All hotels in Carlisle, Pennsylvania, United States of America
1800 Harrisburg Pike, I-81 Ext 52/Rte 76 Exit 226, Carlisle, PA, 17013, United States of America, ‏‎855-238-1592

2.7
My hotel room was horrible . The roof was falling apart in in the shower which then we couldn't take showers there was cob webs everywhere it just was not a good experience
2 night trip Aug 30, 2013
Cheryl
"Recommended for passing thru town"
The hotel room was clean, the bed was comfortable. A good location off the highway, near gas and morning coffee. The front desk attendant at night was very pleasant.
1 night trip Aug 18, 2013
Rebecca
"OK place to stay, but could be better"
The hotel was ok. We didn't try the pool. The rooms could have been cleaner and brighter lighting. The non-smoking room smelled of cigarette smoke, at first, but turned on the A/C and it cleared up. Also noticed lots of cigarette butts in parking lot outside of room. The continental breakfast was nothing to write home about. Just two kinds of cereal, some waffles & toast, cinammon rolls (to be heated), some juice and some coffee. Have stayed in places with a better continental breakfast. When we finished with "breakfast", saw a beatle running across floor. Overall, we would have perferred to stay somewhere else, but can't expect too much for the price that we were quoted on this website. Also, when using the website, you are shown the information for a non-smoking room, but the hotel default is to "request" a smoking room (which they give you automatically because of this website). I called the hotel directly and got it switched back to a non-smoking room.
1 night trip Aug 17, 2013
Chris G
"Lots of other hotels in the area"
Room had bad smell., needs updated. Gets the job done if you just need a place to sleep for eight hours. Thankfully we got to the location late at night and left early in the morning. If I had to spend any more time in the room, I would have requested a different room. Overpriced for what you got. GREAT diner across the street.
Other trip Aug 10, 2013
"A room with a bed"
It was just a room with a bed to sleep in, as far as I was concerned. I would not take a shower as the tub was filthy. There was garbage in the trash can. The refrigerator freezer had frost an inch thick in it. We had to park clear over by the pool, which was very far away from our room.
Other trip Aug 10, 2013
Randy
"not bad for one night"
Ok for one night if going to Carlisle shows. OK for guys but I don't think i would take a female with me to this place. It was outdated and the wallpaper was coming off in a few places. The room was clean and comfortable for my use of just one night. I would go back again for the price.
1 night trip Aug 2, 2013
phishn1
"good location but not worth the price"
I reserved 2 non-smoking rooms and was given 2 smoking rooms at my arrival. The room was not properly cleaned after the last guest checked out and I was provided clean sheets after asking at the desk because the sheets needed to be changed also.
3 night family trip Jul 11, 2013
Ray
"Last minute trip."
The front desk was friendly and understanding, the room was a good size, the beds were very firm. I had a stopped up sink, but they fixed it the next morning. The showers temperature ranged from too hot or too cold, that's the only down side I had to my room. Good location to the fair grounds, and plenty of parking. Would stay here again.
Other trip Jul 16, 2013
Kristen
Disappointing and the cleanliness (or lack there of) was disgusting. Stained carpet, bedspreads with stains and burn marks.
1 night trip Jul 13, 2013
"Awful"
It was the only place available that weekend. I would never recommend this hotel to anyone. The hallways smelled like death, decay, mixed with cigarettes. When we got to our room, we observed that the toilet had not been flushed. The doors don't seal properly so there's no privacy. The other hotel guests were extremely noisy. Not worth the money we paid.
1 night trip Jul 5, 2013
"quite far from hershey park-not 20min.more of 45mi"
Receptionists were not customer-friendly (NO smiles).We were booked in a smoking rm.when I specified a NON-SMOKING RM.because I recently had a STROKE.This was quite terrifying for me and we pleaded to please switched the rm but the ladyd not to care.We couldnot get any other hotel in the area coz it was a w/e.The rm n BR needs to be repainted n the wall paper needs to come down entirely-filthy!!I didnot ave your phone no.n I was told to email hotels.com.THIS WAS THE FIRST TIME THAT THIS HAPPENED TO US.We paid $122 +ea/ngt cld u imagine.What a WASTE of our hard earned money!!!
2 night romance trip Jul 5, 2013
Amee
"The only room left."
Went to Hershey Park for the fourth and had to take what was left. We will not stay here again. Dirty floors, bath rooms, sheets we only slept there for a few hours otherwise we would have found some place else to stay.
Other trip Jul 7, 2013
"Convenient to exit, food choices nearby"
Room was adequate, clean, bed was comfortable. Rate was good for an overnight stay enroute to destination. Refrigerator in room. Breakfast basic continental. Nearby restaurant choices. Close to exit off highway. Grounds of property needed improvement. Laundry facilities available on property.
1 night trip Jun 28, 2013
Joan
"Easy to overlook"
My stay at this hotel was average. It is in desperate need of a renovation The rooms are very dated, but functional. I was disappointed over the location. The surrounding area is very busy and heavily travelled by large trucks. The Hotel staff were very nice and did a good job maintaining this facility
5 night trip Jun 7, 2013
Traveller 9
"Over-the-hill"
Hotel was clean, but room smelled of smoke (we had requested non-smoking). The parking was crowded, with trailers for exhibit cars taking up as much as five spots. The price was high for the market, but I suspect the management cashed in on the car show that ran that weekend. I'll stay home next time rather than stay here.
3 night trip Jun 6, 2013
"not impressed"
beds where hard and the shower was for very short people .Next time we will pay more to stay at a nicer place. Also not enough parking around the room .For a motel there should be a space marked for every room.
2 night trip Jun 6, 2013
sheets were stained and the bathroom was not the cleanest
1 night trip with friends Jun 7, 2013
Evan
would never stay again
2 night trip May 30, 2013
"Good for the Price"
We used this hotel as a one-night stopping point to our ultimate destination. It was convinient right off the highway and was good for a one-night stay. The shower was not very clean but otherwise it was ok. Front desk staff was helpful and was able to accomodate our very late check-in. It was rainign and pool was not open but the area seemed nice.
1 night trip May 23, 2013
"Good people, desperately in need of an update."
Shower diverter knob was useless. Gaps around doors made for too much noise gettnig in. Showerhead plugged full of rust/calcium. Bathtub/shower unit felt flimsy under my feet, like I was standing in a $5 used bath tub. Shower unit had been repainted with whatever was on sale at the local dollar store and the many layers of paint were peeling. Overall, it felt like the place has been maintained on a $5.00 per room per year budget. The staff and housekeeping service were wonderful. The upkeep really lets this place down. The bathroom walls looked to be made of painted cardboard? Just... cheap cheap cheap. I stayed in a Hilton for $99 a night on a non-vacation weekend... that's what I paid to stay in this cheerful dive. I don't feel like I got ripped off, particularly... I just think the owner needs a bit of perspective. His motel is a dump.
2 night trip May 17, 2013
evil03
"good location but not very clean"
The location was great; the staff was distracted (there was a convention in town) but friendly enough. The room, however, was not very clean: there was hair in the drain, the wrapper from a cough syrup bottle on the floor near the sink, dirty splatters around door handles, and a few stains on the towel (although it was obviously clean and smelled like bleach). The best I can say about the place is that it's close to the highway and the sheets were clean. Given the option, I wouldn't stay there again.
1 night trip May 18, 2013
Family Reunion attendee
"Nice room"
The room we had was great. Comfy bed, very clean. The owner went above and beyond to accommodate us for a second night stay i forgot to book. Only thing that could've been better was the shower. Very low pressure but very good hot water. Overall our stay was great. I would stay again!!!
1 night trip May 17, 2013
The room needs a total makeover. Very old, ripped wallpaper, huge cracks in ceiling and walls. Bathtub was filthy with a huge black scum ring. Will never stay there again. Horrible, horrible, very expensive for the quality of the room.
1 night trip Apr 25, 2013
Danielle
"Close to the car sho."
I was not inpressed as the tub was badly stained. and there was no blinds on the windows to block the light it was like daytime all night in the room. stayed 2 nights and the room was not vacumed no soap was replaced. Will not be staying there again.
2 night trip Apr 25, 2013
"High priced for a flea bag motel"
Booked a non-smoking room, was put into a smoking room. Everything in room needed to be wiped down, very dirty!
Other trip Apr 29, 2013
"Nice....great price."
First I requested a smoking room but the stale smell was too much for me. Very nice staff...switched me to a non smoking room. Had a nice breakfast area. Overall ask for non smoking as thosevroom appear to be more updated.
1 night business trip Mar 22, 2013
"well..."
This hotel has outlasted its life expectancy. From a structural standpoint...so...I think it is making it difficult on the owner to do much without spending some serious money. Overall I felt safe and the place gets lots of snowbirds going up or down from Florida...comfortable bed and pillows...thats about it...you can figure out the rest...it was fairly clean not spotless...
1 night trip Mar 26, 2013
"Close to I81"
Good clean hotel with easy access to the interstate.
1 night trip Mar 15, 2013
"Wonderful place just off the highway!"
The staff was great! The bed was comfortable. A smoker had obviously stayed in our non-smoking room--- Staff did offer to move us, but at that hour, all I wanted was sleep! The bathroom was VERY clean- no yucky marks on anything! The Wi-Fi worked very well. There is even a great restaurant across the street. I would DEFINITELY stay here again!
1 night trip Mar 2, 2013
Jacquie J
"Good for its price range"
I reserved a low-cost room because I knew we would only be there for a few hours to sleep. While there were a few issues, on the most part, the room was as good or better than I was expecting. The bed seemed clean and was fairly comfortable, the room itself was relatively clean. It was quiet. Check in/out was hassle-free. The bathtub was not exceptionally clean, nor was the bathroom floor. The heat was not on when we got there and it took a couple of hours for the room to warm up. Expect to go elsewhere for breakfast. All in all, again, for the price, it wasn't bad at all. I got a good night's sleep and I would certainly stay there again.
1 night trip Feb 23, 2013
"Get what you pay for"
The room should have been aired out before use, it needed a quick dusting, and once over in the bathroom. Otherwise, the room was acceptable. Staff was helpful and welcoming.
Other trip Jan 25, 2013
Nicole
"bad internet service"
rooms was clean but Internet service was Bad ( keep getting disconnected every 5 min )
Other trip Jan 20, 2013
"Friendly people, pity about the wifi"
Disappointed that wifi failed. I was hoping to do some work. Next morning the receptionist said they had had the problem since they switched to satellite - every time there was heavy rain. The weather wasn't bad at all. They have a problem that needs to be addressed.
1 night trip Jan 14, 2013
"Close to intersecting Interstates"
Staff friendly. Slept well. Great low rate.
1 night trip Dec 23, 2012
"Avoid! Awful!"
Late night staff wouldn't even let me in the lobby without checking my reservation while I stood out in the cold rain.The room was COLD. Heat was turned off. (It was 33 degrees outside and raining heavily.) It warmed up by morning, but.. The blanket was so old and worn it looked like something the Second-Hand Store would refuse. Sheets did not look fresh so we slept on top of the bed cover. You had to flush the toilet 2-3 times for waste to go down and it was slow. Tub was dirty. I know I wasn't paying top dollar but I expected minimum cleanliness standards to be met.
1 night family trip Dec 20, 2012
"The sheets were clean, but...."
It was a cheap please to lay my head for the night. The room was old and the carpet was really old and dirty.
1 night trip Nov 7, 2012
"Super 8 not happy with hotels dot com"
I somehow got shorted 1 night despite reserving and paying for 3. Super 8 would not help and it seemed it was because I booked with hotels .com. I must say that hotels.com came thru for me and got me a room within an hour! Thank you.
3 night trip Oct 3, 2012
"old!!"
the rooms were very run down, not updated, old. rooms were fairly clean but hard to make up for the old plumbing and fixtures ect. staff was friendly and helpful.
1 night trip Oct 6, 2012
"A bit overpriced"
Although the room was comfortable, the hotel is a bit older and I felt overpriced. It was for a weekend when few rooms are available.
2 night trip Oct 5, 2012
Stan C
"It's a super 8"
You get what you pay for. It's a place to shower and sleep.
2 night trip Sep 7, 2012
"Filthy stay"
The room was rundown, bathroom door didn't close, hair in bathtub basically disgusting
1 night business trip Sep 3, 2012
"Good Overall"
I was not expecting much for what I paid for. The room was clean and although the complimentary breakfast was not all that great, it was nice have something before hitting the road.
2 night trip Aug 10, 2012
Annonymous
Room was clean, staff freindly, no problems. They list a pool but it was closed and did not look as if it was used for a while.
1 night trip Aug 24, 2012
Chas
"corvettes at carlisle"
this was the perfect location for attending the event
1 night trip with friends Aug 25, 2012
The room itself was fine, but the carpet felt damp. It was an older hotel/ motel, but probably wouldn't stay at this one again. I did stay at another Super 8, in Gettysburg which was a newer hotel / motel but did not book from Hotels.com (no computer service). This hotel was much nicer, bigger lobby, nice hot tub and indoor pool. The personnel were excellent, polite, courteous and very helpful. Would definitely stay here again
1 night trip Aug 10, 2012
"Handy and Very Satisfactory"
I mean it's a Super 8. While it may not have the amenities that more expensive hotels would, this was a nice, clean, and inexpensive place to spend the night. My wife stayed at another Super 8 not far from here and said that this one had a much nicer breakfast area. The breakfast was minimal but you get what you pay for. This motel was totally satisfactory.
1 night trip Aug 11, 2012
"Should have a better review"
After spending the night before in a horrible Sleep Inn that had a better rating than the Super 8 in Carlisle, we were so pleased and told the management so. I hope my rating will help to improve the Super 8's. And across the street there was a diner that had the best downhome cooking we have eaten in a long time.
1 night trip Jul 11, 2012
Dorothy
"dirty"
The room was dirty. Bathroom had hair from other guests. Staff and check in was good,. but the room grossed me out because it was so dirty.
2 night trip with friends Aug 3, 2012
"Don't let the outside fool you..."
The room was quite cozy and clean. It was pleasant to return to after the car shows at Carlisle.
3 night trip Aug 2, 2012
Gene
"Depends on your needs"
We didn't have a choice as most everything was sold-out due to a motorcycle show/convention. On the highway, but relatively quiet. Non-smoking room smelled like smoke is probably the biggest complaint. Otherwise it was reasonably comfortable. Staff was very pleasant and other lodgers very nice.....lots of families and lots of bikers. Interesting mix. The outside appearance does nothing to heighten anyone's confidence in quality, but luckily it is not as bad inside. Again, the smoke was so off-putting that I had a hard time assessing anything else.
2 night trip Jul 21, 2012