All hotels in Marina, California, United States of America
You can collect Hotels.com® Rewards nights here3280 Dunes Drive, Marina, CA, 93933, United States of America, ‏‎855-239-9223

2.9
"Motel 6 Revisted"
The room was equivilant to a Motel 6 with dirty carpet, hole in the ceiling, no hot water in the sink and the window frame fell down when I tried to open the window. I would not recommend this motel to anyone. Especially as expensive as it was.
1 night trip Sep 27, 2014
Rexanne Holland
On the upside: Great friendly Front Desk staff. On the downside: The room was in dire need of an upgrade. It smelled, old carpet - wore either my socks or flip flops the entire time I was in the room or bath.
Other trip Sep 28, 2014
Laurel
"Stayed here once before. Great area. Nice place."
Rested comfortably. Enjoyed surrounding areas. Everything we came to enjoy was close by.
Other trip Sep 22, 2014
Very comfortable and clean. Located across the street from a resort with a restaurant and the beach. Easy to find and not far from stores and restaurants. Walls and doors canceled noise well. The staff was very friendly. Breakfast was included and sported pastries, cereal, waffles, toast, hard-boiled eggs, and biscuits and gravy. Office is open 24 hours with an always full coffee pot and even offered things such as toothbrushes and razors. I wish the pool was open past 10pm though, and depending where your room is, if you are a smoker finding the designated areas may be a little confusing at first. Also, while there are plenty of staircases, making it easy to get to your room, there are no elevators which may be problematic if you have heavy bags.
1 night romance trip Sep 15, 2014
Seventhguard
The hotel itself is nothing special. Normal hotel bed, small room with an old crt tv, and a bathroom. Not bad, but not worth getting excited over. What I love about the hotel is the location (and the breakfast). It's just off the highway, but on a small road away from the city and within walking distance of a nice, quiet beach. It's a nice cheap place to get away from it all. p.s. the breakfast was great! Donuts, hard boiled eggs, biscuts and gravy, ect.
2 night trip Sep 12, 2014
Nick
"nice location"
Everything was nice, except the breakfast room was way too small for such a large property. The one attendant was scurrying constantly to keep up with keeping the trays full, and there was very little seating available.
1 night trip Sep 13, 2014
Glenda
For the price that's what I got. the front desk hanged up the phone when I complaint 2nd time for smoke detector was keep peeping,but they fixed it and that's all I was concern.
Other trip Sep 15, 2014
"Great Place"
Super friendly staff!!! The Manger there is over the TOP helpful!!!! I would recommend this Hotel! Close to the beach and great resturant Kula's Steakhouse across the street.
1 night trip Sep 7, 2014
Robbin Bradley
"Nice for the price."
Nice staff. Felt clean. Some things in the room are a little outdated and beat up but it was a good price.
Other trip Sep 8, 2014
Austin
"Close to beach...that's about all it is."
Don't waste your money here...toilet didn't flush, water didn't hold temperature, hair all over the toilet seat...need I say more? Didn't even offer to switch rooms for us when they had rooms available. Do not stay here.
Other trip Sep 8, 2014
Justin
"Good trip"
The hotel was in a great location and the staff provided outstanding suggestions for exploring the surrounding area.
1 night trip Aug 31, 2014
it was ok. being the labor day weekend. price was to much for the room we got
1 night trip Aug 30, 2014
Great location very close to the beach
"Great Hotel to Stay"
Hotel was great, front deck employee was very helpful and friendly. Great location to stay.
1 night trip Aug 30, 2014
"Close to beach if willing to sacrifice comfort"
Rooms are outdated and even come with a classy tube television. We stayed a Friday & Saturday night for labor day weekend 2014. On Friday the power went out in the middle of the night and the smoke alarm would not stop beeping, the phones also did not work and the lobby would not answer when calling from my cell. I had to take down the smoke alarm and unplug it from the power source in the ceiling. The power receptacle next to vanity did not work and the coffee maker had not been cleaned. The bathroom tub was also not cleaned and the bed comforter looked dirty.
Other trip Sep 1, 2014
ricksvip
"It worked"
Nice location,needs remodel,rats or other in my rooms ceiling, and a bit over priced.
2 night trip Aug 22, 2014
"I loved it!"
My boyfriend and I had to stay here for a few days because our apartment wasn't ready when we had to move. The staff was super friendly and the accommodations were nice. Room was small but manageable. Breakfast was yummy!
2 night trip Aug 23, 2014
Avoree
"Dirty room and horrible staff"
I would like to Sadat that something has came array. My stays here in the past were adequate. This last weekend was horrible. The staff are very incompetent especially for Emily. She worked at front desk for night check in . She was very rude and unfriendly I really hope she is not employed there much longer otherwise I do not plan on a return visit.
1 night business trip Aug 24, 2014
Josh
Room was small and outdated. No extra blankets or pillows. Bedding smelled highly of bleach.
Other trip Aug 25, 2014
Becca
"Good freeway access"
TV was on the verge of not working. Bed was very uncomfortable. The breakfast room was poorly lit, small and very uninviting. The coffee was bad
Other trip Aug 25, 2014
"Clean but overpriced"
Hotel and room was nice an clean. There is an oversized hot tub which was nice until the kids at this hotel turned it into a pool which it is not. We booked this at the last minute in the summer/peak season, so the price we paid was way over what a 2 star hotel normally is, even at California rates.
1 night trip Aug 2, 2014
we booked a room with 2 beds, told on arrival that there was only one room left and we'd have to share a bed!
Other trip Aug 18, 2014
"Good value, Almost beachfront"
I was apprehensive about staying in this hotel based on the reviews I read. However, we had a good experience for the two nights we stayed. Compared to the rates of other beachfront hotels, this is a good value if you're not looking for bells and whistles. We loved the hotel's location--within a very short walking distance of the beach and close enough to hear the waves at night with our window open. Check-in was a smooth, easy process. Clerk lady was very friendly. Our room wasn't glamorous or large by any means, but it was clean and met our needs. We did partake of the free breakfast, and they had everything we wanted. My only real complaint about the hotel is its condition. Its age is showing, and it badly needs some repairs. The staircase near our room had some rotting wood, and one of the steps had metal flashing that was rusty and sticking out a bit. This could very easily be a trip hazard for somebody not paying attention or carrying a suitcase up and down the stairs. The location of this hotel is really great, so I hope the owner will put some money into making the much needed repairs.
2 night romance trip Aug 8, 2014
Elle
"Last time"
Over the past few years we have stayed at this facility over 2 dozen times. This was the second visit with in 3 weeks. The staff was surly and unreasonable. The room had hair clips, tooth picks in the carpet. Strangest of all the hot water in the shower would not stay constant temp. Fluctuating hot, cold warm and back again. The ice maker was out of order. The hotel wasn't full and will have one less room occupied next time we visit that area.
1 night romance trip Jul 31, 2014
Ken
"Nice Hotel, Good location, Right Price"
Really like the location of the hotel. The staff was helpful and polite. The rooms are small and our king size bed was old and uneven. No pool, only a hot tub that seemed to double as a kiddie pool. But overall, for the price, a good choice with great access to a wonderful beach.
1 night family trip Jul 29, 2014
RikiTikiTavi
"Manager needs to be fired!"
The room is typical Comfort Inn-The Manager is HORRIBLE. The last time we stayed here she was rude, condescending and just down right unprofessional..I decided to not give a bad review becuase i thought it was just a bad day..WRONG-she was again very rude and unprofessional not only to us but the next group of people who just happened to be foreigners (hope they do not base the USA on their encounter with this Manager)..Will not stay here again unless they fire the manager!! Fire sprinkler is and obviously has beed leaking for a long time right above the stairway to the 2nd floor-bed very hard-RUDE manager-NO Thanks-I'll pay a little more to stay next door at the BW.
2 night trip Jul 26, 2014
"OVERPRICED"
Room was clean but very small. Pretty quiet. Manager was very rudy at check in. No Elevator in a 3 story hotel.
1 night trip Jul 19, 2014
""It's old""
The hotel is located right off Hwy 1 so it's situated in a fairly decent spot. The hotel itself is very dated and the rooms were old and smelled bad. The TV didn't work in my room, so they moved me to another room which needed a new sink and shower.... Not worth the money, for another 30.00 dollars I could have stayed at the Hotel Pacific which is a 4 star hotel.
1 night business trip Jul 18, 2014
Dr. G!
"@@beware@@ This is a -1 star hotel@@"
Rooms smelled, had a "suite" family vacation, two rooms oddly joined buy the entrance door only. In one room the AC did not work,upon arrival we turned on both units, left for a few hours came back one room cool the other not, called front desk, they seemed almost confused as how to respond. Employee told me manager on the phone, she will talk to her and see want she "wants" to do....tick tick... 20 mins later nothing I call again, no apology, just told oh the manager now left the office and she did not get to speak with her, she will try again. More time goes by, maintenance comes looks at filters, turn the buttons and says he will be back, and you would assume at this point problem would somehow be remedied, we'll you would be wrong, we were ignored. Call a few hours later, told employee of situation and how five hours later we are still waiting, the reply was I don't know, I will check..tick tick day one and no response, we slept with the doors to each room open so the AC from one room could cool both. We stayed two nights, never had a manager contact us, maintenance never came back either. 2nd left room at 7am arrived back at 345pm...room not cleaned! Horrible service, smelly room, not well kept, and they do not care at all. I recommend you pay a little more in monterey to get something better, I have learnt my lesson.
2 night family trip Jul 18, 2014
"First and Last"
Our first and last stay....the room smelled terrible and the bed was extremely uncomfortable.
Other trip Jul 21, 2014
Chase
"Not good. At All."
I can only use 1500 characters here. Not enough to say how bad this place is. First, the person at the front desk was personally offensive and unprofessional. Second, the housekeeping didn't visit our room. Third, I told the manager about the room and she pretty much called me a liar when I explained the "Do Not Disturb" sign had never been hung up. Fourth, the air conditioning unit made loud noises all night making it hard to sleep. Fifth, the manager was rude when I tried to get a late check out. She also said the hotel had no vacancy the next night, but I could rent it for another night if I really wanted the late check out which is inconsistent with it being filled up. I would not stay here again. I would not let anyone I know stay there either.
2 night trip Jul 10, 2014
Ryan
Good place to stay for just sleep. Easy to find.
1 night trip Jul 5, 2014
It was great...................................................
Other trip Jul 10, 2014
"centrally located to Monterey to Moss LAnding"
We have stayed two times , both for business trip. I like the location because the Marina State Beach is right there to enjoy, as well as centrally located for most peninsula spots. The room was clean and towels nice. The interior design needs remodeling but for the age of the building, I feel the upkeep in pretty good.
1 night trip Jul 4, 2014
Linda Best
nice location, close to everything we wanted to do
Not taken care of. Stairs leading up to the room are falling apart. I think it's termites. Bathtub was dirty. Looked like stuff must'v e fell down from the sprinklers above the tub. Not a picky person since I decided to stay at a two star hotel. It just felt like everything you touched was dirty. The weather in Marina sucks. ALWAYS cloudy and cold.
Other trip Jul 6, 2014
"Not what I expected"
The shift attendant Monique was very nice. My husband was very disappointed when we got to the room because the bed sheets weren't clean so we were moved to another room. There was stuff under the bed from previous guest, the hotel absolutely needs some upgrades for the rooms and the employees absolutely need to put more attention to detail, you can tell by things like that they are not happy employees. Management needs to get to work, hotel pricing is to high for what guests get.
1 night family trip Jun 27, 2014
Lilia
"Hotel of ill repute"
We reserved this hotel one evening as it was the last one left in the area that wasn't over $200. When we checked in, a fellow drove up to the reservation desk, said he was done with the room and left. The front desk gal told us he just checked in about an hour before. Moral of the story is that the hotel had a feel for extracurricular activities.
1 night trip Jun 21, 2014
Ned Flanders
"Good location but room accommodations out of date"
Not too bad of a place to stay, but room accommodations were a little outdated.
3 night business trip May 14, 2014
"Noisy and overpriced"
Thin walls, outdated rooms and uncomfortable bed. Very noisy due to thin walls. Expensive for condition of hotel.
1 night trip Jun 14, 2014
"Close to beautiful beach dunes"
Very friendly customer service when checking in. The hotel is most affordable in the area and close to Monterey, cannery row, lovers point and surrounding area's.
1 night family trip Jun 7, 2014
Miss Sandoval
"Not the best room"
There was mold in the bathroom and cobwebs around
1 night trip May 31, 2014
"Wonderful Weekend stay"
The front desk staff was very helpful. Location was great. Only thing was it could use a little upkeep. I'll be staying here again next time I'm in the area
2 night trip May 30, 2014
Excellent room for our golfing foursome. Adjoining room with four beds and two baths.
2 night trip May 30, 2014
"Motel 6 would have been a better choice"
Staff was friendly...very outdated rooms, the window was frosted over, the breakfast room was a joke.
1 night trip May 31, 2014
Rose
I thought I was making a "RESERVATION". Not pay for the room 3 weeks in advance. You fooled me. I won't forget.
1 night trip May 24, 2014
"close to ocean & Monterey"
convenient to Monterey and freeways.
2 night trip May 24, 2014
"Convenient location, close to beach. Small pool."
Convenient location, close to beach. Small swim pool, small breakfast room.
Other trip May 27, 2014
"Expensive rates but easy walk to the beach"
Extremely high room rates for the room esp on weekends where even a small event is taking place BUT we have stay here several times to save $$$ even with higher rates it's still cheaper than rooms in Monterey. We would stay here again. Less than a block from the beach
Other trip May 26, 2014
Weaver
"Mediocre"
This one wasn't bad in any specific way, but nothing was great, either. The breakfast is a "don't bother", and room/building maintenance was underwhelming. Nothing was really terrible, but they just don't put a lot of effort into the place. On the other hand, I actually slept better the two nights I was here than I do at home.
2 night business trip May 16, 2014