All hotels in Williamsburg, Virginia, United States of America

Great pool
    Uncomfortable
    Poor vibe
"Nice and simple..."
Wonderful place to come rest and relax after a day at the Busch Gardens, Water Country USA or Colonial Williamsburg...nice pool area ..simple but yet nice breakfast...nice cleaning lady from PR...would love to come back soon!
Response by Super 8 Williamsburg / Historic Area
Thanks for staying with us.
5 night family trip Jul 29, 2015
lilybett
"Good Value"
The room was ok, but I didn't expect much based on the cost. The pool was nice. The breakfast was decent. Very close to Busch Gardens.
1 night family trip Aug 1, 2015
Jeffrey
Room was nice and comfortable. A bit dated but who really cares! Smelled clean when we walked in. Breakfast was nice. Pool was nice. Staff very friendly and helpful! Would definitely stay here again!
Response by Super 8 Williamsburg / Historic Area
Thank you for staying with us and we hope you come back soon, Thank you again. Night auditor mark
Other trip Aug 4, 2015
Dana
"Ok for 1 night"
Need new mattresses, ours had a bowl shape. Needs a microwave
Response by Super 8 Williamsburg / Historic Area
Thank you for letting us no about microwave and bed we hope to see you again real soon. mgmt
"Better than expected!"
We needed an inexpensive hotel for just 2 nights near Busch Gardens for my wife and myself, and this one fit the bill. The room was as described. Nice, large bed. The room is older, but it was clean and did not have any strange smells. The air conditioner worked well and quiet (it was in the high 90's throughout our visit). Check in was easy, and the staff was friendly. I've definitely stayed in a lot worse for a lot more money, so it was a huge sigh of relief when we walked into the room and found it to be in good shape. The only "complaint" was that we did find a used wash cloth hidden in the shower curtain on the first night, but it was hanging in such a way that it wasn't easy to see and I'm sure they just missed it. It was gone after the room was cleaned that day. Otherwise, it was a stress-free and relaxing stay.
Response by Super 8 Williamsburg / Historic Area
Thank you for staying with us and we hope to see you all again soon, Thanks again. Night Auditor mark
Other trip Aug 3, 2015
"Close to the Bush Gardens and Water Country USA"
The hotel was ok. It had very spotty (free wi-fi) There were no kleenex in my room. No little bottles of shampoo or body wash. I normally bring my own but I figured since I was only staying two nights - it would be okay to use the hotel's, but, I did not have any so I had to go out and buy some, We stayed Friday-Sunday (left Sunday morning). Nothing was plugged in when we got there - which I thought was kind of strange. For breakfast - we were told that we HAD to remain there to eat and it made it kind of a nuisance to not be able to grab a bowl of cereal and toast and take it back to the room to get ready.
Response by Super 8 Williamsburg / Historic Area
Sorry for any problems we will do better the next time you stay with us. Thanks again
Other trip Aug 3, 2015
Price was good. Clean. Very little towels and the blankets were very thin. Nice shower and water pressure. Great location for all of Williamsburg attractions.
Response by Super 8 Williamsburg / Historic Area
Thank you for staying with us and we hope to see you again soon. mgmt
2 night romance trip Jul 29, 2015
"Not clean"
Room had roaches and it was dirty never again tub looked old beds where hard but AC worked good
Response by Super 8 Williamsburg / Historic Area
So sorry you had problems...But sorry to say we don't have roaches. we are doing our best to make every ones stay the best. and we hope you come back soon. mgmt
Other trip Aug 1, 2015
roberson
"I kept telling myself the Super 8 is okay but...."
Upon arrival I did ask if we could have a room on the ground floor due to my elderly Mom. The Assistant Manager did honor our request. The first non-smoking room reeked of smoke. The Assistant Manager did find us another room. The cleaning person was very nice in letting us spray the second room with more air freshner, and gave us a few extra disposable cups and supplies. The blow dryer was broken, the iron only became warm, and the bathroom fan was extremely loud. I found myself picking a few hairs off the bathroom tile and there was underwear under the bed. I didn't want to complain to the staff for I feel they were trying to do their best. The continental breakfast was good and the staff worked hard in making sure there was enough food for everyone. It looked like there was a full motel that night. The other hotel guests looked happy while eating breakfast so I kept telling myself the place must not be too bad. We were honest upfront and said that we now have three people in the room instead of two peole. We paid an extra $10 which was probably standard. The location to historic Williamsburg was great.
Response by Super 8 Williamsburg / Historic Area
Thank you for staying here. mgmt
1 night family trip Jul 25, 2015
Booked last minute and felt I got a good deal. Friendly service. Breakfast bar was OK, could have had more seating space.
Response by Super 8 Williamsburg / Historic Area
Thank you for staying here at super 8 we look forward to seeing you again.
1 night romance trip Jul 24, 2015
It was horrible I left before check because I kept seeing roaches in the bathroom
Other trip Jul 27, 2015
roberson
"a less expensive place to stay"
this is not high end but for a place to sleep it is fine and we were pleased
Response by Super 8 Williamsburg / Historic Area
Thank you for staying here at super 8 motel. Hope to see you again soon.
Other trip Jul 27, 2015
"It worked for us"
It is exactly what we expected for the brand and the price. We were just passing through and needed a place to sleep for one night. It worked for us.
Response by Super 8 Williamsburg / Historic Area
Thank you we hope to see you again. mgmt
1 night family trip Jul 17, 2015
Ross
The room was very smelly when we walked in. Thank goodness I brought air freshener and airwick plug ins. Carpet was dirty & it was not vacuum really well. Then the beds were not comfortable at all.Then housekeeping is very poor as in they did not fix the bed neatly and did not vacuum. TV is very old and makes the place really old too. Breakfast not really good. All in all this place needs renovation & better management.
Response by Super 8 Williamsburg / Historic Area
So sorry thank you for letting us no.
3 night family trip Jul 16, 2015
"Ok place to stay"
Fairly clean. Just a quick one night stay. Seems a little pricey for the room quality but you are most likely paying to be in the historic district. Breakfast left a lot to be desired.
1 night family trip Jul 19, 2015
Nolanna
"nice hotel"
Nice stay at a decent price. Will love to go back again.
4 night family trip Jul 16, 2015
Rajiv
"Better than we thought it would be"
We weren't expecting much from a Super 8, but it was actually one of the best hotels we stayed in. The pool was a great plus for the grandchildren, they had two washers and dryers working, and no problems with the air conditioner. It was very close to Historic Williamsburg, which is why we booked it. Pleasantly surprised.
Response by Super 8 Williamsburg / Historic Area
Thank you very much for staying with us and we hope to see you again real soon, We strive to make all our guest as comfy as possible. Again Thank you Night Auditor Mark
1 night family trip Jul 17, 2015
Gaye
"Poor upkeep!!"
bathroom was gross! Stain on bedding. Maid service didn't come one of the days but told front desk that we had a "do not disturb" sign on door. There was no such sign in the room. Very outdated and TV was really fuzzy.
Response by Super 8 Williamsburg / Historic Area
so sorry hope you come back soon.
3 night family trip Jul 17, 2015
Letitia
"Pleasant surprise- got what I paid for"
Stayed 3 nights- $156. Couldn't ask for more for price, room was fine, employees funny and polite, breakfast was free, pool was clean. Don't know what folks expect for this price. Would stay again. Great value in a nice safe location, close to everything. Room was a little old and had a minor smell but nothing my Febreeze couldn't fix.
Response by Super 8 Williamsburg / Historic Area
Thank you for staying here at super 8 motel and we hope to see you again soon. And I will buy some fabreeze. if it work's as good as you say. I can use the spraqy in the other room's. Have a great day and or night. mark
Other trip Jul 23, 2015
Jess
"Great budget place in Wburg"
Great price and location, clean with a great staff. We stayed three nights and although the place was packed, we didn't hear a peep from fellow guests.
Response by Super 8 Williamsburg / Historic Area
Thank you for staying here at super 8 Williamsburg,va We hope to see you again real soon. Again Thank you Night Auditor Mark
Other trip Jul 21, 2015
A
"The worst"
the first in counter is what counts, on our arrival the front desk person was very rood seem confused as per our request, 2 adjacent rooms, during our stay we were very inconvenient with the constant running of children during the early morning and late at knight. I will never recomend any one to stay at this hotel.
so sorry thank you
6 night family trip Jun 20, 2015
S.
"Great stay and value"
My girlfriend and I stayed one night while visiting family and going to Busch gardens. The super 8 is close to everything and in the height of tourism season cannot be beaten. Hotel front desk staff was very courteous and allowed us an early check in to drop out bags before heading to the park. The room was clean and nicely decorated and we will definitely stay there again
Response by Super 8 Williamsburg / Historic Area
Thank you for staying with us and we hope to see you again soon Bj
1 night romance trip Jul 14, 2015
gregory
Good experience everything was great except for the bed mattress was uncomfortable
Response by Super 8 Williamsburg / Historic Area
so sorry for the bed we are replacing the bed's as fast as we can take care be safe.
Other trip Jul 18, 2015
"Horrible room!"
Horrible! Room was filthy! Air conditioning smelled like wet dog! Carpet stained. We will never stay there again. It gave us the creeps. Nasty!!!! Do not recommend!!!
Response by Super 8 Williamsburg / Historic Area
So sorry for anything you had problems with hope to see you again soon. Thank you
1 night family trip Jul 11, 2015
Brenda
"Clean is the best I can say"
Faulty wiring in lamps shocked my grandchild and mom, hard beds, staff lies about repairs, horrible cell signal. Don't go here. Ever.
Response by Super 8 Williamsburg / Historic Area
So sorry you had problem's But we check room's every day and we did not find any problems with wireing. come again soon Thank you
Other trip Jul 15, 2015
"Awful experience"
We asked for non smoke room and we got one but the smoke smell was terrible!! The blankets the pillows smelled smoke. The pool condition was very bad also.
So sorry
1 night family trip Jul 11, 2015
Lorena
"Near everything"
Location is so perfect for us. Near water country, colonial, busch garden & outlet.
Response by Super 8 Williamsburg / Historic Area
Thank you for staying with us and we hope to see you again real soon.
Other trip Jul 13, 2015
preggy
"Pictures Lie"
We booked a room for 5 people,non smoking...when we got there, I had to wait 10+ minutes to check in because the guy at the counter could barely speak English when dealing with someone else. We got to our room and it reeked of cigarette smoke and was only a room for 4 people. We complained and still had to paid $20 extra to get a non smoking room for 5 people!!! Pictures were VERY misleading!! And breakfast was a joke, we ending up going out to get some actual food!
1 night family trip Jul 10, 2015
Shelly
There was mold and mildew on shower curtains. And crude on faucet in sink. I didnt like the fact that they wouldnt seperate bill since i did it thru hotels.com and we had an emergency that didnt allow us to stay second night but i got charged anyway. That sucked
Response by Super 8 Williamsburg / Historic Area
Sorry thank you for staying.
2 night family trip Jul 6, 2015
clarence l
Ok for the money
Thank you for staying at super 8 motel. mgmt
2 night family trip Jul 3, 2015
"Very uncomfortable"
The beds were hard and very uncomfortable. The room was not as clean as it should be. When we first walked in the room smelled like mildew.
Thank you for staying at super 8 motel
Other trip Jul 10, 2015
"Family vacation"
It wasn't worth what we paid for
Response by Super 8 Williamsburg / Historic Area
So sorry you had any problem's we are doing our best to make super 8 historic a nice place to stay thank you for staying here. Mgnt
1 night family trip Jul 3, 2015
robert
"Our stay at Williamsburg"
We had reserved 3 rooms and they were all together. That was wonderful. We could be close to all our family members.
Response by Super 8 Williamsburg / Historic Area
We areb very glad you had a nive stay here at super 8 motel williamsburg,va And we hope to see you again real soon. Again thanks Night Auditor Mark
3 night family trip Jun 29, 2015
Tammy K
"convenient access to historical sites"
This was a fine hotel. The breakfast was pretty minimal but it was very conveniently located for access to the "triangle," and a good Mexican restaurant right next door. I would stay here again.
Response by Super 8 Williamsburg / Historic Area
Thanks for staying with us we strive to make everyone's stay the best. And we hope to see you all again soon. Take care be safe this 4th of july. Thanks again Night Auditor Mark
3 night family trip Jun 28, 2015
Donald
"Close to Busch gardens"
Clean, quiet, close to the park, the historic area is also right down road.
Response by Super 8 Williamsburg / Historic Area
Thank you for staying with us here at Super 8 Motel and we hope to see you all again soon. Take care be safe this 4th of july Night Auditor Mark
1 night romance trip Jun 29, 2015
"The rude American housekeeper"
The stay was good except for the rude American housekeeping manager that treated me like a thief when I tried to take breakfast up to the room for my wife and kids because they were still sleeping. He said "I can see that you stack up all of my food to bring to your room. You better let the front desk know." Then when I talked to the front desk, he interupted me and said "he is taking all those food up to the room for his wife and SOMEBODY ELSE." He was very rude, he either called my kids somebody else or hinting that I had more peoople in my room. I did not even have that much food...just a small ice tray from the room.
Response by Super 8 Williamsburg / Historic Area
Don't worry it will be taken care of. Have a nice day and or night.
1 night family trip Jun 21, 2015
Vinh-Hung
"Poor customer service"
Everything was great other then the customer service. They were extremely rude. If your going to stay here avoid the hotel attendants.
2 night family trip Jun 19, 2015
Victoria
"Pretty standard super 8"
Pretty much what you would expect from a Super 8, room was clean enough but not super nice, had a nice pool area, and parking. The area around in didn't have much to offer for food options except for one mexican place. The continental breakfast was a bit subpar with frozen waffles as the best item available. One of the staff members chewed out another one during the continental breakfast time right behind the staff desk which was really unprofessional. They should have taken the person in the back to discuss the issue instead.
Response by Super 8 Williamsburg / Historic Area
So sorry you had any problem's while staying here at super 8 we hope you will stop in again. Thank you BJ
2 night romance trip Jun 5, 2015
"Dirty!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
check in go to room someone is already in that room, gave us another room filthy dirty used towels floors not swept hair in the shower gross! Went to front office the manager was there he did not care to resolve the issues! will never stay at a motel 8 again gross!
Response by Super 8 Williamsburg / Historic Area
So sorry for any problems you may have had. Thanks for letting us no.
Other trip Jun 20, 2015
"Just right..."
Very comfortable. Just what we expected. Nothing overly fancy, but just right. Staff was very courteous. Room was ready when expected. Location was just right. My husband and I agree that we will definitely be staying here again
Response by Super 8 Williamsburg / Historic Area
Thanks for staying with us and we hope to see you again. thank you again. Mgmt
1 night romance trip Jun 13, 2015
James P
"Racial discrimination incident"
When my family and I ate breakfast that morning, their old white male employee was complaining about what happened on the food he prepared. He said "Wow! What happened here?? It's like a hurricane!" At first I just didnt mind him. After our breakfast, we went back to the room and get our stuff. Then my mom and I came back to the reception area to bring back the cards. I was talking to the receptionist and I saw the same guy facing us and gave us a BIG SIGH!! I dont care if he has mental problems or some sort but I felt some racial discrimination towards us and I want him fired so nothing else like this can happen. No wonder why your rating at that location was 2.9.
1 night family trip Jun 11, 2015
"Close to historic williamsburg"
The hotel was a good deal for it´s price and location.The price was fair and the room was clean and confortable . Very convenient after all.
Response by Super 8 Williamsburg / Historic Area
Thank you for staying with us and we hope to see you again real soon. Again thank's
3 night business trip Jun 1, 2015
daniella
"BED BUGS"
DO NOT go to this hotel... we thought based upon the star review that it would be ok to go there after busch gardens and lay our heads down so we did not have to drive back to Northern Virginia. Needless to say my husband and I woke up due to itching and had to leave... We had been bitten by what appeared to be bedbugs. My husband had about 4 of them in an area on the side of his back...I had one on my head. We left.... The room smelled like mold. We called the hotel later and spoke to a gentleman who had a very thick accent who stated he was the Manager. When we told him what happened, his response was i will look into it. No I am sorry, how awful... nothing. I could not believe it. We got home and had to put all clothes in laundry. Suitcase in plastic to ensure we did not bring what appeared to be bed bugs into our home. COMPLETELY DISGUSTING!!!!!
1 night family trip Jun 6, 2015
Corine
Too much of old: dresser, bed, TV. Needs updating!!
Other trip Jun 1, 2015
"Good for the price.."
Room was comfortable. Breakfast service was excellent. There was one hotel employee there all the time taking care of guests. Front desk was helpful and cordial. Only one mood off was when we saw a cockroach in the room.
Response by Super 8 Williamsburg / Historic Area
Thank you for staying with us.
2 night family trip May 23, 2015
"about average, good location"
For the price this hotel was quite average and exactly as expected. I could only ask that they re-caulk the doors to keep the noise from outside down. Breakfast wasn't worth a mention, the food was kept out to long, plan to eat else where, there's a pancake shop down the street for example, or better yet Aromas coffee shop. Overall I would go back but just for the price.
Response by Super 8 Williamsburg / Historic Area
Thank you for staying with us and we hope to see you again.
2 night romance trip May 15, 2015
Ryan
"You get what you pay for"
You get what you pay for. Staff was nice just the room was dated and smelled. I put the towels on the bed and slept in my cloths spend the extra 10-15 and go someplace else. Will not go back
Response by Super 8 Williamsburg / Historic Area
So sorry thanks for staying with us.
2 night family trip May 15, 2015
Christopher
"Thats what you get for a 65 dol room"
I spent$65 for my room and i got a bot surprised that it was not a terrible room. It was clean and confortable and we just wanted a nica bed to sleep so...i like i!
Response by Super 8 Williamsburg / Historic Area
Thanks for staying with us and we hope to see you again soon. Take care be safe. Mark
1 night family trip May 16, 2015
Isabella
"Conditions slipping as we stay there 2 times a yea"
Box springs sleeked every time you moved. Ice machine not working 3 days. Front desk personnel non responsive to conditions as they "were" working.
Response by Super 8 Williamsburg / Historic Area
I would like to thank you for letting us no that we strive to make everyone's stay the best there is here at super 8 motel. Again thanks for letting us no. Mark
2 night romance trip May 15, 2015
"Very Comfy, Cosy, and Convenient"
The hotel overall was much better than I had expected, and I have stayed in several (14+) hotels in the Williamsburg and Newport News areas over the last two years. I will certainly recommend the Super 8 Williamsburg, 2nd Street to family and friends desiring to visit historic Wmsbg in the future.
Response by Super 8 Williamsburg / Historic Area
Thank you very much, And we hope to see you and your friend's and family again real soon. Night Auditor Mark
1 night family trip May 16, 2015