All hotels in Houston, Texas, United States of America
10015 S Main St, Houston, TX, 77025, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

2.9
    2.6
"Good location, disappointing room"
Liked the access to highways and bed was comfortable. However, we had trouble with 2 lamps that were not working, as well as microwave and fridge that was not working for part your stay. Breakfast was in small, understocked kitchen, not a serving area as normal. There was also no drinking water provided.
3 night trip Aug 25, 2014
Arjun
Plenty of other choices close to this one that would suit needs better I'm sure. Stayed here for a football game and it was good for just sleeping in, but not a place I would recommend if your going to be spending any amount of time in
Other trip Sep 1, 2014
"Close to MD Anderson Hospital"
I booked this hotel for 1 night for some family members, they liked it so much that they booked 2 more nights on their own. Room was clean. Continental breakfast was good.
1 night trip Aug 17, 2014
"There was no cable television"
The service and staff was great. It's a nice place just small and there was no cable
Other trip Aug 27, 2014
"CareFree?"
Small rooms one had one outlet that worked in main area of the room with a power strip that only had three of the six outlets that worked.
Other trip Aug 25, 2014
"I can get a better hotel with this cost"
First time in this hotel, it will be the last time to come to this hotel. I don't like the service,
3 night family trip Aug 14, 2014
"old, but clean"
Old hotel but seems in ok condition. Good for overnight stay but wouldn't recommend for extended stay. Staff friendly and helpful. Maid service exceptional. Don't rely on continental breakfast. Whataburger, golden corral and convenience store all very close within 1/2 block
2 night trip Aug 1, 2014
L. alex
"My Stay"
Not clean. Filthy curtains and did not cover windows. Decrepit bathroom.
2 night trip Aug 1, 2014
"Care Free"
Maintenance is definitely care free...blew a breaker when using hair dryer and got locked out of room because of dead batteries in the door card reader. Could use a good deep cleaning also. Other than that the room was cozy and comfortable, easy location to travel to the hospital district and the staff is very helpful and friendly. We will be staying again.
2 night business trip Jul 29, 2014
Della
"Overall Comfort"
The accessibility to second floor is hard, it's no good illumination in the room. There are alot cockroaches around the building. The parking spaces are to little the cars feels very tightly.
Other trip Aug 3, 2014
Gerardo
"You get what you pay for."
We only used the room for sleeping. If we would have spent more time in the room, then I would've given it a lesser rating. The shower did not function to well and the t.v. did not have a remote. Other than that the room was ok at best.
Other trip Jul 28, 2014
Tony
"Small but clean"
I was pleasantly surprised at how neat and clean the room was. The area of town is a bit sketchy but we were not hanging out at the hotel much other than sleeping so it was fine.
3 night trip Jul 17, 2014
Whitney
"Not a family hotel"
Pros: • None for me Cons: • Bad area, did not feel safe • Price was too high for the quality of room we got. • Not a family friendly hotel.
Other trip Jul 16, 2014
Fernanfo
"good"
it was great just wish we had a bigger tv other than that the stay was great
1 night romance trip Jul 11, 2014
"Bed bugs"
This trip was suppose to be a nice family vacation to Galveston. This trip turned out to be a nightmare... There was bed bugs in the room, woke up around 2am with bites all over my neck and face. When I told the receptionist she acted as she did not care... Her response was "Bed bugs are moving to Texas." Ended up buying new clothes and dumping everything we took. If your looking for a relaxing time away from home this is not the place to stay.
2 night family trip Jun 20, 2014
Mr. J
"Older Motel - Not great amenities"
Where do I start? The toilet had no bolts securing it to the floor, there was no desk or table to sit at to use my computer, the lock on the door was difficult to work, they had a full size coffee pot in the room, but no coffee for the guest (I guess you're suppose to bring your own coffee & filter), the light switches were all timers, so make sure you wind it all the way when you take a shower or use the toilet, or you'll end up in the dark before you're done! And the internet service quit on me several times during my stay (3 days). Oh, and their waffle iron was about as cheap as money can buy...it couldn't cook the day old (at least) waffle batter. Had to settle for cereal, and the donuts were those tiny ones you buy at the convenience store.
3 night trip Jun 11, 2014
RockSolid
"A good lie trumps the truth..."
All I can say is that urine in the toilet, hair on the floor and tub, and when I spoke to the hotel manager, is you must have done it because it wasn't there when we checked the room. When we tried to have a refund, we were told that the night manager moved you three times so you must have been satisfied. Truth is we checked in at 230am and it is obvious that the night manager kept giving our room away, but the day manager has no sense of how hotels work. Run, don't walk, Run from this hotel. And of course Hotels.com couldn't help with the refund
2 night trip Jun 4, 2014
Estate Manager
"Hotel for medical visit"
Did not use it... Need my refund but could get it from owner.
Other trip Jun 7, 2014
ron
"Graduation"
My mother, kids and I were unable to have a good night sleep for there were people hitting the wall, water or boiler going of like a forever on coffee pot that got louder by the minute. A/C filter smelled so bad of smoke and I had asked for a none smoking room but they just gave us whatever was available. TV and lamp wires were exposed, tub had a hole and smelled dirty, bed had bugs.. I could go on and on about this place but I'm not all I have to say is that they need better cleaning staff, maintenance and security on every door. It was a place to sleep but not somewhere you would like to stay a few days. Plain horrible!!
Other trip Jun 6, 2014
It is a great hotel so quiet and nice i just reall fell in love with the bed and tv i will always come here
1 night romance trip May 16, 2014
"Expect nothing"
When you take a room at Carefree Inn, it's because you're desperate. So if you go into this with low expectations you may be pleasantly surprised by the warm smile at the reception desk and the attention of the maintenance man and Jack-of-all-trades who eventually gets the refrigerator and WIFI operating. The beds are comfortable. Get a room at the back of the motel to avoid traffic noise.
1 night business trip May 6, 2014
Jack
"Disgusting and Loud"
I'm on a budget and needed an affordable hotel close to the VA Hospital to see my father. This hotel was run down and disgusting. The walls are paper thin so my mother and I could hear all of the other guest until approximately 4am. Do not stay here unless you have no other choice whatsoever.
1 night trip Apr 17, 2014
"convenient location"
Putting fresh paint and expensive accessories in a run down motel Shouldn't make it expensive. ... Beds uncomfortable, broken furniture, coffee maker in room with NO coffee available and very poor reception on nice new big screen tv. I can think of better places to stay for $100 a night next time. The convenience of being close to reliant center is the only reason we stayed there. .. Never again
2 night business trip Mar 18, 2014
"Great Area but kind of outdated"
The room was a great rate for the area. It was about a 5 minute drive to the Reliant Center. The room itself was okay. It was nothing fancy. Furniture was outdated and so was the room. It smelled clean but it was small. If you are looking for a place to literally sleep and shower this is it. If you are wanting something more go somewhere else.
Other trip Mar 19, 2014
Candace
"Dump"
Roaches, parking limited, small rooms, stained sheets, sloppy carpentry
2 night business trip Mar 13, 2014
"Shower water terrible while showering no water"
no hot water or the water was cold or the water was too hot and at times just quit
Other trip Mar 15, 2014
"Awful"
Walls are cracked, half the lights did not work, all of the lights were on timers like a storage unit (huh?), drapes wouldn't close, door was ill-fitted, there was no coffee for the coffeemaker, the shampoo was in little ketchup packs, the desk was so narrow that it was un-usable, the only furniture in the room was a beat-up spongy futon chair that didn't look safe or clean to sit on. Front desk was perfectly nice, but took 15 minutes to figure out how to get me a keycard at 11PM. Breakfast was so sparse that I didn't even try it. Coffee smelled terrible. If it had not been 11PM, I would have found someplace else.
1 night trip Feb 26, 2014
"Good enough to stay"
Heater was not working. Manager gave me a space heater I carried to my room. Shower head needed mainenance but pressure and temp was good. Room clean. Rev worked. Fridge and microwave was in room and on. Good enough to stay... Price was right.
2 night business trip Feb 5, 2014
Richard T.
"Worst hotel we've stay at in 60 days of travel!"
We are travelling for 100 days, on a budget- we picked this place based on reasonable reviews and location. In fact, the price was at the top end of what we have been paying so we were expecting something decent- this was not the case. The first room we got still had someone staying in it, and the next room was old, run down and dirty. Don't bother trying to shower- the water was a trickle at best and either freezing cold or scolding hot. We really don't know what the positive reviews were about- if you're like us and just expect clean and functional, avoid this place.
2 night trip Dec 4, 2013
"Good value and great staff!"
This is not luxury, but still a good value. The staff were wonderful and very helpful, especially with my shuttle needs. They went out of their way to accommodate my transportation needs. Housekeeping did a really nice job. I stayed at many other so called luxury hotels that had issues like leaky showers, broken furniture, and so on. I had no issues here. I booked online and was given a discount. When I checked in the desk clerk applied my discount upfront. The last hotel I stayed at before Carefree, was to give me a discount for online booking, but I had to fight for it. Carefree was honest. I'd stay there again if the need arises.
3 night business trip Dec 15, 2013
Angela
"Staying in a barn"
Hotel in general has seen better days a long time ago... cleaning is almost non-existent... staff is either inexperienced or non-friendly.. free breakfast is a joke…
Other trip Dec 21, 2013
"Not a resort, well maintained, good location"
Carefree inn was a satisfied stay for me and my wife. It's far from a resort, but defiantly not a roach motel. The place is a little old but has been remodeled to a Texan style which was very nice. The location in great right off the interstate, walking distance to a whataburger and Golden Corral, down the road from houston city, Hotel staff was very helpful, and the outside kitchen was very unique
3 night romance trip Dec 15, 2013
Crawdaddy
"Minimal"
This was my third stay at this hotel. It has been remodeled but it still looks like it could use more work. Amenities are minimal. We didn't have heat in our room and had to ask them for a portable heater. You have to ask for a hairdryer and coffee too. Breakfast was dry cereal and coffee. They do offer a full kitchen if anyone wants to make a meal though. There are several fast food restaurants within walking distance. It's easier to walk over to them instead of driving because of all of the traffic on a one way street. I plan to stay somewhere else for my next medical appointment.
2 night business trip Dec 15, 2013
"mixed concerns"
Check in was nice. There was no heater in the room on a cold night. My daughter may have been bitten by a spider because she woke up with a bite
1 night business trip Dec 13, 2013
"Avoid if possible!"
Only stay here if you are desperate for a hotel near the Medical Center. Cleanliness was marginal, there was a hole in the bedspread, we only had one washrag and the towels were basically rags that I would have used to wash the car. Also, the telephone didn't work and there was no alarm clock. Since we had an early morning appointment with a cardiologist, we slept only fitfully, afraid we'd miss the appointment.
Other trip Dec 15, 2013
Unhappy
return trip for visits to medical center. staff is always very helpful, hotel is not new, but comfortable. will stay here again
3 night trip Dec 8, 2013
"You get what you pay for or less"
I paid for two nights but only stayed one night and moved to a better hotel for the second. If they would have paid me to stay the second night I would have passed!
Other trip Dec 13, 2013
PAPA
"Hotel close to Reliant Stadium"
I was very disappointed with this hotel, although the staff was pleasant this hotel did not meet my minimum standard.
Other trip Dec 9, 2013
"Great value!"
This is relatively old hotel tucked away in a convenient area. However, the surrounding area is a bit rough. It is easy to see the improvements made to the hotel. The improvements show that the owners and management care about the hotel and its residents. The hotel offers a great kitchen for use that includes everything needed to prepare and eat a meal. Free breakfast in the mornings are limited but are a nice offering. The residents at the hotel are quiet and not bothersome. Internet speeds at the hotel are more than sufficient providing over 20 mbps. Carefree Inn offers a great variety of channels in its cable programming. We stayed for more than two weeks and it was nice that the hotel staff stopped by to restock and clean every day. The staff do a great job of cleaning the rooms. One drawback of our stay was the outside noise. Loud cars, motorcycles, and sirens are easy to hear inside. The laundry facility is limited to one washer and dryer. Each time we washed clothes a machine was immediately available. It seems not too many residents use the machines. Overall, staff is great, room is clean, clientele is good, area is convenient, but noisy in the evening.
7 night trip Nov 24, 2013
"Motel"
Room was not clean! I would not advise staying here.
Other trip Nov 25, 2013
"Needed to be close to medical center"
The price was reasonable but room is old , I asked the housekeeper to come back because we are leaving by they never did , overall you get what y pay for
Other trip Nov 20, 2013
"This was the worst experience ever!"
I was very disappointed with this selection being recommended to me through hotels.com. I expect professional references and recommendations and I was extremely deceived with this recommendation. I was afraid to park my vehicle and did not sleep in the room or occupy it. I was not refunded even though I expressed my dissatisfaction and refused the room.
2 night trip Nov 13, 2013
Virginia
"Good service"
Ooutstanding llocation
2 night trip Nov 15, 2013
"Good value for the area"
This 2 star hotel (motel) offers best value / price in the area. I felt safe with easy access to Houston. Bed was comfortable, room was extremely clean, staff was kind & responsive. Room has Compact refrigerator/freezer, microwave and coffee maker with access to main kitchen appliances. Drawbacks: small rooms, traffic noise in rooms closest to I-610, very thin towels, skimpy soap & shampoo, and very limited breakfast. THIS IS an older property, so no matter how much paint (or "lipstick") you put on this animal, it is what it is. Recommend for short stay, plenty of inexpensive restaurants in the area for good breakfast.
Other trip Nov 18, 2013
JD58
"Close to medical center but that's it..."
Rooms smells old and moldy. TV was not really working and worst of all we had the hardest time getting the water to warm up in the shower. Will definitely not go back.
Other trip Nov 17, 2013
pinaygwapa1
"Close to reliant stadium and med center"
Dirty tub and shower old model television small rooms
Other trip Nov 12, 2013
charlie g
"Very good value"
I stayed 2 nights here while I attended a conference at the GRB convention center, about a 10 minute drive from the hotel. The room was small but clean. Wood floor seemed a little sticky on my bare feet (cleaner residue?). Had fridge, microwave, coffee maker, and ironing board just like it said it would. Has a big old backlit TV set with basic cable. Free wifi was pretty fast, which is great bc at other hotels its usually really slow. My only complaint, if any, would be the bathroom. The dingy bathroom had a showerhead that was so clogged with limescale only half of its nozzles worked! And the towels were very thin and rough-- BUT that is what you pay for, and a shower is 10 mintues, so its not something that really bothered me. Front desk girl was really nice, I forgot one of my important papers at home and she let me print it (they have a computer you can use in the office but no printer set up). Breakfast was pretty skimpy, but it was there. Again, you get what you pay for. I am very satisfied for what I paid.
2 night trip Oct 19, 2013
"Not fancy, but it is very comfortable."
My family and I have stayed at the Carefree in twice before. It keeps improving every time. The room was recently redecorated and even had new beds. They were very comfortable. Every time that we return to the room the beds are made and the room is clean. The towels aren't very absorbent though, so it wouldn't be a bad idea to bring your own. The Inn has a kitchen that is fully stocked with all types of breakfast foods. We usually just have cereal and coffee. Maybe a donut or two. But I saw others were cooking bacon, grits, and waffles. The kitchen is super clean and very modern looking. We really like the Carefree Inn and are sure to keep coming back every time we need to stay in Houston.
2 night business trip Oct 10, 2013
Frank M
"location worrisome for lone traveler"
Check in was easy & quick. Main & huge concern was location. Didn't realize this hotel was near a rough neighborhood....desk clerk said there have been no problems since new owner took over....was told they have police frequent area. I took this to mean b/c it was necessary or why else would this area be one patrolled on a regular basis? Didn't like bed and not having coffee in room upon arrival...had to go to kitchen that does stay open late for a packet. Close to medical center and does offer medical rate if mentioned ....but honestly can't see me staying here again b/c of neighborhood. Renovations fm new owner are nice but never seen a burgundy wall in a hotel room....and no tub only a shower.
1 night trip Oct 7, 2013
"Just Fair"
Pro: The older room was clean, had good cable tv (old CRT set), and fast WiFi. Cons: Small room, VERY dark and no desk light, almost no table or flat space, 2nd floor room with no elevator and very steep stairs, VERY low hot water pressure and clogged shower head made showers difficult. Hard to get out due to heavy traffic. I would never stay here again.
8 night trip Oct 3, 2013