All hotels in South Padre Island, Texas, United States of America
4205 Padre Blvd, South Padre Island, TX, 78597, United States of America, ‏‎855-238-1592

• Value
    Breakfast is average
    Room is all right
    Regular internet service
"All's well that ends well."
Bumpy at the beginning, but turned out fine. Issues at arrival, entry door not functioning properly. Moved to new room, frig was out. They moved new one in. Had to call maintenance to fix a lamp. But the location was good, the price was a super value, and everything seemed to work well once initial problems fixed. Friendly front desk, cold AC, comfortable bed, a good shower and mini-kitchen, and excellent housekeeping. A good choice if you do not need a room right on the beach.
3 night family trip May 25, 2015
"EXCELLENT"
GREAT SERVICE AND ENJOYED MY STAY WOULD GO BACK ANYTIME
1 night family trip May 1, 2015
RAUL
"NEW BEDS!"
I always choose this hotel but this time the beds were very hard and uncomfortable they need to invest in upgrading their beds. The room was clean great location! There was an instance of another customer that was very drunk and was harassing anyone passing by.
2 night romance trip May 27, 2015
Oscar
"Nice hotel for the price"
The initial room we received the ac didnt work, so we switched rooms. other than that the hotel was nice size for the price. it had a kitcken even with a stove but no cooking pans were provided, but we didnt know a stove would even be an option. Right on the island close to the beach.
Other trip May 29, 2015
christine
"Cheapest room, not bad, but not good"
This hotel is a cheap stay. Not a flophouse, but certainly not one of the better bargain hotels I have been in. Its dated although the TV and cable was good. Like so many hotels, the AC vents were not adjustable. That means that the AC blows across you. Not sure why this is so hard for hotels to realize how uncomfortable that can be. The hotel is not right on the beach, but it is a block and a half, a short walk for even someone as out of shape as me. The staff was friendly. We had double Queen with a sorta kitchenette but the hotel provides nothing for the kitchen in the way of plates, cooking stuff etc. Although this is a two bed room, and we booked for two adults, the hotel only place a single wash cloth in the room. We called to let them know, their response was we would have to come get one. That is downright bad service. I found no fault with how clean the room was, so I did rate that part 5 star.
1 night family trip May 22, 2015
"super 8"
The breakfeast is very slim - cereal or waffles, juice or coffee.
4 night family trip May 18, 2015
Ernest
"I had one of the better experience staying in Sout"
very nice room for the price
2 night family trip May 23, 2015
Tan
"Nice clean hotel in a great location..."
It was more than what I expected for a beachside hotel.Front desk help was great and the room was very clean with a cold A.C...
2 night romance trip May 15, 2015
"Stay"
Don't have any complaints
2 night family trip May 22, 2015
Diana
The only reason we stayed is Expedia rated a four star. DONT STAY!
Other trip May 23, 2015
"Comfy hotel near beach and night life"
It was a wonderful room with great amenities! The breakfast, however, was less desirable. It was cereal or waffles. Great location!
Other trip May 18, 2015
Christine
"Nice Place..."
Awesome place. Hotels were $250+ down the strip but this one had a reasonable price and the rooms were huge. They came with a small kitchen and a fridge. With 3 kids the room was worth the price. The pool did have a lot of Clorox but overall I would recommend the hotel.
1 night family trip May 9, 2015
Jaime
"great"
great except no summing pool
2 night business trip May 6, 2015
JUAN M.
"Needs Some Work"
Staff is very nice but the hotel needs an upgrade. Beds were comfortable but we avoided the bathroom as much as possible. The worst part was that when I reached out to hotels.com for assistance, I got zero response.
2 night family trip Apr 8, 2015
"Super 8 Super!"
Great easy access to beach Clean & friendly would recommend 4 1/2 stars
4 night romance trip Apr 27, 2015
"My SPI stay at Super 8.."
Our stay was great probably just the fact that we had to wait in line for almost half an hour to get waffles. Maybe adding more machines to that would help.
1 night family trip May 2, 2015
"Great Stay!!"
Nice Hotel. Would definitely book here again.
1 night romance trip Apr 25, 2015
Irene
"not good"
smell humidity
1 night family trip Apr 24, 2015
"Vacation"
Over all it was a great stay I would recommend this for a week getaway. Free breakfast and free wifi. Hot tub was nice, they should make it feel a little more homey but overall it was a good experience.
5 night romance trip Apr 19, 2015
Christian
"It was good"
for the price is was a great experience, close to the beach, perfect place to stay.
Other trip Apr 25, 2015
Alex
"NO COMPLAINTS!"
Excellent accommodations and great location.
3 night family trip Apr 9, 2015
Raul
"Reasonably priced hotel"
The Super 8 on South Padre Island offers basic accommodations and breakfast. Nothing fancy....but clean and safe lodging.
Other trip Apr 13, 2015
Butlerkid
I had a room with no phone, bring food too cook and had no stove
Other trip Apr 10, 2015
No phone in the room I order a room on line that showed it had something to cook on, didn't have that I lost money for that I'm unhappy with expedia
Other trip Apr 8, 2015
"It was great for the Price"
No water pressure, and moldy shower head kind of messed it up a little, but past all that we had a fantastic stay! The bed was extremely comfortable! Loved the tile floors!
Other trip Apr 8, 2015
Desiree
"Dirty Pool"
Nice room only downfall was pool was super filthy
1 night family trip Apr 5, 2015
belinda
"I have no real issues"
Second time here and second time with a TV remote and refrigerator issue.Other than that its pretty good and comfy for the price. I'd recommend it for anybody.
Other trip Apr 2, 2015
"Disappointed."
Everything was stained, sheets, towels, comforter, pillows, ironing board, and the iron was coated in black gunk. The safe and icebox was rusted along the bottom. The comforter was uncomfortable. The bed was comfortable enough. They was many left over long hairs left around every where. They also started power cleaning at 9 am. Really? The breakfast was a disappointing as well cereal, toast, waffle, muffin (pkg), or cinnamon roll (pkg). They did have oranges but were not good.
Other trip Mar 27, 2015
"good location, affordable price"
I stayed at super 8, SPI for an extended spring break weekend. The hotel is located relatively in the middle of the island so it was easy to get around either direction. Rooms are poetry large and well kept, water pressure a little on the low side, but OK. The only gripe I have about the hotel is not enforcing any quiet time. Guests are pretty much allowed to play loud music and party at any time including 4 am in the morning even though they say you shouldn't. I called the lobby for an incident and nothing was done about it. Strictly enforce quiet hours and it would be an OK place to stay.
3 night trip with friends Mar 19, 2015
rhobor
"Spring Break"
The hotel was better than expected for price, was there for spring break and would definitely go back. This hotel will rent to students under the age of 21, a huge plus!
4 night trip with friends Mar 18, 2015
"Pretty close to the beach, we went by bus."
Went for spring break, breakfast was decent. Room was tiles not carpet. Staff was nice.
Other trip Mar 19, 2015
"Hotel Review"
Nice location of the hotel. Enjoyed the contenential breakfast they served. Love that they had security patrol all day!
Other trip Mar 13, 2015
"Beds to hard"
Not bad but beds are a bit to hard
1 night romance trip Mar 6, 2015
"worth the money"
close to the beach and restaurants...rooms were clean and have been recently updated. only complaint was we had to change rooms twice due to plumbing problems.
3 night family trip Oct 15, 2014
David P
"super 8 south padre"
Grear
2 night trip with friends Mar 5, 2015
"Super 8 was supperrrr!!"
We went to South Padre island for spending the Valentine's weekend. Super 8 is a value-for-money hotel located in a good neighborhood. There is a very good gift shop and an amazing Mexican food joint, Senor Donkey, just in front of the hotel. The bay is at a walking distance. Hotel has big rooms, warm hospitality and good breakfast.
2 night romance trip Feb 14, 2015
Prerna
"Very noisy when we arrived."
Had to get another room away from barking dog next door. Had to ask for a remote in each room . Breakfast is very limited...
Other trip Feb 4, 2015
kim
"Would not recommend. Staff attitude "oh well""
When we arrived in our room there were two rolls of toilet paper with less than a 1/4 left on each. The next day they never gave us room service because we had our "do not disturb" sign on the door until noon. I have never stayed in a hotel where you had to make the room available for room service prior to noon or you don't get it? The cleaning staff was cleaning the room just down the hall when we left our room and they saw us leave. When I asked the front desk they really could care less and offered that we come to the lobby to get towels. We also had to go scrounge for toilet paper! I am not a fussy person but the smell of mold in the bathroom was terrible.The breakfast always ran out of supplies because the staff was in the side room eating them all. There are two computers in the lobby but neither worked the whole time we were there. When I checked out they never even asked how our stay was, I think they know! Front desk workers not friendly or cordial at all. When I asked them for information they treated me like I was REALLY a bother and I didn't even ask them much. Unless you like being treated rudely I would not stay here.
Other trip Jan 3, 2015
Deb
"New Years stay"
Good breakfast, good service, good part of the strip.only complaint is towels a bit threadbare.
3 night family trip Dec 29, 2014
It was close to the beach and down the road from louies back yard. The room was clean and the staff was courteous
Other trip Jan 2, 2015
J
"Not bad for the price"
Beds were not so comfortable. ...would pay more and stay at better motel..It was just ok for the trip.
1 night romance trip Dec 26, 2014
"good stay on SPI"
Enjoyed our stay. Good service. Close to good eating places.
4 night romance trip Dec 22, 2014
Douglas
"Good Enough"
Good Location, affordable, room could have been cleaner and had a few minor issues, but did like my room with the kitchen. Staff was agreeable.
4 night trip Dec 17, 2014
"Nice hotel at South Padre Island."
We went in mid December for a Christmas gathering with coworkers, which we ended up not attending. My wife and I walked to the restaurant in front of the hotel and enjoyed a wonderful dinner and drinks at Senor Donkeys! Staff was friendly, prices were very reasonable, we forgot about the time. We had our fill of delicious food and drinks and enjoyed each others company. The next morning we enjoyed a warm breakfast at the motel, took a drive down the beach to see what had changed and headed home at check-out. December is so mellow, we plan on going again after the holidays.
Other trip Dec 23, 2014
"Great for the low price"
Paid a more than reasonable rate for the room. Pool was great and the staff was excellent! Clean hotel. Felt better than other resorts I've stayed at while visiting SPI.
Other trip Dec 15, 2014
"Great value!"
Great value. Lots of stuff nearby by like restaurants, bars, gift shops a convince store. QuickStart breakfast was better than most.
5 night romance trip Dec 6, 2014
"get away trip for two"
Had a great time. Good room and nice breakfast. Would go back
2 night romance trip Dec 9, 2014
HARLAN
"Weekend on SPI"
Nothing great, but a good room in a good location for the price. Staff was friendly. Good to have a micro and fridge. The 3.6 average rating seems very accurate to me. The stupid website here does not let you select a rating between 3 and 4 so I had to input a "3" for the overall rating.
Other trip Dec 9, 2014
"Great hotel for the price"
For the price, the hotel was great. The room was very large and clean. Nothing fancy. The continental breakfast is quite limited, and although they say they have HBO, the TVs are not switched over to digital so you cannot watch it. Perfect place for a quick get-a-way on a budget!
2 night romance trip Dec 5, 2014
Matthew
"not so nice"
Air conditioner did not work, bed was sandy, forgot to give us wash clothes the first day, door wash very hard to open due to defective lock, floor was dirty as well, at leas the front desk guy was helpful. I know it was a cheap rate, but I have stayed at a lot nicer places for about the same price
2 night family trip Dec 5, 2014