All hotels in New Orleans, Louisiana, United States of America
739 Canal Street, New Orleans, LA, 70130, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Parking"
The stay was amazing except for valet parking. Between the men and women valets the men were friendlier. The stay would have been nicer if the hotel had it's own actual parking garage. $217 for parking was an unexpected expense other than that enjoyed the stay.
4 night romance trip Dec 23, 2015
perfect location on corner of canal & Bournbon st . Didn't experience any noise from Bournbon . Close too the action and the trollies .
3 night family trip Dec 27, 2015
"Great value and location"
Hotel was very friendly and helpful. Was right on the corner of Bourbon and canal. Room was clean and large, facing Bourbon St. Room service forgot our breakfast order one morning but rushed it up before our tour was scheduled to leave, comped our service. Was a great value for the 3 days spent there.
3 night family trip Dec 27, 2015
Perfectly close to everything we went for on bourbon street and close to the superdome. We had a great time and was an overall great hotel.
1 night trip with friends Dec 26, 2015
Zach
"Very Pleased !"
The reviews were a bit negative so I was worried . It's a very elegant , very clean hotel . The outside entrance needs cleaning up . I would definitely stay here again for the price . VERY PLEASED !
2 night romance trip Dec 23, 2015
Rufus
Location was great but honestly you pay for location room was outdated wifi is 20 bucks extra parking was 45 bucks.Bathroom has funk in every corner also hair in tub but we only showered and slept so it added to bourbon street experience I guess.
Response by Astor Crowne Plaza New Orleans
Thank you kindly for your review and your recognition of our outstanding location. I am truly sorry to know that you were not informed about some of our fees - while we do ensure that these are listed and regularly updated on all of our booking channels, it is still the responsibility of our team to explain them to our guests again upon check-in. Please feel confident that we have addressed this internally to eliminate further confusion going forward. We're also so disappointed to hear of the housekeeping issues you unfortunately encountered; what you describe is not anywhere close to an accurate reflection of our high standards, and I apologize profusely. I do hope that we have to opportunity to serve you on a future visit so that we can provide you with the high level of service that you deserve.
1 night family trip Dec 27, 2015
frank
My only issue was the room was never cleaned during our stay so the trash was overflowing after 2 day stay.
2 night romance trip Dec 26, 2015
Angela
"Absolutely Beautiful Hotel"
Great service, Great room, Amazing location! Only down side is the cost of the parking and it's a little hard to unload and load your bags. Absolutely beautiful hotel!
1 night family trip Dec 19, 2015
NICHOLAS
"Great time in the Big Easy"
Hotel was convenient, clean and welcoming. Only complaint I would have is the valet line - It's hard to get in being right on Canal Street. We had to drive around the block and wait a bit.
4 night romance trip Dec 18, 2015
"A Mixed Bag"
The room was very cramped and aging badly. The carpets were stained and bathroom wallpaper was not in good condition. The bed was comfortable however, room service was outstanding and the staff was marvelous. The hotel is located right at the edge of the French Quarter at the head of Bourbon Street. The street cars stop right in front of the hotel and you can walk to the old historic cemeteries.
Response by Astor Crowne Plaza New Orleans
Thank you so very much for sharing your review. We're delighted to hear that you loved our location as much as we do! We really appreciate your positive comments about the outstanding service you received from room service and our hotel staff in general. Regarding the aging of your room, we are confident this will be corrected by the renovations we are now in the process of making to our guestrooms. I think you will be quite impressed with all the upcoming changes we have in store! I hope that you have the opportunity to return and enjoy all of the beautiful updates we are making for your comfort.
3 night romance trip Dec 23, 2015
Angele
Great location for everything
2 night family trip Dec 25, 2015
Yingsheng
It's a great location. Two streetcar lines have stops at the corner. Plus all of Bourbon Street is within an easy walk. It was extremely easy to get to the airport too.
5 night family trip Dec 21, 2015
"HORRIBLE SERVICE"
This was easily the worst hotel experience we have ever had. It started at check-in when they tried to give us a room with two twin beds. When we told them we had booked a king, they refused to believe us and asked us "for proof". When we showed them the proof in an email, they told us to stop having an attitude with them!!! We finally got a room with a king sized bed, but there was NO HEAT. It was very cold outside, and I had to call them (twice, because the first time they ignored us) at 3am to come fix the heat. They couldn't, so merely gave us an extra blanket and said they would fix it in the morning. We had to use body heat to get thru the night, and they never fixed it in the morning. When we complained AGAIN, they promised to fix it as soon as we got back in the evening. They said they would call us to confirm. They never called us, but told us at the front desk that it HAD been fixed. We went upstairs, and it was still blowing COLD air. They said they would switch us to a room with heat, and send a bellboy to get our things. They never sent the bellboy, and then made us wait over an hour until we got another room - and gave us attitude the entire time. The hotel itself is beautiful, but they need serious help with their management and customer service. Will never go there again.
Response by Astor Crowne Plaza New Orleans
Thank you so very much for taking the time to share your review. In spite of everything, I really appreciate your compliments about our beautiful hotel. That being said, I am so disappointed and sorry to hear of the numerous service missteps you encountered. I have forwarded your comments to our Housekeeping, Engineering and Front Desk Directors for their review and immediate action. Our Management Team is vigilant in training our staff to have an “above and beyond” attitude in all guest interactions, and I deeply apologize that you experienced such an embarrassing exception to our normally outstanding service. I do hope you will give us another opportunity to better meet your needs in the future and prove to you firsthand why we have so many great reviews on Hotels.com.
2 night romance trip Dec 18, 2015
Chloe
"Worst that the cheapest hotel"
Room wasn't clean. Shower head was in the middle of the process of being fixed or replaced, shower/tub valve was defective, carpet was extremely dirty
Response by Astor Crowne Plaza New Orleans
We very much appreciate your review. We are terribly sorry, however, to hear that you were understandably not impressed with some aspects of your guestroom. Please note that our guestrooms are currently undergoing renovation, which we are confident will address some of your concerns regarding maintenance issues. We agree, though, that there is no excuse for the level of housekeeping service you received, and your review has been forwarded to our Housekeeping Director, as well as our executive leadership team, for immediate action to be taken. We are truly so sorry that we have left you with such a poor impression of our accommodations, and please rest assured that if you do choose to give us another chance, you will notice significant improvements. We certainly hope that you will have the opportunity to visit us again in the future and experience the exciting changes that are in the works right now.
1 night family trip Dec 25, 2015
Luis
"One happy couple on a special day"
We stayed on 12-23 through 12-25 and the hotel and staff were amazing. Once they found out we were getting married there the my catered to our every need. Since we had an outside wedding planned and the forecast was calling for a lot of rain the hotel offered to let us use the stairs in the lobby to get married on. They went above and beyond to make this a memorable trip. I work highly recommended this hotel to anyone
Response by Astor Crowne Plaza New Orleans
Shelia, congratulations on your once in a lifetime occasion, and we're so beyond flattered that you chose to spend it with us. We're absolutely delighted to know that we succeeded in making your special day perfect, and thank you so much for letting us know about our job well done. We wish you and your partner the happiest of lives together, and thank you so much once again for trusting us with such an unforgettable milestone!
2 night romance trip Dec 23, 2015
shelia
"good stay"
room good. hard to valet park/check in due to entrance on busy street.
3 night romance trip Dec 18, 2015
"Nice hotel. Bad customer service and employees"
Stay was fine. Other than that fact that we were over charged for our valet parking buy double the agreed amount. And our wallet was left in the room, we called and let them know, they said they room was yet to be cleaned (mind you this was hours later). They called us back an hour later saying "nothing was found", hm funny because the next day after canceling all our credit cards my friend and I both got a notification from our banks that both of our cards had an attempt to be used... Probably not going back to this hotel. Was a good location but employees obviously not to be trusted.
Response by Astor Crowne Plaza New Orleans
Thank you for your review. I am deeply troubled to hear of your recent experience, and please know that we take all allegations of theft incredibly seriously. I have consulted with our Front Office Manager, and he unfortunately was not familiar with this event; we regret that we were not able to resolve this with you prior to your departure. Please know that we will continue to investigate this matter and ensure that serious actions are taken if it was, in fact, one of our employees. I would like to thank you for staying at the Astor Crowne Plaza, and again, we are so sorry for the poor experience you had with us.
2 night trip with friends Dec 20, 2015
Shelby
"the mouse in the house"
i was staying in room 348 the carpet is old and and not so clean looking on the final night of my stay my wife and i was watching tv and from out of nowhere a grey mouse darts across the floor my poor wife was having a panic attack my stay there was l ess than uncomfortable dont think i will stay there again
Response by Astor Crowne Plaza New Orleans
Please accept my sincerest apologies for the unsatisfactory experience you describe. We agree that there is no excuse for a guest to be checked into a poorly cleaned room, and I will address this with our Housekeeping management team to ensure it does not happen again. Your room will also be inspected immediately, and deep cleaning will be performed on the carpets. We are also so sorry for the pest that you unfortunately encountered. We are currently undergoing a renovation project to improve and enhance our property, and while it is a very exciting time for us, there are a few tradeoffs that are difficult to avoid. The activity involved in the construction has disturbed the mice and caused them to occasionally find their way in from outside. We take all allegations of pests very seriously and have been working aggressively with our reputable pest control company to combat the issue. We appreciate your feedback, and we truly regret to hear of your unpleasant time with us. We would be so grateful for another chance to welcome you back in the future and make it up to you.
3 night romance trip Dec 20, 2015
cilton
"Great stay for a romantic weekend."
My husband and myself staid here in December for our third anniversary. We where impressed with the hotel. It was decorated beautifully for Christmas. check in was convenient and fast. We valeted our car car for the 2 days we where there and enjoyed walking everywhere since everything is right there. We lucked out and got a excellent view of Canal St. Although it was quite noisy at night. Which we wouldn't have expected anything less since we where in New Orleans. I was very afraid we would not get a good view after reading previous reviews. Room was very clean and housekeeping where efficient. Only complaint is the linens where very thin and mattress is on the firm side. Check out was quite easy. We called over the phone before leaving and left keys on desk. Valet took about 10-15 min to return car. Account was charged 2 days after for valet parking. Security deposit was realized in 1 day. I would definitely stay here again.
2 night romance trip Dec 18, 2015
Brittney
"Location is all this hotel has going for them"
Great location on Bourbon and Canal Streets. Also, love the Bourbon House restaurant inside. However, the staff was unfriendly, the beds were hard as a rock, and they charge for EVERYTHING at this hotel. Found out as I was checking in that they hold out a $200 fee on your card the entire time you stay with them. Wifi is $20 a day, and even costs extra in the common areas. The included gratuity on their room service is almost half of the cost of the meals. Outrageous! They also accidentally charged my traveling companions with their overpriced city parking fees - we didn't even have a car there. They weren't very friendly about removing it either, and it was THEIR mistake. I think next trip to NOLA I'll be springing for a better hotel in the same area. May as well pay the extra money for better rooms & service than all the associated fees.
Response by Astor Crowne Plaza New Orleans
Thank you for your detailed overview of your recent stay with us. To begin on a positive note, I’m very happy to see that you loved our location as much as we do and were able to enjoy our Bourbon House. I would, however, like to apologize for the issues you experienced and the lack of customer service you received during check-out. This is not at all a reflection of our standards here, and I have communicated your feedback to our Director of Front Office so that this situation may be seriously addressed. Please also accept my apologies for the confusion regarding our policy for incidental fees. This is a standard practice in the hospitality industry, and I am sorry that our team failed to communicate this to you upon or prior to your arrival. I regret, as well, our miscommunication regarding our WiFi – please know that we do have complimentary Internet access, but we offer faster speeds at an additional price. Please also relay our apologies to your traveling companions regarding the error with being billed for parking. While I am glad to know that it was resolved, I’m very disappointed to know that you felt it was handled rudely, and please know that this will be handled appropriately within the team. Lastly, I am so sorry to hear that your room was not comfortable in regards to your bed. I am confident that had we been aware of these issues while you were here, we would have been more than happy to move you to a room that was more to your liking. This is never the type of experience we want our guests to have, and I hope that on your future travels to New Orleans, you will give us another chance to exceed your expectations.
4 night romance trip Dec 18, 2015
Janis
"Comfy Beds"
It was great beds were comfy, clean room!!! Staff was super nice! Will definitely stay there again!
1 night romance trip Dec 21, 2015
"Great hotel, terrible parking"
Everything was wonderful but the parking was terrible. You have to go down Bourbon street to get to the garage
1 night romance trip Dec 19, 2015
"Nice hotel but poor service"
This hotel doesn't live up to its name. Tge hotel was overpriced for the services that they state they provide and do not. No one picks up the phone. They have a concierge but the person isnt available. Parking is ridiculously high. Beds were hard and for the price a traveler should have a microwave and refrigerator. Elevator was broken also.
Response by Astor Crowne Plaza New Orleans
Thank you for sharing your valuable feedback. Although we strive to provide the highest caliber of service to our guests, we do miss the mark on rare occasions, and we’re very sorry that you experienced one of these exceptions. Please accept our apologies for the inconveniences you experienced due to the high volume of guest inquiries to our Front Desk and Concierge, which resulted in service that we agree is way below our standards for promptness and efficiency. Please rest assured that your comments will be reviewed by our Front Office Management team, and we will certainly provide extra training to team members as necessary. We regret to know you did not feel you received a great value with us, even given our amazing location and beautiful property. We do our very best to keep our valet prices in line with similar properties in the city. We do also apologize for your bed feeling hard, and we have shared this feedback with our maintenance team so that they can do a thorough check on all of the beds in our guestrooms. Lastly, we’re very sorry for the trouble caused by one of our elevators being out of service. Please know that this issue has since been remedied. We completely agree that the experience you describe is unacceptable, and we will ensure that all areas of concern are rectified. We hope for the opportunity to better serve you in the future, as we would really appreciate another chance to welcome you back and make this up to you.
2 night family trip Dec 19, 2015
Maderia
Perfect area to be on edge of FQ and the warehouse district/magazine street fun. Room was a little dark.... Smallest window in a hotel ever. Valet parking situation is less than ideal, if not a bit dangerous with Canal traffic.... All the employees were a fantastic.
Response by Astor Crowne Plaza New Orleans
Thank you for your sharing your feedback, and we appreciate the compliments on our location! We agree that it’s ideal for exploring New Orleans, and we’re so glad you enjoyed it. We also appreciate your recognition of our great service, and we’ll be sure to share your comments with our team. However, we’re sorry to hear that your room was a little dark and that your window was not large enough for you to enjoy the view. Please know for the future that we are always more than happy to help move a guest to a more favorable room whenever it is possible. Thank you again, and we can’t wait to welcome you back on your next visit to the area!
3 night trip with friends Dec 18, 2015
Stephen
"WOULD STAY AGAIN BUT......"
Bourbon House Restaurant is highly over rated. We put the DO NOT DISTURB out but removed it by 10:30AM but housekeeping never returned to clean that day. No frig to use.
3 night family trip Dec 18, 2015
JMicheal
"Great Stay!"
Fantastic location, great service, nice rooms - hope to stay here again!!
1 night family trip Dec 20, 2015
Jamie
"Billing problem"
Room was great but I was charged twice for the room
1 night romance trip Dec 18, 2015
"Try out the place, you won'the be disappointed"
Always meets or exceeds my expectations
2 night romance trip Dec 15, 2015
stephen
"Great location and hotel!"
The hotel is in an excellent location! Right next to Bourbon Street. Most of the staff was warm and welcoming; however, one member of the front desk team did not treat us warmly or with respect. During check-in he made me wait until he was finished his conversation with a coworker before helping me. The rooms were great, but housekeeping could have been a little better. Our beds were made every day and a few fresh towels were supplied, but that is about it. Other than those two things, it was a great experience and I would stay at the hotel again!
3 night family trip Dec 13, 2015
Staying in this hotel was very comfortable. It is very near to all atraction so of the city.
1 night romance trip Dec 9, 2015
Chandra
"Great loc.,wonderful staff- subpar workout room"
Wonderful staff and location! Only negative was workout facilities: plenty of free weights and nice ellipticals, however 4 of 5 treadmills were not working. Other than- lovely decor! Stayed on 9th floor.
4 night trip with friends Dec 10, 2015
Stacy
"Nice, but service a little lacking."
A beautiful hotel, great area but we asked housekeeping to leave towels and coffee (no need to clean) but we got nothing. Called for luggage service, waited 20 minutes (while our car sat in the valet zone) and finally hauled it down ourselves. $50. a day for parking seemed a bit high.
2 night trip with friends Dec 10, 2015
"Second time to stay and still love it!"
This is my second time to stay at the Astor Crowne Plaza and both stays exceeded my expectation. The lobby is lovely, the hallways including carpet and paint are fresh and clean and the rooms are as well. The beds are extremely comfortable and room was plenty spacious. The concierge and front desk were always pleasant and helpful and being able to leave our bags prior to check in was greatly appreciated since we arrived 5 hours prior to check in time. The location for me is perfect since I enjoy visiting the Garden District, Warehouse district as well as French Quarter & Marigny and it sits right in the middle. Also having the streetcars at essentially the doorstep is extremely appreciated. Especially when taking a trip to City Park & Audobon Park
2 night trip with friends Dec 12, 2015
Kistian
Room was plenty big enough but beds were a little to firm for me
1 night trip with friends Dec 12, 2015
"Won't be back"
This hotel is in serious need of some remodeling/upgrading (as far as rooms go - the lobby is great). We had issues with housekeeping everyday of our stay for our anniversary. Having someone's dirty linens in our bathroom upon checkin isn't a great way to start your weekend, and neither is having those same dirty linens in your room two days later after reporting it to the front desk 4 times. We were finally offered an upgrade at 7 pm the night before we checked out, which was sort of a nice gesture but we weren't even in the room to enjoy it.
Response by Astor Crowne Plaza New Orleans
Please accept our sincerest apologies regarding your recent visit. Your experience is not at all acceptable by our standards, and we are so sorry that we failed to make your anniversary celebration into a wonderful memory. I can assure you that we have addressed your valued feedback with our housekeeping team, as we agree that there is no excuse for any of our guests to receive sub-par service or unclean accommodations. We are excited to share that we are currently undergoing renovation of our guestrooms, which we feel confident will address your feedback on how your room could use some updates. I do hope you will reconsider a return visit in the future to enjoy all of the exciting improvements that are upcoming. Thank you for sharing your feedback and for choosing us as your host.
3 night romance trip Dec 10, 2015
Good experience
2 night business trip Dec 11, 2015
Greg W
"Not a bad place to stay"
Perfect place to stay if going to Bourbon St
1 night romance trip Dec 12, 2015
Shayne
"Works for a weekday..."
We were there during the week. So, the hotel was calm. Despite the reviews, we experienced great service. The hotel was a little run down however. One of the legs of our TV stand was broken and replaced with a block of wood...
Response by Astor Crowne Plaza New Orleans
Thank you very much for your review and for recognizing our great service! We do apologize for the issue with your TV stand, and we are excited to share that our hotel is currently undergoing a renovation of all of its guestrooms. We are confident that this will result in a beautifully upgraded property, and we do hope you have the opportunity to return in the future and enjoy all of the exciting new improvements that await.
2 night romance trip Dec 9, 2015
"GREAT"
ENJOYED
1 night romance trip Dec 11, 2015
Stacey
"Overall pretty good"
Beautiful Hotel. AC had problems and the pay for parking Not ideal. Very nice staff!
1 night romance trip Dec 10, 2015
Christina
"Never again!"
What a terrible experience. First room they put us in had an extremely dirty bathroom and basically felt like a dungeon... we switched rooms immediately. The second room was a little bit of a step up except the next morning, the bathroom sink started filling up with brown, sewage water while we were trying to get ready in there. You can imagine the smell that consumed the entire hotel room within minutes. We were livid! Couldn't even get ready for the day because the room they were moving us to (mind you, we are now heading to our third room in a 2-night stay) wasn't going to be ready until 1pm that day. The icing on the cake was being told my the manager that we would refund your stay, but oh wait... you booked through a third party so we can't refund you. WHAT? I will never stay at this hotel ever again and I will never book through Hotels.com ever again. The hotel has no control to make up for the horrible experience because it was booked through this website. So disappointing.
Response by Astor Crowne Plaza New Orleans
We are indeed truly sorry to hear about your experience, and I completely understand your frustrations. The issue regarding the sewage water is a completely rare occurrence for us, and we are frankly horrified to know that this happened to you. Please rest assured that our management and maintenance teams are already investigating this with urgency to ensure that any plumbing issues are remedied thoroughly. Please know that we did everything we could to try and make this up to you, and we are very sorry to know that we failed. I cannot apologize enough, and I do hope you will reconsider staying with us in the future so that we can provide you with the exceptional service and experience you deserve.
2 night romance trip Dec 11, 2015
"Great stay!!"
Great stay! We stayed here last year during the holiday season too and hotel and service were consistently great. Brand new carpet in our room...it still had the 'new carpet smell'. Price was very good for the location. We will definately stay here again!
2 night family trip Dec 9, 2015
superb, great location for the french quarter and cablecar
2 night family trip Dec 9, 2015
stephen
"great location!"
The bed hard and lumpy, all else great!
2 night romance trip Dec 9, 2015
"NOLA & the Astor Crown Plaza"
We had a great time! You can access the trolley right in front of the hotel. Parking was VERY expensive $45+ for the day. The staff was quite friendly & the beds were comfortable! Rooms were quiet! Well worth it!
1 night trip with friends Dec 10, 2015
Katherine
"Butler was satisfied"
Great location walking distance
1 night business trip Dec 10, 2015
Allen
"Parking loophole."
The stay at the hotel was very nice and exceptionally convenient. The only drawback to the entire stay was the parking. A 2 day stay was $171.00 for the valet parking. Beware!
2 night romance trip Dec 6, 2015
Cindy
I woke up with bed bug bites. It's been 4 days and I still it hand have welts from the bites all over my body. For such an expensive hotel, this is unexceptionable.
Response by Astor Crowne Plaza New Orleans
We were most distressed to read your review, and thank you for alerting us to this issue. As we all know, the bed bug epidemic is nationwide, and New Orleans is not exempt from this issue. The Astor Crowne Plaza Hotel takes all allegations or concerns of bed bugs with the utmost urgency and seriousness. Immediate action is taken by our third party pest control company, Orkin, as soon as there is any question of whether an infestation is present. Please know that we are doing everything possible on our end to conduct a thorough investigation, and if this allegation is true, the problem will be extinguished immediately. Thank you again.
3 night trip with friends Dec 4, 2015
Robin
"Convenience or sleep"
You have a choice. Convenience to the French Quarter, Bourbon Street, and transportation OR the ability to sleep at night. If you are facing the Canal Street side of the hotel, then the street noise is a boiler factory until around 2:30 AM, 4:00 AM on the weekend. You hear street cars, traffic honking, people letting the good times roll, drunks screaming obscenities late into the night, and, at 7:00 AM, a street preacher yelling appropriate hellfire and damnation into a bull horn. Of course, if YOU are out until the early morning drinking heavily and partying hearty, then none of this matters. Other than that, the hotel is efficient, clean, attractive, and a good value.
Response by Astor Crowne Plaza New Orleans
Thank you for posting your comments. Please don’t ever feel that you have to sacrifice your comfort while our guest. New Orleans is a lively city, but we are always glad to accommodate the guest that simply needs a quieter area of the hotel. Had you made your dissatisfaction known to our Front Desk, we would have happily moved you to a higher, quieter floor. Always know that your comfort and satisfaction are our primary concerns. We very much appreciate your recognizing our attractive hotel and its good value. It is our hope to have you back in the future for a much more relaxing visit.
5 night romance trip Dec 1, 2015
Hewitt
The staff was exceptionally nice. Very good value for the location.
1 night family trip Dec 2, 2015