All hotels in Marshall, Texas, United States of America
6002 E End Blvd S, Marshall, TX, 75672, United States of America, ‏‎855-238-1592

Clean
    Comfortable
    Room is not nice
    Bad breakfast
"Updates needed."
Staff was nice/friendly. Older hotel and it shows. Definitely needs to be updated as most of the furniture is worn and has seen better days (circa 1980s). Overall it was clean and okay for an overnight stay.
1 night business trip Nov 21, 2015
Kenneth
"Good stop for an inexpensive night"
We were en-route from Chicago to Corpus Christi and it was a second night stop. It was comfortable, clean. What more can you ask? The carpet was stained, BUT clean. The chair was broken, but we made do on the couch. The breakfast was meager, but thats all I need when on the road.. Hey, its an inexpensive night.
Other trip Aug 28, 2015
"Horrible ROOM"
Worst room ever. Door wouldn't open. When I forced it open (every time) The smoke overtook my family. WE DON"T SMOKE. I asked for two blankets, it was cold no blankets. Asked for a pillow no pillows in the building. Smallest rest room ever. No toilet paper holder. Not enough towels. NO SERVICE. Will never stay in another Super 8. Would like my money back. Was so unconfortable I sleep in my car for 5 hours. 1/2 Star. Please take them off your list.
1 night family trip Jul 4, 2015
Rodney
"Will not stay there again......."
Clean room. Children swimming in pool at 11:00 pm. Went to the Valero next door and there were homeless people sleeping around the building asking for money.
1 night family trip Jul 3, 2015
Priscilla
"Good Price"
A comfortable place to spend a couple of days at a reasonable price.
2 night trip Jun 30, 2015
scott
"Nice basic motel"
Nice basic motel, very clean and neat, modest breakfast.
Response by Super 8 Marshall Tx
Thank you for staying with us. Appreciate your business.
1 night business trip Jun 12, 2015
"Great service"
Best service I've ever had. The front desk workers were helpful and very friendly.
Response by Super 8 Marshall Tx
Thanks for staying with us.
1 night trip May 24, 2015
"Simple and clean"
Really nice staff! Room was clean and linens fresh. Only complaint is very poor bathtub drainage, and the light over the vanity didn't work all the time. I believe there is a short in the light switch.
Response by Super 8 Marshall Tx
Thanks for staying with us. Also we appreciate your comments and feedback as it helps us improve and make a pleasant stay.
6 night trip May 4, 2015
"Good stay for the price"
Good hotel stay. Selected Super 8 because we've always been pleased with them in our past travels. Not many amenities, but we were only there overnight. It was clean, quiet and comfortable. In-room single coffee maker, hair dryer, small frige and microwave along with flat screen TV. Only negative was their lumpy pillows, but the beds were very good.
Response by Super 8 Marshall Tx
Thanks for staying with us. We like to you see you next time your around in our neck of the woods.
1 night family trip Feb 5, 2015
Diana
"Basic"
Just very, very average. Breakfast was extremely basic.
1 night romance trip Jan 12, 2015
"Decent stay for a good price"
Adequate, but unremarkable. Few electrical outlets for charging devices, sink and shower drains ran slow, and pretty out-dated (in need of a remodel). However, the price was right and it was perfectly fine for a brief, overnight stay. I'd stay here again if I were passing through.
1 night business trip Jan 11, 2015
Errol
"Not a Good Experience"
I booked this room for my adult daughter and 2 children. The environment and experience was so poor that she left the hotel after checking in and went to a different hotel to stay the night. Additionally, she did not feel safe.
Other trip Jan 3, 2015
"Stay At Super 8 in Marshall, Tx."
The room had light bulbs missing. When we ask at the front desk for bulbs to replace the ones that were out, he told us he had no light bulbs.
1 night trip with friends Oct 25, 2014
Ann R.
"Will stay again"
Our room was clean & nice. The room has a microwave and small fridge which are nice accommodations & a light breakfast was available. We will stay again the next time we are in Marshall.
2 night trip Jul 4, 2014
mooregl
"Good only for a stop over"
No coffee pots in rooms. No hair dryers. Carpet moldy and smelly. Breakfast was really nonexistent.
Other trip Jun 8, 2014
roger
"Not bad for the money..."
It wasn't somewhere I would choose if I were looking for a relaxing vacation. However, I was there for a one night stay the day before my daughter's college graduation and it was very satisfactory. The staff was nice and the rooms were more than adequate. Thanks
1 night trip May 2, 2014
Kimberly
"Bad hotel"
Not happy with this hotel. Did not get the room we paid for. Toilet was wobbly. Sink was dirty. Will never stay here again.
1 night trip May 2, 2014
"Acceptable for the price"
This was a comfortable cheap place to stay. Nothing fancy but it met the minimum standards expected from an older, refurbished hotel. I would only recommend it if you can get a good deal on it.
Other trip May 6, 2014
Brenda
Stayed 2 nights. The hotel is right off of the highway and easy to find, rooms were very clean and desk staff was friendly and helpful.
2 night business trip Mar 14, 2014
Really enjoyed my stay there. Very comfortable and Reasonable prices. Would Recommend to Anybody
Other trip Mar 30, 2014
decent place to
"THE GOOD THE BAD THE UGLY"
The Good: The staff at check in were helpful, the location was good. The BAD: where do I start, not to clean, the mattress was from the 60's and well used. THE UGLY: The only thing thinner then the walls were the towels and sheets needs some updating for sure. 5:17 AM the trucks start and run for half hour while the driver go eat the so called breakfast. Oh did I mention the noise from the traffic on the roads.
1 night trip Mar 7, 2014
F & J
"Clean and comfortable"
This hotel is proof that a decent hotel doesn't have to cost $100. Hot water to shower, warm air from the heater, comfortable bed. The only complaint I have is that the sheets were getting a wee bit threadbear. Other than this, it was a perfectly fine hotel room to catch some shut-eye in.
1 night trip Jan 15, 2014
jeff
"Noisy"
There were a lot of construction vehicles with their motors running and a lot of people outside drinking beer and making a lot of noise. Didn't get much sleep.
1 night business trip Dec 26, 2013
"Good Value and Accomodation"
The motel is located a quarter mile off the interstate, avoiding that traffic noise. State route 59 runs along the hotel, with most rooms facing along (not toward) that road, or are further removed. Warm & friendly greeting by desk staff, gave me #201, which has additional noise protection behind the roof of the guest house. Clean king room, recently refurnished and updated. Nice bath/shower and counter, comfortable bed, small fridge and microwave. Wall mounted TV does not swivel. Quiet night. Most guests seem to be construction or oil trade employees with large P/U trucks - who idle for a while in the morning before taking off. Breakfast is minimal choices Styrofoam style. Grab a cup of coffee and a Danish and get a real breakfast down the road. Can't complain though, great price with AAA discount. Explore old-town Marshall, Caddo Lake and historic Jefferson nearby.
2 night trip Nov 1, 2013
Herman The German
"Have seen better Super 8's for the money."
All the lights were unplugged in the room, so I had to go around to plug them in before we could turn on a light. The air was off, and the room was really warm, even though it was after 9:30pm when we arrived. There was a spider in my dads bed. The freezer had not been defrosted in I don't know how long, it was full of ice buildup, I was able to squeeze some of our ice packs into it, but not all. We did report the ice build up in the freezer, but forgot to mention the spider in the bed. Breakfast area was very small, only 4 tables with seating for 2 people each. Coffee in the thermos was cold at breakfast, but there was hot coffee in the coffee pot. Hotel and rooms need updated.
1 night business trip Aug 27, 2013
Jamie
"very convenient"
very good
1 night business trip Aug 4, 2013
Only problem was the remote control did not work. Staff replaced it and the new one worked. Otherwise motel was what you would expect for this type of motel.
1 night trip May 25, 2013
"Nice hotel, great locatuon"
Very nice hotel for the price. Could not beat the price. Great location.
Other trip May 28, 2013
1 night trip May 30, 2013
Other trip Apr 18, 2013
A. D

TripAdvisor reviews for Super 8 Marshall

"courteous and prompt check-in and very clean room. Quiet..."
10/08/15 J6816HCrichardm de kalb, texas
courteous and prompt check-in and very clean room. Quiet throughout the night and a feeling of safety was evident. Recommend this motel to any traveler....
"A work in progress"
09/22/15 Janice B Karnack, Texas
I have stayed several times at this Super 8, the first time on Sept 4&5 for family Reunion, excellent customer service by Reena, had trouble with TV, sent someone down to fix right away, ask for extra pillow, no problem, breakfast was fresh and standard not fancy...they do need to get the waffle iron for fresh waffles would be better. I didn't but online so I gave her my Wyndham Rewards number to add my points. I booked this visit online Sept 18,2015 but when I checked in they did not have the King bed that is reserved, they did not offer me anything other than a downgrade to a queen, no discount off room, and my points from last visit still was not showing on my account, the clerks could not add them either only management, which happened to be out of town for the weekend. Then I ask for another pillow, was told not one in the whole hotel, (the older clerk was having a bad day, family issues she told me) I explained that I could not do the upstairs and that I book a king online and the price needed to be adjusted states she could not do that and was not get in trouble with her boss. So the next morning we and ask another clerk about the points so I could stay another night he still could not add or call the manager so they could add or contact manager so she could so I could stay another night with my points. It took me 3wks after my stay to get my points from this hotel was not happy. The maid knocked on the door at 10am and check out is not until 11am. that was so rude,..as I was getting in the car several other quest was complaining as well about the maid... common courtesy to allow your quest at least 10 minutes to check and make sure they don't leave anything before they know on the door, I left my body wash and cosmetic bag, the maid did bring to the car. if she wasn't rushing us out then I wouldn't have left it in the first place.
"So-so"
08/13/15 Saraike
Stayed here on points on way back from vacation. Okay but room AC not so great. Bathroom was mysteriously warm and dated. Toilet flusher was broken. We were offered a different room but after 9 hours of driving with two kids under 5 and getting all of our stuff in room we were to exhausted. But adequate for a cheap quick stay.
"Very friendly and helpful front desk clerk. Room clean and..."
08/06/15 O124TIlisas Marshall, Texas
Very friendly and helpful front desk clerk. Room clean and tidy. Carpet, walls, linens fresh and updated.
"DECEPTIVE"
06/30/15 Gene M Louisiana
I saw a 3+ rating of this hotel when I was looking into some Wyndham properties in Marshall. Thus, I booked a stay here. In short, I was very disappointed. Here's a brief summary: The door has obviously been repaired where it seems like it's been broken into in the past. The room has a musty smell. The bed itself is comfortable, but beware of beds with no blankets. The bedcover is your blanket here, which gave me the "itches" all night. Lift the bed covers and you will see the "homemade" unfinished wood and plywood bases which it sits on. The pillows are "lumpy". AC is good but look closely. The vents are full of dustballs and moldy looking material. The carpet has "waves" all over where older people may trip on. The sink area is fairly clean but the sink does not drain well. The toilet is clean enough, but look at the bathroom walls well. You will see stains and yellowish looking streaks. Look at the corners of the bathroom walls and you will not go barefoot. The shower is weak and the shower stalls have dark stains. Your first encounter in this property is a recpetionist who does not smile. No personality whatsoever and very "short". Discourages you from asking questions. The only good thing I experienced with this property is that I learned to NEVER stay here again.
"Great value"
06/19/15 Jennifer_in_TX Harlingen, Texas
My parents had stayed at this motel before and so when my mother and I traveled recently we decided to stop here for the night as well. The lady who checked us in was nice and helpful when we needed a few extra pillows and blankets (my mom has back problems and has to sleep propped up). The room was clean and everything worked fine. The bed was very comfortable at first but my back was a little achy the next morning. Breakfast was cereal, fruit and pastires but that was fine. For what we needed (a simple place to rest and sleep a few hours in the middle of the road trip) it was perfectly fine and a great value when compared to other hotels in the area. I would stay here again for that reason.
"Large room, comfy bed; b'fast and desk clerk so so"
06/03/15 Annie B Littleton, Colorado
Stayed there for one night as we drove through Texas; have stayed at a number of other Super 8 locations in the south over the last 6 weeks on vacation and this one was the 2nd nicest in terms of the size of the room, the amount and condition of the furniture, etc - a stark contrast to so many other Super 8 locations, we thought. The breakfast, in contrast, was sub par: margarine, not butter; watery OJ: itty bitty mini cinnamon rolls, only 2 wafffles out, etc.Sure wish too the night desk clerk was friendlier and had some idea of guest service - even a smile and a 'Welcome" would be in order.
"Horrible do not stay"
01/24/15 Wanda P Wills Point, Texas
Hubby went up to office and made a complaint about our bed having dirty sheets and that we wanted a king size bed not queen and the man was being rude to my husband so he told him he wanted money back we was leaving going to another hotel he then replied it against our policy to give it back basic lyrics he was trying to force us to stay in a dirty bed.
"very pleased!"
09/05/14 jerimiah d Charlotte, North Carolina
My husband and I were just passing through and we were ready to rest and get back on the road early next morning. This hotel was the first hotel coming on 59 S from Houston very conveniant getting in and out of the hotel. The front desk was very friendly, the gentalman gave us directions to couple of resturants and that was very helpful. The rooms were very clean and newly remodled. Breakfast was great too. We had a wonderful experience.
"I enjoyed my stay and will stay here again.I was impressed..."
08/28/14 Ronald H Gilmer, Texas
I enjoyed my stay and will stay here again.I was impressed by the cleanliness of the room and how comfortable and homey it is.The manager was very courteous and helpful.