All hotels in Key West, Florida, United States of America

Beautiful beach
  • Value for money
    Poor value for money
"Relaxing Anniversary trip."
Very relaxing and enjoyable Anniversary trip. We enjoyed our stay very much. One thing to note, when you are booking, ask if you are staying on the main property or at the edge of the property. The main property is MUCH nicer.
Response by Southernmost Beach Resort
Dear Teresa T., Happy Happy anniversary and thank you for taking the time to review the Southernmost Beach Resort. I am so pleased to read that your stay was relaxing and enjoyable; as all trips should be when staying with us. Within our extensive property that expands 6 acres, we try to accommodate an atmosphere that will please most guests and their variety of preferences. So it is rewarding to read that you found your favorite spot and we appreciate your comments for future guests coming to visit us. Thank you again for sharing your experience and we look forward to welcoming you back.
4 night romance trip Oct 15, 2015
Teresa T.
"Great getaway!"
All around wonderful hotel in a great location. Has resort amenties. Super laid back. If you want to really chill-this is the place to stay!
Response by Southernmost Beach Resort
Dear Susan, Thank you for taking the time to review the Southernmost Beach Resort and letting us know that you had a great getaway. We love to hear when we can offer our guest exactly what they are looking for and need, even if it is a laid back and chill place to stay. We can't wait to have you back for another great experience.
5 night romance trip Oct 11, 2015
"A very big disappointment; bad hotel and cafe"
Advertised as beachfront. But this hotel has many buildings. We checked in, then hiked with my elderly mother 15 minutes, with luggage, to the back building where our rooms were located. There was construction, so our path was obstructed. We were tired. We got not help. Ended up we were so far from the beach, and pool, the only thing we were close to was the parking lot and a busy street. It was a motor court hotel at best. Which we paid $3000 for two rooms 4 nights. Absolutely a lie we feel defrauded. The cafe had a very rude waitress. Boring food. Dinner ran $120 for three of us. We spent that every night for dinner at truly wonderful restaurants throughout Key West. But this cafe was just horrible. The people at the table next to us left without leaving any tip at all. I at least left 10%. But she deserved to get nothing. Our rooms were nice, but really small. But they were just so far from everything. Way too far to hike to the beach or bars. Those back buildings are just glorified motor court motel rooms you'd expect to pay $50 for. Nothing special. This hotel ruined our annual vacation. I feel like they treated my 80 year old mother with shocking disrespect for her age. We really got nothing in the way of help to our rooms, help with our bags, dinner was rude and unappealing and costly, and we were right on the road so it was noisy all night. I travel a lot. Paris. London. New York. Florida. California. Rarely am I so disappointed.
Response by Southernmost Beach Resort
Dear Mike, Thank you for taking the time to write your review and bring your concerns to my attention. I am very sorry for your less than exceptional experience as it is far below our standards. Your comments have been shared with our Management Team to improve in the areas you mentioned.
Other trip Oct 17, 2015
hadva great time. Comfy room. Great food there so no need to leave the hotel. Looking forward to coming back
Response by Southernmost Beach Resort
Fadi, Thank you for taking the time to review the Southernmost Beach Resort and for your 5 Star Review! We look forward to your return and another change to deliver a great experience. Kindest Regards, Matt Babich, General Manager
1 night business trip Oct 11, 2015
Fadi
"Can't wait to go back"
Love this place!
1 night romance trip Oct 7, 2015
Rose
"Close to Beach"
Hotel beds are very hard. Most staff were very friendly but there was a supervisor that was less than pleasant to deal with. Hotel is in great spot but wish Internet explained room set up a little better. Not all rooms are on the beach and some are across other side of road
Other trip Oct 14, 2015
Melinda
"Spectacular"
Loved every minute of my stay!! Staff was friendly and nice!! Rooms were spectacular and very clean!! I have a touch of OCD so cleanliness is a must!! Would definitely stay here again!!
Response by Southernmost Beach Resort
Thank you for taking the time to review the Southernmost Beach Resort. I can appreciate your OCD; thrilled we passed the test on cleanliness and that you loved every minute of your stay.Your compliments for your spectacular accommodations and interactions with our team mean a lot to us. We look forward to your return and thank you for sharing your experience with everyone.
3 night trip with friends Oct 7, 2015
"Not what I expected"
Saw our southernmost beach hotel and got excited, it was nice- then they said your room is across the street. Attached to a parking lot, and my pool view was completely obstructed by a roof and trees, I should have complained but we were on vacation so we let it go. Don't pay full price for room 396! Way over priced for what we got.
Other trip Oct 9, 2015
"Housekeeping issues"
Nice facilities but, housekeeping was a little lacking. Our room was nice but was never available on a daily schedule until late afternoon. The housekeeping was the only negative aspect of our stay.
4 night romance trip Sep 28, 2015
Overall, a good experience. Nice, spacious room, good facilities/pool. did have an issue with a missing I-pod that was returned to the front desk. When I checked with them, no one seemed to have it. I have a hard time believing this and if I were them, I would have contacted everyone who worked that desk. Very disappointed in this lack of concern and service. I hate to wrongly accuse anyone of theft, but in this case when someone actually left me a note on my car saying they turned in the I-pod, I think I am right.
Other trip Oct 2, 2015
"THE BEST STAFF!"
We were down for our wedding but as one can expect the weather did not cooperate. They were able to set us up with a beautiful location on site at the resort. I could not ask anymore out of the staff and how they interacted with the all the guests. They truly did make it hard to leave. Thank you for a wonderful week!
Other trip Oct 1, 2015
Ben
"kick it"
Really cool hotel. On other side of island from town but is a good place to spend time by a pool drinking cocktails and watching the ocean. The food is excellent
4 night family trip Sep 24, 2015
andrew
"Ehhhh"
Hotel was very beautiful. There was a few things however that I wasn't crazy about. The reasturaunt food they had to offer honestly wasn't the best and was a little Over priced. The pools were very crowded as well. Parking was horrible. We had to pay an extra 20 dollars per night for hotel parking and one of the nights of had to park in the street, being that there was no hotel parking. Other then that hotel was beautiful and the view was amazing. Would have been better if there was more to do. I probably wouldn't stay here again honestly but don't let my review stop you. Check it out for yourself.
2 night romance trip Sep 20, 2015
Omar
"Refreshing two nights in Key West"
Every thing about the stay was excellent. The location is great and the facilities clean and comfortable.
2 night family trip Sep 21, 2015
Joel
"The best"
The best in the Keys, great place to enjoy and sevice, ask for "Guzman" he will make sure you have access to what you want. Rent a moped to see the town
Response by Southernmost Beach Resort
Thank you William for your great feedback and happy to hear you thought we were the THE BEST! Your compliments mean a lot to us and I will be sure to share them with Guzman and everyone else on our amazing team! Come back soon! Again, thank you for writing your review and sharing your experience!
1 night romance trip Sep 19, 2015
"Not a good deal."
THIS HOTEL IS NO LONGER SOUTHERNMOST! Research. THEY HAVE MANY BUILDINGS! Aske where they put you. You can be on the beach, or 2-3 blocks from it! My room looked really clean, but it smelled on something, cleaning solution or somth else. The beach in front of the hotel in September 2015 was horrible! Sea weed STINKS and its a ton of it. Water is brown muddy. No way you can enter. Its not a beach! It is at the wrong end of Duval street. You need something on the other side of town. Room was advertised 240 a night but paid 310 with all taxes, fees and parking.
Response by Southernmost Beach Resort
Dear Veselin, Thank you for taking the time to review The Southernmost Beach Resort Key West. While we have recently changed our name from The Southernmost Hotel Collection to The Southernmost Beach Resort Key west, we are still the same group of properties formerly known as The Southernmost on the Beach, Southernmost Hotel USA, La Mer Hotel and Dewey House. To help with this transition we have provided an interactive map on our website to help limit any confusion as to where on our resort your room may be located. We are in the process of renovating many of our rooms on our property and apologize if there was any odor due to the new flooring or fixtures. I understand your disappointment with the public beach conditions due to an abnormal amount of sea grass affecting the entire Caribbean shore lines and weather conditions have not helped this. I can assure you that it is looking better every day and we continue to rake the sea grass daily several times. A nice alternative is the entrance to the ocean from our Private Pier which allows you to step down right into the ocean free of the sea grass! Again, we regret that you were not able to have a truly exceptional stay with us and hope to have another chance in future should your travels bring you back to Key West! Thank you for writing your review.
2 night family trip Sep 16, 2015
Veselin
"A little disappointed"
The room we had was acutally across the street from what is considered the hotel in the Gingerbread Wing, with no sign of the beach from there and alot of construction going on. Although the room was nice enough, the location was very disappointing. Tried to go to the Cafe for dinner one night; called the front desk for directions which they gave us and then when we got there found they were closed for a private affair.
Other trip Sep 21, 2015
This is a nice place in Key West but make sure they are finished with the construction before you visit. The serenity pool was NOT serene due to the construction. Also, make sure to get a room away from Duval St if you want to get any sleep.
2 night romance trip Sep 16, 2015
"Not the hotel that I paid for :("
Just left Southernmost. I paid to stay at Southernmost on the Beach but they put us across the street in some annex of the hotel that was really Southernmost Hotel. Basically, we were staying at the beat red-headed stepchild's version of the hotel. There was loud construction early in the morning and after sunset. I requested a quiet room with some form of ocean view. I received neither request. The guest rooms were nothing like they have pictured online because we were not at the Southernmost On The Beach. I paid to be at one place and got put up at another. VERY DISAPPOINTING. While most people come to Key West to escape and relax, I was having anxiety. Part of the reason that I selected this hotel was because it offered free wifi (I work 7 days a week and need internet). It didn't work in the Gingerbread building. I had to run across the street and try to find a place in the shade so I could bring my computer with me to get some work done. I did give the Southernmost of the Beach a 3 out of 5 because of the hammocks and the pool and the beach across the street and next door. I would not return again and am extremely disappointed. I feel like I wasted my money on this hotel stay.
4 night trip with friends Sep 11, 2015
"KW at The Souternmost"
Loved the place and will recommend it to friends and family. Only had two days in KW and really enjoyed the pool(s) and location.
3 night family trip Sep 11, 2015
Carlos
The hotel features beach access. Our room was located in a separate section of the complex about 2 blocks away from the beach. It was like being in a separate hotel.
Response by Southernmost Beach Resort
Thank you for taking the time to review the Southernmost Beach Resort Key West. I want to apologize for any inconvenience you experienced during your visit. Your feedback about your most recent stay with us holds great value as it lets us know that we need to improve in some areas. While our resort does cover approximately six acres, we never want out guest to feel that they are not a part of the entire resort. With 3 pools, 2 with bars, a public beach and a private Sand Bar area within steps away from any room on our property, I regret that you were not able to enjoy more of our amenities and activities spread out so you can enjoy them no matter what part of the resort you are staying on. Again, thank you for taking the time to write your review and we hope to have another opportunity to host you in the future.
Other trip Sep 16, 2015
"Great Trip"
All good, would have preferred a room closer to pools
3 night romance trip Sep 7, 2015
michael
"Bait and Switch"
although I booked two rooms 4 months in advance, I did NOT get the type of rooms I booked! They told me over the phone that my family had 2 rooms in the same building.... We did not. I was told my sons room was an ocean view with balcony..... It was NOT. The front desk staff was not only disinterested in fixing the mistake... They were down right rude. Ed the bartender at the beach bar.... RUDE! Bartender at poolside bar.... RUDE! Apparently , the staff has better things to do than give great customer service for the prices you are paying! Location is, however, fab... But I would still recommend staying somewhere else. Bait and Switch. Check out some of the other reviews that say the same thing!
Response by Southernmost Beach Resort
Dear Diane, I'm sorry to read of your disappointing experience with us, the challenges you encountered with our front desk staff members and displeasure with your room. We strive to create an environment where our guests can honestly state they received exceptional service and to see we failed to meet both of our expectations is troubling. I can assure you that there was no "Bait and Switch" as we never intend to deceive or disappoint our guest, but can understand your frustration of not having the room you requested. Please be assured that your feedback has been shared with the appropriate departments so we can correct these issues and provide a better experience for our future guests.It is our hope that you will allow us to host you again the future and deliver a truly exceptional experience. Thank you again for taking the time to write your review.
3 night family trip Jul 26, 2015
DIANE
My husband and I just stayed at the Southernmost Beach Resort for our 1 year wedding anniversary. Prior to our stay, I was asked if we were celebrating anything special, and I told them it was our anniversary. Once we arrived, I was told our room had been upgraded so I was very excited to see our room. We had a beautiful ocean view room with a balcony as well as a bottle of wine and an awesome anniversary card from the manager. Everybody from the lobby staff, doormen, bar staffy and cleaning staff were are spectacular and made our visit amazing. I loved staying on the quiet end of Duval street and choosing to walk toward the fun rather than being stuck right by it. It was so perfect and I highly recommend this hotel if you're considering a trip to Key West.
3 night romance trip Sep 7, 2015
Lindsay
"Awesome!!"
This was one of the best places I have ever stayed at. Very beautiful resort. Excellent service. Next time I am in Key West, I will be staying here.
2 night romance trip Sep 7, 2015
The hotel was very nice . The room smelled a little and was not very big. The staff was amazing and so so so nice! Quiet side of Duval street. You get the best of both worlds peace and quiet when you want it and when you are looking for some fun it's about 10 minute walk up Duval St. We did alot of walking nothing was to far. In my opinion you do not need a car. Maybe a scooter if you do not want to be walking around all day. Definitely worth the trip! I will stay at this hotel again .
Other trip Sep 9, 2015
Angie
"This place made us feel pampered and relaxed!!"
Upon check-in, the staff was very accommodating and we went to our beautiful room and recuperated from the long trip. We did a little exploring on our own of the facilities and were pleasantly surprised by the beauty and the many extras that we had not found other places. The next morning, Laura was there to give us the official tour and answer any questions we had. Extremely nice and informative! I have to say one of the very best experiences was our breakfast each morning. We stayed in the Dewey House where we had a wonderful breakfast overlooking the ocean each morning and our chef, Evan, was very talented and make us feel like we were royalty. He is an excellent chef...all of his dishes were delicious and beautifully presented. I don't think everyone that stays here gets this fabulous perk but it was well worth it to be in that beautiful bed and breakfast section just for the breakfast and afternoon snacks prepared by Evan and his staff!!! The pools are gorgeous and the pool bars were fun and relaxing! We loved Doug and enjoyed his company while we were there. He made our experience so much fun with the little extras that he did to be sure we were more than satisfied with our cocktails and appetizers. Also had a bartender named Kim that was very sweet.
Other trip Sep 8, 2015
"Awesome hotel!"
My family had an amazing time in this hotel. We loved it so much that we are already planning our next trip to it.
1 night family trip Sep 1, 2015
"Overpriced, but otherwise fine"
Hotel is overpriced for what it offers. Room was clean and comfortable.
3 night romance trip Sep 1, 2015
"Comfortable by the sea"
Nice facilities with many ammenities. The staff was very friendly and courteous. Problems were dealt with immediately. I would go back.
Other trip Sep 7, 2015
"Decent oceanfront room"
Decent ocean front resort. Room is clean and has a modern touch to it. Good place to stay in Key West if you can afford the ocean front rooms which cost us over $800 for two nights. Not to mention the hefty resort and parking fees of $77 extra. I will have to say that do not let the photos of the pool and beach fool you. They made it looked like it's big but the pool is very small and the beach is mediocre. They didn't even bother cleaning up the smelly seaweeds that washes ashore.
Response by Southernmost Beach Resort
Thank you for taking the time to review the Southernmost Beach Resort Key West. I am delighted to read you enjoyed your oceanfront accommodations and our resort. I apologize if our $25.00 Resort and $10.00 Parking fee put a damper on your overall experience; these charges are advertised on our website as well as Expedia's when booking a reservation. I appreciate your feedback on areas you would like to see improvement and can understand your frustration with the conditions of the beach. We, along with the entire Caribbean, are experiencing abnormal amounts of sea grass that is a daily challenge for us to maintain. We are doing our best to clean it multiple times a day. Thank you again for taking the time to write your review and share your experience. We hope to make your next visit with us an exceptional one.
2 night romance trip Sep 2, 2015
"Nice Hotel with good location"
My wife and I were celebrating our 30th wedding anniversary. When we booked the room, we booked 2 queen beds. When we got there they updated us to a king bed at no charge. The staff was nice and helpful. Overall we loved our stay there, and would stay there again.
Other trip Sep 5, 2015
Ricky
"expectations"
I was hoping for a nicer experience in KW, closer to the beach, but what I got was much better. The rooms are small, but renewed and very comfy. Quiet. Clean. Nice shower. Easy parking. Right on Duval St. The staff is fantastic!! Warm and helpful. More than recommended!!
Other trip Sep 5, 2015
Tchello USA
Very disappointed Ruined our trip from the treatment of frontdesk clark. Felt she dispise us, race discrimination? maybe. We travelling a lot, never experienced like this.
Other trip Sep 4, 2015
Ivy
We stayed for 2 nights Saturday and Sunday August 29th and 30th. This hotel was very clean, we had a beautiful view and the staff was wonderful and always accommodating. We will stay here again next time we visit!
1 night romance trip Aug 29, 2015
jennifer
"Nice with only a few small 'improvements' needed"
The resort is very nice, clean, modern and well kept. The only things we did not like were (1) there were not enough umbrellas by the Shores Pool, so it was like jockeying for shade (it was 109 degrees there one day!), and the water temperature in the Shores Pool is so warm it is not even remotely refreshing. We started going to the Pineapple Pool across the street (but still part of the resort) because the water temperature was cooler and much more enjoyable. Otherwise we had no complaints and had a very enjoyable vacation at this hotel.
7 night family trip Aug 20, 2015
Awesome trip and loved the Hotel. Will definitely be going back was a nice relaxing trip.Jessica at the pool bar made the best burger.
3 night romance trip Aug 28, 2015
Autumn
Amazing!!! Get this place on your bucket list. Try the deli across the street for a quick eat.
2 night family trip Aug 25, 2015
Annemarie
"Great location with a view!"
My boyfriend and I enjoyed our stay even with all of the tropical thunderstorms and showers we had to endure. There was a mix up on our early check in request: I ordered mimosa to be delivered upon arrival, this wasn't there. The hotel Guest Relations was able to accommodate within 30 minutes with an apology gift. Customer Service was above average and friendly, bed is comfy and huge, room was modern and clean.
Other trip Sep 1, 2015
Wandee
"Great Hotel, had a lot of fun, close to Duval St."
Had a great time. Planning a trip back in the winter.
Other trip Aug 31, 2015
Kelli
"Lots of add-on fees"
Great location on the beach but be prepared to spend the dough. Lots of extra charges like parking and resort fees when you check out. Excellent restaurant on site by the water. Overall a good experience would stay again.
2 night business trip Aug 24, 2015
"Booked beach resort but got a hotel across the way"
I booked a room at the Southern Most Beach Resort and chose the first option without any upgrades. When I got to the beach resort, I was told by a grumpy receptionist that I was across the street on the furthest side of the building away from the beach by Duval street and this was called "Southern Most Hotel" - a completely different hotel and not a beach resort. I pointed out that I booked a room at the Southern Most Beach Resort and not a hotel across the street. He swiftly pointed out that "The rooms over here are more expensive.. you booked the cheap room." I'm sorry, but I didn't book a cheap room, there's several hotels / inns / "resorts" all around this area that have rates approximately 1/3 for the room I booked. Being as optimistic as I can, I decided to just go with it, since it was almost 11:30 PM and there's a tropical storm blasting through the area, I just wanted to bed down and get some sleep. I took the room, and was pleased with it on the inside, the bed was nice, bathroom was amazing, and the A/C albeit sorta noisy was set to 69 degrees and I went to sleep like a baby. I woke up the next day, housekeeping was very nice and offered me an additional hour or more, so I took an hour and took a nice shower. Overall I'm disappointed at the misrepresentation on Expedia and how the hotel receptionist conducted himself. Everything else is nice and it's literally 500 feet from the Southern Most Point buoy and Duval street about 10 blocks from the party scene.
Other trip Aug 30, 2015
drumfreak
"Very nice hotel in a even nicest place"
Vera Nice location and infrastructure. At side of a nice but small beach, 2 pools including a silent one and close to numerous restaurants. The breakfast place could be better.
2 night trip with friends Aug 26, 2015
Wagner
"Good value, good hotel."
Great hotel, close to the beach area and not to far walk from great Duval Street activities. Note: this hotel is huge with multiple properties. Even the farthest property is still close to the water
1 night romance trip Aug 23, 2015
"Family friendly atmoshpere"
We really enjoyed this hotel. The staff was great, the place was clean and a lot of fun. Will definitely be back some day!!
2 night family trip Aug 24, 2015
Harold
"Get a room with an ocean view!"
It truly pays to get a room with a ocean view... absolutely beautiful. Gorgeous facility, nice pools, quick easy access to Duval st. My only complaint is that, in the room, the hot water doesn't get hot enough and the cold water doesn't get cold enough. Also, for the price, parking should be included. Otherwise, Southernmost is virtually perfect.
2 night romance trip Aug 23, 2015
"Hotel on dirty beach"
I just find out Key West have no nice beaches, according to one guy we spoke:),doesn't worth the price, rooms have noisy airconditioning system .like sleeping in factory. It's ok to stay probably winter time when you don't need AC .then you have nice views, nice tiki bar and nice restaurant for breakfast. Just swim in the pool, again NoT in the OCEAN!
Other trip Aug 27, 2015
Harry S.
Only problem is water for showering is not warm enough... And I wish the paddle boards were complimentary.
Other trip Aug 27, 2015
"Great place in Key West"
Great place to stay. Pricey, but you get what you pay for. One of the best locations to watch the sunrise. Room was clean, staff was very friendly, and a block from the southern most buoy. Also, right less than a block from the end of Duval St.
2 night romance trip Aug 19, 2015
The best attention and service,the room are very clean and cofortable, the pool is clean and with a great view to the ocean ,I'm thinking to come back the next year with my friend ,excelente hotel in key west
Other trip Aug 25, 2015