All hotels in San Jose, California, United States of America
You can collect Hotels.com® Rewards nights here1860 The Alameda, San Jose, CA, 95126, United States of America, ‏‎855-238-1592

2.9
    2.8
    2.6
    2.4
"Close to everything, just not very nice rooms"
Stayed for 2 days for a conference in San Jose. Rooms are old, beds are hard, pillows are horrible, and the room smelled "musty". For how much they charge, there are better hotels out there that don't make you feel "gross" after you leave them.
Other trip Mar 25, 2014
"good place to stay."
Outside appearance you may have doubts, but the rooms are clean and spacious.
1 night trip Mar 18, 2014
"Great stay. Free breakfast and wifi internet."
Great stay. Free breakfast and wifi internet. Staff are so friendly. Will be back in San Jose in September and will spend all my 3 days there.
Other trip Mar 20, 2014
jimi
"I definitely recommend this hotel"
Visited for business and pleasure. I often stay at Super 8 for value, but this is probably the best one I ever stayed at, and a great experience regardless of brand. Front desk clerk was very funny and friendly. Helped answer my many questions about area, restaurants, and travel. Room was very clean and comfortable. Surprisingly quiet so I rested well. Excellent area near very big strip mall, short drive to airport and downtown. I will be back.
Other trip Mar 18, 2014
Will
"next door to CSE"
fine, there is soom noise from room above.
1 night trip Mar 14, 2014
Sandra
"So So, Room was fairly Clean Except the bathroom"
Overall the room was good, Wifi was surprisingly good, the room was sparse. For what I paid I thing it was a good deal. I would stay there again. The bathroom could have been cleaner. It location was good only 6 minutes away from the class that I attended. I think I only paid $79.00 per night.
2 night trip Mar 5, 2014
Glenn
"Miserable"
Stayed 1 Friday night. Connecting restaurant offered people arguing outside of rooms, bass thumping thru walls. Upstairs occupants allowed us to hear "Everything". Sink dispersed brown water. Management offered a different room reluctantly. Due to the late hour we stayed. Should've moved
1 night trip Feb 14, 2014
Green
"Hard to believe - sheets were not changed!"
Very disappointing that the one of the beds still had "wet remnants" left by the previous guests in the room that was assigned to us. We asked for the sheets to be changed, so the best management could do was to send staff to deliver clean sheets. Very disappointing, and quite unnerving.
Other trip Feb 14, 2014
"Satisfied Customer"
The room was clean and adequate for an overnight stay. I was surprised they had irons and ironing boards as well as shampoo and conditioner. An added surprise for the cost of the room. Staff was accommodating and friendly.
1 night trip Feb 5, 2014
"Never staying here again!"
I specifically requested a non smoking room. Upon checking in we got to our room and low and behold it was a smoking room. Went to talk to the front desk and he told me that I had reserved a smoking room. I showed him my reservation for non smoking and he basically told me too bad.
Other trip Feb 6, 2014
"Horrible service, needs updating, don't stay here!"
After staying at the super 8 near the Shoreline Ampitheatre in Mountain View, we immediately booked a room at the Super 8 in San Jose for the next concert we attended, at the SAP center. To our dismay, our request of a non smoking room was completely ignored, and the staff was frankly quite unapologetic. They told us that hotels.com does not provide them with guests' preferences and maintained that it was not the fault of their organization, rather the fault of hotels.com. Obviously this is NOT a true statement, and after a lengthy phone call to hotels.com customer service, the discrepancy was somewhat rectified by a credit to our account for a future stay at a hotel of our choice. Unfortunately, we still had to stay the night in the dirty, stinky quarters of our Super 8 room. Thank you Hotels.com for doing your best to make this better. They ought to knock this place down and start over. Not clean (even when the nicotine was disregarded)! Just bad. BAD.
1 night trip Jan 30, 2014
"AVERAGE CITY HOTEL"
Was advised on arrival they had no non-smoking rooms ... said all rooms were smoking. Something was going on in the area so alternate rooms were not really possible without spending significantly more money. I had also booked thru Expedia so a last minute cancellation/change would incurred a significant penalty - thanks expedia. Terrible room with lingering smoke smell, cloths smelled of smoke when I got home. Note to self, check for smoking element when making reservation - of course this is the first time I have come across this situation of a hotel without non-smoking rooms in many years
Other trip Feb 3, 2014
"Don't stay here!"
Room was very run down. Lots of carpet stains, dirty, wrinkled, yellowed sheets, pillows looked like bags of rags, bathroom towels small and thin and room reeked of stale smoke. I literally could not sleep in the bed, so I had to check-out and find another room.
Other trip Jan 31, 2014
Eileen T
"This hotel should be taken off the Expedia list!"
Ran a Former Marine out of the building!! Will not ever return the place is filthy and when you can run off a Marine that says it all!!
Other trip Nov 28, 2013
JW
"Dirty"
Hotel is dirty and needs updating
1 night trip Nov 12, 2013
bed was hard and was very rundown need a lot of up grade but the staff was very friendly and helpful
Other trip Nov 3, 2013
"old and creepy!"
will never go back again! for the price would've gotten better rooms elsewhere!
Other trip Oct 18, 2013
Abdu
"You get what you pay for"
Thankfully we were able to get this room cheaper than the advertised price of $90 or I would have demanded my money back. The place hasn't been updated since Carter was in office. The bed needs to be replaced along with everything else. Timers for the lights in the room is really annoying, especially if you're trying to charge your electronics. We chose the bottom floor, which was a mistake. The people above us kept walking back and forth till at least 3 am. My sleeping pill finally kicked in so who knows how late they were up. The room did come with microwave and a fridge which worked well. The room was clean and spacious. I find it weird though that the sink was not in the bathroom. The tv is also really far from the bed and small as it is an older unit, but at least you get a good channel lineup. The grounds seemed to kept up nicely and I felt safe with the door facing the courtside and not the street side. Breakfast was mediocre but free. One morning we had yogurt which was rock solid. Thankfully we had a microwave in our room to thaw it out!
Other trip Oct 16, 2013
"the pit"
Motel is OLD, DIRTY, and in poor maintenance. Rooms not as pictured, poorly arranged and carpets filthy. Would not have stayed except room was prepaid and motel would not refund. Mattress old and held up bu boards placed under it. Boards stuck out which caught us in the legs getting out of bed. NO closet, just a wall rack. TV hardly visable from bed, stuck next to room door. Ironing board hung on wall next to TV, microwave is an after thought, placed directly on top of refrigerator and blocking TV view. Continental Breakfast was a joke, YUCK! This place is a definite NO!!!!!!
Other trip Oct 15, 2013
Beth
"Basic hotel code SJC."
Basic Super 8 motel that is good enough for a good night's sleep.
Other trip Sep 27, 2013
"It's ok"
The hotel it's self was ok it could have been a lot better. Really you get less than what you pay for...
1 night trip Sep 19, 2013
Alex
So it was ok. Rooms are not properly maintained and there are a lot of other places that you would pay a lot less for and still get the same kinda room.
1 night trip Sep 17, 2013
Alexandrea
"Bad nite"
Stayed at your hotel before and this time I had a bad night, could not sleep this bed I was on, was horrible the blankets smelled so bad, so I went to my car at 2am and grabbed one of my own. After that I turned and tossed all night, my nite with super 8 was bad.
1 night trip Sep 13, 2013
Francisco
"Housekeeping was great"
The housekeepers were wonderful women. Anything I needed they helped. The room was clean except the carpet made our feet and socks black. Breakfast was pretty sorry.
1 night trip Aug 19, 2013
Nice budget motel. Its an older facility, but overall its clean and its in a nice part of San Jose.
2 night family trip Aug 12, 2013
"Reasonable motel"
The location is fine. It is about 10 min drive from the Winchester House of Mystery. We were passing through and need a place to stay. The hotel is not fancy, but decent. We had the misfortune of having some very loud and obnoxious people next to us.
1 night family trip Aug 3, 2013
"Great for the money"
Not the greatest hotel but room was large, clean, quiet and a great value. Glad it was not hot as AC was a little anemic and breakfast not great but Bills Café just down the road for one of the best breakfast experiences around. Would definitely stay again.
1 night trip Jul 31, 2013
"Desperately needed a room fast"
Needed a room on short notice close to HP Pavillion. Got it & not much more. Room smelled awful; graffiti on the lamp fixture & a roll away that had sunflower seeds and prescription drugs in the bedding(!).
Other trip Aug 1, 2013
Darren
"Nice Neighborhood"
We wanted to stay in Santa Cruz but everything was all booked up. This was the closest at the prize we could afford. We booked a smoking because that was all that was offered. When we got there, the man in the front desk asked and changed it for us. He knew we weren't smokers. He was kind of short but friendly at the same time. It looked like a nice neighborhood and lots near by. Walls were a bit thin, but we were tired.
1 night trip Jul 27, 2013
Closest to Santa Cruz
"Not a good choice"
The best feature was the pool. Rooms need renovating. Breakfast was a joke. They put out a box of pastries. Could've saved money by booking somewhere else and taking my kids to breakfast which is what I had to do anyway. The rooms are old. It's not a vacation motel but a motel for workers
2 night trip Jul 24, 2013
"Large rooms, good location"
Rooms are quite large and feature cross ventilation as well as refrigerators and microwave ovens. The service and amenities exceeded my expectations for a Super-8. This property has a very nice pool. Parking can be inconvenient when fully booked because of the adjacent nightclub. Furthermore, the nightclub is noisy, especially on weekends. Overall, a good value and comfortable room for the San Jose area. I would definitely stay here again.
4 night family trip Jul 20, 2013
"ick"
broken front door that wouldn't stay closed (that's really safe!) and a shower that wouldn't drain.
Other trip Jul 22, 2013
"**Dirty**"
Dirty room with used condoms present. Staff was very unpleasant like it was our fault the room was dirty upon arrival. The front desk clerk (night shift after 945p) argued with us and said there was no staff to clean the room and no manager to be reached. DISGUSTING!!! I knew we weren't staying at a Hilton but come on....! This stay turned my family off to the whole town of San Jose. We will never go back!
Other trip Jul 3, 2013
Unhappy
"This place is a dump"
Other than convenient location there is nothing positive about this property.
Other trip Jul 2, 2013
"Ehhhh whatever"
This place is not great but not bad either. The rooms were decent but i would not come back. the guy at the front desk was not interested in my concerns and was a real smart a**! I also think its way over priced
3 night business trip Jun 14, 2013
Rosa
"room condition"
1. Coffeemaker is out of order 2. One lamp is out of order 3. Very noisy during my sleeping time( someone turned on music so loud, on Friday night, it lasted from evening till 4am in morning Saturday)
2 night business trip Jun 6, 2013
"Not a great property but convenient location"
you get what you pay for. Motel quality room, minimal towels, thin walls. You could hear people outside as well as people in adjoining rooms.
Other trip Jun 7, 2013
"recommended stay"
Good hotel at a good price. Can't go wrong. Nice location to HP Pavilion.
Other trip Jun 2, 2013
"HP PAVILION"
RESTERANT NEEDS HELP!
1 night trip May 22, 2013
DAVEL
We have stayed at several super 8 motels but this one was not great. Our room had a smell the pool was not open an the restaurant in the motel was a lil mexican place. We love love love mexican food but that place was not good an very expensive w very small portions.
1 night family trip May 13, 2013
melissa
"Would not recommend this mote"
I checked into this motel with the assumption that I could use the pool area to sit outside in the sun....but was told the pool was down for maintenance. That was very disappointing especially when they provided no other option for me to sit outdoors, so I sat in my room on a beautiful sunny day watching television! Strike one! The first night there, I was awakened in the early early morning hours by extremely loud noise and young children banging and yelling in the unit below. When reported to the front desk was told that the family had lost their home in a fire that night. I feel badly for that family, but does that make it ok for them to rudely awaken the other guests at the hotel? I checked out early and found another motel that was more respectful of the guests.
Other trip May 13, 2013
"Horrible"
This hotel was not clean what so ever. The person that checked us in was rude, not helpful what so ever, and just flat out mean. He didn't even explain to us where our room is. I felt like I had bugs crawling on me all night long. The bathroom was so gross I wouldn't even take a shower there.
1 night trip Apr 24, 2013
Tara
"bon jovi trip"
hotel was dirty, not kept up on outside, loud and smelled old.
Other trip Apr 27, 2013
"Not worth your time."
One Channel, no internet, unsafe the door to the room looks like it was kicked in.
Other trip Apr 26, 2013
"Great Spot"
The location was the best part of being at this hotel. It was in a cute part of town and it was very close to HP pavillion.
1 night trip Apr 6, 2013
"Well, it's a motel"
The only thing that can make a motel outstanding, in my eyes, is outstanding service. I've never had a clerk just walk away from the front desk and ignore the bell before, so... outstandingly unpleasant.
1 night trip Apr 5, 2013
Rooms are nice and big needs a lil updating.staff is friendly.
1 night trip Mar 22, 2013
Jezzi
Ok for just a overnight stay. Nothing close by
1 night trip Mar 24, 2013
jezzi
Room smelled of cat urine. Had to move to a second room which required more discussion with staff than necessary.
1 night business trip Mar 18, 2013
"cleanliness"
The bedroom was clean. The batnroom needs a good cleaning, especially the tile floor. We booked a 2 queen non smoking room. When we got there they had a 1 bed smoking room available. I have asthma so that was not going to work. The man behind the counter wasnt too friendly but said he would see what he could do. He got us what we originally paid for but on the 2nd. floor. Our 32 year year old Son has a physical disabity but at that point, tired, we did the best that we could and took the room.
1 night trip Feb 23, 2013