All hotels in Groton, Connecticut, United States of America

The place was not good
2 night romance trip Feb 13, 2015
floyd
"Bates motel"
Stay away from this dump.This establishment is beyond rundown bureau drawers screwed shut,rugs are disgustingly filthy, place smells etc. This place should be shut down!!!! Needs more than an upgrade.
1 night romance trip Feb 7, 2015
"Good value."
Clean, comfortable room for a great price. The staff is very friendly.
2 night romance trip Jan 23, 2015
"Very satisfied"
This was very clean and the staff was lovely. Got a very great deal on this.
Other trip Jan 22, 2015
"Big Disappointment"
I was so disappointed to see Super 8 SO run down and unkempt........I haven't been to one in a few years but always felt they were great for get aways at good prices, clean etc......This hotel was filthy, I had to ask for clean bedding because the bedspread and blanket were so stiff from filth,(and even the "fresh" bedding they brought were dingy, yellow).......I could tell they had not been washed forever.........It was a smoking room and I used to smoke, however, this was nasty,,,,,,It was very apparent that they must think all smokers are dirty and do not care about their surroundings,,,,,,Untrue! We went out and bought air fresheners, candles etc and had the room smelling better then when we arrived,,,,,,,,,,Will not return
Other trip Jan 22, 2015
Jude
"Great for the price."
One nite stay, room was clean and comfortable. The price was right and free breakfast. For the money, it was the right choice. Have stayed many times. Close to both casino's and other attractions.
1 night romance trip Jan 16, 2015
Angel
"Nightmare"
Checked in around 4pm maintace knock on door around 5pm but never told us what he was going to fix. around 10pm the room next to us started fighting or what ever called front desk but loud bangs and crying till 1am. when cheaking out asked front desk about it and they had no clue what went on that night so I asssom that is comman at this hotel
1 night romance trip Jan 10, 2015
Hector
"good value"
older furnishings... worn but clean
1 night romance trip Jan 3, 2015
"Need a lot of TLC"
Hotel was pretty gross. I slept on top of the covers. Horrible hotel experience. Also outdate,they still have the tube tv's. But it was nice and quiet which i liked. Hotel needs to step it up with the cleaniness!!
1 night trip with friends Dec 13, 2014
Wilfredo
"Not really a "Super" 8"
The room was dusty and dirty. The phone and coffee pot looked like they hadn't been cleaned in months.
1 night family trip Jan 2, 2015
"good"
good
2 night trip Sep 19, 2014
KENNETH
"Not Super 8!"
The towel had lip stick stains on it, the room has NOT been updates in decades, the fire alarm was hanging out of the wall, the window was open & room was freezing not to mention someone on the floor was smoking weed!!!!!!
1 night trip with friends Dec 6, 2014
"Fine stay"
We arrived after 8 PM for first night, no extra pillows available, recliner in room was tired, saggy... towels are small. reasonable accommodations for the $. Happy with stay.
2 night romance trip Nov 21, 2014
"casino visit"
10 minutes from either casino. Not bad for the money
"Dump"
Picked the hotel because the site said it was 7 miles from Foxwoods Resort and Casino. Was actually a good 15 to 20. Room was supposed to be for a king size bed. Ended up with two double beds. Room smelled bad. Guess chair had a gash down the middle. Carpet was patched. Wall was patched up. Free breakfast was so so. They ran out of coffee. Coffee maker in room didn't have coffee stocked.
Convenient location & all basics are covered to have a decent night's sleep with decent rates.
"Stayed here because it was close to Mohegan Sun."
Do not stay here unless you absolutely have to. This place was honestly the worst place I've ever stayed at. None of our friends felt comfortable sleeping inside the sheets so they slept in their clothes on top of the comforter. It was that gross. Some cleaning people tried to use a special key to get into my room without knocking about an hour after I had checked in also.
"Near the highway"
Nothing special. Smells heavily of cigarette smoke
Other trip Nov 18, 2014
Eileen
"Good location for our trip purpose"
We paid a ridiculous high amount of money for a very outdated hotel. The furnishings were very old as was the carpet. It was clean, if you could get past the furnishings. The couch had holes in it as well as stains. The leather chair had duck tape to repair it's holes.I had to ask for an iron & board & something to cover the couch before I would even sit on it. I was glad I took air freshener with me to spray the room.After several sprays, the room was tolerable. The elevator had cigarette butts as well as other trash throughout our stay. Never cleaned. I have learned a very dear lesson about booking with a 3rd party.
3 night trip Oct 23, 2014
C J
"you get what you pay for"
Holes were in the bedding. No soap or shampoo in the bathroom. Towels were dingy and hotel clerk wasn't at the front desk when we arrived. But you get what u pay for. Only stayed overnight because I went to a concert in foxwoods.
1 night trip with friends Oct 25, 2014
ylanda
"Mediocre hotel good location"
Check-in was quick and location is good. However, the room had an oder that made it difficult to sleep.
Other trip Oct 28, 2014
Absolutely the worse hotel I've ever stayed at. Couldn't wait to leave!
1 night trip Oct 25, 2014
"Motel 8"
It was fine
1 night romance trip Oct 25, 2014
Jonathan
"There has to be better options"
It's not really walkable to anything and the area isn't the greatest. From the minute we walked in, I was not impressed. Our toilet was broken when we got there, with toilet paper in it! It's took them several hours to get around to fixing it. I booked a smoking room and saved $10 per night. This isn't the first time I've done this, but this is the first time everything including the pillows and blankets smelled like smoke. I slept with a sweatshirt covering my pillow. Driving through the area, there were a few dozen other hotels. I would suggest spending a few dollars more a night and saving yourself.
2 night business trip Oct 24, 2014
"Looks nice but :"
Although there were no incidents it appeared to be a welfare hotel. We had a smoking room that we requested but the smell of stale smoke was overpowering. Broken desk in room. Drop this hotel
Other trip Oct 27, 2014
GEORGE
"Not suggested"
Staff was great, but the hotel is dirty, dated and smells. The bed felt like I was sleeping on a box spring only. And I slept fully clothed. Will never stay here again. Just a suggestion, I am a smoker but hate the smell of stale smoke. Make your hotel non smoking and get good beds and pillows and nice comforter and that would make people happier here
Other trip Oct 27, 2014
april
The rooms was cozy. Wifi was good. In good location by restaurants and gas stations. I think the room needs a microwave and more channels. I loved how you can do your laundry on the facility. The continental breakfast was alright but needs more of a variety of food. I stayed for a week and it was very nice, and the people were great and made sure I had everything I needed.
2 night business trip Sep 30, 2014
catherine
"older property"
Great value.
1 night trip Oct 18, 2014
No remote for tv. Busted desk, no microwave and dirt in dressers. No comlamentry breakfast.
2 night trip with friends Oct 17, 2014
"Needs renovations"
This hotel is convenient if you're going to the casinos. There are restaurants and shops in walking distance. Had an in room coffeemaker. It would be great if an investment was made to update the place, it's badly needed. I travel to this area a few times a year, but I'll pay more to stay somewhere better kept.
1 night family trip Oct 11, 2014
michelle
"Good for price"
Decent hotel for the price, close to Naval base.
2 night family trip Oct 17, 2014
"good"
pleasent enough we were gone by 9:00am back between 9:00-10:00pm
4 night romance trip Oct 10, 2014
Ruth
Good location. Close to the casinos Walking distance to Taco Bell, Walmart, Kohls, etc.. Right off of Rte 95. Friendly Staff. Rooms are clean but not terribly attractive. Good value for the price.
Other trip Oct 14, 2014
"Bug motel!"
Let me start with the positive stuff first, convenient location near the casino and affordable with conveniences like Dukin Donuts, food, and a plaza across the street. Stanley was nice and we checked in late. The negative--we booked 2 king size bed room and got put in rooms with doubles instead--room smelled musty and mildew, old and dirty carpet with holes. The bed linens had cigarette burns, bugs in the room--don't know if they were roaches or beetles, but who cares--overall GROSS! The bathroom vent was dangling and the shower wall had this huge crack and it look like someone painted over the crack, really?!!! Oh and to top it off--the door to the room did not lock--glad it had a chain! No remote for tv--just overall it was dismal and need of some serious updates & renovations!!!
1 night trip Oct 11, 2014
"Stay away from this filthy dump"
Stayed there only 1 night, if we didn't live so far away, would have left home that same night. Hotel floor reeks of old, musty odor. Cigarette burns everywhere in the room - on the carpet, bed cover and bed sheets. Had to sleep with my clothes on because did not feel comfortable sleeping on their sheets. Would not recommend this hotel to anyone, also very noisy at all hours of the night in the hotel parking lot
Other trip Oct 13, 2014
Yakov
"Avoid the Groton Super 8."
My daughter and I attended a concert at the Mohegan Sun and wanted an inexpensive motel for the night. I wasn't expecting much for the price, but I was surprised at how run down this motel was. It is in desperate need of upgrades. The hallways reeked of smoke which we could smell in our room. The bathroom door handle was in danger of falling off. The freezer in the fridge was falling out. The furniture was worn. The chair had tears in the upholstery. The cleaning staff needs to be more attentive as well. There was still a wet washcloth hanging on the shower curtain. As I said I was not expecting much for the money, but Super 8 should take more pride in their facilities.
1 night family trip Oct 10, 2014
"Old as dirt, but clean."
I was disappointed in how old the entire place was. The mattress was newer, but everything else, including the towels were old. The price was ok, and that was the selling point.
Other trip Oct 13, 2014
"Clean, quiet, just what I needed"
This hotel may not be a 5-star beauty but it is everything I need when I need a place to stay before getting to my destination. The people are really nice, the rooms are clean enough and the place is quiet. The price is great especially if you book in advance. They even offer breakfast but I have not used that. Any time I need a place to stay in this area, this is the hotel I choose (and there are other hotels in the area to choose from). I get a good night's sleep here at a good price, and that's all I need.
1 night trip Oct 10, 2014
"Not as good as earlier stays"
Room window would not close or lock. Non smoking room had a heavy smoke smell. Asked to change room. New room had no secondary lock (dead bolt or chain) and the tv remote was in non working condition.
Other trip Oct 12, 2014
"Great Stay!"
The room was very nice and the staff were very friendly. I will definitely return here again..
1 night family trip Sep 27, 2014
"Room was not cleaned"
We have stayed here this summer as it is fairly close to the shore and the price is right. It is your basic motel stay nothing extra, and this has been ok with us up to this trip. After spending Friday night there we left for the beach early Saturday morning and didn't get back to the room until about 430 in the afternoon. The room was just as e left it never touched ...
Other trip Sep 29, 2014
"Stay Away if You Want to be Safe !"
It was the worst hotel I have ever stayed. I stayed at the hotel with my pregnant wife and first time in my life I was scared for her safety. First of all, there were drunken people walking around hotel. When I went outside to pick up my stuff from the car parked near hotel, I noticed many police officers and special police units arrived to hotel. They came to catch some perpetrator. They gave me the order to stay outside in the car while my pregnant wife was inside the hotel. Thanks God, she was safe. Later when I asked the stuff about this incident, they told me that it was not first time when police came to catch a bad guy. In addition, the hotel was very nasty. The hallways had a very bad smell. I stayed 2 nights in the hotel and noticed that the garbage left on the stairs was never removed during all my stay. If you want to be safe, please stay away from this horrible and filthy place filled with criminals!
Other trip Sep 19, 2014
Vasyl
I had a great stay....my room was at a good location in the hotel...i stay there every year....everything in the room on the appearance outside looked okay...but my bed was not very clean...urine stains on the bed skirt under the mattress and on the bed skirt visible to who cleans the room...Luckily I didn't notice until the day before I left.... next time I am going to check out that situation before I accept taking it .....other then that and the people party people who wondered in all nite...the employees were fantastic...I stayed there for a week....breakfast was good when I decided to have it..I will stay there again if it meets my cleanliness
6 night trip Sep 9, 2014
Suzy
"Great plave for the buck!!!"
My hubby and I have stayed here the past few years and loved it!!! The staff friendly, and it's close to area attractions. The hotel is older but still comfy and nice. I'm a runner and there was a great route to on run because of the long side walks.. I will stay here again next year on our annual getaway!!!
Other trip Sep 8, 2014
Sonya
"Room clean bed comfortable"
Easy check in friendly staff close to shore. Would use again.
Other trip Sep 5, 2014
"good locations"
quite good and comfortable stay
2 night trip Aug 30, 2014
The first room we were given had cigarette burns in the bed sheets. The mattress was stained. They changed us to another room which was better but still not clean. There were earrings on the floor and carpet was stained and not vacuumed properly.
1 night family trip Aug 16, 2014
"weekend on the shore"
Inexpensive room to sleep each night. Hotel staff was pleasant and the room was clean. Most important it was a short ride to the beach. Had a great weekend thanks
Other trip Aug 18, 2014
"Cleaned up"
I have stayed here before and the Hotel has cleaned up. The staff were very helpful and friendly.
Other trip Aug 18, 2014