All hotels in Sandusky, Ohio, United States of America

2.6
    2.7
    2.5
"Cedar Point Bound"
We booked here based on prices through Hotels.com. We were staying just one night after a day at the park, so I wasn't looking for something too expensive with all the bells and whistles. We got their pretty early and we were able to check into our room, which was great since we just wanted to drop off our luggage and hit the park. The lady that checked us in was really nice. The room was Ok, but the smell was very old!!!!!!!! When I went to bed I put perfume on my sheets so I couldn't smell it anymore. We didn't use the free breakfast, as we went to Bob Evan's down the street.
1 night family trip Jul 17, 2014
Bobbi
Horrible smell in room. Dirty. Pool was being filled up with hose. Old. By far the worst room I've ever stayed in.
1 night business trip Jul 20, 2014
"Needed some sleep"
Super 8 was fine for a quick overnight stay. Front desk was great and brought us extra sheets, extra towels, and a rollaway late at night. Clean except for maybe behind the bathroom door.
2 night trip Jul 14, 2014
"Thanks"
I booked the room for clan comming in from Texas. They said they were happy with the room. Most of all (clean).
Other trip Jul 21, 2014
""Quit, Clean & Comfortable Room.""
Had a Gr8 time. Can't beat the price for a "Quit, Clean & Comfortable Room" that feels like it's 5 min. from everything.
Other trip Jul 12, 2014
J.T.
"Sandusky super 8"
Room was adequate, but only 2 towels. Had to ask for roll away cot and was at first told they didn't have one. Breakfast was not worth eating. Pool wasnt that clean. Room smelled like smoke, even though we requested non smoking. Tv didn't work. Shower had great water pressure. Liked the safe in the room. Checked out a day early and staff was very nice. Not happy with hotels.com. The rate from them was $20 more than the hotel charged.
2 night family trip Jul 7, 2014
"Expida over charges"
Hotel was just ok employes were very nice and helpful according to the hotel personal expida over charged us about. 40 dollars
Other trip Jul 8, 2014
"Dirty Beds"
We booked this hotel due to it's close location to Cedar Point, and price. Well it was horrible. In short the cleaning people made dirty beds, and that was it. After leaving the park at close it was pushing 11pm. We get the car unloaded and into the room with 3 little kids. First think noticed is that the toilet is plugged up with stool. We called the night manager, Kim ( who was very helpful in this disgusting situation), who did come and plunge the toilet. Thank goodness for alcohol wipes so we could clean the toilet seat off. Then we turn down the sheets and find hair and evidence of intimate relations! We immediately called and Kim again returned to the room with 2 sets of clean sheets. She also left notes for the general manager. They stated nothing could be done since we booked through hotels.com, but would give us a good deal the next time we were in town. I can assure you we will never stay at this facility again! The ironic thing is that their hotel sign stated "super clean rooms." I don't think so!!!
1 night family trip Jun 30, 2014
"Cheap rooms for cheap price."
Pros: Rooms are pretty big. Breakfast has waffle maker. Also has a laundry room. Walmart right behind it and many restaurants across the street. Great cleaning staff. Cons: Pool is small with dead bugs floating around. One of the room smells like BO so we had to go to Walmart to get candles. But ones the candles burn out, the smells comes back. No towels in the rooms. I only stayed there as I was passing through for a couple of days. Otherwise, it's a like a third world hotel. But you get what you pay for.
4 night trip Jun 22, 2014
"Great staff"
Very friendly staff, much better than Other super 8 motels...
Other trip Jun 28, 2014
Kerem
"Highly Dissatisfied"
Called to confirm a rollaway bed. Was told by the hotel to call Hotels.com since we reserved through them. Called Hotels.com. Was told they would process our request. Checked in Saturday; no rollaway. Said if I would've called the Super 8 themselves, they could've made sure we had one. That's what I initially did. Got to the room, had no tubs for ice. Needed pillows since we didn't have a rollaway, & more towels. Picked up the phone to call the front desk; didn’t work. Couldn’t connect to the "free wifi". I walked to the desk to tell them what we needed and asked them about the wifi. Desk clerk said she would have to ask the manager and call my room (she took my cell # because the room phone didn't work) She called me to tell me "The wifi here is hit or miss. You have to keep trying and it might connect". We were never able to connect to theirs. Desk gal told us that she'd love to give us a discount, or do something for us because of all of our trouble, but she couldn't offer anything because I had booked through Hotels.com!! Found 2 disposable razor covers and cough drop wrappers in the bathroom THAT WERE NOT OURS! How thoroughly are these rooms cleaned? I ended up squeezing into a double bed with my 2 teenage daughters who are both my size. Everyone was horribly uncomfortable. Ended up putting a blanket on the floor to try and give us all more room. It smelled so bad down there that I slept the rest of the night in the chair.
1 night trip Jun 21, 2014
Leah Fraley
"Ohio Bike Week"
Was a great location based on the event and the pricing was very fair. Would stay here again next year.
Other trip Jun 3, 2014
"Gross."
Room smelt, sheets had stains on them. Stayed for 2 nights. Never cleaned our room was hoping for new sheets if we tossed them on the floor. Also was hoping to get our tiny garbage emptied. But that was clearly too difficult for the cleaning staff, due to the fact that they didn't even enter our room when we left all day.
2 night romance trip May 23, 2014
Tony
"OK for the price"
the rooms were clean but there a stale smell in the room. also no garbage can was in the room.
2 night family trip May 24, 2014
tom
"Check your room!!!"
Room was clean however smelled funny resulting in having to buy Febreeze. While getting ready to leave my daughter and I were checking to make sure we didn't forget anything and found someone else's underwear behind the dresser. When we told the front desk the lady wasn't really concerned.
2 night family trip Apr 22, 2014
Kristie
"Good enough for a short stay"
Staff was friendly and attentive. Rooms could be cleaner but in general it's good enough for a short stay in the area.
Other trip Apr 21, 2014
Charlie
"Excellent Value"
I highly recommend this hotel during the offseason. Great proximity to the local attractions and area restaurants, shopping, etc. Hotel staff was very courteous and kept us updated with the impending hazardous winter weather due in the immediate area. Will definitely stay here again in the spring for our next getaway!
1 night family trip Jan 4, 2014
Gregg
"near highway"
ok
1 night trip with friends Oct 19, 2013
"Staff at night was rude. Room did not get cleAn."
Horrible. Will never stay there again. Keys were deactivated second night and at 1 am that's the last thing you want to worry about
Other trip Oct 18, 2013
gina
"Great cedar point sleeping spot!"
Our reservation was held until after the park closed. We had plenty of room. It was clean and comfortable. We needed a few more pillows and the gal at the desk brought them up right away! The breakfast was just what we needed for another long day at Cedar Point! We would definItely stay there again! It was also the right price!
Other trip Oct 15, 2013
"Cheap and There is a Reason Why"
Looked for a hotel less than $100 that was near Cedar Point. If you are looking for cheap and don't care about the conditions, then this hotel is for you. We looked for bed bugs and slept with our clothes on. Never took a shower because disturbed by the conditions. The customer service rep at the front desk was nice.
Other trip Oct 12, 2013
Perfect for us. Best beds I've slept in at a hotel
1 night trip Sep 13, 2013
"Good just for overnight"
Staff friendly. Motel outdated, few things broken in room, overall needs better maintainence. Good for just a nights stay if your not picky.
Other trip Sep 7, 2013
"a hot mess"
The hotel did not have microwave,no refrigerator, no iron or ironingboard. The carpet was filthy. We were placed in something that resembled a utility closet made into a bedroom. Limited electrical outlets. Had to unplug lamp to plug in charger. We were there for two nights and no one came to clean room. In other words the stay was just a hot mess. The only good thing about our stay was the friendly lady at the front desk..
2 night trip with friends Aug 31, 2013
christopher and vanessa
"Decent for the price"
Hotel room was pretty clean. Had to request for our room to be services as we stayed a whole week. The faucet for the tub came out of the wall and the piping was exposed. Every single electrical outlet in our room was garbage. Other than that it wasnt too awful bad for the price.
5 night business trip Aug 25, 2013
Darren
"Paid for location"
The hotel was clean. Service the was good. Furniture was outdated and the room didn't smell fresh. Air worked great! And the breakfast was decent. Overall I paid for the location and it was good enough for this trip.
2 night family trip Aug 22, 2013
Montez
The room smelled really bad. It was clean but had a really bad smell--old cigarette smoke & animal smell.
2 night trip Aug 15, 2013
Price is fair, friendly staff. Rooms are not the cleanest but not terrible for a one night stay. A few stains here and there.
1 night trip Aug 12, 2013
"Close to Cedar Point"
We were there for one night after an all day outing to Cedar Point. We ordered a non-smoking room with a rollaway bed. The rollaway was there, but the room smelled like old cigarette smoke. The bathroom had mold in the shower, and the bathroom fan/light flickered and sounded like a jet engine taking off. We were too tired to move, so we just stayed. I would not recommend this hotel for more than one night.
1 night trip Aug 11, 2013
"It was an absolute nightmare!"
I will never stay at another Super 8 hotel again. The room stunk, the carpet smelled of mildew and the pool was dirty.
Other trip Aug 11, 2013
Jamey
"nice hotel for the price."
stayed on a Monday and Tuesday. hotel was crowded. very busy. people hanging out in the parking lot just sitting around. I think they were day workers. felt a little uneasy going out to my car, but all in all it was what I expected for the price.
Other trip Aug 8, 2013
Good place to stay .located near everything..could use better pillows though to flat ....
2 night business trip Aug 2, 2013
judy
"Super 8 Sandusky"
Good location, reasonably priced for area, friendly & helpful staff, disinfectant/moldy smell in room. First night could have been cleaner but was better on day 2. Walking distance to some shopping.
Other trip Aug 6, 2013
Overall this hotel works for an overnight stay. Don't expect any extras. You get what you pay for. Staff was helpful in providing extra pillows and blankets for us. The major disappointment was the size of the breakfast room. When half the hotel walks in at the same time in the morning it really doesn't work. Having to buy breakfast out with three kids was really a draw back. Spend a little more money and get something nicer.
1 night family trip Aug 1, 2013
We had a good stay...shower didn't work very well but the stay was good.
1 night family trip Aug 1, 2013
Becky
The room served its purpose. The room had a smell to it. The AC did not cool the room too well. It just needs some updating. It is located conveniently to Walmart and several resteraunts nearby.
2 night trip Jul 25, 2013
"Close to Cedar Point"
The AC was broken in the first room we were given. Called the front desk and somebody came fairly quick and agreed that indeed the unit was broken and moved us to another room without any difficulties.
Other trip Jul 21, 2013
"CLOSE LOCATION FOR VISITING CEDAR POINT PARK."
HOTEL IS IN REALLY BAD SHAPE, DIRTY AND OLD. THEY DID NOT TAKE THE TRASH OUT OF MY ROOM IN BETWEEN MY STAY, DID NOT PICK UP OR REPLACED THE TOWELS, DID NOT CLEAN MY ROOM, JUST MADE THE BEDS. THE HOTEL STAFF WAS NICE AND HELPFUL. THE BREAKFEST IN THE MORNING WOULD BE OKAY, BUT THERE WAS ALWAYS SOMETHING MISSING, EITHER THERE WAS MILK BUT NOT CEREAL, YOU COULD GET JAM BUT THERE WAS NO TOAST ETC.
Other trip Jul 20, 2013
ROMAN
"A reasonably priced Hotel near Cedar Point."
The Hotel location was perfect for anyone planning a fun day at Cedar Point Amusement Park. Also, there are many reasonably priced restaurants in the area. The rooms were clean and cool. And that's just what we needed, after a big day at Cedar Point.
Other trip Jul 19, 2013
Pete
"terrible 8 not anything super about it"
this place smelled like wet mildewed clothes, beds were uncomfortable and service stunk. would'nt recommend this to any body
Other trip Jul 19, 2013
"not bad"
Had a nice quiet overnight stay. Just down the road from where my kids were performing at a dance competition. Nothing luxurious, but not bad either.
1 night family trip Jul 15, 2013
"Cheap stay"
We stayed at this motel after I accidentally booked it thinking it was the other Super 8 near Kalahari - this one was closest though. We needed a place just to sleep for a night after joining family at Kalahari.. and this place did the job. i requested a room with a refrigerator when I booked the room and my husband asked again when we checked in, and he was told that they don't have refrigerators. Fortunately, this was one of the rare times when a fridge wasn't an absolute necessity. When we first walked into the room, it smelled a little funny but wasn't noticeable after a few minutes. The room was .. well, what I should have expected for the price we paid (less than $70, before tax, on a Wednesday night) The decor was outdated, the TV was fuzzy, there was mold between the bathroom wall tiles (like, everywhere), a spiderweb behind the toilet (a sign that the bathroom isn't cleaned as thoroughly as it could be) and the sink drained *very* slowly (I had to keep telling my 3 year-old NOT to play in the water sitting in the sink). It was quiet, though, and the beds were comfortable enough that my husband, our 3 year-old, our 3 week-old and myself slept well, and the man at the desk when I checked out was friendly. Wifi was a nice bonus. We didn't use the pool or take advantage of the free breakfast. I can say that I would not pay the weekend rate of $100 for this place based on what I saw during our stay.
1 night family trip Jul 17, 2013
Tiffany
"Never again"
Just not impressed and would rather pay more for better service and ammenities than settle for less. There should be upgrades like tv, and things available in room. Plus room smelled of heavy smoke and a sour smell.
Other trip Jul 17, 2013
Very clean, nice staff, very reasonable price and value. Close to everything we needed; amusement, shopping, restaurants.
1 night family trip Jul 11, 2013
Mack S.
"Will Stay there again"
The room was clean and quiet; even though the hotel was full! We were able to get extra towels each night, the customer service was awesome. It was a great location, right by Applebee's and Wal-Mart; my family and I went to Cedar Pointe for 2 days. We forgot a few things and had to go to Wal-Mart. At night after the park events we would relax and eat at Applebee's. Easy to find when arriving in Sandusky and after leaving the Park in the evening.
2 night family trip Jul 10, 2013
Jane
"close to Cedar Point"
Could have kept the breakfast stocked better, nice, comfortable rooms.
2 night family trip Jul 7, 2013
"I wouldn't stay again."
There was no one at the front desk when I arrived. After I called for assistance the person who arrived was less than friendly. The toilet in our room wasn't anchored solidly to the floor. The exhaust fan barely worked wich made taking a shower in the extremely tiny bathroom very unpleasant. The pool was cloudy & needed vacuumed.
Other trip Jul 15, 2013
"We were looking for an inexpensive room."
The rate met our expectations. It was close to Cedar Point, shopping, and restaurants. One wall plug for the hair dryer didn't work. Overall, the room was nice and comfortable.
Other trip Jul 15, 2013
"Staff was accomodating but the hotel room smelled"
The staff was fine. They were accomodating and friendly. The room however smelled and the bathroom smelled like urine. The cleanliness was ok. The pool was dirty and the continental breakfast was not very appetizing. If your looking for a place to sleep and nothing more this is the hotel to choose.
1 night family trip Jul 8, 2013
"good enough for a place to sleep for the night"
An average place to sleep for a night between days at cedar point
1 night trip Jul 4, 2013