All hotels in Wetaskiwin, Alberta, Canada
You can collect Welcome Rewards® nights here3820 56th Street, Wetaskiwin, AB, T9A2B2, Canada, ‏‎855-238-1592

"Was filthy dirty ashtrays full garbage overflowin"
My husband travels lots. stays lots at Super 8 .This was a total night mare dirty, staff at front desk said they were only there for a short time had no clue about anything mix up in room not even cleaned and they were not busy Asked to talk to manager to no avail.Will pass the word around how bad it was
2 night trip Aug 31, 2012
"Close to Work Site"
The best thing about the stay was the helpfulness of the staff. They did a good job at getting me into the kind of room I wanted as quickly as possible.
1 night trip Jun 27, 2012
BobZ

"Will always stay here!!"
This hotel exceeded expectation in all catgeories but one and this may seem trivial.....I wasn't able to see what was on TV as there is no channel guide.....somewhat frustrating but all in all staff was great, room was great, clean and comfortable....would def stay again. When in Wetaskawin I wouldn't stay anywhere else!
2 night business trip Mar 12, 2015
mike
"Easy check in and out and nice rooms"
We had a lovely stay at the super 8. We had a suite with 2 queens and a pull out. Facility was clean and spacious. Front desk staff was friendly and effecient.
Other trip Dec 6, 2014
Pam
"Recomended"
Quiet, good service, clean, good continental, overall-good+
1 night family trip Sep 28, 2014
Paul A.
"Great suite"
Lots of room kitchen was great Clean very nice would recommend it.
Other trip Sep 29, 2014
"Buisness trip overnite Stay"
It was ok but overpriced and I was in old section but all not bad Bed was pretty good >
1 night business trip Sep 25, 2014
"It was easy to find and has a good free breakfast."
The room was nice in appearance overall but the whole floor smelled bad, like stale smoke although it was non smoking.
Other trip Sep 11, 2014
"not happy"
Booked through and paid for 11 rooms through Hotels.com. Two room charges were put onto my employees credit cards. Hotel said that they would reverse the charges. It has been a week and it still hasn't been fixed.
1 night business trip Jul 11, 2014
"Seeing Double"
I booked our hotel online, there was nothing in the description that said anything about a "new" Super 8 and and "old Super 8. I got to check in at the new Super 8, but was given a room in the "old" Super 8 which is across the parking lot. The hallways were dark, dingy and smelled of old musty carpet with a cheap air freshener overlay. My door to my room could hardly be open, and I had to use my shoulder to help open it. My room has beside the KFC drive through. I guess that is not so bad if you like the smell of KFC all day long. The new Super 8 had a good breakfast.
2 night family trip Jun 27, 2014
Shelly
"An unexpected tropical evening"
I came in having asked for a non-smoking room and was given a non-smoking room, that smelled like someone had chain smoked all evening. I was lucky enough that I was able to get switched to another room (however, I was informed that there were no other rooms available if I didnt like the one I was being switched too). The website said that there was air conditioning, however, I did not feel it. I was extremely uncomfortable all evening even with the window open. Maybe this is from staying in the older building (there are two - one is significantly newer looking inside). I would advise anyone that must stay here to request the newer building (main building).
Other trip Jun 30, 2014
1. Had to phone for help to get TV on 2. Bathtub wouldn't drain while showering .3. Fan made lots of noise but condensation very high throughout room. 4 Light burnt out in bathroom. 5. Problem getting hairdryer to work. 5. No one had a bottle opener in motel for us to use.Complained 1st day, drain fixed, light fixed. and 1 night re-imbursed when I talked to manager upon leaving.That's good customer service. Would stay again.
2 night trip Jun 23, 2014
LB
"Very clean"
The staff was very helpful,efficient and friendly. Great selection for breakfast . Beds were so comfy. Would definitely stay again
2 night trip Jun 20, 2014
Curler
"Nice hotel close to family activities"
The hotel was very nice. We enjoyed the pool and the room was very comfortable.
Other trip Jun 24, 2014
"Awesome waterslide and hot tub."
We loved the waterslide - super fast - and the continental breakfast was very convenient.
Other trip Apr 27, 2014
New part of hotel was nice but i was stuck in old part. Musty smells, dark hallways but not bad overall
2 night trip Feb 21, 2014
Pat
"Good except for the smoke"
The hotel was comfortable and clean. However the hallways and rooms smelled strongly of different types of smoke. There are two separate buildings and we were in the far one which had no front desk service or any staff in the building at all at night. My room also did not have a phone which was strange and disconcerting. I think a stay in the main building would have proved to be better as I'm sure the unobserved smoking and availability to call for service would have been much improved.
1 night trip Feb 21, 2014
"Clean and Comfortable"
Nice, new hotel. Clean, comfotable and ticked all the boxes for our stay. Easy to find and the service was fast and friendly. Had a large tv in the room. Also, a microwave, coffee maker and mini fridge.
3 night trip Dec 24, 2013
"Good hotel - but no elevator"
Was surprised to find no elevator in the hotel. Although day to day okay, but lugging the luggage up stairs was not a pleasant experience. There was also a lot of sound carry throughout hotel - could easily hear conversations in halls, between rooms.
Other trip Dec 28, 2013
"Great experience"
Apparently the place was recently renovated and it showed. If all Super 8s were like this, if stay at them all the time
Other trip Dec 15, 2013
If I stay at another super 8 like this one then I will never stay at another one again. This super 8 bought a defunc hotel next to them there was no parking then as soon asI walk into the motel I get hit with this stinch of stale tobacco walk into the room and there is no iron or board, tried to call the desk and no one answers. Get up in the morning and want a cup of coffee great no coffee pot. Not happy at all for the money spent. I will let my freinds know about this dump
1 night trip Aug 7, 2012
"Convenient to meeting place"
Met our basic needs for a one-night stay. Reasonably priced & comfortable. Service was good. Clean & comfortable room.
1 night trip Apr 21, 2012

"Family friendly!"
Mycket trevligt hotell. Vi roade oss i poolen och "water slide" var mycket populär. Även frukosten var en positiv överraskning. Kan varmt rekommendera detta hotell.
1 night business trip Jun 6, 2014
1 night business trip May 30, 2014
Mark H
1 night business trip Apr 19, 2014

TripAdvisor reviews for Super 8 Wetaskiwin

"Wetaskiwin Super 8 experience"
04/18/15 Dennis E Saskatoon
I want to commend the front desk staff who registered me in the hotel. They were very courteous, friendly and respectful. I look forward to my next stay at Wetaskiwin Super 8. Only request I have is to maybe have fruit or eggs or oatmeal for breakfast. Other than that it was a positive experience.
"Good place to rest"
04/17/15 Stanley S Red Deer, AB
My wife and I stayed at the Super 8 after I had cataract surgery. The room was upgraded from the type I had booked. It was very clean and very comfortable. The desk clerk Gary was very efficient and had us booked in very quickly. He also handled our check out and that was handled efficiently as well.
"Good Value"
04/15/15 Wanda D Edmonton
My room was very clean and quiet - AND a smoking room which is very nice for a smoker. The hotel itself was quiet so that was nice. Continental breakfast was average. Did not get a chance to try the pool but it looked very clean. Good value - nothing fancy - perfect for me :)
"Poor customer service, Pool that give rashes"
04/09/15 Carmen P Edmonton, Canada
We stayed at the Super 8 in Wetaskiwin for a local hockey tournament. When we booked the room, over 8 weeks prior to the tournament, we asked for a room in the same building as the pool. We were told that would be done. Upon check-in, we were given a room in the other building, contrary to what we were told at the time of booking. Given the hotel was now filled to capacity, except for smoking rooms, we were unable to change rooms. We were offered no compensation for their error. We got no sympathy for their mistake. The kids used the pool and all got rashes after being in the water, which likely wasn't treated properly.
"easter break"
04/08/15 charlene367 Saskatoon
Good clean hotel. Nice amenities. I wish the breakfast bar was better stocked at 9 am
"Waterslide"
04/06/15 09stephen1970 Johannesburg, South Africa
We had a two night stay with our grandson. He was a big fan of the pool and waterslide. Room was nice - double queen, microwave and fridge. TV remote worked for cable box only. Probably needed to reprogram the universal remote...we used buttons on side of television. Restaurants, mall, theatre and museum all in walking distance. Continental breakfast only so we ate elsewhere. Would stay again but did seem high price for small town.
"Not great...Would not want to return unless big changes are made"
04/01/15 Mark B Edmonton
We stayed at this hotel for a hockey tournament March27-29 2015 Upon arrival our room was not ready. Then they said about 10 minutes it magically was ready. Well....The room was small and for $129 per night I seriously expected better. The beds were rock hard. The room itself had 2 doors that opened into the parking lot and the hallway. The door opening to the parking lot only worked when it wanted to. At one point I had a child locked out on the outside because the person inside could not open the door. The door would not open from either side. There was no coffee,no creamers,no stir stix in the room but there was a coffee pot. The ice machine was not working on our floor. The pool was over chlorinated to the point of one child having chemical burns on their face believed to be caused by said pool. Many other kids had red blotchy and itchy skin. The breakfast was acceptable but they ran out of orange juice 2 hours in and could not replace it because no on knew how. When we returned to our room on the Saturday after our hockey game it was around 4:15 pm Our room had not been cleaned. We emptied our own garbage into the large bins outside. We had no towels,no washcloths and a half roll of toilet paper left. I went tot he front desk to complain only to find out we never should have been in that room as the door issue was something they knew about!!!! And the housekeeping staff blatantly lied and said the deadbolt was on and they could not access our room!! It was not....We had to exit out that door since the other door would not open.The ladies at the front desk that evening were very kind and helpful and that is about the only thing I was happy about. The room we got moved to was a kitchenette suite. While the beds were better there was almost no space between the bed and the A/C unit. The only way out of the bed was to scoot down to the end or climb over the other person.The other bed had maybe 3-4 feet of space between the sink/kitchenette and the bed. Again a small room for a high price. I would not return to this hotel unless there were some very major changes and the bulk of the staff better trained! It was a very unpleasant experience.
"Not great service"
03/31/15 Wendy R Stirling
1st was given a non smoking room when had requested a smoking room & mentioned to staff at counter that we drove 1/2 hr out of our way to get a smoking room. Then moved to a smoking room, 2nd floor, no elevator so had to haul crates up 2 flights of stairs.. not fun as is handicapped !! Got to room & beds were messed up.. when asked about were advised they had moved guests out of that room that afternoon for a power failure ?? anyway found socks & junk in room, not impressed. Reported this to front desk but didn't get much of a response.! Got back from dog show Friday & room had been semi cleaned. ashtray dumped but not washed. Had to phone front desk for wifi password cause the one we were given Thursday was only good for 1 day altho we were booked in for 3 nights. Have stayed in this motel for years & have never had such a poor experience before.. was very disappointed
"The room was nice and the bed was very comfortable..."
03/30/15 Dave P Tucson
The room was nice and the bed was very comfortable.
"Super Super 8"
03/29/15 BreeHodge Edmonton, Alberta
I have stayed at this property before and, in my opinion, it is the best hotel to stay at in Wetaskiwin. Yes, it is a Super 8, but it is one of the better ones. Two pieces of advice: ask to stay in the hotel rather than the motel, and ask to stay on the main floor unless you mind carrying your bags up the stairs. There is no elevator.