All hotels in Youngstown, Ohio, United States of America
4250 Belmont Ave, Youngstown, OH, 44505, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

• Value
    Room is not nice
    Service is poor
    Dirty
"Old and in need of updating"
Slept and left ASAP! Not worth $56.00!
1 night romance trip Oct 24, 2015
Unfortunately the people in the room next to us had a fight that sounded violent. We had to call the police. Only slept 3 hours The police said they knew who was in that room, as they stay there often and the police are often called.
1 night family trip Aug 11, 2015
Karen S.
The room was clean. Some maintenance needed to be done in the bathroom. Bed was comfortable.
1 night family trip Aug 7, 2015
"stay on the roadway and go elsewhere"
Guess I expected more from a choice hotel room was OK but holes in sheets and i cleaned the bathroom before using it parking lot was busy all night with different people in and out of the same few rooms I won't stay again
1 night business trip Apr 28, 2015
The room was supposed to be a non-smoking room but it reeked of cigarette smoke.
Other trip May 11, 2015
"awful"
Room was dirty and had a hole in the wall. Bathroom was dirty. The shower curtain was dirty with stains all over it
1 night business trip Jul 26, 2014
"Disgusting Room"
Walking to the door we had to kick several bottle caps away from the doorway. Once inside we saw the dirty and very old carpet and bed spread. Even though we prepaid with no chance of a refund for this stay we decided to leave anyway and get another room at a different motel. I have stayed at other Super 8 locations and found them to be clean and decent but now I will never chance another room at this chain.
Other trip Jul 6, 2014
"No Bugs"
I arrived late at night as planned and wanted simply to get a good night sleep, take a shower and be on my way the next morning. For that this motel was a good stop; management was amiable and accommodating and the room was cheap.
1 night trip Jun 21, 2014
seacure
"The worst!"
The location of the hotel is great.......but thats about it. The rooms just look super old. They need fresh paint asap and whoever cleans these these rooms needs to be FIRED! They dont clean anything other than give a fresh supply of towels.....just a couple of towels if i may add. The toilets are not clean, they dont brush the inside so there`s stains from who knows when. Also, the toilets dont flush with one push. I had to hold it down the whole time until everything drained. The showers are just as disgusting with stained walls not to mention the low water pressure. While all of this is going on, the faucets are broken and adjusting the water temperature is a hustle. I understand Youngstown is an old town but the owner can do better and give a d*** considering people pay money to stay here. My guess is that the only reason why they`re still in business is because of the location. This is the Super 8 motel on Belmont Ave. Dont waste your money and dont overlook the reviews. One last thing, our reservation was for 3 days, the cleaners took my soaps that i left in the bathroom on day one. I told the receptionist about it and she said she would look into it and that was the end of it. They all seem to be high on something.
3 night trip May 29, 2014
"This place needs a serious overhaul!"
The front desk staff are WONDERFUL! However, its the ROOM we are paying for, which, is just awful. We rented 2 rooms, so, it was not just my room! The owners need to fork over some money and invest in improving these run-down rooms! I had white socks on, and they got dirty from the carpet! Ewwwww! Clearly they don't clean the carpets either! Will NOT stay here again. We plan on coming to Youngstown once a month. Will pay the extra $20-30 for a Better hotel.
2 night trip Apr 25, 2014
"Do not trust the images!"
Fantastic staff, very friendly, helpful. There was free Wifi (not mentioned in the web site). There was a really nice Italian restaurant just next door. Everything else was really disappointing. First of all we got a room which was supposed to be non-smoking but it smelled like hell! we asked for another room. The toilet was not clean, we did not get towels the second day we were there! the bath water was really cold, not really possible to take a shower. No ironing. Not terrible for the price but I do NOT recommend it.
Other trip Apr 6, 2014
Arshia
"cheap"
hey if you are working out of town and want a cheap place to sleep then this is your place just bring disinfecting spray with you
3 night trip Apr 1, 2014
operator-mike
"Close location to visit"
Stay was OK - room was fine except I noticed cob web on ceiling and wall paper peeling in several areas. Bed was fine. Room was warm.. Only thing I was confused about was the timed/ motion light switch upon entering the room...regular switch would have been nicer..
Other trip Apr 1, 2014
RW
"review"
Had a horrible experince with this hotel the only reason I stayed both nights is because I could nt get a refund. When I booked the hotel o line everything else was booked and the pics online as very nice but over all nasty
2 night business trip Mar 14, 2014
ebony edmonds
"Not good"
I came to my hotel and tried to turn on the lights, they did not work. I then tried to turn on the T.V., it did not work. I then used the rest room, lifted the toilet seat and found old toilet paper on the rim of the seat. Over all it was a good place to rest my head after a long day, but other than that I was less than impressed.
Other trip Mar 10, 2014
S
"HORRIBLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
from the time I checked in was a bad experience. The first room they put us in already had people in we tried to open door and got the door slammed in our face, went back to desk got another key for different room got to that room mind you it was minus 15 below outside, unloaded bags found out no lights worked in room, fixtures were hanging out of the sockets the fan in bathroom didn't work , toilet would not flush and the tv would not work REALLY!!! if i could have gotten my money back and switched hotels i would have but they would not .So after switching rooms again and having no room service all week No towels because they said they had problems with dryers then went to check out a day early cause i had it with crapy service. wouldn't give me credit for day early cause i was 1 hour past check out are you kidding me ....then would not give ,me a bill or let me sign out or any thing they said thats how they do it here. I WOULD NEVER EVER RECOMMEND MY WORST NIGHTMARE OF A PERSON TO STAY THERE WORST TIME I HAVE EVER HAD IN MY LIFE!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Other trip Jan 12, 2014
nicole
"Convenient stop on I 80"
No problems. Just off the interstate, with a great restaurant attached.
1 night trip Dec 21, 2013
"Sketchy"
Initially i got the smoking room and it was very smelly with Cigarrette burn throught the room. They did give me another non smoking room but it was very smelly, bathroom was dirty, and the room didnt have good lighting.
Other trip Oct 30, 2013
passerby
"Will not return"
Needed a place for 1night, didn't realize cheap, meant bad, Light switches inside the door didn't control anything , most of the lights were unplugged, wasn't an issue, since several outlets didn't work TV had bad reception , Water pressure in shower was weak, shower valve leaked Of the weather hadn't been so miserable, I would have seen about changing rooms, Wouldn't recommend this motel to anyone
Other trip Oct 19, 2013
"Not super at all"
This hotel need a lot of attention. I stayed in room 110 and the stopper in the sink did not work, the shower needed caulking, the TV was on a timer outlet and turned off every 30 - 45 minutes. All the lamps were unpluged for some reason.
1 night trip Sep 27, 2013
"an economy room, but not for the ladies, not clean"
this was an older place, you could tell. the room, was very run down, the bath room was old, dirty, not nice. beds old, flat, weak feeling. rugs old. just an older place, that is in need of an overhaul. good price,, but there must be better close by. super 8 has always been a good hotel for me on my travels,, but not this one. i still recommend most super 8's. the breakfast was poor at best, but at least its offered. would not stay here again.
1 night trip with friends Aug 23, 2013
"Place is pretty run down"
The shower was a nightmare, and the room looked like it was half-renovated...
1 night trip Aug 4, 2013
Lance
"Gross."
Gross.
1 night trip Jul 2, 2013
"Very unsatisfied!"
Room was clean, bedspread and curtains had cigarette burn holes, shower curtain rod was barely attached, faucets on both shower and sink hard to turn, little parking due to nearby restaurant workers taking most of the spots. Took cash for pet fee and didn't provide receipt, no receipt of any kind for the stay and no list or information on any services. Found out about the breakfast offer a day after checking in only by chance when I went to find ice. I will never stay at that Super 8 again. Very Unsatisfied!!!
3 night trip Apr 3, 2013
Rick S.
"gross"
There were cigarette burns in the comforter and the other blankets were dirty. I felt completely grossed out just being in the room. It was the worst hotel I've ever stayed in.
1 night trip Mar 29, 2013
CLEAN ROOM VERY NICE
3 night trip Mar 19, 2013
"Avoid if possible"
This place should have been rated a minus two! Not only was the motel a dump, I was afraid that my car would be stolen during the nite.
1 night business trip Mar 17, 2013
"spend more elsewhere"
Bathroom light did not work. Blankets on bed were fuzzy/hairy. Carpet not vacuumed. Breakfast was just sad!!! Note to self, spend the extra money for a nicer hotel next time, it will be worth the peaceful night's sleep.
1 night trip Mar 11, 2013

Other trip Dec 1, 2013

1 night trip Feb 8, 2013
DE

TripAdvisor reviews for Rodeway Inn

"Take the "Rode AWAY" from this awful place!"
01/24/16 Pat B Dayton, United States
The posted rating of 4 stars is a bold lie. This motel is horrible & should be shut down by the local inspection agency. The room was filthy & in disrepair. We didn't have a remote for the TV (didn't notice this until too late in the evening to change rooms) - there was NO replacement remote. We needed an extra room card, the clerk handed us a card & said it will work for our room because any key opens ALL the rooms! So much for feeling safe & secure. The breakfast they put out is marginal at best. We wouldn't stay here again for free.
"Don't even Bother"
07/22/15 michaelwU5860VU Oak Harbor, Washington
This is the worst place to visit I have been all summer. I asked for a "non-smoking" room. What I got was a room that no one was smoking in at the time I checked in. It smelled like a week old ashtray. I was shown another room, which was even worse. I was tired and needed to sleep so I took the room. Nothing in the room worked. The TV was tied to a switched outlet, that had a timer on it. Right in the middle of the news, the TV goes off. The toilet seat fell off the toilet the second I sat down. I actually fell to the floor. The sink drain plug would not operate and of course was stuck in the closed position. There was mold in every corner of the bathroom. And the divert-er valve for the shower fell off in my hands. I have seen better dog kennels than this place.
"Absolutely disgusting! A park bench might have been cleaner and safer!"
07/31/14 TravelinCowgrl Las Vegas, Nevada
My husband and I had been on the road for hours and at 4am had to pull over and get some sleep. I really wanted to get a hotel so I could get a shower in the morning so instead of our original plan to sleep in the car for a few hours we pulled into the first place we saw and it was this "gem." We were so tired we didn't really think too much of it from the outside but then things got dicey. The manager on duty was very friendly and chatty (too chatty for 4am), so I was hopeful. He gave me the key to a room around back. We pulled up and put the key in and the door wouldn't open. It opened on the bottom lock but not the top. It was as if someone was inside and had latched the top lock. No one said anything when we pushed on the door but we couldn't get in. I went back to the office and after 5 minutes of fiddling around and telling me how amazing the next room would be I got a key. I'll preface the room description by mentioning the manager went on and on about this great room and how it goes for over $100 per night etc etc but since the jacuzzi wasn't working he'd give it to me for the price I paid. I'll also mention here I paid cash because I had a gut feeling not to hand over my credit card. Glad I did as when I asked for a receipt he said the computer was down. I wasn't happy handing over cash without a receipt but was too tired to argue. We pull up to the second room and by this time were so exhausted I barely had the energy to be properly horrified. I couldn't even take enough pictures of the horror that was this room. It was the 1970's adult movie room gone bad. One end of the room had a giant step up jacuzzi surrounded by mirrors and what appeared to have been a sauna previously but had been ripped out and was just untreated, splintery wood. The bathroom was filthy with lose tiles and other health hazards to be found. The room also was covered in a goof 3 inches of dust. We were so tired we just pulled the linens off the bed and laid down. The next morning we carefully moved around the safety hazards and got dressed and out of there as quick as possible. We made the mistake of stopping at the Super Start breakfast. It was a joke. Disgusting coffee in a filthy vending room with one choice of cereal. When I stopped to check out I was given a completely ridiculous handwritten receipt and told the computer was down again. After that we hauled it outta there and stopped for coffee at the gas station. We also had to stop and do some laundry because our clothes smelled so bad like dirty, stinky, smokey hotel room. Do not stay here in any circumstance. The health department should shut this place down and Super 8 should be embarrassed to have their name on the sign. I sure wish I'd just slept in the car!
"Stear Clear of HERE"
07/31/14 SouthwestCowboy Las Vegas, Nevada
Wow, just wow... it's been some time since I stayed in a place so bad that I wanted to call Super 8 and ask for a refund and report the place to the health department! If you are reading this please for your sake and your family's safety GO SOMEWHERE ELSE! I've said it before that the Mrs and I are loyal Super 8 fans but on very very rare occasions we come across a hotel that baffles us and leaves us wondering how SUPER 8 allows them to operate under their brand name. It was 4am, the mrs was pooped... so pooped that she didn't even wanna pull up trip advisor and look for a place to stay so we just pulled off the exit and looked for the "trusty" super 8 sign. The hotel looked old and rundown on the outside but in the past that hasn't meant the rooms were bad. The first room we were given was locked from the inside so we couldn't access it, after returning the manager gave us a second room that was a jacuzzi room with a non functioning jacuzzi. that was all fine and good since we only wanted to sleep a few hours and get back on the road. To our horror we opened the door to what looked like a smokey smelly room that was straight out of a bad 70's stag movie. Sorry ladies, not trying to be rude but that's the best description I can wrap around it. It was late we wanted to sleep, covers looked dirty but we were exhausted. Upon awaking in the light we noticed even more how horrible it was and making our first trip to the bathroom realized the error of our ways!!!! The tiles were all broken and cracked and even the toilet area was bad so if you sat down the toilet ROCKED! Disgusting dirty counters and towels that felt and smelled like they haven't been used in months. Looking around there were different colored paints etc... and it really felt like the room was in the middle of a remodel but the manager rented it anyway. So it's morn and I'm starved and I always love the Super 8 breakfast BUT I have now seen the WORST super 8 breakfast ever. there was nothing in there and I'm not exaggerating there was nothing!!!!! I was so confused I thought we went to the wrong room. I just grabbed a watery coffee and checked out. I should also mention it was filthy. Upon going to checkout there was some homeless looking folks mulling around the lobby and I noticed a sign that pertained to there long term WEEKLY renters and it hit me.. this is a crack hotel... lesson learned never just pick a hotel without using trip advisor!
"My first Bedbug experience"
07/10/14 rickcf plymoutn, in
Worst dive I have stayed at and my first bed bug experience. Stayed here once about 4 years ago and it was a dive then. They changed the place cosmetically (hate to use the word remodeled) so I did not recognize it so I booked it again. Same dive with a coat of paint. Bathroom was at least 60 years old complete with haggard doors, reflooring that you can see thru to the floor they laid over, half way caulking and dingy water in toilet bowl. Holes in ceiling roughly refilled and painted over. Room smelled and air conditioner old and broken. TV channels nothing to write home about. It is a hotel attached to a bar so you get the idea of the type of business it is in. Avoid this place.
"Do not stay here"
07/05/14 atanina New York, NY
The bathroom was absolutely horrendous - black mold on the ceiling, dirty bathtub and toilet, stained towels. The carpet and the walls were very dirty, cobwebs were hanging from the ceiling and the room smelled like stale cigarettes. Besides the serious lack of hygiene, the motel felt unsafe. This motel is located right off the highway next to a gas station, all the rooms are exterior-facing, and some rooms face away from the office/parking lot which makes you feel very isolated. In fact, a woman actually came to the door of our room begging for money. More than a hotel, this is a low quality motel.
"Smelly Room"
05/16/14 Dennis C Elizabethtown, Kentucky
For our stay we reserved a no smoking room. We were given a smoking room where the smoke detector had been ripped out of the ceiling and the rooms air conditioner was broken. It was a sweaty night and our clothes stunk the next day. Disappointing.
"Filth"
04/29/14 Teresa S Youngstown
Do not stay here. Even though the price is cheap it wasn't even worth what we paid. The place was so dirty and not fire alarm even in the room. The tub had pubic hair in it and wall paper was coming off of the walls. Dirt every where. Stay clear of this place.
"Don't stay here"
04/28/14 Al W Poplar Grove, Illinois
I am on the road a lot. I average two hotel stays per week. This is the worse Super 8 on the planet. Because of this room I will never pay for a room before looking at it. I will take the advice of the previous post and ask for my money back. DON'T STAY HERE!
"I should have checked the reviews!"
04/27/14 ROBERT P COLLEGEVILLE
I booked a room here because it was very inexpensive, and "you get what you pay for." My room smells, and it's not very clean. The door frame is moldy and the carpet by the door is coming up so that when you go to open the door it rolls back under the door. I haven't tried their breakfast yet, but I am not expecting much. This place is not up to Super 8 standards. I ALWAYS stay at Super 8 and I have never found a place this poor.