All hotels in New Orleans, Louisiana, United States of America
739 Canal StreetNew OrleansLA70130United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

Quite clean
    Room is not nice
    Bad breakfast
Was there for a concert and to hit bourbon street. Right on the corner super convenient.
1 night trip Feb 28, 2016
Jimmie
"Astor Stay"
Check in was great. Friendly front desk staff. Our room was on the 10th floor, not a great view but I was able to see the Mississippi River in the distance. The walls were VERY thin. I could hear everyone passing by us and I could everyone in their rooms when we were walking through the hallways.
1 night family trip Feb 28, 2016
Granesha
"Terrible service!"
We stayed at this hotel for 5 days! The customer service was horrible. Desk assistants were disrespectful, including shift manager. The rooms were unkempt, carpets were stained and old! Walls dirty with blood stains on them. House keeping refused to service our room for 3 days after multiple calls to the front desk. The front of the hotel was occupied by homeless people day and night. There were fights in the front which mad it seemed quite unsafe to transition in and out! Overall, I was disappointed in the service provided for this kind of hotel and money spend.
Response by Astor Crowne Plaza New Orleans
Dear Traveler, Thank you for your honesty in letting us know how we failed you in this particular instance. We are incredibly sad and concerned to hear about the experience you had with us – the level of housekeeping service you describe is completely unacceptable, and please be assured that this rare exception to the norm has been discussed seriously within our management team. We’re also so sorry that you experienced poor service from our Front Desk Agents, and I have forwarded your comments to the Director of Front Office to be addressed as well. I would also like to apologize for the situations you experienced outside of the hotel. Many major US cities struggle with homelessness, and unfortunately, New Orleans is no exception. We strive to find a balance between respecting these members of our community while still keeping our guests safe. Please be aware that had we known about the fights you witnessed outside, we surely would have done everything possible to assist in resolving the situation. We thank you again for your feedback, and we hope that you will consider giving us another chance in the future. Best Regards,
4 night family trip Feb 28, 2016
"Great room, great location but HORRIBLE SERVICE"
The hotel room was nice but the service was absolutely horrible. No one seemed to know what was going on. The only helpful person was Dontrail- The bellman. I just found out my credit card that was left on file for incidentals was charged for parking. I paid for parking when I checked out of the hotel on my debit card. You had to show your parking receipt to get your car from valet service so this is not okay.
Response by Astor Crowne Plaza New Orleans
Dear Laura., Thanks for your comments – I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed your room accommodations! I’m very disappointed, though, to see that you did not receive the high caliber of service for which we are known, with the except of our associate Dontrail. I have forwarded this comment to his supervisor so that he may receive proper recognition for being a shining star during your experience. I am so sorry as well for the mix-up with parking charges, and our accounting department will be researching this incident to try and find out what may have gone wrong. On your next visit to New Orleans, we hope you will once again choose the Astor as your host. We would love the chance to make a more positive impression on you!
1 night romance trip Feb 29, 2016
Our hotel stay was outstanding. Very nice location to the French quarter and Burbon street was our back yard doing this trip.
Response by Astor Crowne Plaza New Orleans
Nina, thanks so much for sharing about your great experience! We're delighted to know we accommodated you so well, and we really appreciate you taking a minute to share. We hope for the pleasure of welcoming you back again very soon!
1 night romance trip Feb 29, 2016
nina
This is the second time we stayed at the Crowne Plaza within a year. They have done a bit of a remodel on the rooms which was a great improvement. We were pleased. CP is also one of the only hotels in NO that has 2 queen sized beds in guest rooms. That is a nice feature if traveling with friends. Overall we were pleased with the hotel.
2 night family trip Feb 25, 2016
Beth
"Not about the Room!!!"
I did not get what I booked for. I booked a King with a view and got double beds with no voew then was moved and got the King but a view of the roof top of the next building.
3 night romance trip Feb 24, 2016
Great location, right on the corner of Bourbon and Canal. The address says Canal Street but there are entrances to the Hotel from Bourbon also. Only drawback was that our room was close to an elevator shaft and the rumbling noise from the elevator woke us earlier than we hoped. Request a room away from the elevators!
1 night romance trip Feb 26, 2016
"Convention"
For its location right on burbon street it was a very quiet room.
3 night business trip Feb 22, 2016
"Enjoyable stay"
The room was attractively set up with a comfortable bed and we had a nice night view. The staff were friendly and responsive. Being adjacent to the French Quarter made it easy walking without being kept up by noisy revelers. We've stayed in New Orleans quite a few times and felt this was one of the best rooms we've had for the price paid.
1 night romance trip Feb 17, 2016
Robert Steven
"Astor Crown Plaza for Mardi Gras."
My wife and I have stayed at the Astor Crowne Plaza the last 6 years for Mardi Gras. Prior to it being absorbed by the Crowne Plaza chain, it was more "Mardi Gras friendly". "The Astor" used to be all decorated for Mardi Gras and the hotels atmosphere matched that of the entire city. Now the only way you can tell it's Mardi Gras inside the hotel is you have to wear a wristband. The staff doesn't seem thrilled to be there and some are just rude. It's a nice clean hotel, but Canal Street is popular to scammers, homeless, and undesirables. The hotel should have security outside. After an obvious lack of Carnival Spirit the last four visits, my wife and I plan to stay at a different hotel for future New Orleans visits. It's sad, new Orleans is our most travelled to destination and "The Astor Hotel" was our home away from home. "The Astor Crowne Plaza is just not the same.
Response by Astor Crowne Plaza New Orleans
Dear Jeffrey, Thank you for your honesty, and please know we read your review with such disappointment. We certainly value your loyalty and would love to remain your hotel of choice for your Mardi Gras celebrations – we’re so sorry that you felt we were less festive than usual this year. We’ll certainly be addressing your comments with our leadership team, as this is never how we want our guests to feel with us, especially during New Orleans’ most happy and exciting time. We’ll be addressing your comments with our staff as well regarding their attitude, as it is completely unacceptable for any of our team members to have been rude. We truly hope you will reconsider and give us another chance next year to provide you with the Mardi Gras experience you’ve enjoyed with us so many times in the past.
6 night trip with friends Feb 5, 2016
Jeffrey
The room was quiet and the bed was comfortable. The location was great.
Response by Astor Crowne Plaza New Orleans
Dear Margie, Thanks for your comments. I am happy that you enjoyed our location and found your room to be comfortable and quiet! However, I’m very sad that you were not totally satisfied with our hotel based on your rating. I hope that the next time you return to New Orleans, you will choose us once again and give us another chance to provide a fully perfect experience.
1 night romance trip Feb 17, 2016
Margie
"The edge of the Quarter"
We love staying at the Astor. It's on the edge of the French Quarter which means we can experience the nightlife and exit the quarter when we feel like relaxing. The rooms are clean and relatively quiet. The fact that it houses the Bourbon House is a great reason to choose the Astor!
3 night romance trip Feb 17, 2016
Zane
The hotel was central to bourbon street as well as french quarters. nly thing I did not like about this hotel is you have no microwave and you have to purchase a fridge for 25$ for your stay on top of a extremly high rate already.
Response by Astor Crowne Plaza New Orleans
Dear Angela, Thank you for your comments. I’m happy to see that you love our location as much as we do! However, I’m disappointed that you did not appreciate our nominal fees for refrigerators and microwaves. Please know that we do our best to list these details wherever possible, and we’re so sorry that you were unaware of the fees prior to your arrival. On your next visit to New Orleans, please consider giving us another chance to impress you.
2 night romance trip Feb 17, 2016
Angela
"nice hotel; slow service"
had to wait 20 minutes for maintenance to send someone to get air conditioning to work. valet service was very slow- 20 minute wait
Response by Astor Crowne Plaza New Orleans
Layne, thank you for taking a minute to share your thoughts and for your overall positive rating. We do apologize for the wait you experienced with our maintenance team, and we'll be addressing this with them to see what may have gone wrong. We are happy, at least, that they were able to resolve this issue for you to make sure the rest of your stay was comfortable! We appreciate our guests' patience and understanding of the fact that traffic in New Orleans can be very challenging, and our valet team does its absolute best to offer the fastest and most efficient service possible. We thank you again, and we very much hope to welcome you back in the future!
1 night trip with friends Feb 18, 2016
layne
"Nice place to crash for the night."
Room was super small and beds were hard. Service was friendly and location was great, but I wish I could have used the pool. It was nice having the onesite bar.
1 night trip with friends Feb 17, 2016
Marie
"Rowdy at the Quarter"
Way too busy and chaotic for me. Fire truck and ambulance when I arrived. Couldn't get parked and had to drive into the crazy French Quarter to self park. Fire drill after midnight the next night. Bands and such on Bourbon street right outside-which was fun for a little while. But that charm wore thin after midnight. Ice machine, vending, and lobby right outside the door didn't help either. Tried to get re-roomed but couldn't reach the front desk by phone. Always a line at the desk. The room was nice but overall I would have enjoyed it much more as a drunken bachelor than a business traveler.
Response by Astor Crowne Plaza New Orleans
Dear Charles, Thank you for your feedback and for staying with us during your recent trip to New Orleans. I’m very disappointed to hear that our lively location was a little too chaotic for you – we can certainly understand your frustration, and we regret that the fire alarm incident contributed to what was already turning out to be a negative experience for you. We’re also so sorry that you found it hard to get in touch with our front desk, and we’ll certainly be speaking to them to see if additional training is needed to prevent this for the future. We hope that you’ll consider giving us another chance someday to welcome you back and accommodate you with a much quieter location of the hotel, and a more relaxing experience overall. Best Regards,
3 night business trip Feb 10, 2016
"Many Challenges, But the Manager Was Understanding"
Our stay started off quite rocky. We were initially placed in an older part of he hotel. The room had cracks and holes in the wall and was quite small. It was not worth the money. When the toilet overflowed, maintenance was called. The gentleman came and looked in the bathroom, said he saw nothing wrong and left the mess. After speaking with the employee at the front desk, he decided to change our room to a newer part of the hotel. We packed our things and headed to the new room to find that someone had already been assigned to the room. We pulled all of our things back to the front desk where the employee started helping us and then mid-conversation, moved to another customer. Finally, the manager came and got us squared away. He ended up comping us a night and provided a credit for the restaurant. The newer part of the hotel has beautiful, spacious rooms that were more like what would be expected of this brand. Unfortunately, we discovered that the room wasn't very clean...food was left on the bedding despite the fact that we never ate in the room. Once again, we were sent to a different room. All in all, the stay ended up being okay, and I would stay in the hotel again...it was right after Mardi Gras, so perhaps it was just an overwhelming week. The managers certainly attempted to compensate us for the multiple inconveniences.
Response by Astor Crowne Plaza New Orleans
Dear Latasha, Thank you for providing us with your feedback regarding your stay with us. I would first like to apologize for the problems you faced with your first room in our Alexa tower; I have forwarded these comments to our Director of Engineering so that similar incidents with the plumbing are more successfully prevented. We are also so sorry about the confusion that took place when you were moved to your different room; it is so unlike us to send our guests to an occupied room, and we appreciate your understanding of the fact that this was a rare mistake. However, I am pleased to know that our manager ultimately turned all of these problems around by delivering such a high level of service and care. I have also spoken to our Director of Housekeeping so that the cleanliness issues you faced may be addressed with our entire Housekeeping team. Thank you again, and I am so happy to see that you would return back to our property in the future! We certainly look forward to welcoming you back for an even better experience the next time around. Best Regards, Micah J. Landry
4 night business trip Feb 9, 2016
Latasha
"Clean Hotel and great location!!"
Location, friendly staff and clean room!
2 night romance trip Feb 13, 2016
"Overall great stay BUT!!!!"
Everything was awesome EXCEPT the room was 76 degrees at nite no matter what we did to the thermostat. One employee told us the room unit was blocked and controlled by the overall hotel. WE COULD NOT SLEEP because of the temp. heard several others complained also. We actually had to open door when possible at nite. Daytime temp was fine. BTW, have stayed here many times and not had this issue.
1 night trip with friends Feb 8, 2016
Jack
This hotel is a great place to stay if you want to be super close to Bourbon street. Very convenient.
3 night trip with friends Feb 4, 2016
Heat wasnt working.. mice in hotel, unclean pillow cases
Response by Astor Crowne Plaza New Orleans
Dear Monica, Thank you for providing your feedback regarding your recent stay at our property. I would like to sincerely apologize that the heat was not working properly during your stay. It is also not up to our high standards to provide our guests with unclean pillow cases, so we’re very sorry about that as well. I have forwarded your comments to our Director of Housekeeping so that the situation may be addressed and prevented for the future. Also, we do apologize for the mouse that you observed in the hotel. Unfortunately during winter time, the mice outside get very cold, and they sometimes find their way in for the comfort of a warm hiding place. Like all other hotels struggling with this issue, we are doing our best to keep them out and remove them when they do end up inside. We appreciate you alerting us to this incident, and please rest assured we’ll be following up with our pest control company. We hope that the next time you are in New Orleans, you will give the Astor another chance to fully impress you.
2 night family trip Feb 7, 2016
MONICA
"Overall Fair Stay"
The location is on the corner of Bourbon St & Canal St. It's great if that's your thing. Tub held a little water during a shower. No microwave, No fridge in room. Had to pay extra$$ for it. Other than that, it was a fair stay.
Response by Astor Crowne Plaza New Orleans
Dear Traveler, Thanks for your review of your recent experience at the Astor. I hope that you enjoyed our location as much as we do, especially during Mardi Gras! I’m very sorry to hear about the problems you had with your shower, and it’s disappointing to know that some aspects of the hotel did not meet your expectations. During your next visit, please give us another chance to welcome you back and deliver a truly phenomenal New Orleans experience. Best Regards!
2 night trip with friends Feb 4, 2016
"Location Location Location"
Very nice/clean hotel. Great location for hanging out on Bourbon Street and walking around French Quarters.You can park your vehicle and be done. We even walked to the Smoothie King Center for the game.
Evette
The ac was broken, called and complain twice. maintenance guy came and said the air would be on in 45 mins to an hour. It never did. Upon checking out I inform the the front desk about me not being happy with my stay. She told me she was sorry and there was nothing else she could do.
Response by Astor Crowne Plaza New Orleans
Dear Marcie, Thank you for your comments about your recent stay with us. Please accept our apologies for the maintenance issues you encountered with your AC; we agree it is not acceptable to have to deal with problems like this, and especially not acceptable that our maintenance team did not follow up with you to remedy it. I have forwarded your comments to our Chief Engineer so that the incident may be addressed. I have also notified our Director of Front Office about the response you received about this incident so that we may provide re-coaching on ways to appropriately handle situations like this. We thank you for choosing us as your host in New Orleans, and if you decide return to our city in the future, please give us another chance to demonstrate our true quality of service.
Marcie
Our stay was great bc of the location, i just was not aware of the room being so small.
Alexis
"Great Location and Service"
Perfect location for seeing the French Quarter. Easy to drive to and utilize the efficient valet parking. We had a nicely updated room in the tower. A maintenance worker came to the room to enable the air conditioning for us as it had shut off. Very helpful and courteous.
2 night trip with friends Feb 2, 2016
"Mardis Gras get-a-way!"
When we arrived, we were not greeted in the way you would expect from a fancy downtown hotel in New Orleans. The front desk clerk was not very customer service oriented or pleasant, probably due to the Mardis Gras crowd coming in and out all over the place. The room was good at best, supposedly updated, but not what you would expect from the finer hotels we have stayed in over the last 2 years or traveling. It was in a prime location on the corner of Canal and Bourbon streets, so it was perfect for Mardis Gras. We will definitely stay somewhere else though if we go next time.
Response by Astor Crowne Plaza New Orleans
Dear Lance, Thank you for your feedback after your stay with us and for choosing us as your host for Mardi Gras. I am so sad to see that you were greeted with poor customer service upon your arrival to our hotel. I have forwarded your comments to the Director of Front Desk so that he may have a conversation with the front desk agents regarding this exception you experienced to our normally top-tier levels of hospitality. I would also like to apologize that you were not completely satisfied with the updates we’ve recently made to our property. However, I am happy you did love our amazing location, and we hope that you will reconsider giving us another chance to impress you in the future.
2 night romance trip Feb 5, 2016
Lance
"Weird and wonderful"
Wonderfully intense street life but safe and lovely in the hotel proper, what more could one want? Hoboes? Yep. Fancy expensive people? Yep. Great room service breakfasts as well!
1 night trip Feb 3, 2016
"Awesome deal"
You must select the updated rooms!!! Our wing was newly remodeled and it was perfect! Great location really nice staff and great room
3 night family trip Feb 1, 2016
Travis
"Shady but beautiful"
Adored the location and my room was lovely. No mini fridge but one mostly ate out anyway. Fabulously shady street, Canal, but I loved it! The hotel staff did a great job of keeping out anyone not staying at the hotel. Beautiful building and interior. Definitely recommend!
3 night trip Jan 31, 2016
"Right on Mardi Gras Parade Route"
Mardi Gras stay that was great. Front desk staff were quick, kind, and knowledgeable. We have plans to book the same hotel for next year's festivities.
Cody
"Newlins"
Very nice hotel for location and interior condition-room. The staff was very friendly even though Mardi Gras parade made their jobs more demanding. If you like Bourbon street then this is the place to stay.
2 night business trip Jan 31, 2016
"Very nice"
All very good. To be picky. Ac cent on side wall blowing on head all night. And little noisy. Hotel is really nice lobby and antique building made them install Ac I units this way. Covering vent with towel. Fixed issue
Charlie
"Astor Crowne Plaza New Orleans"
excellent. one night stay for the Mardi-Gras parades. Can't find better spot.
Moshe
"mardi gras soccer tourney retreat"
we were there for a soccer tournament and decided to come early to explore pre mardi gras...it was great
2 night trip with friends Jan 27, 2016
jayneen
Air Conditioning didn't work that well. This is the second time I have stayed there in the past 6 months and it didn't work well the other time either.
1 night trip with friends Jan 30, 2016
"NICE PEOPLE. .the room needed more accessories"
the stay Was wonderful BUT THE ROOM HAD NO Table N only 1 chair an plenty of room to have a little table N chair.
Response by Astor Crowne Plaza New Orleans
We very much appreciate your comments. I am terribly sorry that your room was not furnished to your satisfaction. We are excited to share that our guestrooms are currently undergoing renovation, which will result in updated accommodations for all future guests to enjoy. I hope that you have the opportunity to return soon so that you may experience all of the wonderful improvements we have made!
1 night trip with friends Jan 28, 2016
Courtney
"Don't stay here"
Most horrible hotel stay I've ever had!
Response by Astor Crowne Plaza New Orleans
We very much appreciate your comments. While we are unsure of what may have gone wrong during your stay, this is certainly never the reaction we are hoping for. We’re so sorry to know that we failed to deliver the wonderful experience that you deserve as a valued guest.
1 night family trip Jan 23, 2016
"Fun"
Great location!
2 night trip with friends Jan 22, 2016
Don't charge for wifi on the bill and then take it off when a call is made regarding charge
1 night trip with friends Jan 25, 2016
theresa
"good location bad quality of room"
we booked a king size bed and showed up and were booked for two twins, they put us in a king size bed in the old section of the hotel. It was small and loud from the streets and the hallway, as well as dirty. we complained and were moved to the new section and it was quiter, bigger and cleaner.
Response by Astor Crowne Plaza New Orleans
We very much appreciate your comments. I am glad to know that we were able to move you to accommodations that were much more to your satisfaction. However, it is concerning to hear about the cleanliness issues you describe, and please rest assured that these comments have been shared with our management team for their investigation. As you may have noticed, the hotel is currently undergoing renovation of its guestrooms, which we are confident will result in wonderfully updated accommodations for all of our future guests. We would welcome the chance for your return so that you can experience all of the many improvements that are in the works!
4 night romance trip Jan 21, 2016
Brent
"Fantastic, but needs a fridge"
Rooms should have a mini fridge to put away the great food from the area to enjoy while recovering from the night life
1 night romance trip Jan 24, 2016
Misty
"gd stay"
It was an overnt stay passing thru. Rt on canal st in the middle of everything. Good stay
1 night trip Jan 21, 2016
jaunene
Thought that we had gotten a great rate until we had to pay $41 for valet parking a day. The parking garage is behind the hotel which is scary at night. There were so many homeless beggars. Made a bad choice to ride the streetcar at night. They let a woman on begging for money who ended up punching a man in the face that didn't help her. It was not a wise choice on our part.
Response by Astor Crowne Plaza New Orleans
Thank you for sharing, Kathy - we're happy that your stay was positive enough to warrant four stars! We do apologize, though, that you were taken aback by our parking fees. We ensure that these are listed on our booking channels and that we keep them fair for our area. We're also sorry to hear about the unruly behavior you witnessed - please know that our team is always available to help in the rare event that a guest feels threatened or unsafe. Again, thank you, and we do hope you'll give us another try on your next return to New Orleans.
1 night business trip Jan 20, 2016
"A little maintenance is imperative!"
3 of the 4 elevators were broken for the entire 24 hours we were there. I told the front desk the first night and they seemed unaware. Wasn't fixed by the time we left the next morning. Our shower on the 3rd floor was room temperature at best. Our friends shower on the 6th floor was either too hot or off. Despite some exception management of the situation by the loading/unloading staff, the single, small pickup/dropoff area on Canal St was a pain. Stayed here because friends were already booked, but I normally stay up the street. Adequate, but there are better options.
1 night family trip Jan 23, 2016
"Date night with hubby"
Can not beat the location ...it is on the corner of Canal St. and Bourbon st.....it even has a balcony to go and view the beginning of Bourbon Street!!!!
1 night trip Jan 23, 2016
Cindy
Great staff, great service.
2 night trip with friends Jan 17, 2016
Don
Great hotel staff. Prompt service when needed.
2 night trip with friends Jan 17, 2016
Don
"Great room and stay."
Great room but lack of a fridge was inconvenient. We were only staying one night and checked in late. Found street parking right across the street. Parking meters are not active from 7pm to 8am and have a 2 hour max when active so if you do not mind getting up at 8am to feed the meter until checkout, it is an option. The location was excellent as it was right near all of the Bourbon St. action.
1 night romance trip Jan 20, 2016