but our experience was fine. Close to highway and within walking distance to a few restaurants.
Other trip Jun 27, 2014
Jane
"Okay"
It was okay weekend rates can be more reasonable but it was okay
Other trip Jun 27, 2014
"Disappointing WiFi"
The WiFi would not reach my room, which was almost furthest away from the utility room where I was told the router resides. Staff was helpful in rebooting the router, etc., and offered to move me to a room that was closer. However, none of those options worked. There were people in the lobby using their devices; hence I suspect I was not alone in this regards. Otherwise, the room was decent enough considering the price. I was fine by myself but question whether my family would have been comfortable.
1 night trip Jun 18, 2014
"Very Dirty Rooms"
Rooms were absolute dirty and filthy.
1 night business trip May 29, 2014
ANONYMOUS
Never again will I stay at this $h!? hole I'd rather sleep in my car or under a bridge the rooms are NASTY and when I say nasty I mean the sidewalk outside was cleaner then the room the Lenin was dirty as ever
2 night trip Mar 28, 2014
chris
"smh"
Room was not to bad heat didn't work, tv had lines in it, I think they have bugs..
1 night business trip Mar 15, 2014
"The room was a complete mess"
I didn't like my stay there the bed wasn't made right the floor wasn't vacuum
1 night trip Feb 14, 2014
"Disgusting"
This hotel is so disgusting that I could've thrown up. The room is dirty. The chairs, carpet, blanket, floors, and walls had dirt spots. I can't even put it into words how disgusting this Michigan City, IN location is.
1 night business trip Feb 8, 2014