All hotels in Fort Lauderdale, Florida, United States of America
You can collect Welcome Rewards® nights here4040 Galt Ocean Drive, Fort Lauderdale, FL, 33308, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

2.6
    2.7
    2.7
    2.2
"on beach and close to everything"
nice floor--no carpet. very clean. comfortable bed. had street view with window across entire width of room--very open and spacious room. nice shower. able to walk to stores and restaurants. nicely located on beach. surprised at resort fee--but ok with it as everything was nice. parking fee was reasonable. had one problem and it was handled very promptly and efficiently. will definitely stay again if in the area.
2 night family trip Dec 11, 2013
Kathie
"this hotel is fuckj"
i stayed 4 night the service was worse every day the last day somethings disapeared in my room
4 night trip Nov 26, 2013
claudinei
"great hotel"
Nice get away but they never have towels other then that its my own lil hide out
1 night business trip Nov 15, 2013
"This hotel needs a facelift!"
The view & tiki hut are the only attractive parts of this hotel. The room was from 1952 with a tub that felt like I was going to fall through.
4 night trip Nov 10, 2013
chris
"BATHROOM"
The room was great but the bathroom tiny and a little on the grungy side.The Tv did not work and would have appreciated a coffee maker in the room.Also no info on hotel facilities, check out time etc in the room.However, loved the balcony with Ocean View.
1 night trip Nov 14, 2013
Corinne
Every room is different so you cant tell from the pics posted on the website what you are going to get. In our case the room was dingy and very outdated. Nothing worked right. They sent an electrician to our room 5 minutes after we checked in because most of the lights would not turn on. Furniture was old but ok. Bathrooms were terrible and the faucet in both showers were busted. The water would go back and forth between cold and hot. Location is good with just a few minute walk to the pier and a small downtown. Also just a 10 minute drive to most anywhere in lauderdale. The pool and tiki bar have a nice setup and provide a good place to relax if you dont feel like leaving the hotel. Overall I will spend a little more money next time and stay somewhere better.
2 night business trip Nov 1, 2013
Ryan
"Needs Major Work"
The Staff did the best that they could, but the rooms that we were shown were in very poor shape, one had the electrical box correded, there was incects in the room, the Refrigerator was rusted and the icemaker was making yellow ice. The one room we finely stayed in had NO AIR CONDITIONING at all, the bedroom sliding glass door out to the shared balcony had no lock and the adjoining room was rented with people out on the balcony while we were trying to sleep. none of the rooms shown where standard in layout or furniture. WE WERE VERY DISSATISFIED AND WOULD NOT RECOMMENED THIS HOTEL
1 night trip Sep 27, 2013
Rex
"Dont bother going here"
this was not that good at all. The Staff was rude to me and my wife as we were going to the beach with our food cooler to have a picknic.He didnt even asked us if we were staying on the hotel. The rooms need improvement. The house keeping also left the door open on our room after cleaning it with all our things exposed. The Front desk didnt care to compensate us or anything at all.
Other trip Oct 26, 2013
"Horrible Hotel and Terrible Staff"
Horrible service and front desk staff have zero customer service ability. Front desk lie and don't follow through with issues. Rooms are extremely dated. No coffee pot in room, stove was broken and oven came on by itself. Shower leaked constantly. 1 towel and wash cloth was in the room. We waited 24 hours to received more. This place is horrible...DO NOT STAY HERE!!! I rarely complain, but this place is a complete rip off for the cost.
3 night trip Oct 18, 2013
"On the beach"
Our overall experience was good!! Booked a king size city view room and got a queen! Called front desk and they gave me the option to move to a king city view or a queen with an ocean view!! We took the ocean view!! TV was older style in the second room and had no remote so we couldn't change channels and there wasn't a phone in that room but we weren't really there enough for that to matter!! We did have to pay for parking but it was valet which was nice! There was also a resort fee which didn't make much sense but not much we could do about it!! After reading reviews before hand I was a little nervous about staying there, but afterwards I would stay again!!
Other trip Oct 16, 2013
Alyssa
"great location friendly staff"
Stay at this hotel regularly. The staff is great and the location is great. Oceanview rooms are just that.
1 night trip Sep 25, 2013
Pam
"False Alarm"
the overall stay was fair. there were at least 3 fire alarms with one at 2am :(
3 night trip Aug 22, 2013
Rudy T.
"What to Expect in this Hotel"
My experience in this hotel was horrible. First of all the hotel looks very nice in the internet and also the outside of the hotel looks nice until you actually check in. When I arrived to check in at the hotel there was only one person at the front desk. It took him about 30 minutes to check me in because he was busy answering the phones. Finally when I was checked in and I proceed to my room when I got to the room the air conditioner and the TV were not working the bathroom was dirty. I went downstairs to complain and they gave me another room which was worst then the first one. The second room had mole on the shower curtain the bath tub the paint was coming off and the furniture was broken. I returned back to the front desk where I was given another room. Finally this room was much better but I had to move around 3 different times. It was horrible especially when you have kids.
Other trip Aug 26, 2013
Janet
"Peruvian Independence Day Celebration Ocean Manor"
Over the weekend of July 31st I booked a hotel room at the Ocean Manor Hotel in Fort Lauderdale. This is the weekend of the Peruvian Independence Day celebration. I purchased two "V.I.P." tickets for this event which is supposed to include all the food and drink one would like to consume during the event along with live DJ's and musical groups neither of which showed up. The lines for food were so ridiculously long that by the time we made it to where the banquet was setup the food had already run out! When I cordially approached the event director he simply told me "You've already seemed to have plenty of everything else today in fact you should leave now!" and proceeded to have me escorted from the property. But what this jerk didn't know was that I was a guest at the Hotel. I actually met and spoke to the hotel owner later on but he just shook my hand and did not offer any compensation. I had prepaid for the event with food included and had no more cash available for food that evening. I'm not a big complainer but this weekend was just a big disappointment. It's a shame because I really was looking forward to a fun weekend and the hotel itself wasn't bad.
Other trip Aug 12, 2013
Fernando
"FILTHY DIRTY"
This hotel should be condemned. It was filthy. The rooms (yes, rooms. we had to move 3 times) were deplorable. A bathtub that was so old, you could not possibly bathe in it. The tub was literally falling apart. There was 3 inches of dust on every table in the room. The only good thing about this place was the beach, although you had to pay $10 to rent an umbrella and $5 to rent a chair. Never again will we stay there.
Other trip Aug 12, 2013
Kelli
"Good Hotel, Friendly Staff"
Valet staff and front desk staff were very friendly and accommodating. The room was OK. However, it was the first time I did not have a room telephone in my hotel room.
Other trip Aug 6, 2013
We stayed at the hotel for my mom's birthday so would could enjoy drinks & dinner at the Bamboo Tiki Bar, featured at Bar Rescue. The bar was great. Our room was OK; we had a balcony with ocean & pool view. Very nice. The halls, however, were very dated. The doors were old looking & overall, the hotel was not very impressive. We only paid $90 for the room though...
1 night trip Jun 29, 2013
"do not belive what you see on pictures"
Worse room ever, nothing match, laminate floor full of scratch and chips, never looks clean, minifridge from 50's, the safe is older than my gramma, never knew how to open it, no light on the balcony, the fixture was on the floor since we came and they never fixed, the bathroom door (pocket door) never close properly, no lock , the A/C was to cold or to hot because the thermostat is older than the safe, the staff is horrible they were powerwashing at 1.00 am Tuesday July 9th even with most of the customers complaining on their balconies because of the noise. The room is nothing compare with the pictures they posted on the web site. Never again I will be at The Ocean Manor, Bye Bye Hotel
6 night family trip Jul 6, 2013
"A Good Value"
I read many of the negative comments about this hotel, but decided to chance it. I was happy with my choice. Yes, the hotel is a little rough around the edges, but it was clean and the people were nice enough. I was in room 401, which was a big corner room, It had been remodeled and looked good, though there was some evidence of dinginess or wear in the furniture. The age of the building showed in the hallways especially; it needs a lot of upkeep. However, for the price paid, I was happy. The Hyatt Regency this is not, but then the price is far less. Considering the price and location right on the beach, I would stay here again. The Tiki bar was feature on a TV show, but I was underwhelmed. The service was slow and the food was so-so. That was a little disappointing.
1 night trip Jun 29, 2013
3rd year staying here and the rooms have definitely improved. Staff has always been very friendly! Very satisfied with this stay
Other trip Jun 30, 2013
Rachelb
"Worth the cost"
Hotel is worth the cheap price. The few issues I experienced were the location of the ice and room door. When retrieving ice it requires a trip to the basement where it smells like hot garbage. The door had an appearance as if I were to lean on it, it would fall in. I wish they had a deadbolt installed. The cost of the hotel was awesome compared to the small downfalls. Right on the ocean and in very close walking distance to McDonald's, a grocery store and some novelty stores.
Other trip Jun 29, 2013
michael
"great location"
A lot around right across street. Older hotel. Rooms were remodeled but were not that clean. Charged for parking. Food was good. Beach was gorgeous.
2 night business trip Jun 21, 2013
Unexpected vallet only parking. Check in/out was easy. Location was nice. Lobby smelled like smoke from years of cigarette smoking. We really enjoyed the pool, beach and Tiki bar.
1 night romance trip Jun 17, 2013
"Normal"
Roms was not good cleaning old furniture tiki bar was very good and pool
2 night business trip Jun 14, 2013
Ana
"Building should be closed for renovation construct"
We had to go to 3 differant rooms to finaly get one that had a door lock. went for dinner and when came back the door would not open and ther was no key for the door. Employee had to climb the balcony from next door to open the room. We had to stay in that room for the night to be able to get another room the next day. We did not have a room from 8 am till 3 pm and when we did get a room it was filthy, some one had shaven their hair in the bath room and it was just not what you expect from hotel.com
2 night romance trip Jun 10, 2013
Ramin
"WE WILL STAY HERE AGAIN !!!"
We got Ocean view,really nice, the room was clean, i read a some reviews of people complaining about almost everything ... It was our dagther first birhday and we just want to stay in the beach por a couple of days,wich was PERFECT !!! THIS HOTEL IS IN THE BEACH AND SWIM POOL RIGTH THERE !!!! The food is very good, is an old Hotel but is not dirty AT ALL, perfect for vacations and for our $$$ we dont't want to spend a lot of money on fancy hotels, plus food , i already recomend it to my neighboor and we will stay here again, the tiki bar is right there,we don't drink but it was perfect to us to watch THE HEAT GAME !!!! The service is really nice .. What can i said BEACH RIGHT THERE,YOU DON't HAVE TO DRIVE,GOOD RESTAURANTS AROUND,PLUS GOOD QUALITY FOOD IN THE HOTEL !!! If you dont' MINDE old construccion and unexpensive hotel STAY HERE !!
3 night family trip Jun 7, 2013
Haidy
"Can't believe Expedia would list this hotel!!!!!"
Stayed in a one bedroom suite. It was like a one bedroom apartment. Unbelievable! Dining room table but no chairs. How were you supposed to eat?? Stove from the 1950's and dirty inside and out. Freezer dirty inside. Kitchen had no dishes, utensils, pots/pans, glasses, etc. No blankets on beds only sheets. Drapes in bedroom would not open. Drapes in living room half fell off and were in the corner on the floor and would only open half way. No tv in living room, tv in bedroom did not work. No lights in the bedroom at all. No ceiling light or lamp. I asked them twice to bring a lamp to the bedroom so we could have some light but that never happened.AC was either on....or off. Room was freezing. Tiles in shower dirty and mold. Still uses a key to open door. Elevators old and screechy. Lobby beautiful, restaurant beautiful, tikki bar beautiful, beach beautiful. Internet was free but most of the time it wasn't available.. If I i had time and could find somewhere else to stay for the night I would have. This room was a joke!
Other trip Jun 3, 2013
"Unsatisfied customer. Will not return."
Had to admit that I was excited to stay in this hotel. I was dissapointmed to say the least. We were placed on the 2nd floor write ubove the club. I guess they dont think they have people staying in the 2nd floor. My family woke up at 3pm, had to call from my cellphone the hotel (room did not have a phone) and report that it was insiderate how loud they had the music. Security guard at the pool area kept harassing my dad about bringing beer. Other people had hard liquer and and alcholol from bar available. I told my sister at some point that I felt that security guard was discriminating my father because he said nothing to other people and every time my father past by him, he would tell my father no alcohol. OK!!! Oh and our welcome to the room (first impression is everything I always say, well...) when we arrived, room had curtin blinds broken. I told front desk, who offered us a room that was bigger with no working air conditioner. Appreciated that they actually brought up maintanance to take care of the curtain situation. But my question is, how can you rent out a room with bed right next to a window with broken curtains blinds. Will not be staying in this hotel again. By the 3rd day, me and my family just wanted to leave. Will be staying next year in hotel next door, Ocean Sky (we stayed there last year). PS. parking in the Ocean Sky is free. Should have just paid a little bit more and just statyed there. Lesson learned.
Other trip Jun 2, 2013
Daimi
"Beach Side, Beach Bar, Beach Fun!"
This hotel was so much more than I had expected! We received a newly renovated room with balcony views of the beach! It was perfection!
Other trip May 31, 2013
My Experience was very good. Even thow it was an older property it was well maintain. There could have been more towls provided, And the door should close behind u upon entering the room. I will stay at this property again when Im in the city
3 night trip May 10, 2013
Donovan
"Horrible Hotel to stay at !!!"
Very dirty room falling apart and unfriendly staff.
Other trip May 14, 2013
"Second time at the hotel .....right by the beach"
Clean room n right by the beach The WI FI connection is not the best n definitely needs to be improved BIG TIME TVs at rooms are not updated......some flat screens n HD will be great addition
Other trip May 13, 2013
ricardo
"Grimy and gross."
The whole hotel has a stench. The elevators barely even worked and were so small. The rooms were so out dated and the TV didn't even work. I had to fix it myself. The floor had a film of dirty and grim. The sheets were dirty and the bed actually broke. The only nice thing was the view and the location.
Trip with friends May 13, 2013
"how do you have junk in a closet"
I recently stayed here...there was no phone in the room, no towels one closet was full of left over junk.. there were knicks and dings in the walls. i was very disappointed for the amount of money i paid for my stay.
Other trip May 12, 2013
"Terrible Hotel"
Hotel was terrible. Personal on this hotel was very bad. Room was dirty. Hotel facilities was bad condition. Room comfort was terrible. Hotel staff was destroy and old. Room for 4 people was only two towels. Pool towels was for rental $5. This is terrible hotel and I never go for this hotel again.
Other trip May 11, 2013
magdalena
"Everything you need is there!"
We loved it! I read so many bad reviews, before we went there and so many of them were just not true...the hotel isn't as bad as some people were saying. It definietly needs some remodeling, but it's cheap for what you get, and most important is it's location so it's worth it.We are about 35 years old, and we had a blast there.They gave us a room with the balcony and an ocean view which was amizing.Everything you need is there, you just go downstairs, and you are ready to enjoy either the private beach, warm pool, bar, or restaurant. People were friendly.My hair dryier broke, and I told them, and after five minutes the guy brought me a new one without making any problems. We loved the fact that they served you food and drinks everywhere, so it was awsome. I think it's a perfect place to come and rest, even if you have kids, because you can still kind of party resting at the same time.
Other trip May 6, 2013
"decent place right on beach"
Hotel currently being remodeled. But our room was new and clean (streetside, 4th fl)...for being right on the beach witha nice pool & tiki bar, it can't be beat. Kids loved the pool, warm ocean waves, making sand castles, etc... the staff was very friendly. I never saw any insects/ bugs in the hotel.l during my stay. Would stay again with family. :-)
Other trip Apr 30, 2013
Hp
"Excellent view of ocean. Right on the beach"
The room was being renovated. Doing a fairly good job. Mismatched furniture. Air conditioner thermostat did not work. No rod in toilet paper holder No hangers. Not an up to par room. We loved the ocean view room though. The thing I could not figure was there were no numbers to find your room. They penciled in the number on top of the door but ours had rubbed away. Some had duck tape with number written on. Still use keys. But we went for the view area . NO spa . We love a spa. I would go back. Benny the maintenance was very good. They were pleasant to us.
4 night trip Apr 20, 2013
Bonnie
"The sscore only looks good because......."
The location and neighborhood got a high rating and I could not give other areas a negative rating....by that I mean below zero. The staff was friendly enough and the pool/tiki bar/ beach was great, but the room - not so much. The room was not clean even though I did not check in until well after the check in time. The bathroom had missing parts (no towel rack, but the pieces that would hold one were still there) and mold in the shower. The closet had MOLD and when I called to ask maintenance to take the tile off the ceiling in there, he said "oh that is just paint". Had a headache for two days, but really enjoyed the balcony and beach. HOWEVER, if you pay extra for a renovated room, those looked very nice and might have been a completely diff experience. This may be a great deal in about a year from now when all the rooms have been renovated.
2 night trip with friends Apr 19, 2013
"Just OK"
You get what you pay for. It was just OK, nothing special.
Other trip Apr 22, 2013
"Great price"
The hotel is in the process of getting renovated and when it's finished is going to be amazing! The price was excellent and the room was decent. Loved the pool and direct beach access.
Other trip Apr 19, 2013
"Penthouse was pretty cool"
I was able to get a penthouse room for about 100 bucks due to them having no more regular rooms avaialbe So I can't complain, but the beds felt like they were a little not cleaned thoroughly even though the beds were made. But maybe I'm just paranoid about cleanliness. & in the bathroom. There was used soap bar in the shower so that was pretty nasty but other than that. Can't complain for the price & view of ft Lauderdale
1 night business trip Apr 16, 2013
"pleasant vacation"
i was originally booked for a standard king room but when i checked in i was upgraded to a suite. it was directly overlooking the ocean so it was beautiful. i was very happy with my experience and have already booked another trip there
Other trip Apr 18, 2013
"The nightmare at the Beach,one night before cruise"
First of all there is no bell service, we were told they had two carts which of course were no where to be found. The rooms were dirty, they are actively under construction, not newly renovated as advertised. The only ice machine is located in the basement, down a very dingy hall. They have an extremely expensive sushi restaurant in lobby. There is a tiki bar in back with decent selection. Pool closes at 8:00 pm. What? I have never heard of a hotel beach pool clossing so early. Skip this one.
1 night trip Apr 6, 2013
The door to our room was messed up and wouldn't shut correctly without kicking it. Bed springs were sticking through the mattress. There Is a 22.00 service fee that I had to pay and no one told me anout prior to booking. The hotel staff was amazing. I just think they need to take better care of their rooms. Over all hotel was a 5 involving staff hotel I'd give a 2-3 it needs repairs done.
Romance trip Apr 16, 2013
Amber
"My Manor on beach"
Ocean Manor is a deco era high rise hotel/condo common to S Florida. Everything overall was quite acceptable. for myself it gets much bonus for pet friendly without any quetionss or qualification (some pet freindly hotel have less than freindly staff or severe costs-no issues here). the view was southward, but beach view was easy and extremely exceptional. no better way to wake up than to see sunrise; no better way to fall asleep than to waves. lobby was quite busy as was restaurants and clubs, yet our third floor view of pool/beach was serene. fountain/waterfall at pool was also a NICE addition. due to attending all-day events at las olas, did not visit restaurants. Beds were hard (awful).
Other trip Apr 16, 2013
Brett
"great but my bed was upside down slept on springs"
I had a great time Hotel need some maintenance get the updated rooms only problem was my bed was upside down for two days so sleeping on the back end bed springs. I missed my bed and I need massage for my back they still charge me for the upgrade room charge and my room price that I paid on hotels.com was not happy about that but everything was great view good location just make sure you check the bed that is not upside down
2 night trip Apr 8, 2013
"OK for an overnight stay"
I booked this hotel for my husbands birthday. Check in was fairly easy. The hotel is deifnately older and in need of renovations, which I was unsure if the process was happening or just left alone. I was disappointed that I paid for a King and was stuck with 2 doubles. Couldn't even sleep in the same bed so I was a little disappointed considering the price I paid for the room. The tiki bar was the best aspect of this hotel. I guess if your just looking for something for a day or 2 this hotel is ok. The location is perfect. It just needs some more updating. I think I will be sticking to my Marriott, they never let me down.
1 night trip with friends Apr 6, 2013
Andrea
"don't stay here"
dirty, dirty, dirty room, they charge for everything
2 night trip Apr 1, 2013
"Rooms need TLC"
First room was deplorable ... Bathroom had hair in the tub and stuck to the tiled walls along with some type of material smeared on wall near toilet. Light fixture had an empty beer can in it. Al in all the room was filthy. I complained to the front desk and did get a room change that was fine.
Other trip Apr 2, 2013