All hotels in Marina, California, United States of America
3280 Dunes Drive, Marina, CA, 93933, United States of America, ‏‎855-239-9223

2.9
"Relax and enjoy"
Walk to the beach, and a great restaurant across the street. the food and service there was also very very good. We had calamari and pot stickers appetizers and bloody marries.
Other trip Dec 18, 2014
"Clean room with easy access."
My room was very clean, and relatively quiet. It is close to the freeway for easy access, as well as close to Marina Beach. The breakfast is fine, not great, but it is there. For the price this is excellent.
1 night family trip Dec 5, 2014
Judy
"Sand Dunes Respite"
Although their location seemed ideal, not far from Monterey & right next to the sand dunes, I was a bit wary of what we would find, as they did have some bad reviews. However, I must say that the staff I dealt with were all very pleasant, professional & friendly during check in & check out. The breakfast area was also very impressive - spacious & very well-stocked with various items for all manner & tastes. If we had had the time to stay longer, we definitely would have tried the hot biscuits & gravy.
Other trip Dec 3, 2014
Brenda
"Misled"
I was disappointed. I felt like I was back in time- like the 1960's. I don't agree with the rating that you have on your site. I would not stay there again.
1 night business trip Nov 27, 2014
"Awful smell, awful room."
Just awful, what more is there to say. just awful I don't know what more there is to say
Traveler
"Nice walk to beach"
Stayed here while visiting my son at the Language Institute. Room rates were fare, and the rooms were kept well enough. Easy access to the beach, a beautiful beach by the way. Not crowded, and no dogs allowed, so a great place to hang out.
"Awesome!!!!!!!"
My wife and I really enjoyed our stay. Breakfast was off the hook!!!!!!!!!!!!
1 night romance trip Nov 8, 2014
"Used to be Motel 8, what do you expect!"
It was OK to stay for a night. I would not expect anything special. Free breakfast and in-room coffee were very nice. Employees at the front desk were friendly.
1 night trip Oct 22, 2014
Dr. Kobe
Front desk staff had NO customer service skills,manager was very rude! Our rooms were okay but listening to other guests, while we waited for ours, was scary. At least 5 complaints ranging from tv not working to filthy rooms,
Other trip Oct 15, 2014
"Good value at a great location."
Very clean, very nice hotel although our room was a bit smaller than expected. Bed was comfortable and the tv was large with a good selection of channels. Water pressure was good in the shower. Minor negatives were no ice machine on 3rd floor and the one on 1st floor was out of order. Also breakfast room was small and crowded at breakfast time, but everyone said the food was good. (we passed to save time) Plenty of parking and very close to the state park and other beaches. Would definitely stay here again.
3 night romance trip Oct 9, 2014
"Never again"
It was easy enough to check in, the lady at the desk was not exactly friendly, but got us checked in with no problems. The place looks nice from the outside, and has a spa, also very close to a beach, but with no view. That pretty much sums up any amenities. For a hundred dollar a night room, we got one tiny room with a bed that was terrible to try to sleep on. It was the worst mattress I've ever spent the night on. The room wasn't terrible, but was it as good as it should have been for the cost? Not really.
Other trip Oct 13, 2014
"Acceptable for a short stay"
The location was wonderful, you are just a short walk to the beach. The hotel itself was fairly run down, it really needs to be updated, and the shower ran hot and cold in the mornings. But it was acceptable for our short stay.
2 night trip with friends Oct 9, 2014
Judy
"Great for only sleeping"
We went down for the breakfast early and it was packed with people, so I did not get to have the breakfast, which was very disappointing.
1 night romance trip Oct 10, 2014
One thing was the toilet would run for 10 mins after u flushed the toilet. Told the office staff about the toilet but did not fix. The breakfast room was dark,dreary and small. The breakfast was just ok not special. Would run out of food too. Will not stay there again. The stuff was nice and the room was clean but small. It was nice being so close to state beach. Did not see any whales.
3 night trip Oct 4, 2014
JL
"Worst breakfast experience"
A very small canteen, we've follow a long queue even for a piece of bread. Room carpet is old and dirty.
Other trip Oct 6, 2014
Ben
"worsest , pay to much for nothing"
Do toy want to know after the rating? Very old facility , no managing, not healthy, to expensive for the quality. My recommendation : tears down , and built new .inclidung the managing. .
2 night family trip Sep 25, 2014
hernan
"Bugs in the Bed"
The first night was horrible: uncomfortable mattresses, stains on bedding, and we found several bugs (beetles of some sort) on the pillow and underneath the top sheet of one of the beds. My wife and daughters were grossed out. Hotels.com responded to our complaints by giving us a credit toward our next reservation. I am satisfied with their response. But the hotel manager was less than compassionate, offering excuses instead of apologies. She moved us to another room for our second night. This second room was larger, cleaner and had more comfortable mattresses. The second night was much better than the first, but there is no excuse for the hotel not somehow reimbursing us for our first night's stay.
2 night family trip Oct 1, 2014
Davis Family
"Could use a little work."
Staff is courteous and friendly. Rooms are small and cramped. Rooms could use a little update. Refrigerator had not been cleaned and smelled like rotten broccoli.
1 night family trip Sep 28, 2014
Terry
"A Short Walk to the Beach"
Adequate room in need of an update. Clean. Staff was friendly. Breakfast was basic but worked for me. If you want something more Denny's is a short walk or drive away. The proximity to the beach is the real standout feature of this location. It is walking distance, less than a 1/4 mile. Great opportunity for sunset viewing and a walk on the beach in the morning. Request a room away from the stairs. Footfall noise on stairs was an issue for me. At times I wanted to open the door and say привет as was certain the Russian Army was passing by.
1 night trip Sep 27, 2014
Gatortim
"Motel 6 Revisted"
The room was equivilant to a Motel 6 with dirty carpet, hole in the ceiling, no hot water in the sink and the window frame fell down when I tried to open the window. I would not recommend this motel to anyone. Especially as expensive as it was.
1 night trip Sep 27, 2014
Rexanne Holland
On the upside: Great friendly Front Desk staff. On the downside: The room was in dire need of an upgrade. It smelled, old carpet - wore either my socks or flip flops the entire time I was in the room or bath.
Other trip Sep 28, 2014
Laurel
"Stayed here once before. Great area. Nice place."
Rested comfortably. Enjoyed surrounding areas. Everything we came to enjoy was close by.
Other trip Sep 22, 2014
Very comfortable and clean. Located across the street from a resort with a restaurant and the beach. Easy to find and not far from stores and restaurants. Walls and doors canceled noise well. The staff was very friendly. Breakfast was included and sported pastries, cereal, waffles, toast, hard-boiled eggs, and biscuits and gravy. Office is open 24 hours with an always full coffee pot and even offered things such as toothbrushes and razors. I wish the pool was open past 10pm though, and depending where your room is, if you are a smoker finding the designated areas may be a little confusing at first. Also, while there are plenty of staircases, making it easy to get to your room, there are no elevators which may be problematic if you have heavy bags.
1 night romance trip Sep 15, 2014
Seventhguard
The hotel itself is nothing special. Normal hotel bed, small room with an old crt tv, and a bathroom. Not bad, but not worth getting excited over. What I love about the hotel is the location (and the breakfast). It's just off the highway, but on a small road away from the city and within walking distance of a nice, quiet beach. It's a nice cheap place to get away from it all. p.s. the breakfast was great! Donuts, hard boiled eggs, biscuts and gravy, ect.
2 night trip Sep 12, 2014
Nick
"nice location"
Everything was nice, except the breakfast room was way too small for such a large property. The one attendant was scurrying constantly to keep up with keeping the trays full, and there was very little seating available.
1 night trip Sep 13, 2014
Glenda
For the price that's what I got. the front desk hanged up the phone when I complaint 2nd time for smoke detector was keep peeping,but they fixed it and that's all I was concern.
Other trip Sep 15, 2014
"Great Place"
Super friendly staff!!! The Manger there is over the TOP helpful!!!! I would recommend this Hotel! Close to the beach and great resturant Kula's Steakhouse across the street.
1 night trip Sep 7, 2014
Robbin Bradley
"Nice for the price."
Nice staff. Felt clean. Some things in the room are a little outdated and beat up but it was a good price.
Other trip Sep 8, 2014
Austin
"Close to beach...that's about all it is."
Don't waste your money here...toilet didn't flush, water didn't hold temperature, hair all over the toilet seat...need I say more? Didn't even offer to switch rooms for us when they had rooms available. Do not stay here.
Other trip Sep 8, 2014
Justin
"Good trip"
The hotel was in a great location and the staff provided outstanding suggestions for exploring the surrounding area.
1 night trip Aug 31, 2014
it was ok. being the labor day weekend. price was to much for the room we got
1 night trip Aug 30, 2014
Great location very close to the beach
"Great Hotel to Stay"
Hotel was great, front deck employee was very helpful and friendly. Great location to stay.
1 night trip Aug 30, 2014
"Close to beach if willing to sacrifice comfort"
Rooms are outdated and even come with a classy tube television. We stayed a Friday & Saturday night for labor day weekend 2014. On Friday the power went out in the middle of the night and the smoke alarm would not stop beeping, the phones also did not work and the lobby would not answer when calling from my cell. I had to take down the smoke alarm and unplug it from the power source in the ceiling. The power receptacle next to vanity did not work and the coffee maker had not been cleaned. The bathroom tub was also not cleaned and the bed comforter looked dirty.
Other trip Sep 1, 2014
ricksvip
"It worked"
Nice location,needs remodel,rats or other in my rooms ceiling, and a bit over priced.
2 night trip Aug 22, 2014
"I loved it!"
My boyfriend and I had to stay here for a few days because our apartment wasn't ready when we had to move. The staff was super friendly and the accommodations were nice. Room was small but manageable. Breakfast was yummy!
2 night trip Aug 23, 2014
Avoree
"Dirty room and horrible staff"
I would like to Sadat that something has came array. My stays here in the past were adequate. This last weekend was horrible. The staff are very incompetent especially for Emily. She worked at front desk for night check in . She was very rude and unfriendly I really hope she is not employed there much longer otherwise I do not plan on a return visit.
1 night business trip Aug 24, 2014
Josh
Room was small and outdated. No extra blankets or pillows. Bedding smelled highly of bleach.
Other trip Aug 25, 2014
Becca
"Good freeway access"
TV was on the verge of not working. Bed was very uncomfortable. The breakfast room was poorly lit, small and very uninviting. The coffee was bad
Other trip Aug 25, 2014
"Clean but overpriced"
Hotel and room was nice an clean. There is an oversized hot tub which was nice until the kids at this hotel turned it into a pool which it is not. We booked this at the last minute in the summer/peak season, so the price we paid was way over what a 2 star hotel normally is, even at California rates.
1 night trip Aug 2, 2014
we booked a room with 2 beds, told on arrival that there was only one room left and we'd have to share a bed!
Other trip Aug 18, 2014
"Good value, Almost beachfront"
I was apprehensive about staying in this hotel based on the reviews I read. However, we had a good experience for the two nights we stayed. Compared to the rates of other beachfront hotels, this is a good value if you're not looking for bells and whistles. We loved the hotel's location--within a very short walking distance of the beach and close enough to hear the waves at night with our window open. Check-in was a smooth, easy process. Clerk lady was very friendly. Our room wasn't glamorous or large by any means, but it was clean and met our needs. We did partake of the free breakfast, and they had everything we wanted. My only real complaint about the hotel is its condition. Its age is showing, and it badly needs some repairs. The staircase near our room had some rotting wood, and one of the steps had metal flashing that was rusty and sticking out a bit. This could very easily be a trip hazard for somebody not paying attention or carrying a suitcase up and down the stairs. The location of this hotel is really great, so I hope the owner will put some money into making the much needed repairs.
2 night romance trip Aug 8, 2014
Elle
"Last time"
Over the past few years we have stayed at this facility over 2 dozen times. This was the second visit with in 3 weeks. The staff was surly and unreasonable. The room had hair clips, tooth picks in the carpet. Strangest of all the hot water in the shower would not stay constant temp. Fluctuating hot, cold warm and back again. The ice maker was out of order. The hotel wasn't full and will have one less room occupied next time we visit that area.
1 night romance trip Jul 31, 2014
Ken
"Nice Hotel, Good location, Right Price"
Really like the location of the hotel. The staff was helpful and polite. The rooms are small and our king size bed was old and uneven. No pool, only a hot tub that seemed to double as a kiddie pool. But overall, for the price, a good choice with great access to a wonderful beach.
1 night family trip Jul 29, 2014
RikiTikiTavi
"Manager needs to be fired!"
The room is typical Comfort Inn-The Manager is HORRIBLE. The last time we stayed here she was rude, condescending and just down right unprofessional..I decided to not give a bad review becuase i thought it was just a bad day..WRONG-she was again very rude and unprofessional not only to us but the next group of people who just happened to be foreigners (hope they do not base the USA on their encounter with this Manager)..Will not stay here again unless they fire the manager!! Fire sprinkler is and obviously has beed leaking for a long time right above the stairway to the 2nd floor-bed very hard-RUDE manager-NO Thanks-I'll pay a little more to stay next door at the BW.
2 night trip Jul 26, 2014
"OVERPRICED"
Room was clean but very small. Pretty quiet. Manager was very rudy at check in. No Elevator in a 3 story hotel.
1 night trip Jul 19, 2014
""It's old""
The hotel is located right off Hwy 1 so it's situated in a fairly decent spot. The hotel itself is very dated and the rooms were old and smelled bad. The TV didn't work in my room, so they moved me to another room which needed a new sink and shower.... Not worth the money, for another 30.00 dollars I could have stayed at the Hotel Pacific which is a 4 star hotel.
1 night business trip Jul 18, 2014
Dr. G!
"@@beware@@ This is a -1 star hotel@@"
Rooms smelled, had a "suite" family vacation, two rooms oddly joined buy the entrance door only. In one room the AC did not work,upon arrival we turned on both units, left for a few hours came back one room cool the other not, called front desk, they seemed almost confused as how to respond. Employee told me manager on the phone, she will talk to her and see want she "wants" to do....tick tick... 20 mins later nothing I call again, no apology, just told oh the manager now left the office and she did not get to speak with her, she will try again. More time goes by, maintenance comes looks at filters, turn the buttons and says he will be back, and you would assume at this point problem would somehow be remedied, we'll you would be wrong, we were ignored. Call a few hours later, told employee of situation and how five hours later we are still waiting, the reply was I don't know, I will check..tick tick day one and no response, we slept with the doors to each room open so the AC from one room could cool both. We stayed two nights, never had a manager contact us, maintenance never came back either. 2nd left room at 7am arrived back at 345pm...room not cleaned! Horrible service, smelly room, not well kept, and they do not care at all. I recommend you pay a little more in monterey to get something better, I have learnt my lesson.
2 night family trip Jul 18, 2014
"First and Last"
Our first and last stay....the room smelled terrible and the bed was extremely uncomfortable.
Other trip Jul 21, 2014
Chase
"Not good. At All."
I can only use 1500 characters here. Not enough to say how bad this place is. First, the person at the front desk was personally offensive and unprofessional. Second, the housekeeping didn't visit our room. Third, I told the manager about the room and she pretty much called me a liar when I explained the "Do Not Disturb" sign had never been hung up. Fourth, the air conditioning unit made loud noises all night making it hard to sleep. Fifth, the manager was rude when I tried to get a late check out. She also said the hotel had no vacancy the next night, but I could rent it for another night if I really wanted the late check out which is inconsistent with it being filled up. I would not stay here again. I would not let anyone I know stay there either.
2 night trip Jul 10, 2014