All hotels in Long Island City, New York, United States of America
3317 Greenpoint Ave, Long Island City, NY, 11101, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

• Bar
    Bar is awesome
    Delicious food
    Regular internet service
    Poor vibe
"Smoky Odor"
It's a cheap choice, so i was not expecting the best but it could have been better. very dirty because of smoking odor on the hall ways. encountered with very scary people in the hotel and i didn't want to leave my wife alone in elevator.
1 night trip Jun 21, 2014
"Nice overall place"
Friendly staff. check in fast. great food two doors down the street. neat architecture on the outside of building.
1 night trip Jul 12, 2014
"Excellent for visiting graves at Calvary Cemetery."
Quite satisfactory. I visited graves at Calvary Cemetery. I always have trouble adjusting hotel air conditioners to adjust them to a comfortable temp. I had a room with a view of the Manhattan skyline which I enjoyed.
Other trip Jul 15, 2014
Accommodating staff - nice spacious room and a decent breakfast - elevator frequently reeks of smoke but staff will spray upon request. Provides mediocre shuttle service to elevated subway stop which is better than none.
2 night business trip Jun 3, 2014
Mr. Aitch
"close to Brooklyn and mahattan"
convenient location, clean, with breakfast, shuttle to subway, easy drive to city, and rest. close by
Other trip Apr 22, 2014
zak
"Best Western Hotel review"
Manageable, but not somewhere I would want to return
Other trip Apr 21, 2014
"Close to Manhattan"
Went to N.Y. with my teenage daughter and her 2 teenage friends. This hotel was a short walk to the subway. It was less than half the cost of a room in Manhattan, which allowed us plenty of spending money.
Other trip Apr 18, 2014
"Ok hotel"
It's ok hotel. Regular nothing special. Clean enough. Good breakfast.
Other trip Mar 31, 2014
Alex
"It was terrible"
Would not recommend this place to a homeless person
Other trip Mar 31, 2014
"Not a good choice if you are not driving yourself"
The Hotel is very far (20 min walk) from the subway station and the trip is through a very sketchy neighborhood. But they do have a sizable parking space if you are driving yourself in the city. The front desk is not very helpful and they can be even a bit rude in some cases (like when you come back late). They room service is also lacking. The house maid decided to skip the cleaning for one day of our three day stay there (we DID leave tip by the table everyday). There's also not many business in the neighborhood. The only food you can get is a chinese take-out who slips their menus under the door everyday.... (another sign of bad management).
Other trip Mar 22, 2014
"Everything is just okay..."
Nothing horrible: Nothing great. Reasonable price, reasonable accommodations, though the the room is in need of updating and repair. Also, the battery in the smoke detector decided to fail and the detector started beeping at 2:30 a.m. Desk person removed detector since he didn't have a replacement battery on hand.
1 night trip Mar 16, 2014
"Filthy"
The hallways smelled like a toilet bowl at the port authority and were littered with trash.
Other trip Jan 28, 2014
Ron
"Was Okay for a Night ..."
... Very Quiet Room, Great Condition and Floor was Okay ... Was Not Crazy About the Smell of Marijuana at certain times and that fact that they did not have a Fitness Center (as advertised on their page) and that it was across the street from a cemetery ... otherwise it was a good stay for quiet studying ...
1 night business trip Jan 11, 2014
Student
Its ok..only i like they have a big parking space.
2 night business trip Jan 14, 2014
Dany
"Great overnight stay but ..."
... The hotel receptionist looked surprised when I mentioned that I had a reservation, there was no fitness gym, only ice and no water, went the next day and it smelled of pot in the elevator, rubbish on the floor and upon entering the commons room hooligans took up the place, saying obscene things and eating like animals ... the good side: clean room, quiet floor, good tub for bathing and much time for my studies ... unfortunately the second time I might not be so lucky - therefore I would opt out in returning there -sorry.
1 night trip Jan 11, 2014
Student
"Not the best."
I have stayed at Best Western before and it was fine. However, this location at NYC was like a down grade. I was born and raised in NYC and going back after so many years and staying at this Best Western was like going back in time. The view on one side was to a cemetery, every other view was at a wall. Maybe from the roof could you see the city. The neighborhood was not comforting at all; it made me feel like I was going to get mugged any second. Overall I would stay at Best Western again but would do more work and searching before picking just any location.
Other trip Jan 2, 2014
havek
"clean, comforable, cheap but inconvenient location"
I was looking for one of the cheapest hotels to crash in new york. Best Western did the job. It was clean and comfortable. Most of the staff were nice and accommodating.
2 night trip Dec 6, 2013
new yorker
"Completely Satisfied"
I felt that the hotel was exactly what was stated. It offered a clean room with a great breakfast. The only issue that I ran into was the amount of chatter in the hallway early in the morning. Other than that, it was great.
1 night trip Dec 7, 2013
"We enjoyed our stay."
About an 8 block walk to the metro. No trouble getting to Manhattan. The distance and the price make it a good deal.
Other trip Dec 6, 2013
Vicki
"good stay"
I loved that they provided free transportation by taxi to the subway each day. The continental breakfast was awesome. Very large variety of food available. Nice eating area.
4 night trip Nov 27, 2013
"great views of manhattan"
Recommended is a walk through green point; 30 minutes to east river. It is 10-13 minute wak to nearest subway station,..did not try to use shuttle
Other trip Dec 1, 2013
allen
It was clean and I felt safe. The bed was comfortable and there was not too much noise, though my room was beside the elevator.
Other trip Nov 25, 2013
"reasonable price with plentiful off-street parking"
We came in late and therew as still available parking spaces. The free continental breakfast was good.
1 night trip Nov 16, 2013
Jack
"if your staying in a tight budget"
I rate my stay was very good it meet my expectations because I got my request completed. If you arrive early you will have the opportunity to ask for city view. I forgot the Filipino guy who help me he was accommodating :-) To be fair on the management they don't take request to reserve a city view due to all clients want to get city view. So therefore I recommend to be an early bird so you can get a good manhattan view. Free breakfast which is amazing it was decent breakfast they serve scramble eggs, waffles, fruits, croissant, muffins. To the management I think some of the receptionist need some update trainings on how to handle customers service in a pleasant way. They seems so stressed out. All the housekeeping people were amazing very friendly :-)
Other trip Nov 18, 2013
Ed
"Airport stop-over"
Stayed over night waiting on flight out of La Guardia Airport. Free shuttle allowed easy access to subway and travel into New York City. The room was sparse but definitely adequate for our needs.
Other trip Oct 30, 2013
"affordable city stay"
This hotel is not the newest in town but it is very comfortable and convenient to NYC. The neighborhood is quiet and seemed safe. They have a FREE shuttle (car service) to the nearest subway stop which is not within walking distance, especially for seniors. The breakfast was adequate: scrambled eggs, waffles, cereal, yogurt,toast, bagels, and fruit. Hot coffee and juice also. After a day in Manhattan, the peace and quiet of Long Island City was much welcome. Things happen slower in the suburbs then the BIG APPLE but for those of us who are seniors that was fine. I do not recommend this hotel for those "A" type people. Relax and slow down.
Other trip Oct 18, 2013
"Not Impressed"
Staff was unhelpful and unfriendly. Reserved a king size bed and was given a full size instead. The free breakfast was really good though. Wont be staying here again though.....
3 night trip Oct 11, 2013
Grumpy Cat
Front desk clerk couldn't call for a taxi cab to come to the hotel to take me to the airport. Said she could only call for a car service which cost a lot more.Hotel should have a shuttle service.
4 night trip Oct 6, 2013
Jean
"Good location and shuttle service"
Hotel locates in a good location, and also it has shuttle service to the metro. It s clean. Front desk people are helpful. The only problem is that there is a lady in front desk and she is always nervous :) if you are looking for good location and good price , this hotel is the one. Also they serve breakfast which is very good.
Other trip Oct 10, 2013
"Nice, convenient and affordable"
We stayed one night, everything was OK, front desk staff were very nice and helpful, breakfast is good. Free parking is even better for New York.
Other trip Oct 7, 2013
"nice"
Clean nice and I would recommend it.
1 night business trip Oct 3, 2013
matt
It was horrible and dirty guest were smoking in the stairwell. My key doidnt work for my room and they didnt even apologized. This was the worst hotel that I have stayed at the lobby was dirty. And in my bathroom they didnt even clean my room.
3 night trip Sep 26, 2013
selicia tucker
it was great. everyone very nice
1 night trip Sep 25, 2013
elizabeth
"What a bargain!"
This is my second stay at City View. It is just outside Manhattan. The hotel provides a free driver to and from the hotel to the subway stop ( 40th St/Lowery on the 7 Line) and it takes about 15 minutes to get to Times Square. The subway is VERY easy to navigate ,for anyone who is worried, and safe. The City View is small and friendly. The room size is generous and the free breakfast includes eggs, waffles, yogurt , fruit and many other options! Easy to start your day with a good breakfast. The staff was helpful with directions ,storing our luggage after check out and transportation to the airport. There is Wi-Fi at this hotel (not mentioned on their website). My friend actually had a room with a view of the city. Incredible! I will definitely return.
Other trip Sep 16, 2013
Gwen
"There is no whirlpool in the entire hotel!"
I have never been so inclined to write a review before and understand I am not one to complain. This is the most disgusting hotel I have even been in! I have been to motels in better conditions than this hotel. First there was hair on the bed. Then we order the room saying there was a whirlpool and there isnt one in the entire building. Being that it was a romantic getaway we could not switch rooms last minute. So we decided to stay and grin and bear it. The whole building electrical work needs to be done over. The tv didn't work and needed to be plugged from the other side of the room. The curtains were stained with oil or who knows what! Then we decided to take a shower to run off the grim from this place an the tub filled with water and it did not drain even till the next morning when we woke! The parkig lot is even set up oddly This building was not meant to be a hotel period! best western should be embarrassed to have there name on this hotel! The only good thing I can say about this dump is the workers were pleasant, helpful and more then willing to give a refund.
1 night romance trip Sep 7, 2013
"LIC Hotel"
Very nice hotel, would stay here again, close to subway lines.
Other trip Aug 26, 2013
"Only ok"
Paid for king with whirlpool. Is a bathtub a whirlpool? But let me check in very early, so all is forgiven!
Other trip Aug 25, 2013
"Budget hotel close to Manhattan"
For the price this is a decent hotel, just by the Long Is Expressway , reasonably close to Manhattan ( You can get to the Times Square/Broadway area in 20 mins ) . Also within 15/20 mins of LGA . The surrounding area is not very pretty ( though safe) , if you consider that important. Also, flagging a yellow cab on the street may not be very easy since Manhattan cabs do not usually pass by that way. However, the hotel will contact a cab service if you ask them , which is marginally more expensive than the yellow cab. Some rooms have a good view of the Manhattan skyline, albeit at a distance , which includes views of the Empire State Building
Other trip Aug 24, 2013
"Best Western Motor Inn"
Quite surprised by how much I got for the value. Big room, king bed, fridge, microwave, etc. Room comfort I found it to be more than I expected it. Definetly, I'll come back with my wife (this first time was with her too - that's to go for the records).
Other trip Aug 22, 2013
Amaury
They will tell u the hotel nice and the best hotel , but once u make reservation and pay on the phone , the hotel suck and I lose u r mony bec u already pay , u can do nothing once u pay u stack ,
2 night business trip Aug 16, 2013
Tj
"Mediocre"
I made a reservation for a room with a king size bed and whirlpool in the bathroom (that was the only available and cheapest deal via hotels.com for the Best Western City View). For whatever reason, the gentlemen behind the counter instead gave me a key for a twin size bed without the whirlpool. That was not what I paid for. I immediately left the room and went back to the front counter to confront him about my order. According to him, that room was too big for one person. He was phishing for excuses. Anyway, despite the hassle, I eventually got the room that I paid for but only to find that there were several scattered strands of hair through out the bathroom...Just saying
1 night business trip Aug 13, 2013
samuel
"Location"
Excellent location for visits to Manhattan, the museums, Central Park, and Times Square.
Other trip Aug 5, 2013
tom
"location,parking,hotel needs up grading"
hotel is very hard to get to from major roads.very limited parking with junk cars in parking lot,bath room had leaky faucit loose shower head
Other trip Aug 4, 2013
kenny
"Nice hotel easy to transport"
The hotel is clean, and they offer a shuttle to the train so it makes so easy travel to any where. the breakfast is complete.
Other trip Aug 4, 2013
"I think that the hotel is good and comfortable."
My experience in that hotel is good, because the people into the hotel were excellent
Other trip Aug 3, 2013
alacran
"Not as good as I thought"
in general was a good stay. Not as good as I expected. The receptionist was terrible BAD! You can not ask for information to her, it seems is an insult for she as her everyday responses were unacceptable, voice raised, and disgusting. She may need vacations I guess!! Beds were not good, looks more like sleeping over some balls or sand packages. Food Selfservice is good and location is good, not the best of course...
3 night trip Jul 11, 2013
"Welcoming and attractive"
Renovated school minutes away from lively and fun neighborhoods. Nice people and large rooms.
1 night trip Jul 26, 2013
Ed
"Nice hotel in the heart of long Island"
Hotel was very clean , break fast was fantastic, staff were awesome, parking was little bit challenging but understandable.
Other trip Jul 22, 2013
First night front desk give us smoking room without asking. The entire 2nd floor smell and we could not sleep all night, we change the room next morning on 5th floor, tub and sink was clogged that should be checked before renting it to the guest. Front desk clerk were not friendly. Will never go to that place again.
2 night trip Jul 12, 2013
sherzai
"Not bad"
The room was great with the exception of not having the whirlpool bath that I paid for!!!
1 night romance trip Jul 12, 2013