All hotels in Round Rock, Texas, United States of America
521 South I35, Round Rock, TX, 78664, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Horrible"
Hotel charged me $150 bc they found a lighter in my room and claimed it was a non smoking room and that someone had been smoking. My room alone for one night was $113. You do the math...
1 night business trip May 16, 2015
"Kudos to the staff!"
The staff was great. The facilities were ok. We had never stayed at a Candlewood Suites before, so we didn't realize (although the word 'suites' should have made it obvious) that this is more of a short-term place for workers. In spite of all the smokers, we didn't notice any smoke smells in our non-smoking room, which, unfortunately, is unusual.
2 night romance trip Apr 17, 2015
"But"
Despite that the hotel is way to close to the exit ramp from IH35. You would have to get off on the exit about 3-5 miles away. But if you wanted to head to Austin. It was perfect. The room was wonderful and the service could have been a little better but I was overall satisfied.
1 night romance trip Feb 14, 2015
"comfy hotel if visiting friends in round rock"
slept great. bed comfy. room clean. though no maid service and i stayed for 2 nights. Check in was poor - they gave me wrong keys, then keys to a room someone else was in. 3rd time got it right. I have friends who live down the street so I would definitely stay here again next time i'm in town.
2 night trip with friends Dec 31, 2014
"Great spot for a weekend trip just outside of Aust"
We were going to a UT football game but it was too expensive to stay in the city. This was the perfect distance and easy to get to. Close to 'downtown' Round Rock with really great bars. The hotel was nice, no issues at all. It was close to train tracks so we did hear the occasional train come through but it really wasn't a big deal.
2 night trip with friends Nov 7, 2014
Kimberly
"Clean & Friendly"
Room was clean. Full size refrigerator with kitchen setting for 2 provided. Great if your looking to save money eating in. 2 burner stove, microwave with pots/pans provided. Located right off the hwy, easy access. No complimentary breakfast provided so make sure you bring something if you like to eat right away. Located 1/2 block from 2nd largest "bat bridge" in the area. Definitely recommend this hotel. We will stay here again when in town.
2 night business trip Aug 22, 2014
"Worst suite ever"
What can I say but the truth. There were dead bugs outside room doorway, live ants on bedside table, mattress old and springy, carpets heavily stained, outside of refrigerator dirty, the walls/ceilings were so thin could hear footsteps all night long and surrounding televisions. Ending on a positive note, the front desk hospitality was very nice, professional, and friendly.
2 night business trip Aug 20, 2014
"Comfy hotel in the middle of Roundrock"
We had a great stay! It was a comfy room, queen bed; a/c unit kept the temp just right, and wasn't too noisy. The windows also open for greater ventilation. The three or four trains in the night bothered my husband but earplugs solved that the second night. They were a comforting familiar sound to me. We loved the teapot for hot tea since we don't usually drink coffee, and the mini-fridge kept our supper leftovers safely. We had plenty of room for our luggage and daypacks, both on the table, and chairs, and closet. Thanks for a great experience!
Other trip Apr 21, 2014
Lynne
"Friendly staff and clean rooms"
We enjoyed our stay especially the free DVDs that were available to borrow in the lobby. Hotel staff was very friendly and very accommodating. Overall I would stay again.
Other trip Apr 21, 2014
Nia
"Pretty Good"
We were in the area to check out the Round Rock/Austin area. I would say it is convenient to get here if you know the highway system. We were not familiar with this and it was a little bit of a challenge to get there the first time. Our room had a very distinct food smell. This is somewhat to be expected since you have a kitchen. I did buy a room freshener spray at the CVS to help. Overall, great stay. Very close to the interstate but got very little road noise. There is a train track very close but we didn't notice the noise at night.
2 night trip Apr 4, 2014
Krysti Z
"close to access I35"
Was very please with good service hotel was accomdating to all reqests glad Istayed there
7 night trip Mar 15, 2014
pat
Very nice hotel and very helpful staff.
1 night trip Mar 1, 2014
"I would go back."
I found the Candlewood in Round Rock, TX to be just right for what they are there to be. The staff at the front desk were great, responsive, alert, friendly, and very helpful. I added an additional night, and instead of telling me to do it through hotel.com, they just fixed it for me. I am sure another person would have been less customer service oriented. Some of the other guest were a little less caring of other guest. I have no idea why people think it is okay to scream down halls, or to let their children play in the hall ways. The only thing that was odd for me to get accustomed to, was their once a week room cleaning. The room was clean and comfortable.
2 night business trip Nov 18, 2013
Tim Fred
"Awesome staff"
I loved the hotel. The only reason why they didn't get a 5 from me is because once u got off the elevator on the 3rd floor it smelled like smoke big time. Once u got in the room it was fine. The sofa wasn't that comfortable either.The TV's picture wasn't very clear.
Other trip Jun 17, 2013
Lo
Right Next to I-35, you can hear the traffic passing all night. Overall our stay was very pleasant.
Other trip May 21, 2013
We were here for a family gathering at my brother's home. We didn't want to be crowded with a lot of people so we opted to stay at a hotel. The best decision ever! The place was clean, right off the highway, and quiet. We were right outside the basketball court, but couldn't hear anything. I do have to say that it was a little smokey in the hallways, but not so much that it was irritating. We were well rested when we left.
2 night trip with friends Mar 29, 2013
Yolanda
"Pungent cleaning agents"
Nice hotel, clean and comfortable but, the cleaning agents they used were detracted from the comfort of the room. Took days for the smell of what ever cleaning agents they used to get out of my sinuses.
1 night trip Mar 23, 2013
Not a bad place to stay. Staff was friendly and it was quiet. The neighborhood had a bit to be desired of and there seemed to be quite a few sketchy folks around. Overall, great place to crash for a night or 2 in North Austin.
2 night trip Mar 16, 2013
Nice
1 night business trip Mar 8, 2013
Leonard
"Not equal to other hotels in area"
Hallways smell of smoke. small closed in lobby. Interesting folks wandering the halls. non-smoking room smelled of smoke. Unwanted Su AM wakeup call - people playing basketball 30 yards from room.
1 night trip Feb 16, 2013
"Good hotel. One problem"
Hotel was fine with one exception...the train that came by blowing its horn at 1am and 3am.
Other trip Jan 26, 2013
"Great family place and/or long term stay place."
Overall the experience was great. The staff was friendly and professional, rooms clean and well stocked with amenities, towels, kitchen stocked with basic essentials, just a nice place, especially if staying for several days.
Other trip Dec 31, 2012
Genny
"Na"
My stay at CandleWood was horrible I checked in around 11:00 pm I had a long drive and was needing some good rest. Around 3am the smoke detector in our room went off for about 1 minute. Waking out my sleep with an alarm that loud reminded me of my time in Iraq and Afghanistan, which wasn’t good. I called the front desk to ask for assistance and got none. The gentleman hung up in the middle of the conversation after I explained what happened, so I called back and ask to speak to management. He advise me management was out until Monday and there was nothing he could do. About 6:00 am the smoke detector when off again so I called the front desk and asked what could he do to make this right, once again I received no assistance. The smoke detector went off again at 8:00 am and 10:00 am this time when I called the front desk I received Mandy who was helpful and apologetic. I even explained that I took the battery out of the smoke detector and it still went off that many times. I’ve stayed at your property several times and always had a wonderful experience however based on my current experience I doubt ill be staying there ever again. I’m very disappointed in how all this was handled and expected way more.
Other trip Oct 30, 2012
"Smokey!"
Not exactly what I paid for... The maintenance people were rude... The room was exceptionally large... However, the hallways and lobby were very smoky smelling...
1 night trip Oct 13, 2012
Right off the highway and staff was very friendly.
2 night trip Oct 5, 2012
really liked the decoration of room.Very roomy. Very clean and neat.really enjoyed our room. Bathroom was ample and the towels were great
2 night trip Sep 14, 2012
"My stay by M.Dillow"
Very smooth stay. Weekly bbq's were added value, wash facilities and work out room.
11 night business trip Sep 4, 2012
M. dillow

"Enjoyed our stay."
Everything was perfect. If i was to complain, I dont have anything to complain about. The only items I would suggest - at times the garbage containers at the end of the hall were very full. An added perk would be to replenish the coffee maker with more coffee, other hotels we stayed at, when the cleaned the rooms, the coffee maker was replenished with more coffee, and more soap in the bathroom. But these are really minor, just a suggestion to make it even better. Staff were great, always welcomed us when we returned every day. One day I did ask for a softer pillow and more towels - the staff were really nice and helpful. Lots of tv chanels. Even a lazy boy chair. Had a full fridge was convenient to store our leftovers. We noticed the breakfast you had downstairs, we planned on trying it, but we didnt get a chance to try it, but it did look appealing. I would definately stay here again! I have family here, and this would be my first choice when i return.
Other trip Mar 11, 2013

"Logistik"
Vi boede på hotellet med vores datter og barnebarn i to værelser, så det fungerede fint, meget roligt hotel med venligt personale. Vores problem var at vi kun havde lejet en bil, og til tider skulle i forskellige retninger, dette var ikke så spændende for de tilbageblevne, da offentlig transport jo ikke i området er overvældende, så man kunne godt føle sig som strandet på en øde ø. En anden gang vil vi nok søge et mere "bynært" område.
8 night family trip Oct 27, 2014
MX

TripAdvisor reviews for Candlewood Suites Round Rock

"room for improvement"
04/17/15 thchandox Austin, Texas
okay-ish, but feckless staff [altho mostly nice, except for maintenance who are both mean & incompetent]; torn arm cover on easy chair, get a back room, bring your own snacks or drop a mint on their store, kitchen/icebox/furnishings okay [likewise gym], equal priced have breakfast. Hard to find, out in the boondocks.
"A Quiet Spot right off I-35 Round Rock"
03/26/15 Sojourner-Texas_USA Hamilton, Texas
I was a bit put off by the route you take to get to the hotel from I-35, but after getting there (near a one way access road I became more impressed. The facility was very clean, reception was swift and friendly and the room was large! We did not hear any traffic noises from I-35, nor any noise for that matter. Convenient to Austin and Round Rock sites via I-35. Of course they don't have a full breakfast, but you have a full kitchen in your suite if you need it. We went 2 miles to the major food row and had lots of good choices. All in all, I recommend it.
"Rachel Sanchez made the stay perfect"
02/05/15 pfisher36 Oskaloosa, Iowa
Stayed at the candlewood in Round Rock, TX recently for a few nights. As others have mentioned it is on the frontage road but I found the noise to be a non-issue. The picnic area in the back was the perfect place to unwind a bit and enjoy the glorious mid Texas weather. Now the thing that made the stay perfect was the staff, in particular one young lady Ms Rachel Sanchez. What a glorious human being! Always with a big friendly smile on her face even as I'm sure I tried her patience. Not knowing the area but being there for a short while she was able to get me pointed to the places to go for everything. Room was immaculate and so was the entire location. Can't say enough about this young lady! Only place I will ever stay whenever I return to the Austin area.
"Average at best"
11/24/14 Alex M
This is one of the oldest looking Candlewoods I have stayed in. Great staff very friendly. But the hotel is is bad need of updated. The carpet has seen better days. The kitchen looks old and is old. The halls have a constant bad order due to the 80's style carpet. Overall I would keep the staff and get rid of the hotel. I would recommend for overnight stays. But don't do as I did booked for 2 months site unseen.
"Great hotel for the money"
11/13/14 yelostrikr Houston, Texas
This was a great hotel for the money. Room was very nice. Not fancy, but very clean and updated. Beds were real comfortable. Everyone was very friendly. And good location also. They have an area outback if you want to grill something and a few picnic tables also. Pet friendly hotel.
"Most enjoyable stay"
11/12/14 ladyactsalot Dallas, Texas
I was in town to shoot a film, for a six night stay. I was very impressed with the staff They were very friendly and expressed a willingness to accomodate us in all ways. Yes, you are on the frontage road of the freeway which is very convenient. My husband and I found the noise minimal. We were able to bring our dog, a 60 lb., Red Heeler, with us and she was welcomed by the staff and housekeeping as well. The facility is extremely pet friendly with a special 'PAW" (Pets Are Welcome) section. There were treats at the front desk on our arrival. The rooms are compact, but not cramped. We made a side trip and picked up groceries so we could eat in when the days were long. We found they provided everything necessary to cook and eat. The Kitchenette included a full sized refrigerator. We couldn't have been happier. Juli
"Maintenance required"
11/02/14 LoveHawaii10Dallas Waikoloa, Hawaii
I had an unpleasant stay with noisy A/C and refrigerator in 1st room. Moved to 2nd room and discovered quiet A/C and refrigerator, but other appliances broken! Certainly not what I expected in a Candlewood Suites from previous stays.
"Nice but the trains ruined it."
10/26/14 Kevin S
On the whole the staff were very nice. The only room left was a double and i was staying with a mate. i asked if we could swap rooms but they had nothing else. within 10 mins of getting in the room they brought a pop up bed round to us. facilities were very good. The only gripe we had which we're laughing about is the amtrak train that rolls through every 30 mins. sure it started about 4 am or something. The trains rolling noise wasn't too bad it was the loud horns they blew all the way through that removed the need for an alarm clock and a snooze button. For all the businessmen who are worried about missing that 7 am meeting I totally recommend it as there is no way you will over sleep unless your packing some serious ear defenders. Shame a train can spoil an otherwise good value for money hotel.
"I am fond of it though not fully satisfied"
10/15/14 Sodaorchid Starkville, Mississippi, United States
1. The location is just beside I-35, which means it's convenient to drive to other parts of the city. But it also brings the problem of noise: half of their rooms are facing the highway, which is not a good news for someone sensitive to noise like me. I asked for a shift of the room but they refused me and said they do not have any room left though it was only 5:00 pm, 2 hours after the check-in time. 2. The room is clean, so are the appliances and cookwares. Though as a studio, it is not very spacious. 3. Staff is good. Because they do not offer daily cleaning, you may ask whatever you are short of on the front desk. But I called three times before they sent me the rolling bed I asked as early as I checked in. 4. They do not offer breakfast.
"Funky Smell"
10/15/14 AdventrGrl Texas
Arriving at the hotel, the exterior reminded me somewhat of a lower budget hotel. When we walked inside, in the lobby area, there was a really unpleasant smell that continued throughout the hallways of the entire hotel. It smelled sour and musty - not clean or fresh. Nikki at the front desk was very friendly, however and welcomed us to the hotel. The room was pretty nice, although some of the countertops were missing the trim for some reason. Thankfully, the awful smell from the hallways was not in the room as well! Plenty of space for us to set up our pack n' play for the baby. The bed was small - a queen? Nice kitchen area with stove, microwave, fridge, coffeepot, and even some microwave popcorn that we discovered in the cupboard the next morning. Pretty clean and didn't notice the sounds of the train at night, that some reviewers mention. For an inexpensive stay, I'd maybe go here again, but I wish they'd do something about that smell! Yuck!