All hotels in Marion, Illinois, United States of America
2601 Vernell Rd, Marion, IL, 62959, United States of America, ‏‎855-238-1592

The internet didn't work at times but everything else was satisfactory.
2 night business trip Oct 19, 2014
"clean and a good price"
clean and a good price
2 night family trip Oct 17, 2014
Donald
It was unfortunate that a large group that stayed there had to wake at 3:30am and decided to wake all the guests with their noise.
Other trip Oct 11, 2014
"Decent Hotel, Excellent Price"
I usually don't choose the cheapest hotel in a town but in this case I did. Good location close to the interstate, food and gas. Friendly staff, clean rooms, wifi and a nice breakfast. Couldn't ask for more in a one night stay.
Other trip Oct 9, 2014
"Cheap and Clean"
I have always been a Marriott girl so when I booked the Super 8 I was less than excited. But when I called to ask for a 4 hour early check in the staff was pleasant and helped me out. Also the room was very clean and updated. For the price I paid this room was a steal!
Other trip Oct 6, 2014
"Small room"
We stayed here one night of a weekend getaway, the room was a little small for a King Size bed but other than that everything was good.
1 night romance trip Sep 28, 2014
Lori
"4theLoveofShoes"
Clean quiet newly remodeled rooms:) Would prefer the stairs to rooms to be replaced with ramp or elevator. Not user friendly for luggage.
Response by Super 8 Marion
I am pleased to know that you enjoyed the newly refreshed rooms. The housekeeping staff work very hard to make sure every room clean. You were no exception and I am honored to know that we did not disappoint you. I am sorry the stairs were not convenient for you. When they built this hotel they did not look ahead at how important having an elevator would be and I truly sorry you had to go up and down stairs with your luggage during your stay with us. Than k you for choosing to stay with us during your recent visit to Marion, IL and we hope to see you again in the future.
2 night business trip Sep 8, 2014
"close to interstate"
Nice hotel.
Response by Super 8 Marion
Thank you, We are happy with the outcome of our remodel as well. After alot of hard work we have finally gotten the end result we were seeking and knowing that our guests are pleased as well is rewarding, so Thank you!
1 night business trip Aug 25, 2014
Hoosier
"beautiful, new rooms"
Very clean and quiet, right next to Hwy 75, will stay again, great rate, overall excellent stay!!
Response by Super 8 Marion
Thank you for letting us know that we were able to give you the clean, and quiet room in which you deserve after a day of traveling. I am pleased to know that you enjoyed your room. Recently our hotel went through a complete remodel and we feel that with the remodel helps our guest to feel more comfortable and at home when not able to be at home . We are located right off Interstate 57 exit 54 West. Again, Thank you for giving us the opportunity to give you a clean place to stay. We look forward to seeing you again in the future.
1 night trip Aug 21, 2014
"Perfect"
I could not have asked for a cleaner room or a more pleasant and helpful staff! I came in for family business and was very pleased with the accommodations. There was literally EVERYTHING I needed within a 1/4 mile of the motel - McDonalds, Sonic, Taco Bell, WalMart, Kroger and gas pumps! It is highly unlikely I will ever be back in Southern Illinois again (no more funerals to attend), but if I am I will definitely book at this motel!! Thanks, Kristie, for printing my boarding passes-you saved me a ton of time at the airport!!!!!!!
Response by Super 8 Marion
I am sorry to hear about your loss. We know how important it is to have a clean room and friendly staff when you are traveling whether it be for work or family business. I am pleased to know that the staff here at the Marion Super 8 treated you respectfully and Christy did whatever she could to make your traveling as pleasant as possible. We look forward to seeing if you ever decide to travel to Southern Illinois again.
2 night trip Aug 18, 2014
Sandra
Two night stay. I specifically asked the housekeeper to change the sheets for the 2nd night, and she didn't. In fact she wasn't going to refresh the towels and soap until I asked her to. The halls have an automatic timed scent dispenser, so all the hallways overwhelmingly smell like a very cheap perfume. Other than that all was OK and pretty clean.
Response by Super 8 Marion
I am sorry that you were not pleased with your stay with us and the housekeeper was not responsive to your needs. I would to thank you for bringing this to my attention so that I address this issue with my housekeeping department so that it will not happen to any other guest. I hope that if you travel to Marion, IL again you will give us another chance to make your next stay more pleasant.
2 night business trip Aug 14, 2014
"Move Kids into new apartment for college"
I like the new remodeled rooms. I have made several trips to Carbondale and try to super 8 inexpensive, clean, and meets my needs.
1 night trip Aug 15, 2014
"The staff was friendly!"
While the staff were friendly, the rooms were just ok. I did not like the fact that our fridge in our room smelled and I broke out from the linen. Must be the soap they use. The lobby was too small and cramped. I think that they just need to remodel this hotel.
Other trip Jul 28, 2014
Kate
"quick overnight"
We booked this hotel as a crashing point on the way from Nashville back to IL. Room had recently been updated and was very nice, clean. TV was outdated but a jack on the wall implied maybe updating soon? Bed was very comfortable, especially after a long day. Shower pressue cut in and out a few times but temp stayed stable. Convenient location just off interstate and near Carbondale where we spent the day. Staff was very friendly. Would stay here again.
1 night trip Jul 19, 2014
"Super friendly & clean"
The staff was very friendly. Hotel was clean & in a convenient location.
1 night business trip Jul 18, 2014
Travis
"Need some standard on Breakfast"
Pros - Room had two queen size bed. - Inside was clean. Cons - Breakfast had only bread, waffle, yogurt, coffee and tea. I think there should be a minimum standard for breakfast when hotel says that they have breakfast. - Smoke smell was there in the hallway - Shower did not work properly in the room 109. - Booked based on reviews, but could not see how it could get great reviews.
Other trip Jul 10, 2014
"Pleasantly surprised."
Maybe it boils down to market/brand recognition, but when I booked at Super 8, I didn't have much expectation of quality. Boy was I WRONG! This location had clearly undergone a recent renovation. The outside of the building was attractive and clean, my room was amazingly clean, handsomely appointed and the duvet looked like it had just come brand new out of it's box. Both the front desk staff and the housekeeping staff were, at all times, very friendly and helpful. And they actually smiled when they spoke and had excellent customer service skills. This review is for the Super 8 in Marion, IL. I would recommend it to anyone I know.
6 night trip Jun 24, 2014
Robert L.
Definitely the nicest super 8 I've ever stayed at but it was just remodeled so the rooms are in excellent condition but the new design is quite stunning and after staying in that overpriced death trap The Quality Inn in Carbondale the night before the Marion Super 8 was ridiculously comforting. We will definitely be staying there from now on when we visit the area.
1 night trip Jun 14, 2014
LJB
"Super 8 Surprise"
Haven't stayed at a Super 8 for years and was pleasantly surprised. The room was a little crowded with a small refrigerator, microwave, desk, chair, and dresser. But enjoyed having the refrigerator and microwave. Breakfast was very simple, but adequate for price.
1 night trip May 23, 2014
JRC
"Clean, comfortable, and convienent"
The staff were kind and helpful. The room was clean and comfortable. The breakfast was on par for what I expected.
1 night trip Jun 12, 2014
Seth
The walls were so thin it sounded like a herd of elephants in the room above us. The back entrance had an odor and the hallways did also. The vanity in the bathroom was too small. Difficult to set much on there one needs when getting ready.
1 night business trip Jun 7, 2014
Marilyn
"Exceptional"
The hotel staff was very pleasant The room was very clean
Other trip Jun 8, 2014
gearfe
"Love the beds!!"
Great job with everything!! Really only compaint is not a big selection for breakfast. The beds were great and so were the pillows! Would definitely stay again!!
2 night trip May 17, 2014
Christina
"One night stop in Marion, IL"
Could not have possibly had a nicer and more attentive desk attendant for check-in. Room was very adequate, smelled a bit stale but the facility is undergoing some remodeling so maybe mine room wasn't done yet. Very very convenient access to I-57 as well as dozens of businesses and eateries. Would very much recommend this for business travelers.
1 night trip May 21, 2014
Scott W
"okay"
Not the best place but it was good enough for a one night stay.
Other trip May 20, 2014
Was pleasantly surprised at the condition and cleanliness of this hotel. I have allergies to animals and was in a panic when checking in and realized they allow pets. The room was so well cleaned that I had no sneezing issues.
1 night trip May 9, 2014
"Wonderful place to stay"
Wonderful staff and very clean rooms. They were in the process of remodeling some rooms but otherwise one of the best hotels I've stayed at. Very friendly staff that made sure we had everything we ask for without making us feel like we were asking to much. I will stay there again.
2 night business trip May 2, 2014
"Not to good along street rebuilding"
I believe that I was over charged by Expedia for this facility right almond side major road construction and motel is older one of wood framing which has squeaky floors, very poor fitting door, and my room along side of stairwell !
Other trip May 4, 2014
jim
"Returning from Florida to IL"
This hotel is remodeling. Our room had a king bed and was completed except for the flat screen TV. A little hard to find because of the road construction. Room was very nice and breakfast was cereal, coffee juice yorgurt fruit toast and a small cinnamon roll. Attendant friendly. Restaurants nearby. No pool or exercise room but the price was more econimical as all we needed was a place to sleep. We would say here again. Good for couples who are just traveling and need a overnite room
Other trip Apr 25, 2014
Jandie
"Good place to stop"
We stopped over on the way to deliver a rescue puppy. The hotel is in the middle of some renovations, but it was overall pretty clean. Our room had not been renovated yet so it did not have baseboards, but I figure we got the one we did because we had a dog. We had asked for a king size bed, but got a queen. The desk clerk brought us more pillows and the morning clerk replaced our hair dryer. All in all it was not bad considering.
1 night trip Mar 21, 2014
Jamie
"CLOSE TO CIVIC CTR & CRACKER BARREL"
GOOD
1 night trip Feb 28, 2014
"Convenient and well maintained"
It was a good experience. Better than expected. I stayed one day. Room is clean and everything working.
Other trip Feb 13, 2014
Johnny
Fine
1 night trip Dec 30, 2013
"CLEAN"
One of the cleanest hotels I've ever stayed at. Very comfortable bed. Upgraded tv with plenty of channels
1 night trip Jan 7, 2014
Jordan
ok stay
1 night business trip Jan 2, 2014
tom
"Great Hotel forgetting off the roads."
We were driving through Illinois heading for home(Wisconsin) when the roads became icy. Asked at the front desk about paying for a room with a credit card over the phone but was told it could not be done. They recommended doing it through Expedia. They were very helpful and the rooms were pretty clean. It was nice to have a fridge and microwave without having to ask for it. The microwave could have been bigger but we made it work. The continental breakfast was more than we expected and the rates were pretty good compared to others we checked into on Expedia. The front desk people were very polite, understanding and very helpful. I would stay here again.
Other trip Jan 7, 2014
"Stop on way to FL"
The hotel was very clean and comfortable
Other trip Jan 1, 2014
Deb
"Clean and comfortable"
The staff did a very good job greeting us and making us feel welcome. The room was clean and well maintained with a comfortable bed. We had recently stayed at another Super 8 in Evansville, IN (it was a disappointment), so this experience has renewed our faith in Super 8. All in all it was much better than average when compared to other discount motels.
Other trip Dec 28, 2013
Rob
"ended up not staying"
We requested a non smoking room and received a smoking. And boy did it smell like smoke. Couldn't stay and also did not get a refund from hotel.
1 night trip Dec 13, 2013
Cindy
"Better than expected"
Great pillows. Really, so comfy we wanted to keep sleeping. Breakfast was good, not great. But good for the price for sure.
2 night trip Dec 13, 2013
scott
"Perfect stop gap Motel"
Small motel just off I 57,, friendly and courteous staff.clean room with fridge n microwave.small but very adequate breakfast.Mc Donald's in the same lot just opposite to the motel. Price unbeatable. Great budget Motel for a family.
Other trip Nov 29, 2013
p
"Ok for one night traveling stay"
It was older hotel, great to be run by English speaking Americans. Two minor poor things: 1. If you have trouble w/stairs you should not stay here. Either 7 up or down to get to rooms. 2. Very small and not many choices for hot breakfast. Only oatmeal or waffles. No eggs, meat, etc! After saying those things and knowing them in advance I would spend another night there traveling!
Other trip Nov 26, 2013
business owner
"Comfortable for what I needed."
I was driving across country and needed a place to crash for the night. The room was fine for my needs, check in was smooth and quick, and I was able to grab a quick continental breakfast before I hit the road the next morning.
Other trip Nov 24, 2013
"This hotel was a pleasant surprise"
Stopping in town for the weekend and looking for a cheap place to crash, it exceeded my expectations. The entire hotel was clean, well maintained, and the staff were friendly and helpful. The refrigerator, microwave and coffee maker in the room were not expected, but clean and made our stay much more comfortable (what else do you do with leftovers when you're traveling?). A great deal, and I will be looking to stay here again if I find myself in Marion, IL.
Other trip Nov 6, 2013
well the stay was great, people were great everything was great. I made the reservations through Expedia and when I had Family problems and had to check out day early. I was locked in and could not cancel my room. No Refund I told Super 8 I would consider calling direct from now on.
Other trip Oct 29, 2013
"Inexpensive Alternative"
This hotel is a clean & decent hotel to stay in if you do not need the frills of a more expensive hotel. We have stayed here 2 years in a row when our focus on the trip was to spend the majority of our time with family & friends requiring only a clean, comfortable room for sleep & cleaning up. Staff has always been friendly.
Other trip Oct 28, 2013
"Fantastic"
Based on the online rating we were extremely impressed and very happy with our stay. The staff was very friendly and professional and helpful. Good choice plan to stay again.
Other trip Oct 20, 2013
stan and isaac
"in the middle between my book signings"
Have used this hotel 3 times and have enjoyed all 3 stays. Nice, friendly staff - helpful. would reccommend!
3 night business trip Oct 3, 2013
C.C. Wills
"Great motel. Neat little town, Marion"
I was especially happy with the amount of food available for breakfast. I had never seen the waffle maker before and they were delicious.
Other trip Oct 7, 2013
janice
"MINUS 8"
The place smells bad. Not sure if they use chemicals to cover up smoke or the place was built over a garbage dump. Musty, like it's growing mold. I asked to have a different room. Had a headache for day and a half. When we came back at 2:30 - 3:00 pm the new clerk was short and upset with us because we didn't stick around until the cleaning crew showed up at 9:00 am. Carried our own things up a flight to a new room. Didn't provide luggage carrier, or able bodied person to help. We are senior citizens and didn't appreciate the flippant clerk or the lack of help. New room still smells bad but not as bad as the 1st floor room. The water at this place tastes and smells like a combination of rocks and wood. Too earthy for me! They should change the name of this place to MINUS 8! Very bad.
Other trip Sep 30, 2013