All hotels in New Orleans, Louisiana, United States of America
You can collect Hotels.com® Rewards nights here739 Canal Street, New Orleans, LA, 70130, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Recommended!"
There for a conference. The hotel was located perfectly for both the conference and food/fun.
3 night business trip Apr 1, 2015
Troy
"nothing special"
Mold in bathroom and room unbearably hot
Response by Astor Crowne Plaza New Orleans
We are very thankful for your review. I do hope that our Housekeeping and Engineering departments were made aware of your issues so that we could promptly address. We do hope that you will return so we can show you why we have some many great reviews on Hotels.com.
2 night family trip Mar 30, 2015
Terri
"Great location and clean room"
Good place to stay. Amazing location to all the fun. The outside of the hotel is not what I expected for a 4 star hotel but I would stay again. Our family member that stayed in a different room had some mold problems in the bathroom but the staff was able to clear the situation the same day. Our room was overall clean with no issues!
5 night family trip Mar 18, 2015
Angela
"Enjoyable stay..."
Enjoyed our stay at this hotel. This was a girls trip with my college-aged daughter, mother-in-law and aunt for Spring Fiesta Home Tour. Valet, bellmen & front desk all very courteous and efficient. Arrived early and were able to securely store our luggage while we strolled the Quarter until time for check-in. Room was clean, comfortable and nicely decorated. Located on Canal between Royal & Bourbon. Easy walking. Would have been nice to have a mini fridge since no coolers are allowed in room, but all in all it was a very pleasant stay and good value. Would stay there again.
2 night family trip Mar 21, 2015
Tracy
"Loved it and would stay again!"
Excellent location in the heart of all the Bourbon street action, however we were NEVER disturbed by the noise which was impressive. The staff was wonderful and the room layout was charming!
3 night trip with friends Mar 22, 2015
Sharonda
"It met my needs"
I liked the room well enough. However, when housekeeping came through each day, they had their staging area right outside my door. They were extremely loud for almost two hours, until I finally just left the room until they finished.
4 night trip Mar 23, 2015
Rita
"Night at the Crown Plaza"
I had a pleasant time at the hotel. the front of the hotel seemed to be a bit busy probably because it right next Bourbon street. On the other hand the front desk attendant Dania Frallic, was very helpful. she went above and beyond with assisting us with our accommodations. We checked in late and she was very helpful with providing us with a list of restaurants that we could go to grab something to eat.
3 night business trip Mar 22, 2015
Margaret
"Faded Glory"
Room was quite large but laid out so it was not functional. The bed was hard - the shower was soft - the room was loud. Not good for sleep on any level.
Response by Astor Crowne Plaza New Orleans
Hi Wyman D Thanks for sharing the details of your last stay with us. We are saddened that you didn't enjoy the amenities of your room. It isn't often that we receive this type of feedback so we hope when your travels bring you back to New Orleans you will re-consider the Astor Crowne Plaza so that we may provide a different experience. Thanks for staying with us! Best Regards,
2 night business trip Mar 23, 2015
Wyman D
"our stay"
it was nice, clean. only problem was the room was near the elevator which was noisy, but there was no problem with being moved to another room.
1 night trip with friends Mar 22, 2015
wanda
"not bad but I would not stay there next time"
I just needed a decent place to stay. It was and it is very strategic located but I had to pay for Internet connection, which I don't have to do in any other hotels, no breakfast at all...not a even a mediocre simple breakfast. Bath tub kind of old, Checkin you have to do at 4pm and checkout at 11am...ummm, very convenient to them!! I opted out of housekeeping so I cant comment on that.
Response by Astor Crowne Plaza New Orleans
Hi Traveler, Thanks for sharing the details of your last stay with us. We are delighted that you enjoyed the location of the hotel, however, we are saddened to hear that you didn't have the best experience with us. To clarify some of your issues, we do have complimentary internet access for all guests. A greater bandwidth does require a cost, but if you are simply checking emails or using Facebook the free version works just fine. Additionally, while we do not offer a complimentary breakfast, breakfast is served daily in the Bourbon House restaurant which is connected to the Hotel. While I understand the inconvenience of the check-in and check-out times, you will find that most if not all hotels in the New Orleans area have similar times established. We thank you for your business and we hope that you return to us should your travels bring you back to New Orleans. Best Regards,
2 night trip Mar 22, 2015
"Centrally located on Bourbon & Canal: enjoy!"
Great place for Mardi Gras in the Quarter. Centrally located for those who want to enjoy New Orleans by foot, by street car, or by bus. It's on Bourbon and Canal: enjoy!
3 night trip Feb 15, 2015
"Avoid this dump."
Wish I could award negative stars. Filthy. Booger-encrusted headboard. Food bits left on carpet from prior guest. Used coffee cup lid left with "complimentary coffee" in-room brewer. Gum stuck to to upholstered chair. Ughhhhh. Avoid this dump.
Response by Astor Crowne Plaza New Orleans
Hi Wes, Thanks for sharing the details of your last stay with us. Admittedly this review is very alarming and we certainly would like to apologize for any inconveniences that the condition of the room may have caused. This certainly isn't the standard of cleanliness we like to provide so we will be sure to alert our housekeeping department of these issues. As you can see from many of the other reviews your stay was an unfortunate exception. If your travels bring you back to New Orleans, we are confident that we will get it right for you. Thanks for staying with us! Best Regards,
3 night business trip Mar 18, 2015
Wes
"perfect location"
Great Hotel. Very helpful. Parking wasn't much fun, but that is mainly due to the area, not the hotel
2 night romance trip Mar 16, 2015
Bo
"Loved our stay at the Crowne"
The facility was wonderful, clean and deluxe fixtures and furniture. The room was quiet despite the partying and parades going on outside. Beds very comfortable. Staff was exceptionally attentive. We had a great time in New Orleans.
1 night trip with friends Mar 14, 2015
"Great hotel. Great location."
Nice place to stay... did not disappoint me. Hotel staff was very helpful & friendly. Everything I would expect from a Crown Plaza. The ONLY issue was the bed seemed a little old and very squeaky. Maybe time for new mattresses??
1 night romance trip Mar 17, 2015
Me & a couple friends came for St. Patricks day and the location of the hotel is perfect for those wanting to have a good time on Bourbon street. Staff was friendly and the rooms were clean, we enjoyed our stay.
1 night trip with friends Mar 17, 2015
Gloria
"Spring break getaway"
I've stayed here before and I love the location. The staff was friendly, the rooms were nice and clean (quiet for the most part) and valet didn't take long getting our car.
2 night trip with friends Mar 19, 2015
Iver
Great location to everything. We had room service our first night and it came quickly and was delicious. The staff were all very nice. Our toilet handle was broken. We called the front desk and a repair man was sent soon after. Our stay was very pleasant. We would definitely stay there again.
3 night trip with friends Mar 16, 2015
cristela
"st pats trip"
Great location! Can only valet park. Parking very expensive. Overall had great time and enjoyed the hotel.
2 night family trip Mar 16, 2015
"great hotel"
great, in every way.
3 night trip with friends Dec 30, 2014
"Best Service"
I stayed at there during Mardi Gras weekend. There was a big misunderstand with some information that I received when I called a few weeks prior. But the staff in the front desk resolved my issue and made things right. I believe the name of the woman that helped me was Patricia. And the man that helped me was David. They both took ownership of the problem and made things right. This was my second time staying at this hotel for Mardi Gras and I plan on staying there again in the future. I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone that's going to New Orleans.
3 night trip with friends Feb 13, 2015
"Good stay."
Good location, reasonable hotel, good price.
2 night trip with friends Feb 27, 2015
Jeffrey
Everything was great and despite our own complicated room situation with 3 rooms, 2 separate people booking, and 12 guests, the only small problem we encountered was that some room keys did not work consistently. Otherwise, we had no problems, it was a great hotel in a great location. I would definitely stay here again.
2 night trip with friends Feb 27, 2015
"Never again..."
Hotel staff was not very friendly or courteous. We also ordered room service one morning and it never came!! Went down to the front desk to make sure I wasn't charged for it and the lady at the desk simply said no. Nothing like oh my let me find out what happened or what can I get you. NOTHING. The only good thing about this hotel was the location...
Response by Astor Crowne Plaza New Orleans
Dear Tabitha, Thanks for sharing the details of your last stay with us. Please accept our sincerest apologies for the lack of customer service you experienced while in our care. This type of information is valuable to our improvement and we appreciate the candid feedback. Based on these details, we clearly missed the mark but we are confident that we can get it right on your next visit to New Orleans. Best Regards,
2 night romance trip Feb 25, 2015
Tabitha
"Great place to stay when in New Orleans!"
Great hotel with a central location.
2 night business trip Feb 25, 2015
"Mardi Gras"
Right on the corner of Canal and Bourbon St. Was great for Mardi Gras. Having to pay for parking and wifi was outrageous.
2 night trip Feb 16, 2015
"Blatant lies and lack of information."
Surprisingly the bed was not very comfortable. When I called to book the hotel I asked specifically and was told parking was free. When we got to New Orleans our Hotel was surrounded by events which cut us off. We were not warned. We called and we were told the parades stopped at 10PM. We tried again to no avail. Another call to the hotel (12AM) we were told that the parking was not at the hotel and was told where to park and we would have to carry our bags to the hotel few blocks, again I asked about parking fees and was told it was free for the hotel. We dropped our car off and was given a ticket and set off bags in hand for the hotel. The hotel staff alternated hostile and friendly. We were given wrist bands to assure our entry to the Hotel. This proved to be a major problem. I was given all kinds of grief but finally given a wristband to take my friend up for a while. I was a bit angry to pay over $1K for my hotel stay to be treated like a crook. The hotel phone did not work either!?!?. Sunday we left the hotel & joined a large crowd of folks to ride shuttles to the car park. I walked to a parking lot that was NOT the one we delivered our car. I was lied to us about in the course of three different calls to the hotel now had a $129 parking fee attached.
Response by Astor Crowne Plaza New Orleans
Dear Nolan, Thanks for sharing the details of your last stay with us. We are lucky that our location provides one of the best Mardi Gras experiences particularly being located at Bourbon and Canal Streets ensures easy access to the parades and you can even watch the parades from our Canal Street facing balcony. As you can imagine the logistics of getting to/from the Hotel when streets are closed for parades can be a daunting task. Please accept our apologies for the confusion. We will take your feedback to help devise plans to better communicate Mardi Gras details with our guests, to include the parking arrangements. While I understand the inconvenience the bracelets caused you, they have been in place for many years to help insure the safety of our guests. We are proud to share that Mardi Gras at the Astor Crowne Plaza is free of incident. Additionally, we are certainly not disputing the validity of the free parking statement, but for your future travels to New Orleans, please note that parking in all downtown and French Quarter hotels is valet only and at a cost. While it appears there were a few hiccups while in our care, we hope that you had an amazing Mardi Gras. Best Regards,
3 night trip with friends Feb 12, 2015
Nolan
"Mardi Gras in the French Quarter."
We have stayed in the Astor, corner Bourbon & Canal for Mardi Gras for several years & will likely try to stay there for next Mardi Gras. However, the hotel management changed and in addition to significant price increases, their is a subtitle degradation in the maintenance and service. The most notable is closing the conseire/hospitality room.
3 night trip with friends Feb 15, 2015
"EXCITED"
A group of approximately 10 of us were in New Orleans for Mardi Gras. The hotel was conveniently located right at the corner of Everything Going On and Happiness. We could not have picked a better hotel. Bourbon street was right outside the door and the multiple parades passed right outside of our windows since we were facing Canal St. The only glitch was the valet parking since it was chaotic with everything around there but it all turned out very well. We all loved the place and will be there again next year. Way to Go Astor Crown Plaza!!
3 night family trip Feb 15, 2015
BIRDIE
"good spot outdated room"
Good location but room is outdated.. and for the price and spot that it's locatedl
1 night trip with friends Feb 17, 2015
sharmarick
There for Mardi Gras weekend, have absolutely no complaints about this hotel.
"could have been better"
When I walked in my room smelled of smoke. Had to take key card to front desk 3 times to redo. Bellmen and staff did great!!!! would have liked to know that they closed the street had to walk 6 blocks to hotel.
2 night trip with friends Feb 16, 2015
"Loved it!"
Every thing was amazing and satisfying.
3 night family trip Feb 15, 2015
BIRDIE
Great place, right on bourbon street. Lame that there bar closes at 11 though.
2 night romance trip Feb 16, 2015
leland
"Location is very good"
Location is very good. I think 2nd floor terrace is the best place to watch the Mardi Gras parades.
3 night trip with friends Feb 13, 2015
Kee Beom
"Wonderful hotel with a few hiccups"
Shuttle service and hotel luggage staff were on different pages. No syncing of shuttles and refusals to take our bags after waiting for an hour when we were told he was at the corner to com get our bags. Our toilet overflowed but maintenance and housekeeper were wonderful about the ssituation. Hotel lobby was always beautifully clean even with hundreds of people coming and going.
2 night trip with friends Feb 15, 2015
Beed to update the hotel rooms. Enjoyed out stay.
Other trip Feb 19, 2015
Enjoyed my stay at Astor I would highly recommend it. The room was spacious, very clean, and neat. My only problem was the fact that no matter how high the heater was up it was still cold air blowing out. I felt the room could stand to have a microwave and refrigerator in it.
Other trip Feb 19, 2015
Shayla
"Mardi Gras Slendor"
This property is our absolute favorite in NOLA, especially during Mardi Gras. Always our # 1 choice!!
1 night romance trip Feb 16, 2015
Jack
"Best Mardi Gras hotel"
Great service and very nice rooms. Right next to Bourbon St and restaurants.
1 night trip Feb 16, 2015
"Ground Zero French Quarter"
We were there at the pique of Mardi Gras. Literally within spitting distance of everything. Floats, parades, Bourbon Street and the Warehouse District. Also vomiting college kids, huge crowds, noise, massage parlors and filth. Once you got inside the hotel, everything changed. Quiet. Solid rooms. Awesome security. Great staff. Outside- total bedlam. Not far from Bywater, the emerging SoHo or SOMA or New Orleans, the Mercedes Arena, and the airport (20 minutes door to door). 3 miles or seven minutes in a cab to Loyola and Tulane
"Mardi Gras Stay"
The hotel is in a great location on the corner of major French Quarter street of Canal, literally steps away from Bourbon St. Huge thumbs up for the hotel staff, even during the height of Mardi Gras, they were friendly, courteous & very efficient. For those of us that arrived prior to normal check in time, they stored our luggage in a secured room & let us preregister, so we could go out front to watch one of the many parades & then called us when our room was ready..which was still before the normal 3pm. For the added security of their guests, they gave each a wristband to identify who belonged in the hotel & had 24hr security in the front entrance. The room was clean & comfortable...not that we spent much time there! Would highly recommend this hotel if you want to have access to all facets of the French Quarter without being directly in the middle of the all night Bourbon Street activity. PS. Bartender made an awesome Bloody Mary..
1 night trip with friends Feb 15, 2015
"Nice hotel close to the action"
Amazing place to stay during Mardis bras. Best to ask for a room not over looking bourbon street. Nice staff and wonderful housekeeping.
michelle
It was my first time in New Orleans, we had a great time. The hotel was beautiful, clean, and near all we wanted to see.
Other trip Feb 18, 2015
"Mediocre, better options available"
very mediocre hotel. rooms not in great condition for the price. don't think i would stay there again.
Response by Astor Crowne Plaza New Orleans
We are truly sorry to know that we fell short of your expectations. I hope you will give us a second chance to show you why we have so many wonderful reviews on Hotels.com.
1 night trip with friends Feb 15, 2015
"great location in the french quarter"
i am defiantly planning on going back and would consider staying here again
Other trip Feb 17, 2015
"Crown plaza"
Everything was good but the heat didn't work in the room and the vents and tub was dirty
Other trip Feb 17, 2015
mike
"2 star place at best"
I am appalled at the rating this hotel has since my experience was 2-stars at best and makes me wonder how often Crowne Plaza reviews its locations to make sure they are up to par. Without excessive details, I will sum up the experience as follows since I think you will get the picture--cockroaches, clogged toilet, A/C not working, trash and hair on the floor in the bathroom under the vanity that were there when we came and still there 3 days later when we left. All of that and never any type of apology or anything from the staff, except for disinterest, when this was shared. The only aspect that was as I expected was that it was a good location for French Quarter attractions.
Response by Astor Crowne Plaza New Orleans
Thank you very much for your review. Please know that we are truly sorry to hear about the experience you described. Your comments will be shared with our Director of Operations to address. We hope you will give us a chance to better service you on your next visit to New Orleans.
3 night trip with friends Feb 7, 2015
"Astor Crowne Plaza - Great little place to stay"
The service staff was extremely knowledgeable and helpful. They hold your bags for you even after your stay, for free! (We tipped though on return.) I would definitely recommend the place. The hotel seems a little old - our tub had some broken porcelain and the door was warped and hard to close, but it fit our need.
1 night trip with friends Feb 11, 2015
Doug
"Great place to stay for Mardi Gras!"
Amazing place to stay for Mardi Gras! Right in the middle of everything and very clean hotel! The only thing is they give you a wrist band to enter and exit the hotel, so you cannot bring guests who are not staying with you, without paying but that was nice to not have the hotel overrun with people not staying there. Also a balcony to watch the parade on canal street! Awesome!!!
2 night trip with friends Feb 13, 2015