All hotels in Myrtle Beach, South Carolina, United States of America
2711 S Ocean Blvd, Myrtle Beach, SC, 29577-4848, United States of America, ‏‎855-238-1592

2.9
    2.5
"An HONEST review"
I booked this super8 after reading the negative reviews because I have stayed in an economy, 3 star hotel before and everything ended up being fine. After all, I was only staying in MB for a weekend, how bad could it be? First off, the front desk attendant was extremely rude right off the bat. We had to wait a little longer than check in time to get our room, no big deal. Once I got my key and walked into my room, I was in shock. Crumbs, bodily fluids, and food smeared on all the sheets. Dirty carpet, hole in the wall. Microwave and fridge were completely filthy. Huge stain on the wall near the AC unit. Bathroom had mold and not clean what so ever. Can't say it was a surprise since I watch the "housekeeping guy" walk from room to room with a cigarette in his mouth and spend about 2mins in each one. I spent about 30min in the room before I went to the front desk and asked for my deposit and refund cause there was no way I could sleep there. Immediate attitude from the front desk lady, she responded "I know that room is clean". Then I showed her the pictures I took and she didn't have much to say then. Keeping it professional as I could, I just asked for my deposit and left. Later she called and offered me a refund, I'm assuming in fear I would report them. I couldn't even last there for 30mins, I don't know how anyone actually lays there head there. We stayed at a days inn a little ways down the street that had a lower rating, but let me tell you it was WAYYY better.
Other trip Mar 16, 2015
amanda
"disapointed"
The room was not fresh. No cream & sugar or coffee cups. Other gest were smoking pot in the parking lot and the hall.
1 night family trip Mar 7, 2015
first checkin room was not made up from previous day. Second room had no toilet paper and bed sagged seriously. will not return.
Other trip Feb 24, 2015
"Filthy outdated hotel"
carpet dirty, bad breakfast, thread bare bedding, horrible experience
Other trip Oct 28, 2014
"good time hotel"
Had a good time. Liked the location. swimming pool was a bonus. Parking was nice and easy.
Other trip Oct 20, 2014
"Just in town for a night"
Overall the staff was professional and the room was clean. No issues with noise or area. For being right on the beach it is a decent place and deal. If looking for a bed and shower its a good spot to rest after a long day in town or at beach
1 night business trip Oct 11, 2014
"Nice price, nice hotel"
For a one night stay, it was comfortable and the staff was nice. We booked an oceanfront but didn't even have a balcony. Non-smoking but many were sitting outside of rooms where you had to walk through their smoke to get around. The beds were very comfortable and clean.
Other trip Oct 13, 2014
Dale
"Not worth the savings"
This hotel is rundown and absolutely disgusting. So much so that I was going to just eat the money for the 2 nights stay that we did not use and get another room at another hotel. They claimed to be "remodeling" however there was no sign that the "remodeling" had even begun...no workers, construction dumpsters, etc. Our first room was already assigned to someone else. The second room they gave us had 2 inches of dirt in the tub (the desk person replied "Oh yeah. we were having a plumbing problem in there so I guess I should assign you to another room"...You think?!) The THIRD room we were put in had a bed that was so uncomfortable I had nightmares, literally. I have stayed in MANY Super 8 motels over the years and have NEVER seen one so disgusting and outdated. I asked to be given a voucher to move to another Super 8 and was told they could not do that because they are an independent franchise. Unfortunately for them I am smart enough to know that as a franchise they are still expected to maintain a certain level of standards based on guidelines set forth by Super 8/Wyndham. When I called her on it she suddenly remembered the managers number and they gave me a refund for the remaining two nights we had booked after originally saying there was nothing she could do.
Other trip Oct 13, 2014
Myke
"Value for money"
It is a value deal for the money. Breakfast was okay and the hotel was just on the beach.
2 night family trip Oct 3, 2014
Suryakant
"very clean :)"
My family and stayed her for the weekend. It was really cheap and wasn't expecting much, but when we go in the room was sooo clean and smelled really good. We also liked that they had complimentary breakfast. I do want to say that the staff weren't that polite. Other then that we enjoyed our stay here..
1 night business trip Sep 27, 2014
syyl
"Wireless out"
Wireless was out the ENTIRE TRIP. Honestly, this is a big deal when on a business trip and was a huge turn off for the whole stay. If it had been working, the stay would have really been quite enjoyable, but Wi-Fi is such an essential service now that to not have it is really just pitiful.
2 night business trip Sep 26, 2014
Calvin
The staff was very nice. The breakfast was okay. The rooms defiantly need to be remodeled and holes need to be filled in. I got what I got for the price, but if it's in budget the rooms need to be redone.
2 night romance trip Sep 26, 2014
Mackenzie
"Needs work"
You could tell that they have been trying to upgrade but havnt finished it. Need to replace carpet and beds are over used.
2 night trip Sep 26, 2014
Phil
"Last minute booking"
It was okay, pictures are kinda misleading. The room is "updated" but the work was subpar at best. The front desk clerk was really nice and the location, albiet faf from the boardwalk, is next to the beach.
1 night family trip Sep 18, 2014
On the southern end of myrtle close to airport. staff was very friendly and room was very clean. beds were comfortable to me (I have a budging lower back disc so was afraid of this). We love the 2 ft section of the pool since we have a 2&3 year old. Right on the beach. Breakfast was great also: waffles (you cook in toaster), toast and jelly, oatmeal, fresh fruit, large packaged cinnamon rolls, cereal, coffee, OJ, milk, yogurt.
2 night family trip Sep 4, 2014
room was nice. view was nice. ac worked well. pool was crowded with small children and drunk people.
1 night trip Aug 31, 2014
Nicole p.
This was my second time staying here with my 3 children. It isn't the fanciest hotel but worth the price you pay. Free breakfast helped out with the budget, they have good coffee, eggos, yogurt, cereal, juice, muffins and fruit. The pool is a good size and clean. Access to the beach is easy and close. Parking is crowded but I've always found a spot. Staff is friendly and helpful.
1 night family trip Aug 22, 2014
Samantha
it was ok for the price but the owner need to remodeled
2 night trip Aug 19, 2014
yaye
was not very happy so I checked out had to work on shower head to get shower it was no balcony nasty looking
Other trip Aug 18, 2014
roxanne
Was okay pool was decent right on the beach shower was messed up from scalding hot to cold without changing the dial double beds were kind of uncomfortable and bedding was paper thin okay for a economy motel
2 night business trip Aug 10, 2014
Jeannie
"Great Location, Kind Staff"
We choose this hotel because it was one of the cheapest in hotel.com and with better reviews. The best of this hotel is the location, just in front of the beach, the breakfast was cheap but many choices, yogurt, cereal, oats, an option of fruit, cinnamon rolls, juice etc. In the morning the front desk staff is great, two young ladies they really care about their guest needs. The carpet of the room NEEDS TO BE WASHED OR REMOVED!!! when I got into the room the smell hit me like a slap on my nose OMG!! We moved to another room on the second floor and it was better upstairs, furniture is old but actually I did not care, I went to spend the day at the beach not to stay in the room.
1 night trip Aug 13, 2014
Flavia
The room itself was great..little hard to get service in the evening/night ..didn't have a microwave ..but was pleasantly surprised at the cleanliness of the room ..great job and professionally done,hats off to the house keeping staff..I thought overall it went well
3 night business trip Aug 4, 2014
"Bad experience"
Horrible smell in two rooms, we can't sleep we moved another hotel no refund.
Other trip Aug 10, 2014
"Bad experience"
Horrible smell in two rooms, we can't sleep we moved another hotel no refund.
Other trip Aug 9, 2014
"Bring your own towels and beds if you stay here"
Both of the beds had one side that had a gully in them. My two year old sat in it one time and had to get her sister to help her out. I don't know how the beds ended up like that but my husband's and my own backs were killing us by the time we left! As for the towels, they brought plenty the first night. The second night however they gave us ONE hand towel that was it for all four of us to shower with. Thankfully I packed extra towels. NEVER AGAIN!
3 night family trip Jul 28, 2014
Front desk manager was very helpful giving me a late check out time. Great ocean view from oceanfront units on top floor-- not a lot of restaurants very close.
"close to beach"
Love the bed, Bath door was hard to open and close. Room had cheap repairs but they were repairs. Noisey as was to be expected for a weekend of vacationers. Over all it was worth the money. Staff was very helpful and friendly.
2 night romance trip Jul 26, 2014
"Walking distance to beach"
The price was affordable. When we first got there the plugs on one wall didn't work and maintenance came immediately. The beds were comfortable. Short walking distance to the beach. The area was very quiet at night.
2 night trip Jul 22, 2014
"Sad for being on the beach"
Check in time is 2 I arrived at 150ish and wasn't able to check in till 3. The lady at ten front desk was considerably nice. Customers where giving her a hard time but she took it in stride. She allowed us to change and hit the beach while we waited even offering towels. When i was able to check in I was completely appalled. The carpet is gross. We wore our shoes the whole time. The sheets and blanket were stained. The bathroom door didn't shut. The ceiling was falling in and it was musty. The paint in above the shower was falling on me while I was showering. The swimming pool didn't look too clean. The people that worked there were cleaning the rooms till at least 8 o'clock. The next morning I woke up and they wereaalready up and at it.. very dedicated employees that try to make the most of what they had to work with
Other trip Jul 22, 2014
"Great Stay for the Money!"
The hotel is nicer than what is pictured on Hotels.com. My room was recently renovated and it was nicer than I expected. It was clean and the ocean view was amazing! I do not like that the balcony is carpeted. It never dried and became squishy when walked on. However, the balcony was roomy and provided an amazing view. The beds were comfortable and clean. The blankets were thin. So, if you get cold at night, I'd advise you to bring blankets or be prepared to ask for more. The room was clean and provided plenty of space for a family of 6 and all our luggage. The bathroom was clean. The water pressure was great. However, the temperature wasn't consistent. It would go ice cold and then steaming hot. The fridge and microwave came in handy. WiFi is free, however the signal is terrible. We ended up using our cell phone provider signal instead. The pool was nice and well maintained. The staff is extremely friendly and eager to please! Breakfast consisted of cinnamon rolls, yogurt, toast, frozen waffles and cereal. So, if you're looking for a breakfast buffet, then this isn't your place. There are restaurants in walking distance and all the owners were very friendly. All in all, it was a great stay for the money and I would stay again!
5 night family trip Jul 11, 2014
Dance Mom
"Crap"
Dirty disgusting room, trash left from the last occupants
Other trip Jul 20, 2014
"Okay...A little run down."
No elevators! Wi-fi didn't work and Staff didn't seem to care. Good location and surprisingly clean for the Hotel condition. Just a bit run down but tolerable for the price.
2 night family trip Jun 30, 2014
Staff was Very friendly.... Conditions good... Carpet little dirty!!
Other trip Jul 3, 2014
"Too expensive for the poor quality"
This is not a hotel I should pay more than $100 / night. Everything was less than medium quality : poor breakfast, wi-fi not working, and the overall condition of the room and the entire hotel was poor. Staff was friendly and professional.
1 night family trip Jun 17, 2014
"no towels"
We had only hand towels to use after showering. When we asked for bath towels, we were told they didn't have any and they needed to buy some. ????? She did however proceed to give us a handful of washcloths to use instead.....Bring your own towels!
1 night business trip Jun 11, 2014
"Close to beach."
The air conditioner works but doesnt really cool off room. Very close to beach! Dont rent chairs.. Total rip off! Not many choices for food with in walking distance! Trolley takes you to Boardwalk. Bus snd trolley stops in front of hotel. Very run down but nice for a quick trip. Taxi is 7$ from airport! Had a nice stay but lots of kids and kinda loud because we were located by pool! Breakfast is nothing special. But a good value for your money!
Other trip Jun 14, 2014
Teri and Maddie
"Great place!"
A lot cleaner than I expected for the price and Shantel at the front desk was fabulous. I plan on staying here next time I go to Myrtle.
Other trip May 24, 2014
chelsea
"You get what you pay for"
Cheap hotel on the beach. Nice location on the beach. but you really get what you pay for. Damp room, door didn't seal, cleanliness was manageable. I could easily handle it for one night, but wouldn't reccomend it for an extended stay.
Other trip May 24, 2014
Just!
"on the beach for cheap"
Great place on the beach for a quick stay. The room was clean...small pool...good price.
1 night trip May 8, 2014
Lori
"could have been better"
Loved location But needs to be upgraded for sure. Old carpet stinky rooms Everyone was very nice.
1 night business trip May 10, 2014
penny
"Very good for price."
Very well kept motel for the age of the area. Would recommend and stay again.
1 night trip May 9, 2014
Taylor
"Super 8 oceanfront"
Rooms in decent shape. Hotel service not very friendly. Had to wait to get checked in at the hotel due to "technical issues" then had to wait an additional 2 hours due to housekeeping being behind. They were all sitting in the main office chatting and singing when we arrived. Then after the chatting and singing were over and they started cleaning they checked in a friend who didn't have a reservation in front of everyone who was waiting on a room and did have one. Was very angry but luckily only one night stay otherwise would have demanded refund. Would not recommend.
Other trip May 7, 2014
I would say it's a good place for you bucks..prefer ocenfront..
Other trip May 7, 2014
"friendlest staff around"
The staff is amazing. Very friendly and helpful. They opened doors for us, helped us find anything in the area we needed and even let us borrow their Food Lion rewards card to save money on groceries. It was much better than we expected for the money we paid. We even stayed an extra day because we were treated so well and the weather was awesome. The beach is right around the corner. Perfect for families with kids who love the beach. It is worth the extra money for oceanfront. Great job, super 8 staff.
2 night trip May 1, 2014
thomas
"Not what I expected"
The room I booked was filthy, dirty sheets, coffee in the coffee maker and open soap in the bathroom. Called the front and demanded a new room, which I got, staff was very friendly. The breakfast was a joke, hardly any food. The rooms weren't very nice. I won't be staying there again.
2 night trip Apr 25, 2014
"It was ok hotel was ok weather was not"
Had book this on line for two night stay then went back and add another night and say we keep same room we got our belongs moved out the room the first day and we had a very big mistake. ..
Other trip Apr 25, 2014
james
"Not bad for the price"
Overall we had a pleasurable stay. Our room was clean and had a great view of the ocean. The wifi didn't work but that really didn't bother me. The pool was not clean but with the ocean right outside it wasn't a big deal.
3 night family trip Apr 11, 2014
"Could be better..."
Overall, room was okay for amount paid. I did see a roach in the bathtub the morning after my arrival. The pool was dirty the entire weekend with tubes running out of it. The complimentary breakfast was only a couple choices of cereal, toast, waffles, and fruit. If you only need a place to sleep because you will be spending ALL of your time on the beach, this is the place for you. Otherwise, go elsewhere.
3 night trip Apr 11, 2014
Anon
"decent for the price"
We had to move out of the "Oceanview balcony" room -- a ground floor with a view of an SUV and a U-haul trailer from a "patio" crudded with glue from the rug that was torn up. We switched rooms because the non-smoking one was horribly foul-smelling, We moved to a side room, much better, and the staff was very helpful, kind and accommodating. I watched them politely deal with some very due, ignorant customers. Very nice gals at the front desk and good housekeepers too. I would stay there again.
1 night trip Apr 13, 2014
Jamyang
"Yuck!!"
Filthy, smelly, rusty...sheets that are paper thin, water pressure that came and went on whim. Felt like there was a layer ick throughout the hotel. Desk clerk was robot that read off a card, didn't seem like she could form her own ideas..May have been beyond her pay grade. AWFUL PLACE..you have been warned.
1 night trip Apr 12, 2014