All hotels in London, England, United Kingdom
142-144 Warwick Way, Victoria, London, England, SW1V 4JE, United Kingdom, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Very nice stay in quiet area"
We had a very nice stay at The Windermere. The owners and staff were pleasant and helpful. The Victoria area where it is located is quiet but a bit out of the way and about a 10-15 minute walk from the Victoria tube and rail station. The included breakfast was excellent, especially the freshly baked croissants!
Response by The Windermere Hotel
Thanks Darren. It was lovely to meet you. We hope to welcome you again soon.
6 night romance trip Jul 2, 2015
Darren
"Very comfortable hotel, conveniently located."
We were very pleased with the hotel. There were several eating establishments nearby, as well as a little convenience store. It was located a short distance from Victoria Station, in a quite neighborhood. The room was clean and very comfortable: the staff was friendly and helpful and the breakfasts were great! I will stay there again!
Other trip May 29, 2015
"Windermere."
Overall experience was pretty good. The rooms are small but well kept.
Response by The Windermere Hotel
Thank you so much. We are very pleased you enjoyed your stay. We hope to welcome you again soon!
Other trip May 12, 2015
"Boutique"
Very nice boutique hotel. Great breakfast. Location is perfect
Response by The Windermere Hotel
Thank you so much for awarding us full marks for your recent stay! We hope to welcome you again soon!
Other trip Apr 24, 2015
"Aging poorly"
This was my wife and my second time staying at the Windermere. 4 years ago, we thought this place was wonderful. However, they haven't aged well. We checked in and found the staff to be marginal. They seemed to not understand our questions very well and didn't give us much in the way of help when it was needed. We got in late and ate from the Brasserie downstairs and the chef didn't seem like he was all there. The food was fine, but nothing to write home about. The room seems extra dated and wasn't particularly well set up. There was no place for us to set our luggage. The bed wasn't particularly comfortable. The bathroom was average at best. Breakfast here was another let down, with the staff failing to be present the majority of the time and messing up orders and not caring when it happened. Asking for eggs over easy, which I was told was an option, seemed like I was asking for them to solve world hunger and wasn't done right any of the days we were there. The location wasn't particularly great either. It is near the Victoria train station but that is about all it has going for it. Overall, I'd recommend you keep looking for a better hotel in London. Unless something dramatic changes, we won't be staying here again.
Response by The Windermere Hotel
Dear Brandon Thank you for your review. I am extremely sorry and saddened to read that your return visit to us, after 4 years was not to your satisfaction. You booked a Superior room with us for 3 nights, and we were able to upgrade you for free to a Deluxe room on arrival. This is one of our most spacious rooms with a seating area, great wardrobe/storage space and luggage space. If you felt the need for an additional luggage rack, you could have requested one. Likewise, we always offer our guests the option of storing their suitcases if they feel this would make their stay more comfortable. It is a shame that you did not make use of this. Your description of your experience at breakfast and dinner is unusual, but I assure you that your comments have been taken very seriously in the hope that we never receive such a negative comment again. We always urge that any complaints be made during the stay, so that we may be allowed the opportunity to rectify any errors or grievances during your stay. I hope that you will reconsider, and that you will provide us with the opportunity of welcoming you again on another occasion. Kindest regards Emily
3 night romance trip Mar 15, 2015
Brandon
"Very comfortable hotel with wonderful staff."
Great location, very friendly and helpful staff (especially Beatrix) with good breakfast and easy walk to transport hub. We were upgraded and our room was large, very comfortable and maintained to a very high standard. Only criticism is there is no 'fridge in the room, but, there was no effort spared in supplying us with ice whenever we wanted. The real rating should be closer to excellent than pleasing, thank you to the staff, made our stay very enjoyable. Tony and Jan, Perth Western Australia.
Response by The Windermere Hotel
Dear Tony & Jan Many thanks for your review. I am very pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us. I am happy that we were able to give you a complimentary upgrade on arrival too. You mention that we do not provide a fridge in the rooms. This decision is made in order to maintain a peaceful ambience within the bedroom. In our experience, minibars and refrigerators can be quite noisy, and also take up a lot of space. We find this to be unnecessary as our bar is open 24/7 to our guests (room service is available), and should you require anything to be refrigerated, you are welcome to make use of our own refrigerator. Please ask at any time (24/7). I hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you again!
Other trip Apr 15, 2015
Tony and Jan
Very friendly staff. Well situated for Buckingham Palace and Big Ben etc. Rooms were nicely appointed and clean
Response by The Windermere Hotel
Hi Beth Thank you so much for sharing your comments of your recent stay. I am very pleased that you enjoyed your stay. We hope to welcome you again soon!
2 night trip with friends Apr 6, 2015
Beth
Near Victoria Station and within walking distance to Buckingham Palace, as well as Parliament area. Small and very clean. Full or continental breakfast was very nice. Friendly and helpful staff.
Response by The Windermere Hotel
Thank you very much. We hope to welcome you again!
Other trip Apr 9, 2015
"Great location, outstanding staff, nice room."
Found this hotel by searching on Expedia and then cross-referenced to Trip Advisor. I was hoping all the reviews were right. Although the hotel is small, the location is excellent. The staff was so friendly and helpful. We really did feel like it was our home away from home. I was traveling with a friend and wanted something that was close to London sights and the train station for our daily excursions to other places. It was only a short walk to the train and coach stations. The neighborhood is quiet and the hotel was clean and furnished very nicely. The stay included a full breakfast each morning. It was perfect. The front desk staff, especially Juan, were excellent. They made recommendations about tours, arranged cabs, and handled everything that a hotel concierge would. We also dined in the hotel for several of our evening meals and found the food excellent. They have a chef who gets local produce and fresh ingredients to create a delicious and very reasonable meal.
Response by The Windermere Hotel
Dear Debbie Thank you very much for your lovely comments. I am very pleased to read that we did not disappoint you! It was a pleasure meeting you! We hope to welcome you again soon. Best regards Emily Hambi, The Windermere
Other trip Mar 29, 2015
Debbie
Great time. Hotel is very nice and staff is exceptional
Response by The Windermere Hotel
Thank you very much! We hope to see you again soon. Best regards Emily Hambi, The Windermere
Other trip Mar 25, 2015
"Clean, attractive, close to transport, great staff"
friendly staff at all times. Helpful re getting around London. Best small hotel on a street of many hotels….most definitely the cleanest and most upscale. Breakfast genuinely good.
Response by The Windermere Hotel
Hi Helen Thank you for your most valued comments. We hope to welcome you again soon. Kindest regards Emily Hambi, The Windermere
Other trip Mar 23, 2015
Helen
"Great hotel close to transportation"
This was a great week! The hotel was small but clean and the staff was wonderful! They gave me great directions for all the places we wanted to visit. They made sure it was a safe route for the best price. This was a trip for me and my son and we felt very safe in the hotel and surrounding area. I will definitely stay here again!
Other trip Mar 14, 2015
"Wonderful hotel in Victoria"
Surpassed our expectations. Quiet clean roomy accomodation, friendly and extremely helpful staff, anticipating our needs, and a great breakfast. All in all, a very good experience.
Other trip Feb 23, 2015
Bill and Dianne
I stayed at the Windermere for a week while exploring London. The hotel was centrally located near Victoria Station and easy walking distance to Parliament. The room was comfortable and clean with a little taste of the age of the building. Staff were wonderful, helpful and friendly. Great place to stay.
Other trip Jan 31, 2015
Per
nice, clean, uncomplicated
Other trip Jan 15, 2015
"Very nice hotel with a boutique feel!!"
Convenient location! Excellent customer service, the employees were very friendly and helpful, loved the breakfast and the warm welcome the owners gave my daughter and I when we arrived. Cute boutique in the city feel!!! Would definitely recommend it to all my family and friends.
Other trip Jan 14, 2015
Marisol
A NICE hotel in a quiet neighborhood within a five minute walk to Victoria Station. Expect quaint not luxury. Room was small but comfortable. The staff very accommodating and friendly.
Other trip Jan 4, 2015
Ed
"Perfect for visiting London"
The Windermere was a very quaint bed and breakfast in a very accessible part of London. Only a 5 minute walk to Victoria tube station or a hop on hop off bus. The staff are very helpful and accomadiating and nothing seemed to big of a deal. You get a full English breakfast every morning which is a great way to start the day. The rooms are small but no more than you would expect for London, the en-suite was modern and clean, room service does a great job. My only gripe (small) is the corridor is very thin and there are a lot of stairs although there is a lift (elevator) you have to go down and then up stairs to get to your room and with big suitcases this is very difficult. A great location to stay and would definitely stay there again 4.8 out of 5 from us.
Response by The Windermere Hotel
Hi Shaun Thank you so much for sharing your comments. I am very pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us. Our classical Victorian building dates back to 1857. It is not a purpose built hotel, and we feel that is a part of our charm and character. It was a massive challenge to install an elevator into The Windermere, but we finally succeeded with it in 2012. The elevator does provide access to all floors, but given the architecture of our building, some rooms require access via a few steps. We are however always on hand to assist with luggage, so you should not have had to navigate your way through The Windermere with your big suitcases all on your own. For any guests concerned about stairs, we kindly ask that you make a note of this at the time of booking. We are unable to guarantee specific rooms types, but we always try our very best to accommodate accordingly. Thank you so much for awarding us 4.8/5! We look forward to welcoming you again.
4 night family trip Dec 29, 2014
Shaun
"Nice hotel, close to almost everything"
We had a wonderful time staying here while in London. Walking distance to many things. Extremely close to Victoria station. Room was very clean and the bed was comfortable. The employees were really nice! We would definitely stay here again.
Other trip Jan 2, 2015
Rebecca
"Convenient & Nice Place to Stay"
Three blocks or so from Victoria Station, the Windermere Hotel is a fine location with easy access to the public transit of London. The stairs are a bit steep, and the shower is a little unconventional, but a great time was had by all.
Other trip Dec 23, 2014
Ray
"Overall okay"
The hotel is located in a quite neighborhood - some 10 minutes away from the Victoria Train Station / Coach Station. The hotel staff was very kind and helpful with providing direction etc, and we loved the complimentary breakfast, which was hearty and generous. However, the hotel is a bit dated, and the building was not very well insulated. We could pretty much hear all the noises from our neighboring rooms as well as from the one upstairs, which kept us having awaken several times at night. I didn't think there was anything the hotel could have done, as the receptionist told us that we got the best room from the room category that applied to us. As London has so many rooms on offer, I don't think we would return to this hotel or recommend it to our friends.
Other trip Dec 18, 2014
Diana
"Excellent hotel near great Chelsea FC pub."
My wife and I celebrated our 1 year anniversary in London over Thanksgiving week. We chose the hotel for its price, proximity to the subway, and it's great reviews on all websites. We stayed on the 3rd floor in an upgraded deluxe room. The room had a large bed, 47 inch flat screen TV and a great bathroom with a deep tub. The rooms are WARM. We kept both windows open in late November, in London, all night because for our taste, it was too warm. There is no climate control for guest use, but the windows worked well. The front desk attendants were great. There is always one on duty who buzz you in and out of the small lobby. They provide you with luggage assistance, umbrellas, recommendations for dinner, and all sorts of useful brochures. Breakfast is awesome. Eggs, toast, sausage, bacon, potatoes, coffee, fruit, and cereal. The breakfast was so filling we often skipped lunch, which saved a few dollars a day. My one piece of advice, explore this neighborhood. There are so many great pubs and restaurants 10 minutes away. Get to know the bartenders at our favorite pub, The Greyhound. This pub is literally around the corner and they and their patrons are passionate Chelsea supporters. London is great and The Windermere is the perfect base for a very fun trip.
Other trip Nov 29, 2014
Honeymooners
Comfortable, convenient and good price. The staff was very nice. I'm not sure if this is really a four star.
World Traveller
The employees were all really nice and helpful. They were very accommodating and answered our many questions patiently. The reception desk was extremely helpful.
Mike B
"Run-down, not close to many things"
We wanted a boutique-type hotel and this was certainly priced as one. However, it was run-down, small, and not convenient to much of anything. Some staff members were decent, but most were snobby. Would not stay here again.
4 night business trip Oct 16, 2014
"Close to Victoria Coach Station"
We arrived early about 12:00pm, but the front desk clerk was nice to keep our luggage while we went out exploring London. I booked this hotel because it was near the Buckingham Palace, but I was disappointed the room was very small. , and the room hifloor is not leveled. Also, it will be nicer if the breakfast lounge staff is friendlier.
Other trip Oct 19, 2014
Janet
"Good location, but noisy rooms..."
The hotel is well located close to Victoria tube/train station. Quiet and mostly residential neighborhood and good restaurants and markets nearby. You can (we did) walk to many London attractions from the hotel. My complain though has to do with room noise. If you get a not so "nice" guest in a room on top of you and they like to wake up early, you are set for a bad sleep. We got room 5 first and on 15 on top of us, the noise would start at 6am and go for about 1:30hs. Second night we asked to change room because that one was at street level and I also wanted on a higher floor to try to avoid the noise. No such luck... we got room 15 and for 2 nights we had people in the room right above us and the noise would start again at about 7am for an hour. We only had a break on our last night when apparently there was nobody in the room right above us or they had similar sleep habits. Bottom line is that this is more like a B&B type hotel for the quality and age of the building than a traditional hotel in my opinion. After long walks and late dinners, a night of sleep for me and my wife were very important, so we could have the necessary strength to do all over again the following days. It was very disappointing in that regard, so I could recommend that to a friend, but would advise to call the hotel and only book in a top floor.
Other trip Oct 13, 2014
Marcelo
"Gem in London"
Location was wonderful and staff very nice and wonderful. Room was a little small.
2 night romance trip Oct 1, 2014
"Convenience and charm"
Loved the location. We were only in town for one night and needed to be close to Victoria Station and Buckingham Palace. This hotel fit the bill. The charm was a bonus! 8 minute walk to Victoria Station (great since we needed to lug luggage up there for our trip to Burgess Hill via train). The staff was great and accommodating. The morning breakfast was just what we needed to start our day - fresh and delicious. Would recommend.
1 night trip Sep 24, 2014
bcf
"AWFUL"
Dark and dreary rooms; Pillows feel like rocks: Cramped; No amenities; Limited room service options Poor location
1 night business trip Sep 16, 2014
"Clean,comfortable and priced right."
My daughter and I recently spent a few days in London. We were very pleased with the Windermere Hotel. Two comfortable twin beds were provided and so were the usual amenities Such as water, cups, etc., for making coffee and tea in the room, hairdryer, safe, and complimentary soaps and lotions. We especially appreciated the twenty-four hour attendant at the front desk who was never too busy to give helpful suggestions and directions to various destinations. Also I cannot say enough good things about the food provided there. Not only was a free breakfast included in the price of the room, but a full service restaurant was also on site. The food was absolutely delicious! Our compliments to the Chef! The staff did their best to make our stay a positive one. We would definitely stay there again.
Other trip Aug 22, 2014
Jan
"Romantic London"
Our stay at the Windemere could not have been a Breyer place to stay. Victoria Station and Coach station was an 8 minute walk. Big Ben from the Windemere as well as Parliament, & London Eye were within walking distance, perhaps 30-35 min walk. We enjoyed every moment as we would explore lots more along the way. Boutiques and very quaint hotel, quiet with basic amenities, however very clean. Breakfast was available, with a choice of continental or full breakfast to order. The front staff was very courteous and helpful, especially at helping piut together our tour(s). Owner of hotel was more than eager to help and give a bit iof London history. Overall, our stay was wonderful. I highly recommend this hotel, you will not be disappointed.
Other trip Aug 17, 2014
well traveled
"Outstanding experience"
The hotel was clean and we'll maintained. It is in a great location with easy access to transportation and many of the important sites. The staff was truly outstanding. I had inadvertently left my iPad in the room safe. They found my iPad and made arrangements to send it to my home. Nice to deal with friendly, honest people.
1 night trip Jul 21, 2014
"Great people and location, but..."
The entire staff was extremely attentive and accommodating, and the location is great. But my room was simply way too small and cramped, even by Euro standards. Ditto the shower and toilet.There were no drawers to store folded clothing except for the desk. And the bed was too soft. Given the rate, a high mark cannot be accorded.
Other trip Aug 5, 2014
"Excellent hotel five minutes from Victoria Station"
This was a lovely hotel with an excellent staff who were very friendly. They determined our needs before we asked. The rooms were very nice, clean, and the air conditioning was excellent! We enjoy coming to London and we will stay here again.
Other trip Aug 2, 2014
Debbie
"Victorian Redo near Buckingham and theaters"
This hotel like many in the west end area is a remake of a Victorian Row Home. It has been modernized. There are some rooms without baths, so ask for that when scheduling. Being a remodeled older home, the floors did creak when other guests walked by or walked on the floor above us. Expect this in all hotels in the area. There was little street noise as it is not on a busy thoroughfare. The king-sized bed was comfortable with high quality linens. The towels were large and thick. There was plenty of hot water regardless of the time of day. Toiletries were provided as was a blow dryer. The elevator will easily hold two guests with all their luggage. If you are from another country other than the U.K. you will need an adaptor as there are no 110 v U.S. outlets in the rooms. The hotel staff was very friendly and helpful with directions and getting us transportation. The included breakfast was a cooked to order one. The hotel is conveniently located in a nice neighborhood with many other hotels. It is a 5 minute walk to Victoria Station, a 10 minute walk to the theaters and a 15 minute walk to Buckingham Palace. If I were returning to the area, I would stay here again.
1 night romance trip Jul 10, 2014
Charles H
"Great hotel in a quiet area of London."
My mom and I stayed here for 3 nights, and it was just wonderful! The front desk service was amazing. They will suggest restaurants, give directions, book tours, etc for you. Juan was especially nice and helpful. The full English breakfast (that is included in the price) was delicious and enough to keep us satisfied most of the day. The hotel is off the beaten path in a quiet, safe neighborhood. Don't get me wrong though, it's only a 5 minute walk to the closest tube, and we easily walked to Westminster and Buckingham. The rooms are slightly small, but designed in such a way that every inch of space is used, and the rooms include more than most normal hotels! We loved it and would definitely stay here again!
Other trip Jul 8, 2014
Kate
"Wonderful English Hotel"
There were 6 of us staying in 3 different rooms, all very nicely appointed. The breakfast was delicious. Sandwiches were available after our late evening at the theater. The various people at the front desk were extremely kind and helpful, always willing to attend to my every question and need. We ranged in age from 79 to 15 and all of us would definitely come back again.
2 night family trip Jun 29, 2014
Allison
"Great small London hotel."
The Windermere lived up to its rating. Affordable small hotel in nice area of London (between Mayfair and Pimlico).... five minute walk from Victoria tube station.
Other trip Jun 28, 2014
lucinda
Room was very small but adequate, air conditioning didn't work so was a bit hot and had to open the window. Was in great location so was able to walk to many sites and very close to Victoria Station. Staff was nice and helpful.
1 night trip Jun 3, 2014
"The perfect place to stay in London."
Never having been to London before, and having read the myriad reviews of many different lodgings, we wanted someplace clean and comfortable and close to a major hub. We chose Victoria station because it connects with so many places by bus, train or underground. The Windermere is no more than a 5 minute walk away from Victoria. It serves the ultimate English breakfast, included in the price, which kept us full until evening. It also serves dinner from 5:30 to 11:00, and all the food we had there was fresh and delicious! Our room was quite small, but kept very, very clean. The bathroom is newly renovated with high quality fixtures. If desired, the cleaning staff will visit each day to tidy the room and bring towels, etc. The staff is so very helpful and kind and knowledgeable. It is a family run hotel and they take great pains and pride in doing everything they can for their customers. They even had umbrellas we could borrow and many books on London we could read. They will act as concierge to book tours and check on other activities. I highly recommend The Windermere Hotel to anyone who wants high quality lodging while in London.
Other trip Jun 7, 2014
Christine
"Not located on busy street, but close enough."
Nice b & b. Great, helpful staff. Family owned & run.
Other trip May 23, 2014
"Close to victoria station, very safe section of tw"
Wonderful vacation! We got to see all the great old sites, amazing how historic everything is.
Other trip May 21, 2014
diane
The bathroom is too small.
3 night family trip May 15, 2014
"Close to many things"
My husband and I had a great experience. The staff was always friendly and helpful. The rooms were clean and the food was excellent. If we ever visit again, we definitely consider staying here again.
Other trip May 18, 2014
P
"Friendly, clean and well located hotel"
This hotel while in an older building, was so well cared for and very clean. The staff were more than helpful, and genuinely interested in our comfort. The restaurant was very good as well. The location is perfect. We were very pleased with the hotel.
3 night family trip May 12, 2014
Diana
"Wow Very nice."
I work in a large resort hotel. I wanted a nice small and quiet place to stay and the Windermere was exactly what I was looking for. I rarely heard or saw any of the other guests and I was there 6 nights. It is in a residential area on a quiet street.
Other trip May 13, 2014
"Great, quaint hotel"
The staff was great, room was clean, although warm (but they had a fan in the room) and the breakfast was good. Loved being in a neighborhood rather than in the buzz of the inner city.
5 night trip Mar 7, 2014
Watson
"Convenient Central London location"
We arrived nine hours late due to flight cancellations. We sent an email from he airport before leaving the US and got an immediate reply confirming our late arrival and rescheduling our arranged transportation. Normally we would take the tube, it's only one line change from Heathrow and a ten minute walk, but my wife had a walking cast. The entire staff was courteous and attentive. The breakfast was great and after getting a recommendation from another guest, we had dinner there on our last night. The chef was a one man show--waiter, bartender, and chef (there are only a few tables in the small, intimate basement restraunt). The sea bass special was the best meal we had in London. We are recommending the Windemere to all of our friends-hope the secret doesn't get out before our next trip, we want a room to be available.
Other trip Mar 14, 2014
Dare
"Great hotel!!!!"
My husband and I had a lovely stay at the Windermere. Our room was comfortable, quiet and clean. The family owners were terrific - hospitable and helpful. We were particularly touched that when they learned we were gluten free they went out and obtained gluten free bread and biscuits for our breakfast - on boxing day, too! The breakfast was first-rate - both the continental and the traditional English; fueled us up for a busy day of sightseeing in winter. Also, the hotel is an easy walk to the tube and bus station, perfect for zipping around London. If we go back to London, we would stay here again.
6 night trip Dec 26, 2013