All hotels in Campbell River, British Columbia, Canada

• Wellness
    Sufficient wellness & sports facilities
    Ordinary pool
    Poor vibe

"No better choice for cost effective accomodation."
Had a family birthday party to attend in Campbell River and needed overnight accommodation for my wife and I. The C R Travelodge which we chose through Hotels.com was perfect. Close to the party venue and relatives, right on the route into downtown, easy parking and we were able to prepay, so almost no time at check-in. The big accolade I gave the clerk at the front desk was that they had a power bar on the wall between our beds for our iPads and iPhones, a first in all our travels; what a convenience. Breakfast, as always at Travelodges, was just great and the waffles hit the spot before we got on the road again for home. All in all, an enjoyable spot to overnight in Campbell River !
1 night romance trip Jun 13, 2015
Wayne M.
"PERFECT FOR A SHORT STAY"
the beds were very good and firm , had great sleeps for 4 nights....bathrooms are a bit skimpy, no counter to put toiletries.
4 night romance trip Jun 11, 2015
erika
"Just ok Hotel"
Ok hotel, good location, free breakfast was satisfying, liked breakfast room facing water, room itself was clean but needed lights on because the room and location of the back facing room was quite dark and didn't feel light and airy.
Other trip May 29, 2015
"fishing trip"
very nice friendly staff great value
5 night family trip May 15, 2015
"Great value in Campbell river"
We were only there for one night so booked on expedia just needing a place with easy access - right by beach walkway! I had a bath with beautifully hot water and slept well - breakfast is simple yet included waffles and hard-boiled eggs.
Other trip May 19, 2015
jennifer
"Good rates, satisfactory rooms"
The pool hot tub could have been turned down several degrees. The towels definitely need to be larger. Neighborhood is poorly rate because I was next to a highway, fairly loud at all times night and day. The desk in my room had some holes in it. The bed was comfortable but slightly bouncy. All in all, it was worth it.
2 night romance trip May 8, 2015
"everything I needed."
it was an all around pleasant experience, nice and friendly staff, clean room and I liked the waffle machine they have.
Other trip May 12, 2015
Rey
"Campbell River Travel Lodge"
The Travel Lodge at Campbell River was very clean however, it was quite worn out and needs redoing. The breakfast was nice and had a good variety of food.
Other trip Apr 26, 2015
Quick and easy check in. Helpful friendly staff. Room needed to be aired out but it was ok. Clean.
Other trip Apr 20, 2015
"Nice Staff, Reasonable Rates"
Stayed here one night and it was a good experience. The hotel is very dated, but was clean, the staff was nice and the continental breakfast was decent. The bed was comfortable, all amenities worked ok (ie. Sink, Shower, TV, Coffee Maker, etc.) Very close to the water if you want to take a walk down to the beach. There was a mini monsoon while we where there so couldn't check out any of the pathways by the water. I'd stay here again, for any other travelers looking to stay here just realize its not the Ritz, look for a good rate, and you'll be fine.
Other trip Apr 16, 2015
Dustin
"Nice hotel, beautiful town, close to the water"
We really enjoyed our stay there. The town is very pretty and make sure to visit dicks fish and chips for supper.
Other trip Apr 1, 2015
sue
"Great hotel by the ocean"
Great stay, just one night with friends. Nice hotel, great location and a minutes walk from the pub. We had a trailer full of dirt bikes which we were able to park directly behind our room window and with a security camera pointed on them all night which was re-assuring.
1 night trip with friends Mar 21, 2015
Reece
"big mistake"
You booked me in a pet room, my husband has allergy's to cats. We noticed a smell to the room so opened the window, as the evening went on my husband began to wheez. At bedtime I noticed pet hair on the floor and on the furniture. Need I say it was to late to change rooms. My husband had a very bad night and following day. We were able to change rooms the next day and the hotel wouldn't compensate for the mistake. When we checked in the lady at the desk noticed the mistake and said she would put us in another room but somehow unbeknownst to us we were in a pet room so they made a mistake as well. This was a bad mistake my husband could have end up in hospital. I am very upset with the hotel and booking. Com I will never stay at a Travel Lodge again and won't book through hotels.Com. Some needs to compensate me for the suffering my husband went through.
2 night romance trip Mar 17, 2015
Denise
"Nice room with view of water"
Had a single queen with a view, quiet and clean. Internet was sketchy during the day but good at night. I'd stay there again.
Other trip Mar 20, 2015
lanny
"Business"
Business trip not at hotel much
1 night business trip Mar 17, 2015
Good nights stay, appreicated the complimentary breakfast
Other trip Mar 15, 2015
Ele
"temp hard to regulate----Fan high or low & noisy"
nothing to write home about--this was my first time booking a hotel online and when I got to the hotel I had to give them my credit card for a "holding" fee-----they say in case of damage!! This really bothered me... I don't think I will book online again----------
Other trip Feb 11, 2015
Maureen
"the facility is too old"
the staff is good, but the hotel has nothing special.
Other trip Jan 27, 2015
ANNE
"Getaway to Whistler"
Getaway to Whistler: Convenient, quietly lactated on old Island Hwy across from the beach. Hotel could use a little upgrading, but was comfortable. Staff was pleasant and pool, hot tub were welcome after a day on the hill.The next morning we were invited to use their waffle maker! Unfortunately, we did not know that by calling the hotel directly we could have saved an extra %10. off the price we paid as we are BCAA members.
1 night romance trip Jan 19, 2015
robert james
"Disappointed in Travelodge"
The hotel is quite old and not renovated. They have old style bedding and very old bathroom. One blanket. Heater was extremely loud. The parking lot was very dark, next to a trailer park and the highway. Breakfast was good.
1 night business trip Jan 6, 2015
"Good place to stay."
Good value, good parking, convenient
2 night business trip Nov 19, 2014
"Pleasant stay"
We stayed one night while away from home. Check-in and check-out were both incredibly easy, and the staff was very friendly. The continental breakfast was very well stocked. The room was comfortable, clean and had everything we needed. The location, despite not being 'right downtown', was quiet and easy to find.
1 night romance trip Nov 11, 2014
Kali
"Waste of MONEY!!!!"
I don't usually write reviews about places , but i have to about this hotel my stay with them was below poor . I request to have towels sent to my room , they told me to come pick them up at the front desk ,also they have a swimming pool but don't supply robes.Sleeping at night i can hear people talking in the hallway ,as well above our room i can hear them walking around ...The review rating they have for this hotel is a lie , the only thing that was decent was the breakfast ..... P.S. It's also right beside a trailer park, not a good one .
1 night family trip Oct 9, 2014
sanjay
"Excellent hotel"
While Travelodges may have a reputation of basic accomodation, this one is an exception, the quality and service of this hotel is excellent, it was very clean, the beds are very comfortable, it is in a very good location directly opposite the beach and 5 mins from downtown. For the price you pay it is more than reasonable.
3 night trip with friends Sep 29, 2014
Peter Wilson
"Basic but comfortable"
Stayed here for one night doing a Bear tour. Very basic but clean and breakfast was included
Other trip Oct 3, 2014
"Ocean View"
Enjoyed the stay . Only complaint would be faulty toilet and poor shower head with low water pressure .Room was very sound proof and we experienced no hallway or traffic noises . Staff were amazing . We wouldn't hesitate to stay here again .
2 night business trip Sep 26, 2014
Harris
"overall fine."
Carpeting a bit outdated. Nice to have the pool and hot tub.Breakfast option was grateful received.
1 night trip Sep 18, 2014
Peggy
"ok"
Nothing fancy, but we just needed a place to sleep..filled the bill. Was clean and easily accessible.
Other trip Sep 12, 2014
"Central location, get oceanside room with a view"
it was ok, just needed a place to stay for the night. In town for a funeral.
1 night trip Sep 6, 2014
"Comfortable for an overnight"
Arrived late and departed early, but that is only because we needed a quick overnight enroute to a destination. Was very basic -- clean and comfortable.
1 night trip Sep 5, 2014
Stephen
"Very nice place to stay"
The staff was very polite, the rooms were clean, the pool was great, and so was the breakfast. Ocean view and close to shops.
Other trip Sep 1, 2014
had a good time
"Adequate hotel a bit out of city centre with pool"
We had a bit of trouble finding it since a new highway 19 has recently been built so it is now South of the main city centre on coast road 19 A. It was also after quite a long journey and drive in hot day and a hire car. We used it as a base and found evening food walking distance at local pub to South or elsewhere. We stayed 6 nights between Sat 1st to Thur 7th August 2014. During a heat wave. Great to have fridge, coffee maker and aircon in room. Since I drink tea a kettle would have also been handy. Pool was small but we used it a few times. Breakfast room sometimes a bit full but, food in with the room price easy to take outside. Moderate choice and good to have some central facilities. It was full or almost full most nights of our stay and we got some noise from pool machinery and other guests in pool and car park but comfortable adequate room and facilities.
Other trip Aug 26, 2014
Ursula
"Convenient location, close to relatives home"
We arrived late but were met by a very friendly receptionist, very pleasant after a whole day of driving.
Other trip Aug 25, 2014
Ron
An ok overnight stay if you don't spend much time in your room.Breakfast ok. Staff friendly.
3 night trip Aug 20, 2014
"Quick Stop"
We stopped off after a couple nights camping. It was nice to have a shower and a good bed. The hotel is right off the beach which was nice but there were not any shops (i.e. grocery, restaurants, liquor stores) nearby.
1 night romance trip Aug 6, 2014
"Lovely ocean view"
Very pleasant hotel and good value. Not sure I liked plastic cutlery, paper plates and cups at breakfast but can understand logic. Good breakfast menu, if somewhat limited.
Other trip Aug 8, 2014
"Campbell River hiking trip 2014"
Expected much better room and location. The room smelled terrible upon arrival. Had to keep windows open throughout the stay and deal with highway traffic. We had 2 group of friends in hotel and they rating is very similar to ours.
3 night trip with friends Jul 29, 2014
Hooshang
A nice place to stay for a short term visit, the staff was very helpful and friendly.
2 night business trip Jul 19, 2014
"hotel close to the bay"
nice friendly staff at the hotel very nice experience had a nice time and good service
Other trip Jul 26, 2014
The motel is a quick drive into downtown and there is a great walking path along the beach just across the highway. You might want to request a room at the back if you are light sleeper. And if you park downtown be advised they have extremely keen parking patrols.
2 night trip Jul 9, 2014
Shirl
Very small room for 4 people. Wouldn't drink from coffee pot but for the price it served it's purpose.
2 night trip Jul 12, 2014
"Good value, good location"
We found this stay to be excellent. It was not overpriced, very convenient location, and the hot tub was very warm, just the way I like it. I would recommend this motel to everyone. Breakfast was convenient also.
Other trip Jul 15, 2014
Roxie
"Ok hotel in a good location"
Everything was fine in the room. Average comfort nothing more. The bathroom was a good size but the TUB - omg gross. Completely yellow tub (was white at one time - yrs ago). It was a shower with shoes on kind of tub and defiantly not bath our child in! The swimming pool and hot tub were ok, not very clean or anything above average for sure.... We stayed here years ago once, tried it again and won't again unless we need that price range again.
Other trip Jul 13, 2014
"Nice hotel, close to beach and decent rates"
Nice place to crash for a few nights. AC was a bit loud and would have been nicer if controlled by an wall mounted thermostat but place is old so thems the breaks.
Other trip Jul 9, 2014
c
"Wouldn't go back"
The room had electrical problems, plug-ins would work intermittently if at all. Room wasn't cleaned thourouly upon arrival. They have coin laundry, when we got the laundry key from the front desk they forgot to inform us the dryer didn't work. Then didn't refund our money, saying "there is nothing we can do". Highlight of breakfast was room temperature hard boiled eggs and a waffle machine. the view from the room was
Other trip Jul 5, 2014
Sara
"Close to beach"
Noisy, walk in costomers got a discount , I booked a head and never. Was told I'd get a $10 refund which never happened. I won't stay here again.
Other trip Jul 1, 2014
mary
"close to all must-see sights"
Excellent Service, Clean & Tidy
4 night trip Jun 20, 2014
Mr B
"It was great having such close access to the beach"
We just stayed one night, but would certainly stay again another time. The lodge was right along the highway so easy to find. It was also along the waterfront, so access to the beach-walk was convenient.
Other trip Jun 25, 2014
Marnie
"Room"
Room smelled of old stale used hotel room. Clean. Windows were covered with moisture between glass panes.
Other trip Jun 14, 2014
Robett
"AnnualSt. John Ambulance Competition Accommodation"
We stayed for 2 days and the front desk were very friendly and accommodating. Very informative and gave great directions for the amenities in Campbell River area.
Other trip Jun 9, 2014