All hotels in Richmond, California, United States of America
1598 Carlson Blvd, Richmond, CA, 94804, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

2.8
    2.5
Clean room. Lots of construction going on to motel, not good if you wanted to sleep in.
3 night trip Jun 16, 2015
"Gross"
Probably the least enjoyable experience out of the four hotels I stayed at last weekend. The chair was stained, the bathtub/shower was moldy and even though all of these places swear they are no smoking- for some reason they ALWAYS REEK of cigarette smoke. Either the stench is too powerful for that $200 to properly handle, or the hotels are just pocketing the "fee" and not actually paying anyone to clean it properly. I am so glad I do not take baths in shoddy hotels and that I am not allergic to smoke. Otherwise I might have died or become very ill here (trust me this is the last place you want to die in).
1 night romance trip May 16, 2015
Brigitte
"Worked just fine, no frills, low cost ."
It was very comfortable and cozy. The room had a homey feeling.
2 night business trip Apr 24, 2015
"For one night stay"
It is always not what you see in the website. It was ok but they could do better if the owner were not cheap :(
1 night romance trip Apr 23, 2015
Angie
"Comfy bed"
The bed was comfortable but there is no deep soaking tub at all as mentioned in the description. It was ok just to catch a few z's.
1 night trip Feb 27, 2015
"No Issues"
No issues!
1 night trip Feb 6, 2015
"Review-Good"
Great price - good location. Wifi didn't work.
4 night business trip Feb 2, 2015
"Good hotel"
Nice overnight stay, good service. Good for a night or two stay, comfortable and clean.
1 night romance trip Jan 31, 2015
alyssa
"Family visit"
The place was not new but everything was in working order and clean. Tenants varied from working to professional class. Everyone was cordial. I was comfortable and slept soundly. The management always made themselves available and were most helpful, such as in helping me to access their guest wireless service. They had breakfast ready at seven. I was within a scenic walk to my son's home on Lexington Ave. in El Cerrito. Fred Garcia
2 night family trip Jan 22, 2015
Wilfred
The guy at the front desk was very kind. The room was very clean and comforting. Even tho our room was next to the freeway you were not able to her the traffic noise.
1 night romance trip Jan 16, 2015
"Not the greatest"
Not just old and run-down, but a bit dirty and gross. Bug in the sink, rust in the bathroom. No TV channel guide. Only reason I stay here is because it's close to my family and inexpensive.
1 night family trip Dec 27, 2014
"Older inexpensive motel"
Room is dated and worn, but clean-did not smell. Staff was nice, coffee was good. Bed was comfortable.
3 night family trip Dec 18, 2014
Lynette
"Good customer service."
The place is not bad at all. Two thumbs up for the very good customer service..
3 night business trip Oct 20, 2014
Joyce
Near UCBerkeley, it was clean, internet OK and free and free parking. In general I would recommend it
Other trip Oct 20, 2014
"Sleeping overnight"
Good parking spot. Breakfast was a bit dissapointing. Only coffee.. Safety glass in reception, only place where i have seen one!
1 night trip Sep 30, 2014
"Great service/ great place"
it was awesome!
1 night trip with friends Oct 2, 2014
mario
"Don't be fooled by the pic on the internet!"
We rented two rooms and the a/c didn't work in either. I cannot sleep hot and I have to have moving air, whether its from wind, a fan, or a/c. So I figured ok, we'll just open the window, its cooler at night, we are in the bay area, and i'll leave the a/c on and just let the fan move the air. It didn't cool down after a couple hours so I called the front desk and asked for a fan. He said ok, he would go find one. Oh, by the way, while I was on the phone with him, a cockroach was walking on the wall about a foot from my head and I started freaking out saying there's cockroaches in here! He didn't say ANYTHING! Then, my friend tells me there is an earwig crawling around in the picture on the wall. So we never heard back from him. Called him again about an hour later. He said he is not allowed to leave the desk. ok? Couldn't you have called us? I asked if he had a fan for me that we could go to the front desk and get? He said yes. So my husband goes to the front desk, oh, this is a heater. Are you freakin kidding me? So we slept with the window open part of the night but the hotel is on a pretty busy street so loud vehicles kept waking us up. Not to mention I could feel every spring in the cheap mattress. Then, in the middle of the night the fan started making this super loud horrible grinding noise. So that was nice to get scared awake to.
Other trip Sep 26, 2014
Elisabeth
"Hidden Hotel in Richmond"
Hidden hotel in Richmond located in a residential area, in close proximity to the Berkeley campus. Right off the freeway with easy access. The hotel was located in a neighborhood that was a bit rough around the edges, upon arrival on the property there were two haphazard looking guests in a heated argument. I would not recommend wandering around in evening hours. There are restaurants or shops within walking distance. The room did served its function- It had a bed and bath. it was not as clean as I hoped it would be. The carpet needed vacuuming and had some stains. There were some flies in the room and the bathroom felt dingy, although the bed though did look clean. The staff was very fairly pleasant and helpful. Due to our comfort level of the neighborhood and the arguing guests, we had to cancel our reservation and slept elsewhere.
2 night trip May 17, 2014
"Good for price"
Good for price. Met our needs.
8 night trip Sep 7, 2014
"This worked will stay again."
Overall decent place, Desk person was helpful with my Questions.very convenient right at the off ramp, which was nice, neighborhood well a neighborhood, I imagine if you lived there would be OK, but coming into it occurs rough around the edges. Bed was comfortable, they had coffee in the room, shower was strong and they had the ability for a bath, which is always nice when my wife is with me. Internet worked. TV had some decent programs as well, Overall a solid place to stay.
1 night trip Sep 10, 2014
"Decent enough"
Provided me with everything i needed. King size bed was good enough, a little beat up but not that bad. Shower was clean, but the floor tile in the restroom was a little messed up. Overall all pretty clean. Convenient location, able to go 2 blocks down to the BART and get into SF without any problems. Id stay again.
1 night trip Aug 16, 2014
"you get what you pay for"
This is a last ditch alternative when there is nothing else within miles. I was surprised that at 11:00pm (we had resvn) that two others came in trying to get a room but they were fully booked. The room was as clean as I guess could be expected with what they have to work with. Don't expect anything fancy - this place is worn out and pretty run down.
1 night trip Jul 26, 2014
"The whole place needs repairs"
The whole place needs repairs, everything is falling apart, smell really bad for a non smoking. Carpet needs to be replaced or at least shampoo more often (if any)... The location is good, not too far from Sausalito or San Francisco, really close to fwy, has free parking (These are all the plus)
Other trip Jul 28, 2014
Rosie
"Nice hotel for price!"
I wasn't sure about this place because of the previous ratings, but the price was right for me, so I gave it a try. I was very pleased! Everything was clean, no bed bugs, air conditioner worked, and it was quiet. I'd definitely stay here again.
Other trip Jul 28, 2014
Indra
"very bad customer service"
in terms of customer service the hotel staff can gain ZERO. I ordered some purchases online and it was received and singed by one of the staff. amazingly when i asked for the items the staff advised that they through it into garbage !!! several iterations of debates with no result. they even threatened me to crash my cat if i kept parking it in the garage. when i am receiving a call on the hotel line the staff claiming that my line is busy !!!
Other trip Jul 22, 2014
Ahmed
"Great room, great value!"
The room was very clean, well stocked with towels, came with a mini fridge, microwave and coffee maker, and the front desk staff was very nice and helpful. Overall I was very satisfied and will definitely book my room here in the future.
1 night trip Jun 29, 2014
Ermilo
"Not the best."
The parking lot was small. The ice machine was broken. The housekeeper just opened our door without knocking. She did bring us more towels. Lighting wasn't the best. The water in the shower was cold while it stayed very warm in the sink. This hotel definitely needs to be upgraded and major attention would be helpful.
Other trip Jul 2, 2014
Bryan
"Bad Motel"
My bed had terrible curvature of the spine which it tried to transmit to me. Heavy smokers all around. Smoking in their rooms as I passed by and in the doorways. ALL rooms are supposed to be non-smoking in California. The noise level was unbelievably high.
Other trip May 28, 2014
"Too little for so much."
Very small rooms. Price is high for what you get.
2 night trip May 22, 2014
Luis
"all good"
Great place one a budget
1 night business trip Apr 29, 2014
"Not the best, but exactly what I excited when book"
I knew it would be cheap and in a run down part of town. But for the price and location to what I needed to do it was perfect. Lil rundown but had big bed and overall pretty quiet. Staff seemed friendly.
1 night trip Apr 5, 2014
"Best hotel"
Very clean ..i love it san francisco one of the best hotel to stay in i will recomend it
Other trip Apr 4, 2014
"Shockingly good. Expected the worst and got a grea"
t stay. Got the room earlier. Other then iron for my cloths had ething.
Other trip Mar 20, 2014
david
Small hotel but very clean in a good area.
1 night business trip Feb 26, 2014
Alma
I booked the room for a one night romantic tryst. The room was clean, warmed up quickly and had plenty of room for romping. The staff were friendly and discreet and I felt really comfortable.
1 night romance trip Jan 31, 2014
"Better than I expected"
After reading others reviews, I was hesitant to book here...but ultimately couldn't beat the price. The neighborhood is not great, but we felt safe and it was a super quick and easy hop onto the freeway. The room was very clean and the bedding was comfortable and nicer (I was expecting stained, burn holes etc). White faux down comforters and lots of cozy pillows. Wifi worked fine. Front desk was very nice and let us have a late check out. They do not have any sort of breakfast, so that was a downfall. But they do offer coffee in the lobby. My guess is that it is family run...my gps took us the long way and I called to make sure we were heading in the right direction. I younger man answered and was extremely curt and annoyed-sounding. When we arrived, a teenage boy was leaving from behind the counter and an older gentleman was in his place. Other than 'typical' teenage attitude, the front desk was great (and we did not have any other encounters with the youngster).
1 night trip with friends Oct 26, 2013
Stella Maris
"San Francisco stop"
Not at all what we expected. The hotel had cars with graffiti in the parking lot. The hotel room window was less than 30 feet from a highway. The toilet took at least 3 flushes to go down each time. When we checked out - we waited about 10 mins and no one came to the desk window. We just slid our key under the glass. There were crumbs on the carpet in the room.
Other trip Oct 20, 2013
The Frickeys
"Bad, bad experience"
During our first day the electronics door locks did not work so wehadto move rooms. In addition the local Richardson police/DEA raided a room on our floor and arrested two gang bangers. On our last day we got woken up by the Police/Fireman and asked to evacuate because a gas tanker over turned. The Freeway is at the back window of our room. It was noisy with freeway traffic. Don't stay there!
3 night trip Oct 4, 2013
"bad choice"
OK. But scary neighborhood. outdated. no bugs but otherwise poor place to stay.
1 night trip Sep 28, 2013
"Horrible"
First off it is way over priced for what you get. I had a single bed king size but it had to be the absolute worst bed I have ever tried to sleep on. The room itself was clean but it had an odd smell, not bad but it was nothing good either. The neighborhood was a ghetto area, tagged up and run down. The TV was an old style, not a flat screen or anything it was still boxy and had the slightly rounded screen front. Paid way to much for one night, one buck under Ben.This will be the last time I get someone from hotels.com to book a room for me, I'm doing it myself from now on.
1 night trip Sep 30, 2013
Dissatisfied
"It was fine"
I was re-booked here because the Days Inn Richmond was not good and did not have wifi. ABVI was just fine. Front desk clerk was nice enough. The room was good size and bed was comfortable. Nice big TV with cable and the place was clean. A little noisy because of the surrounding streets but I wear earplugs to sleep.
1 night trip Aug 27, 2013
BGB
"I switched hotels"
It was not a good experience. One of the main reasons I selected the hotel was that they claimed to have wifi. They didn't -- they say they stopped offering it because guests broke their routers. Not having wifi was a big issue for me because I was traveling on business. There was garbage all over the parking lot and I think it was urine on the sidewalk in front of my room. The front desk service was rude. I did not spend the night and switched to another hotel in Richmond. Never again. I should have believed all of the previous reviews that were posted.
1 night trip Aug 26, 2013
BGB
"OK for the Price -"
Reasonable for the price, but don't go with high expectations. Basically, a place to sleep.
2 night trip Aug 23, 2013
"The price is reasonable."
It is OK for just sleep. The bed is clean and comfortable for me. The bathroom is clean.
Other trip Aug 26, 2013
"Power outage every 5 minutes"
While using the blow dryer and heating up water in the microwave, there is sure to be an outage. The staff advised us to only keep one light on, and to stop using the microwave and blow dryer at the same time. Sounded reasonable. However, after turning off ALL lights in the room, unplugging the blow dryer, the microwave set to 30 seconds to heat up water, there'd still be an outage. Very disappointing.
Other trip Aug 25, 2013
"Great bed, poor shower"
King size bed was very comfortable. The desk said they were ln the process of changing to new shower heads with multi settings and that ours may be an old one. I politely let them know that this was a multi setting head and that the sink had plenty of water pressure. Therefore the orifice in the shower head was to small becauze I had experienced this in a shower head that I recently replaced.
Other trip Aug 19, 2013
Roger
"Cheap but needs work"
Rooms were not very clean and everything needed updating.
Other trip Aug 2, 2013
"Great for a stopover. Leaving Bay Area."
Great for a stopover. Used for 1 night leaving Bay Area to explore Redwood coast to Northern Cal. Wifi great, room comfortable. Neded for 1 night was ok. Staff was nice. Next to busy road but was quiet inside room.
Other trip Jul 4, 2013
Gober
Confortable.
2 night trip Jun 28, 2013
Nelson
"A little sketchy..."
Definitely lock your car here; expect for other guests to ask for handouts. That sorta thing.
Other trip Jun 25, 2013