All hotels in New Orleans, Louisiana, United States of America
739 Canal Street, New Orleans, LA, 70130, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"NOLA"
For the price of this hotel I expected more. There is no wifi unless you pay, tiny rooms, dirty looking everything. Having said that, it is a good location to walk to everything, concierge services allowed us to check out and explore a bit more before leaving and beds were very comfy.
2 night family trip Jun 8, 2015
Aubrey
"Horrible stay! Go somewhere else"
Horrible stay at this hotel! I called hotels.com was put on hold and the called went over an hour. The hotel was dirty run down, over priced and the staff was a nightmare. They gave our room away even though I pre paid! How is that possible. You could hear everything on burban street. Good luck and don't book through hotels.com! They are the worse that ruined our three year anniversary!
Response by Astor Crowne Plaza New Orleans
Thank you for taking time to provide us with your comments. I am deeply disappointed that your anniversary getaway wasn’t as enjoyable as you deserved! Your comfort is important to us and there is no excuse for an unrestful night’s sleep due to noise. Had we been made aware of the inconvenience, we would have gladly moved you to a higher and quieter floor, away from the busy Bourbon Street activity. Unfortunately, we do not have any control over third-party bookings, but understand your frustration with the process. We hope for the future opportunity to provide you with the exceptional service you deserve and to show you why we have so many great reviews on Hotels.com.
6 night romance trip Jun 3, 2015
MELISSA
"Valet hassle"
The hotel and room was very nice.The parking situation leaves something to be desired.The front of the hotel is right on the street and felt very rushed to get everything out of the car before valet took it away to be parked (for 40 bucks ) Then when I discovered I needed a couple more things out of the car, they told me it was 5 blocks away..quite a pain!
1 night romance trip Jun 8, 2015
"Great Stay!"
The stay was great! We arrived and valet parking was great to have, considering the lack of parking in the area. Check-in was good, hotel was a bit outdated but still held it's charm. They placed us on the top floor right over the air conditioning units so it was loud and we had no view at all of the street. However, for me the white noise was nice! Room was clean, bed was comfortable and the shower pressure was amazing! No complaints at all, would stay here next time for sure!!!
1 night family trip Jun 4, 2015
Rebeca
"Good Stay"
We visited your hotel overnight and the hotel was clean and the staff was friendly, however, when the valet brought our vehicle back, a quarterly of a tank of gas had been used. Unless you are parking the vehicles in another city, the needle should not have moved. Other than that, it was a good stay. thanks
1 night romance trip Jun 7, 2015
"Mother/Daughter Trip"
We had a one night stay in New Orleans and my husband arranged for our hotel. He had been to meetings at the Astor Crowne Plaza and he said it was beautiful and we would love it. It was close to the French Quarter and Brennan's so we were setup. Gorden checked us in and we had a great visit with him because he also has NM roots! We left a bottle of NM Green Chile for him and hope he enjoyed it!! Thank you All for a very comfortable stay and we will be back!! :))
1 night family trip May 26, 2015
Harry
"My poor choice."
The bed was hard as a rock. We were on the second floor. The view from our $200 plus room was of an interior brick wall.
Response by Astor Crowne Plaza New Orleans
Thank you for taking time to share your comments. Your comfort is important to us and I am sorry to hear that our bed did not match your preferences or provide you with the restful night’s sleep you deserve. Although we wish everyone could enjoy our great city views from their guest room, it is unfortunately impossible. Please know that we would have been more than happy to move you to a different room had you notified the front desk, but do understand your frustration. It is our sincere wish to better serve you on another occasion.
1 night romance trip May 22, 2015
"Great Hotel, great location"
The hotel was itself was great. The problem was dealing with the valet. One of their drivers hit a big yellow pole and dented in my door. The next day when I called for my truck, they brought it in a timely manner but didn't even bring it to our attention. I saw It along with every other person standing in front of the building. It was so very obvious and large. But they did take responsibility after a few moments. We did fill out a report, but it took 3 days for a person to contact me. Needless to say, it affected my relaxation time throughout the trip. They also rifled through my console at some point, but I just figured that was the norm, and hope there wasn't anything of importance in there. To sum it all up, hotel- great & valet- anything other than great.
Response by Astor Crowne Plaza New Orleans
Thank you very much for sharing your comments. Your comfort and security are of the utmost importance to us and I am incredibly sorry for the lack of care you were given by our Valet Team. I am glad that there was a resolution with the report and that the damage to your vehicle was assessed. I know that this must have caused unnecessary distress for the remainder of your stay and I do apologize. Your comments have been shared with our Management Team to ensure that a robust procedure is in place for our Valet Team to follow. I am happy that you were at least able to find some enjoyment in our location and the hotel itself. We hope for the opportunity to provide you with a more relaxing experience in the future.
3 night romance trip Jun 1, 2015
Audrey
"Off Bourbon Street"
The location is perfect, the main entrance is on Canal Street, yet only 20 feet from Bourbon Street. Great views of Bourbon Street from the 2nd story balcony allow guests to experience, without being in it. The hotel being near the corner of Canal & Bourbon Street offers a guest so many places for dining, drinking, & shopping. The room is large and comfortable, plenty of storage, including a dresser and a closet.
2 night romance trip Jun 1, 2015
"Blah hotel."
Stayed here one night for a concert. The room was muggy and hot despite the thermostat being on 65 degrees. Ordered room service and it took almost an hour and the food was expensive and flavorless. Will not stay here again and, I never leave hotel reviews.
Response by Astor Crowne Plaza New Orleans
Thank you for sharing your experience with us and I completely understand your frustration. The comfort and satisfaction of our guests is our number one priority. You do not mention if you informed any hotel staff of your issues. Nonetheless, we would have welcomed the opportunity to immediately address these issues. I do hope that you will reconsider and give us another opportunity to show you why we have so many great reviews on Hotels.com.
1 night romance trip Jun 2, 2015
"Shot in the Dark"
Stayed for nights and could not have asked for a better location. Trolley car stop directly across the street. main entrance on Canal St. and a side entrance on Bourbon street. It is located on the same block as the popular Acme restaurant and directly behind the hotel ten steps away is the fabulous Felix restaurant, home to the incredibly mouthwatering charbroiled oysters on the half shell. The hotel staff each and everyone were extremely gracious and always helpful. Choosing this hotel was a shot in the dark and I am so grateful we came up with a bulleye!
4 night romance trip May 26, 2015
Harriet
"Perfect Location to Bourbon Street & Trolley Cars"
Great Hotel. Perfect location, on Canal street with an additional exit/entrance off Bourbon street. Loved the beds with extra pillows.
2 night family trip May 27, 2015
"Perfect to hang out on Bourban Street!"
Came with a friend with our main purpose to hang out on Bourban Street. Perfect location to stay and walking distance to the business district. We did not have to spend any money on cabs which was great! Our hotel toilet kept running, which kind of got annoying, and housekeeping didn't come when we requested a room cleaning. The beds were kind of uncomfortable but not terrible. I would stay here again and recommend it to friends. If staying with small children or on a family trip, I wouldn't recommend to stay here. It gets very noisy in the hallways at all hours and there are a lot of people coming in and going out to the streets.
2 night trip with friends May 27, 2015
"New Orleans trip"
Great room and staff! Beautiful hotel close enough to everything but not too close!
1 night family trip May 28, 2015
Deana
"Bourbon Street Blues"
Our 20-something daughters wished to be close to the French Quarter "action," but the Astor's location on the very corner of Bourbon & Canal Streets was, from my paternal perspective, a curse rather than blessing. And curse we did! Driving, parking or even WALKING near the hotel were activities more difficult than Dante ever envisioned in his INFERNO! Not to mention the noise & pedestrian shenanigans all night long! Fortunately, we stayed on the 5th floor, enough above the boozy nocturnal din to sleep soundly. And the rooftop pool -- albeit tiny, unheated & shallow -- was a refreshing treat.
2 night family trip May 27, 2015
"Ok hotel"
Expensive, only hotel I have ever stayed in that did not offer free wifi. Pool closed early and no complimentary breakfast.. Clean and staff was nice. Not worth the price.
Response by Astor Crowne Plaza New Orleans
Thank you for taking time to share your experience. I am sorry that we weren’t able to offer a better rate during your stay, as it is our prime season here in Downtown New Orleans. We know that staying connected is important to our guests which is why we offer complimentary Wi-Fi, I apologize that you were told otherwise. We hope that you will return so that we have the opportunity to exceed your expectations.
1 night trip with friends May 30, 2015
I read several reviews before I booked this hotel. We truly enjoyed this hotel. The people were amazingly accommodating and friendly. The room was comfortable. They do supply shampoo conditioner and body wash but they are attached to the shower. They do not supply lotion unless specifically asked for. Which is fine. The only complaint I did have and was that my room service breakfast was not very good but the hotel took care of it. I totally recommend this hotel. It is convenient to everything.
2 night romance trip May 26, 2015
Christie
"Maybe a 3 star hotel"
Restaurant was great, but everything else was just ok. Housekeeping missed our room completely 1 day of our 3 night stay.
Response by Astor Crowne Plaza New Orleans
We appreciate your comments. Good food is a staple here in New Orleans and I am glad to know that you enjoyed your restaurant experience at our hotel. I am truly sorry to hear that Housekeeping failed to service your room. This is not the high level of service we pride ourselves on and I’m sure our Housekeeping Team will be embarrassed of their oversight. We hope for the opportunity to better serve you in the future.
3 night family trip May 28, 2015
SUSAN
"Comfortable stay, convenient to city"
spent a weekend in New Orleans, the hotel is located on Canal street at the intersection with Bourbon street. Location is perfect, Wifi was free and reliable. We got a room on the 14th floor with a nice view of Bourbon street, and elevators were fast and always available. Room was a little small but overall great stay.
2 night romance trip May 29, 2015
Rafael
"New Orleans Trip"
My wife and I were on a birthday trip to see New Orleans for the first time. The hotel location was great, people friendly. We had an issue with the AC but when we told them they changed our room no questioned ask. The only thing that wasn't the greatest was the quality of the bed. It was hard and uncomfortable. But overall great place.
2 night romance trip May 25, 2015
"Bring a sweater."
Location was perfect, corner of bourbon and canal streets. Everyone was very helpful, pleasant and polite. Excellent restaurant on premises. Happy hour was fab. Have Perry or Lou shuck your oysters. Lighting in bathroom was weak, and they provide no body lotion so be sure to bring your own. Rooms are very spacious. Air conditioning really works, hallways were cold, but each room has its own controls
4 night romance trip May 26, 2015
Jan
"Nice hotel, nice people but inconveniences often"
The hotel location is great, lobby & room were great. Staff was friendly, but dropped the ball way more than once. When we arrived, valets & front desk staff were very friendly, but when arrived in room, realized there was NO TV remote in room, so requested one be delivered & an hour later, still no remote... Beds & room were comfortable, and we stayed a 2nd night, but they didn't clean the room the 2nd night - or provide coffee 2nd night. When I told the front desk staff that she did get me coffee packets but didn't have a coffee cup, so offered to have one delivered to room, (but from TV Remote experience, I didn't want to rely on that) so I got one from the bar. When we trying to leave, & standing out front with all of our bags, it took forever - as we stood out front for over 45 minutes, waiting on the valet to get car. A few sour spots, but still a nice hotel. Pool on 3rd floor was great for kids.
2 night family trip May 28, 2015
Sean
"A relaxing vacation stop"
The Staff were professional and courteous. Location is great. Room is a little pricey for it size. A nice vacation stop.
1 night trip May 26, 2015
"Horrible experience"
Horrible - room looked like a jail cell. Felt like I was going to get robbed at any moment. The valets were especially bad - peeling out in there cars in front of the hotel..I almost watched an old lady get run over and they thought that was the funniest thing ever! I will never return!
Response by Astor Crowne Plaza New Orleans
Thank you for sharing your recent experience. I am disappointed that you did not feel comfortable in our Bourbon Street location and am sorry that our hotel failed to meet your expectations. I have shared your comments about our valet team with our Management staff so that we can ensure proper safety precautions are being followed by our valet drivers. I hope you reconsider staying with us in the future so that we can provide you with the exceptional service you deserve.
1 night trip May 26, 2015
"Best location"
Right in the French Quarter, this hotel was in the center of the action yet peaceful and elegant inside. The concierge was most helpful, the restaurant delicious and attentive. The front desk people could be more friendly, but the support staff such as bell hops made up for it. The valet parking is unreasonably expensive, but perhaps given the location it was worth it.
2 night romance trip May 24, 2015
Kimberly A
"Anniversary trip"
Very nice stay. Hotel location was great. Close to Bourbon St. but far enough from the noise. Room was clean and comfortable. Very nice lobby. Restaurant connected to hotel. Would definately stay again.
3 night romance trip May 26, 2015
Cary
"Memphis"
Great time and location!! Will stay again!!
2 night trip with friends May 27, 2015
Great location for visiting the main atractions
2 night romance trip May 25, 2015
CAMILA
"A hotel that cannot keep their word!"
Very disappointed with this hotel. I called three days before to tell them that I was going to have a late check in because I had a late flight in. The lady on the phone told me that as long as I get there before 2 am I will be ok. When I got there they had to told me that they were booked and had to send me to a different hotel. The manager apologized and told me that he would take care of our first night. The next day we had to move back to this hotel and everything was fine until check out. The manager at the front desk said that he could not take care of us for the first night. His exact words were " we feel like since we put you in a nicer hotel the first day we cannot take care of that day." Also they said since I used hotel.com and did not directly go through them that they could not take care of it. So after telling me all this in the beginning and not staying true to their word I would never stay at this hotel again. I am not trying to get anything free but if you tell me that you are going to do something then you should stick to your word, and I did not get that with this hotel.
Response by Astor Crowne Plaza New Orleans
Thank you for sharing your experience with us. I apologize for the inconveniences you experienced due to our hotel being sold out. I have shared your comments with our Management Team in the hopes of resolving the issue with the little information we have. I do understand your frustrations and please know our intent is to always honor commitments we make to our guests. We hope for the opportunity to better serve you in the future.
2 night trip with friends May 16, 2015
tri
"Perfect location TERRIBLE staff"
Astor Crowne Plaza is on the corner of Canal and Bourbon streets. You walk out the side of hotel right onto the action of Bourbon st and the French Quarter. You walk out the front of the hotel right to the Canal Street streetcars which can take you all over town. An all day pass is only $3! Now the bad news. We were there for 4 days and our room was only serviced one time. We called DOZENS of times requesting the room be serviced and it never was. NO clean towels, no shampoo etc. At one all on day 2 I asked for the manager to give us a call. He never did. So finally on day 3 I parked myself at the front desk and refused to move until he showed up. The manager showed up and was simply filled with excuses. NO apology and no rush to get housekeeping to us. He did offer us a free breakfast voucher for room service. We ordered the room service at 7 am for an 11 am check out. By check out at 11 the room service never came despite multiple phone calls to them as well. The location of this hotel is PERFECT but I will never stay here again.
Response by Astor Crowne Plaza New Orleans
Thank you for sharing your experiences and recognizing our prime location. I apologize for the inconveniences you experienced with the lack of housekeeping service. Please know that the level of service you received is unacceptable and we have just brought onboard a new Housekeeping Director and new Front Office Director to address these issues. We hope to welcome you back in the future to experience firsthand the changes that have been implemented and the opportunity to exceed your expectations.
3 night family trip May 24, 2015
"Great location!!"
Convenient location...Corner of Canel & Bourbon St. Great Hotel, but very very hard beds. I would definitely stay there again because of the location. Be aware though...The only parking is valet at $40 a day!!
1 night trip with friends May 26, 2015
"The room location definately makes a difference!!"
The hotel itself is beautiful, but my room (225) was horrible. My view was the corner of Bourbon and Iberville streets. The noise was incredible all night long. Once the music and people calmed down about 3am, the garbage trucks began their routine - picking up and slamming metal containers which echoed for what seemed an eternity. NO REST OR SLEEP until about 5am, then had to get up at 6am.
Response by Astor Crowne Plaza New Orleans
Thank you for your feedback and for recognizing our beautiful hotel. I apologize for the noise disturbances you experienced during your stay. Please know that if ever you are dissatisfied with a room, we encourage you to notify the front desk immediately so that we can move you to more comfortable accommodations. We would have been happy to move you to a higher, quieter floor had we been notified, but do understand your frustration. We hope to see you on your next visit to New Orleans for a quieter experience.
1 night business trip May 26, 2015
"Weekend Getaway"
We had a wonderful experience. When we checked in our room wasn't ready so we were given a different room. We were given a room with 2 queen beds. Our original request was for a king bed. Diana, front desk staff, was very helpful and apologetic for the error. We were reassigned to a different room with a king bed. The room was very spacious and clean. The bed was very comfortable. Best part...Bourbon St. is just a few steps away. Will definitely stay there again and will recommend it to our friends.
2 night romance trip May 24, 2015
"Great time!"
7 th anniversary, hotel couldn't have been in a better location. Wife and I loved the roof top pool, friendly staff, and traditional decor. Will definitely be staying at this hotel next time we are in town.
1 night romance trip May 24, 2015
Kelsie
"business trip and one last night of fun"
Went for a business trip, got to get out a couple of nights. Wife was happy with the location and pool by day, great food right outside the hotel doors...numerous restaraunts.Great stay!!!
3 night business trip May 19, 2015
scott
"Great place for a quick romantic getaway"
My wife and I took a quick getaway to celebrate our anniversary and we are glad we chose this hotel. The lobby and ground floor of the hotel is grand. The front desk service was sensational. The Bourbon House restaurant (located on bottom floor) was spectacular. The only slight negative was the noise from Bourbon Street (which is expected) and the rooms. The room was clean and nice but did not match the grandiose of the hotel's ground floor. Despite that, this is one of the nicest places we have stayed during our numerous trips to New Orleans.
1 night romance trip May 24, 2015
Raymond
"Friends in for the night"
We were in town for one night and were just looking for a hotel in a common area. This was centrally located and only a few blocks away from each place we wanted to visit. I would definitely stay here again!
1 night trip with friends May 24, 2015
"Nice stay - 1 st time in NOLA"
Great location, on the corner of Canal and Bourbon Street! Pricey valet! Expect a 20 minute wait to get the car. Don't forget anything in the car!!!! Valet has to bring you the car if you forget anything in it. Front desk clerks were very nice and helpful. Room was clean, but in need of repair. Had a broken towel rack and a cracked sink. Overall had a good stay! Beware of termite swarms in May!!
1 night romance trip May 19, 2015
"Pleaseed"
bellman to get your vehicle was a little chaotic. They had cleared out the request in their system, therefore I had to wait about 30 minutes for my vehicle. Other than that it was an excellent experience. Very friendly staff and very clean room.
1 night romance trip May 19, 2015
KEVIN
"Astor Crown Plaza"
Spent one night on a NOLA pass through. Nice hotel. Amenities are what you'd expect. Restaurant/bar is top notch. Friendly staff.A couple things: it appears the "Astor" part of the hotel was part of another hotel at one time. Rooms are fine but there is no view. None. Ours was a brick wall. The other thing is location. Its very convenient, but I've never liked staying on Canal. The street crowd can be...unsavory. But its not the fault of the property and forewarned is forearmed. All told I would stay again.
1 night romance trip May 12, 2015
"my visit to the big easy"
Check in good - room comfortable - staff helpful. Ice machine on floor out of order the entire time we were here - First morning we got up - no hot water for shower in room - shower had substantial mold on overhead and walls. Check out good - valet service good. Restaurant service good - although the fried oysters I ordered were bad to the point of gross - my wife's shrimp were very good.
2 night romance trip May 20, 2015
"Not worth it"
The hotel is nice looking overall but I have a few complaints. First, the front desk is a cluster. No set lines, just people standing around waiting for someone to acknowledge you. Second, we were in room 420 which was a couple rooms away from the elevator. You can hear the elevator taking off, which sounded like a roller coaster outside. Our view was a brick wall outside the room which wasn't a big deal but wasn't nice either. Then, the cleaning people knocked on our door at 9 AM for about 30 seconds. When I opened it they were asking if we were leaving today. This was probably the most annoying, cherry on top of the cake of the stay. Yes we were leaving, check out was at 11, not 9. Overall, I felt like because I found this room through hotels.com we got treated like we didnt pay enough to be treated well. Maybe the hotel reserves these rooms for the website because no one would pay over $130 for them. I will not stay here again, nor will I purchase another hotel room from a website. I did not complain to the front desk because the lines were so jumbled. Oh yeah. And the lobby gets pasked with groups of people by the door waiting to take a ghost tour.. Just overall sucky experience.
Response by Astor Crowne Plaza New Orleans
Thank you very much for taking the time to post your comments. I am truly sorry you were not happy with your accommodations. Please know the comfort and satisfaction of our guests is our number one priority. Please know that the type of room that is assigned is based on the availability at the time of check-in, not on how the reservation is booked. We would have been more than happy to move you to a less noisy room had you notified the front desk, but do understand your frustration. We hope for the opportunity to exceed your expectations in the future and show why we have so many wonderful reviews on Hotels.com.
1 night trip with friends May 21, 2015
Emily
"hard bed"
The bed was really hard.
1 night romance trip May 20, 2015
JEFFERY
"Disappointing hotel great location."
Visit to New Orleans French Quarter. Very good location corner Canal & Bourbon, easy access for car, easy walk to quarter. Old grand dame hotel with elegant lobby nice ambiance. Rooms were redone some time ago, so showing some age. Tub had cracked porcelain with rust and tile had some mold between tiles. Don't think I would have been comfortable using tub but ok of shower. Wall paper in bath peeling back in places, torn up where hair dryer had been mounted to wall. New bedding so rest of room was clean. Did not get any credit for IHG freq card as desk clerk said I did not pay enough for room (very strange never heard that before). All in all disappointing for Crown Plaza
Response by Astor Crowne Plaza New Orleans
Thank you very much for sharing your comments. I am glad that you enjoyed our prime Bourbon Street location as much as we do! Per Brand standards, IHG rewards are only accrued through revenue that is incurred at the hotel, not through prepaid rates via third-party sites. I do apologize for the inconvenience you experienced regarding your IHG rewards and do hope that the situation was rectified. We are happy to announce that plans are underway for renovation of all of our guestrooms by the end of December and we hope that you will return in the future to enjoy the beautiful upgrades.
2 night romance trip May 19, 2015
ThomasB
"Mr."
the location and condition of the hotel is great. Parking is a problem and expensive as it is downtown.
1 night romance trip May 20, 2015
eberhard
"May have been a 4 star at one time..."
Gotta knock it down a bit for some minor items including no bathroom fan and housekeeping rolling up at 9:30 a.m. The lobby could use a little more design consideration rather than looking like a bus stop waiting area outside of the meeting rooms. Bar/Restaurant closed too early. Majors: Elevators had random smell/cleanliness issues and a pendant hall lamp we passed a dozen times on the way to our room had human hair hanging from it. If I can see it, so can housekeeping.
2 night business trip May 12, 2015
"Not what I booked"
Booked a deluxe king room and when I got there and checked in they put me in a room with two double beds no microwave and no ice box like my other one that I booked was supposed to have then told me that they couldn't honor what hotels.com offered the beds were so uncomfortable and the room just felt kinda nasty. Will definitely be filing a complaint with hotels.com about the room I got bc it was so not what I booked!
Response by Astor Crowne Plaza New Orleans
Thank you very much for your comments regarding your recent stay. I am very sorry you were disappointed in the bed type you were given, but bed type is based on availability at time of check in. Our Front Desk agents do their absolute to accommodate the needs of our guests. Microwaves and refrigerators are not standard items in our guestrooms. However, based on availability, can be brought to the room upon request. Please know that your loyalty and satisfaction is very important to us and we do hope that you will return for a much better experience.
1 night romance trip May 11, 2015
"awesome!"
We came for a cruise,and stayed one night here. It was very clean, reasobly priced, and great location. we walked the entire French Quarter from here. Super nice people.
1 night romance trip May 10, 2015
Jake
"Perfect"
Great location and very convenient to everything!
2 night business trip May 12, 2015
Ronald
"Valet needs help"
Let us check in early, super nice since we were on the road all through the night. Service was kind and friendly. Only thing I think needs work is the valet service. Texted it the number to get our car and they managed to get 10 people in before bringing ours up who came down after us. The valet worker even mentioned "oh wow you guys are still here?" We had job interviews so we were lucky we prepared with some extra time in there because it took them over 30 minutes to get our car why we were standing outside with all of our belonging on a really busy street (French quarter). If I am going to pay over 80 dollars for valet for two nights, I would have expected a better outcome. that was only negative about the hotel. Great view, clean, affordable, overall good experience
2 night romance trip May 12, 2015