All hotels in Wetaskiwin, Alberta, Canada

Clean
    Great pool
    Breakfast is average
    Ordinary amenities
"Good hotel, better breakfast."
The self-serve breakfast was among the best we have experienced.
Response by Super 8 Wetaskiwin AB
Thank you for choosing to stay at the Wetaskiwin Super 8. I am happy to hear you enjoyed our breakfast. We have been trying a few new things on our breakfast bar, so it's great to hear that you are enjoying the changes. I hope that we have the opportunity to see you again at the hotel real soon, K.Sjolin GM Super 8 Wetaskiwin
2 night romance trip Aug 9, 2015
Jerry

The following English reviews were posted by hotel guests from other countries:

"Not wheelchair friendly"
We requested a room for wheelchair accessibility but when we got in the room I had to keep rearranging the furniture like a puzzle to be able to move around the tight room.
1 night family trip Mar 18, 2016
Christina
"Hockey Tournament Stay"
The room was great...clean comfy and comfortable. Staff was very friendly and helpful. Water slide was a HUGE hit with all our boys. Only thing that I found frustrating, was I had a HUGE hockey bag and I was in the side building and I was on the upper floor, there wasn't a elevator and going up and down the stairs with the bag caused me to have an athsma attack a few times...wish I was on the bottom level of the hotel.
Other trip Jan 15, 2016
Tina
"Christmas Stay"
The main section of the hotel is very pleasant both the lobby area and the rooms. The free breakfast is adequate with a modest amount of selections available. It is annoying to have to go outside to get to the breakfast if your room is in the older, unattached section of the hotel. Overall a fine place to stay for a trip to visit family.
2 night family trip Dec 25, 2015
"Great hotel! Would stay again."
The hotel was great! The staff was great. I would stay again for sure.
Response by Super 8 Wetaskiwin AB
Thank you for staying with us during your recent visit to Wetaskiwin. I am happy to hear that your experience was enjoyable. If there is anything we can do for your in the future, please let us know. K.Sjolin GM Wetaskiwin Super 8
Other trip Dec 11, 2015
Lorissa
very friendly, helpful staff!! kids loved the pool!!!
Response by Super 8 Wetaskiwin AB
Thank you for choosing to fill out a guest survey. I am happy to hear that our staff were able to make your stay enjoyable while at the hotel. I hope we have the opportunity to see you & your family at the hotel again soon. K.Sjolin GM Wetaskiwin Super 8
3 night family trip Oct 30, 2015
CJ
"Lovely stay"
We appreciated the staff and the excellent breakfast room.
Response by Super 8 Wetaskiwin AB
Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your stay. I am very happy to hear that you enjoyed your time with us. If there is anything we can do for you in the future, don't hesitate to contact us. Thank you again for your business, K.Sjolin GM Wetaskiwin Super 8
Other trip Oct 20, 2015
"A Nice Place to Stay in Wetaskiwin"
It was a decent hotel to stay in considering there were only 3 to choose from online. The staff were friendly, helpful, and always available. They were also super accommodating. The pool was nice to spend a bit of time in after a day of work stuff. The room was a good size for me and it was cleaned every day. I had a small issue with my bathtub drain and when I called about it, they offered me a new room and got someone to go fix the tub in the old one! I was surprised and very grateful. Overall it was a good place to stay and I would stay again.
Response by Super 8 Wetaskiwin AB
Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your stay. It is great to hear that you enjoyed your visit to our hotel. I'm sorry to hear that there was an issue with your tub, I hope it did not create too much of an inconvenience. I appreciate your patience in letting us resolve the problem. If you are in Wetaskiwin in the future, I hope we have the opportunity to see you at the hotel again. K.Sjolin GM Wetaskiwin Super 8
4 night business trip Sep 27, 2015
Not Provided
"Very plesant stay we were in town for a conference"
The only complaint we had was the gentlemen sitting outside obviously intoxicated and using very bad language we could hear them through a closed window, and frankly we were glad of a secure building
Response by Super 8 Wetaskiwin AB
Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your experience at our hotel during your conference in town. I am disappointed to hear that an otherwise great stay, was marred by the actions of some inconsiderate people. We do our best to ensure that all our guests feel comfortable, & not offended in any way, but it seems that you may have encountered some less than polite guests. Please accept my apologies for any concerns that you felt. Please also be assured that this is not the norm, & that most of our guests are much more considerate. I hope that this encounter will not hamper any future decisions to visit us, we would love to have the opportunity to see you again. Thank you again for your feedback, K.Sjolin GM Wetaskiwin Super 8
Other trip Sep 28, 2015
Rita
Okay, good service and the rooms were clean and comfortable.
Response by Super 8 Wetaskiwin AB
Thank you for choosing to stay at the Wetaskiwin Super 8 during your recent visit to Wetaskiwin. I am happy to hear that your visit was enjoyable. If you are in the area again, please let us know if there is anything we can do for you. Again, thank you for taking the time to submit a guest review, K.Sjolin GM Wetaskiwin Super 8
2 night romance trip Sep 15, 2015
grant
Friendly reception upon arrival clean quiet room.
Other trip Sep 16, 2015
doug
"Clean and good service."
Staff was very friendly and breakfast was good.
Response by Super 8 Wetaskiwin AB
Thank you for choosing to stay at the Wetaskiwin Super 8 during your recent visit to Wetaskiwin. We appreciate the feedback we receive from our guests and use it to continually improve the facilities and the services that we provide. Thank you again for taking the time to provide a guest survey and I hope we have the chance to see you again soon, K.Sjolin GM Super 8 Wetaskiwin
3 night family trip Aug 30, 2015
lee-Anne
It was short but we really enjoyed our selves
Response by Super 8 Wetaskiwin AB
Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your stay at the hotel. I am happy to hear you enjoyed yourself during your visit . I hope that you have the opportunity to visit us again for a little longer stay. We would be happy to recommend some of our local attractions, museums and restaurants in the area to make your stay enjoyable. Thank you again for your business and I hope we see you again soon, K.Sjolin GM Super 8 Wetaskiwin
1 night family trip Aug 21, 2015
tracy
"Good place to stay in Wetaskiwin."
Went to a wedding in Wetaskiwin and stayed at the super 8. The room was clean and the staff were friendly. Newest hotel in town I think.
Response by Super 8 Wetaskiwin AB
Thank you for choosing to stay at the Wetaskiwin Super 8 during your recent visit to Wetaskiwin. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your experience with us. If you are in the area, I hope we have the opportunity to see you again. K.Sjolin GM Super 8 Wetaskiwin
Other trip Aug 17, 2015
Wmaker
"Great breakfast and friendly staff"
I was staying for wedding. It was wonderful to have breakfast as part of the stay. Cut up fresh fruit, waffleswith strawberries and whip cream breakfast burritos, quiche to microwave as well as toast, pastries and cereals. The water slide was also a wonderful addition when you have children. The staff helped me open doors to carry things to and from my car as well as accommodated us for a late checkout.
Response by Super 8 Wetaskiwin AB
Thank you for the taking the time to let us know about your experience while staying at the Super 8 Wetaskiwin. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay, and our complimentary "Quick Start" breakfast. Thank you again and I hope we have the opportunity to see you again soon, K.Sjolin GM Super 8 Wetaskiwin
Other trip Aug 15, 2015
Veryl
"Good hotel - better than expected"
Family trip - kitchenette in room (pre-requested) was very good (well equipped). Decent, do it yourself breakfast.
Response by Super 8 Wetaskiwin AB
Thank you for letting us know about your experience at the hotel. I am glad to hear one of our kitchenettes worked well for your family. It's a great way to have a little feeling of home while on the road. Thank you for your business and I hope we will see you again soon, K.Sjolin GM Super 8 Wetaskiwin
2 night family trip Jul 24, 2015
Clinton
I had originally been booked on the 2nd floor. Due to health reasons Stairs are not a possibility for me and the management and staff worked hard to switch me to main floor access. Excellent service Thank you
Response by Super 8 Wetaskiwin AB
I am happy to hear our staff was able to accommodate you in a room on the main floor. I appreciate your kind feedback on the service you received and will be sure to pass it on to our staff. They work hard to provide a great guest experience, and always appreciate when their efforts are recognized. Thank you again for your business and I hope we see you again soon, K.Sjolin GM Super 8 Wetaskiwin
Other trip Aug 4, 2015
Jean
"Confusing"
Booked a certain room only to get there and they had moved me citing that they thought it wasn't what I wanted. I made them move me back saying I booked it myself of course it's what I wanted.
Response by Super 8 Wetaskiwin AB
Please accept my apologies in regard to the confusion with the room type that you booked. I have reviewed your feedback with our front desk team and we have rectified the source of the confusion. I hope this situation did not effect your experience too negatively once we had you checked into the proper room. Again my apologies, and I hope we have the opportunity to provide you with a better first impression on another visit. K.Sjolin GM Super 8 Wetaskiwin
Other trip Aug 3, 2015
sara
Nice stay but to many spiders at the pool area
Response by Super 8 Wetaskiwin AB
Thank you for staying with us, I am happy to hear you enjoyed your visit overall. Thank you also for bringing the spider situation to my attention. We haven't had a lot of feedback about spiders in the pool, but we will certainly have our maintenance department look into it. Thank you again for your business & I hope we see you again soon, K.Sjolin GM Super 8 Wetaskiwin
1 night romance trip Jul 10, 2015
Dorothy
Very good and helpful staff. Disappointed re pool under construction for my whole stay. BUT that happens
Response by Super 8 Wetaskiwin AB
Thank you for taking the time to submit a guest review about your stay with us. I am happy to hear our staff was able to make your stay comfortable. Please accept my apologies in regard to the pool being down for maintenance. Unfortunately we do have to perform maintenance from time to time on the pool and I am afraid there is never a good time for it. I do appreciate you being so understanding about the situation. Again, thank you for your business and we look forward to seeing you again soon. K.Sjolin GM Super 8 Wetaskiwin
Other trip Jun 29, 2015
"Far away from everything and ask for new rooms.."
Was very disappointed.. It's far from all event locations.. Was there for a nice family function was not sure where to stay.. When I purchased a room it sold me on the new hotel facilities.. To only then check in and they told me I should have booked directly with them.. I was given a smoking room stale and smelly , bed looked like it was slept in and I was in the old building facilities.. Noisy in the morning on too of it all.. I asked for another room and she was full my fault for booking through Expedia.. Bonus if your thirsty there are two liquor stores either side and one across the street and hungry well KFC is right out your window, bored there is bingo hall across the street at the mall or a pawn shop located behind.. The new building is nice just really dissapointed they have false advising when booking a room online.. 60-80.00 no problem I'll deal with it 140.00 not recommended.. there are better hotels located closer to city centre.
Other trip Jun 15, 2015
Bre
"Piece Of Paradise"
Super friendly staff, more than willing to help and answer any questions. Beds were so nice to sleep in and complete parts of hotel were very clean. I will defiantly be staying there again.
Other trip Jun 15, 2015
amanda
"Disappointing"
I was a little disappointed by this hotel. At check in we weren't told any info such as breakfast hours she was unsure what she wrote for the wifi password and never clarified. The beds were super hard and the walls were so thin I could hear everything either outside or in the hallway. They say free wifi but by morning the password no longer worked even before check out. The room was clean enough but otherwise not a great over all experience.
Other trip Jun 7, 2015
"Comfort after a long drive."
Our stay was very comfortable and relaxing
2 night family trip May 22, 2015
Kyle
"Worst night in a hotel room ever"
Hockey Tournament players and parents up all night partying and kids running around slamming doors all night! Not enough security to control this group! Did not sleep for more than 1/2 hour all night
eaebd
"Will always stay here!!"
This hotel exceeded expectation in all catgeories but one and this may seem trivial.....I wasn't able to see what was on TV as there is no channel guide.....somewhat frustrating but all in all staff was great, room was great, clean and comfortable....would def stay again. When in Wetaskawin I wouldn't stay anywhere else!
2 night business trip Mar 12, 2015
mike
"Ok for Wetaskiwin"
I stayed at the Super 8 while attending a week of workshops at the Reynolds Museum. The location was convenient, the room ok. Huckleberries Cafe is walking distance for dinner.
Other trip Feb 14, 2015
"Easy check in and out and nice rooms"
We had a lovely stay at the super 8. We had a suite with 2 queens and a pull out. Facility was clean and spacious. Front desk staff was friendly and effecient.
Other trip Dec 6, 2014
Pam
"Recomended"
Quiet, good service, clean, good continental, overall-good+
1 night family trip Sep 28, 2014
Paul A.
"Great suite"
Lots of room kitchen was great Clean very nice would recommend it.
Other trip Sep 29, 2014
"Buisness trip overnite Stay"
It was ok but overpriced and I was in old section but all not bad Bed was pretty good >
1 night business trip Sep 25, 2014
"It was easy to find and has a good free breakfast."
The room was nice in appearance overall but the whole floor smelled bad, like stale smoke although it was non smoking.
Other trip Sep 11, 2014
"not happy"
Booked through and paid for 11 rooms through Hotels.com. Two room charges were put onto my employees credit cards. Hotel said that they would reverse the charges. It has been a week and it still hasn't been fixed.
1 night business trip Jul 11, 2014
"Seeing Double"
I booked our hotel online, there was nothing in the description that said anything about a "new" Super 8 and and "old Super 8. I got to check in at the new Super 8, but was given a room in the "old" Super 8 which is across the parking lot. The hallways were dark, dingy and smelled of old musty carpet with a cheap air freshener overlay. My door to my room could hardly be open, and I had to use my shoulder to help open it. My room has beside the KFC drive through. I guess that is not so bad if you like the smell of KFC all day long. The new Super 8 had a good breakfast.
2 night family trip Jun 27, 2014
Shelly
"An unexpected tropical evening"
I came in having asked for a non-smoking room and was given a non-smoking room, that smelled like someone had chain smoked all evening. I was lucky enough that I was able to get switched to another room (however, I was informed that there were no other rooms available if I didnt like the one I was being switched too). The website said that there was air conditioning, however, I did not feel it. I was extremely uncomfortable all evening even with the window open. Maybe this is from staying in the older building (there are two - one is significantly newer looking inside). I would advise anyone that must stay here to request the newer building (main building).
Other trip Jun 30, 2014
1. Had to phone for help to get TV on 2. Bathtub wouldn't drain while showering .3. Fan made lots of noise but condensation very high throughout room. 4 Light burnt out in bathroom. 5. Problem getting hairdryer to work. 5. No one had a bottle opener in motel for us to use.Complained 1st day, drain fixed, light fixed. and 1 night re-imbursed when I talked to manager upon leaving.That's good customer service. Would stay again.
2 night trip Jun 23, 2014
LB
"Very clean"
The staff was very helpful,efficient and friendly. Great selection for breakfast . Beds were so comfy. Would definitely stay again
2 night trip Jun 20, 2014
Curler
"Nice hotel close to family activities"
The hotel was very nice. We enjoyed the pool and the room was very comfortable.
Other trip Jun 24, 2014
"Awesome waterslide and hot tub."
We loved the waterslide - super fast - and the continental breakfast was very convenient.
Other trip Apr 27, 2014
New part of hotel was nice but i was stuck in old part. Musty smells, dark hallways but not bad overall
2 night trip Feb 21, 2014
Pat
"Good except for the smoke"
The hotel was comfortable and clean. However the hallways and rooms smelled strongly of different types of smoke. There are two separate buildings and we were in the far one which had no front desk service or any staff in the building at all at night. My room also did not have a phone which was strange and disconcerting. I think a stay in the main building would have proved to be better as I'm sure the unobserved smoking and availability to call for service would have been much improved.
1 night trip Feb 21, 2014
"Clean and Comfortable"
Nice, new hotel. Clean, comfotable and ticked all the boxes for our stay. Easy to find and the service was fast and friendly. Had a large tv in the room. Also, a microwave, coffee maker and mini fridge.
3 night trip Dec 24, 2013
"Good hotel - but no elevator"
Was surprised to find no elevator in the hotel. Although day to day okay, but lugging the luggage up stairs was not a pleasant experience. There was also a lot of sound carry throughout hotel - could easily hear conversations in halls, between rooms.
Other trip Dec 28, 2013
"Great experience"
Apparently the place was recently renovated and it showed. If all Super 8s were like this, if stay at them all the time
Other trip Dec 15, 2013

The following reviews were posted by hotel guests from other countries:

"Family friendly!"
Mycket trevligt hotell. Vi roade oss i poolen och "water slide" var mycket populär. Även frukosten var en positiv överraskning. Kan varmt rekommendera detta hotell.
1 night business trip Jun 6, 2014
SE
2 night family trip Mar 18, 2016
Carrie
1 night family trip Feb 12, 2016
Tanya
Response by Super 8 Wetaskiwin AB
Thank you for taking the time to submit a guest review about your visit to our hotel. Our guest's feedback is very important to us and we appreciate every survey that we receive. I am happy to see that your experience with us was enjoyable. I hope we have the opportunity to see you again the next time you are in the area, K.Sjolin GM Wetaskiwin Super 8
1 night business trip Dec 3, 2015
Response by Super 8 Wetaskiwin AB
Thank you for taking the time to submit a guest review. We appreciate our guests feedback, and use the information we gain from these reviews to continually improve our facilities and our staff training programs. Thank you again for your business and I hope we see you again soon. K.Sjolin GM Wetaskiwin Super 8
1 night family trip Sep 26, 2015
Chantelle
Response by Super 8 Wetaskiwin AB
Thank you for choosing to stay at the Super 8 Wetaskiwin during your recent visit to town. I hope we have the opportunity to have you stay with us again soon. K.Sjolin GM Super 8 Wetaskiwin
1 night romance trip Jul 18, 2015