All hotels in Venice, California, United States of America
1697 Pacific Avenue, Venice, CA, 90291, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

• Beach
    Beautiful beach
  • Bar
    Bar is awesome
    Ordinary amenities
    Bad pool
"Totally overpriced, dated hotel behind the shops"
On the beach, with a view to nasty parking lot behind beach shops. 3rd floor looks like the 80s with gloomy colors. Horrible ugly couch and dirty carpets. Bed was ok and comfortable however. Simply put there a plenty of choices in the neighborhood, all overpriced considering the rough ugly parts behind the never ending beach shops. One old clunky elevator, that averages 1+ minute before going or down. This was my 4th stay at Venice beach. If you like cleaner rooms, stay elsewhere..
Other trip Jun 30, 2015
Rmx101
"Great spot"
Spent 4 nights at Erwin. This place is great if you want to be in the thick of the action. Rooftop bar 2 minutes from the strand. I would highly recommend if you want a hip trendy party spot. Not quiet, but what I wanted...
4 night family trip Jun 19, 2015
denis
"Nice hotel close to the beach"
A very nice, clean, appropriately priced hotel very close to Venice Beach. Excellent accommodations, including a nice shower, but the bed was too soft.
Other trip Jun 23, 2015
Javier
"Great location and service!"
Stayed for just one night. If you're looking for a place to stay in Venice, you can't go wrong with Hotel Erwin. The location is unbelievable and the service is really, really good as well. Just don't bring your car--parking overnight is very expensive!
1 night romance trip Jun 19, 2015
ajay
"Unique Hotel - Great Atmosphere and Close to Beach"
We really enjoyed your stay at Hotel Erwin! They upgraded us to a room on the sixth floor that had a balcony with a beautiful view! When we told them we were celebrating our one year anniversary, they sent up a bottle of wine for us to enjoy! Loved this personal touch. Great size rooms, bathrooms, and loved our balcony! We also loved that their rooftop bar, however drinks are very pricey and the tables are always reserved - still a nice addition and great views. There was construction/reservations on our floor, which made sleeping in a little difficult, but wasn't a huge bother and I understand must get done at some point. Overall, would definitely recommend this hotel and stay here again!
Other trip Jun 22, 2015
MC
"Love this place!"
My only complaint is the elevator is ancient and the slowest ever. The staff were all super friendly and polite. The facilities were clean. The rooftop bar was lovely. It would have been nice to have a mini fridge in our suite but overall, things were great and I would recommend
Other trip Jun 19, 2015
charlotte
"A little bit of peace on the road, at the beach."
I travel weekly for work. Sometimes I criss-cross time zones twice in a day. I now live in DC, but used to live in Venice Beach. So, when I go west i try to stay with friends or at least at the beach to check in with the ocean. On this last trip I chose to stay at the newly renovated Erwin Hotel. In a word, yes! The Erwin is situated at the sweet spot of Venice Beach such that you see the sunset, the skaters rock, the surfers plow, the boardwalk performs hustle, and the tourists marvel. The vibe is streamlined and clean. The room offers a layout that is balancing and reminds you of a place you recently left after making it your own. Hotel Erwin, I will be back...in July. Thank you!
Other trip Jun 16, 2015
Experiencer
"Hotel Erwin great location but very pricey"
me and my husband spent the weekend together in LA For our anniversary Hotel was lovely,for the price that I paid I feel that the valet should have been free.
1 night romance trip Jun 12, 2015
Mia
Amazing hotel right on Venice, stayed on recently upgraded 6th floor. Really nice rooms, staff was extremely kind, and rooftop lounge is amazing.
Other trip Jun 12, 2015
Brian Frank
"Venice weekend"
All was good except the fire alarm lol!!
1 night romance trip Jun 1, 2015
Justin
"Erwin on Venice beach super cool place."
Was really Pleasant. The host greeted us at the entrance 'Valet' was super nice and friendly. The front desk staff really nice. We upgraded to a suite for $50 which was well worth it. The roof top lounge bar area was really cool with a spectacular view of Venice beach.
1 night family trip May 23, 2015
Bernadine
"Nice hotel,in a cool área"
Nice hotel,nice area confortable rooms good service
Other trip May 21, 2015
Staff was very accommodating. Room was clean and comfortable. Highlight was the High bar roof top lounge. Great proximity to beach and Abbot Kinney
Other trip May 11, 2015
tracy
"King View Partial Ocean View"
The hotel isn't worth the price paid except because of its location which is walking distance to venice beach. The elevator only fits 6-8 people and takes forever even though it only has 5 floors of rooms. Our room was never serviced except when we called down to request it. They left cleaning products and dirty cleaning towels on our bed. Parking is $32 bucks a night which if you're late to come and early to go isn't justified. The rooftop lounge couldnt get us reservation for a party of four without a 48 hour notice and we were only there for 3 days. The room overlooks the alley and then the beach is off to the far right. People from the upstairs threw objects down and landed on our patio.The bed is hard could use a memory foam pad at least. All in all it served its purpose but not worth the price.
Other trip Apr 28, 2015
Joyful
Awesome! Loved it. :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-)
Other trip Apr 27, 2015
"Venice not for us"
The hotel itself was nice, although the room smelled a little musty and there were nats flying all around the room. Neither of those things would prevent me from staying here again, however the location would. Venice was recommended to me by an acquaintance in LA, and it is definitely not what I was expecting or hoping for. It was a very dirty beach town and we did not feel safe after dark. Even some locals told us it was a 'sketchy' area. The hotel itself was only about a block from the boardwalk and the action, we could see the beach (and a gross alley) off our balcony. All hotel employees were very nice and helpful, and while it was too cold for us to spend time at the rooftop restaurant, we checked it out and it seemed nice and definitely had a great view. If Venice is for sure where you are going, this would definitely be the hotel to stay at, I just would not recommend the area.
Other trip Apr 27, 2015
Paige
"Hip & down earth beach hotel with amazing views!"
Great customer service with super friendly staff! Nestled in a quirky neighborhood walking distance from great restaurants, shops and beach. Rooftop bar with 360 views of LA- probably on of the best views ever. Super comfortable beds and efficient jr suite.
1 night trip with friends Apr 17, 2015
Great location Nice hotel friendly staff Good dining Nice rooftop bar Parking extra by valet. Bar in room way too pricey
Other trip Apr 19, 2015
Nice location. Very clean and great staff. I would recommend this hotel for its location, comfort and cleanliness
Other trip Apr 12, 2015
"Best of Venice!"
Great location. Only full service hotel on the beach. Only complaint is the Room needs another mirror. The only one is in the bathroom. Staff is the most accommodating ever!!!! Front desk, valet attendants, maids...Made me feel special... Helpful to every request! Roof top bar has a breathtakingly beautiful view, but the drinks are way overpriced!
2 night family trip Apr 1, 2015
"Small Room"
Tiny room. Tiny sink area. Tiny shower. Door hit me in the knees while sitting in bathroom. I have stayed there plenty of times in the last 2 years. This is probably my last
1 night romance trip Mar 31, 2015
paul
"Great place for fun time!"
Loved the balcony. Walk out the lobby door and you are in the action. Breakfast at Barlows was fantastic with excellent service. We ordered room service and it was quick and just as good.
2 night romance trip Mar 29, 2015
Hotel is in a great location- steps from the beach, close to Abbott Kinney. If you stay on the 6th floor, be prepared for noise from the rooftop deck. This also is the case if your room is by a stairwell. Overall, this is a clean hotel with friendly staff, comfortable beds with a great location.
Other trip Mar 27, 2015
Love the beach
"vacations with friends"
Excelent.....!
3 night trip with friends Mar 11, 2015
Alicia
"Very noisy"
Upgraded from a king bed room to a queen handicap room on the 6th floor- room was clean but had to open sliding doors for outside air and it was very noisey until 2:00 am
Other trip Mar 22, 2015
Sue
"Fun hotel"
Fun hotel, in the heart of Venice beach!!
2 night romance trip Mar 6, 2015
karen
"Disappointed in the Service"
Very disappointed in the service and I did not feel it was worth the money
2 night romance trip Mar 6, 2015
Shawnee
"Won't go back"
Rooftop bar was awesome. Staff was slow to respond, if at all. Neighborhood was filled with homeless people that scared my children.
2 night family trip Mar 1, 2015
"Best Hotel and room i could've gotten."
Loved the view from my room will definitely be coming back.
Other trip Mar 4, 2015
"Enjoyed my stay but…."
Location is great, friendly staff, clean and comfortable. The hotel does not have a pool so there is no place to sit and relax. They have a rooftop bar with couches but by 2 you have to leave for those that have reservations. Yes, it is near the beach but what do you sit on?
4 night family trip Feb 26, 2015
I stayed at Hotel Erwin for 4 nights and it was a good experience. The location, although gritty with lots homeless people around, is very cool. You are steps from the beach, parks, shops and places to eat. The hotel restaurant, BarLO was adequate but we couldn't get a table at the rooftop bar at 4:30 on a Thursday and the hostess was a little snooty. Valet staff was awesome. Front desk was adequate. One more note about location. I did take an early morning walk on the beach and did witness a homeless person being beaten up by five other homeless people. This was around 6:15am and there were police in the area so I didn't feel unsafe it's just that it's not really the way you want to start your day. But I feel like it just comes with the territory.
Other trip Mar 3, 2015
Nicole
"A gem in Venice Beach"
Great, stylish hotel right on Venice Beach. It was recommended by a friend who lives in CA while my girlfriend and I were visiting LA. The roof deck has a chill atmosphere and creative drinks.
2 night romance trip Feb 14, 2015
"Great Venice Getaway"
The staff was great. They were very friendly and accommodated me when I needed it. Going above the call of duty. I felt welcome. The rooftop bar is the best place to catch the sunset in Venice. My room was small but clean. I would definitely return.
2 night trip Feb 13, 2015
"Valentine's Day weekend"
I had a great stay. The rooftop was a bit too crowded but service was still great.
1 night romance trip Feb 15, 2015
Emma
Great vibe hotel! The most remarkable view from the ocean facing rooms. The staff is beyond friendly and accommodating.
Other trip Feb 17, 2015
"Cool, but don't be fooled by rooftop if u have kid"
Hotel is pretty cool and location is great if you want to be immersed in the Venice beach scene. Only 1 elevator is a problem and they don't let minors onto the rooftop bar. Other than that, pretty good spot.
1 night family trip Feb 8, 2015
victor
"Nice hotel close to the beach"
Nice hotel close to beach.. but you could hear ppl talking out side even with close doors and the bed sheets were not changed it had lots of hair and stain
Other trip Feb 6, 2015
razi
"Absolutely love this hotel!"
From the valet to Miguel at the front desk to the bartenders, the staff here is amazing. The rooms are great, the hotel location perfect and the bars and food cannot be beat. Venice is an great place to visit and Hotel Erwin is the perfect landing spot for it. You are steps away from the street vendors, entertainers, shopping and most importantly, the beach. The High Rooftop lounge gives you the best view of the sunset and surf, and the Barlo has amazing food choices and service. Would not change a thing, and will absolutely be back.
Other trip Feb 3, 2015
Christie
"Amazing Hotel!"
The only thing greater than the views that this hotel offers was their terrific and friendly staff!
Other trip Feb 2, 2015
"beach stay"
We had a very nice stay. Cannot say enough about how kind and helpful the staff were! The neighborhood is a bit funky; but a lovely view of the beach. Our room was very nice and quite well appointed.
5 night family trip Jan 26, 2015
Really fun place. Good people. Would recommend to anyone.
Other trip Jan 28, 2015
Stayed with two other friends for five days, four nights. Walking distance from beach, restaurants, and many shops. The rooftop lounge is an amazing hangout. Staff was friendly and attentive. The only downside was paying a daily rate for hotel parking (about $34 if I remember correctly). Definitely staying again next time I visit the Los Angeles area.
Other trip Jan 28, 2015
"Awesome"
Loved it! The only suggestion I can give to the hotel is to have an updated iphone/ipod dock (they have the really old version) and a better bathroom door.
2 night trip with friends Jan 23, 2015
Roxana
"All around great experience!"
This trip was actually a staycation, so I was already familiar with the rooftop lounge and the area. I booked a room for me and my boyfriend and held a surprise birthday party for him at the High lounge. The service was amazing and everyone, specifically Jeremy and Athena, were great at making sure everything went smoothly, even though some of my planning was a bit last minute. They even left a complimentary bottle of wine and birthday card in the room. You also just can't beat the view--from the room and from the rooftop. We enjoyed a cup of coffee on the patio in the morning while the sun was coming up. The area is a little funky and grungy, as you'd expect in Venice, but it's a fun and lively vibe. I'd definitely recommend Hotel Erwin and the High lounge for any function or little getaway.
1 night romance trip Jan 18, 2015
Katherine
"Great location and staff"
Great location and staff. The rooftop grill was great for the sunsets and their sliders were the best.
Other trip Jan 25, 2015
"Perfect for the Venice Beach Experience"
Fun hotel. I like the decor and you can't beat the location! Only downfall is no air conditioning or fan, we were luck the nights cooled off enough to keep it comfortable with the patio door open. However be prepared to listen to the thumping music of the bar next door till about 2am. Didn't bother me but it could easily get to someone who needs silence to sleep. Otherwise I have no complaints, the stay at the front desk were great!
2 night family trip Jan 9, 2015
"Hip and comfortable, with thoughtful amenities."
This is a very hip spot. We chose it because we wanted to be near the beach and we wanted to have a good breakfast before heading to the airport in the morning, and their restaurant appeared to be good and opened early. The restaurant was, indeed, terrific, and the rooftop bar has an amazing 360-degree view of the area. We were staying at the hotel with our two young children and went up to the rooftop for a happy hour drink and to view the sunset. I didn't realize that it would be so big and such a scene, so I felt a little funny upon arrival, but the staff was very accommodating and friendly, and immediately put us at ease. And the room itself, though small, was extremely well-appointed, cheerful, and nicely-maintained. I should also note that, though it was a Friday night in a busy neighborhood, and despite the rooftop bar, the room was quite quiet for sleeping. Overall, a very comfortable place to stay.
1 night family trip Jan 2, 2015
Melanie
"2015"
The hotel was excellent. The staff and valet were very helpful and friend.
1 night romance trip Jan 3, 2015
Jordan
"GOOD TIME"
GREAT PLACE TO PEOPLE WATCH.
1 night romance trip Dec 29, 2014
I love this hotel!!! Great location, clean,lots to do around the area.
3 night family trip Dec 28, 2014