All hotels in Venice, California, United States of America

• Bar and Beverages
    Bar is awesome
    Great room
    Bad pool
"Awesome Place to Stay for a nice getaway"
I enjoyed my stay. Hotel staff was wonderful.Every employee that I came in contact with was exceptionally pleasant. They gave me a room upgrade (for free)with an ocean front view. I will definitely be staying there in the future. I enjoyed the rooftop lounge/bar great views!!
1 night romance trip Sep 5, 2015
Tiana
"Just Okay"
Something cheap on the beach.
1 night romance trip Aug 31, 2015
Cindy
"OVERPRICED & NOT GREAT"
Very overpriced. $450 for a small, basic room that overlooked a gross alley.
1 night trip with friends Aug 21, 2015
jennifer
"Nice."
Nice people, fun area.
4 night family trip Aug 18, 2015
"Lost my laundry"
This hotel is fine but they lost my laundry and I had nothing to wear for the conference I flew to LA to attend. Took them way too long to realize the problem and fix it. Stay away.
2 night business trip Aug 17, 2015
Benjamin
"Gem in Venice Beach"
I searched a long time for just the right spot on Venice Beach because I was visiting with my two young adult aged daughters. I wanted them to experience the Pacific Coast, the Peirs, the shopping and eateries of Venice Beach and Santa Monica. The Erwin was more than I expected and I will definitely return to again! The staff was so helpful and friendly, the room was clean and comfortable. The restaurant and rooftop bar was amazing!!! I can't say enough about this place except to highly recommend it!
Other trip Aug 19, 2015
My daughter wanted her first CA experience to include Venice Beach, so we chose this hotel based on it's close proximity to the boardwalk, and this hotel was definitely a unique choice. The rooms have a funky decor, and are very clean, the boardwalk is literally downstairs, and the beach is about a block away (this is about as close to the beach as you can get in this area!.). Pricing of the rooms was a bit salty, but was comparable to other hotels in the area, and we were thrilled to have our room upgraded to an ocean view! The balconies are tiny, but a fantastic benefit of this property. Staff was courteous and quick to get our car out of the garage for us. The fact that they had a parking garage was a huge plus, as many hotels I looked at offered street parking only. It was also included in the cost of our room, which is almost unheard of in any large city we've traveled to! The trip to LAX was about 20-30 minutes (6 miles away I believe), but that's because of the large amount of traffic we encountered on our way out of town. The only aspect I didn't particularly enjoy was that the area doesn't feel very safe after all of the shops close up at night (around 9), but that speaks for the area, and not the hotel. There is a lounge up on the 6th floor for adults, but as I was traveling with a child, was not appropriate for us. Overall, if we were to stay in this area again, we would definitely stay in this hotel!
2 night family trip Aug 2, 2015
"Hotel Erwin came through for us!"
Family came for a water polo tournament and had booked a reservation at a different hotel with Expedia. Upon check-in, we were told Expedia had oversold the hotel. After two hours on the phone with Expedia getting nowhere and having no hotel room, I booked Hotel Erwin with hotels.com. Upon check-in, Jeffrey warmly greeted us and upgraded our room after discussing the frustration from earlier in the evening. Hotel was great - very comfortable, incredible location. Great ocean view. My wife and I have already talked about coming back for another stay.
1 night family trip Aug 1, 2015
Justin
"Very modern, eco friendly, and clean hotel."
Staff is great, rooftop lounge to see the sunset. One block from the borewalk and beach!
Other trip Jul 30, 2015
Johnny
"Best hotel view for the price"
We were on the 6th floor. It was a South Ocean view room. I've never seen a view like that for the price.
3 night romance trip Jul 22, 2015
Justin
excellent! in the heart of venice; perfect location. Last day of our honeymoon and we received an upgrade and bottle of champagne.
1 night romance trip Jul 23, 2015
Domenic
"Close to the beach"
It was great.. hotel staff was friendly and attentive to the details.
Other trip Jul 25, 2015
Stayed at the Hotel Erwin for a night after two nights in West Hollywood. Let me start by saying the good, the staff was very friendly and helpful. The not so good was the room. The bed was uncomfortable, the walls are paper thin and the room was dirty. All not long you could hear the people above and in the hallway walking and talking. I would not stay there again, especially for the price.
1 night romance trip Jul 19, 2015
"Best hotel experience."
It was my first time spending a night in Venice by myself, the hotel Erwin made me feel so comfortable and safe. Coming back to this place every time I'm free now. Thank you
1 night trip Jul 2, 2015
Niramon
"Too expensive"
Too expensive
1 night romance trip Jul 2, 2015
Got up before the restaurant was open complaining upon checkout about long day of travel ahead. The staff ran into the bar and retrieved a fresh cup of coffee a few minutes later as I waited for my cab. Including extra trip for sugar and cream. So impressively kind.
1 night business trip Jul 1, 2015
Lori
"Totally overpriced, dated hotel behind the shops"
On the beach, with a view to nasty parking lot behind beach shops. 3rd floor looks like the 80s with gloomy colors. Horrible ugly couch and dirty carpets. Bed was ok and comfortable however. Simply put there a plenty of choices in the neighborhood, all overpriced considering the rough ugly parts behind the never ending beach shops. One old clunky elevator, that averages 1+ minute before going or down. This was my 4th stay at Venice beach. If you like cleaner rooms, stay elsewhere..
Other trip Jun 30, 2015
Rmx101
"Great spot"
Spent 4 nights at Erwin. This place is great if you want to be in the thick of the action. Rooftop bar 2 minutes from the strand. I would highly recommend if you want a hip trendy party spot. Not quiet, but what I wanted...
4 night family trip Jun 19, 2015
denis
"Nice hotel close to the beach"
A very nice, clean, appropriately priced hotel very close to Venice Beach. Excellent accommodations, including a nice shower, but the bed was too soft.
Other trip Jun 23, 2015
Javier
"Great location and service!"
Stayed for just one night. If you're looking for a place to stay in Venice, you can't go wrong with Hotel Erwin. The location is unbelievable and the service is really, really good as well. Just don't bring your car--parking overnight is very expensive!
1 night romance trip Jun 19, 2015
ajay
"Unique Hotel - Great Atmosphere and Close to Beach"
We really enjoyed your stay at Hotel Erwin! They upgraded us to a room on the sixth floor that had a balcony with a beautiful view! When we told them we were celebrating our one year anniversary, they sent up a bottle of wine for us to enjoy! Loved this personal touch. Great size rooms, bathrooms, and loved our balcony! We also loved that their rooftop bar, however drinks are very pricey and the tables are always reserved - still a nice addition and great views. There was construction/reservations on our floor, which made sleeping in a little difficult, but wasn't a huge bother and I understand must get done at some point. Overall, would definitely recommend this hotel and stay here again!
Other trip Jun 22, 2015
MC
"Love this place!"
My only complaint is the elevator is ancient and the slowest ever. The staff were all super friendly and polite. The facilities were clean. The rooftop bar was lovely. It would have been nice to have a mini fridge in our suite but overall, things were great and I would recommend
Other trip Jun 19, 2015
charlotte
"A little bit of peace on the road, at the beach."
I travel weekly for work. Sometimes I criss-cross time zones twice in a day. I now live in DC, but used to live in Venice Beach. So, when I go west i try to stay with friends or at least at the beach to check in with the ocean. On this last trip I chose to stay at the newly renovated Erwin Hotel. In a word, yes! The Erwin is situated at the sweet spot of Venice Beach such that you see the sunset, the skaters rock, the surfers plow, the boardwalk performs hustle, and the tourists marvel. The vibe is streamlined and clean. The room offers a layout that is balancing and reminds you of a place you recently left after making it your own. Hotel Erwin, I will be back...in July. Thank you!
Other trip Jun 16, 2015
Experiencer
"Hotel Erwin great location but very pricey"
me and my husband spent the weekend together in LA For our anniversary Hotel was lovely,for the price that I paid I feel that the valet should have been free.
1 night romance trip Jun 12, 2015
Mia
Amazing hotel right on Venice, stayed on recently upgraded 6th floor. Really nice rooms, staff was extremely kind, and rooftop lounge is amazing.
Other trip Jun 12, 2015
Brian Frank
"Venice weekend"
All was good except the fire alarm lol!!
1 night romance trip Jun 1, 2015
Justin
"Erwin on Venice beach super cool place."
Was really Pleasant. The host greeted us at the entrance 'Valet' was super nice and friendly. The front desk staff really nice. We upgraded to a suite for $50 which was well worth it. The roof top lounge bar area was really cool with a spectacular view of Venice beach.
1 night family trip May 23, 2015
Bernadine
"Nice hotel,in a cool área"
Nice hotel,nice area confortable rooms good service
Other trip May 21, 2015
Staff was very accommodating. Room was clean and comfortable. Highlight was the High bar roof top lounge. Great proximity to beach and Abbot Kinney
Other trip May 11, 2015
tracy
"King View Partial Ocean View"
The hotel isn't worth the price paid except because of its location which is walking distance to venice beach. The elevator only fits 6-8 people and takes forever even though it only has 5 floors of rooms. Our room was never serviced except when we called down to request it. They left cleaning products and dirty cleaning towels on our bed. Parking is $32 bucks a night which if you're late to come and early to go isn't justified. The rooftop lounge couldnt get us reservation for a party of four without a 48 hour notice and we were only there for 3 days. The room overlooks the alley and then the beach is off to the far right. People from the upstairs threw objects down and landed on our patio.The bed is hard could use a memory foam pad at least. All in all it served its purpose but not worth the price.
Other trip Apr 28, 2015
Joyful
Awesome! Loved it. :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-)
Other trip Apr 27, 2015
"Venice not for us"
The hotel itself was nice, although the room smelled a little musty and there were nats flying all around the room. Neither of those things would prevent me from staying here again, however the location would. Venice was recommended to me by an acquaintance in LA, and it is definitely not what I was expecting or hoping for. It was a very dirty beach town and we did not feel safe after dark. Even some locals told us it was a 'sketchy' area. The hotel itself was only about a block from the boardwalk and the action, we could see the beach (and a gross alley) off our balcony. All hotel employees were very nice and helpful, and while it was too cold for us to spend time at the rooftop restaurant, we checked it out and it seemed nice and definitely had a great view. If Venice is for sure where you are going, this would definitely be the hotel to stay at, I just would not recommend the area.
Other trip Apr 27, 2015
Paige
"Hip & down earth beach hotel with amazing views!"
Great customer service with super friendly staff! Nestled in a quirky neighborhood walking distance from great restaurants, shops and beach. Rooftop bar with 360 views of LA- probably on of the best views ever. Super comfortable beds and efficient jr suite.
1 night trip with friends Apr 17, 2015
Great location Nice hotel friendly staff Good dining Nice rooftop bar Parking extra by valet. Bar in room way too pricey
Other trip Apr 19, 2015
Nice location. Very clean and great staff. I would recommend this hotel for its location, comfort and cleanliness
Other trip Apr 12, 2015
"Best of Venice!"
Great location. Only full service hotel on the beach. Only complaint is the Room needs another mirror. The only one is in the bathroom. Staff is the most accommodating ever!!!! Front desk, valet attendants, maids...Made me feel special... Helpful to every request! Roof top bar has a breathtakingly beautiful view, but the drinks are way overpriced!
2 night family trip Apr 1, 2015
"Small Room"
Tiny room. Tiny sink area. Tiny shower. Door hit me in the knees while sitting in bathroom. I have stayed there plenty of times in the last 2 years. This is probably my last
1 night romance trip Mar 31, 2015
paul
"Great place for fun time!"
Loved the balcony. Walk out the lobby door and you are in the action. Breakfast at Barlows was fantastic with excellent service. We ordered room service and it was quick and just as good.
2 night romance trip Mar 29, 2015
Hotel is in a great location- steps from the beach, close to Abbott Kinney. If you stay on the 6th floor, be prepared for noise from the rooftop deck. This also is the case if your room is by a stairwell. Overall, this is a clean hotel with friendly staff, comfortable beds with a great location.
Other trip Mar 27, 2015
Love the beach
"vacations with friends"
Excelent.....!
3 night trip with friends Mar 11, 2015
Alicia
"Very noisy"
Upgraded from a king bed room to a queen handicap room on the 6th floor- room was clean but had to open sliding doors for outside air and it was very noisey until 2:00 am
Other trip Mar 22, 2015
Sue
"Fun hotel"
Fun hotel, in the heart of Venice beach!!
2 night romance trip Mar 6, 2015
karen
"Disappointed in the Service"
Very disappointed in the service and I did not feel it was worth the money
2 night romance trip Mar 6, 2015
Shawnee
"Won't go back"
Rooftop bar was awesome. Staff was slow to respond, if at all. Neighborhood was filled with homeless people that scared my children.
2 night family trip Mar 1, 2015
"Best Hotel and room i could've gotten."
Loved the view from my room will definitely be coming back.
Other trip Mar 4, 2015
"Enjoyed my stay but…."
Location is great, friendly staff, clean and comfortable. The hotel does not have a pool so there is no place to sit and relax. They have a rooftop bar with couches but by 2 you have to leave for those that have reservations. Yes, it is near the beach but what do you sit on?
4 night family trip Feb 26, 2015
I stayed at Hotel Erwin for 4 nights and it was a good experience. The location, although gritty with lots homeless people around, is very cool. You are steps from the beach, parks, shops and places to eat. The hotel restaurant, BarLO was adequate but we couldn't get a table at the rooftop bar at 4:30 on a Thursday and the hostess was a little snooty. Valet staff was awesome. Front desk was adequate. One more note about location. I did take an early morning walk on the beach and did witness a homeless person being beaten up by five other homeless people. This was around 6:15am and there were police in the area so I didn't feel unsafe it's just that it's not really the way you want to start your day. But I feel like it just comes with the territory.
Other trip Mar 3, 2015
Nicole
"A gem in Venice Beach"
Great, stylish hotel right on Venice Beach. It was recommended by a friend who lives in CA while my girlfriend and I were visiting LA. The roof deck has a chill atmosphere and creative drinks.
2 night romance trip Feb 14, 2015
"Great Venice Getaway"
The staff was great. They were very friendly and accommodated me when I needed it. Going above the call of duty. I felt welcome. The rooftop bar is the best place to catch the sunset in Venice. My room was small but clean. I would definitely return.
2 night trip Feb 13, 2015
"Valentine's Day weekend"
I had a great stay. The rooftop was a bit too crowded but service was still great.
1 night romance trip Feb 15, 2015