All hotels in Calgary, Alberta, Canada
3030 Barlow Tr NE1/4 Mile N of Trans Canada, CalgaryABAB T1YCanada, ‏‎855-238-1592

• Value for money
    Breakfast is average
    Regular internet service
  • Wellness Area
    Poor wellness & sports facilities
"absolute worst customer service"
Waited an hour for the shuttle in the cold. The shuttle guy shows up in the wrong lane, calls for comfort Inn guests, stares out his window at us for ten minutes then leaves. When called back, (into the right lane) , he says it's not his problem. Then, Front desk says the first am shuttle back to airport is at 4:15, then 5:15 "and every hour after".. Would that not mean 6:15,7:15? Apparently not. He meant ON every hour after. Missed our shuttle. The place is getting run down, needs updating but I guess u get what u pay for
1 night trip Feb 14, 2016
"Vacation"
Awesome
Response by Super 8 Calgary/Airport
Valued Guest, Thank you for your kind feedback. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. We will see you soon!!
1 night romance trip Feb 6, 2016
Doug
"Bad stay"
Very in dissatisfied had to go thru hotel.com for help. Ended up cancelling return stay
1 night trip with friends Jan 28, 2016
"Great room for a great price."
The room was clean and the bed was comfortable. We were on a trip to Mexico and we were able to leave our vehicle at the hotel for a $5 per day charge with an airport shuttle. ( the charge for leaving our vehicle was a surprise to us as we were told it was free) I've stayed here before and for the price it is worth it !!
1 night romance trip Jan 15, 2016
"Super 8"
The Hotel was good for the money I spent. I shuttle service was atrocious 55 minute wait at the airport for shuttle pick up then shuttle was a no-show in the morning.
1 night business trip Jan 18, 2016
Douglas
Bed is too hard and the front desk guy needs to speak more English and the damage deposit Should return on ur card the next day when u check out not 5 working days
Response by Super 8 Calgary/Airport
Valued Guest, Thank you for your kind feedback. All our beds in our hotel are plush type for our guest comfort. We release credit card preauthorization from our side, its the credit card issuing bank, that holds funds. I appreciate your stay and hope to see you in future
Other trip Jan 15, 2016
"Germaphobe-Light Sleeper"
I'm a germaphobe...and so it may be idealistic of me to expect that the bedsheets/coverings don't have other people's shedded hairs. Around 4:15 am MT, a rattling noise awoke me from my slumber. The rousing noise appears to be behind the both the headboard and the adjacent wall and probably originated from Chinooks gusting against the eavestrough and roof shingles. The mysterious noise that almost sounded like the ice machine replenishing its reservoir would ebb and flow like gusts of wind and probably was limited to just the top floor end room(s) like the one I was renting for one night. No need for a front desk wake up call if one can't get back to sleep even if one only had 2.5 hrs. of it.
Other trip Jan 13, 2016
Aw Man...
"Disappointing"
Arrived late evening via shuttle from the airport. Lobby was not very attractive. Floor and elevator needed cleaning. Sofa was stained. Check in was quick. We asked for a wake up call,for 5:30and then changed it to get the call at 5:15 to give more time to be ready for the shuttle at 6 am. We did not get either call.
Response by Super 8 Calgary/Airport
Dear Valued Guest, I apologize, that your experience did not meet your expectations. Your feedback will be shared with our staff and will help us improve. I thank you for your stay and hope to see you in future!
Other trip Jan 13, 2016
"adequate not luxurious"
Room was cold...took a long time to warm up. ..no non slip bath mat...very slippery tub, narrow, hard to keep from sliding. ..no shampoo. ..at breakfast the toaster was not working...I was in Calgary to see my brother who was dying. ...good location and clean...poor access...to motel
1 night family trip Jan 7, 2016
"fit the bill"
good inexpensive night near airport with shuttle...good brekky and nice people
1 night romance trip Dec 15, 2015
"Quality of service"
I am very pleased with hotel and concierge thanks!
2 night trip Nov 24, 2015
"Exellent"
Thanks
1 night trip Nov 23, 2015
"One of the Top-Notch Super * Hotels"
Have stayed here before. Obviously there has been much work done to upgrade this hotel. Very clean, presentable, safe place to stay, secure, good staff - very friendly and accommodating. The room we were in was just great. New carpet, furniture etc. Bed was very comfortable. Spacious and well laid out.
Other trip Nov 2, 2015
"Good value, free airport shuttle"
Basic accommodations; free shuttle, wifi, breakfast.
Other trip Oct 29, 2015
Jane
"Convenient location"
We needed a place close to the hospital for an early appointment. It was a bonus that it was also close to shopping and movie theatre as well.
Response by Super 8 Calgary/Airport
Dear Valued Guest, Thank you for your kind feedback. We are glad you have enjoyed your visit at Super 8 Airport Hotel in Calgary. We look forward to welcoming you back soon!
1 night business trip Oct 21, 2015
It was good value, clean and close to the airport. It also had a free breakfast.
Response by Super 8 Calgary/Airport
Dear Valued Guest, Thank you for staying with us at our hotel. I am happy to hear that your stay was comfortable and enjoyable and our staff was helpful. I’ll will share your comments with them. See you soon!
Other trip Oct 22, 2015
Wayne & Judy
"Not too good"
Stained towels and bedding. Shower nozzle plugged. Not very clean.
Response by Super 8 Calgary/Airport
Dear Valued Guest, I apologize, that your experience did not meet your expectations. We make it a practice to share all our guest’s comments with our team. It is through comments such as yours that we work to help improve guests' experiences. I thank you for your stay and hope to see you in future!
Other trip Oct 20, 2015
T
"Good for stopover"
A comfortable hotel for an airport overnight. A little farther than some by shuttle, but a good value.
1 night business trip Oct 5, 2015
gary
"the room is not that kind clean, need more works"
the room is not really clean and the customers in other rooms are so annoying
Response by Super 8 Calgary/Airport
Dear Valued Guest, Thank you for taking the time for sending us your feedback. I apologize for the inconvenience during your stay. Our rooms are checked on daily basis. We give importance to our guest comments as they help us improve, and continually provide the best guest experience possible I would like to thank you for sharing your thoughts and hope to see you in future!
Other trip Oct 8, 2015
james
"Airport hotel"
Good spot if you have an early flight friendly staff, clean, reliable shuttle service.
Other trip Oct 7, 2015
"dirty toom"
Dirty room
1 night business trip Sep 13, 2015
thomas
We enjoyed our stay. Clean hotel with friendly staff. Our room could have used some draino though, the tub drained very slow.
Other trip Sep 14, 2015
"Poor customer service"
The girl at the front desk was kinda rude and we just ask if we can use the aupe card for discount like what we used for other hotels then the lady kept. Telling its been paid online and she cant so anything about it were not after insisting for discount but just a simple answer if we can use it or not for next time the customer even reacted that shes really rude when she was heard by other customer.she shoulnt be on that position bec every customer who will enter will have a bad impression.its not really about her personally but what she did was totally wrong.poor customer service as they say.
Response by Super 8 Calgary/Airport
Dear Valued Guest, Thank you for your kind feedback. On behalf of my staff, I apologize for poor customer service. I will be using the feedback you provided to make improvements to ensure we offer an exceptional experience for our guests in the future. I thank you for your stay and hope to see you in future!
1 night trip with friends Sep 5, 2015
"Unhappy"
Dirty untidy room.
Response by Super 8 Calgary/Airport
Dear Valued Guest, Allow me to apologize on behalf of my housekeeping staff. I have shared your feedback with them to ensure we provide clean and tidy room for our Guests. I thank you for your stay and hope to see you in future with better Guest experience.
1 night business trip Aug 31, 2015
Andy
"Decent stay, good location."
Price was decent for the stay. Breakfast was better than a standard continental, but the room needs updating badly.
Response by Super 8 Calgary/Airport
Dear Valued Guest, Thank you for taking the time for sending us your feedback. We give importance to our guest comments as they help us improve, and continually provide the best guest experience possible I would like to thank you for sharing your thoughts and will see you in future!!
1 night romance trip Aug 23, 2015
"disappointed"
Dont get receipt from hotel because it was booked online to some american company for hotel in canada.will nevver book hotel through online again
1 night business trip Aug 18, 2015
"Not Comfortable"
This hotel is just not comfortable. The bed was a brick, and I had to work on my laptop for 4 hours. Their computer chair was junk, and the desk was too high, not ergonomic at all even for me, and I am 6 foot.If you need to get some work done, get a different hotel. Also, as soon as I arrived, the staff member told me they would be right back. They came back and told me they had to use the washroom, but couldn't get in. I don't really need to know that information.
Response by Super 8 Calgary/Airport
Dear Valued Guest, I apologize, that your experience did not meet your expectations. We make it a practice to share all our guest’s comments with my front desk team. It is through comments such as yours that we work to help improve guests' experiences. I thank you for your stay and hope to see you in future!
Other trip Aug 6, 2015
Derick
Hotel needs luggage racks, it's close to airport which was why we picked it but had issues will all our luggage to and from the room as we were traveling with infant.
Response by Super 8 Calgary/Airport
Dear Valued Guest, Thank you for taking the time for sending us your feedback. We provide luggage cart in our hotel . It must be used by one of the Guest. I appreciate your stay and will see you in future!!
1 night family trip Jul 30, 2015
Overnight stay, upgraded to a king size bed. Thank you
Response by Super 8 Calgary/Airport
Dear Valued Guest, Thanks for your kind feedback about your recent stay with us. Hope to see you return again soon. Safe travels.
Other trip Aug 3, 2015
Waffles were great.it was nice to be using fresh batter
Response by Super 8 Calgary/Airport
Dear Valued Guest, Our hotel staff wants to thank you for your feedback. I am glad that your stay was enjoyable with Super breakfast. Thank you for staying with us and see you in future!
Other trip Jul 30, 2015
Close to airport and 24 hour shuttle
1 night family trip Jul 27, 2015
Loren Charles
"Never again"
Service was extremely poor. Waited 20 minutes for person to show up at front desk to check in @ 9:30pm. Sent us to an already occupied room and then sent us to a room that had empty pizza boxes all over the bed and empty pop bottles everywhere. Offered us no compensation for inconvenience so we cancelled and left. Front desk clerk was rude and non apologetic.
Response by Super 8 Calgary/Airport
Dear Valued Guest, I apologize, for the inconvenience during check in. My front desk was helping one of the senior in the room, who was not feeing well. I have shared your feedback with him as well and he joins me in apologizing, for sending you in dirty room which was not cleaned. I hope that you will give us another chance to provide better service in future!
3 night family trip Jul 23, 2015
sandra
"Only so so"
On the bright side, ,this hotel has a free shuttle service to the airport and a free so so breakfast. I found the room smelling like smoke even though it was supposedly smoke free. It could have been cleaner. We were on the top floor (4) and because there is only one elevator it took forever.
Other trip Jul 18, 2015
Dirty bathroom. Dirty toilet . 1980,s decor. Didn't get room cleaned one day.
Response by Super 8 Calgary/Airport
Dear Valued Guest, I apologize for the inconvenience during your stay. I will share your feedback with my housekeeping team. Our rooms are checked on daily basis to make sure they are cleaned and tidy. I appreciate your feedback you have sent me to make improvements. Hope you will try us out another time with clean room.
Other trip Jul 13, 2015
Doug
"Quick one night stay"
Ok basic stay
1 night trip with friends Jul 4, 2015
"a place to rest your head"
It was okay for a place to stay. Out busy all day. A place for your head
2 night trip with friends Jul 8, 2015
Alison
"Meets bare minimum requirements."
This hotel meets the bare minimum requirements for qualifying as a satisfactory establishment. I would recommend examining other options even if it costs slightly more. The 'free breakfast' has a very limited selection of foods. The internet speeds are very slow and unusable at times.
2 night business trip Jun 29, 2015
Unfriendly receptionist, terrible brakfast with plastic plates and cutlery.
1 night romance trip May 24, 2015
It's OK for a short overnight stay. Breakfast was the usually.
Response by Super 8 Calgary/Airport
Dear Valued Guest, Thank you for your kind feedback. We are glad you have enjoyed your visit at our hotel. We look forward to welcoming you back soon!
Other trip Jun 22, 2015
"Fine in transit"
Convenient place to stay overnight to catch a flight
1 night trip with friends Jun 17, 2015
Leigh R
"CHECK THE BILL"
The billing was paid when hotel was booked, and was asked to pre-approve on a visa at the hotel,and was told that this would not remain as a charge, all other hotels , that have done the same thing, but in the morning when checking out, the question was to the reception desk ,have you credited the visa for the pre approval, so far seven days have passed and it still remains as a charge on the visa account , Have phoned the hotel direct too process the credit on the visa, Nothing done yet. THIS ACTION CAUSES THE CAUTION FLAG TO CHECK ANY CREDIT CARD PURCHASES real close.
Response by Super 8 Calgary/Airport
Dear Valued Guest, Thank you for your kind feedback. We require credit card and valid government issued ID, on all check ins and do preauthorize credit card for incidental charges. It is upon your credit card company that holds the funds on your card. It takes 3 to 4 business days to release funds.
Other trip Jun 16, 2015
Greg
"I would not recommend this hotel"
The internet in the hotel does not work. Though there is signal, neither my computer, nor my iphone can be connected to the internet. The room carpet appears to be unclean. I even doubt if the bed sheets have been replaced since the stay from the last customer. This would be my last time to stay in this hotel for sure.
Other trip Jun 15, 2015
"Horrible staff!!"
We ( my husband my 4 yrs old and i) arrived at around midnight and we were REFUSED!!! The front desk man was very rude and would not take my card for the deposit only because it had my maiden name on it!! He also refused to take a cash deposit. I get that there may be rules but when a FAMILY comes in in the middle of the night with a small child that is half asleep. A good hotel should be willing to work with them instead of sending them away!
Other trip Jun 14, 2015
"Late night arrival"
We landed at the Calgary airport around mid-might. We had to wait longer than we expected for the shuttle and called again to see if someone was on their way. One the drive to the hotel we seen why! It is quite a drive the hotel. We were checked in quickly, therefore able to settle in quickly for some much needed sleep.
Other trip Jun 13, 2015
Was kept awake by smokers outside our window most of the night
Response by Super 8 Calgary/Airport
Dear Valued Guest, I apologize for the inconvenience during your stay with us. Your feedback will help us to inform other guests to move away from the rooms for smoking. There is a designated spot for smoking outside the hotel. Thank you for your stay and I hope to see you in future!!
1 night family trip Jun 5, 2015
"Needed a cheap hotel for a lay over"
We needed a cheap hotel for an international flight layover and it was perfect. We just spent 10 hours and it was exactly what we needed. Could have stayed at the Sheraton or Hilton and spent $200 more for 10 hours, but this was great for us.
Response by Super 8 Calgary/Airport
Dear Valued Guest, Thank you for taking the time for sending us your feedback regarding your recent stay at our hotel. We thank you for your stay and we hope to see you again soon!
Other trip Jun 11, 2015
"close to airport"
very clean, friendly staff, fast check in, helpful, gave information about parking and being given a ride to airport.
Response by Super 8 Calgary/Airport
Dear Valued Guest, Thanks for staying with us at our hotel. I am happy to hear that your stay was comfortable and enjoyable and our staff was helpful. I’ll will share your comments with them. See you soon!
Other trip Jun 8, 2015
"Economic hotel close to airport and highway #1"
Ther room was clean, breakfast was ok, hotel is not brand new any more, small etnic restaurants within walking distance (west indian, african, peruvian, chinese). Certainly not a pretty location. Too far from downtown/ river for sightseeing
Response by Super 8 Calgary/Airport
Dear Valued Guest, I would like to thank you for sending us your feedback. I am glad that your stay was enjoyable. Thank you for staying with us and see you in future!
Other trip Jun 7, 2015