All hotels in Selmer, Tennessee, United States of America
644 Mulberry Ave, Selmer, TN, 38375, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Wonderful"
Great there for a wedding
2 night family trip Aug 14, 2015
tommy
"2nd Anniversary"
Relaxing. Pool was warm, though.
1 night romance trip Jul 19, 2015
friendly staff. clean & comfortable room.
1 night trip Jul 16, 2015
"Nice Place"
The motel was dated, but it was very clean and even had a microwave and fridge. The owner was very helpful and polite at check in. I would recommend to others.
1 night family trip Jun 12, 2015
"Nice option for a visit to Shiloh"
very pleasant, nice pool
2 night family trip Jun 14, 2015
Gordon
"Good motel...reasonably priced."
We were on a short vacation visiting Civil War Battlefields in the area. This motel is an older one...however rooms were clean and bed comfortable. Air-conditioning unit was a little too loud but it worked fine. We would stay here again. Management was very friendly and helpful.
2 night family trip May 11, 2015
"Excellent stay we give it a 5 out of 5"
Very clean motel in side and all around out side, staff very friendly no problems, price was good. Would like to have stayed longer but time was limited. Would recommend this hotel to all if in the area to go to.
1 night romance trip May 10, 2015
Dianne
I was visiting relatives and it was only ten minutes from their home, so the convience was nice.
Other trip Apr 6, 2015
"school trip"
Great beds
1 night romance trip Mar 14, 2015
"Good Small Town Hotel"
Decent hotel for an overnight stay. Room is clean. Standard hotel without chain hotel amenities. I would stay here again when in the area.
1 night business trip Mar 9, 2015
Bruce
"My dads death"
Was a good stay but tv did not work correctly and we were rushed every morning to get our room cleaned.
3 night family trip Mar 4, 2015
Derrick
"Nice TV"
Beds are really hard. Carpet needs cleaning, and lotion was half used, and someone else let drinks in ice box. But is the only Hotel to stay in Selmer Tn.
Other trip Jan 7, 2015
Tina
"Not America's Best"
A very basic, low cost, older motel on main road. The walls were VERY thin and sleep was difficult with a dog on one side and wild children on the other side of us. There are only two motels to choose from in Selmer. I'm just not sure this place lives up to its name - America's Best.
2 night family trip Dec 26, 2014
Bryan
"Worth the money"
Everything worked, the price was good. Very clean and good location. Would stay again for sure when I return. Can't blame the motel for the rain.
1 night trip Dec 28, 2014
"Clean, comfortable but with technical problems"
The hotel room was very clean and very comfortable. There were a few maintenance problems: the light above the sink would not work so the room was very dark and getting ready was an issue, the water in the shower only got a few degrees above lukewarm, the peephole in the door was broken and covered up with duct tape, and the locking mechanism on the door gave me problems all weekend (sometimes it would freeze in the lock position and I had to try several times to get it to open and once it froze in the unlock position and I couldn't get it to lock). Overall it is the best choice in Selmer and it could be a wonderful place to stay with some minor upkeep.
2 night trip Nov 14, 2014
"Great sleep better than I expected!"
Very hospitalable
1 night business trip Nov 14, 2014
Lawrence
"Nice location near highway and relative"
I was very surprised; I did not for the money expect such a pleasant experience. The motel room was decorated with newer furnishings and the bed linens and towels exceptionally nice.
Other trip Oct 30, 2014
Mary Ann
This hotel suited our needs and the rate was very reasonable. We had a non-smoking room but we were exposed to smokers all around us when we walked from our room to our vehicle. I wish there was a non-smoking section of the hotel. Maybe this is wishful thinking.
1 night trip Sep 28, 2014
Non-smokers for health reasons
"Good room for the money"
The room was clean and the breakfast was fair. We would stay again, if needed.
1 night family trip Sep 26, 2014
"Not the best!"
We stayed the night to go to Shiloh National Military Park the next day. About the only positive was the proximity to Shiloh. Our room smelled of baby powder, and not the cleanest. Other rooms seemed to be occupied by construction workers who stayed for more than one night. They were very noisy. Didn't bother with the complimentary breakfast. The price was cheap. You certainly get what you pay for! Don't think we'll return!
Other trip Jun 15, 2014
"Dishonest Owners"
Made reservation for 4 adults, double beds for $65. Got there and she charged me $85, saying there was a $10/person charge beyond two, even though the reservation was for four- didn't matter. What for "bait & switch" here. They are dishonest. What a shame.
Other trip Jun 8, 2014
Luke
Good
Other trip Nov 27, 2013
"Clean and comfortable"
You're not getting the Hyatt at this price but the room was clean and the bed comfortable. The view of the industrial plant next door and the traffic noise were unpleasant, but not intolerable. The continental breakfast was meager, but for this price, if you just need a inexpensive place to sleep, then it fits the bill at a reasonable price.
Other trip Oct 13, 2013
"Good for the price"
This is definitely the best hotel in town and it is fine for the price. We stay here when visiting family. It beats staying in Corinth and having to drive 20 minutes.
1 night trip Sep 1, 2013
"Hotel"
The Hotel was clean and was for the most part reasonable comfortable. The Continental Breakfast was nothing to write about, was minimal, and not hot except for the coffee. The pool was not open. The only other problem was the hot water which took ten minutes to come on in the room or in the tub.
Other trip Apr 8, 2013
"America's Best Inn of Selmer, TN"
My family arrived at the hotel late in the evening. Somehow, our reservation was incorrect in their system & they tried to charge us for 2 nights rather than 1. They also did not have the roll away bed we reserved making our stay even more uncomfortable. This was frustrating after driving for 10 hours. We asked for extra towels, but had to get them ourselves. We were laughed at over the phone when we asked if someone could bring them to our room. Overall, it was an unpleasant experience.
1 night trip Mar 15, 2013
Meridith
"Good deal"
Motel offered what I hoped for: clean, comfortable room for a decent price. Breakfast was a bit of a joke, though...
1 night trip Oct 8, 2012
Oscar

"My two cents."
Clean quiet and close to many local stores and day trips. Will be returning again.
5 night trip with friends Jul 27, 2015
1 night romance trip May 23, 2015
1 night business trip Apr 22, 2015
1 night trip Sep 17, 2014

TripAdvisor reviews for America's Best Inn

"Restful pitstop!"
07/10/15 Shirlee R Tulsa, Oklahoma
We had a great time here-restful-left my pjs-lol-pool was great for our grandsons. Host was very help-pretty close to everything you need. The bathroom looked new. It is so nice to have a clean bath for a change. It was all VERY clean & will stay again on our next trip to NC.
"Don't leave your stuff, while out having breakfast"
06/20/15 jenlovnbill
Clean place, but went to go have breakfast at 8am, came back at 9am & our door was hanging wide open with all of our stuff showing, husbands expensive guitar open, beds already stripped. ....very upset👿
"Patti & Bill"
06/18/15 Patti M
Visiting Shiloh Battlefield with the 4 grand boys and daughter. Price was great for two rooms, friendly and clean. Pool is small but clean. Breakfast is typical for free. Approximately 20 minutes from Shiloh. Some fast food in Selmer, we found one locally owned Home Town Pizza, friendly and good food, serve more than pizza.
"Great, clean place to stay"
05/26/15 Lainie P Windsor, Colorado, United States
I am very impressed with this hotel. I was concerned because another travel website only had 2 ratings but hey, it was cheap so why not try it? King size bed, free breakfast (although very minimal - cereal, waffles), free wi fi and a pool that looks lovely and clean, albeit small for a great price. Very clean room, super late check - in due to a delayed flight (they called me to make sure I was still coming), very nice employees.
"Great place to stay!"
03/27/15 danrbell Lumberton, Texas
Very clean, very easy access to wherever you need to go in the general area. Staff was extremely helpful. We arrived earlier than expected and were allowed to check in early...second stay here and both have been good experiences.
"Their absolutely the best hotel I've stayed in so far."
02/01/15 LisaPickens
The people who work there at the hotel take very good care of me every time I stay if I need anything they always get it for me or to me quick fast and In a hurry I would recommend this great hotel to any one that is looking for a great quality hotel😄😄
"Home Away From Home"
01/27/15 Deborah S Selmer, Tennessee
This was a wonderful place to stay. After a home fire, we stayed here for 2 months waiting for our home to be repaired. The staff was courteous, friendly, and very helpful. The rooms were clean and comfortable. They made us feel like family during a difficult time, they went above and beyond the call of duty. One night, the owner was even willing to drop everything and come hook-up a dvd player for us. This is a genuinely good establishment!
"The motel is refurbishing their rooms to make this a nice stop."
01/22/15 98502 OLYMPIA
The first room we were given was right next to a room that was gutted and was being refurbished. Beds were leaning up against the windows blocking our view and the parking space in front of our room was full of work supplies. I returned to the desk and told the lady that this was unacceptable and she began to argue that the workmen were done. I was appalled that she argued with me. But, I persisted and demanded another room. Reluctantly, the desk clerk gave me a room just four rooms down from the first. I was perplexed because there were only a couple of guests and we were all being confined near the room where the work was being done while there were dozens of other rooms down the building. The room we finally received seemed new enough with fresh paint and clean beds, but the smell was atrocious. It was the smell of carpet glue being masked with some sort of room deodorizer. There is not much of a breakfast room but they did have waffles and little chocolate and powdered donuts which seemed to delight one little girl. My suspicion is that they are working hard to refurbish this motel, one room at a time, but that they have only completed a precious few rooms. I rated this place average because they seem to be trying to make a comfortable stay for their guests, but it may take a while before the place truly deserves an average rating.
"Decent for the price"
12/09/14 N J Corinth, Mississippi
The room was clean and staff was courteous. The room had bit of residual smoke smell from once upon a time. Bed was comfortable. The breakfast is simple cereal,waffles,fruit...good for carb lovers:). Wasn't as bad as I thought for a small town.
"Clean, no frills"
11/16/14 JDS328 Orlando, Florida
I have stayed here prior when I was in town. It is clean and quiet, a good place to stay if you are in Selmer. They have a quick breakfast in the morning, and the staff has always been friendly and accommodating. Free Wi-Fi and breakfast.