All hotels in Morgantown, West Virginia, United States of America
603 Venture Dr, Morgantown, WV, 26508, United States of America, ‏‎855-238-1592

"reasonable value"
No clock in room. Requested but got none.
1 night trip Aug 8, 2015
"Good Hotel"
Pleasant stay. Nice room.
1 night family trip Aug 13, 2015
The place was dirty. Looked like bathroom wasnt cleaned. Shower curtain was filthy
1 night family trip Aug 13, 2015
Lynn
"Stay somewhere else"
Horrible bed; so squishy I felt like I fell into it and was not getting back out. Noisy housekeeping and neighbors for most of the stay. Did not complain since others did complain and the lady at the desk in the morning on Wednesday, August 5 said she would have to tell the manager and she could not call him because he was sleeping. Nothing was done for those people as far as I can tell. The air conditioning worked but it either was freezing or a little warm. Though the internet/Wi-Fi was free, it was spotty. I had to sign into the internet several times a day and was sometimes thrown off the internet in the middle of what I was doing. There was a smell to the room. It had a musty sort of smell. The toilet kept filling all the time. At least, that is the sound that was made all the time. We had to keep the bathroom door completely shut so we could talk or watch TV or sleep without being disturbed. We did not want housekeeping daily. When we did allow them in, we are not sure they cleaned. The bed was made and towels were hung, but we are not sure they cleaned anything. We have stayed at other Super 8 hotels, including the one in Fairmont, WV. This is absolutely the worst one we have stayed at and we won't return.
7 night romance trip Aug 3, 2015
Jacqueline
"Unsatisfied."
Bed was extremely comfortable. Be sure to take your towels unless you wish to dry off with sandpaper. We were suprised to find no alarm clock. Big complaint was the breakfast bar was stocked poorly and not attended to for cleanliness. One waffle iron which stuck like crazy as no spray was provided. No fruit, no bagles and cream cheese, no meat.
1 night romance trip Aug 8, 2015
Sandra
"family gathering"
Very courteous staff, easy check-in and check-out. Good lighting and parking. Our room, which was a non-smoking room did have a musty smell at first, but seemed to dissipate. Every thing was very clean and well taken care of.
1 night family trip Aug 9, 2015
Myla
"Adequate overnight lodging"
An adequate room for under $100.
1 night business trip Aug 4, 2015
Ronald
"A nice place to stay"
I used this hotel as an overnight stay on my trip from Philadelphia to Louisville and back. It is situated in a shopping center that houses stores, restaurants, a convenience store, and another hotel. The free breakfast is typical of these places with waffles, cereal, bagels, toast, etc. The rooms were clean, however the refrigerator in our room needed defrosting really bad. The flat screen TV had a small amount of channels. Don't expect to take a bath here as my companion found out that there are no stoppers for the bath tubs. Overall, it's a good value for the money.
1 night romance trip Jul 20, 2015
Doug
"Overpriced for what you get"
Pros: Friendly, helpful check-in staff Quick check-in Fridge in room Quiet stay Lots of restaurant options nearby Cons: Stained carpets and bed quilts (need replacement) Permadirt rings in toilet (need more than just a scrub) Very used mattresses; no support Continental breakfast had no healthy option other than a piece of wheat toast (no fruit, yogurt, or plain oatmeal) Check-out staff were not very attentive (personal call) Elevator is very rickety Keycard didn't work at side entrance This was a $60/hotel experience that I paid $90 for. If you can get a rate close to $60 it's worth that, but not much more. This is an old hotel and they have tried to keep it clean and keep up on the paint, but after so many years some things just need to be replaced. Maybe they've already started phases of updating (the lobby was inviting), but for the price I paid I expected better.
1 night family trip Jul 27, 2015
Katrina
"The hotel that could..."
I came to stay at the Super 8 to prepare and then take a very important exam. Upon arrival to the hotel, I realized that the Internet only worked (at two bars of service) if I stood in one spot. It was very glitchy and disconnected more often than it worked. This was very disappointing, as I'm sure anyone who needed to do work with internet connection would feel as well. In terms of condition of the hotel, it is in need of an upgrade in their amenities and overall design. There were tiles loose on the bathroom floor, the elevator was on the fritz, the bed linens were outdated, the furniture was very outdated- kind of a worn-down, older look. Also, the complimentary breakfast was very limited in terms of healthy options-- breads, muffins, waffles...no fruit or protein options of any kind. I will say, in light of the many flaws of the Super 8 experience, the front desk staff and housekeepers were very kind and helpful. As a former housekeeper myself, I truly appreciate the hard work these people have to do on a daily basis-- we are an underrated and under-appreciated group-- and in spite of the hard work, they still greet you with a smile and kindness.
3 night business trip Jul 25, 2015
"Price gouging on event dates"
Mountainfest weekend....only stayed one night because of inflated prices for events of the weekend
1 night trip with friends Jul 24, 2015
Vince
"Super 8 Morgantown"
Only stayed one nite. Had no problem with the room. The hotel staff was friendly. The room had a lot of conveniences. Only one suggestion: a clock in the room would have been nice.
1 night family trip Jul 9, 2015
Jerry
"Good stop-off point!"
Clean room and pleasant service.
1 night trip Jul 6, 2015
"It was fine for the night."
The hotel was fine for staying the night as we were passing through. There were stains on the comforters and hair in both of the beds. We asked for a new set of sheets, which they brought up quickly.
1 night family trip Jun 28, 2015
"Great Overnight Stop"
I got in late and left relatively early, but enjoyed my stay in Morgantown. The staff was friendly when I checked in and the room very comfortable. The complimentary breakfast was great! I'll definitely stay there again when passing through that way.
1 night family trip Jun 18, 2015
Lynne
"Perfect for travel. Can't beat the price."
The hotel was perfect for what we needed it for, a place to crash for the night and break up a 13 hour drive from NC to NY with an infant. Especially for the price. The room was clean, the bed was very comfortable and both the attendants at the desk during check in and check out were friendly. Also, there is lots of stuff very close by. Food, gas, grocery store etc. We make this trip often to visit family and we will definitely use this hotel again.
1 night family trip Jun 7, 2015
"Great Place to Stay!!!!"
We use this hotel all the time when we are in this location. Ease of booking, flexibility. Price is right when trying to save money. I would recommend Super 8 Morgantown, WV.
1 night business trip Jun 1, 2015
"Excellent location and value"
Our stay was perfect. Nice clean, comfortable room, great location in shopping center with many resturants & stores. Complimentary breakfast was very good.
1 night family trip May 29, 2015
"A nightmare"
Hotel was dirty. Breakfast Bar was dirty and not much to eat. Guests were up going from room to room talking loud and laughing till at least 1:30 a.m. Building not sound proof, heard construction going on at night.
3 night family trip May 18, 2015
Room was clean and bed was comfortable. Cooling unit was excellent.
Other trip May 25, 2015
deborah
"Business trip"
Of the Super8 that I've stayed out it was one of the cleaner ones. Staff was pleasant.
1 night business trip May 17, 2015
This hotel is not clean at all. Don't stay here!!
Other trip May 22, 2015
Hotel was fine. Breakfast only had cereal, bread, and muffins.
Other trip May 22, 2015
"Smelly rooms"
Booked two rooms. Both rooms had a bad smell to them.
1 night family trip May 15, 2015
"Not real happy, but okay"
everything was okay, but just okay, room was tidy but not really clean, could not use the tub as there was no stopper to hold water, some sort of air freshener that was an unpleasant smell, fridge did not keep sodas or water cold, one of our keys did not work so you replaced it with 2 different ones and neither of those worked, so had to use just the one key, and we are both still itching since the first morning we woke up (hopefully just a reaction to the soap that is used in the linens), but the air conditioner worked well, other guest were very pleasant, and location was good.
2 night romance trip May 15, 2015
"graduation disappointment"
The entry ways to the elevator smelled like roach spray. The room had a FOUL ODOR that made it hard to fall and stay asleep. Since this was for a graduation, I didn't want anyone coming back to my room to celebrate! AN open door for the custodial staff showed a six pack of SMIRNOFF! Knowing that I have many trips all over the country to take this year, from Baltimore, to NYC, to Houston, etc, I am VERY LEARY to pick this hotel chain or to recommend it to my friends. Breakfast was ok. The bed was not uncomfy, but not comfy, either.
2 night family trip May 15, 2015
bryan
"Ok if there are no other rooms available"
Our room was OK if there were no other places you could stay. I would not recommend it, but on graduation weekend there were no other options. Location was close to WVU.
Other trip May 18, 2015
WVUMom
Great Location. The only thing was the bed linens did not look very clean, and I asked for clean ones and I received them. The mattress was lumpy. Otherwise, It was a pretty pleasant stay.
Other trip May 18, 2015
Cynthia
"Great location for WVU events"
Experience was excellent. I suspect the rate was pretty high due to graduations at WVU. I would never pay 167.00 total per night at a Super 8 but I really needed to stay close to the college and all hotels were sold out including this one
Other trip May 17, 2015
"Cheap & to the point."
Needed a cheap place to sleep & this was a good one. Clean, comfy and not over the top.
Other trip May 17, 2015
"Stinky room"
The hotel was not horrible, but the refrigerator wasn't plugged in and upon opening it, a rotten stench was released. It was either this or the poorly planned bathroom (placement in the room -- door swung out into the middle of the room) which caused the entire room to smell bad. If we were staying more than night, it would have been a big problem.
1 night family trip May 5, 2015
"Not too shabby"
The hotel was clean and comfortable. Perfect for us since we were in town for a wedding and just needed a good bed and a shower. Staff was helpful for the most part and the room was very reasonably priced. Would definitely stay here again.
Other trip May 12, 2015
Angela
"bad"
room had bedbugs
1 night family trip May 5, 2015
The hotel room was very nice and clean and comfortable.
1 night family trip Apr 10, 2015
Debra
"morgantown super 8"
an overnighter, our third stay. staff is very accomodating. perfect location for on and off the hwy. walking distance to a couple of ok restaurants for supper. not bad breakfast and the home made chocolate cookies were excellent
1 night romance trip Mar 31, 2015
Gerald D.
"Never stay here!!"
Horrible. Mean disrespectful staff
2 night trip Apr 24, 2015
"It will pass"
Our sheets were dirty the first night, but we did ask them to be changed and they were. Some other issues were also resolved. The hotel staff did their best to accommodate us. Our pets were allowed to stay there, so we were pleased with that.
2 night family trip Apr 24, 2015
Margaret
"Nice place."
This was a really nice motel with lots of restaurants and a little shopping within walking distance. My room was large and comfortable with a sofa. I was surprised that the bed was well used and actually had a huge dent in it that you rolled into when you got into it, making it difficult to get outbid the bed.
3 night business trip Apr 23, 2015
"Decent, low budget hotel in area"
Good for a low budget option in the Morgantown area.
Other trip Apr 27, 2015
"rude desk lady"
she was no help when i had no internet, would not help,toilet seat was broken, burn mark on the shower, mattress was lumpy, horrible sleep
Other trip Apr 24, 2015
"Meh"
You get what you pay for, it is a Super 8 right off the highway. It was clean, but worn and catered to a transient workforce of construction and oil workers.
1 night romance trip Apr 16, 2015
"Best econo hotel in area, so far"
Of the 3 Morgantown econo hotels I've stayed at in the last year, this one was the best for the money. No surprise bc it's also the newest. Right next door is Holiday Inn Express which is quite bit more money but has an outstanding breakfast buffet. If you have 3+ staying, I'd upgrade to it because you'll likely break even on the cost.
Other trip Apr 20, 2015
WVU dad
"nice comfortable"
everything was good except breakfast was skimpy near the end, coffee was cold and very little left,no Danish out, all gone
Other trip Apr 18, 2015
Diana
"Staff was rude and judgmental"
Upon check in I was told there were no more check ins for the day and even after giving my name and confirmation numbers twice, I was told there were no reservations. Finally I gave my confirmation number a third time, the staff member looked at my quizzically, and then reached for 4 sheets of paper right next to her and said, "Oh, I have these check ins. I was told that you would be a Mexican with a debit card." We finally got checked in (we had 4 rooms) and settled. The mattresses were in terrible shape...very soft and you automatically fell to the middle no matter what. I will definitely be staying elsewhere next time.
Other trip Apr 17, 2015
Margaret
"Cheap and not worth it"
Yes it's cheap in price but I had some issues from the start. As I checked in, the single front staff person was on her cell phone the entire check in process and with the few questions I had. I waited to ask the questions after she might finish her conversation but then realized that was not going to happen. It's rude to not even set the phone down. Our room was a non smoking room but was definitely a converted room from smoking to non smoking. The "new" carpet was laid on top of the old and there was 6" extra rolled up the sides of the walls. No clocks in the room. Old, smelly, rude staff.....I will not stay there again.
Other trip Apr 3, 2015
robin
"Hotel close to the places we needed to be"
The hotel price was affordable and we were very pleased with our accommodations. If and when we're in the area again, we'll definitely stay again.
Other trip Mar 29, 2015
We stayed over night for a basketball tournament in the area. It worked for what we were staying for. The safe didn't work and the toilet was dirty, but other than that, it was fine. The boys enjoyed being able to make their own waffles for breakfast.
Other trip Mar 23, 2015
okay stay
"great hotel near wv university"
The manager went above and beyond to resolve the issues I had, very helpful!! Hotel is pet friendly.
Other trip Mar 19, 2015
allen
This hotel provides a good value when you don't want to pay for a luxury hotel.
Other trip Mar 16, 2015
"No longer a good value"
Friendly desk staff and the room was basically OK, but so many small problems and compromises: 1) a musty smell permeated the room; 2) bathtub not functional & shower stream very weak (to save water, no doubt); 3) sink stopper not functional; 4) housekeeping never cleaned room the first day (I definitely took in the DND sign when I departed); 5) breakfast out of almost all times around 9:30. Yes it's a cheap motel & I've stayed here before, but it is no longer a good value.
2 night trip with friends Feb 27, 2015