All hotels in Marion, Illinois, United States of America
You can collect Hotels.com® Rewards nights here2601 Vernell Rd, Marion, IL, 62959, United States of America, ‏‎855-238-1592

"Love the beds!!"
Great job with everything!! Really only compaint is not a big selection for breakfast. The beds were great and so were the pillows! Would definitely stay again!!
2 night trip May 17, 2014
Christina
"One night stop in Marion, IL"
Could not have possibly had a nicer and more attentive desk attendant for check-in. Room was very adequate, smelled a bit stale but the facility is undergoing some remodeling so maybe mine room wasn't done yet. Very very convenient access to I-57 as well as dozens of businesses and eateries. Would very much recommend this for business travelers.
1 night trip May 21, 2014
Scott W
"okay"
Not the best place but it was good enough for a one night stay.
Other trip May 20, 2014
Was pleasantly surprised at the condition and cleanliness of this hotel. I have allergies to animals and was in a panic when checking in and realized they allow pets. The room was so well cleaned that I had no sneezing issues.
1 night trip May 9, 2014
"Wonderful place to stay"
Wonderful staff and very clean rooms. They were in the process of remodeling some rooms but otherwise one of the best hotels I've stayed at. Very friendly staff that made sure we had everything we ask for without making us feel like we were asking to much. I will stay there again.
2 night business trip May 2, 2014
"Not to good along street rebuilding"
I believe that I was over charged by Expedia for this facility right almond side major road construction and motel is older one of wood framing which has squeaky floors, very poor fitting door, and my room along side of stairwell !
Other trip May 4, 2014
jim
"Returning from Florida to IL"
This hotel is remodeling. Our room had a king bed and was completed except for the flat screen TV. A little hard to find because of the road construction. Room was very nice and breakfast was cereal, coffee juice yorgurt fruit toast and a small cinnamon roll. Attendant friendly. Restaurants nearby. No pool or exercise room but the price was more econimical as all we needed was a place to sleep. We would say here again. Good for couples who are just traveling and need a overnite room
Other trip Apr 25, 2014
Jandie
"Good place to stop"
We stopped over on the way to deliver a rescue puppy. The hotel is in the middle of some renovations, but it was overall pretty clean. Our room had not been renovated yet so it did not have baseboards, but I figure we got the one we did because we had a dog. We had asked for a king size bed, but got a queen. The desk clerk brought us more pillows and the morning clerk replaced our hair dryer. All in all it was not bad considering.
1 night trip Mar 21, 2014
Jamie
"CLOSE TO CIVIC CTR & CRACKER BARREL"
GOOD
1 night trip Feb 28, 2014
"Convenient and well maintained"
It was a good experience. Better than expected. I stayed one day. Room is clean and everything working.
Other trip Feb 13, 2014
Johnny
Fine
1 night trip Dec 30, 2013
"CLEAN"
One of the cleanest hotels I've ever stayed at. Very comfortable bed. Upgraded tv with plenty of channels
1 night trip Jan 7, 2014
Jordan
ok stay
1 night business trip Jan 2, 2014
tom
"Great Hotel forgetting off the roads."
We were driving through Illinois heading for home(Wisconsin) when the roads became icy. Asked at the front desk about paying for a room with a credit card over the phone but was told it could not be done. They recommended doing it through Expedia. They were very helpful and the rooms were pretty clean. It was nice to have a fridge and microwave without having to ask for it. The microwave could have been bigger but we made it work. The continental breakfast was more than we expected and the rates were pretty good compared to others we checked into on Expedia. The front desk people were very polite, understanding and very helpful. I would stay here again.
Other trip Jan 7, 2014
"Stop on way to FL"
The hotel was very clean and comfortable
Other trip Jan 1, 2014
Deb
"Clean and comfortable"
The staff did a very good job greeting us and making us feel welcome. The room was clean and well maintained with a comfortable bed. We had recently stayed at another Super 8 in Evansville, IN (it was a disappointment), so this experience has renewed our faith in Super 8. All in all it was much better than average when compared to other discount motels.
Other trip Dec 28, 2013
Rob
"ended up not staying"
We requested a non smoking room and received a smoking. And boy did it smell like smoke. Couldn't stay and also did not get a refund from hotel.
1 night trip Dec 13, 2013
Cindy
"Better than expected"
Great pillows. Really, so comfy we wanted to keep sleeping. Breakfast was good, not great. But good for the price for sure.
2 night trip Dec 13, 2013
scott
"Perfect stop gap Motel"
Small motel just off I 57,, friendly and courteous staff.clean room with fridge n microwave.small but very adequate breakfast.Mc Donald's in the same lot just opposite to the motel. Price unbeatable. Great budget Motel for a family.
Other trip Nov 29, 2013
p
"Ok for one night traveling stay"
It was older hotel, great to be run by English speaking Americans. Two minor poor things: 1. If you have trouble w/stairs you should not stay here. Either 7 up or down to get to rooms. 2. Very small and not many choices for hot breakfast. Only oatmeal or waffles. No eggs, meat, etc! After saying those things and knowing them in advance I would spend another night there traveling!
Other trip Nov 26, 2013
business owner
"Comfortable for what I needed."
I was driving across country and needed a place to crash for the night. The room was fine for my needs, check in was smooth and quick, and I was able to grab a quick continental breakfast before I hit the road the next morning.
Other trip Nov 24, 2013
"This hotel was a pleasant surprise"
Stopping in town for the weekend and looking for a cheap place to crash, it exceeded my expectations. The entire hotel was clean, well maintained, and the staff were friendly and helpful. The refrigerator, microwave and coffee maker in the room were not expected, but clean and made our stay much more comfortable (what else do you do with leftovers when you're traveling?). A great deal, and I will be looking to stay here again if I find myself in Marion, IL.
Other trip Nov 6, 2013
well the stay was great, people were great everything was great. I made the reservations through Expedia and when I had Family problems and had to check out day early. I was locked in and could not cancel my room. No Refund I told Super 8 I would consider calling direct from now on.
Other trip Oct 29, 2013
"Inexpensive Alternative"
This hotel is a clean & decent hotel to stay in if you do not need the frills of a more expensive hotel. We have stayed here 2 years in a row when our focus on the trip was to spend the majority of our time with family & friends requiring only a clean, comfortable room for sleep & cleaning up. Staff has always been friendly.
Other trip Oct 28, 2013
"Fantastic"
Based on the online rating we were extremely impressed and very happy with our stay. The staff was very friendly and professional and helpful. Good choice plan to stay again.
Other trip Oct 20, 2013
stan and isaac
"in the middle between my book signings"
Have used this hotel 3 times and have enjoyed all 3 stays. Nice, friendly staff - helpful. would reccommend!
3 night business trip Oct 3, 2013
C.C. Wills
"Great motel. Neat little town, Marion"
I was especially happy with the amount of food available for breakfast. I had never seen the waffle maker before and they were delicious.
Other trip Oct 7, 2013
janice
"MINUS 8"
The place smells bad. Not sure if they use chemicals to cover up smoke or the place was built over a garbage dump. Musty, like it's growing mold. I asked to have a different room. Had a headache for day and a half. When we came back at 2:30 - 3:00 pm the new clerk was short and upset with us because we didn't stick around until the cleaning crew showed up at 9:00 am. Carried our own things up a flight to a new room. Didn't provide luggage carrier, or able bodied person to help. We are senior citizens and didn't appreciate the flippant clerk or the lack of help. New room still smells bad but not as bad as the 1st floor room. The water at this place tastes and smells like a combination of rocks and wood. Too earthy for me! They should change the name of this place to MINUS 8! Very bad.
Other trip Sep 30, 2013
The Bloomers
"Close to siu"
Very clean and the staff was very nice it was kid friendly easy to find when got there it was right off the express way I will be going back soon I'm going stay super 8 every time I'm there
Other trip Sep 30, 2013
"Economical and Clean"
Friendly Staff, Clean Room, Typical morning breakfast...though breakfast area is small. Price is reasonable for accommodations.
2 night trip Aug 30, 2013
Chapman
"Nice and Convenient"
My experience was great, the room was comfortable and located near many restaurants
Other trip Aug 25, 2013
TruDva
fine
2 night trip Aug 11, 2013
don
"Exactly as expected"
Overall the hotel is perfectly fine. It's a decent hotel, clean, with an OK breakfast, which is fine for the price range.
1 night business trip Aug 9, 2013
Stayed on first floor near a stair well--too much noise--children running up and down stairs. Room smelled like mildew upon entering.
1 night trip Jul 6, 2013
"Clean and friendly"
Very friendly and helpful staff and the rooms were clean and smoke-free. Adequate breakfast too. I recommend here again.
1 night trip Jul 6, 2013
Allen
"Nice and right off the interstate"
Easy to find, clean, and close to restaurants. Everyone was pleasant.
Other trip Jun 26, 2013
stevie
"Very pleased"
I am a single 66 y.o. handicapped female minor league baseball fan who likes to stay at Super 8's. This is one of the nicest I've ever stayed at. The front desk clerk, Jenica, was extremely helpful, even starting my car when the steering wheel jammed! The handicap room is away from the others ahd was very well appointed.
Other trip Jun 26, 2013
Ritr23
"Needs a little "green space"."
The hotel was clean and comfortable except that the location was unpleasant. It was located in an area close to parking and servicing of semi-trailer trucks and there was road construction in progress on the interstate nearby. But surprisingly it was quiet in the room and sleep was not disturbed. I felt claustrophobic not being able to leave the room and sit outside in a quiet green space for a little while during my stay. I don't need a pool but a few trees and a patio helps me to relax. Otherwise just going from the tight space of a car to a small room does not refresh for the next day on the road.
Other trip Jun 10, 2013
Need another chair or couch in the room. Two adults travelling and only one recliner to sit on. Desk chair does not count as comfortable chair for sitting or watching TV.
1 night trip May 19, 2013
aeb
"Good location, close to interstate and shopping ct"
Staff was very pleasant, from housekeeping to the front desk staff. They were very helpful and considerate of my needs. The hotel served a wonderful breakfast and kept everything stocked. Area was always clean. It was a very pleasant and relaxed stay at the hotel from check in to check out.
Other trip May 20, 2013
Typical Super 8. Decent room/breakfast for a fair price.
1 night trip May 11, 2013
Clean room, more spacious that I expected. The bed was very comfortable, the linens soft and the pillow felt like down (weren't, though, of course). The free continental breakfast was spare but OK - there is a McDonalds next door if you want a hot breakfast,. Our TV (old picture tube) burned out but was fixed/replaced promptly. The only complaint is that the maid didn't removed breakfast dished from the previous morning and didn't replenish the coffee or clean the carafe. I booked the room in advance through Expedia and the cost was very reasonable. We would stay here again.
Other trip May 15, 2013
"Good Value in today's world!"
Hotel was neat, clean, courteous staff, and had a nice convenient location. A good value in today's world of high priced hotels.
1 night trip May 6, 2013
"OVER NIGHT STAY"
A GOOD HOTEL FOR OVER NIGHT
1 night trip May 1, 2013
"After years of staying, won't stay ever again~"
First off, they put us in the handicap room. We are NOT handicap and others there were and could have used it. Next, I only slept 4 hrs total the first night because the bed was TERRIBLE, I mentioned this the the guy at the front desk and he acted like he already knew. Our room shared the doorway with the main door and everytime someone went in and out the front door would slam and bounce LOUDLY. Asked the front desk if she could do something, she said, "Nothing I can do, it will do that all night, every time." And didn't even apologize or care because she was too busy visiting with what appeared to be her boyfriend. We left the hotel at 9:35 p,m. ! The only thing good, is it was clean. We have stayed here many times in the last 5 years, NEVER EVER EVER AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!
2 night trip Apr 24, 2013
"hotel facts"
ultra small room music playing all night from nearby business no lobby, combination check in/out desk and breakfast area crammed in very small space...4 or more people made for difficulty getting to food, drinks thought visitor above may come down on top of us as we heard every foot step and running of water staff did best they could with what they had to work with the staff pushed the score to a 3, otherwise 1-2
Other trip Apr 23, 2013
"Mid trip stop"
Everything was very good, but bed a .little hard. Lots of construction on highway so catching exit tough. Price good for what you get.
1 night trip Mar 31, 2013
Hotel was clean and as advertised, staff was friendly. Room was a little noisy due to fridge in our room and next door. Good hotel for business traveler or couple not looking for frills
Other trip Apr 1, 2013
Ben
"Herd of cattle"
I stay at this particular super 8 a lot. Usually my stay is pleasant. This trip was terrible. It sounded like there were a herd of cattle staying above me. Children screaming in the halls at 2:00a and dogs barking at all hours. Not a good experience this trip. They get one more time, if its still not quiet. I'll go somewhere else!
4 night business trip Mar 25, 2013
"Great and safe hotel"
Very nice clean place to stay, comfortable, and quiet very pleasurable stay
Other trip Feb 4, 2013