All hotels in Fort Lauderdale, Florida, United States of America
4040 Galt Ocean Drive, Fort Lauderdale, FL, 33308, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

• Bar
    Bar is awesome
    Service is adequate
  • Value
    Poor value for money
    Room is not nice
    Dirty
    Bad internet service
We had a great experience, the staff was very helpful and friendly, food was very good. Nice atmosphere right on the beach.
Other trip Jan 27, 2015
"Ghetto beachside"
Lost my reservations Room they gave me not ready for guests. A/C inoperative loud and obnoxious guests at tiki lounge if you are over 30 and are looking to relax, avoid this place
Other trip Jan 24, 2015
neveragain
"great beach!"
The main staff members/desk are rude and could care less about customer service. The valet staff is wonderful and the pool/bar staff were pleasant. We arrived after two cruises and were told we could not get our room until 3pm and did finally get in approx. 3:30pm. Found the TV did not work (would have loved to see the news) but the staff member who came up was very pleasant but unable to fix it. I looked behind it and found that it was from the unit next door (owned by the hotel) and the TV that was broken was swapped out to the unit owned by another private person. They would not fix it and told us to use the cabana but it also did not work so no news for me... They have fixed it up and it is much better just the staff at the main desk were rude.. I had to wait for some time while people were there to complain. I did ask for the fee back to use the facility as we were basically sitting for hours waiting in our clothes so we just walked on the beach... The restaurant next to the hotel is expensive but very good with great waiters. If you are going to go here make sure it is not a privately owned room as they use that as an excuse to not do anything for you and will not assist you. The location is great but again the service is lacking... we had room 705 the TV was from 703. feel sorry for the private owners...
Other trip Jan 20, 2015
Dee
"wish it was a better fit"
The room I booked on Hotels.com was not the room that was waiting for me. We had to switch and got a room that was not the right size for my family. The bathroom sink was missing a faucet and there were basically no pans or utensils in the kitchen that I was adamant about having. Had to go to the store and buy a frying pan,spatula, sponge and dish soap. Everyone tried to be helpful and it was a fun atmosphere, would have liked it if I could have stayed there in the right room on the right floor with the correct amount of beds.
1 night family trip Jan 5, 2015
Cynthia
"So so rating!"
Tiki Bar awesome! Lobby beautiful! Receptionist great! Grounds nice! Smell of bathroom in room.....disgusting smell! Mattress on bed lumpy! Elevators too few working!
Other trip Jan 3, 2015
CJ
"fantastic view room in need for TLC"
other than an amazing view there was mold in the bathroom, the shower knob was broken, the bed headboards were taped together and falling apart and the safe didn't work.
2 night family trip Dec 26, 2014
WiFi worked only right next to the door. Phone didn't work at all. TV only had one channel. Our room had a balcony but the door didn't open. Anyway overall hotel services and the enviroment were very nice.
Other trip Dec 15, 2014
"On the beach"
After reading the reviews on here I was wary about booking a room. Because of the Tiki bar and being right on the beach decided to try. I asked to see my room before I checked in and was given a choice of three. All three were clean and comfortable. The furniture was a little worn but ok. I had booked a king with a microwave and frig but the one I was shown didn't have any so I was glad I checked first. The double had them so I chose it although it was right in front of the elevator. Other than the elevator clanging all night was a good room with a balcony of city. The food at the Tiki bar and the Tokyo Blue was great! Pool was filthy and in need of repair. So the 15. a day pool fee is a rip off... They don't allow your own chairs, towels or umbrellas or food on the beach and the staff polices it....The wifi went down during stay so that was disappointing...If you want a hotel on the beach and not expensive than this may be your place...The staff were all friendly and helpful...If it wasn't for them would have been a failed trip.
Picky traveler
"I loved the fact that it was on the beach"
My experience was ok. I wish it was all inclusive though it was have been more affordable and they need a jacuzzi
"nice hotel on the beach, rooms remodeled"
overall nice stay, would return, matress could have been more comfortable, location and ambience a+
"Tired Ocean Manor Hotel"
If not for the wonderful location and the 2 great restaurants onsite, Bamboo Tiki and Tokyo Blue Asian Fusion, I would not reccomemd this hotel. The suite was comfortable with a nice layout, however, the room was in desperate need of renovation. The kitchen was straight out of the seventies as well as the bathroom. The shower would not work without a lot of handle twisting back and forth. Wallpaper curling, tired king size mattress and a need for fresh paint throughout. Service staff were gracious and helpful. Beach was great!
Other trip Nov 16, 2014
Boat Show goers
"The Good, The Bad and the Ugly"
Hotel itself was nice i.e. lobby, tiki bar, pool area, on the beach, pet friendly, valet, & most staff were very nice. The floor & shower had newer tile but all in all our room was bad-even creepy. It never should have been rented. Every door on the floor was dark brown except the beat up white one that we thought was a store room until we saw our tiny room # on the door. There was only one key for the door-a regular key not a card! They said they could probably make another one but didn't. The closet had only one door & had paint cans and a picture on the floor, the room had no phone so we couldn't call the front desk, the shower doors had no handles or towel racks, the rusty light bar was missing a bulb but still had the original tag on it, the vent on the shower wall was beat up & sticking out from the wall 2" on one side, the furniture was old & mismatched, the tv remote only worked to turn it on & off, no channel changing or volume control, had to go to the bar to get ice, the windows on the porch were filthy and extension cords/wires went through a hole in the wall to the porch. We complained about the room 4 times, asking if they didn't have something else to offer. They apologized & said they were in the process of remodeling but never offered other options. We paid way more than this room was worth. If it wasn't for being pet friendly I wouldn't stay there again. Might be willing to give them another try IF we get a much nicer room.
1 night romance trip Nov 1, 2014
Terry
"So so"
This hotel says it's a resort but I wouldn't go that far. You pay a "resort" fee but i'm not exactly clear what that gets you, peeling coating on the pool that closes at 8:00pm,no towels and a $ 5.00 daily charge for a chair on the beach that they will make you get out of at 5:00pm. This may be a normal practice but we have stayed at other places in Ft. Lauderdale and haven't experienced this at a "resort" before. The room we stayed in was a remodeled room but it was lacking in finish, my understanding is each one is privately owned so i'm not going to blame the hotel. Poorly patched hole in a door, poor tile work, peeling finish on restroom tile, and furniture that had seen better days. The hair dryer was also broken and there was nothing that could be done according to the front desk. The room was clean and we had fresh towels throughout our stay. The staff were friendly and helpful, our room had an electronic lock placed on it by the owners, the front desk said all we had to do was enter a code, turned out you still needed a card key but they resolved the issue quickly. The beach was beautiful and the area around the hotel was enjoyable. DaVinci's pizza(the best New York pizza) is across the street as well as CVS, a grocery store, Dunkin doughnuts and McDonalds that was under construction. Just a short walk North are a number of places to eat, Jojos tacos,Burgerfi, and a couple of grills.
Other trip Oct 26, 2014
The hotel units are minimal The condo unit I stayed in was phenomenal !
Other trip Oct 22, 2014
"Needs finally met"
The hotel was fine, could use some up dating, especially in the bathrooms. The tiki bar and staff were great! I had reserved our room and after several room changes, we got the room we wanted. The main complaint I have about our stay is that twice, the door to our room was left OPEN by the cleaning staff. Would I stay there again, yes.
2 night romance trip Sep 5, 2014
"Good Value"
We stayed in a 2-bedroom suite for my son's birthday. Overall, the stay was nice. You can tell it's an older building in need of upgrading. Our telephone didn't work so we had to use our cell phones in order to call downstairs numerous times for towels and phone repair, which never happened. The location is unbeatable and you have everything at your feet: pool and beach, tiki bar, restaurants, stores, etc. It's a good value because the prices aren't too high.
1 night family trip Aug 31, 2014
Michele
"Nice hotel on beach and close to shops and food"
Was a very nice place to stay close and convenient to shops and eateries if you don't want to drive and you don't mind walking which I don't . Hotel staff was a lil dry can be friendlier it's ok to speak you know :-) food and bar was nice too. And it was family oriented.
Other trip Aug 21, 2014
Ravens Nation
"Family"
Great place to be with the family, short walk from pool to beach, excellent front beach view.
Other trip Aug 20, 2014
jay
They did not follow up my plan and schedule. When I arrived there with my confirm number, they did not find my name on the list. Lucky they are willing to get 5 rooms for my softball team.
3 night trip Aug 6, 2014
Wonderful Vacation and beautiful motel. I always have a Great time when I go to Florida. I stayed at this motel back in 08 and was ok with it and it's surrounding But this time I was really happy with the Improvement of the motel rooms... Very Nice and Comfort.
Rich
"Everything was damaged."
Everything in the room was damaged. Front desk told me I was getting a "brand new" room. The balcony chairs were covered with mold. The mattresses were caved in at the center. The bedspread was stained. All furniture and fixtures were scratched, stained and chipped. Shower water was only warm. We went with another family that had more problems then we did. The entire hotel needs renovation. When you walk down to food at Tiki bar the kitchen with piles of dirty pots & pans & trash is exposed!
Other trip Jul 22, 2014
"Awful will never stay here!!!"
Worst experience ever booked it for 5days checked out the first night!!!! Will never recommend this hotel to anyone!!!!
Other trip Jul 20, 2014
"Rundown hotel and poor service"
We paid for an "upgrade" to room 506, a one bedroom suite with kitchenette. There were several problems throughout the stay: -The deadbolt lock on the door was broken, there was no latch style lock, and there was no "do not disturb" sign to be found. Thus, we were walked in on by the maid daily. -The air conditioner vent in the closet leaked water all over our clothes on Saturday, leaving us with no clean clothing to wear out on Saturday night. After calling down, we were told someone would be right up. An hour later, we got another call saying that the maintenance man left for the night and would be back the following day. He never came. We called again on Tuesday night just after midnight, telling of the leak and the fact that no one came, and the man's response was literally "What do you want me to do about it?" with some attitude as if he were fed up with his job. -The dishwasher was broken, leaving us without clean dishes and silverware to eat with. After running it three times, the dishes were still completely dirty. Most of our food (and money) went to waste. Will stay at Ocean Sky next time.
Other trip Jun 10, 2014
"Good Bed, good view, but horrible bathroom"
Our stay at this hotel was convenient but wouldn't do it again. The view and balcony were great. The bed was comfortable but room looked nothing like the pictures. For starters the door was horrible. We had to slam it every time to get it to close. The card reader didnt work and when we told staff they said we didn't know how to do it. We decided to leave the door partially closed to not deal with it. Horrible! The bathroom door didnt slide/close all the way. The shower knobs kept falling off. While we were taking a shower the temperature of the water never stayed the same. At times it would burn and then turn extremely cold. Tiki bar was good. Didnt know how to make some drinks and food took 40 minutes to get to our table. The closeness to the beach was awesome. Nice jet ski, umbrella and chair rentals. Parking is only by Valet. There is night club, nails and clothing store on site but did not visit. Overall I didn't get lucky with an updated room so I will not be going back, had a bad experience.
2 night family trip May 4, 2014
The rooms were old and dirty . I was a very dirty place . I would never go there again or recommend anybody there . I can see bugs running around the kitchen . Half of the lights inside my room weren't working the tv only had one channel .
Other trip May 1, 2014
"just for ravelers"
I received first a room with a door that simply didnt open. Manyprior guest had had just punch it. The view was at a perfect trash cam . I ask for an upgrade paid 50 dollars mkore per night and was moved to a desposit of usulness antiques. The hotel two restaurantas are popular with the people who live around , too many childs, and just a few nice looking girls as a premium.
Other trip Apr 22, 2014
Chrsitian
"Good Hotel"
Everything went well. We got the ocean view room. The hotel needs some renovation, but the room we stayed was good. The pool and the beach were great! Staff very friendly and the tiki bar was a good option to hang out. I would come back for another quiet and relaxing week.
Other trip Apr 19, 2014
Ari
"sold our room out"
we tried to check in at 1130am to early, then after concert at 845pm , they didnt have a room, luckly my buddy was staying at same place, we had a place to crash, n they gave him a free night
1 night trip Apr 12, 2014
The staff was awesome. Room was horrible closet doors laying in closet. kithenette with no towels or dishsoap pot holders no spoons. beautiful view.
2 night family trip Mar 23, 2014
"Bait and switch"
The pictures do not match the real hotel rooms. Not a nice hotel, would never go back. Wish i could post pics on this website
1 night trip Mar 20, 2014
I would not go back there. They are in the process of renovating, but everything is half way done. We moved rooms after not getting a king bed as we thought we booked. The new room's draped did not even cover the door wall completely. I would never recommend this place to anyone.
5 night romance trip Feb 26, 2014
"In need of updating"
Good location. Nice restaurant. Rundown, especially the bathroom.
1 night trip Feb 26, 2014
"FL in Feb"
awesome view oceanfront, beautiful room, right on beach
Other trip Feb 14, 2014
toilet didn't work, they turn off the a/c for night, so your room gets hot at night, charge you for parking,food service was slow. had a room with an ocean "view' which means you see the ocean, but no sliding doors or viranda.
3 night trip Feb 1, 2014
grant
"Hotel under renovation:Should not be in business:"
I was given a PH room on 1107, it is under renovation, has painting material in the room, carpet was torn on the floor. Only good is the bathroom, and the front desk staff. Maintenance person came to my room and wanted to take away the TV/cable for another room. Alarm went on at night, so disruptive and disturbing.
Other trip Jan 30, 2014
ANowar
"Better than expected"
After reading a lot of negative reviews I was very hesitant to stay here. Our room was one of the recently renovated ones so it was very clean and nice. We had some issues with the shower but the staff fixed it and we were fine after. The beach and tiki bar there are great. Good food on site and only a mile walk to great restaurants. If you are on a budget this is a great place to stay. I am still waiting on my security deposit they said it can take a few days.
Other trip Jan 7, 2014
Jackie
"The Horror at Ocean Manor Beach Hotel"
It was horrible. A nightmare. It was a hotel that shouldn't be open at all. It is so outdated and it is not well kept. The management was limited to what they would and could do. I will never stay there, and will not recommend for no one to stay there. The advertisement is deceptive. I was so disappointed with this hotel. The furniture was old and not clean. There was mold around the bath sink and on the ceiling. The floor was dirty, the drapes were faded and were like rags. Whole in the wall. Closet door did not close due to rust and dirt. Never Again!pert
3 night trip Jan 1, 2014
"Stay away, Bad place!"
Bad service, dirty, must pay for valet to park car, resort fees, It was leaking water on my room. Do not belive what you see on pictures. Do not waste your vacations in this hotel! also there was a stools on the toilet when we got there! will not return!
Other trip Jan 5, 2014
Daisy
"Stay away, Bad place!"
Other trip Jan 5, 2014
Daisy
The bathroom facilities were less than average. Very small, in need of major remodel. Room was ok, but walls were popcorn stucco and had cracks and mold around the air vents. However, the view of the pool and beach were excellent.
Other trip Jan 3, 2014
"Need to update the room"
Location is great. Tiki Bar food and service were great. In the room, the bed was fine, but the bath rooms needs upgrading and I was afraid to sit on the furniture in the living room. Seemed dirty.
3 night trip Dec 13, 2013
I stayed at the Ocean Manor for the weekend while attending a football game with my friends. After reading many of the reviews, I made the decision to stay at the Ocean Manor because I just needed a place to sleep and shower. Sleeping was fine. The bed was clean and comfortable. Showering was an issue. Although I asked to have extra towels available in the room, this only happened one day so I was forced to towel off using a hand towel. Getting into the room was a constant problem because the room key did not work numerous times. It is pretty annoying to have to take the elevator down to the lobby to get the key charged and then go back up to the room and find that it still doesn't work. This happened repeatedly. The room itself was extremely dirty. Either wash the walls or paint the walls.
3 night trip with friends Dec 13, 2013
this was the worst hotel I have ever stayed at. It has no upkeep what so ever.I would never recommend this place to anyone. The bathroom toilet had corrosion all behind it. NO toilet paper roll holder the paper roll just placed on the sink, no waste basket in the room at all. Dirty microwave in the corner not one hanger in the closet. The rate was way to expensive! Never again..
1 night trip Dec 14, 2013
Diana
"on beach and close to everything"
nice floor--no carpet. very clean. comfortable bed. had street view with window across entire width of room--very open and spacious room. nice shower. able to walk to stores and restaurants. nicely located on beach. surprised at resort fee--but ok with it as everything was nice. parking fee was reasonable. had one problem and it was handled very promptly and efficiently. will definitely stay again if in the area.
2 night family trip Dec 11, 2013
Kathie
"this hotel is fuckj"
i stayed 4 night the service was worse every day the last day somethings disapeared in my room
4 night trip Nov 26, 2013
claudinei
"great hotel"
Nice get away but they never have towels other then that its my own lil hide out
1 night business trip Nov 15, 2013
"This hotel needs a facelift!"
The view & tiki hut are the only attractive parts of this hotel. The room was from 1952 with a tub that felt like I was going to fall through.
4 night trip Nov 10, 2013
chris
"BATHROOM"
The room was great but the bathroom tiny and a little on the grungy side.The Tv did not work and would have appreciated a coffee maker in the room.Also no info on hotel facilities, check out time etc in the room.However, loved the balcony with Ocean View.
1 night trip Nov 14, 2013
Corinne
Every room is different so you cant tell from the pics posted on the website what you are going to get. In our case the room was dingy and very outdated. Nothing worked right. They sent an electrician to our room 5 minutes after we checked in because most of the lights would not turn on. Furniture was old but ok. Bathrooms were terrible and the faucet in both showers were busted. The water would go back and forth between cold and hot. Location is good with just a few minute walk to the pier and a small downtown. Also just a 10 minute drive to most anywhere in lauderdale. The pool and tiki bar have a nice setup and provide a good place to relax if you dont feel like leaving the hotel. Overall I will spend a little more money next time and stay somewhere better.
2 night business trip Nov 1, 2013
Ryan
"Needs Major Work"
The Staff did the best that they could, but the rooms that we were shown were in very poor shape, one had the electrical box correded, there was incects in the room, the Refrigerator was rusted and the icemaker was making yellow ice. The one room we finely stayed in had NO AIR CONDITIONING at all, the bedroom sliding glass door out to the shared balcony had no lock and the adjoining room was rented with people out on the balcony while we were trying to sleep. none of the rooms shown where standard in layout or furniture. WE WERE VERY DISSATISFIED AND WOULD NOT RECOMMENED THIS HOTEL
1 night trip Sep 27, 2013