All hotels in Torrington, Connecticut, United States of America
492 East Main St, Torrington, CT, 06790, United States of America, ‏‎855-238-1590

The front desk helped me with my internet connection that I was having trouble with.
Other trip Apr 24, 2014
"comfort and convenience with good basic services"
The Torrington Days Inn, conveniently located in Litchfield county west of Hartford, was clean, quiet, affordable and comfortable. I stayed for two nights. The hotel staff were pleasant and accommodating. Dining options in the area provided variety and quality. I recommend the Torrington Days Inn for anyone looking for a competitively priced, basic place to stay in the Torrington area.
Other trip Apr 14, 2014
"passing through"
Very helpful and friendly staff
1 night trip Apr 5, 2014
Cindy
No Surprises--a basic, decent option for the cost.
1 night trip Mar 22, 2014
"very nice and clean will come back"
very nice and clean, with complementory continental breakfast. Convenient location
Other trip Mar 2, 2014
Jen
"good basic accommodation"
Stayed here on a family visit. It's basic but clean and comfortable, pretty quiet, close to the freeway. I think it's probably the best place to stay in Torrington (admittedly there aren't a lot of choices). I'd stay here again.
1 night trip Feb 26, 2014
nicky
"You get what you pay for"
Looking for a room for one night for less than a hundred dollars which, even with taxes, this fit the bill. Room was okay. Clean. Corridor reeked of smoke and its carpeting was rippled like it had seen better days. Breakfast area right at entryway and registration counter so not very comfortable and selections limited but was include in the price.
1 night business trip Feb 16, 2014
"Close to where I needed to be"
Owners seemed nice , room was clean 2 minor problem , the hotel had a strong odor of air fresher , it smelled like a Days Inn and the T.V. was a little off in room 118, if you were watching the Financial channel part of the sides right/left were clipped off . Over all good location , lots of places to eat , close to CT8.
Other trip Feb 6, 2014
x
"Very comfortable room with all amenities"
I had not stayed in a Days Inn previously, so I was prepared for a budget hotel experience. I was wrong! This hotel was very clean, the room was lovely - even though the hotel was obviously old, with some patch/repair done previously. The linens and bed were quite comfortable, the bathroom very clean and plenty of hot water. The room had a microwave and a mini-fridge, which was more than I previously experienced at a Courtyard Marriott! The staff were very friendly and accommodating. The only bad thing I have to say is that the breakfast was lacking - the bagels and muffins were little boulders, and there wasn't much of a selection.
Other trip Jan 24, 2014
tia
"going to Infinity Bistro?"
Being from some distance away, going to a show at the Infinity Bistro to in Norfolk, CT leads to a problem of where to stay. There are a few B&B places closer to the venue, but cost 3x the cost to stay in this little gem. It is about 15 miles away from the hall, straight up route 8. The hotel is clean and modern, the desk clerk is friendly, and the price is right. I will definitely stay here again
1 night trip Jan 18, 2014
justplainbob
"Great deal"
Good location and cheap price
2 night business trip Dec 22, 2013
"Good for the price"
Days Inn Torrington was nothing spectacular, but it was good for the money. The staff was pleasant, and even printed out directions for me to an address.
Other trip Jan 1, 2014
Jan
Needs some maintenance, but for a one nighter business trip, the hotel room did the trick,
1 night business trip Dec 14, 2013
"Great room for the price"
No complaints here. We've stayed many times and the Days Inn always meets our expectations. The room and hotel were clean, the room was comfortable and the gentleman at the front dest was polite and helpful. The traffic is a little close but the heat/air unit drowns it out pretty well. We will be back next year.
2 night trip Nov 29, 2013
the room had an unpleasant odor maybe due to efforts to clear away cigarette smoke odors
1 night trip Nov 28, 2013
"Close to my sales call the next day"
When I arrived at the hotel, no one was at the desk so I rang the bell and waited. I ran the bell a few more times and waited. Then I started banging the bell continuously which seemed like a full minute and someone (a painter) came and held up one finger as if to say hold on a minute. A short time after a woman came running in and apologized. When I entered the building to go to my non-smoking room, the hallway smelled like cigarette smoke. My room did not thankfully. I only stayed one night. I won't return to this hotel.
1 night business trip Nov 21, 2013
"renovated and clean!"
Comfortable and relaxing.
1 night trip Oct 23, 2013
Keith
"Close to wineries & sights w/o the high price"
The hotel was a half way point for my cousin coming from Massachusetts and my sister and I coming from NJ. It was close to the wineries and very good, affordable eateries. I would definitely recommend as a less expensive alternative to the fancy hotels and B&B's.
2 night family trip Oct 16, 2013
Joanne
"Its fine! A typical hotel"
I had no issues. I wasn't expecting luxury, just something good, clean, and available. Super convenient if you take Greyhound to get to it, literally a 2 minute walk to the bus stop.
Other trip Oct 19, 2013
Not a very good breakfast, only English muffins, cereal and not decaf coffee. One little muffin was in the basket.
Other trip Oct 12, 2013
"review torrington days inn"
It worked for my first time to go to east morris for a wedding at an upscale winvian . a little tricky to get directions there. but it worked out. i would have liked another blanket in the room to use. i never did get into the internet by the sunshine code i was given. that was disappointing. sunday coffee was good. thank you.
Other trip Oct 7, 2013
"Modest but clean and well kept."
The hotel is very modest and the rooms are small, but everything I saw was immaculately clean. The room amenities all worked well, including the cable TV and WiFi. My only mild complaint is that the breakfast was meager compared to other similar offerings.
Other trip Sep 26, 2013
"Room 206"
My boyfriend and I went to Ct for his friends jack and jill party. The front desk at 1am was very helpful he gave us directions as we were turned around. Kudos. So as a housekeeper myself when we actually checked into the room I had to check it all out. The need was clean and comfortable. The bathroom on the other hand was not cleanly at all. I found hair in the tub along with a little dead bug in the corner. The make up service. .. again the bed was very nice. There was still hair on the floor and in the shower...I did my best to clean without chemical and rags. For the money I paid I hoped for a cleaner experience. But good bed.
Other trip Aug 28, 2013
Caitlin
did not like the odor in room and toilet's nearness to toilet paper roll extremely uncomfortable.
1 night trip Aug 17, 2013
M.D.
"Good place to stop over"
Good place to stop over, very very clean. A welcome respite after a week camping and two weeks on the road.
Other trip Aug 6, 2013
"Adequate for an overnight on way to destination"
Not as run down as others. This hotel is in need of MAJOR updating. Will try someplace else next time.
1 night trip Jul 20, 2013
"Lumpy bed"
Room had a musty smell and the bed was not comfortable. Bathrom need repair to the floor.
1 night romance trip Jul 12, 2013
"Bring your own breakfast"
Continental Breakfast had poor selection of items. Otherwise it was convenient and clean.
1 night trip Jul 11, 2013
"you get what you pay for"
So my expectations were dead on and the room,hotel, and location were what one would expect for the price..what I would say is that the experience got off to a rough start. Now Im in a customer oriented business myself and I understand the nature of the service industry. In my business in a retail role we still have a minimal standard of dress code and presentation.. If whoever is in charge of this location ends up reading this I recommend you have someone else working hour front desk on Sundays.. the gentleman who checked me in was very nice.. but tattoos, a shaved head and 3 inch gauges in his ears did not exactly set me at ease while checking in or that I had made the right choice. Its just a basic thing that probably will keep your customers feeling a little better...also dead roach in the bathroom...good luck.
3 night business trip Jun 23, 2013
Sally
"Drip Drip Drip....."
Days Inn in Torrington is nothing fancy as you probably already know. So here's my quick review. PRO: My stay only cost $62/night which is all I needed. Everything was clean in the room. It had the typical noisy A/C built into the wall under your room window. Breakfast was OK (cereal, muffins, store bought doughnuts, coffee, no water or juice.) CON: Had a dead outlet on the that I needed to use to charge all my electronic devices. Had to disconnect the clock radio (that was cheaper then all get go,) and headboard lamps on the other wall outlet so I could charge my devices. Then at 6am in the morning while trying to sleep in late from the previous late night, the ceiling over the shower/tub began to drip water a leak for the next 3 hours. I'm assuming this was due to the other guests taking their morning shower and somehow there must have been a leak in the pipes because the ceiling had a huge bulge coming down that was collecting water and it was from there it was dripping into the tub leaving the most annoying drip, drip, drip sound. Placed a towel in the tub to dampen the sound but the ceiling dripped so much that is soaked the towel and didn't help decrease the torturing dripping sound. Front desk said they will contact the manager that day and he will get back to me via email. That was on 6/1/13 and as the end of today 6/3/13, I still have no message from the manager.
2 night trip May 30, 2013
letsduet
"Restaurants nearby"
Overall the hotel was better than I expected and a good value. The only item I did not like was the lock on the lower level window (street level floor) and the room door lock was flimsy. I would not feel comfortable leaving my room with my belongings inside. The room was very clean and every appliance worked well. Sheets were clean, bed covers could use replacing.
1 night business trip May 28, 2013
Business traveler
The owners/receptionist were all haggard and looked overworked. They were not super pleasant. The rooms and the hallways smelled like old air fresheners.
1 night family trip May 24, 2013
"One of the few hotels in the area"
Stayed there for a race at Limerock. Very dated hotel with a dank, dirty sensation throughout. Everything is aimed at cheap. I have stayed at many Days Inn hotels before and this one seems like every effort is made toward cheap. Very in need of updating.
2 night trip May 23, 2013
"Would stay there again"
This hotel is close to my son's place and would probably stay there again if I wanted to visit. the only problem was the desk chair which was the only chair in the room would slid down to the lowest position if you sat in it . Then wen you get up it rose to. They didn't fix it the first day because my privacy tag was on the door in the morning. They could have fixed it later but didn't try again but waited till the next day. so for two nights I could not sit to the desk and type on the computer because i was below the desk. Otrher wise the employees were very friendly and courteous.
3 night trip May 19, 2013
Dee
"I was so grateful to check in @ 11:45pm"
Everything was fine except the smell of smoke in the stairwell that carried through to the room.
Other trip May 6, 2013
"passable - suits the neighborhood"
The room was fairly clean apart from a few cigarette burns in the bed cover. The AC was broken. The hallways smelled of noxious cleaning product. The breakfast was very limited, just toast, juice and cereal, and it was served in the small lobby by the front desk. The owners seemed friendly enough. I've experienced worse.
1 night trip Apr 30, 2013
The smokey smell in the hallway made us gag was the pits cant believe there are still like this never again sleep in car next time
1 night trip Apr 26, 2013
kdh
"Room was great"
I travel alot for business but this was for leisure. The room was great, up to date and clean as a whistle. The front desk was great and very friendly. The breakfast was not too good but we did not stay there for the breakfast. Would definitely stay there again. We were just traveling through & read the reviews. Do not let this place scare you. I would recommend to my picky-pain-in-the-butt family.
1 night trip Apr 12, 2013
Very friendly and accommodating.
2 night trip Apr 9, 2013
"On the fringe of everything."
My stay was pleasant and I would certainly recommend this facility to relatives and friends. At today's prices it was exceptionally reasonable.
1 night trip Apr 4, 2013
"do not recommend"
it was too noisy - we can hear the closing of doors, talking of people next to our room.
Other trip Mar 26, 2013
"Great for the family"
Very friendly staff. The overall was much better than I expected for the room at this rate.
Other trip Mar 26, 2013
Leky
Good location..friendly staff..clean room..bed was ok..not a 5 star hotel but good for the money
Other trip Feb 19, 2013
"Comfortable Rooms"
Very affordable with friendly staff to check us in and out. Clean rooms and a nice quiet night's rest. Conveniently located to several gas stations and fast food places. If we are ever back in the area we will for sure stay here again.
1 night trip with friends Feb 16, 2013
Miranda
"Ok for the price"
It's about what you would expect for the price. There are not many options in this area, so it was fine for one night. We had 3 non-smoking rooms of which 2 had previously been smoked in. Bathrooms were small, but clean. Linens are low quality and somewhat dated.
Other trip Jan 28, 2013
Ella
"Affordable"
Good stay for the price.
2 night business trip Jan 8, 2013
Joshua
"GOOD VALUE FOR PRICE"
THIS HOTEL IS GOOD VALUE FOR THE PRICE. CLEAN ROOM, HOT WATER THAT STAYS HOT, CLOSE TO A GOOD AMOUNT OF PLACES TO EAT AND NOT FAR FROM HIGHWAY.
1 night business trip Jan 11, 2013
ROKE
"Stay"
I had stayed here this past summer. When I read some of the reviews I was scared. Just as my past stays everything was just fine,clean room. Since I had a late arival scheduled .They put me in a room in a quite location,so i wouldn't distrub other guess.
Other trip Dec 30, 2012
"not good"
the bed was really uncomfortable and we were not really able to sleep.
Other trip Dec 1, 2012
"Great deal"
Hotel and room were clean, the staff was friendly and helpful and the price was unbeatable. A little dated but no big deal. You're on a main road so you hear traffic but no bother to us. We could heat and cool the room as needed and the unit was quiet yet gave us white noise against outside traffic at night. Comfortable and perfect for visiting family during the holidays without breaking the bank. We will stay again.
2 night trip Nov 23, 2012