All hotels in Aiken, South Carolina, United States of America
2577 Whiskey Rd, Aiken, SC, 29803-7947, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

2.4
    2.9
    2.5
    2.3
"pleased"
I was there fora softball tournament,but the stay was pleasant
1 night business trip Mar 21, 2015
This place was terrible. Old, dirty, run down, messy, just nasty in a nut shell. I would not recommend this place to no one ! ! !
Other trip Mar 16, 2015
Micahel
"type of place that shoud rent by the hour!"
Room smelled pretty bad. I turned on the air conditioner to try and get fresh air in just made smell worse. the air unit was full of dead bugs and black stuff. there was a dirty rag in the shower. and black I guess mildew in the shower it wiped off with my finger which shows they don't even try to clean the shower. The blanket had some crusty stuff on it (I don't even wanna think about what that was). the bed was super hard. just all around gross hotel. decent Breakfast
1 night romance trip Feb 14, 2015
Marcus
"Staff nice"
Staff nice; furnishings poor; toilet did not work right.
Other trip Feb 11, 2015
ok Room was clean. Asked for wake up call for 6:30 AM and my room was called at 4:30 AM. I went to the front desk at 5:00 AM and asked when my wake up was suppose to be and clerk said there was no scheduled wake up call and no one my room. Not happy with answer. Who called my room then? If you made a mistake, then admit it.
Other trip Dec 14, 2014
"Nice hotel and great value!"
We checked in and were very pleased and surprised at the cleanliness and condition of this property. This was our first stay at this chain and were very impressed. The front desk staff were really concerned about our comfort and made sure our stay was to our satisfaction. The rooms were very comfortable, big and fresh... No cigarette smell in the non smoking room as we found in the chain room we stayed in the night before. The breakfast was good and I recommend this property to anyone looking for a clean and comfortable room at a great value in this area.
Ruby
"Shocked"
The hotel put a hold on my card freezing 150.00 in my acct! I was NOT notified of this procedure or i would have used another means of payment. This was a duplicidous practice and most unfair to the customer that has other financial oblicgations! Will not stay there again.
1 night trip Oct 10, 2014
Cynthia
"My worst hotel stay ever."
The hotel was in a horrible state. The mattresses were flat. The TV didn't work. This was my worst hotel stay ever.
1 night trip Oct 7, 2014
"Poor conditions"
The hotel was very unclean, smelled of smoke, even in a smoke free room. The air went of and on. The chairs in the room were filthy. The toilet was not clean. The hallway floor was not clean. The hotel is in a good location for shopping and eating purposes. The price was reasonable.
1 night trip Sep 27, 2014
ATL
Stay was for 1 night only. Staff was nice and helpful. Room had an odor but was easily taken care of with febreeze. Had to use the door in the front to access our room which was located in the very rear of hotel. Back door did not work with our keys. We were left with only one way into the Hotel. Shower was not clean but other than that I was satisfied. And the room was one of the cheapest I could find. Would not recommend a stay longer than 2 nights, but it was ok for just 1 night.
1 night trip Aug 16, 2014
Worse hotel stay I have ever had. Purchased my own sheet for the bed.
7 night trip Jul 11, 2014
Hicks
"Was a decent stay"
It was a friendly greeter when I checked in and the overall service was alright just minor issues. For one the remote to the television was a bit annoying. I had to have two different ones. One for sound and other for channel. I ran into bits of cigarette ashes on the hot tub and on the bed. I'm assuming the room wasn't checked before I arrived. Other than that it was peaceful. I stayed in room 201 for a night. I've been at this hotel before just never ran into this type of issues. The front desk however was friendly , fast, and assuring when I has key card problems.
1 night business trip Jun 1, 2014
Aaliyah P.
"Pay Extra for a CLEAN Hotel"
Booked this hotel to attend a friend's out of town wedding. Got to the place and was checked in by an unfriendly staff member at the desk who acted like she had no idea I had even booked the room to begin with. Go to look at the room, which was supposed to be non-smoking, to find that it was dirty and reeked of smoke. The entire carpeted area around the hotel appeared as if it hadn't been vacuumed in at least a week. Rather than tough it out, I choose to leave. Not only was I unhappy with the room but I was also not happy with the service. I do not recommend this hotel.
2 night trip May 16, 2014
I will come back
3 night trip May 6, 2014
"should have been better"
The location was in a great location. it was close to restaurants and to a Target. Being close to Target was good because i felt the need to go buy a can of Lysol. i refused to stay in the first room given me because it was dirty, there were three big stains on the wall and it smelled. The funiture was extremely run down. the second room they gave me was a suite. Sweet, but it two was dirty. Everything was dirty. no one had cleaned this room properly in a long time. it is sad that they would let this hotel go like this and still rent rooms. The lobby was nice looking, but all the other pics of this hotel on line are deceptive. The people that worked there were nice, pleasant and accomodating. the owners should not be allowed to own this hotel.
2 night trip Apr 24, 2014
Patty
"Hotel was close to event."
When we arrived, THEY DID NOT HAVE A ROOM RESERVED FOR US. We handed them the CONFIRMATION NOTICE and no reservation was available. Thank goodness it was an off time and they were able to rush and get a room ready for us. This hotel could use a make over. There was evidence of water damage on the hallway ceilings and tiles were left open and needed to be replaced.
Other trip Apr 30, 2014
"Worst hotel I ever stayed in.. Nothing was right"
Room was in state of neglect, was filthy, smelled dirty, and we could not wait to leave. It was hard to imagine that the room could be that bad!
Other trip Apr 15, 2014
"Masters week"
Not a bad place to stay when down for the masters. Somewhat cheap compared to other hotels within 30-40 minutes of Augusta.
4 night trip Apr 7, 2014
"awesome"
It was nice.
1 night romance trip Apr 5, 2014
"27 miles to Augusta"
Just ok. We were so tired at the end of the day we just wanted to sleep
Other trip Apr 11, 2014
Ended up with higher cost then initially quoted. Overr all property needs a lot of updating
1 night trip with friends Apr 7, 2014
"dirty unkempt"
The beds are very uncomfortable even though there was a brand new mattress. Cleaning Lady threw a plastic bag with clean towels into the door onto the sofa. Overall the floors were very dirty and not vacuumed
3 night family trip Apr 2, 2014
Only thing I didnt like was beds were not comfortable. .and breakfast didnt appeal..
1 night trip Mar 29, 2014
"Not good! We arrived on our check in date only to"
no reservation at the hotel. Even with our confirmation number. The worst from desk gal and the worst looking hotel and cllientel. We ended up leaving after checking back every hour to see if they found our reservation which was paid for thru Expedia in advance. Never ever again will we book a hotel at this awful motel.
Other trip Mar 5, 2014
"Not very clean"
Beds uncomfortable and bed linen were dirty. Bathroom shower had not been cleaned and floor was filthy. Room was covered in dust, I'm positive I won't stay there again
Other trip Feb 24, 2014
"Our Stay!"
We stay here quiet often. Always an enjoyable time. Staff is always very nice.
Other trip Feb 10, 2014
"Good Price"
Lots of food places and stores nearby. The breakfast had a lot to chose from with healthy to sweets available. The room was OK, could have been cleaner with a better mattress but for the price it's what I expected.
2 night business trip Jan 30, 2014
THE STAY WAS RATHER OKAY. DIDN'T LIKE THE ATMOSPHERE, HAD A SMELL IN ROOM, AND I WAS NOT IMPRESSED WITH BREAKFAST. BIGGEST PROBLEM WAS PAID ON LINE NIGHT BEFORE AND WHEN I ARRIVED AFTER LONG DRIVE AND JOB IN AIKEN...... I WAS CHARGED AGAIN FOR THE ROOM I PAID FOR NIGHT BEFORE. EVEN WITH A CONFIRMATION..... WON'T STAY THERE AGAIN...
1 night trip Jan 8, 2014
1 night trip with friends Sep 1, 2013

TripAdvisor reviews for Americas Best Value Inn

"A great visit"
06/24/15 Namless_in_the_usa
Was greeted by a very welcoming staff. They made sure all of our needs were tended to without making any fuss. I would definitely stay there again. For an older hotel, I was very happy with our room. We didn't have any issues or complaints with our stay there. I would recommend this hotel if you're looking for a reasonable place to stay with reasonable rates.
"Miss Habersham"
05/30/15 Matthew G Athens, Georgia
Dirty room. After seeing it, walked to Target and bought sheets and pillows since I had already booked and couldn't get a refund. You get the feeling this staff makes no effort. No effort in cleaning, painting, remodeling anything. The signs of it being a former Super 8 are everywhere. You know it is bad when it couldn't cut being a Super 8. No smoking room was smoky, the least of the room's problems.
"Stayed for a weekend and that maybe have been too long"
04/22/15 jacks912 Fort Benning, Georgia
Upon entering the hotel we are greeted by an employee reading a tshirt "Keep talking, I'll nod and look like I'm listening." We then find out our hotel reservations thru hotwire have been cancelled. He asks to have a credit card for incidentals until we get it sorted out. Instead he charged us in full for two nights. We finally get into our fairly clean rooms. The furnishings could do with an update and a little more time can be spent on the cleaning. There is no alarm clock. Throughout the night we get to experience the wafting smell of marijauna from the hall along with people screaming up and down it. Breakfast was a joke. They had one type of cereal, frozen bagels and bread. No coffee to be found. We did come back for the night since we paid in full thru hotwire. The evening was going well until the manager asked us not to leave our rooms because they have the police coming to escort a few guests out of the hotel. So then for the remainder of the evening we had police in the parking lot. The night was just as loud as the night before and the breakfast failed to improve. Upon check out we did not receive a bill.
"Good location, but..."
04/01/15 Michael E Granville
This used to be a Super 8, but it hasn't improved with the name change. Room needs to be repainted, the TV wasn't set up and did not work at all; there were no tissues in the compartment. The desk clerk was friendly, but staying only 1 night, and spending time in the room, we didn't mind too much. The beds were soft - probably old mattresses - , and the furniture was somewhat beat up. Breakfast as "hot", if you mean coffee, tea, grits, toast or bagels. There were 3 kinds of cold cereal. It fit our price range, and was located near the relative we were visiting. I would stay there again, but only if they put some money into maintenance and renovation. There are other hotels nearby. We'll try one of those next time.
"Horrible Hotel "
03/30/15 Shaneka J
I stayed at this hotel from March 22 to March 25, the staff was not very helpful the shower curtain in the bathroom was raggedy and after the staff was informed it still was not changed. If I was able to post pics of the shower I would. I was due to stay from March 22 to May 1 and I ended up leaving early and requesting a refund and that was a major hassle. My advice is DO NOT STAY HERE; THEY ARE HORRIBLE!!!!
"Friendly humble and excellent quality staff"
03/24/15 Groovili
My mother and I were in aiken to get away and relax.We tried all over aiken for a motel and stumbled upon loud seedy trashy classless sleazy ones.I looked on line and found America's best value inn.When I called the gentleman was very professional and understood what I was looking for in a motel.We found peace and relaxation and I thank him and the two ladies at the desk for a clean room and a nice visit.Anyone visiting aiken SHOULD stay there but stay away from west aiken.
"Bad hotel - has major potential though!"
12/17/14 truthful r
The hotel is pretty bad as it exists. It's got no pride being taken in it. It could use some tub refinishing, new tiles in the bathroom, new carpet, new furniture, new tv's, etc. It clearly has never had any of this done to it since day 1. Truly has a lot of potential. But I would not stay there unless all of this was done first.
"Stay Away"
09/05/14 Barry E Wilmington, North Carolina
We stayed at America's worst run hotel a few weeks ago. The room was dirty, lamps broken, tv from 80's, and outdated to say the least. The staff was nice however they had nothing to work with. Didn't even have towels!
"Worst motel ever!!!!"
08/25/14 stephanie l Wilmington, North Carolina
Our family was there for a soccer tournament. Our teams were assigned this motel by the tournament directors. We did not have much of a choice but to stay at our assigned motel. Otherwise, we would have checked out after seeing the room. There were roaches on the floor. The floors had obviously not been vacuumed in some time. The A/C unit started emitting a burning odor at 2am!! The continental breakfast was pitiful. There were actually two loaves of Sunbeam bread just set out on the serving table for toast. It was cheap, but you would expect any motel to be cleaner. The staff offered to comp our next visit there. We told them not to bother. We will camp out at the soccer fields before we set foot in this dump again!!!!!!!!! Do not stay there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
"Not clean!"
08/24/14 Tina B
I would not recommend anyone staying there. Room was not clean. There were bedbugs found in the room. The bathroom was not cleaned. Old furniture. Not sure how they can stay open. I will never stay there.