All hotels in San Jose, California, United States of America
You can collect Hotels.com® Rewards nights here1860 The Alameda, San Jose, CA, 95126, United States of America, ‏‎855-238-1592

2.9
    2.8
    2.6
    2.4
"Wrong room"
Hotel was ok except the front desk gave us a room that was already occupied. Walking into the room was a little uncomfortable, but we were able to get a new room. It did take us about 45 extra minutes to get checked into our room. After we were finally were in out room everything was average.
1 night family trip May 6, 2015
"very quiet"
I slept like a baby. Comfy mattress.
1 night business trip Apr 29, 2015
Rebecca
"Don't stay here unless you like sleeping with bugs"
Disgusting... stay away
1 night business trip Feb 24, 2015
"pretty good"
Nice,Quite decent.
2 night trip Mar 28, 2015
"Meh"
Not the cleanest room, but adequate. Musty smell, well aged room. Easy parking and access in and out of hotel. Complimentary pastries and coffee was nice.
2 night family trip Mar 26, 2015
"Never staying here"
When we got there the room smell really bad like old homes the carpet was really dirty nd the bathroom was nasty.. U could see the bathroom sinks dusty nd it was just a total disaster.. I wish I coul off find something better to stay.. Will never stay nd it was not worth me paying 150 dollars for this kind of shady place
1 night trip with friends Feb 28, 2015
Alma
"Smelly, not good."
Room was very smelly, had to brew coffee to cover the other smell. Very old, bed lumpy. Doors would not close without force. Will not go back.
1 night trip with friends Mar 3, 2015
Lois
"A smelly room"
Staff was very polite, but when I entered my non-smoking room and got hit with tobacco smell and an ashtray on the table, I went directly back to the office. I was told it was a non-smoking room and the front desk asked the maintenance man to remove the ash tray and add some room spray, which was done promptly. I was also told that I reserved a smoking room, even though my reservation says non-smoking, and that there was no guarentee that I would get the non-smoking room that I requested. The smell remained and I got my own spray that covered the smell better and after constant spraying, I was able to go to sleep. The hotel is old and fairly clean, but could have used a little cleaning with effort and it would have been better. I don't like being lied to, so I won't be staying there again.
1 night business trip Feb 25, 2015
"Keep looking"
This would be a hotel that you would expect to pay $29.99 a night for in the midwest, not $149. The hotel is old, and even though it appeared to be under some sort of renovation (painting only), it's still an old hotel. Room set-up was poor. Not designed for the furniture the room contained. If you can't find anything else, which was my case, it's a place to sleep. The deadlock didn't work, which made me a little nervous... last resort hotel if you can't find anything else. For the money, it wasn't worth it. I've stayed at five-star Sheratons that were outstanding that cost less per night.
1 night business trip Feb 25, 2015
"Not recommended"
I'll be honest, as a solo female business traveler, I didn't feel entirely comfortable in this hotel. The rooms were also very outdated and the walls were paper thin. The only good thing about this hotel is the location.
4 night business trip Feb 2, 2015
"Okay hotel"
Clean, large room and huge bathroom. Granite or granite like counters and tile in the bathroom. Continental breakfast was offered, but we didn't partake in because we were told by the booking representative that it had a full breakfast. The lobby was tiny and we didn't feel comfortable in there. Refrigerator was unplugged when we arrived and hadn't been on in quite awhile as it wasn't cold at all. We plugged it in, but it was too noisy for sleeping, so we unplugged it again.
Other trip Feb 10, 2015
Smilinghart
"Hotel was dirty, terrible customer service."
the Hotel was dirty, room was not ready, customer service was terrible. We did not stay overnight. Couldn't wait to get out of there.
Other trip Jan 27, 2015
"Large room, comfortable for the price,"
Roomy for a motel, comfortable. The window in the bathroom could have used some cleaning in the last few months, dust+/- mold on the frame and sill, otherwise it was reasonably clean.
Other trip Jan 22, 2015
bg
"Eh......."
It was a room, that's about it.
2 night romance trip Dec 3, 2014
Matthew
The worst hotel I have stayed at. The room smelled like cat urine. The office smelled like rotting garbage. I would stay in my car before staying here again. It did have wall outlets and hot water
Other trip Dec 6, 2014
"Large, comfortable room - a good value, too."
We were pleasantly surprised at how spacious and comfortable the room was. It also had a small fridge and microwave, hair dryer and ironing board and iron - very nice! The room was very clean and the staff was efficient and friendly.
Other trip Nov 25, 2014
Bruce
"Motel 0"
This was my first and my last stay at a Motel 8, tired, smelly, dark, etc. They should not call it "breakfast", bare minimum and ran out of yogurt.
Mo
"We stayed here because nothing else was available"
Noisy, cheap, basic.... Price was too high for the experience.
NessTaggs
"Filty"
Our room was filthy. There were bugs flying around inside. There were no other rooms available around the airport. I can't believe that you would even include this place on your website.
1 night family trip Nov 10, 2014
"Hotel needs a complete renovation."
The only plus about this hotel is the location, anything else I would not recommend it to anyone: Rooms look and smell like have not be cleaned for month, no hot water, mattresses are old and very uncomfortable, bedding smell uncleaned, furniture are old, marked, and full of graffiti. TV does not work and set in a location impossible to watch.
Other trip Nov 17, 2014
"Awful place with worse people"
I checked into this hotel for a business trip the other day and got so creeped out by all the other people staying there and lurking around all over the property that I left the hotel within 30 minutes of checking in and stayed somewhere else
1 night business trip Oct 20, 2014
"are stay in san jose"
It was nice clean rooms swimming pool looked nice had handicapped lift .
1 night family trip Oct 12, 2014
Dea Ann
"Not that great"
Check-in was very friendly. The room had an unusual odor to it. When I came back from my conference I was all ready for bed and called to get more blankets. They had me walk to the front desk to get them. I feel like if a hotel is charging over $100 for a night, they need to bring blankets to the room for you or have an extra one there.
1 night business trip Oct 10, 2014
Adria
"This place stinks."
Bad parking, room stunk so bad it got into my clothing. The room décor was poor, old and out dated. This is the worst hotel I have ever stayed in. It was rated 2 stars, and I figured what hotel could be 2 stars? After staying there, I wouldn't even rate it that high.
1 night trip Oct 5, 2014
Jim T
"shabby not chic!"
i was shocked to discover that there were burn holes in the comforter overall the room was very shabby looking
1 night family trip Sep 29, 2014
Monica
"Elton John concert"
This is an an older motel but well kept and very clean. Big rooms, fridge, microwave. Only negative, thin towels. Quiet rooms, friendly helpful staff. After the concert I was in need of a fork and paper plate for a snack. The desk man gave me 4 of each. Nice. A fantastic Mexican restaurant adjacent to the motel gave us an exceptional dinner. Try the shrimp and octopus fajita. The concert was at the SAP Center, a 4 minute drive at 7p on a Thursday. We rented 2 rooms as I had my daughter and sister with me. Their experience was the same as mine. Our next visit to San Jose, regardless of the reason, we will stay at this Super 8 motel.
Other trip Oct 4, 2014
"Not Recommended"
I got this hotel because it was cheap, but little did I realize what I was in for. The hotel staff was nice and such, but the room itself left a lot to be desired. First walking in the room you get hit with a smell that makes you wonder if the last resident knew what a shower was. Then walking into the bathroom you realize why the person would have forgone the shower. The bathroom window had mold growing up the vinyl (which I didn't know was possible). There were smears of snot on the wall that I swear grew two sizes and teeth while from the first visit to the morning. The bed squeaked if you just looked at it so forget about getting any sleep. I took a shower the second I got home for fear that I had taken some sort of parasite with me. I felt like my skin was crawling the entire time I was there. All and all a good stay otherwise.
1 night business trip Aug 26, 2014
"Then and Now"
I was kind of skeptical about booking a room at the Super 8 hotel in San Jose, Ca. I stayed here a couple of years ago and was highly unsatisfied with the attitude of the hotel staff, and the general atmosphere of the hotel. I booked through Hotels.com and was pleased with the agents' efforts to accommodate me with quality customer service. Efforts by the Super 8 manager, Jeff, convinced me that the hotel is a very nice place to stay now. The room was clean, comfortable, quiet. The pool was clean, as well as the surrounding area. I enjoyed my stay and would definitely recommend it to a friend.
1 night family trip Aug 13, 2014
Becky
"Adequate"
From beginning to end, breakfast, pool and everything in between was completely adequate.... nothing fancy, but well worth the price.... super friendly!!!
1 night business trip Aug 2, 2014
Only stayed for 1 night....good location and access to freeway.
1 night trip Aug 1, 2014
"Okay for an overnight stay."
Room was very spacious but sparcely furnished. We could hear the people upstairs walking around their room-the floor was very creaky.
1 night family trip Jul 16, 2014
"Close to Safeway and airport"
The food joint attached to it is quite noisy. The area is a little rougher. However for a close hotel to the highway, airport, and stores. It is just fine. Rooms were clean not the newest but still clean.
Other trip Jul 16, 2014
"Hotel close to the airport"
I was travelling to east coast in the early morning flight and hence thought of staying somewhere nearby hotel in San Jose. Lighting was not good. Ambiance is horrible. Sometime it is scary to stay alone. This will be my 1st and last stay in Super 8 Motel. I will never recommend this hotel to anyone.
Other trip Jul 12, 2014
Srinivas
"CHEAPER THAN MOST BE PREPARED FOR THE DOWNSIDE."
I attended a Tony Robbins event with my wife at San Jose Convention Center. The late hours of the seminar made me consider a lower cost hotel since we would just sleep there. But I forgot that there are prices to pay to save money. Noisy in the hallway all night, noisy in the parking lot too. One pillow for each person that quickly squashes to paper thin when you try to cradle your head. Old fashioned tube type TV was okay just for nostalgia. Breakfast was a choice of corn flakes or raisin bran with coffee and powdered creamer. There were apples and a few pre-packaged pastries. Two tables and eight chairs for 3 families at a time. The outdoor corridors to the rooms were dirty and stained with things people spilled carrying there meals to their rooms. I would not stay there again. Certainly not worth $105 a night.
Other trip Jul 1, 2014
Randy
"This place is going down the tubes"
I stayed here 7 months ago & the place was a shave above decent. 7 months later, the place is totally falling apart! If I were the owner, I'd put a little more of my profits into the upkeep of my investment. Disappointing
Other trip Jun 23, 2014
Lare Dog
"Good location but hotel is becoming rundown"
This property needed some work. At check in, the desk clerk could barely be bothered to get up from his nap and then complained about how tired he was. I reserved a non-smoking room - but all that were available were smoking rooms. It smelled like it too. I opened the windows - but it was a hot day and soon had to close it up and turn on the air conditioning (worked fine, thank goodness). The room itself was older but clean. The furniture was in poor condition; I was afraid the desk chair was going to break. The pool appeared clean. There is a Mexican restaurant on site. I did not try it, but the clerk warned me about staying on the ground level due to the noise (which I did not notice - but must be an issue sometimes). The upside to all this was the rate - very competitive for the area. Still, I stayed in comparably priced rooms during my trip with far better rooms and staff.
1 night trip Jun 8, 2014
msninalaska
"good hotel, wrong room"
Service great, price good, first night had quiet room. Second stay very noisy - no sleep. Didn't change because told this was last room. Found out in morning that we could have changed.
1 night trip Jun 5, 2014
wjthore
"Nice hotel in walking distance of the SAP Center"
4 of us shared a room here while in town for a concert & couldn't have been happier. Super friendly staff, a good size room for the price (we never felt cramped) and very clean. Definitely will stay here again
Other trip Jun 11, 2014
"good hotel"
I stayed for one night there since I was going to a concert at the SAP Center. Convenient location. 30 minute walk to SAP Center and $10 cab ride back from there. This is an OK hotel with the basics and ok for the price. Not great, but not bad at all either.
Other trip Jun 5, 2014
Francisco
"No running water"
I tried to stay at this hotel but when I got there they didn't have any hot water I called and they told me to let it run for 20 minutes! I did and then the water shut off no water at all went to the front desk they told me they didn't have any other rooms and couldn't help me!!! It was 10:00 PM I had a very early morning. I requested a full refund and found another hotel. Never ever stay here they are very unprofessional and the building is falling apart!!!!
Other trip Jun 3, 2014
"Not a good place to stay"
room smelled bad dirty spotted carpeting rooms, molding, bath need painting and renovating. a ghetto felling, appearance.
Other trip May 15, 2014
The chap at the counter was extremely friendly and very service-oriented. We arrived late and had a few extra needs which he very promptly and cheerfully handled for us. His cheerful and very willing attention and help makes all the difference from being "just another run of the mill 2 star hotel" place to somewhere we would want to stay again, even though the hotel itself is nothing special..
2 night business trip May 5, 2014
"Nasty"
The room smelled horrible I went down to the off and had to get some spray that didn't help much The bed and pillows were the most uncomfortable I have ever had to endure !! I will never stay the again
Other trip May 4, 2014
lori
"Perfect for what it's supposed to be."
This was by far the best motel room that I have ever had. It was larger than average, very clean and we'll maintained. No unpleasant odor. I got the room as prepaid and this process worked out perfectly. Also I was staying in the motel for a music event happening near by and when getting to hotel I realized that I lost the ticket. The worker at the front desk was very helpful to me to print the new tickets. Honestly the stay at this motel was perfect for a price, definitely better than expected. The only small thing was that the air conditioner was a bit underpowered
Other trip May 3, 2014
Dmytro
"Perfect for what it's supposed to be."
Other trip May 3, 2014
Dmytro
"Nice hotel close to San Jose Airport"
This was my second time there and was good, the only negative thing is the air conditioner, was no too good also the floor into the room was really noisy.
Other trip Apr 26, 2014
Cesar
"Bedbug infested hotel"
Worst Hotel ever, demanded refund two stars... I don't think so !!!
4 night business trip Apr 7, 2014
"Very convenient and fairly reasonable"
Nothing outstanding in terms of amenities or room. Old TVs, wireless worked OK. Bed was comfortable. More or plumper pillows would have been nice. Overall a good choice.
1 night trip Apr 15, 2014
Dale
"business"
Old 70's hotel in a nice neighborhood. New carpet but furniture is very old. Music from the bar next door plays late, you can hear it even though my room was at the other end of the hotel.
1 night business trip Apr 2, 2014
"Close to everything, just not very nice rooms"
Stayed for 2 days for a conference in San Jose. Rooms are old, beds are hard, pillows are horrible, and the room smelled "musty". For how much they charge, there are better hotels out there that don't make you feel "gross" after you leave them.
Other trip Mar 25, 2014