All hotels in Sanford, Maine, United States of America
1892 Main Street, Sanford, ME, 04073, United States of America, ‏‎855-238-1592

Clean
    Good internet service
    Comfortable
The room and staff was fine. The only issue was entering the hotel from the side entrance around 11pm and having to carve a path through 6-8 "interesting" looking smokers.... It did not give us a great first impression of the motel!!
Other trip Jun 7, 2014
D
The staff was very pleasant and helpful to us. The room was clean and quiet. The price was very fair, and the free breakfast was excellent! We would stay there again for sure.
Other trip Jun 2, 2014
"Black mold"
The bathroom ceiling was covered with black mold. There was also black mold behind the toilet. If you have other options - use them! Do NOT stay here.
1 night trip Apr 24, 2014
Blech
"Super8, Much Better Than I Expected!"
I was very pleased with just how nice the hotel room was, it looked like it should've been at least a 3/4 star rated room. The blankets were a little itchy, and there was not enough cups for coffee, and the chair had gross looking stains, but other than those minor details, it was wonderful. I loved the breakfast, and the TV, the shampoo and soap were more than I expected too. Thank You!
Other trip Mar 29, 2014
ME
"near where we where going"
hotel nice, clean ready for you.
1 night trip Jan 4, 2014
"A good, simple Overnight stopping place"
Quiet room....close to a Super-Walmart, which was convenient. This was a good, no-frills place too stop and recuperate for the night during a long road trip.
1 night trip Dec 22, 2013
"great for the money"
Good stay
1 night trip Nov 18, 2013
TJ
"Overnight business trip"
This motel is an old facility, but the excellent friendly staff and cleanliness make it a good value for the price.
Other trip Nov 4, 2013
The Hotel was clean, had nice amenities, and a pleasant and helpful staff. It was within walking distance to a Super Walmart which I found very convenient. Our room was overlooking Rt 109 but we were never bothered by any traffic noise. The hotel has no elevator and as a senior citizen with a room on the second floor, getting my luggage up the stairs was an issue. I customarily ask for accomodations on the ground floor and made my request two weeks prior to my arrival but no ground floor rooms were available upon arrival. The price paid was very reasonable for the value. I would recommend this hotel to anyone and will stay here again when I am in the area.
5 night trip Oct 13, 2013
"Small rooms and cool showers"
Room was very small. There were two of us in a 2 double bed room. Had there been more than 2 we would have been very crowded. Not enough hot water for 2 showers in the morning. TV channel line up did not match what we got on the TV and we wanted to watch the MLB ALCS. I spoke with the front desk and asked for an updated listing and she was unable to provide one. She said the channels are all different and she could not help us. Positives were the fridge and microwave.
1 night trip Oct 12, 2013
"Super 8 Sanford"
Convenient location for exploring maine and new hampshire. Excellent price too!
Other trip Oct 16, 2013
"Dissatisfied"
I read the reviews before booking this hotel and was under the impression it was clean. We booked a non smoking room.. and upon entry to the building realized that the hotel was permeated with cigarette smoke. Our non smoking room was located on the second floor. Being hopeful, we unlocked the door and found it slightly less obnoxious. When I say slightly.. I mean, the difference was barely measurable. In addition the sheets were NOT clean, the toilet hadn't been cleaned in some time .. and included hair as did the shower. We opened the window in an attempt to get some fresh air while we slept. Since it was a cold evening in Maine, it was hard to choose freezing or smoke inhalation. We froze.. and left early.. I'm in my forties and have never stayed in a hotel so filthy. Nor will I do so again.
Other trip Oct 15, 2013
Emily
"Small noisy room"
Called front desk @ 3:00 am. noise above, moving furniture, stomping, loud strange going's on. We were told people above checked in @ 11:00 pm out at 6:00 am.. Our conclusion, the local bordello was over us.
Other trip Oct 7, 2013
"near great eating and shopping"
Really Enjoyed the stay
3 night trip Sep 16, 2013
The Porch Gorilla
"They should check their rooms before selling!"
Checked into room and the smell of smoke was overwhelming. Unfortunately, it was the only room available. Still acceptable as we knew going in that this was a smoking room. Because of our event, we had to check out of the room extra early. The hotel did not give a wakeup call, even though we had scheduled it. We were denied breakfast because it was too early. Again, fine because we knew we would be early. 4 hours later, I received a call on my cell by an irate person that my room was trashed! They proceeded to charge my credit card a ridiculous charge. I’ve stayed at hundreds of hotel rooms over the years… This is the first time I have ever been scammed by a hotel! I would stay away at all costs! This is just my experience, but can happen to anyone! Good luck!!!
1 night trip Sep 7, 2013
"Nice hotel, great room amenities"
I had to attend a wedding in the area I checked in the day before the wedding the ,in ring I had asked for a later check out because the wedding was. 12:30 pm, they accommodated my request, they did however charge me for the two rooms I booked. I didn't appreciate that it was on,y an hour later.
Other trip Sep 8, 2013
wanda
"A bit out of the way, but worth the extra drive."
Prices in that general area are relatively high. Though the Super 8 Motel charged lower prices my wife and I were extremely pleased with the condition of the room and the comfort of the bed. I'm a light sleeper and can be easily awakened by traffic sounds. This was not the case at this location. If you're traveling through that general area we would highly recommend this motel if you're just looking for a place to stay overnight.
Other trip Aug 27, 2013
"Excellent value"
*prime location; conveniently located adjacent to numerous area tourist attractions and dining destinations. *high quality room; clean, NO SMOKE SMELL (even though we had a smoking room, when i entered the room at the beginning of my stay I had to check and make sure it actually was a smoking room as there was no trace of anyone smoking until i saw the signs on other doors and the ashtrays that came with the room). *high quality amenities; large television, good fridge and microwave and wireless connection especially considering the relatively low price for this room during the busy season (august) *great overall value; if visiting the kennenbunkport/ogunquit area, I highly recommend this location. I chose it as it was relatively cheap compared to most "higher class" maine hotels and was extremely pleasantly surprised, $250/night level quality at a fraction of the cost!
3 night romance trip Aug 16, 2013
"A pleasant surprise"
Super 8 should use this as a model for all of their other properties !
2 night trip Aug 14, 2013
T.F.
"very nice"
Saw the excellent rating on Hotel.com and booked a room here. We were not disapointed. Very clean room and no odors. amenities were sparse but for the price no complaints at all . We would definitely stay here again.
1 night trip Aug 8, 2013
"next to airport"
I have stayed here 4 times now and they are doing some improvements but who ever cleans the rooms must have a phobia about cleaning bathrooms. Every room I have stayed in has a bad urine smell in the bathroom and the floor is sticky.
2 night business trip Aug 6, 2013
mp
Our room was close to the smoking area of the motel, so it too smelled of smoke, even though it was technically a non-smoking room. Also, I think that people were smoking outside, and the smoke was drawn into the room by the air conditioner. There was a lot of noise and commotion with raised voices in the hallway after midnight. Just as we were going to call the desk or 9-1-1, it got quiet. Frankly, I would hesitate to stay here again.
1 night trip Aug 3, 2013
"centrally located for all coastal functions"
loved it.... next door to walmarts....down the street from Ocean Lots and Marsden's
Other trip Jul 30, 2013
Jim K
"It was alright."
I liked the hotel, except for the fact that they charge extra for 2 people staying in a room with two beds, rather than just 1 person staying in a room with two beds. They claim it's a discount for one person, but I think it's just an extra charge for 2 people. Also, our room was nonsmoking, on a nonsmoking floor, but we could still smell the old stench of smoke in the room and surrounding hallway...
2 night romance trip Jul 19, 2013
"Very nice and reasonably priced"
This was not a planned stop but worked out perfectly due to a late night trip between Boston airport and Bangor. It is a terrific motel with large clean rooms and extremely friendly and helpful staff. I plan to add this motel as my twice a year stay-over for Freeport shopping on my way north.
1 night trip Jul 17, 2013
"Nice Place"
For the price and location (on a busy street between a Lowes and Wal-mart), I thought it was great. The AC worked really well though a bit loud. I thought the bed was very comfortable and I really liked the somewhat thin pillows (my preference actually).
Other trip Jul 22, 2013
"Average and get what you pay for"
Clean outdated rooms. 6 channels but since we were there mostly to sleep it served its purpose. Under $100 and clean, that's all we needed.
1 night business trip Jul 15, 2013
Blc
"Far from everything"
It was good for a one night stop. Good front office people.
1 night trip Jul 8, 2013
"great deal"
Far from main towns but clean and cozy. It's got free wifi, free parking, free breakfast and cheap washing machine with dryer. Price affordable.
2 night trip Jul 7, 2013
Wlad
"super 8 super clean"
room was very clean which is a must for my family. liked that the room had a fridge and microwave. the air conditioner was very loud and had trouble sleeping the first night. for a family of four the beds were small. but for the price is was comfortable enough.
2 night trip Jul 3, 2013
"No frills, but spotlessly clean"
This motel is located right on the main road at the far end of the town of Sanford. The back rooms look out on Lowe's and Walmart; the front rooms are right on the road. The place was immaculately clean, and everything functioned perfectly. A romantic country inn getaway it is not, but then again, it is vey reasonably priced. All in all, I felt like we got what we paid for, and it is a clean, well-kept, utilitarian spot to stay when passing through southern Maine.
1 night family trip Jun 29, 2013
"Easy place to stay."
No frills, but the staff was nice, my room was spotless, and it was convenient to what I needed.
1 night business trip Jun 16, 2013
Teri
"I will come again."
Clean, comfortable bed, great breakfast.
2 night trip May 24, 2013
Kate
excellent value,only suggestion would be to have an entire wing smoke free as it was unpleasant walking past the smoker's rooms near our's.
1 night trip Apr 23, 2013
My son and I weren't happy initially because the card we got first didn't work, and by the time we got a new one and got in and then unloaded the car, we couldn't find a list anywhere of a place to eat nearby. did some internet research, but that took time and then everything was closed so we were stuck with fast food. might be helpful to include that list for guests, along with hours of operation. but the room was clean and served its purpose!
1 night trip Apr 5, 2013
"close to waltmart"
I love having a fridge and microwave. room was clean
2 night trip Apr 5, 2013
The breakfast wasnt great by any means and the place smelled funny however the room was very clean and the customer service was good
1 night business trip Mar 2, 2013
sam

"Generally happy"
We were quite comfortable in the room and the staff was friendly. If there was a downside it would be the tight quarters in the breakfast area with only three tables I sat out in the lobby to eat.
1 night romance trip Aug 20, 2015
Wayne
"First Time Visit by Leo's Wife"
I had an appointment just down the road at the airport. Your motel, unknowingly to me at the time I made my reservation, was only a 3 minute drive away from my appt. The room was very clean,very comfortable,WiFi, convenient to stores to grab a bite to eat, great neighborhood and the staff was exceptionally pleasant. I would definitely stay there again, and will recommend it to anyone needing a place to stay in that area. Thanks for making our visit a pleasant one. Mary Hynes
1 night business trip Aug 12, 2015
"Not as good as it used to be"
I have stayed here a number of times since 1992. The last time was in 2008 and the only change I noticed since 2008 was that the cleanliness of the rooms wasn't as good as it used to be. The first (non-smoking) room we were given smelled of smoke and there was a large chunk of dirt (around 5 by 2 cm or 2 by 3/4 inches) on the bathroom floor. We got another room that was cleaner but there was still some hairs and dirt on the bathroom floor. I would opt to stay at a Hampton Inn or similar further away from Sanford next time I visit Sanford as the standard of the Super 8 has declined.
Other trip Apr 28, 2015
J
"Smoking rooms"
Me and my friend stayed here for two nights. When I booked the hotel there was no choice smoking or no smoking rooms. We got stuck with a smoking room, neither one of us smoke. The rooms smelled terrible!
2 night trip Aug 16, 2014
"55 th.Anniversary"
Our stay was enjoyable, we liked it very much. Hotel room clean, Comfortable
2 night romance trip Jul 9, 2014
Kalman Acs
"Clean and comfortable room"
Room is clean, staff is friendly. Well worth the cost, but have to be willing to drive 10-15 minutes to the beach.
Other trip Jul 6, 2014
Erik
It was a good stay would go back again
1 night trip Aug 5, 2013
Jane S
"Stay away from this hotel!"
We originally book this hotel because it was inexpensive and thought it should be ok for only a one night stay. BIG MISTAKE. The hotel booked us in a 2nd floor. There were no elevator. As we lug our belongings to our 2nd floor room, we can smell people has been smoking in the hallway. Our room also smell of cigarette smoke (even though we specifically requested non-smoking room). For some reason, there is a strong curry smell at one end of the hallway which my wife and kids noticed also. We demanded another room on the 1st floor because of the smell. Our bathroom tub looks dirty and was stained. The room has a damp smell. The air conditioning was noisy. The TV remote control low in battery. Fluorescent lights in bathroom flickers. Curtains cannot be closed. Bed cover ripped. We can hear people walking upstairs. The complementary breakfast was a joke. Just 3 tables in the lobby next to the entrance doorway. Not much to choose from for breakfast. The fruits was hidden away on the check-in counter top. Very unfriendly front desk attendant in the morning (I guess he is the owner). You get what you pay for! Be forewarned!
1 night trip Aug 4, 2013
1 night stay

"Affordable and clean room."
Quite satisfied about our stay in Sanford. Room was clean, bed comfortable and price reasonable.
1 night romance trip Aug 28, 2015
"Hotel à conseiller"
Ça répond bien à nos attentes: accueil, propreté, emplacement de l'hotel, rapport qualité prix. À conseiller pour les vacanciers de Ogunquit beach.
2 night family trip Aug 20, 2015
Ambinintsoa
"Very low standard"
Smells like an ashtray. Cigarette burns on beadspread and sheets. Evening shift clerks useless and unfriendly. It's ok for a stop and go.
5 night romance trip Jun 27, 2015
Lucie
"Gute Lage/ nette Leitung"
Waren in den letzten 6 Jahren immer wieder dort; ordentliche Leitung, freundlicher Empfang. Sehr guter Ausgangspunkt für Ausflüge in die nähere Umgebung. Kommen wieder.
2 night family trip Oct 12, 2014
DE
"Très bonne halte"
Situé près d'un supermarché, l'hôtel est très pratique avec son réfrigérateur et son micro-ondes dans la chambre pour une halte de nuit et qu'on ne va pas dîner au restaurant. L'hôtel est bien tenu et pas bruyant.
1 night trip Jun 24, 2014