All hotels in London, England, United Kingdom
142-144 Warwick Way, Victoria, London, England, SW1V 4JE, United Kingdom, ‏‎800-491-6126

Good internet service
    Clean
    Delicious food
"AWFUL"
Dark and dreary rooms; Pillows feel like rocks: Cramped; No amenities; Limited room service options Poor location
1 night business trip Sep 16, 2014
"Clean,comfortable and priced right."
My daughter and I recently spent a few days in London. We were very pleased with the Windermere Hotel. Two comfortable twin beds were provided and so were the usual amenities Such as water, cups, etc., for making coffee and tea in the room, hairdryer, safe, and complimentary soaps and lotions. We especially appreciated the twenty-four hour attendant at the front desk who was never too busy to give helpful suggestions and directions to various destinations. Also I cannot say enough good things about the food provided there. Not only was a free breakfast included in the price of the room, but a full service restaurant was also on site. The food was absolutely delicious! Our compliments to the Chef! The staff did their best to make our stay a positive one. We would definitely stay there again.
Other trip Aug 22, 2014
Jan
"Romantic London"
Our stay at the Windemere could not have been a Breyer place to stay. Victoria Station and Coach station was an 8 minute walk. Big Ben from the Windemere as well as Parliament, & London Eye were within walking distance, perhaps 30-35 min walk. We enjoyed every moment as we would explore lots more along the way. Boutiques and very quaint hotel, quiet with basic amenities, however very clean. Breakfast was available, with a choice of continental or full breakfast to order. The front staff was very courteous and helpful, especially at helping piut together our tour(s). Owner of hotel was more than eager to help and give a bit iof London history. Overall, our stay was wonderful. I highly recommend this hotel, you will not be disappointed.
Other trip Aug 17, 2014
well traveled
"Outstanding experience"
The hotel was clean and we'll maintained. It is in a great location with easy access to transportation and many of the important sites. The staff was truly outstanding. I had inadvertently left my iPad in the room safe. They found my iPad and made arrangements to send it to my home. Nice to deal with friendly, honest people.
1 night trip Jul 21, 2014
"Great people and location, but..."
The entire staff was extremely attentive and accommodating, and the location is great. But my room was simply way too small and cramped, even by Euro standards. Ditto the shower and toilet.There were no drawers to store folded clothing except for the desk. And the bed was too soft. Given the rate, a high mark cannot be accorded.
Other trip Aug 5, 2014
"Excellent hotel five minutes from Victoria Station"
This was a lovely hotel with an excellent staff who were very friendly. They determined our needs before we asked. The rooms were very nice, clean, and the air conditioning was excellent! We enjoy coming to London and we will stay here again.
Other trip Aug 2, 2014
Debbie
"Victorian Redo near Buckingham and theaters"
This hotel like many in the west end area is a remake of a Victorian Row Home. It has been modernized. There are some rooms without baths, so ask for that when scheduling. Being a remodeled older home, the floors did creak when other guests walked by or walked on the floor above us. Expect this in all hotels in the area. There was little street noise as it is not on a busy thoroughfare. The king-sized bed was comfortable with high quality linens. The towels were large and thick. There was plenty of hot water regardless of the time of day. Toiletries were provided as was a blow dryer. The elevator will easily hold two guests with all their luggage. If you are from another country other than the U.K. you will need an adaptor as there are no 110 v U.S. outlets in the rooms. The hotel staff was very friendly and helpful with directions and getting us transportation. The included breakfast was a cooked to order one. The hotel is conveniently located in a nice neighborhood with many other hotels. It is a 5 minute walk to Victoria Station, a 10 minute walk to the theaters and a 15 minute walk to Buckingham Palace. If I were returning to the area, I would stay here again.
1 night romance trip Jul 10, 2014
Charles H
"Great hotel in a quiet area of London."
My mom and I stayed here for 3 nights, and it was just wonderful! The front desk service was amazing. They will suggest restaurants, give directions, book tours, etc for you. Juan was especially nice and helpful. The full English breakfast (that is included in the price) was delicious and enough to keep us satisfied most of the day. The hotel is off the beaten path in a quiet, safe neighborhood. Don't get me wrong though, it's only a 5 minute walk to the closest tube, and we easily walked to Westminster and Buckingham. The rooms are slightly small, but designed in such a way that every inch of space is used, and the rooms include more than most normal hotels! We loved it and would definitely stay here again!
Other trip Jul 8, 2014
Kate
"Wonderful English Hotel"
There were 6 of us staying in 3 different rooms, all very nicely appointed. The breakfast was delicious. Sandwiches were available after our late evening at the theater. The various people at the front desk were extremely kind and helpful, always willing to attend to my every question and need. We ranged in age from 79 to 15 and all of us would definitely come back again.
2 night family trip Jun 29, 2014
Allison
"Great small London hotel."
The Windermere lived up to its rating. Affordable small hotel in nice area of London (between Mayfair and Pimlico).... five minute walk from Victoria tube station.
Other trip Jun 28, 2014
lucinda
Room was very small but adequate, air conditioning didn't work so was a bit hot and had to open the window. Was in great location so was able to walk to many sites and very close to Victoria Station. Staff was nice and helpful.
1 night trip Jun 3, 2014
"The perfect place to stay in London."
Never having been to London before, and having read the myriad reviews of many different lodgings, we wanted someplace clean and comfortable and close to a major hub. We chose Victoria station because it connects with so many places by bus, train or underground. The Windermere is no more than a 5 minute walk away from Victoria. It serves the ultimate English breakfast, included in the price, which kept us full until evening. It also serves dinner from 5:30 to 11:00, and all the food we had there was fresh and delicious! Our room was quite small, but kept very, very clean. The bathroom is newly renovated with high quality fixtures. If desired, the cleaning staff will visit each day to tidy the room and bring towels, etc. The staff is so very helpful and kind and knowledgeable. It is a family run hotel and they take great pains and pride in doing everything they can for their customers. They even had umbrellas we could borrow and many books on London we could read. They will act as concierge to book tours and check on other activities. I highly recommend The Windermere Hotel to anyone who wants high quality lodging while in London.
Other trip Jun 7, 2014
Christine
"Not located on busy street, but close enough."
Nice b & b. Great, helpful staff. Family owned & run.
Other trip May 23, 2014
"Close to victoria station, very safe section of tw"
Wonderful vacation! We got to see all the great old sites, amazing how historic everything is.
Other trip May 21, 2014
diane
The bathroom is too small.
3 night family trip May 15, 2014
"Close to many things"
My husband and I had a great experience. The staff was always friendly and helpful. The rooms were clean and the food was excellent. If we ever visit again, we definitely consider staying here again.
Other trip May 18, 2014
P
"Friendly, clean and well located hotel"
This hotel while in an older building, was so well cared for and very clean. The staff were more than helpful, and genuinely interested in our comfort. The restaurant was very good as well. The location is perfect. We were very pleased with the hotel.
3 night family trip May 12, 2014
Diana
"Wow Very nice."
I work in a large resort hotel. I wanted a nice small and quiet place to stay and the Windermere was exactly what I was looking for. I rarely heard or saw any of the other guests and I was there 6 nights. It is in a residential area on a quiet street.
Other trip May 13, 2014
"Great, quaint hotel"
The staff was great, room was clean, although warm (but they had a fan in the room) and the breakfast was good. Loved being in a neighborhood rather than in the buzz of the inner city.
5 night trip Mar 7, 2014
Watson
"Convenient Central London location"
We arrived nine hours late due to flight cancellations. We sent an email from he airport before leaving the US and got an immediate reply confirming our late arrival and rescheduling our arranged transportation. Normally we would take the tube, it's only one line change from Heathrow and a ten minute walk, but my wife had a walking cast. The entire staff was courteous and attentive. The breakfast was great and after getting a recommendation from another guest, we had dinner there on our last night. The chef was a one man show--waiter, bartender, and chef (there are only a few tables in the small, intimate basement restraunt). The sea bass special was the best meal we had in London. We are recommending the Windemere to all of our friends-hope the secret doesn't get out before our next trip, we want a room to be available.
Other trip Mar 14, 2014
Dare
"Great hotel!!!!"
My husband and I had a lovely stay at the Windermere. Our room was comfortable, quiet and clean. The family owners were terrific - hospitable and helpful. We were particularly touched that when they learned we were gluten free they went out and obtained gluten free bread and biscuits for our breakfast - on boxing day, too! The breakfast was first-rate - both the continental and the traditional English; fueled us up for a busy day of sightseeing in winter. Also, the hotel is an easy walk to the tube and bus station, perfect for zipping around London. If we go back to London, we would stay here again.
6 night trip Dec 26, 2013
DLC
"Lovely hotel in a very convenient location."
The owners of the Windermere, Nick and Sylvia, are the best. They went out of their way to be helpful and accommodating and to make our stay so pleasant. The hotel rooms are very clean and the included breakfast is very good. We highly recommend the Windermere.
Other trip Jan 3, 2014
Mary Ellen
"Great Location, very friendly staff"
What a wonderful stay in London at the Windermere. The hotel is kept in incredible condition, completely remodeled and each room is so charming. But what really sets it apart is the staff who are ready with a smile to help with restaurant recommendations, sightseeing, theater tickets, information on navigating the tube and anything you could possibly need to make your stay more comfortable. The breakfast that was provided included a full continental breakfast with eggs so I had no need for lunch. Finally, the location, walking distance to Buckingham Palace and the Victoria Tube station made it easy to get anywhere I wanted during my stay.
Other trip Dec 10, 2013
Michele
"You will not be disappointed!"
It was everything we were expecting in a classic British B&B. We will gladly recommend it to others, and plan to stay there on our next visit to the UK. Great neighborhood, convenient to most attractions in London.
3 night trip Nov 14, 2013
Rich & Chris
"Great location-easy walk to Victoria Station."
Good value and good location. Small but clean room. Good breakfast and helpful staff.
Other trip Nov 10, 2013
Louise
"Great location, enthusiastic staff, free wifi"
So close to Victoria Station, the Coach Station and the Underground, yet on a quiet low-key street. This four story boutique hotel excelled in service and comfort. Breakfast and wifi are included in the cost. Breakfast was a combo of continental and "cooked to order" with a nice selection of options. Room service was available. The owners are on-site and can respond to your needs. For instance, it was unusually cold in London during our stay. The management turned on the heat for the whole hotel because of our comments about our room being cold. Loved having free wifi in the room. It was not limited to one device. Speed was very reasonable. Finally, front desk staff reacted to requests like they were your personal assistant. We will go back!
Other trip Oct 25, 2013
Elaine
"Excellent London Hotel"
The Windermere was wonderful!!!! Clean, beautifully decorated, and friendly staff, exactly how you expect a London hotel to be. It's in a beautiful part of London, nice to walk around the quiet streets. Dinner in the hotel was fabulous, chef was amazing. If you are looking for a classic English hotel, I would highly recommend this hotel. I'm definitely going back and staying here.
Other trip Oct 19, 2013
Staff were friendly and helpful. I was with my family in their 70's and 60's, but the hotel was a bit far from Victoria station for them to walk. The triple room we stayed was on lower ground floor. The room was clean but there were noises from rooms upstairs.
Other trip Oct 6, 2013
"Very nice"
The hotel owner helped with my luggage which was very kind of him. Loved the location and breakfast.
2 night trip Sep 27, 2013
Ana
"Nice, small European hotel."
We enjoyed our stay at the Wndermere! The rooms are quite small, but bigger and more modern than some I've stayed in before. The bedding is high quality and the bathroom is modern and large. A wonderful breakfast is included. The staff is very friendly and helpful. The location is excellent ....two blocks from Victoria Station which is a major train depot, and a 20 minute walk to Buckingam Palace.
Other trip Sep 26, 2013
Roxanne
"Great family run operation-would stay again."
You can tell that the management had high expectations for the staff to take care of the customer. Same owners for over 25 years, and from the top down they instill in their staff a customer satisfaction mentality. Always smiling, always friendly, and yet reserved and not candy-gushing friendly.
Other trip Sep 19, 2013
Jack
"Convenient access to London Sights"
The hotel is a charming B&B that is conveniently located close to Victoria Station and London sights. Our room was quaint overlooking Warwick Way which was not too busy. The room did not have air conditioning and we were there during a heatwave in September but the fan in the room was adequate to be comfortable. The breakfast was included and was traditional cooked English or Continental was lovely and we had dinner which was also lovely though a bit pricey. We had room service after seeing "Billy Elliot" and it was delicious. The hotel's owners met us on arrival and gave us tips for sight seeing and travelling. We had a wonderful stay and would most certainly stay there again.
4 night trip Sep 2, 2013
"London Trip"
I was very pleased with the stay at the Windemere, As stated, it was accessable to public transportation and a easy walk to shops and restaurants. The breakfast in the dinning room was excellent and very well prepared, the portions more than enough.
Other trip Sep 5, 2013
"Nive quiet nieighborhood hotel"
Great hotel located in upscale quite London residential neighborhood. The rooms were clean (a bit small - but to be expected in Europe). Staff was friendly and very helpfull. We would defintely stay here again.
1 night family trip Aug 18, 2013
"Not a four star Hotel"
Staff was supreme but third floor was sloped and bath was very cramped
Other trip Aug 29, 2013
The Windermere was a great intimate hotel. Very clean. Only downfall was no airconditioning, but I believe this is the normal custom in the area. Food and service was outstanding.
2 night romance trip Aug 22, 2013
"Great Boutique London Hotel"
The Windermere is less than a mile - walking - from Victoria station. My daughter (18) and I stayed there for 5 nights in August, 2013. We like the smaller, boutique hotels and this is one of the best we have enjoyed. The staff was terrific - and Juan in particular. He was helpful on all fronts - directions, suggestions, etc. Our room was a queen/king with en suite and was a nice size, very clean and a great fan to help regulate the temperature at night. The full breakfast was a treat and the quality was excellent. It was also safe for my daughter and I to walk back to at night. London can be a very pricey place to stay, so this moderately priced hotel with lots of little amenities was just right for us.
5 night family trip Aug 4, 2013
CN
"Lovely hotel close to Victoria Station"
Very nice hotel. Very pleasant and helpful staff. Small rooms but very clean and comfortable. Included breakfast is a plus. Dinner was very good (extra). No A/C but knew this and they do provide a fan so it was OK even thought it was very warm weather when we were there. There is A/C in the common areas. Was very pleased.
Other trip Jul 22, 2013
"Nice place to stay"
My stay was very nice and close to everything I needed to do.
Other trip Jul 22, 2013
"Great hotel, Great Location"
We had a great stay! I loved the location between the Sloan Square and Victoria tube stations, the rooms were clean and comfortable and nicely updated, and there were no hidden extra charges. I loved the size of the hotel; large enough to have night staff, but small enough to feel friendly.
Other trip Jul 14, 2013
Jill
"Very Nice"
We stayed one night at the Windmere Hotel before our flight out of London. Although we weren't there very long, we were satisfied with our stay and would stay again. The hotel itself is in an interesting building and has a lot of character. That being said, rooms were modern, clean, and comfortable. There are a lot of stairs, which could be a problem for travelers who have problems walking. The surrounding neighborhood is nice, with a lot of other hotels, pubs, and restaurants nearby. The included breakfast was excellent, and I would highly recommend it, even if you did have to pay. The staff were friendly and helpful and made our return journey to Heathrow painless.
1 night trip Jul 10, 2013
"Wonderfully quiet and very close to all sights"
The hotel is in a beautiful quiet street and we were pleasantly surprised as it is only a few minute walk from a busy Victoria station. It's very clean and cozy. Almost all must-see sights are within a walking distance. We really enjoyed our stay. Recommend it to others.
1 night trip with friends Jul 4, 2013
"First-class hotel"
My husband and I thoroughly enjoyed our stay at the Windermere Hotel. We look forward to coming back!
1 night trip Jul 4, 2013
"Very convenient"
I love small hotels and this is small but very comfortable and very friendly. Nothing was a problem to the staff. The location is excellent if you're catching the Gatwick Express to the airport.
Other trip Jul 7, 2013
Siúin
"NOT A 4 STARST HOTEL"
This hotel is not a 4 starts, first does not have air condition, the room were of course small, but since they don't have Air condition and do not open the windows the smell is not very good. Is close to the train station like 3 o 4 block but there is not really close many option to eat.. I would stay here again. besides we were first 2 nights at the luxury room and then after the cruise another in a stand room, and the rooms were the same just the only different was the floor one in the first floor and the other in the second floor. They only have one computer for the business center which was just a mini small open room.
1 night trip Jul 2, 2013
Maria
"Close to Kings Cross/St. Pancreas"
I checked in early and my room was ready with a smile. This is a perfect location if you need to get to or from the tube or international train station- a two minute walk and I felt safe as a single woman. It's a less pricey hotel and so you get what you pay for- it would be great for the budget traveller. The only drawback: there were some blood stains on the sheets.
1 night trip Jun 26, 2013
Christina
"Great place to stay in London"
We really liked our choice of the Windemere. Great location and staff were fantastic.
Other trip Jul 4, 2013
"GREAT find & Awesome start to our trip"
The hotel staff is AMAZING. Very accommodating and patient, as were traveling with a two year old. If we ever find ourselves in London again, there is NO doubt where we will be staying!
1 night trip Jun 25, 2013
"Top Notch Service!"
The entire staff was excellent! Assistance was available 24x7, the room was kept clean and stocked all the time and the food was excellent. It was a very good location for us and we were thrilled with our stay. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend The Windermere Hotel to friends and family.
Other trip Jul 1, 2013
"Nice hotel in quiet but convient location"
The Windermere is a short walk from Victoria Station (Underground, train and bus stations), Sloane Square and Chelsea. The neighborhood is a residential area -- very safe to walk around at anytime. We had a corner room, with windows on both sides overlooking the street, providing nice cross ventilation. By English standards the room was spacious. I recommend requesting one of the corner rooms. The included breakfast was ample with made-to-order eggs and breakfast meats as options. Dry cereal and croissants are also available. The staff is very friendly and helpful. They made restaurant reservations and booked the airport shuttle for us. One tip: instead of using a taxi or the Underground, take the shuttle to Heathrow. The shuttle provides door-to-door service, is comfortable and only costs 28 pounds for a couple. Another tip: if your stay will be several days buy an Oyster Card for the Underground and bus service. There is a refundable 5 pound deposit and the card provides for a 50% discount for each trip (2 pounds rather 4). The Oyster Cards can be purchased at any Underground station.
Other trip Jun 16, 2013