All hotels in San Diego, California, United States of America
You can collect Hotels.com® Rewards nights here5415 Clairemont Mesa Blvd, San Diego, CA, 92117, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Older hotel, uncomfortable beds, dirty rooms."
The hotel is older and a little run down. The beds were not comfortable and the room was not very clean. My room was on the ground floor and I found a few insects in my room during the three nights I was there. We were going to stay there for 6 nights, but we ended up checking out after 3 nights the beds were not comfortable and I was uneasy staying in the room. One of the mattresses and box springs in the room had bed bug covers on it and the other one did not. I am not sure of the reason for the bed bug covers on only one box spring and mattress. The rooms have actual keys (2 keys in each set) instead of cards. I am not a fan of traditional keys because I do not feel like they are as safe. The security guard was sitting in front of the hotel every night playing on his phone instead of making rounds of the building. The neighborhood was fairly safe, so I didn't feel too bad. Overall, If you need an inexpensive place to stay, this place will do, but I would recommend staying somewhere else.
6 night family trip Dec 12, 2014
Joel
"Could be better"
needs a major update. Wifi might be a nice touch. Couple of weird individuals staying here as well
1 night trip with friends Dec 13, 2014
"Sunday Night Football Game"
We visit San Diego often. Always stay here. its very Affordable and quiet. The ladies that provide the cleaning service are outstanding!!! Can't say enough about them, they are amazing. If you looking for a safe stay for you and your kids this is the place. It is older and they dont have flat screen tv's, but your in San Diego Way too much to see and do besides TV!
3 night family trip Dec 6, 2014
"San Diego 2014"
Hotel was pretty nice. Only problem was the room we were supposed to have . We requested a kitchenette and all we got was fridge and microwave.
6 night romance trip Dec 3, 2014
"Left"
Wors
3 night family trip Nov 23, 2014
"ok"
it was ok pool dirty..people talking and walking right by room...all hours..served the purpose though...good neighborhood...alot of good restaurants and shops...right off highway...
7 night trip Dec 3, 2014
"Should have brought earplugs"
Sometimes you get next to a room where there is just more going on than you care to know about. Paper thin walls make it that much more inescapable. Not much of a restful sleep.
1 night business trip Dec 1, 2014
Marc D
"OK"
We were on vacation at San Diego during Thanksgiving. Overall, it is a budget motel with free parking and breakfast. The room is old and outdated. We had a smoking room, but to my surprise, it did not smell bad. Breakfast has hot water, milk, juice, cereal, bagels and bananas, no coffee, during my stay. The hotel is located on Clairemont Mesa Blvd, which is really convenient, especially for a foodie as it is surrounded by tons of restaurants. The price is competitive during thanksgiving weekend, but we found a better hotel at the same price after that.
Other trip Dec 4, 2014
"California Suites Hotel choice for San Diego trips"
I have booked at California Suites Hotel several times. I find the hotel the most reasonable in cost, as well as being good for service and the cleanliness of the room. The only negative would be the scant offerings for the complimentary breakfast, but that is offset by the daily newspaper available.
3 night family trip Nov 25, 2014
bert
"Great location but not very family friendly"
Staff was great, but the beds were uncomfortable, no coffee pot in the room, Wi-Fi was with a fee, and the "continental breakfast" was barely that. With three kids, we ended up having to buy breakfast elsewhere.
Other trip Dec 2, 2014
"It's... ok"
It's not a great place, but it's not bad... good: - very convenient - reasonable price - refrig & microwave in rooms not so good: - run down - run down - run down you get what you pay for- this is an Ok value if you're not a princess. Try not to get a room facing the main road - pretty noisy. staff is friendly enough... it's Ok & i might stay again... wish the would remodel rooms at least slightly!
Other trip Nov 30, 2014
"very good"
it was a wonderful experience ,we sure enjoyed our visit to san diego.
4 night family trip Nov 24, 2014
fareed
"worst stay ever"
we were there for a week and on thurday morning somebody came in to out room and stole some brand new shoes from our room. I tried to complain but no body would help me with the situation. its as if they did not even care about what had happened
Other trip Nov 23, 2014
Manuel
The room was much like a studio it was very comfortable
4 night family trip Nov 13, 2014
"Review commentary"
Overall, the stay was good, but: you could tell the sheets had been used and abused, There were other guests that were rather loud and obnoxious at certain times.
"Nice hotel and staff"
I will definitely book at this motel if I return to the area. It has outside courtyards and swimming pool.
I didn't like the fact that I had no idea it was a daily, weekly and monthly.
"Don't bother booking"
Their coffee was instant and they couldn't bother with a grocery store to get real bagels. It looked like a long term stay motel under construction.
3 night trip Nov 14, 2014
"priced right but rundown"
Rooms are rundown; photo's are not representative of the condition of rooms. Large dead cockroach on the floor.
Other trip Nov 14, 2014
"Great value/relaxing tropical garden."
We have enjoyed our stay in California suites. It is a great value! Located within a short distance from major attractions.The hotel does not look spectacular from the outside. However, the inside courtyard is offering a tropical garden like setting with walkways, benches, fish pond/fountain and a large clean pool and jacuzzi for relaxation. The free breakfast is limited to hot/cold cereal, fresh fruit and bagels with butter (no cream cheese). Also they only offer instant beverages (coffee, tea, hot chocolate). No brewed coffee. Nevertheless, we have truly enjoyed our stay and will return next year for another vacation.
4 night romance trip Nov 7, 2014
Daniela
"Assistant Manager"
The suite its welcoming i feel safe like home thank you for good quality service
1 night business trip Nov 4, 2014
Ricardo
For the price I got it is nice .....You will have lot of store walking distance restaurants are there in few miles across from the hotel. Employees are very help full nice people I think the hotel owner should put sound protector windows by the street area you hear lots of noise, it is facing the street. other than that all is good!
Other trip Nov 2, 2014
"Planning to stay again"
Friendly staff. We were staying right above the swimming pool, where lots of families were playing, but we didn't hear any noise in our room, maybe because we had the AC on. Everything was fine in our spacious 2 double-bed room. Even extra room in the micro-fridge area. Large closet. Breakfast limited, and not many tables to sit at, but maybe the hot breakfast was better (we had to leave before it arrived). One minor problem - the bathroom door was hard to close. Great price. Close to freeway and the conf. we went to. Will stay again when we'll be going to the Safari Park and Cal State San Diego in the same weekend.
1 night business trip Oct 24, 2014
Cheryl
Very nice front desk staff. Beds were comfy, sheets and towels were clean too. We were not happy with the hotel because it was in dire need of an overdue renovation, we did not feel safe in the area and the clientele looked very seedy.
Other trip Nov 1, 2014
Angela
I plan to stay there each I visit San diego. Thx u very much.
Other trip Oct 31, 2014
mixx
"what you paid for"
Everything is good just pool not heated and no lotion and coffee in the room. Breakfast is good and stay was pleasant. Many people stay there permanently but they are nice people no problem.
1 night trip Oct 25, 2014
Al
"great location"
The location is great, the room is more than adequate, although parking close to your room is a hit... or entirely miss.
Other trip Oct 28, 2014
Janet
"good for how much i paid"
The hotel staff was courteous, but the location isn't the safest location as bullet holes in side of building.
6 night romance trip Oct 16, 2014
"Convenient location off the 805 freeway"
When we come to San Diego, we almost always stay here. Convenient location, reasonable prices, and very friendly staff!
Other trip Oct 27, 2014
"Convenient to Pacific Beach area and affordable!"
I recently stayed at California Suites for a month in Sept /October 2014 while I was undergoing intense medical treatments in the area with a specialist. I'm glad to say it was a very pleasant stay. The room was very large, it was extremely quiet and good for me to be able to rest after treatments. the TVs are the older tube models, but channels were good. The place isn't the Ritz, but the rooms are well maintained, the furniture clean and in good shape and the grounds are well kept and staff are generally helpful. As an added plus the cost of around $50 per night was affordable on my very tight budget! Since I have a special diet I have to follow and cannot eat restaurant food I was very pleased that there was a nice kitchenette with a two burner stove, a fridge and microwave so I could easily prepare foods (you will need to pack dishes and cookware though if you intend to use the kitchen, they do not provide basic dishes and pots/pans like other extended stay places do) hint: I got myself a cheapo frying pan and some plastic dishes and silverware at the 99 cents only down the street from the hotel. Lots of restaurants, shops and just about anything you will need close to the hotel and it is conveniently located close to the freeways to get you to the sights easily. I did not see any insect problems in my month here nor did I notice any safety concerns, and I'm 41 female and disabled travelling alone. I did not check out the breakfast while there so cannot comment on that.
Other trip Oct 25, 2014
Dawn
"Not at all what we expected for our trip"
It was not the arrangements for queen size bed, a roll out bed for comfort. We were told that Hotel.com advertises amenities' that the actual places when you get there it is not offered. This hotel that we were given was a day, week or Monthly rental property for San Diego or new residents coming into town for a new job opportunity.
3 night trip Oct 16, 2014
Margaret E. Turner
Great customer service. Nice little kitchen.
3 night business trip Oct 15, 2014
Clair
"Cheap, convenient and right off of the freeway."
The room was mostly immaculate. The only defect that I found was a hair on one of the towels that was in the room but I almost always find hairs in every motel room that I stay in. I was told that the room that I stayed in was recently renovated, so that may explain why it was so clean. I was kind of annoyed that there was only one bar of soap provided for the whole room. At other hotels that I have stayed at there is at least 2, if not more bars of soap. The amount of shampoo that I got was good because I almost don't have any hair. A person with hair should probably bring their own shampoo and soap for that matter. The good thing is that there is a Walmart less than 5 minutes away and I was able to buy what I needed. There is a pool and hot tub available at the hotel. There is internet available but you have to pay for it. Overall, a good value for the money I paid.
2 night trip Oct 17, 2014
"ok for one day stay"
Pool was dirty cold unable for the kids to swim, room had an awful stench of smoke everywhere,downstairs construction workers constantly throwing up in the front lawn was very disappointed. Not staying here again.
2 night trip Oct 17, 2014
Berta
This is like an extended stay apartment style building, but a motel. Not good for little kids.
Other trip Oct 20, 2014
travelfam
"Nice size room, nice grounds, very outdated"
Most of the staff was nice but there were a few who were not very pleasant. The room was a nice size overall but was very outdated. Old furniture tiny tube tv decorations need to be updated. The grounds were very nice but with the hotel being so big it's hard to find your way around at first and to pick a door to go in from outside. Overall it's a nice hotel for the price and it's pretty close to a lot of places.
Other trip Oct 20, 2014
luke
"Nice for the price"
Very good service! I was able to check in very early, everyone I talked to was very helpful.
3 night business trip Oct 13, 2014
"Great value in a high cost city"
This hotel worked out great for us. It is further from downtown but nothing is far, the beaches, Coronado Island, Mexico. The hotel accessories (TV, air conditioner, etc) were older models but they all worked just fine. The refrigerator/freezer worked great and got much colder than the units popular now in higher end hotels. The hotel has pretty flora on the walkways between the buildings with a great pool and hot tub. The clientele seem to be a mix of short term visitors and longer stay residents. The breakfast buffet items included packaged items and fresh fruit. It worked. The room was very clean. Being an older hotel the walls seemed to be thicker and we heard nothing from our neighbors or the housekeeping closet next door. The management was very helpful with specific room requests and advice on what to see in San Diego. A great trip.
3 night romance trip Oct 9, 2014
"GOT THE JOB DONE"
We were only in SD for a couple nights to complete at a competition. The host location was down the street. Overall the room was clean, did not smell weird (as most of these places do), had a functional mini-kitchen and was comfortable and suited our needs. The only negitive aspect of the room was the shower head was too low for my height (5'6") and required some manuvering. Overall this hotel is like a little appartment complex. The staff is kind and enthusiastic. We are definately staying here again when the time comes for the next tournament.
2 night trip Oct 3, 2014
"Great! Better than I expected by far!"
when we checked in the man at the front desk was cheerful, helpful,and overall fantastic. The hotel room was clean and tidy,the pool and hot tub were nice except that they close at 10 p. M. :-(.overall the place could use a slight facelift but the amenities were amazing. When I reserved the hotel I didn't even expect a fridge, stove, or microwave in my room and they were there, so that was a pleasant surprise. My biggest concern, was the shower pressure was terrible, and it kept going from hot to cold to hot to cold.
Other trip Oct 15, 2014
Liz
"Pictures are deceiving"
I thought this place was aweful. Had to constantly ask for room service to get the room cleaned and new towels. 5pm in the day and was gone all day, room still dirty. Had to go to desk myself to get new towels. Some of the worst service I've ever had!
3 night trip Sep 26, 2014
"one of the best"
I would return one of the best I've stayed in
2 night romance trip Oct 10, 2014
"Quaint"
The quaintness of this hotel is that it is old. Suites? We think not. Having a counter, microwave and refrigerator doesn't constitute a suite. Nice restaurants were within driving distance. The front desk staff was fabulous - kind, efficient and willing to go the extra mile to help. A large number of the people seemed to be permanent residents.
1 night trip Oct 8, 2014
Vivian
"Great staff"
Nice room and the kids loved the pool and spa. When we booked we were assured it had two beds but when we got there we were told our reservation was for a one bed room, luckily the receptionist was very helpful and rectified the mistake. Close to Mission Bay and Seaworld.
2 night family trip Jul 27, 2014
Allan
"Easy access to evethings that we need."
Convenient location, well maintaned, room was cleaned. Another words, clean and affordable, would stay again.
2 night business trip Sep 29, 2014
"Lousy breakfast"
The breakfast had only bagels and Cheerios. No sweet rolls.
Other trip Oct 7, 2014
"Clean and comfortable for a cheap rate."
This is an older hotel, the rooms were clean and the beds were very comfortable. The room had a small fridge, microwave, hair dryer, tv. Close to all the major expressways. Many places to eat nearby. The downside, they have no free wifi, charge for it by the day which is $7.00, not a good deal by any means. Rooms a bit small but not that big of a deal. Could use new carpet in the hallways. Only one ice machine by the pool which is not convienent by any means. The coffe maching was or has been broken for quite some time according to the desk staff, so instant coffee was what they offered instead of getting a couple $10 coffee makers from Walmart or something. The variety of breakfast foods was decent, oatmeal, fruit, yogurt, bagels, cereal. No jelly, bread, cream cheese, just butter. But hey I only paid $50 a night so it worked for me. Would I pay more, no way!
Other trip Oct 7, 2014
RJ
"Not bad for an overnight stay Nothing fancy"
This is an old hotel with old furnishing. The GFI breaker even tripped when we turned the light switch off in the bathroom. The A/C was struggling and noisy and mounted high on the wall so all the cold air was directed to the ceiling. The room never got very cool but it was tolerable. In order to turn the cooler on, you have to flip a switch on a wall then go across the room to the A/C, climb on the night stand and turn the controls. The bed was comfortable and the room was clean. The front desk people were friendly. The breakfast was strictly a just fruit, cereal and juice and coffee. The lobby had nice cold water available all the time and that was nice. We were going to an air show at Miramar air base and the location of this hotel was great.
2 night family trip Oct 3, 2014
Vickie
"Good Location"
Good location for UCSD visiting parents. The room was clean, quiet and comfortable. Hotel staff were friendly and attentive. Laundry facilities were nice, and more than I expected. Seemed a bit odd to have to pay extra for wifi access in this day and age. Decor is dated, but it doesn't really matter as a whole.
Other trip Oct 4, 2014
Janet
Very friendly staff. The young ladies working behind the desk were very friendly, with beautiful smiles, and quick accurate service! I, again had a great experience spending the night. Thank you. I would like to suggest a larger selection for breakfast in the future. My previous stay there, the breakfast was much better. Overall the staff was very accommodating.
1 night business trip Oct 1, 2014