All hotels in Selmer, Tennessee, United States of America
You can collect Welcome Rewards® nights here644 Mulberry Ave, Selmer, TN, 38375, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"school trip"
Great beds
1 night romance trip Mar 14, 2015
"Good Small Town Hotel"
Decent hotel for an overnight stay. Room is clean. Standard hotel without chain hotel amenities. I would stay here again when in the area.
1 night business trip Mar 9, 2015
Bruce
"My dads death"
Was a good stay but tv did not work correctly and we were rushed every morning to get our room cleaned.
3 night family trip Mar 4, 2015
Derrick
"Nice TV"
Beds are really hard. Carpet needs cleaning, and lotion was half used, and someone else let drinks in ice box. But is the only Hotel to stay in Selmer Tn.
Other trip Jan 7, 2015
Tina
"Not America's Best"
A very basic, low cost, older motel on main road. The walls were VERY thin and sleep was difficult with a dog on one side and wild children on the other side of us. There are only two motels to choose from in Selmer. I'm just not sure this place lives up to its name - America's Best.
2 night family trip Dec 26, 2014
Bryan
"Worth the money"
Everything worked, the price was good. Very clean and good location. Would stay again for sure when I return. Can't blame the motel for the rain.
1 night trip Dec 28, 2014
"Clean, comfortable but with technical problems"
The hotel room was very clean and very comfortable. There were a few maintenance problems: the light above the sink would not work so the room was very dark and getting ready was an issue, the water in the shower only got a few degrees above lukewarm, the peephole in the door was broken and covered up with duct tape, and the locking mechanism on the door gave me problems all weekend (sometimes it would freeze in the lock position and I had to try several times to get it to open and once it froze in the unlock position and I couldn't get it to lock). Overall it is the best choice in Selmer and it could be a wonderful place to stay with some minor upkeep.
2 night trip Nov 14, 2014
"Great sleep better than I expected!"
Very hospitalable
1 night business trip Nov 14, 2014
Lawrence
"Nice location near highway and relative"
I was very surprised; I did not for the money expect such a pleasant experience. The motel room was decorated with newer furnishings and the bed linens and towels exceptionally nice.
Other trip Oct 30, 2014
Mary Ann
This hotel suited our needs and the rate was very reasonable. We had a non-smoking room but we were exposed to smokers all around us when we walked from our room to our vehicle. I wish there was a non-smoking section of the hotel. Maybe this is wishful thinking.
1 night trip Sep 28, 2014
Non-smokers for health reasons
"Good room for the money"
The room was clean and the breakfast was fair. We would stay again, if needed.
1 night family trip Sep 26, 2014
"Not the best!"
We stayed the night to go to Shiloh National Military Park the next day. About the only positive was the proximity to Shiloh. Our room smelled of baby powder, and not the cleanest. Other rooms seemed to be occupied by construction workers who stayed for more than one night. They were very noisy. Didn't bother with the complimentary breakfast. The price was cheap. You certainly get what you pay for! Don't think we'll return!
Other trip Jun 15, 2014
"Dishonest Owners"
Made reservation for 4 adults, double beds for $65. Got there and she charged me $85, saying there was a $10/person charge beyond two, even though the reservation was for four- didn't matter. What for "bait & switch" here. They are dishonest. What a shame.
Other trip Jun 8, 2014
Luke
"Good for the price"
This is definitely the best hotel in town and it is fine for the price. We stay here when visiting family. It beats staying in Corinth and having to drive 20 minutes.
1 night trip Sep 1, 2013
"America's Best Inn of Selmer, TN"
My family arrived at the hotel late in the evening. Somehow, our reservation was incorrect in their system & they tried to charge us for 2 nights rather than 1. They also did not have the roll away bed we reserved making our stay even more uncomfortable. This was frustrating after driving for 10 hours. We asked for extra towels, but had to get them ourselves. We were laughed at over the phone when we asked if someone could bring them to our room. Overall, it was an unpleasant experience.
1 night trip Mar 15, 2013
Meridith
"Good deal"
Motel offered what I hoped for: clean, comfortable room for a decent price. Breakfast was a bit of a joke, though...
1 night trip Oct 8, 2012
Oscar
1 night trip Sep 17, 2014
2 night family trip Jul 8, 2012

TripAdvisor reviews for America's Best Inn

"Great place to stay!"
03/27/15 danrbell Lumberton, Texas
Very clean, very easy access to wherever you need to go in the general area. Staff was extremely helpful. We arrived earlier than expected and were allowed to check in early...second stay here and both have been good experiences.
"Their absolutely the best hotel I've stayed in so far."
02/01/15 LisaPickens
The people who work there at the hotel take very good care of me every time I stay if I need anything they always get it for me or to me quick fast and In a hurry I would recommend this great hotel to any one that is looking for a great quality hotel😄😄
"Home Away From Home"
01/27/15 Deborah S Selmer, Tennessee
This was a wonderful place to stay. After a home fire, we stayed here for 2 months waiting for our home to be repaired. The staff was courteous, friendly, and very helpful. The rooms were clean and comfortable. They made us feel like family during a difficult time, they went above and beyond the call of duty. One night, the owner was even willing to drop everything and come hook-up a dvd player for us. This is a genuinely good establishment!
"The motel is refurbishing their rooms to make this a nice stop."
01/22/15 98502 OLYMPIA
The first room we were given was right next to a room that was gutted and was being refurbished. Beds were leaning up against the windows blocking our view and the parking space in front of our room was full of work supplies. I returned to the desk and told the lady that this was unacceptable and she began to argue that the workmen were done. I was appalled that she argued with me. But, I persisted and demanded another room. Reluctantly, the desk clerk gave me a room just four rooms down from the first. I was perplexed because there were only a couple of guests and we were all being confined near the room where the work was being done while there were dozens of other rooms down the building. The room we finally received seemed new enough with fresh paint and clean beds, but the smell was atrocious. It was the smell of carpet glue being masked with some sort of room deodorizer. There is not much of a breakfast room but they did have waffles and little chocolate and powdered donuts which seemed to delight one little girl. My suspicion is that they are working hard to refurbish this motel, one room at a time, but that they have only completed a precious few rooms. I rated this place average because they seem to be trying to make a comfortable stay for their guests, but it may take a while before the place truly deserves an average rating.
"Decent for the price"
12/09/14 N J Corinth, Mississippi
The room was clean and staff was courteous. The room had bit of residual smoke smell from once upon a time. Bed was comfortable. The breakfast is simple cereal,waffles,fruit...good for carb lovers:). Wasn't as bad as I thought for a small town.
"Clean, no frills"
11/16/14 JDS328 Orlando, Florida
I have stayed here prior when I was in town. It is clean and quiet, a good place to stay if you are in Selmer. They have a quick breakfast in the morning, and the staff has always been friendly and accommodating. Free Wi-Fi and breakfast.
"Clean and affordable"
10/09/14 Jamey B Stow, Ohio
Late night drop in. Well received. Free wifi, free breakfast. No noise and no issues. Owner investing in some upgrades so I'm sure it will be a good place to stay for years to come. Would stay there again when in the area.
"Just okay for a night's sleep, no T-Mobile cell service in this area"
09/17/14 costumegirl Alabama
I was just passing through this area and chose this hotel online. The hotel was old and dated, but fairly clean, and I guess a good bargain for the price. I had trouble getting my door to lock when I left the room. Desk clerk told me I had to lock it with the card key but I still couldn't get it to work. Fortunately, I was not leaving except for a few minutes. I did not eat breakfast there so cannot comment on that. Not the hotel's fault -- but if you have a T-Mobile cell phone, this town is a dead zone. Luckily, the hotel's Wi-Fi service was good so I could communicate with family, as I do when traveling as a single senior female.
"In Reach of Shiloh."
08/03/14 travellingman1352 Montego Bay, Jamaica
We were in the area to visit Shiloh Battlefield Park to pay our respects to the brave men who died there. This hotel is about 30 minutes driving time, on local roads, to the park. Selmer is a small rural Tennessee town and is convenient for such a visit. The room was clean and adequate to our needs. Breakfast of waffles, cereal, fruit and beverage was provided. It would have benefitted from the addition of bread or bagels, even if this meant eliminating something else. Rates are a little high for the region as similar hotels on the highway, such as Red Roof Inn are at least 25% less. Burger King is directly across the road and there is a Mexican and other restaurants in reach. We stayed 2 nights.
"Excellent Customer Service!"
07/28/14 Dirk T Nashville, Tennessee
Stayed 11 days this July while on assignment which kept me working very long hours on the days there. Reception was very friendly and courteous. Room was clean, the bed was most comfortable and sheets and towels were freshly laundered. Never a problem with parking and the room was well enough insulated that I had no sleep issues whatsoever. Minor plumbing problem - very slow hot water in the shower - was fixed immediately on report, with excellent follow up by the proprietor. The swimming pool looked inviting; however, my schedule this trip did not allow for time to try it out. In all, I would definitely to stay there again.