All hotels in Watertown, Massachusetts, United States of America
100 N Beacon St, Watertown, MA, 02472, United States of America, ‏‎855-238-1592

2.9
"One day getaway in the Boston Area"
The breakfast was reasonable. Coffee, apple & orange juice, waffles, toast, cereal, yogurt and packaged small cinnamon rolls. Didn't care for the bathroom. It had no shelves to put toiletries on, and the faucet in the sink was loose so there was water around the sink each time it was used. There was an underground parking garage though we couldn't find the entrance till after we parked in the small hotel lot because of the high amount of traffic and it being dark out. The doors and walls of the hotel didn't keep out noise from other guests.
1 night romance trip Nov 3, 2014
"Fits on the bill but not recommended otherwise"
I was in Boston for a meeting and wanted to be close to the Cambridge area. The first impression of the hotel was not good. The cars in parking lot were extremely dirty and damaged. When I went up the front desk, I was given a form and was asked to fill in my rental car details. I went back to the parking lot to fill in the details. In the mean time, the pen left ink all over my hands. I was then given a room in the basement. Though it was a non smoking room, I could smell the stale smell coming out of it as soon as I opened the door. The room was not ventilated. There was a water cooler next to my room in the corridor space, which made annoying sound as the compressor in it turned on and off. The breakfast was included, but the toaster burned my breads. I saw everyone scratching their toasted bread to remove the burnt portion.
1 night business trip Nov 3, 2014
Rishi
Standard hotel, Clean, good breakfast, would use again.
Other trip Nov 3, 2014
"Satisfactory"
The room was satisfactory. I am going up again to Boston and I am not staying there again.
1 night family trip Oct 26, 2014
"It is what it is."
All other hotels in the area were more than double the price. I knew what I was getting and it served its purpose. Staff was good. Hotel condition was not great, but I'd stay again.
2 night family trip Oct 21, 2014
"Great economy"
Great economy w easy transport to Harvard square. Just fine unless yr picky
2 night trip Oct 24, 2014
R
"Not too clean, noisy, smallest bathroom ever!"
The room was right in front of the door to the outside, with a VERY noisy door; we could hear EVERYTHING from outside: the traffic, people entering/exiting the building; the people in the next room. The placement of the bed was right in front of the door -- which had a gap at the bottom -- so the light from outside was evident and the noise was a constant. We were very tired and the people in the next room were very noisy until late in the evening. The bathroom was the smallest I've ever seen, the toilet was right next to the wall and door (so very awkward), no fan, so it provided absolutely NO PRIVACY. The only way to turn the lamp on/off was by plugging/unplugging it. There was no place to put our luggage and I don't like to put it on the floor as (certainly at this motel) you couldn't tell if it was even clean -- it could have been better vacuumed, to say the least. I would not stay here ever again, and would not recommend it to anyone; the hotel I stayed in last year during Family Weekend (for colleges) will be my choice. The cost of the room was way OVER what I got.
Other trip Oct 27, 2014
Marj
"Needs renovation and management adjustment"
Needs renovation, they do the best they can do in these conditions
1 night family trip Oct 15, 2014
"Avoid"
The first room they put us in was absolutely filthy with debris and dirt on the floor, dirty towels in the bathroom, a broken lamp, and stained sheets. When we told the front desk employee about the situation and asked to change rooms he shrugged and told us to go find the maid and tell her to clean it because it wasn't his problem. We finally persuaded him to give us a new room, which is asanine we had to argue with him. The new room was only slightly better. The walls are paper thin, the floors creak and shake. This place is a complete dump.
2 night trip with friends Oct 11, 2014
"You get what you pay for."
Cheapest hotel around, but room smelled like mold and other gross things. Toilet didn't flush properly. Left the hotel smelling gross and not very rested!
Other trip Oct 20, 2014
East Coast Trav
"Clean, adequate"
We were only there for 7 hours total for a quick sleep, but the room was clean and well kempt. I would recommend it if youre looking for someolace cheap to just crash and fet a quick sleep on your way through.
1 night business trip Oct 16, 2014
Chad
We have stayed in a lot of Super 8's and found this one disappointing. We stayed one night to catch an early flight the next morning. It was not maintained well at all. We cannot comment on the breakfast because we had to leave before service began.
1 night trip Oct 10, 2014
"Shades of Good Will Hunting"
The most positive thing we can say is, that at least the linens were clean. Our stay on 10/7 found us with a bathroom with peeling paint on the walls. Cannot recommend this hotel.
Other trip Oct 12, 2014
mimi
"Super 8 Okay in a Pinch"
Good value relative to the reasonable rates and location. Fine for overnight business trip, but it could use some spiffing up. Reasonably quite and comfortable. Staff was friendly.
1 night business trip Oct 8, 2014
Stephen
"Cheapest hotel in the nearby area, but..."
This hotel might be more affordable, but the location is questionable and the staff was very unfriendly and unenthusiastic. The building and room seem a bit run down and the cleanliness is questionable. I booked this hotel because it was the cheapest in the area.
Other trip Oct 2, 2014
"Clean and cheap."
This is a no frills motel with free WiFi and free parking. The rooms are clean and adequate. Not the Ritz but who expects it at these prices. The staff were nice and helpful. My husband is handicapped and the staff were very helpful with getting us a handicapped room. I would stay here again. It met our needs.
Other trip Oct 1, 2014
"Use the express bus and it's 20 minutes to Boston!"
A nice suburban option to Boston visitors who don't mind walking 5 minutes to take a 15 minute bus ride downtown and save big bucks! The breakfast was simple, but enough and the room and Wi-Fi were very nice. Slept like rocks (after several walking miles in historic Boston).
2 night trip Sep 12, 2014
Bob T
"Did not honor request..."
Requested first floor and made reservations long in advance. Disappointed to find out that motel had no direct access to rooms except main door and in olur case up stairs and almost to the end of hall. We used a back door that was always locked but at least could go out. Set up with key entry..... Also never stated that pets not allowed and I put that blame on Expedia as it was never highlighted when making reservations...
Other trip Sep 18, 2014
Chaztuna
"YUCK!"
OK....I realize I'm a bargain hunter, but come on! How about taking the time to actually clean the hallway carpet...and the room carpet?! I haven't been this grossed out by a hotel in a very long time...sorry to say, but YUCK-O!
1 night trip Sep 9, 2014
"good"
nice play to stay; bit far from the airport!
1 night trip Aug 19, 2014
"THE HOTEL HAS BIG PARK ROOM, AND CLEAN LIVING ROOM"
THE WIFI SHOULD BEEN IMPROVED, THE OTHERS THING IS VERY GOOD
Other trip Aug 21, 2014
GANGLING
"Terrible Stay"
The room was nasty, especially the carpet. There was a distinctly nasty odor in the room and bathroom. The toilet bowl didn't flush. A towel left from previous customer on the back of bathroom door. Ice machine was broken. Parking was small. Would not recommend this motel at all.
1 night family trip Aug 13, 2014
Bad. Really Bad. Room didn't seem like it had been cleaned at all, everything about it was below expectation, and the place was just terrible.
Other trip Aug 19, 2014
"Get-by motel"
We got by staying at this hotel for the purpose of our visit. Wifi in the room did not work, ice machine in the hotel was broken.
2 night family trip Aug 12, 2014
RD Critical traveler
"close to not staying again"
hotel personnel was rude and more interested on disrespecting me as a customer. knowledge of their tittle questionable, they answered lot of ( I do not know you will have ask hotels.com for answers ) did not see a thing to impress me or for me to said anything positive about this super 8. Every smoker smoke in the parking lot where I can smell it in the room. not impressive when they claim a not smoking hotel.
1 night trip Aug 9, 2014
disapointed customer
"only onething good is its location"
hotel location is good accessibility to downtown is nice that is all room is dirty all facility need maintenance
Other trip Aug 9, 2014
Just out of necessity I would stay in this hotel again. It doesn´t offer a basic service as it is internet today for customers, amog others.
Other trip Aug 2, 2014
"dilapidated"
We chose this hotel because hotels in the Boston area were extremely expensive. Still this hotel cost double any other hotel on our two week vacation. The ice machine was broken. We were given a room with one King size bed (for 3 people) rather than the two queens we booked. The hallway smelled of smoke. It was terrible. Worst hotel of the trip.
1 night trip Jul 22, 2014
Bert
Pretty easy access to Boston without the cost!
3 night trip Jul 18, 2014
Location is great, take the bus from Watertown to get you to Harvard square/the red line. The rooms are clean....but not spotless or immaculate. the complimentery breakfast is pretty solid, but you wont find an specialty omelettes or lattes here. You get what you pay for, and staying here costs much less than staying in downtown Boston. This hotel is good in my book. Save $$ on a hotel so you can spend it on something amazing in the city.
3 night trip Jul 12, 2014
"Do NOT stay here!"
This place is a dump. It reeks of cleaning chemicals, as if they've just cleaned up a crime scene, all day every day. Our room was "downstairs," which means in the basement. The bathroom door didn't have a closing mechanism in the knob, so the door didn't actually shut. The blinds don't lower enough to block out the street lamps just outside the windows at night, so we had to stuff a blanket in the window to block out the light. The t.v. picture is aligned incorrectly, so heads were cut off on most shows. This dump was worth less than half of what we paid.
Other trip Jul 14, 2014
"Terrible Stay"
Didn't stay at the hotel. Had to find a new one.
2 night trip Jun 25, 2014
The hotel was ok. It was cheaper than others around that area that is why I chose it.
Other trip Jul 10, 2014
Lynne
"College visit"
Generally, all things considered......price, location, quality, etc.....the hotel met my needs and expectations. The (free) morning breakfast was an added benefit.
1 night trip Jun 26, 2014
Cleaning staff do not speak or write English. Left a sign on the door to expedite clean room and it was misunderstood as do not disturb... Oh well!!!
Other trip Jun 18, 2014
"Closest Hotel to where my daughter lives"
Staff wasn't too friendly. Need outlets in the bathrooms to put night lights.
Other trip Jun 16, 2014
"Good location - get what you pay for."
Understanding staff of some special needs, but no elevator or ramps. Tasty breakfast! Efficient. Good location to services, great restaurants. Easy access to downtown Boston. Musty a/c.
Other trip Jun 14, 2014
ingrid
"Noisy location"
The room itself was clean and okay. The hotel is situated in the middle of two main streets. All night long, it sounded like cars were going to crash in the room. Too noisy for me and I was exhausted:(
1 night trip Jun 8, 2014
alice d
"Very close to Brookline"
Hotel Location
1 night trip Jun 4, 2014
Stefano
Great value for the money! Truly.
Other trip May 30, 2014
"Did the job"
The motel was conveniently located to my destination. Continental breakfast was good and served its purpose. showed up late to breakfast and staff allowed for us to eat passed the time. Rooms are clean, but could be better. Service personnel were very pleasant and ready to assist. Cheapest motel in Boston. You get what you pay for.
3 night trip May 22, 2014
V. Sal
"Getting less than what you pay for"
Room is accessed from the lobby. Lobby is very noisy and the 1" space under door allows much noise to be heard. Remote did not control TV volume and was missing battery cover. Credit card charged when room was reserved......Was given a bill at checkout even though room was paid for when reserved.
1 night trip May 18, 2014
"Watertown Super 8"
I was looking for price. Super 8 was only affordable in my budget
1 night business trip May 13, 2014
"My Stay"
The location was perfect for what I needed and that is about all the positive statements I have to offer. There was no night table with light, the bedding was old, the lock on the door was not much, the windows on the ground floor could be a wonderful invitation for an unwanted guest and on and on. I did not feel safe nor did I feel clean. The staff did not appear to like their job and did not even pretend about that.
Other trip May 14, 2014
"You get what you pay for"
Overall, the hotel itself is OK, but the rooms could be cleaner. Do not walk barefoot on the carpet or in the bathroom, and don't expect peace & quiet.This could be a great little hotel if the owners would invest in a few upgrades and maintenance.
Other trip Apr 30, 2014
"Did not expect the Ritz"
We had expected an inexpensive hotel that just was a bed and possible breakfast. It was that. The more lights we turned on through the more dirt we could see. There were stains on all linens, dust on the head boards and something sticky on the night stand. We are not picky but this was beyond even our ability to overlook.
Other trip Apr 17, 2014
"Good basic lodging"
This Super 8 provided good, well maintained rooms at a relative bargain price. It is a two or three block walk to the bus to Harvard Square and closer to the bus to Central Square. It you can't spend hundreds of dollars a night for a place close to MIT or Harvard, this is a good alternative.
2 night business trip Apr 9, 2014
Cait
"Inexpensive near Boston, but needs to be updated"
Staff was helpful, but the rooms are old and not in good repair. Sink base was wrapped in masking tape. No fan in bathroom - mildew was visible on ceiling above bathtub. Walls had been recently painted, but not repaired. Room seemed to be clean enough. Nothing is handicapped accessible, no elevator, bathroom door very narrow. Site is close to public bus transportation, so we were able to use bus to get to Fenway Park. This was the reason for choosing this hotel, also we did not want to spend a lot just to see a few games at Fenway. If you are just looking for a cheap place to sleep near Boston and you aren't too fussy, this will work.
Other trip Apr 13, 2014
This place was awful. Dirty, holes in the walls. The sink was leaking. I was told to put a bucket under it. Never mind the puddles on the floor. The desk clerk couldn't get herself away from her cell phone. The only good thing is the manager did not charge me for the room and our 5 minute stay. Lesson learned. Stay away from Super 8s Motels.
1 night trip Apr 2, 2014
"Kind of Disappointing"
This hotel is in a decent suburb of Boston and could have a lot of promise, but the evening staff barely want to do their jobs, and the advertised wifi was down. If the staff had mentioned this I could have gone to Panera for tea and wifi before getting into my pajamas. When I called the desk to ask about this, no one answered-probably because she know I was calling about the wifi. And then even thought the hotel was not crowed I got a room in a noisy location and could not sleep. I will not stay here again.
Other trip Mar 30, 2014