All hotels in Morgantown, West Virginia, United States of America

Quite clean
    Room is not nice
    Service is poor
    Uncomfortable
"Good value but don't leave anything in the car"
A clean, comfortable room, good value at the price but at least two cars were broken into during the night (not ours)
1 night trip Dec 29, 2015
"Great!"
Just stayed one night but was very happy with the hotel. Room was clean, breakfast was simple but good, staff was friendly.
1 night family trip Dec 18, 2015
"Not bad"
Stayed one night to attend a football game. Hotel was clean and service was good. Hotel is located in large shopping center with lots of restaurants. There was not much to their breakfast and I would not depend on it. Book months early for football game weekends to avoid high cost.
1 night family trip Nov 7, 2015
Christopher
"Disappointed!"
I don't expect much from a budget hotel but I do expect it to be clean! I expect all of the body hair from the person who last rented the room to be gone from the shower and the toilet, it wasn't! Considering I paid over $200 for this room (WVU football game weekend), I was highly disappointed! Try the Holiday Inn Express next door!
1 night trip Nov 6, 2015
"Worn out hotel."
The hotel room was reservation was for 2 queen beds. We were given a business suite with 1 bed and a pull out couch. When I went to the desk to see why they said that it was because I booked with expedia and there were no other rooms available. They gave me 2 flat sheets, no pillow and no blanket. The bedding that was on the 1 bed was full of tears. The carpet, bedding and couch were all stained. The worst stain was in the elevator. The room looked clean and freshly painted and didn't stink. The hotel was supposed to have a pool but there were not signs or mention of it. The only thing they mentioned was the breakfast buffet.
Other trip Oct 26, 2015
"Oh boy..."
First off, I am far from a Hotel snob. I enjoy my bargain for my buck probably more than anyone. I'm one who usually reads the hotel reviews and laughs hysterically because one person gives it 5 stars and the other person, who stayed there on the same night gives it a 1. I really should have listened to the 1star reviews in this instance. My friend and I were having a night get away and seeing Lee Brice at Schmitt's Saloon right down the street. Location wise we decided to stay here. Hey, why not? It was roughly $80 a night and the holiday inn beside of it is about $160. We're really only going to be sleeping there, how bad can it really be? Our room smelled horribly. I signed a wavier that said smoking was a $250 fine. Well apparently they don't stand true to that, our room had a horrible stale cigarette smell. I always pull back the sheets to see if I can find any noticeable things.Both beds had long black hairs sporadically throughout them, possible the maids? The corner of one bed had blood stains in it, or I'm hoping they're stains. The comforter of the one bed had blood on it also.The sheets were like sand paper. I was going to shower until I saw the towels. They were all yellow and musty smelling. If you're looking to save some money, definitely stay there. The location was great and the man who checked us in, I wish I would have looked at his name, was super nice. When you book a super 8 you know you aren't getting any kind of luxury, but I do expect it to be clean
1 night trip with friends Oct 14, 2015
"Just Awful"
As soon as I entered the hotel, it was apparent that it had not been cleaned in some time. The room's floor was dirty, there were hairs on the bathroom floor and in the bed, and there were stains on the bed sheets. I only stayed for approximately 30 minutes. I requested a refund for my second night (as I was checking out and they could make money on the room since it was now going to be vacant); however, the staff informed me that they could not issue a refund as I had made the reservations through a third party. I contacted Expedia about a refund, but no word yet. Do NOT stay at this hotel.
Other trip Oct 15, 2015
A.J.
For the price we paid, my wife and I were very disappointed in the quality of the room. It's bad enough that the hotel prices get jacked up for home football games but the room quality and condition did not warrant the increased cost per night!
1 night romance trip Oct 10, 2015
"Room smelled like cigarettes"
The room smelled like cigarettes, the hair dryer didn't work, and the air/heat didn't work. The towels and complimentary toiletries are pathetic. Never stay here again for $200/night?? Awful experience.
Other trip Oct 11, 2015
"Adequate for our stay"
Rooms were fine...could not get an extra pillow. Area was congested...boat trailer in front lot taking up space that could have been used for guests!
2 night family trip Oct 2, 2015
"Good choice overall"
I stayed only one night. It was a good deal. The only complain are the mattresses need to be renewed...they are getting sagging.
1 night family trip Oct 2, 2015
Macarena
"Horrible stay"
This is supposed to be a smoke free hotel and our room smelled like someone had just smoked in it. There were burn marks on the bathtub. The smoke alarm had been ripped out of the ceiling. There were multiple holes in the walls and ceilings. When I called the front desk to tell them how bad our room smelled there was no answer. The woman that checked us in was out front drinking with four male guests of the hotel. The other guests were loud in the hallway but their numerous beer cans on top of the vending machine explains that behavior.
Other trip Oct 2, 2015
Megan
Hotel had a disruption in water supply due to a water main break nearby. Not able to take a shower or brush my teeth when I woke up! No notice given to hotel guests and no offer to provide any compensation for the inconvenience.
1 night family trip Sep 27, 2015
"Missed the Mark"
My mattress was terrible. There were 4 of us and it seemed to be my side of one bed. When I sat, the edge dug in the back of my knees, very lumpy. Food was just ok. People were not friendly.
Other trip Sep 29, 2015
Dissappointed
"Wrong room type, Poor customer service"
I booked a room with 2 queen beds. I was placed in a room with 1 King. When I asked, the lady at the front desk said that because I booked through a 3rd party, the room type was different. She also said they do not have any other rooms available. There were 4 of us staying there, so luckily the room had a pull out couch. However, no blankets, sheets, or pillows in sight. Went back to the front desk and she brings out a set of sheets and 1 pillow. 1 PILLOW. Says, "Here you go. This is all we have." ????????? Excuse me- What?! TERRIBLE service. I will NOT be staying here again.
1 night trip with friends Sep 26, 2015
Front staff was rude did not enjoy my stay at all
1 night romance trip Sep 26, 2015
nicole
"ok"
I was with my grandchildren & was highly disappointed when my grandson found 2 bottle beer tops on the floor. & the blankets & sheets really didn't smeel too clean
Other trip Sep 26, 2015
kerri
"great hotel"
Great newer hotel. Located in commercial neighborhood with lots of food options.
1 night family trip Sep 17, 2015
Norman
"Football weekend"
Towels scratchy and paper thin, bedspread had stains, bed extremely uncomfortable, smell of cigarette smoke in hallways, staff knocked on our door a half hour before checkout to tell us we needed to check out. Very dirty, run down building. Only booked here because it was a football weekend and other hotels were booked. Also price was more than double regular rate because of football game. NEVER AGAIN!
Other trip Sep 13, 2015
G
Booked room for a place to stay after a Colt Ford show. Easy to get to, clean, quiet, and surrounded by restaurants so made this the perfect place to crash after a night on the town.
1 night romance trip Sep 4, 2015
"No service"
Service was hard to find. Staff gave us wrong key and was not at reception for over 20 minutes.
Other trip Sep 5, 2015
"Good to stay"
I was travelling to Niagara falls and booked this hotel to have rest at night. This hotel served the purpose. Its a decent hotel at economical range. Don't expect too much...
Other trip Sep 3, 2015
Sandeep
We really needed to stop driving because we were tired. The town we were at had a Super 8 so I tried to switch to one closer. Hotel would not let me change, so I had to drive 3 more hours. NOT HAPPY WITH HOTEL. COM. Hotel. Com said it's hotel policy.
1 night romance trip Aug 31, 2015
"Never Again"
Sheets clean but bead spreads and carpet needed cleaning as well as toilet bowl showed stain. Hair in sink and on toilet tank. Rough wash cloths, no shampoo, just 2 hand lotions. Noisy AC.
1 night romance trip Aug 28, 2015
"Disappointing accommodations"
The first room we checked into had a leaky shower that had been running hot water for presumably hours because the room was steamy like a sauna. The next room we were put into smelled like a mix of animal urine and cigarette smoke. I tried to cancel my reservation and move to the Holiday Inn Express next door, but booking through Expedia made that impossible to do. The third room that we moved to was acceptable in the sense that it didn't smell or have any leaks, but the room was very small, there was no coffee pot as there had been in the other two rooms, and the general sense that I got from that hotel was that it has never been renovated, just barely maintained. The only pleasing part of this experience was the continental breakfast in the morning and the front desk employees who seemed to recognize they work in a crap-hole and sympathized with us for not knowing better than booking with them.
Other trip Aug 31, 2015
Disappointed
"reasonable value"
No clock in room. Requested but got none.
1 night trip Aug 8, 2015
"Good Hotel"
Pleasant stay. Nice room.
1 night family trip Aug 13, 2015
The place was dirty. Looked like bathroom wasnt cleaned. Shower curtain was filthy
1 night family trip Aug 13, 2015
Lynn
"Stay somewhere else"
Horrible bed; so squishy I felt like I fell into it and was not getting back out. Noisy housekeeping and neighbors for most of the stay. Did not complain since others did complain and the lady at the desk in the morning on Wednesday, August 5 said she would have to tell the manager and she could not call him because he was sleeping. Nothing was done for those people as far as I can tell. The air conditioning worked but it either was freezing or a little warm. Though the internet/Wi-Fi was free, it was spotty. I had to sign into the internet several times a day and was sometimes thrown off the internet in the middle of what I was doing. There was a smell to the room. It had a musty sort of smell. The toilet kept filling all the time. At least, that is the sound that was made all the time. We had to keep the bathroom door completely shut so we could talk or watch TV or sleep without being disturbed. We did not want housekeeping daily. When we did allow them in, we are not sure they cleaned. The bed was made and towels were hung, but we are not sure they cleaned anything. We have stayed at other Super 8 hotels, including the one in Fairmont, WV. This is absolutely the worst one we have stayed at and we won't return.
7 night romance trip Aug 3, 2015
Jacqueline
"Unsatisfied."
Bed was extremely comfortable. Be sure to take your towels unless you wish to dry off with sandpaper. We were suprised to find no alarm clock. Big complaint was the breakfast bar was stocked poorly and not attended to for cleanliness. One waffle iron which stuck like crazy as no spray was provided. No fruit, no bagles and cream cheese, no meat.
1 night romance trip Aug 8, 2015
Sandra
"family gathering"
Very courteous staff, easy check-in and check-out. Good lighting and parking. Our room, which was a non-smoking room did have a musty smell at first, but seemed to dissipate. Every thing was very clean and well taken care of.
1 night family trip Aug 9, 2015
Myla
"Adequate overnight lodging"
An adequate room for under $100.
1 night business trip Aug 4, 2015
Ronald
"Not worth the money you'll save"
While this is not the worst hotel I've stayed in, they did have the worst beds I've ever had in a hotel. Chose it because it was close to family and the cheapest of the seemingly decent hotels. I highly recommend using the Holiday Inn that is next door. More expensive but a whole lot nicer!!
Other trip Aug 9, 2015
Brandie
"nice"
the place was nice. it was clean. staff was nice.
Other trip Aug 5, 2015
"Motorcycle event in town."
Very close to restaurants and convenient to park and walk
Other trip Aug 2, 2015
"Awful!!!!"
I reserved this room off Expedia. It said my card wouldn't be ran until we arrived but it was ran that day. The room I reserved was for a 2 queen bed. When we got there it was 1 queen bed and a fold out couch. They had no extra pillows and we were given sheets to wad up as pillows. Our bathroom sink was broke. The coffee pot was broke and the ac wouldn't cool the room hardly at all. Our stay was awful and the staff was no help at all!!!! I woukdnt recommend my dog to stay at this place!!!
Other trip Aug 1, 2015
Kristi
"A nice place to stay"
I used this hotel as an overnight stay on my trip from Philadelphia to Louisville and back. It is situated in a shopping center that houses stores, restaurants, a convenience store, and another hotel. The free breakfast is typical of these places with waffles, cereal, bagels, toast, etc. The rooms were clean, however the refrigerator in our room needed defrosting really bad. The flat screen TV had a small amount of channels. Don't expect to take a bath here as my companion found out that there are no stoppers for the bath tubs. Overall, it's a good value for the money.
1 night romance trip Jul 20, 2015
Doug
"Overpriced for what you get"
Pros: Friendly, helpful check-in staff Quick check-in Fridge in room Quiet stay Lots of restaurant options nearby Cons: Stained carpets and bed quilts (need replacement) Permadirt rings in toilet (need more than just a scrub) Very used mattresses; no support Continental breakfast had no healthy option other than a piece of wheat toast (no fruit, yogurt, or plain oatmeal) Check-out staff were not very attentive (personal call) Elevator is very rickety Keycard didn't work at side entrance This was a $60/hotel experience that I paid $90 for. If you can get a rate close to $60 it's worth that, but not much more. This is an old hotel and they have tried to keep it clean and keep up on the paint, but after so many years some things just need to be replaced. Maybe they've already started phases of updating (the lobby was inviting), but for the price I paid I expected better.
1 night family trip Jul 27, 2015
Katrina
"The hotel that could..."
I came to stay at the Super 8 to prepare and then take a very important exam. Upon arrival to the hotel, I realized that the Internet only worked (at two bars of service) if I stood in one spot. It was very glitchy and disconnected more often than it worked. This was very disappointing, as I'm sure anyone who needed to do work with internet connection would feel as well. In terms of condition of the hotel, it is in need of an upgrade in their amenities and overall design. There were tiles loose on the bathroom floor, the elevator was on the fritz, the bed linens were outdated, the furniture was very outdated- kind of a worn-down, older look. Also, the complimentary breakfast was very limited in terms of healthy options-- breads, muffins, waffles...no fruit or protein options of any kind. I will say, in light of the many flaws of the Super 8 experience, the front desk staff and housekeepers were very kind and helpful. As a former housekeeper myself, I truly appreciate the hard work these people have to do on a daily basis-- we are an underrated and under-appreciated group-- and in spite of the hard work, they still greet you with a smile and kindness.
3 night business trip Jul 25, 2015
"Price gouging on event dates"
Mountainfest weekend....only stayed one night because of inflated prices for events of the weekend
1 night trip with friends Jul 24, 2015
Vince
"Super 8 Morgantown"
Only stayed one nite. Had no problem with the room. The hotel staff was friendly. The room had a lot of conveniences. Only one suggestion: a clock in the room would have been nice.
1 night family trip Jul 9, 2015
Jerry
"Good stop-off point!"
Clean room and pleasant service.
1 night trip Jul 6, 2015
"Great for the price"
It's an older hotel so things are worn as you would expect. However it is very clean, sheets and pillows were white and very fresh. The staff was always cleaning rooms and common areas while I was there. Great location with several restaurants within walking distance and a nice seafood place about a mile away. While it does not impress it's a great place to stay for the price.
Other trip Jul 9, 2015
Sid
Location was great with all the shops around, including your classic college-town liquor store/gas station/fast food outlet combo. Not much in the way of amenities; the breakfast was good.
Other trip Jul 9, 2015
Bread Truck
"Good economy rate hotel for a sleep and shower"
Nothing special but good hotel if you just want to sleep and get a shower during traveling. Breakfast was ok but the staff could keep a better watch on things running out and keep the area a little cleaner.
Other trip Jul 2, 2015
"It was fine for the night."
The hotel was fine for staying the night as we were passing through. There were stains on the comforters and hair in both of the beds. We asked for a new set of sheets, which they brought up quickly.
1 night family trip Jun 28, 2015
"Best thing was the art on the walls"
No covers on outlets, broken edges on table in room, no plug for bath tub - had to use a wash cloth shoved in the drain just to bath my kid.
Other trip Jun 30, 2015
Bree
"Not so nice Review"
The was no one at the front desk. I found him sleeping in the back. The hallways smelled. Our room was horrible. My child got bit by bugs all over. There was breakfast.
1 night family trip Jun 24, 2015
We will never stay at a super 8 again. It was dirty and the staff was not helpful at all.
Other trip Jun 27, 2015
richtam
"Our stay"
It was okay - it was just a one night stay passing through
Other trip Jun 26, 2015