All hotels in Houston, Texas, United States of America
10015 S Main St, Houston, TX, 77025, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

2.9
    2.7
"Good value and great staff!"
This is not luxury, but still a good value. The staff were wonderful and very helpful, especially with my shuttle needs. They went out of their way to accommodate my transportation needs. Housekeeping did a really nice job. I stayed at many other so called luxury hotels that had issues like leaky showers, broken furniture, and so on. I had no issues here. I booked online and was given a discount. When I checked in the desk clerk applied my discount upfront. The last hotel I stayed at before Carefree, was to give me a discount for online booking, but I had to fight for it. Carefree was honest. I'd stay there again if the need arises.
3 night business trip Dec 15, 2013
Angela
"Staying in a barn"
Hotel in general has seen better days a long time ago... cleaning is almost non-existent... staff is either inexperienced or non-friendly.. free breakfast is a joke…
Other trip Dec 21, 2013
"Not a resort, well maintained, good location"
Carefree inn was a satisfied stay for me and my wife. It's far from a resort, but defiantly not a roach motel. The place is a little old but has been remodeled to a Texan style which was very nice. The location in great right off the interstate, walking distance to a whataburger and Golden Corral, down the road from houston city, Hotel staff was very helpful, and the outside kitchen was very unique
3 night romance trip Dec 15, 2013
Crawdaddy
"Minimal"
This was my third stay at this hotel. It has been remodeled but it still looks like it could use more work. Amenities are minimal. We didn't have heat in our room and had to ask them for a portable heater. You have to ask for a hairdryer and coffee too. Breakfast was dry cereal and coffee. They do offer a full kitchen if anyone wants to make a meal though. There are several fast food restaurants within walking distance. It's easier to walk over to them instead of driving because of all of the traffic on a one way street. I plan to stay somewhere else for my next medical appointment.
2 night business trip Dec 15, 2013
"mixed concerns"
Check in was nice. There was no heater in the room on a cold night. My daughter may have been bitten by a spider because she woke up with a bite
1 night business trip Dec 13, 2013
"Avoid if possible!"
Only stay here if you are desperate for a hotel near the Medical Center. Cleanliness was marginal, there was a hole in the bedspread, we only had one washrag and the towels were basically rags that I would have used to wash the car. Also, the telephone didn't work and there was no alarm clock. Since we had an early morning appointment with a cardiologist, we slept only fitfully, afraid we'd miss the appointment.
Other trip Dec 15, 2013
Unhappy
return trip for visits to medical center. staff is always very helpful, hotel is not new, but comfortable. will stay here again
3 night trip Dec 8, 2013
"You get what you pay for or less"
I paid for two nights but only stayed one night and moved to a better hotel for the second. If they would have paid me to stay the second night I would have passed!
Other trip Dec 13, 2013
PAPA
"Hotel close to Reliant Stadium"
I was very disappointed with this hotel, although the staff was pleasant this hotel did not meet my minimum standard.
Other trip Dec 9, 2013
"Great value!"
This is relatively old hotel tucked away in a convenient area. However, the surrounding area is a bit rough. It is easy to see the improvements made to the hotel. The improvements show that the owners and management care about the hotel and its residents. The hotel offers a great kitchen for use that includes everything needed to prepare and eat a meal. Free breakfast in the mornings are limited but are a nice offering. The residents at the hotel are quiet and not bothersome. Internet speeds at the hotel are more than sufficient providing over 20 mbps. Carefree Inn offers a great variety of channels in its cable programming. We stayed for more than two weeks and it was nice that the hotel staff stopped by to restock and clean every day. The staff do a great job of cleaning the rooms. One drawback of our stay was the outside noise. Loud cars, motorcycles, and sirens are easy to hear inside. The laundry facility is limited to one washer and dryer. Each time we washed clothes a machine was immediately available. It seems not too many residents use the machines. Overall, staff is great, room is clean, clientele is good, area is convenient, but noisy in the evening.
7 night trip Nov 24, 2013
"Motel"
Room was not clean! I would not advise staying here.
Other trip Nov 25, 2013
"Needed to be close to medical center"
The price was reasonable but room is old , I asked the housekeeper to come back because we are leaving by they never did , overall you get what y pay for
Other trip Nov 20, 2013
"This was the worst experience ever!"
I was very disappointed with this selection being recommended to me through hotels.com. I expect professional references and recommendations and I was extremely deceived with this recommendation. I was afraid to park my vehicle and did not sleep in the room or occupy it. I was not refunded even though I expressed my dissatisfaction and refused the room.
2 night trip Nov 13, 2013
Virginia
"Good service"
Ooutstanding llocation
2 night trip Nov 15, 2013
"Good value for the area"
This 2 star hotel (motel) offers best value / price in the area. I felt safe with easy access to Houston. Bed was comfortable, room was extremely clean, staff was kind & responsive. Room has Compact refrigerator/freezer, microwave and coffee maker with access to main kitchen appliances. Drawbacks: small rooms, traffic noise in rooms closest to I-610, very thin towels, skimpy soap & shampoo, and very limited breakfast. THIS IS an older property, so no matter how much paint (or "lipstick") you put on this animal, it is what it is. Recommend for short stay, plenty of inexpensive restaurants in the area for good breakfast.
Other trip Nov 18, 2013
JD58
"Close to medical center but that's it..."
Rooms smells old and moldy. TV was not really working and worst of all we had the hardest time getting the water to warm up in the shower. Will definitely not go back.
Other trip Nov 17, 2013
pinaygwapa1
"Close to reliant stadium and med center"
Dirty tub and shower old model television small rooms
Other trip Nov 12, 2013
charlie g
"Very good value"
I stayed 2 nights here while I attended a conference at the GRB convention center, about a 10 minute drive from the hotel. The room was small but clean. Wood floor seemed a little sticky on my bare feet (cleaner residue?). Had fridge, microwave, coffee maker, and ironing board just like it said it would. Has a big old backlit TV set with basic cable. Free wifi was pretty fast, which is great bc at other hotels its usually really slow. My only complaint, if any, would be the bathroom. The dingy bathroom had a showerhead that was so clogged with limescale only half of its nozzles worked! And the towels were very thin and rough-- BUT that is what you pay for, and a shower is 10 mintues, so its not something that really bothered me. Front desk girl was really nice, I forgot one of my important papers at home and she let me print it (they have a computer you can use in the office but no printer set up). Breakfast was pretty skimpy, but it was there. Again, you get what you pay for. I am very satisfied for what I paid.
2 night trip Oct 19, 2013
"Not fancy, but it is very comfortable."
My family and I have stayed at the Carefree in twice before. It keeps improving every time. The room was recently redecorated and even had new beds. They were very comfortable. Every time that we return to the room the beds are made and the room is clean. The towels aren't very absorbent though, so it wouldn't be a bad idea to bring your own. The Inn has a kitchen that is fully stocked with all types of breakfast foods. We usually just have cereal and coffee. Maybe a donut or two. But I saw others were cooking bacon, grits, and waffles. The kitchen is super clean and very modern looking. We really like the Carefree Inn and are sure to keep coming back every time we need to stay in Houston.
2 night business trip Oct 10, 2013
Frank M
"location worrisome for lone traveler"
Check in was easy & quick. Main & huge concern was location. Didn't realize this hotel was near a rough neighborhood....desk clerk said there have been no problems since new owner took over....was told they have police frequent area. I took this to mean b/c it was necessary or why else would this area be one patrolled on a regular basis? Didn't like bed and not having coffee in room upon arrival...had to go to kitchen that does stay open late for a packet. Close to medical center and does offer medical rate if mentioned ....but honestly can't see me staying here again b/c of neighborhood. Renovations fm new owner are nice but never seen a burgundy wall in a hotel room....and no tub only a shower.
1 night trip Oct 7, 2013
"Just Fair"
Pro: The older room was clean, had good cable tv (old CRT set), and fast WiFi. Cons: Small room, VERY dark and no desk light, almost no table or flat space, 2nd floor room with no elevator and very steep stairs, VERY low hot water pressure and clogged shower head made showers difficult. Hard to get out due to heavy traffic. I would never stay here again.
8 night trip Oct 3, 2013
joel
"I liked it"
The hotel had everything we needed. We were there for the Grand Prix of Houston and had a straight shot to the track (Reliant Park) in less than 5min. The rooms were nice with all the amenities and I liked the unique look of the rooms. The beds were very comfortable. The TV's were flat screen with an Xfinity receiver with plenty of channels. No real complaints at all other than it was a little hectic trying to get out on the road with Friday morning traffic, but that was really it.
4 night business trip Oct 3, 2013
Jay
Would not stay here again. TV didn't work and a faucet was broken.
3 night trip Sep 22, 2013
"quaint & very nicely refurbished"
A tremendous amount of effort went into refurbishing the rooms, and it shows! Modern and stylish without sacrificing homeyness. Only complaint is uncomfy bed & pillows.
1 night business trip Sep 25, 2013
Traveler
shower not working & internet not working
1 night business trip Sep 17, 2013
mhmd
"Not a total disappointment"
The hotel is ok for it's intended purpose which is to come there and sleep. But I stayed for only two nights and can only provide my assessment for that. The hotel staff was friendly but parking was scarce. The hotel is definitely out-dated and the bed was uncomfortable. But for the most part it looked pretty clean. Until I laid on the bed the second night and saw a bug crawling on the sheets. The tub seemed to be clogged as the water would not drain as the shower was running and I didn't like the fact that you had to turn the timer knob in order to get lights in the bathroom area. Overall, it was ok for its intended purpose, which was to come there late, sleep, get ready in the morning and leave.
2 night trip Sep 16, 2013
Ray
"Pretty Good"
Hotel location was very convenient. I liked that the hotel had a small play area for children. The beds were comfortable as well as the pillows. I saw a cockroach one night, but just because you do not see them at other places doesn't mean they are not there. I would stay at CareFree Inn in the future.
2 night family trip Sep 13, 2013
Lala
"Was very disappointing"
Ugly motel small rooms and bathroom old tvs terrible breakfast and old stairs super hot rooms
Other trip Sep 16, 2013
gus
"we did not spend much time there"
altho the staff was very kind and tried to make things comfortable for us , we were so disappointed in the continental breakfast they served.. the toaster was broken , the coffee was cold , and the fruit was not very tasty.. the room opened from 7 am to 10 am.. one morning we got there at 7:10 am and there was no food left. They said some large family group had come in early and eaten all the food up. mostly we ate a very small bowl of cheerios and some tang drink daily. .. we felt their choice of foods could be greatly improved upon The shuttle bus was seemingly always in need of repair. altho they did get us to and fro to the hospital. sometimes we had to wait quite a while to return to the motel tho....
Other trip Sep 9, 2013
"Great if hosital stay or visit"
Overall everything was good, the area is not great so don't go out much at night alone. The breaknfast was lacking, donuts were the little ones form the gas station but rest was not bad. Serveice was great and very helpful, they could not have been better.
4 night trip Sep 2, 2013
Donald
"Aid for disabled."
Will not stay here again. I am disabled an the shower had no place for me to sit so I couild not shower while I was there.
1 night trip Sep 4, 2013
"Ok"
Ok
3 night business trip Aug 23, 2013
jerry
"Good price for location"
They have made some decorating touches, but the base structure is pretty old. However, the staff was nice and the room was clean.
Response by CareFree Inn
Dear Sir/ Madam, I would like to thank you for taking time to review the hotel. I am glad you enjoyed lodging with us and that our staff was helpful and nice. Do stop by and visit when coming to Houston. Best Regards,
1 night trip Aug 14, 2013
"Unique kitchen setup"
In addition to free breakfast, and microwaves, refrigerators and coffeemakers in the guess rooms, there is free access to a complete kitchen at all times. Very flexible for any special dietary needs or if you're just tired of restaurants. The location is very accessible to southwest Houston, including the medical center, and there is a limited shuttle service to the med center. (Watch out when driving here for the first time because the hotel is on the east side of South Main and there is a barrier so you can't turn left if you are southbound on Main. Instead, take the first ramp on the right after you pass the place, and U-turn under Main to get there.) The decor is a little corny and obviously refurbished, but generally clean. Friendly staff.
Response by CareFree Inn
Dear Mike, Thank you for taking time to review our hotel, I am elated that you enjoyed the community kitchen we provide for the guests, and the friendly staff that accommodated you while your lodge. We hope to accommodate to you on your next visit to Houston.
2 night family trip Aug 12, 2013
"Excellent hotel for the money."
The staff were very nice and friendly. It was a comfortable hotel with a calm atmosphere. Great service and really great price.
Response by CareFree Inn
Dear Bill, I would like to thank you for your review. I am glad to hear you had a nice experience while lodging at CareFree Inn and pleased the staff was helpful and friendly. Sincerely,
Other trip Aug 9, 2013
"For this price it was okay"
Hotel was okay . Only it was close to the hospital that's why we choose this one. Room was just okay. There was iron but iron board was missing . For breakfast just go somewhere else as there was nothing much . I had orange juice . Over all it was just fine for this price
Response by CareFree Inn
Dear Sir/ Madam, I would like to thank you for taking time to review the hotel, I apologize that we did not have an ironing board available in your room. It is good to hear you were satisfied with our prices. Regards,
1 night business trip Aug 1, 2013
"easy to get around"
very satisfied overall, great location,easy access, great service, helpful staff
Response by CareFree Inn
Dear Sir/ Madam, I would like to thank you for taking time to review our hotel. I am very elated that you were satisfied and happy with the service we provided while lodging with us. Please do come again when you visit Houston in the near future. Sincerely,
1 night trip Jul 31, 2013
"Should have cost a lot less"
LIGHTING HORRIBLE. There was zero overhead lighting. The main room had only one tiny lamp that was working. The lights in the bathroom and sink areas were on timers. The one over the sink was turned off and if I were an inch shorter, I would not have reached it. STAFF was friendly, except for the maid who hid my shoes from me in an obscure drawer. The sheets and towels had some holes in them. The pillows were horribly uncomfortable. The AC worked--thank goodness. WORST continental breakfast ever. Good thing there is a WHATABURGER next door--total lifesaver.
Response by CareFree Inn
Dear T. Hunt, I would like to thank you for your review we appreciate your honesty and also for taking time to review the hotel. Please formally accept my apologies for the lighting, linens and pillows, I am glad the staff made your lodging feel better. Lastly, for the breakfast we are planning on adding some variety to our selection. Please feel free to come lodge with us again in the future. Regards,
3 night business trip Jul 29, 2013
T.Hunt
"Recent Houston Stay"
Hotel was allright. had alot of difficulty with Internet and TV Service. Every Day the Internet did not want to work. Towels were not very nice and twice had to request non shredded towels.
Response by CareFree Inn
Dear Sir/ Madam, I apologize about the difficulty with our Wi-Fi and Cable service, we have contacted our provider and are currently working. I do apologize for the towels and I am glad we were able to provide you with better towels. Regards,
Other trip Aug 3, 2013
"Okay, but needs improvement"
Overall it's a fair deal, but there were a lot of nits. My magnetic key wouldn't work, so a trip back to the desk. The TV box wouldn't go on. There was only one electrical outlet, so I had to use my laptop in an awkward place. Wifi was pretty awful. Shuttle service was good getting to MD Anderson, but they didn't show up when I called to get back. After second call, they showed up. Their Continental breakfast was little donuts and Cheerios, so I didn't bother. Coffee pot in room, but no coffee or filters. No bathmat in tub. Housekeeping was very good otherwise.
Response by CareFree Inn
Dear Les, I would like to thank you for taking time and reviewing the hotel. I do apologize for the late shuttle service, the coffee we have upon request at the front desk, the reason is to keep the freshness of the coffee. Also we are continuing to synchronize the cable with the television so that would be one of the reasons for the tv box not being able to turn on. Furthermore, we hope to be your lodging destination next time you visit Houston. Sincerely,
2 night trip Jul 23, 2013
Les
Nice hotel for the price. Friendly and accommodating staff. Nice large rooms.
Response by CareFree Inn
Dear Sir/ Madam, I would like to thank you for your review, I am glad you enjoyed your lodging at CareFree. I am also glad you liked the friendly staff and that we were able to assist you in your needs. We hope to see you soon! Regards,
3 night business trip Jul 18, 2013
Poor/would not stay again
1 night trip Jul 17, 2013
"nice logde"
next to downtown
1 night trip Jul 17, 2013
"4.5***** Star Hotel with 2.2 ***Star Fee"
The Hotel from the outside does not seem much, but the interior and services are comparable to a five star hotel. What I look for in an hotel is Cleanliness and Comfort, this hotel has both. In terms of facilities, its got refrigerator, microwave and TV (not flat). It is spacious and gives room for those with children. I will recommend this hotel to anybody, does not matter your status.
Response by CareFree Inn
Dear Henry A, I would like to thank you for taking time to review the hotel, as well as a thank you for this great review. I am glad to hear you enjoyed your lodging with us, and the service provided in cleanliness and comfort. Please come back and lodge with us in the near future. Sincerely,
3 night trip Jul 17, 2013
Henry A
The hotel was good for what I needed it for. My mother had an appointment at MD Anderson. The front desk person was great.
Response by CareFree Inn
Dear Sir/ Madam, I would like to thank you for taking time to review the hotel, and lodging with us. I am glad to hear you enjoyed the hotel as well as the helpful staff. Here at CareFree we strive to make our guest feel welcomed, thank you for the review. Regards,
2 night trip Jul 8, 2013
"not far from medical center"
I go to md Anderson monthly, and have tried many low cost motels. While this place wasn't terrible, I probably won't stay there again. There are better places for the price, but I needed a last minute room. On a very hot and humid Houston night, I had to search for my room, could not find it, and had to go down to the desk to get the location. I was told it was in an "alcove" which means a very dark hallway. After finding the room in the dark, I discovered my key card did not work. Back down to the office to get it activated. The hall light did come on during the night and put a lot of unwanted light in my room.
1 night business trip Jul 8, 2013
"not much of a breakfast"
breakfast a disappointment and room needed to be updated but shuttle was good
Response by CareFree Inn
Dear Sir/ Madam, I appreciate your review, I am glad you liked our complimentary shuttle to the medical center. As for the rooms we are in a renovation process, and for the breakfast we are working on adding to our selection. Thank you again for lodging with us. Sincerely,
Other trip Jul 16, 2013
"It's the little things"
The hotel is situated right off of the Loop, but the route is somewhat circuitous to actually get to the building. All in all, it was ok for a brief stay, but little things turned me off: not having a hairdryer; having a coffee pot in the room but no coffee; the timer switches on the lights; and the very minimal water pressure in the shower that took too long to warm up.
Response by CareFree Inn
Dear Ang, I would like to thank you for taking time to review the hotel. I would also like to apologize for not having a hairdryer in the room, the water pressure, lights. As for the coffee it is actually at the front desk, we do this to preserve the freshness and to not have it go to waste. Regards,
1 night family trip Jul 12, 2013
Ang
"Good location to go into City - Main Street"
It was a good motel for a good price. Staff helped with questions.Satisfied. Good Fair Price.
Response by CareFree Inn
Dear DW, I would like to thank you for taking time to review the hotel. I am very elated that you had a pleasant experience while lodging at CareFree, as well as the helpful staff. We look forward to seeing you again next time you visit Houston. Regards,
3 night trip Jul 9, 2013
dw
"Great Value. Refurbished Motel a bit wrinkly."
Updated well, except for the bath/shower which is in need of a rip out and replace. Very friendly staff. For what I paid it was a nice quiet place to sleep and a great value overall.
Response by CareFree Inn
Dear Michael, Thank you for your review, I am glad you enjoyed your lodging at CareFree Inn. We are currently continuing with the remodeling, and I am glad you liked the friendly staff and the quiet atmosphere. Sincerely,
Other trip Jul 12, 2013