All hotels in Myrtle Beach, South Carolina, United States of America
2711 S Ocean BlvdMyrtle BeachSC29577-4848United States of America, ‏‎855-238-1592

Bad breakfast
    Uncomfortable
    Room is not nice
    Bad internet service
"cheaper price would have been better"
The picture used was misleading you see this beautiful big blue building in picture however when you look closer you see the motel 8 very small in picture we thought we were staying in the blue building was not the case and the pool was pretty dirty had wrappers and garbage floating in it.
1 night family trip Jul 29, 2015
Friendly, room needs updated but not bad and right off the beach. Parking lot connects to the sand!
1 night romance trip Jul 29, 2015
blake
The price is good but the room could be improved
2 night romance trip Jul 26, 2015
Margaret
"Clean, comfortable and spacious hotel."
We wanted a hotel close to the beach for a reasonable price. We were pleasantly surprised to find it just steps from the beach and very nicely updated. The room was large and had everything we needed. The beds were very comfortable. We would stay here again.
Other trip Jul 27, 2015
"Worst super 8"
The bed was very uncomfortable. It was loud all night. Not anywhere I would stay again.
Other trip Jul 26, 2015
"Facilities"
I called in advance to confirm that a washer and dryer were available , so that we could pack light and wash our soiled clothing. After arriving, I was told , yes we have a washer and dryer, but they don't work. We could not take a warm shower the entire week we were there. The sink had warm water, but the shower never got warm. The morning staff was always friendly, but the late afternoon staff seemed to not enjoy working there and took it out on the customers. ( some staffers only). Please evaluate your afternoon staff.
Other trip Jul 25, 2015
Fred
"Okay"
Not bad for the price, right on the beach, room was very clean staff was friendly. Biggest complaint was that the A/C didn't work well and literally went out one night we were told that they would be replacing it the next morning but didn't. Made the last night stay very miserable.
2 night family trip Jul 19, 2015
Belinda
"Clean and perfext for a last minute stay"
Clean and comfortable for the money. Not something I would want to spend a whole week at, but for a cheap last minute stay it was good. Beds were comfortable and staff friendly.
Other trip Jul 25, 2015
"Memories"
It was good enjoyed my time there. .
1 night romance trip Jul 18, 2015
Gregory
"Inexpensive Oceanfront Stay"
We wanted to bring our children (ages 2 and 11 months) for a quick, cheap beach trip. Super 8 was right on the ocean which made it convenient for us. The price fit our budget and the quality was in line with that. I recommend if you pay the extra for oceanfront, ask for 2nd - 4th floors as there is not much of a view on the 1st floor where we were. Also, there was no light bulb on our balcony--there was a fixture without a bulb. The other balconies did have bulbs. The safety bolt on the sliding glass door is installed incorrectly and does not fully lock. This was worrisome in our first floor room because there was no rail on the balcony to keep people from walking right from the parking lot to our door. The housekeeping staff was very friendly and accommodating with our needs. The pool was small, but it was never very crowded and our kids enjoyed it as well.
Other trip Jul 23, 2015
countrymom2811
"Never again will I say here!!"
Room didn't even have a microwave coffee pot was missing pieces and we didn't even get the room we paided for. We're supposed to have a ocean front view with a balcony and didn't get it. The carpet had holes in it and the wifi didn't work very well unless we went outside.
2 night family trip Jul 14, 2015
"Never again!"
It was an absolutely horrible experience! I wasn't permitted to check-in at 3 p.m. because the room was not ready. It finally became available at 4:30 p.m. The front desk person didn't seem like it was big deal and indicated she'd attempted to contact cleaning services for a status but was unsuccessful. The breakfast area was just steps away from the check-in desk and was very small. The front desk clerk refused to allow me to walk in without wiping my feet first on the small welcome mat. She indicated she just finished cleaning the floors. The ice machine was always empty. Our room was a hot mess - sliding door to balcony latch broke, tub/shower selector fell off during showering, beds were slightly bigger than a twin size mattress and entry door gasket was pulled off from the door. There was fighting and screaming at all hours of the night from nearby neighbors. Not fun at all.
1 night trip with friends Jul 18, 2015
Manuela
"Avoid this hotel."
You could tell the hotel was old and run down, they've simply thrown some new carpet over warped, uneven floors and paint over run down nasty walls. The neighborhood was questionable and I came back to find 6 cop cars in the parking lot with lights on arresting a guy with his family screaming the whole time. The pool was filthy, the shower was ancient. Spend an extra $30 and stay somewhere nicer.
1 night business trip Jul 18, 2015
Cockroaches everywhere in the room. Rate too high for the hotel . If I didn't get the non-refundable I would have paid a little more for a nicer hotel
4 night romance trip Jul 12, 2015
"Close to beach, pool close to room"
Great location, beach access right outside the door. quiet, peaceful experience. Not fancy, but was clean, had Wi-Fi, continental breakfast was sufficient to start your day.
Other trip Jul 15, 2015
This place was clean. The WiFi didn't work the whole we were there. They don't have a place to wash your feet off after you've been to the beach. The place was very noisy at night.
3 night family trip Jul 9, 2015
"Great location, great staff, but..........."
The pool was adequate, great, convenient location was great, the staff was among the friendliest of any I've ever encountered even at 4 & 5 star hotels. But the condition of the room was very poor. The skirting on the bed was torn. Microwave had little power. There was no plug for the tub so we had to give children showers instead of baths. The sink was clogged and wouldn't drain. The wi-fi was very slow.
3 night family trip Jul 6, 2015
Jerry
"Close to beach but terrible for the money spent!"
Spent a lot of time away from hotel due to the Terrible conditions.
Other trip Jul 11, 2015
The room was great. The customer service was great.
2 night family trip Jul 7, 2015
Pam
"Our Stay at the Super 8 Motel in S. Myrtle Beach"
It was a really good experience. We stayed in a room facing the Ocean, with a private balcony. Very relaxing. The scenery all around was very pretty. I can hardly wait to go back.
Other trip Jul 8, 2015
Deborah
"On the beach for a last minute 4th of July Trip"
This was a last minute trip to the beach for the 4th. Friendly staff and a normal Continental breakfast; at least they had something. Mattress was a little worn. Overall a fun time.
2 night romance trip Jul 3, 2015
"Excellent for short stay"
Hotel was better than expected based on reviews. Seemed pretty clean, pool was nice and clean, bed was super comfy, room was nice and cool. Door to room was in rough shape, there was a huge gap between the bottom and the floor, had to push door and lock to get it to stay closed but I felt safe. The glass door to balcony was the biggest annoyance. Getting it opened and closed was hard and I smashed my hand several times in the process. But the view from the balcony was nice. Most of the staff was really nice. Getting new towels seemed like a bigger deal than it should have been. No issues with parking either. I didn't mind the issues during my 3 day stay, had I stayed longer it may have gotten annoying. Would probably go back.
Other trip Jul 6, 2015
"The hotel negative 8"
Staff is the only Plus. Motel is dated and old. Towels we so so clean.
Other trip Jul 4, 2015
zuk
"Nasty"
Disgusting , do not think about living in that dump.
Other trip Jul 4, 2015
"bathroom"
Could use a bit of fixing up, but overall great stay. Bathroom needs most attention.
2 night romance trip Jun 26, 2015
Stephanie L.
Needs work but OK for the price.
2 night family trip Jun 22, 2015
"Good Oceanfront Room"
Great Oceanfront Room for the price!
2 night romance trip Apr 6, 2015
"Just feet from the beach!"
Room was tidy, but we did have a bug visit us. Walls were very thin. Hotel is minutes from anywhere you'd want to go.
Other trip Jun 23, 2015
the carter's
"Ok"
It was ok for over night stay
1 night family trip Jun 19, 2015
Horrible
6 night family trip Jun 14, 2015
Darrell
"Scariest place to stay on Ocean Blvd"
Myself and my 3 kids stayed for 3 nights. I had to use Lysol on EVERYTHING. I would not allow my children to shower in the bath tub as it was disgusting. There was also dried cigarette ashes in the bathroom sink. When we went to bed, I locked every lock on the door AND had to pull our large cooler in front of the door to feel somewhat safe. My kids are 5, 7, 9. The location and price were fine, but we will NEVER go back. I grew up in Myrtle and that place hasn't had an update in 25 years. Horrible.
3 night family trip Jun 16, 2015
meredith
"Great!"
Good place. Great breakfast
2 night romance trip Jun 12, 2015
robert
"You get what you pay for."
Just to simply put it. You get what you pay for. The people next door tried to get in to my room. Fireworks going off and a lot of rehab needs to be done.
1 night family trip Jun 6, 2015
Roberto
"Okay for the price; deceiving balcony description"
Its nothing special, but ok. First off, when I booked, it said private balcony. There was no private balcony. Had I known this, I would've stayed elsewhere. Room was pretty clean, but the ceiling was slightly dripping in two spots. Pool wasn't very clean and decided not to swim in it. Very limited breakfast options. The bright spot was the hotel being on the beach. The location is quiet, as it is near the end of south ocean blvd. There is construction going on on the 3rd floor, but I didn't really hear any excess noise for the most part. If you wanna be on the beach, and stay at a decent price, then this hotel will work. Just don't expect a whole lot of amenities and extras.
1 night romance trip Jun 7, 2015
Davina
"NASTY NASTY"
This what the worst WORST HOTEL I HAVE STAYED IN EVER. FROM CHECKING IN IN THE PARKING LOT TO THE ROOM JUST BEING A DUMP PERIOD. I WAS SO UNCOMFORTABLE I COULDNT SLEEP I COULD NOT WAIT UNTIL 10AM TO LEAVE AND FIND A NEW HOTEL. I wish i could leave pictures just to show you i am forreal.
1 night trip with friends May 19, 2015
Courtney
"awful experience"
It was nasty I walk on pizza box sit on the table the front desk lady tied her head no kind professional at all I would not let no one stay at this nasty hotel
2 night family trip May 15, 2015
Michena
"close to beach"
air barely worked, internet didn't work, room smelled, looks like a dyslexic persons painted the bathroom, if the TV moved the cable went out (loose connection). no coffee cups for rooms only thin plastic whited burned your hand.
Other trip May 11, 2015
"Close to the beach"
The bed was so soft you fell into the giant hole in the middle and were stuck. Wall had plaster patches. I wouldn't call the hotel dirty just very shabby. Had coffee but no cups. Then had cups but no coffee. Staff was very pleasant
Other trip May 9, 2015
"Staff Great, Motel ok"
Staff was Great, plumbing messed up, beds way to SOFT, needs new mattresses bad. pool needed cleaning
Other trip May 5, 2015
"Never again"
Just booked for one night before flying out in the morning. Horrible experience. Will never book again. Great location, right on a beach, I liked the super soft bed, but it's very noisy. Our neighbor didn't shut up till 2am, we kept knocking on walls, even asked the front desk person to calm the talking and laughing down, but it didn't help. We had no sleep at all. Hotel provides free breakfast, but the hours are odd.
1 night family trip Apr 24, 2015
Yulia
"enjoyed my stay."
price was right on, nice and close to the ocean. I have no complaints, I got what I expected for the great price of the room and had a pleasurable experience engaging with the hotel staff. the desk attendant was super friendly and patient and the housekeepers were super sweet and accommodating. would stay again.
Other trip Apr 27, 2015
Oddessa
"The 2nd Worst Hotel I've Ever Stayed In"
This was the second worst hotel I have ever "stayed" in. I actually would NOT stay here so I left but was not provided with a refund. The first room they gave me stunk of cigarette smoke, there were large gaps of the door so you could see outside, the air conditioner didn't work, the bed was horribly uncomfortable (I only sat on it), there was so much dust accumulated on all of the floor trim, and there was no chain lock on the door (it had been torn off). I was actually frightened so I ended up leaving.
1 night family trip Apr 11, 2015
Jill
"Totally misleading!"
The big, beautiful, blue hotel they lead you to believe you're staying in by posting a picture of it and their sign, is actually the hotel next door. Room were updates but small, old, and musky. The only good thing about this place is the view! BEWARE.
Other trip Apr 19, 2015
BB
"Spring Break"
Enjoyed my stay and would definitely stay stay again. Great room for a great price. Thanks Super 8
2 night family trip Apr 10, 2015
"Bad"
My refrigerator that I payed extra for didnt half work it took them 2 hours from the time I got there to send someone the wifi half worked just overall bad experience I'll never stay there again
Other trip Apr 6, 2015
corey
"If you're not fussy!"
As other reviewers, you get what you pay for, very low level accommodation.
1 night trip with friends Apr 1, 2015
Simon
"Stay ANYWHERE Else"
1. The house keeper ignored our Do Not Disturb sign (that we had to make ourselves) & tried bursting through the door while both me & my partner were still sleeping (neither of us sleep in clothes). She was only stopped by the chain lock, since she had a key to our room & our saying "don't come in" wasn't heard because of the headphones she was wearing. 2. Our neighbors would bang on our door in the middle of the night, & when we tried calling the front desk we realized the phone was unhooked. We never could get it to work, either. 3. People were drunk in the hallway cussing & screaming into the the night. 4. The place was all around dirty, smelled like cigarettes EVERWHERE, even in the NO SMOKING rooms. There were animal bones lying around near the pool (which wasn't even maintained or covered)bags of rotting trash were left near the vending machines. 5. The WiFi shouldn't even be called WiFi. We tried connecting to it a lot & it never did work. 6. The mattresses were comfortable but the sheets & paper thin blanket were itchy. I felt things crawling on me during the night & found FLEAS in my hair. This place ruined my vacation (my first vacation in years,&the first vacation I had with my partner). It was an overall atrocious experience. I REALLY want my money back.
2 night romance trip Mar 12, 2015
Shannon
"Horrible!!!!!!"
ome of the beds had a hole in the center of mattress , the pool was horribly nasty which season to swim wasn't in (thank goodness)... Had to ask for towels house keeping took the dirty ones and left us with none , had to go to front office and ring doorbell forever to get the lady to come from a room above the office down to get us some towels. And when she did she didn't have enough clean ones to give for us to use they was all in a linen cart dirty and nobody there to wash more. Our family will not stay there again...
2 night family trip Mar 13, 2015
"Meh...it's ok"
You get what you pay for. We came down to celebrate a friend's birthday for one night so we basically just needed a place to sleep. It served it's purpose but I wouldn't choose to stay here again.
1 night trip with friends Mar 14, 2015
"An HONEST review"
I booked this super8 after reading the negative reviews because I have stayed in an economy, 3 star hotel before and everything ended up being fine. After all, I was only staying in MB for a weekend, how bad could it be? First off, the front desk attendant was extremely rude right off the bat. We had to wait a little longer than check in time to get our room, no big deal. Once I got my key and walked into my room, I was in shock. Crumbs, bodily fluids, and food smeared on all the sheets. Dirty carpet, hole in the wall. Microwave and fridge were completely filthy. Huge stain on the wall near the AC unit. Bathroom had mold and not clean what so ever. Can't say it was a surprise since I watch the "housekeeping guy" walk from room to room with a cigarette in his mouth and spend about 2mins in each one. I spent about 30min in the room before I went to the front desk and asked for my deposit and refund cause there was no way I could sleep there. Immediate attitude from the front desk lady, she responded "I know that room is clean". Then I showed her the pictures I took and she didn't have much to say then. Keeping it professional as I could, I just asked for my deposit and left. Later she called and offered me a refund, I'm assuming in fear I would report them. I couldn't even last there for 30mins, I don't know how anyone actually lays there head there. We stayed at a days inn a little ways down the street that had a lower rating, but let me tell you it was WAYYY better.
Other trip Mar 16, 2015