All hotels in London, England, United Kingdom
142-144 Warwick WayVictoria, LondonEnglandSW1V 4JEUnited Kingdom, ‏‎800-491-6126

Good internet service
    Clean
    Delicious food
"Great Stay!!!"
First of all, the staff is extraordinary. I can't say enough about how accommodating and helpful they all were. They actually suggest things that cause more work for them. The owners of the hotel are very involved, and are serious about the comfort of their guests. They will help you book anything you're interested in, as well. Our room was beautifully decorated, and very comfortable with a great TV. The breakfasts are wonderful, and food is always available through room service. Location is great. Quiet, but close. Very short walking trip to Victoria Station, and an easy walk to Buckingham Palace and Trafalgar Square. I highly recommend this hotel.
Response by The Windermere Hotel
Hi Don Thank you for taking the time to share your comments. It is a joy to read your comments, but we are even more happy to see that you enjoyed your stay with us. Nothing is ever too much trouble for us, so I am very pleased to see that we helped you make the most of your time in this fabulous city! Thank you for recommending us. We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you again soon.
6 night romance trip Nov 28, 2015
don
"Surprise"
I was given a room on the bottom floor, the room was the size of a Volkswagon bus. The room above me was noisy and you could hear people pace all night long hence I got no sleep. I may have saved a buck but I paid dearly for it. If I wanted to stay at the YMCA I would have done so. What a dump!
Response by The Windermere Hotel
Dear Manuel We are all very sorry to receive your review. It is true that you booked the smallest room category (Classic Single) at a very good rate, but this has no bearing on the room you were allocated. As explained at the time, we were fully booked and it was, unfortunately, not possible to transfer you to a different room or offer you an upgrade to a room that would be more to your liking. I do hope that you enjoyed our excellent amenities and service, including free high-speed Wi-Fi, luxury bathroom amenities and our award-winning complimentary breakfast (continental & freshly prepared, cooked to order, breakfast). I am truly sorry to see that you have left us with negative feelings. I sincerely hope that you will give us another opportunity to give you a more positive experience.
3 night trip with friends Dec 11, 2015
Manuel
Good Hotel very friendly staff reasonably priced for London Good location
Response by The Windermere Hotel
Thank you for your kind comments. We hope to welcome you again.
5 night trip Dec 8, 2015
Nabil
"Stay at the Windermere"
Great location, great staff -- I would absolutely stay there again.
Response by The Windermere Hotel
Thank you Dennis for your glowing report. We hope to welcome you again soon.
4 night trip Nov 26, 2015
Dennis
"Hotel rating from our stay in Nov 2015"
Hotel owners were great, breakfast was very good, good selection of food. The only downfall was they did not provide a small refrigerator for the rooms if you wanted to bring back any kinds of drinks or food back to your room. We would stay here again compared to some other hotels in London. We stayed in a superior room, beds were comfortable and room size was good compared to other hotels we have stayed at in London. I would rate it a 4.5
Response by The Windermere Hotel
Hi Cheryl Thank you so much for your comments. I am very pleased to see that you had an enjoyable stay. In response to your comments about a refrigerator; we took the decision a while ago not to provide refrigerators in our guest rooms, purely for the comfort of our guests. We believe that refrigerators would just clutter the room, and we would hate to have that annoying humming noise in the background. That being said, our Reception is open 24/7. We are very happy to refrigerate any items for our guests. Our 24 hour operation means that you have access to your refrigerated items at any time... just dial 0 for Reception! We hope to welcome you again.
6 night romance trip Nov 16, 2015
Cheryl
It was great the room service was amazing! The hotel staff was very helpful they helped us get around and showed us how to use über.
Response by The Windermere Hotel
Dear vittorio Thank you for your kind comments. We are pleased to see that you enjoyed your stay. We are all very happy to have been of service. We hope to welcome you back soon.
3 night trip with friends Nov 19, 2015
vittorio
"The Hotel You Never Thought You;d Find In London"
London is expensive & I did not want to pay US$700 a night.I also did not want to stay in a cheap hotel, outside the city or in an undesirable neighborhood. The price can't be beat for what you get: close to transportation, walking distance to a number of sights, quiet neighborhood, English breakfast, really good coffee, a comfy bed, free wi-fi throughout hotel and the kindest, nicest, most helpful staff you will ever encounter in a hotel. We stayed in room 34 - Kensington. Ask for it. It is in the back and very quiet. The hotel does have an elevator. The bathrooms are tiny (tub/shower and that tub is probably great for a soak). If you have any physical limitations you should not be using that shower. It is high off the ground with no handicap aids. The bathroom is stocked with nice products and an electric towel warmer. No fridge in room and not a lot of storage for luggage. The negatives are minor and I mention them only because some people are not going to be satisfied with a small bathroom, must have chandeliers everywhere or must be in the heart of all the action. We were able to drop our luggage at 9 AM and head out for a wonderful day of sightseeing. I would stay here again. I would recommend the hotel to friends. I found a gem.
Response by The Windermere Hotel
Hi Kimberly Thank you so much for your positive, and super informative, review! We are all very pleased that you enjoyed your stay, and we certainly hope to welcome you again. What I would add though, is that we have 19 rooms. All of our rooms are individually designed. Some room categories have bathtubs, others have showers only. We do have an elevator, but some rooms still have some stair access due to the nature of our Victorian building. We encourage guests to ask us for rooming advice, and to write notes/requests in the booking form. We cannot guarantee specific rooms, but we always try our very best to fulfil all guest requests. We hope to welcome you back.
7 night romance trip Oct 31, 2015
kimberly
"LOVELY HOTEL!!! HIGHLY RECOMMEND!"
I loved it! Thank you for the wonderful hospitality.
Response by The Windermere Hotel
Thank you for choosing to stay with us! We hope to welcome you again.
8 night business trip Oct 18, 2015
Dabney
Wonderful
Response by The Windermere Hotel
Thank you Sylvana. We hope to welcome you again!
3 night romance trip Sep 15, 2015
Sylvana
"Wonderful staff"
Great authentic English inn. The staff were caring and helpful above and beyond. Food was delicious. The room was on the small side and the bathroom was extremely small and hard to navigate. But other than that, it was a wonderful experience and we would recommend the Windermere without reservations.
Response by The Windermere Hotel
Hi Dee Thank you for your kind review. It is our absolute pleasure to help our guests. I am very pleased to hear that you enjoyed our great food too! We certainly hope to welcome you again.
Other trip Sep 8, 2015
Dee
"Classy hotel"
My sister and I stayed here x 8 nights. Ever thing about this hotel was classy. The beds, linen and pillows were a pleasure to come back to after tiring days of touring. The staff was equally friendly and professional. A bountiful breakfast was included in our stay and included continental coupled with traditional English. Nice huge soft towels and always well stocked bathroom. Just a 5-min (approx) from busy Victoria Station, it sits on a peaceful, quiet street. We would absolutely choose this hotel again.
Other trip Aug 31, 2015
Fara
"Really nice small hotel with great staff"
Even though we arrived after midnight everything was ready for us with a welcome "Anniversary treat" in the room. The Hotel does not have a pool, cocktail lounge, nightclub, spa or fancy exercise room; but they do have some of the friendliest and most helpful staff people you will ever meet. They are never too busy to help with anything you need; from directions, to setting up transportation, to printing out your boarding passes when you are ready to leave. The free FULL breakfast everyday is also a real plus; and, they even set up early one day so we could eat at 5 AM before going on a day trip to Paris. If you want bells and whistles and spas and swimming pools and bright lights. This is probably not the place for you. But if you want comfort, and quiet and people who take an interest in you as an individual, instead of an account number... this is the place.
Other trip Aug 14, 2015
Gary & Kay
"Excellent Hotel"
Our experience at the Windemere was wonderful. The staff, the rooms, the breakfast, etc.... it was excellent. The staff couldn't have been more accommodating if they tried. They were proactive advising us about the underground being on the strike for the day so we could make alternative plans. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone planning on visiting London. The location is excellent.
Other trip Aug 13, 2015
"Cozy Room in a great neighborhood/Best Staff ever"
Greeted by professional & friendly staff and enjoyed all the amenities, great neighborhood. Recommend the Jugged Hare for traditional English fare.
Other trip Aug 13, 2015
Tommy
"Nice Rooms, Near Victoria Station"
This hotel is convenient to many attractions and Victoria Station is just a few blocks away. It is well maintained, is clean, and has a friendly and helpful staff. The building is an older one, but they do a nice job of keeping it up. The room is quite comfortable and the breakfast is fantastic. We also had dinner there in the Brasserie on our first evening there. It was delicious!
Response by The Windermere Hotel
Dear Bernadette Thank you so much. It is wonderful to read your review. I am very pleased to see that you enjoyed your stay with us, and made the most of our fabulous location. London has so much to offer, and we are an excellent base for exploring the city. Our building does indeed date back to the Victorian period (c. 1857). It does require a lot of love and attention in order to maintain it, and we certainly enjoy doing so! I am very glad you were able to enjoy the Windermere Brasserie for both breakfast and dinner. Thank you for choosing to stay with us. We all hope to welcome you again!
Other trip Aug 10, 2015
Bernadette
"Wonderful little "Boutique" Hotel"
We stayed at the Windermere during our visit to London. We were very pleased with the facility and the friendly, helpful staff. The free breakfast is plentiful, with eggs, ham, etc. to order, and wonderful fresh pastries. On our first night, after some trouble with stolen jewelry at the airport (United Airlines, at Newark, if you must know), and a big scare after I misplaced my wallet, we decided to eat dinner in the hotel dining room. We were the only two customers at the time, and the young chef prepared for us a wonderful steak dinner. The only reason I rated "Room Comfort" a 4 is because the rooms are very small. If you have a lot of luggage, it's a bit of a squeeze. Also, the hotel is on a very quiet residential street, and it is a 10-15 minute walk to most restaurants. The location is about five blocks south of Victoria Station. If you don't mind something a little out of the way, try this hotel. You won't be disappointed!
Response by The Windermere Hotel
Dear Tad Thank you for sharing your comments with us. I am so pleased to read your lovely comments, especially about our Windermere Brasserie (breakfast & dinner), our staff and location. It is such a shame that you had all that unwanted travel trouble, but I'm pleased we were able to welcome you with an excellent steak dinner. London rooms are smaller than what our US customers are used to back in the States. Our buildings are generally a bit older. Our own building dates back to 1857, and we've carefully maintained it over the years to accommodate all of our guests. We provide comfortable rooms, with all the modern amenities we love to enjoy. This includes free high-speed Wi-Fi and Air-Conditioning. We offer a range of room types in our collection; varying in size and therefore price. However, all of our room rates are inclusive of a fabulous breakfast, available every morning in the Windermere Brasserie. Thank you so much for choosing to stay with us. I am very pleased you enjoyed your "Windermere Experience" We hope to welcome you again!
Other trip Aug 6, 2015
"Very nice stay in quiet area"
We had a very nice stay at The Windermere. The owners and staff were pleasant and helpful. The Victoria area where it is located is quiet but a bit out of the way and about a 10-15 minute walk from the Victoria tube and rail station. The included breakfast was excellent, especially the freshly baked croissants!
Response by The Windermere Hotel
Thanks Darren. It was lovely to meet you. We hope to welcome you again soon.
6 night romance trip Jul 2, 2015
Darren
"Excellent Location & Helpful, Friendly Staff"
This hotel was 4-5 blocks from Victoria Station underground stop. It was an easy, safe walk back and forth any time of day. Our visit was the end of June and it was exceptionally hot. The hotel had excellent air conditioning, and happily provided ice to our room. The breakfast included in our room rate was very good. Staff was helpful with directions on how to get around the city, places to eat, etc. This was a quiet hotel even though it is located on a street that is a bit busy. Would definitely stay here again!
Response by The Windermere Hotel
Hi Karen Thank you for sharing your comments. I am so pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us. We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you again! Wishing you all the best :)
Other trip Jul 10, 2015
"Clean and Convenient"
We stayed 5 days. Rooms were somewhat small but adequate and nicely decorated. Staff were very helpful. Full breakfast was included. Location was reasonably near Underground and Train station.
Response by The Windermere Hotel
Thank you for your 5 stars.... and your feedback! I am pleased to read that you found your room to be well appointed with luxury bathroom amenities, free high-speed Wi-Fi, laptop sized safe, tea/coffee making facilities, and air-conditioning to name only a few. Each of our rooms are individually decorated, and very carefully designed by Nick, Sylvia and Emily Hambi. We hope to welcome you back soon.
Other trip Jul 6, 2015
Cozy and had terrific breakfast, and nice dinner available ( for a fee).
Response by The Windermere Hotel
Thank you so much for the 5 glowing stars! I'm so pleased your particularly enjoyed the Windermere Brasserie. We hope to welcome you again soon! Best wishes Emily
Other trip Jul 3, 2015
"Lovely small hotel"
We stayed at the Windermere for five days in June and feel fortunate to have found this small gem in the metropolis of London. We had the Buckingham room which was on the ground floor and very quiet. King-sized bed was the most comfortable we have ever had away from home! If we wished, we could have coffee, tea, or hot chocolate made in the room, but the English breakfast was fantastic and was included with our room price. Great wi-fi, and, if one wished, dinner could be cooked to order by their fantastic chef, Jacob. Luckily, we got to dine in for one night and his sauces were superb! Would love to return some day.
Response by The Windermere Hotel
Dear Kristen Thank you for your comment. It was our pleasure welcoming you to The Windermere. Thank you for choosing to stay with us. We are very pleased that you enjoyed your stay, and we hope to welcome you again soon!
Other trip Jul 3, 2015
Kristen
"Great hotel walk everywhere"
I loved this place! this was a comfortable nice place, and we walked everywhere from the hotel, hotel staff are awesome! and the breakfast was really good also! I highly recommend it.
Response by The Windermere Hotel
Thank you so much for your comments... and recommendations! We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you again. :)
Other trip Jun 16, 2015
"Very comfortable hotel, conveniently located."
We were very pleased with the hotel. There were several eating establishments nearby, as well as a little convenience store. It was located a short distance from Victoria Station, in a quite neighborhood. The room was clean and very comfortable: the staff was friendly and helpful and the breakfasts were great! I will stay there again!
Other trip May 29, 2015
"Windermere."
Overall experience was pretty good. The rooms are small but well kept.
Other trip May 12, 2015
"Boutique"
Very nice boutique hotel. Great breakfast. Location is perfect
Other trip Apr 24, 2015
"Aging poorly"
This was my wife and my second time staying at the Windermere. 4 years ago, we thought this place was wonderful. However, they haven't aged well. We checked in and found the staff to be marginal. They seemed to not understand our questions very well and didn't give us much in the way of help when it was needed. We got in late and ate from the Brasserie downstairs and the chef didn't seem like he was all there. The food was fine, but nothing to write home about. The room seems extra dated and wasn't particularly well set up. There was no place for us to set our luggage. The bed wasn't particularly comfortable. The bathroom was average at best. Breakfast here was another let down, with the staff failing to be present the majority of the time and messing up orders and not caring when it happened. Asking for eggs over easy, which I was told was an option, seemed like I was asking for them to solve world hunger and wasn't done right any of the days we were there. The location wasn't particularly great either. It is near the Victoria train station but that is about all it has going for it. Overall, I'd recommend you keep looking for a better hotel in London. Unless something dramatic changes, we won't be staying here again.
Response by The Windermere Hotel
Dear Brandon Thank you for your review. I am extremely sorry and saddened to read that your return visit to us, after 4 years was not to your satisfaction. You booked a Superior room with us for 3 nights, and we were able to upgrade you for free to a Deluxe room on arrival. This is one of our most spacious rooms with a seating area, great wardrobe/storage space and luggage space. If you felt the need for an additional luggage rack, you could have requested one. Likewise, we always offer our guests the option of storing their suitcases if they feel this would make their stay more comfortable. It is a shame that you did not make use of this. Your description of your experience at breakfast and dinner is unusual, but I assure you that your comments have been taken very seriously in the hope that we never receive such a negative comment again. We always urge that any complaints be made during the stay, so that we may be allowed the opportunity to rectify any errors or grievances during your stay. I hope that you will reconsider, and that you will provide us with the opportunity of welcoming you again on another occasion. Kindest regards Emily
3 night romance trip Mar 15, 2015
Brandon
"Very comfortable hotel with wonderful staff."
Great location, very friendly and helpful staff (especially Beatrix) with good breakfast and easy walk to transport hub. We were upgraded and our room was large, very comfortable and maintained to a very high standard. Only criticism is there is no 'fridge in the room, but, there was no effort spared in supplying us with ice whenever we wanted. The real rating should be closer to excellent than pleasing, thank you to the staff, made our stay very enjoyable. Tony and Jan, Perth Western Australia.
Other trip Apr 15, 2015
Tony and Jan
Very friendly staff. Well situated for Buckingham Palace and Big Ben etc. Rooms were nicely appointed and clean
Response by The Windermere Hotel
Hi Beth Thank you so much for sharing your comments of your recent stay. I am very pleased that you enjoyed your stay. We hope to welcome you again soon!
2 night trip with friends Apr 6, 2015
Beth
Near Victoria Station and within walking distance to Buckingham Palace, as well as Parliament area. Small and very clean. Full or continental breakfast was very nice. Friendly and helpful staff.
Other trip Apr 9, 2015
"Great location, outstanding staff, nice room."
Found this hotel by searching on Expedia and then cross-referenced to Trip Advisor. I was hoping all the reviews were right. Although the hotel is small, the location is excellent. The staff was so friendly and helpful. We really did feel like it was our home away from home. I was traveling with a friend and wanted something that was close to London sights and the train station for our daily excursions to other places. It was only a short walk to the train and coach stations. The neighborhood is quiet and the hotel was clean and furnished very nicely. The stay included a full breakfast each morning. It was perfect. The front desk staff, especially Juan, were excellent. They made recommendations about tours, arranged cabs, and handled everything that a hotel concierge would. We also dined in the hotel for several of our evening meals and found the food excellent. They have a chef who gets local produce and fresh ingredients to create a delicious and very reasonable meal.
Other trip Mar 29, 2015
Debbie
Great time. Hotel is very nice and staff is exceptional
Other trip Mar 25, 2015
"Clean, attractive, close to transport, great staff"
friendly staff at all times. Helpful re getting around London. Best small hotel on a street of many hotels….most definitely the cleanest and most upscale. Breakfast genuinely good.
Other trip Mar 23, 2015
Helen
"Great hotel close to transportation"
This was a great week! The hotel was small but clean and the staff was wonderful! They gave me great directions for all the places we wanted to visit. They made sure it was a safe route for the best price. This was a trip for me and my son and we felt very safe in the hotel and surrounding area. I will definitely stay here again!
Other trip Mar 14, 2015
"Wonderful hotel in Victoria"
Surpassed our expectations. Quiet clean roomy accomodation, friendly and extremely helpful staff, anticipating our needs, and a great breakfast. All in all, a very good experience.
Other trip Feb 23, 2015
Bill and Dianne
I stayed at the Windermere for a week while exploring London. The hotel was centrally located near Victoria Station and easy walking distance to Parliament. The room was comfortable and clean with a little taste of the age of the building. Staff were wonderful, helpful and friendly. Great place to stay.
Other trip Jan 31, 2015
Per
nice, clean, uncomplicated
Other trip Jan 15, 2015
"Very nice hotel with a boutique feel!!"
Convenient location! Excellent customer service, the employees were very friendly and helpful, loved the breakfast and the warm welcome the owners gave my daughter and I when we arrived. Cute boutique in the city feel!!! Would definitely recommend it to all my family and friends.
Other trip Jan 14, 2015
Marisol
A NICE hotel in a quiet neighborhood within a five minute walk to Victoria Station. Expect quaint not luxury. Room was small but comfortable. The staff very accommodating and friendly.
Other trip Jan 4, 2015
Ed
"Perfect for visiting London"
The Windermere was a very quaint bed and breakfast in a very accessible part of London. Only a 5 minute walk to Victoria tube station or a hop on hop off bus. The staff are very helpful and accomadiating and nothing seemed to big of a deal. You get a full English breakfast every morning which is a great way to start the day. The rooms are small but no more than you would expect for London, the en-suite was modern and clean, room service does a great job. My only gripe (small) is the corridor is very thin and there are a lot of stairs although there is a lift (elevator) you have to go down and then up stairs to get to your room and with big suitcases this is very difficult. A great location to stay and would definitely stay there again 4.8 out of 5 from us.
Response by The Windermere Hotel
Hi Shaun Thank you so much for sharing your comments. I am very pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us. Our classical Victorian building dates back to 1857. It is not a purpose built hotel, and we feel that is a part of our charm and character. It was a massive challenge to install an elevator into The Windermere, but we finally succeeded with it in 2012. The elevator does provide access to all floors, but given the architecture of our building, some rooms require access via a few steps. We are however always on hand to assist with luggage, so you should not have had to navigate your way through The Windermere with your big suitcases all on your own. For any guests concerned about stairs, we kindly ask that you make a note of this at the time of booking. We are unable to guarantee specific rooms types, but we always try our very best to accommodate accordingly. Thank you so much for awarding us 4.8/5! We look forward to welcoming you again.
4 night family trip Dec 29, 2014
Shaun
"Nice hotel, close to almost everything"
We had a wonderful time staying here while in London. Walking distance to many things. Extremely close to Victoria station. Room was very clean and the bed was comfortable. The employees were really nice! We would definitely stay here again.
Other trip Jan 2, 2015
Rebecca
"Convenient & Nice Place to Stay"
Three blocks or so from Victoria Station, the Windermere Hotel is a fine location with easy access to the public transit of London. The stairs are a bit steep, and the shower is a little unconventional, but a great time was had by all.
Other trip Dec 23, 2014
Ray
"Overall okay"
The hotel is located in a quite neighborhood - some 10 minutes away from the Victoria Train Station / Coach Station. The hotel staff was very kind and helpful with providing direction etc, and we loved the complimentary breakfast, which was hearty and generous. However, the hotel is a bit dated, and the building was not very well insulated. We could pretty much hear all the noises from our neighboring rooms as well as from the one upstairs, which kept us having awaken several times at night. I didn't think there was anything the hotel could have done, as the receptionist told us that we got the best room from the room category that applied to us. As London has so many rooms on offer, I don't think we would return to this hotel or recommend it to our friends.
Other trip Dec 18, 2014
Diana
"Excellent hotel near great Chelsea FC pub."
My wife and I celebrated our 1 year anniversary in London over Thanksgiving week. We chose the hotel for its price, proximity to the subway, and it's great reviews on all websites. We stayed on the 3rd floor in an upgraded deluxe room. The room had a large bed, 47 inch flat screen TV and a great bathroom with a deep tub. The rooms are WARM. We kept both windows open in late November, in London, all night because for our taste, it was too warm. There is no climate control for guest use, but the windows worked well. The front desk attendants were great. There is always one on duty who buzz you in and out of the small lobby. They provide you with luggage assistance, umbrellas, recommendations for dinner, and all sorts of useful brochures. Breakfast is awesome. Eggs, toast, sausage, bacon, potatoes, coffee, fruit, and cereal. The breakfast was so filling we often skipped lunch, which saved a few dollars a day. My one piece of advice, explore this neighborhood. There are so many great pubs and restaurants 10 minutes away. Get to know the bartenders at our favorite pub, The Greyhound. This pub is literally around the corner and they and their patrons are passionate Chelsea supporters. London is great and The Windermere is the perfect base for a very fun trip.
Other trip Nov 29, 2014
Honeymooners
Comfortable, convenient and good price. The staff was very nice. I'm not sure if this is really a four star.
World Traveller
The employees were all really nice and helpful. They were very accommodating and answered our many questions patiently. The reception desk was extremely helpful.
Mike B
"Run-down, not close to many things"
We wanted a boutique-type hotel and this was certainly priced as one. However, it was run-down, small, and not convenient to much of anything. Some staff members were decent, but most were snobby. Would not stay here again.
4 night business trip Oct 16, 2014
"Close to Victoria Coach Station"
We arrived early about 12:00pm, but the front desk clerk was nice to keep our luggage while we went out exploring London. I booked this hotel because it was near the Buckingham Palace, but I was disappointed the room was very small. , and the room hifloor is not leveled. Also, it will be nicer if the breakfast lounge staff is friendlier.
Other trip Oct 19, 2014
Janet
"Good location, but noisy rooms..."
The hotel is well located close to Victoria tube/train station. Quiet and mostly residential neighborhood and good restaurants and markets nearby. You can (we did) walk to many London attractions from the hotel. My complain though has to do with room noise. If you get a not so "nice" guest in a room on top of you and they like to wake up early, you are set for a bad sleep. We got room 5 first and on 15 on top of us, the noise would start at 6am and go for about 1:30hs. Second night we asked to change room because that one was at street level and I also wanted on a higher floor to try to avoid the noise. No such luck... we got room 15 and for 2 nights we had people in the room right above us and the noise would start again at about 7am for an hour. We only had a break on our last night when apparently there was nobody in the room right above us or they had similar sleep habits. Bottom line is that this is more like a B&B type hotel for the quality and age of the building than a traditional hotel in my opinion. After long walks and late dinners, a night of sleep for me and my wife were very important, so we could have the necessary strength to do all over again the following days. It was very disappointing in that regard, so I could recommend that to a friend, but would advise to call the hotel and only book in a top floor.
Other trip Oct 13, 2014
Marcelo
"Gem in London"
Location was wonderful and staff very nice and wonderful. Room was a little small.
2 night romance trip Oct 1, 2014
"Convenience and charm"
Loved the location. We were only in town for one night and needed to be close to Victoria Station and Buckingham Palace. This hotel fit the bill. The charm was a bonus! 8 minute walk to Victoria Station (great since we needed to lug luggage up there for our trip to Burgess Hill via train). The staff was great and accommodating. The morning breakfast was just what we needed to start our day - fresh and delicious. Would recommend.
1 night trip Sep 24, 2014