All hotels in Morgantown, West Virginia, United States of America
603 Venture Dr, Morgantown, WV, 26508, United States of America, ‏‎855-238-1592

"Ok for a One Nighter"
When we arrived and first got our room it smelled strongly of smoke. I went down to the front desk and the gentleman working the desk apologized and moved me to another room. The room was very clean and tidy the only two complaints i have was the beds were way too soft for me and the water in the show ran at a steady stream all night because the valve was messed up.
1 night family trip Feb 23, 2015
Jimmy
"Nice quiet hotel"
We had a very comfortable stay and a good nights sleep
1 night family trip Feb 22, 2015
"This is a very nice place to stay!"
The hotel staff were very pleasant, addressing every need. The room was clean and well appointed. The breakfast was substantial, Waffles, Juices, Breads, Muffins, Cereal, etc. My pet was allowed (for a small fee). I will use them again as I often do events at the college. I do not need the Buckingham for a good night's rest. Negative people probably give negative reviews. This is a real nice motel with reasonable prices.
Other trip Feb 13, 2015
Shauna
The bed only had 3 pillows and they were small and flat
Other trip Feb 4, 2015
"Good Value"
Needed a place to stay in Morgantown, didn't want to spend a lot, and this Super 8 was just the place. Good value, clean place, perfect location, numerous amenities, I'll go back.
1 night family trip Jan 24, 2015
"Stay here, its worth the money!"
Very Comfortable beds. Staff and service was awesome. We were booked for just Saturday night but called late Friday to get a room for both nights due to up coming bad weather and the staff worked with us and gave us a great rate!
1 night business trip Jan 24, 2015
Clinton
"Nice hotel close to shopping"
The staff was very helpful and friendly. The hotel was very clean and the room was very welcoming and comfortable. They offer truck parking which is a very big plus for drivers!!
Other trip Jan 25, 2015
Luke & Brandi
The room smelled like smoke even though it was smoke free. there was no smoke detector in room just wires hanging out of ceiling where detector use to be. could not get nfl playoff game on tv(it was on a major network) & when I called front desk for help they were unable to help.
Other trip Jan 13, 2015
"liked our stay"
very pleasant 2 night stay; close to attractions and I-68; very courteous and friendly desk staff. Reasonably good breakfast; at least they had something hot to eat.
1 night romance trip Dec 29, 2014
"Decent location and continental breakfast."
This hotel "Iam assuming"must be under new management. If not its just being poorly run. There is no one working the front desk, there is constantly a sign there for you to call a phone number for assistance. Our bathroom sink leaked, and had a strange smell. The room at times smelled of cat urine. Very lumpy bed. I will most likely never stay at a Super 8 motel again.
Other trip Dec 31, 2014
"Great location for WVU and interstate access."
Room heater wasn't working, changed to a higher class room at no additional cost. Close to several restaurants along with in hotel breakfast .
Other trip Dec 27, 2014
Chuck
Good place for a quick stay. Will stay again. is located in a nice area near shops.
Other trip Dec 26, 2014
"Staff Uninterested in our comfort/needs"
Check in was great. We came in very late but the gentleman at the desk was helpful and friendly. In the morning the staff was not very good. The maid in hall way ignored us twice when we asked for a towel so I just grabbed one off her cart. The girl in charge of breakfast was not interested in the breakfast at all. Nothing was stocked and the waffle maker was junk. Everyone had to "dig" their waffles out of maker so the mess on the counter & floor was immense. When I told the staff person about the mess she just shook her head in agreement. She didn't clean it up. She also just agreed with each person when they complained about lack of food and terrible waffle maker. At no point did she make any effort to clean up or fix the waffle maker. I realize this is an extra the motel offers but if you are going to offer breakfast, show some pride and cleanliness in what you serve. And the staff should be somewhat interested in cleaning/restocking.
Other trip Dec 22, 2014
D&P
"Basic but good."
It was fine. Really. Basic but acceptable. Seriously. Not joking.
Other trip Dec 19, 2014
"WORST HOTEL YOU CAN STAY BLANKET WAS SO OLD"
ROOM WAS SO DIRTY MATTRESS WAS OLD AND STINKY NEED TO REMODEL EVERYTHING THANKS...
Other trip Dec 16, 2014
Soda and ice machines were out of order. The bathtub faucet in our room (#305) dripped constantly. I guess I expected too much of Super 8 (have stayed in Super 8's before and they were more up to date than this one). I definitely would not recommend this Super 8 to anyone I know, nor will I stay in this one again.
Other trip Dec 8, 2014
"Great value"
Hotel is in a nice, well-lit shopping area. Nice stay for a great price.
Other trip Dec 7, 2014
"Ok for one night"
It's fine for one night, seemed clean enough, mattress not super new. Ok for the price, we were just passing through town on the way to visit family. Again it's ok for the price but for another 15-20 bucks you can do better. Staff was super nice though.
1 night romance trip Nov 25, 2014
"Good for a night stay when on the road."
Not the best of motels but decent. Good when on the road and need to rest for a while.
Other trip Dec 1, 2014
"Morgantown Super 8"
Enjoyable...very friendly, helpful front desk person at registraton. Bed was very comfortable and room clean. Did need a replacement lightbuld next to bed and bathroom sink was slow to drain but overall stay was great and definitely would come back again.
1 night trip Nov 19, 2014
"Excellent Customer Service"
The personnel of the hotel lobby were extremely personable, and very accomodating to all requests and inquiries. The clerk in particular who worked the night of my check in was very informative about the surrounding area and helped me access the computers and internet connection. Would definitely stay there again!
Other trip Nov 24, 2014
"Problem with cancellation"
There was no stay. Situations happened to both parties at the last minute and we were unable to make the trip. I called to cancel the last night and the lady told me that they could not cancel. So 2 nights payment down the drain. First and last time for me for Super 8. I certainly hope that the people deciding these policies never have a similar situation involving Super 8.
2 night trip with friends Nov 14, 2014
Room is supposed to be non smoking however when we got to room it smelled like smoke. Told front desk and he was great that he noted on my records that we hadn't smoked in room so we wouldn't get the $250 fine
Arrived late and left early so price and convenience we most important. Longer stay I would have wanted a little nicer facilities.
"Okay for the price."
Overall, the experience was satisfactory. We stayed here because they take pets. The rooms were clean, although some age on them. Would stay here again if in the area.
"It was great !!"
The staff was great the room was clean !! It was at a great location !!! Close to great restaurants and shops !! I will stay here again with family !! The breakfast was great the staff helped me with my stuff !! Me and my kids enjoyed the stay . We had no problem checking in or out. The parking was great and plenty of it . The room was clean and fresh. Had plenty of towels and the bed was do comfortable. Omg enough is enoug to to keep writing. This is why ppl do write reviews really
sherry
"Budget hotel for sure"
Needed a cheap place to stay for APhA mid-year. This place was decent and had a lot of restaurants near by. The Free breakfast wasn't that good. No Eggs, sausage, bacon, and etc. Just muffin, and juice.
2 night business trip Nov 14, 2014
"Noise."
Too much noise.... People slamming doors all night and the hotel mgt did nothing about it.... Terrible...
1 night business trip Nov 9, 2014
"It does the job."
Clean. Functional for overnight stay.
1 night family trip Nov 1, 2014
Ernest
"nice quiet location & shop & restaurants close"
I realize its an older hotel but the room just in general had a stale weird odor, the shower had very low water pressure and the towel hanger fell out of the wall, the light in the bathroom was fluorescent and kept flickering like it was about to go out, plus there was no guide for the tv channels and no plug ins for cell phones (all outlets were taking by other things so to charge phone we had to unplug something) - the beds were also old & uncomfortable and only 2 pillows per bed is unusual in any hotel these days
Other trip Nov 1, 2014
Melinda
"Super 8 Morgantown"
It was a Super 8, but was actually surprised at how nice it was. The screen on the window was mangled.
1 night family trip Oct 24, 2014
Very average. Bed was comfortable. Adequate room. Funky smell. Breakfast was pretty weak but a lot of options within walking distance. Stayed here last year for WVU game and thought it was much better then
2 night trip Oct 17, 2014
The room was ready when we checked in; the hotel staff were friendly; the hotel just had an old/run-down feel to it.
Other trip Oct 19, 2014
"Only hotel available for football game"
Inexpensive place if you jist need a place to stay, has free basic breakfast which is fine. I have stayed here more than once, again just basic and it is clean, however maintenance is lacking. I ma concerned cleaniness will soon be impacted if maintenance continues to deteriorate. Safe in 2 rooms did not work, microwave did not work and our door did not close properly. You had to make sure you pull ot shut, we did but the room cleaning staff failed to leaving our room available for entry. Luvkilynothing was taken. The side door has a broken card swipe, which is how it was back in august. Outback is right across the syreet as well as other eating establishments.
Other trip Oct 6, 2014
KTK
"room for concert"
The room rate was almost twice than a typical night because of a WVU football game the next day. The room smelled of smoke. This was a non smoking facility. There was no smoke detector, only wires hanging from the ceiling. There was a hole in the wall above the bed. There were no stops/plugs in the sink or tub. The exhaust fan in the bathroom was hanging down from the ceiling. There was a huge stain on the dirty carpet in the elevator.
Other trip Oct 6, 2014
Rich
"Left and went to another hotel"
Very disappointing- checked out 2 dats early because rooms were so dirty
3 night business trip Sep 25, 2014
"N front desk servcice"
WE tried to call the front desk several times and never got an answer. The phone went un-answered every time we tried. The rest of the service was nice. Breakfast could have been a little more substantial.
1 night family trip Sep 28, 2014
"non-smoking room smelled like smoke"
The hotel was smoke free but when we opened the door to the room you could tell someone was smoking in the room. Bed spread was dirty.
Other trip Sep 29, 2014
"One night stay"
King bed suite room with a pullout room was roomy and clean. Booked many weeks ahead for Patent's Weekend so price was a real value for the accomodations.
Other trip Sep 29, 2014
paul
"Motel 8, Morgantown WV,"
Our stay was ok, but my complaints were new updated bedding needed. Looked slept in. Stained blankets and needed updated comforters or quilts. Not enough towels and wash cloths left in bathroom. Only for one day. Breakfast I felt could at least had some kind of eggs to go with what they had. Breakfast bar was very slim. I also noticed there was no disturb signs to hang on doors if wanted. When I go to stay at a motel for a few days, I like my privacy. I keep the room clean, make beds, empty trash and ask at desk for extra towels, wash cloths or bed lining. I don't like others coming in my room. Not really any area to walk your dog to go to bathroom. Price was good.
Other trip Sep 27, 2014
Debra
"Non smoking room...not exactly!"
Overall the hotel/room was fine. The issue I had is that the nonsmoking room smelled like an ashtray! Management or the owner should make an effort to clean up the former smoking rooms so the nonsmoking visitors can enjoy the stay!
1 night trip Sep 6, 2014
Christie
"Helpful desk clerk"
The afternoon clerk on Saturday was most helpful in providing an option for getting to and from the football stadium. We had a great time at the game & he provided excellent advice.
1 night trip Sep 20, 2014
"Great place to stay."
Clean rooms, courteous service.
2 night trip Sep 12, 2014
Bellarae
"Crappy room"
Smelled, carpet coming up, stained bedspread, a/c did not work
Other trip Sep 5, 2014
kathy
"Do Not Stay Here"
The lobby was passable. The room is a different story. The sheets looked as if they were 15 years old, paper thin from over use and too many washings. I think they were once white but looked cream. There were two large stains on one of the bed spreads. The air conditioning unit was loud and did not work properly. The TV reception was distorted. The window screen was not properly secured. There was no drain stop in the tub and drain clogged up to my ankles during a shower. The toilet water looked yellow. Nothing was updated. I had a non refundable charge but checked out anyway.
1 night business trip Aug 25, 2014
Andrew Gavin
i will never stay at a super 8 again i was very upset at the hotel no bathtub only a standup shower side door didnt work breakfast was pitiful beds were very uncomfortable and whats with go green signs in the bathroom use ur towels and bedsheets over get real i paid almost 90 dollars to get this
1 night trip Aug 23, 2014
"I'll never stay in a Super 8 again"
Moving my daughter into WVU and had made reservations for a room with 2 queen beds, there was a standard bed and a pull out sofa in poor condition that wasnt fit to sleep on, hotel had no other rooms available and said I could cancel and they would not compensate us.Towels were falling apart, not staying there anymore
Other trip Aug 24, 2014
"Not great at all"
Are room had a broken air conditioner and it was so hot and uncomfortable. No hairdryer it was ripped off wall and overall not clean.
Other trip Aug 20, 2014
"Ok, but needs some updates and towels were stiff"
It was ok, close to a couple restaurants which was nice, but could of been a little cleaner and the bathroom had a smell to it
Other trip Aug 17, 2014
lynn
The staff was friendly, my room was clean. Although, the pillows were too soft for my taste. But, overall, I enjoyed my stay.
Other trip Aug 8, 2014