All hotels in Fort Lauderdale, Florida, United States of America
4040 Galt Ocean Drive, Fort Lauderdale, FL, 33308, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

2.6
    2.7
    2.7
    2.3
"Family"
Great place to be with the family, short walk from pool to beach, excellent front beach view.
Other trip Aug 20, 2014
jay
They did not follow up my plan and schedule. When I arrived there with my confirm number, they did not find my name on the list. Lucky they are willing to get 5 rooms for my softball team.
3 night trip Aug 6, 2014
Wonderful Vacation and beautiful motel. I always have a Great time when I go to Florida. I stayed at this motel back in 08 and was ok with it and it's surrounding But this time I was really happy with the Improvement of the motel rooms... Very Nice and Comfort.
Rich
"Everything was damaged."
Everything in the room was damaged. Front desk told me I was getting a "brand new" room. The balcony chairs were covered with mold. The mattresses were caved in at the center. The bedspread was stained. All furniture and fixtures were scratched, stained and chipped. Shower water was only warm. We went with another family that had more problems then we did. The entire hotel needs renovation. When you walk down to food at Tiki bar the kitchen with piles of dirty pots & pans & trash is exposed!
Other trip Jul 22, 2014
"Awful will never stay here!!!"
Worst experience ever booked it for 5days checked out the first night!!!! Will never recommend this hotel to anyone!!!!
Other trip Jul 20, 2014
"Rundown hotel and poor service"
We paid for an "upgrade" to room 506, a one bedroom suite with kitchenette. There were several problems throughout the stay: -The deadbolt lock on the door was broken, there was no latch style lock, and there was no "do not disturb" sign to be found. Thus, we were walked in on by the maid daily. -The air conditioner vent in the closet leaked water all over our clothes on Saturday, leaving us with no clean clothing to wear out on Saturday night. After calling down, we were told someone would be right up. An hour later, we got another call saying that the maintenance man left for the night and would be back the following day. He never came. We called again on Tuesday night just after midnight, telling of the leak and the fact that no one came, and the man's response was literally "What do you want me to do about it?" with some attitude as if he were fed up with his job. -The dishwasher was broken, leaving us without clean dishes and silverware to eat with. After running it three times, the dishes were still completely dirty. Most of our food (and money) went to waste. Will stay at Ocean Sky next time.
Other trip Jun 10, 2014
"Good Bed, good view, but horrible bathroom"
Our stay at this hotel was convenient but wouldn't do it again. The view and balcony were great. The bed was comfortable but room looked nothing like the pictures. For starters the door was horrible. We had to slam it every time to get it to close. The card reader didnt work and when we told staff they said we didn't know how to do it. We decided to leave the door partially closed to not deal with it. Horrible! The bathroom door didnt slide/close all the way. The shower knobs kept falling off. While we were taking a shower the temperature of the water never stayed the same. At times it would burn and then turn extremely cold. Tiki bar was good. Didnt know how to make some drinks and food took 40 minutes to get to our table. The closeness to the beach was awesome. Nice jet ski, umbrella and chair rentals. Parking is only by Valet. There is night club, nails and clothing store on site but did not visit. Overall I didn't get lucky with an updated room so I will not be going back, had a bad experience.
2 night family trip May 4, 2014
The rooms were old and dirty . I was a very dirty place . I would never go there again or recommend anybody there . I can see bugs running around the kitchen . Half of the lights inside my room weren't working the tv only had one channel .
Other trip May 1, 2014
"just for ravelers"
I received first a room with a door that simply didnt open. Manyprior guest had had just punch it. The view was at a perfect trash cam . I ask for an upgrade paid 50 dollars mkore per night and was moved to a desposit of usulness antiques. The hotel two restaurantas are popular with the people who live around , too many childs, and just a few nice looking girls as a premium.
Other trip Apr 22, 2014
Chrsitian
"Good Hotel"
Everything went well. We got the ocean view room. The hotel needs some renovation, but the room we stayed was good. The pool and the beach were great! Staff very friendly and the tiki bar was a good option to hang out. I would come back for another quiet and relaxing week.
Other trip Apr 19, 2014
Ari
"sold our room out"
we tried to check in at 1130am to early, then after concert at 845pm , they didnt have a room, luckly my buddy was staying at same place, we had a place to crash, n they gave him a free night
1 night trip Apr 12, 2014
The staff was awesome. Room was horrible closet doors laying in closet. kithenette with no towels or dishsoap pot holders no spoons. beautiful view.
2 night family trip Mar 23, 2014
"Bait and switch"
The pictures do not match the real hotel rooms. Not a nice hotel, would never go back. Wish i could post pics on this website
1 night trip Mar 20, 2014
I would not go back there. They are in the process of renovating, but everything is half way done. We moved rooms after not getting a king bed as we thought we booked. The new room's draped did not even cover the door wall completely. I would never recommend this place to anyone.
5 night romance trip Feb 26, 2014
"In need of updating"
Good location. Nice restaurant. Rundown, especially the bathroom.
1 night trip Feb 26, 2014
"FL in Feb"
awesome view oceanfront, beautiful room, right on beach
Other trip Feb 14, 2014
toilet didn't work, they turn off the a/c for night, so your room gets hot at night, charge you for parking,food service was slow. had a room with an ocean "view' which means you see the ocean, but no sliding doors or viranda.
3 night trip Feb 1, 2014
grant
"Hotel under renovation:Should not be in business:"
I was given a PH room on 1107, it is under renovation, has painting material in the room, carpet was torn on the floor. Only good is the bathroom, and the front desk staff. Maintenance person came to my room and wanted to take away the TV/cable for another room. Alarm went on at night, so disruptive and disturbing.
Other trip Jan 30, 2014
ANowar
"Better than expected"
After reading a lot of negative reviews I was very hesitant to stay here. Our room was one of the recently renovated ones so it was very clean and nice. We had some issues with the shower but the staff fixed it and we were fine after. The beach and tiki bar there are great. Good food on site and only a mile walk to great restaurants. If you are on a budget this is a great place to stay. I am still waiting on my security deposit they said it can take a few days.
Other trip Jan 7, 2014
Jackie
"The Horror at Ocean Manor Beach Hotel"
It was horrible. A nightmare. It was a hotel that shouldn't be open at all. It is so outdated and it is not well kept. The management was limited to what they would and could do. I will never stay there, and will not recommend for no one to stay there. The advertisement is deceptive. I was so disappointed with this hotel. The furniture was old and not clean. There was mold around the bath sink and on the ceiling. The floor was dirty, the drapes were faded and were like rags. Whole in the wall. Closet door did not close due to rust and dirt. Never Again!pert
3 night trip Jan 1, 2014
"Stay away, Bad place!"
Bad service, dirty, must pay for valet to park car, resort fees, It was leaking water on my room. Do not belive what you see on pictures. Do not waste your vacations in this hotel! also there was a stools on the toilet when we got there! will not return!
Other trip Jan 5, 2014
Daisy
"Stay away, Bad place!"
Other trip Jan 5, 2014
Daisy
The bathroom facilities were less than average. Very small, in need of major remodel. Room was ok, but walls were popcorn stucco and had cracks and mold around the air vents. However, the view of the pool and beach were excellent.
Other trip Jan 3, 2014
"Need to update the room"
Location is great. Tiki Bar food and service were great. In the room, the bed was fine, but the bath rooms needs upgrading and I was afraid to sit on the furniture in the living room. Seemed dirty.
3 night trip Dec 13, 2013
I stayed at the Ocean Manor for the weekend while attending a football game with my friends. After reading many of the reviews, I made the decision to stay at the Ocean Manor because I just needed a place to sleep and shower. Sleeping was fine. The bed was clean and comfortable. Showering was an issue. Although I asked to have extra towels available in the room, this only happened one day so I was forced to towel off using a hand towel. Getting into the room was a constant problem because the room key did not work numerous times. It is pretty annoying to have to take the elevator down to the lobby to get the key charged and then go back up to the room and find that it still doesn't work. This happened repeatedly. The room itself was extremely dirty. Either wash the walls or paint the walls.
3 night trip with friends Dec 13, 2013
this was the worst hotel I have ever stayed at. It has no upkeep what so ever.I would never recommend this place to anyone. The bathroom toilet had corrosion all behind it. NO toilet paper roll holder the paper roll just placed on the sink, no waste basket in the room at all. Dirty microwave in the corner not one hanger in the closet. The rate was way to expensive! Never again..
1 night trip Dec 14, 2013
Diana
"on beach and close to everything"
nice floor--no carpet. very clean. comfortable bed. had street view with window across entire width of room--very open and spacious room. nice shower. able to walk to stores and restaurants. nicely located on beach. surprised at resort fee--but ok with it as everything was nice. parking fee was reasonable. had one problem and it was handled very promptly and efficiently. will definitely stay again if in the area.
2 night family trip Dec 11, 2013
Kathie
"this hotel is fuckj"
i stayed 4 night the service was worse every day the last day somethings disapeared in my room
4 night trip Nov 26, 2013
claudinei
"great hotel"
Nice get away but they never have towels other then that its my own lil hide out
1 night business trip Nov 15, 2013
"This hotel needs a facelift!"
The view & tiki hut are the only attractive parts of this hotel. The room was from 1952 with a tub that felt like I was going to fall through.
4 night trip Nov 10, 2013
chris
"BATHROOM"
The room was great but the bathroom tiny and a little on the grungy side.The Tv did not work and would have appreciated a coffee maker in the room.Also no info on hotel facilities, check out time etc in the room.However, loved the balcony with Ocean View.
1 night trip Nov 14, 2013
Corinne
Every room is different so you cant tell from the pics posted on the website what you are going to get. In our case the room was dingy and very outdated. Nothing worked right. They sent an electrician to our room 5 minutes after we checked in because most of the lights would not turn on. Furniture was old but ok. Bathrooms were terrible and the faucet in both showers were busted. The water would go back and forth between cold and hot. Location is good with just a few minute walk to the pier and a small downtown. Also just a 10 minute drive to most anywhere in lauderdale. The pool and tiki bar have a nice setup and provide a good place to relax if you dont feel like leaving the hotel. Overall I will spend a little more money next time and stay somewhere better.
2 night business trip Nov 1, 2013
Ryan
"Needs Major Work"
The Staff did the best that they could, but the rooms that we were shown were in very poor shape, one had the electrical box correded, there was incects in the room, the Refrigerator was rusted and the icemaker was making yellow ice. The one room we finely stayed in had NO AIR CONDITIONING at all, the bedroom sliding glass door out to the shared balcony had no lock and the adjoining room was rented with people out on the balcony while we were trying to sleep. none of the rooms shown where standard in layout or furniture. WE WERE VERY DISSATISFIED AND WOULD NOT RECOMMENED THIS HOTEL
1 night trip Sep 27, 2013
Rex
"Dont bother going here"
this was not that good at all. The Staff was rude to me and my wife as we were going to the beach with our food cooler to have a picknic.He didnt even asked us if we were staying on the hotel. The rooms need improvement. The house keeping also left the door open on our room after cleaning it with all our things exposed. The Front desk didnt care to compensate us or anything at all.
Other trip Oct 26, 2013
"Horrible Hotel and Terrible Staff"
Horrible service and front desk staff have zero customer service ability. Front desk lie and don't follow through with issues. Rooms are extremely dated. No coffee pot in room, stove was broken and oven came on by itself. Shower leaked constantly. 1 towel and wash cloth was in the room. We waited 24 hours to received more. This place is horrible...DO NOT STAY HERE!!! I rarely complain, but this place is a complete rip off for the cost.
3 night trip Oct 18, 2013
"On the beach"
Our overall experience was good!! Booked a king size city view room and got a queen! Called front desk and they gave me the option to move to a king city view or a queen with an ocean view!! We took the ocean view!! TV was older style in the second room and had no remote so we couldn't change channels and there wasn't a phone in that room but we weren't really there enough for that to matter!! We did have to pay for parking but it was valet which was nice! There was also a resort fee which didn't make much sense but not much we could do about it!! After reading reviews before hand I was a little nervous about staying there, but afterwards I would stay again!!
Other trip Oct 16, 2013
Alyssa
"great location friendly staff"
Stay at this hotel regularly. The staff is great and the location is great. Oceanview rooms are just that.
1 night trip Sep 25, 2013
Pam
"False Alarm"
the overall stay was fair. there were at least 3 fire alarms with one at 2am :(
3 night trip Aug 22, 2013
Rudy T.
"What to Expect in this Hotel"
My experience in this hotel was horrible. First of all the hotel looks very nice in the internet and also the outside of the hotel looks nice until you actually check in. When I arrived to check in at the hotel there was only one person at the front desk. It took him about 30 minutes to check me in because he was busy answering the phones. Finally when I was checked in and I proceed to my room when I got to the room the air conditioner and the TV were not working the bathroom was dirty. I went downstairs to complain and they gave me another room which was worst then the first one. The second room had mole on the shower curtain the bath tub the paint was coming off and the furniture was broken. I returned back to the front desk where I was given another room. Finally this room was much better but I had to move around 3 different times. It was horrible especially when you have kids.
Other trip Aug 26, 2013
Janet
"Peruvian Independence Day Celebration Ocean Manor"
Over the weekend of July 31st I booked a hotel room at the Ocean Manor Hotel in Fort Lauderdale. This is the weekend of the Peruvian Independence Day celebration. I purchased two "V.I.P." tickets for this event which is supposed to include all the food and drink one would like to consume during the event along with live DJ's and musical groups neither of which showed up. The lines for food were so ridiculously long that by the time we made it to where the banquet was setup the food had already run out! When I cordially approached the event director he simply told me "You've already seemed to have plenty of everything else today in fact you should leave now!" and proceeded to have me escorted from the property. But what this jerk didn't know was that I was a guest at the Hotel. I actually met and spoke to the hotel owner later on but he just shook my hand and did not offer any compensation. I had prepaid for the event with food included and had no more cash available for food that evening. I'm not a big complainer but this weekend was just a big disappointment. It's a shame because I really was looking forward to a fun weekend and the hotel itself wasn't bad.
Other trip Aug 12, 2013
Fernando
"FILTHY DIRTY"
This hotel should be condemned. It was filthy. The rooms (yes, rooms. we had to move 3 times) were deplorable. A bathtub that was so old, you could not possibly bathe in it. The tub was literally falling apart. There was 3 inches of dust on every table in the room. The only good thing about this place was the beach, although you had to pay $10 to rent an umbrella and $5 to rent a chair. Never again will we stay there.
Other trip Aug 12, 2013
Kelli
"Good Hotel, Friendly Staff"
Valet staff and front desk staff were very friendly and accommodating. The room was OK. However, it was the first time I did not have a room telephone in my hotel room.
Other trip Aug 6, 2013
We stayed at the hotel for my mom's birthday so would could enjoy drinks & dinner at the Bamboo Tiki Bar, featured at Bar Rescue. The bar was great. Our room was OK; we had a balcony with ocean & pool view. Very nice. The halls, however, were very dated. The doors were old looking & overall, the hotel was not very impressive. We only paid $90 for the room though...
1 night trip Jun 29, 2013
"do not belive what you see on pictures"
Worse room ever, nothing match, laminate floor full of scratch and chips, never looks clean, minifridge from 50's, the safe is older than my gramma, never knew how to open it, no light on the balcony, the fixture was on the floor since we came and they never fixed, the bathroom door (pocket door) never close properly, no lock , the A/C was to cold or to hot because the thermostat is older than the safe, the staff is horrible they were powerwashing at 1.00 am Tuesday July 9th even with most of the customers complaining on their balconies because of the noise. The room is nothing compare with the pictures they posted on the web site. Never again I will be at The Ocean Manor, Bye Bye Hotel
6 night family trip Jul 6, 2013
"A Good Value"
I read many of the negative comments about this hotel, but decided to chance it. I was happy with my choice. Yes, the hotel is a little rough around the edges, but it was clean and the people were nice enough. I was in room 401, which was a big corner room, It had been remodeled and looked good, though there was some evidence of dinginess or wear in the furniture. The age of the building showed in the hallways especially; it needs a lot of upkeep. However, for the price paid, I was happy. The Hyatt Regency this is not, but then the price is far less. Considering the price and location right on the beach, I would stay here again. The Tiki bar was feature on a TV show, but I was underwhelmed. The service was slow and the food was so-so. That was a little disappointing.
1 night trip Jun 29, 2013
3rd year staying here and the rooms have definitely improved. Staff has always been very friendly! Very satisfied with this stay
Other trip Jun 30, 2013
Rachelb
"Worth the cost"
Hotel is worth the cheap price. The few issues I experienced were the location of the ice and room door. When retrieving ice it requires a trip to the basement where it smells like hot garbage. The door had an appearance as if I were to lean on it, it would fall in. I wish they had a deadbolt installed. The cost of the hotel was awesome compared to the small downfalls. Right on the ocean and in very close walking distance to McDonald's, a grocery store and some novelty stores.
Other trip Jun 29, 2013
michael
"great location"
A lot around right across street. Older hotel. Rooms were remodeled but were not that clean. Charged for parking. Food was good. Beach was gorgeous.
2 night business trip Jun 21, 2013
Unexpected vallet only parking. Check in/out was easy. Location was nice. Lobby smelled like smoke from years of cigarette smoking. We really enjoyed the pool, beach and Tiki bar.
1 night romance trip Jun 17, 2013
"Normal"
Roms was not good cleaning old furniture tiki bar was very good and pool
2 night business trip Jun 14, 2013