All hotels in Castle Rock, Colorado, United States of America
1020 Park St, Castle Rock, CO, 80104, United States of America, ‏‎855-238-1592

2.7
"Just OK"
Not very clean, smells not good in nonsmoking room, WiFi was down, staff was ok though.
1 night trip Aug 5, 2014
"Ridiculous experience - poorly managed hotel."
We stay in dozens of hotels each year but this stay was undoubtedly the most surreal and ridiculous experience ever. Check-in took 35 minutes because the clerk was having issues staying conscious, she kept stopping mid-sentence and staring off into space. At one point I asked if there was someone else we could call to assist her but she was working all alone (on a Friday no less!) and she refused to give a number for anyone to call. There was no number posted anywhere in the lobby either. By the time we got checked in there was a line of several other guests, all bewildered by the clerks behavior. When we got to the room, it smelled like smoke but given the check-in experience we decided to just bear with it and smell like smoke all weekend. Found out the next day that the clerk suffers a heart condition and apparently this was not an isolated event. The owner who was working the counter the next day said "just call 911 when this happens." Personally - we prefer to stay at hotels that don't rely on paramedics to sort out their room bookings. Most ridiculous and surreal hotel experience ever. Needless to say, we wont be back.
2 night business trip Aug 8, 2014
WB
"good for the money"
OK for a budget stay. Could use new towels and shower curtains. Otherwise fine.
1 night trip Aug 3, 2014
Wes
"Last resort"
This is only someplace to stay if it is your last choice.
4 night trip Aug 1, 2014
"Overnight Stay"
This was just a overnight stay and for that it was ok! Location is great and the staff was super nice
Other trip Aug 3, 2014
Andie
"dirty smelly"
our smoke free room was used by smokers a lot of smokers
1 night business trip Jul 23, 2014
gene
"Very convieniant"
I helped move my daughter and son-in-law to the area from Texas. I stayed 6 nights. My room was very clean and all the staff was very nice. Especially the morning house keeper on the 3rd. floor. I cant think of her name,but she was very sweet and always had a sunny smile and did little extras fo me.
6 night trip Jul 17, 2014
D. Texan
Everytime I left the room I had to go to the front desk and get my key Reactivated. Also, most of the motel was full of permanent residents who lingered outside. It was very uncomfortable.
Other trip Jul 21, 2014
"Nice place to stay"
The room was very clean and it was quiet. The hotel staff was very friendly and helpful. The only problem I had with my stay was the fact that people were "camped out" in the handicapped parking space.
3 night trip Jul 2, 2014
Stacey
"Smoke"
Everything was ok except for the smoke smell near the lobby and first & second floors. Third floor was fine but didn't like walking past the other areas.
1 night trip Jun 27, 2014
"Not too bad at all"
very simple but clean...a tad noisy with yipping puppies left in the rooms....room and hallway looked fresh and well maintained....would ask that the cleaning staff not skimp though....bathroom had not been cleaned or tub either...hair all over bathroom floor and in tub....bed furniture walls and carpet clean and fresh :) .....breakfast very simple but nicely set up and well supplied...staff friendly and helpful....enjoyed the rest
C.J.
"not bad for the price"
the motel seemed a bit run down in general. staff was friendly and helpful. not bad for the price but next time ill pay a bit extra to upgrade to a slightly nicer place.
Other trip Jul 5, 2014
jason
"sons wedding"
The room was dirty, service at front desk poor, t.v. didn't work, no place to plug the clock or coffee pot in.
6 night family trip Jun 19, 2014
Mary Bang
"poor hotel."
Need more room in breakfast area. Rooms need upgrade...really run down and outdated. For price paid, we will never stay here again. French fries found on carpet, apparently from prior hotel guest. This hotel should not be an option on hotels.com. Makes me question their value and ratings.
1 night family trip Jun 23, 2014
We drove from northern Texas and staying here was our first stop. The room was clean, and comfortable. It suited our reasons for staying at the Super 8; which was cost, rating and being in the city we wanted to make our first stop. We appreciated that the room is held until midnight the day of the first night's stay.
Other trip Jun 9, 2014
"Bang for your buck."
I've stayed here twice now. Both stays were exactly what I would expect from a hotel in this price range. Beds were very comfy, slept great. Room and bathroom nice and clean. The staff even did breakfast extra early for all the cyclist that were there for the Elephant Rock Cycling Festival.
1 night trip May 31, 2014
My friend and I stayed at your hotel for one night, we were impressed by how nice your front desk staff was and how clean the hotel was. One thing that was weird was that when we got into our room we found quite a bit of trash under one of the beds (a half eaten chicken nugget, an empty water bottle, some tissues) also wish the room had a thermostat for the ac unit. Besides that our stay was nice.
1 night trip May 24, 2014
Jessica Taylor
I was attending school and 2 lights were out in my room, so it was very difficult for me to study in the evening. I was there 6 nights and it was not fixed. Otherwise, I was happy with the room and cleaning service. The location was also very convenient.
6 night business trip Apr 13, 2014
"Overnight"
The odor of air fresheners was overpowering throughout entire facility. Had to open window to air out due to air conditioner being extremely loud when running. The bed was a major sagger. Room very dark even with lights on. Office personnel was very nice and helpful. Toilet was very slow to flush. Plenty of places to eat very close. Asked Hotel.com person for 1st floor room. He said he put it in the notes.. That did not happen.
1 night trip Apr 26, 2014
"ok...."
Shower was awful, barely any water. Booked a smoking room and they didn't have any, and it is located next to what sounds like a race track... Good luck trying to sleep in the day.
2 night trip with friends Apr 18, 2014
eric
"nice getaway"
Great little town, convenient
2 night romance trip Apr 4, 2014
"Awesome place for an awesome price!!!"
For 60$/ night for 2 double beds this place was nicer than most hotels I have stayed at priced at 150-200$/night. Really nice staff and very clean, well taken care of rooms.
1 night business trip Mar 16, 2014
"Clean, Nice View of Sunrise over the Rock!"
Nice staff.. Clean.. Quiet for a good night sleep..
Other trip Mar 11, 2014
"Dirty hotel, noisy, loud, smoky"
Hotel room was dirty - smelled of old dirt and cigarette smoke. We left windows open to air it out which helped some. Some lights didn't work, chewing gum was stuck on one of the light fixtures. Shower head was too low, water temperature difficult to control, not enough towels for three people, staff started to clean at 7:00 am, noise all night long, cigarette smoke wafted in and out of our room. There were holes and weird lumps under the carpet in the hallways. My family stayed there to attend a funeral - we rented 4 rooms total and we all had the same experience. We will never stay in another Super 8 Motel.
Other trip Mar 10, 2014
"Free Breakfast"
The way the advertising reads, you would think you get a free breakfast as good as LaQunita Inn's. All they had, was yogurt, a choice of 2 cereal's, coffee, orange juice and apple juice. That's it, just a little knook, no seating. Terrible, worst "free breakfast" I've ever had, age 53, well traveled, and USAF Veteran. Room was clean, everything except the old CRT was up to date. Very small microwave. Coffee machine, and coffee in room, but no filter. The cable or satellite feeds were very limited, and the old CRT TV was hard to see clearly, esp. if your used to an HDTV with 1080p quality. The clock radio in the room was broken, didn't like that. Overall, a decent place to spend just 1 night, maybe 2, but don't expect to get near enough to satisfy your morning hunger. Or enjoy any TV, there is also no TV guide on the channels. But I'd look elsewhere next time. Good location, I give it that.
Other trip Feb 10, 2014
"Heater to hot and noisy if on, too cold if off"
Hotel ok for price and location.
1 night trip Feb 4, 2014
"You get what you pay for"
First, night front attendant, when asked about the local city and attractions, was very rude and clearly didn't want to be talked to. Second, the room given to us was dirty, still had clothes remaining from the last person, bed wasn't made and food crumbs were all over the bed. Third, all rooms are smoking even though they state they're not, the room reeked bad. Fourth, bedroom lights didn't work. Didn't even try the shower, left the next day to La Quinta across the street for $5 more and way better service.
1 night business trip Jan 29, 2014
Super8
"Affordable but away"
This hotel was of reasonable quality for the price. Service was good as well but it was located far away from Down town Denver. If you are going to Denver and you don't have your own ride, prefer something closer to the down town over this but if you have your own car, this will definitely save you some bucks with acceptable quality
1 night trip with friends Dec 22, 2013
Syed Owais Ahmed
"Poor Quality"
Because of the price, I didn't expect much from the motel, But it was far worse than I thought. The room smelled really bad. The bed was very uncomfortable. I spent 6 nights there and I could barely get any sleep. The only positive thing was the location and the surrounding neighborhood seemed safe.
6 night trip Nov 25, 2013
"A"
Best super 8 hotel experience this year. Better detail in cleaning the room and better access to outlets so I could recharge my phone would have been great. Also had to move the coffee pot to an outlet. However the room was cleaner than most and it smelled better too. Heat worked unlike last super 8 room.
1 night business trip Dec 3, 2013
Ralph
"Very Friendly"
They really went above and beyond. The hotel was a little worn but was clean.
1 night trip Nov 4, 2013
"Don't slow down - find another place to sleep"
Let me preface by saying this was a road trip of 2 guys who were touring the West and we will stay ANYWHERE if it's cheap and marginally safe. So it takes a lot of bad to get us to complain. It took 15 minutes to check in even though we had a reservation. The clerk was not even there for 1/2 that time - apparently she was the only one working and needed a bio-break. So...maybe you make allowances but then she was rude and gruff. Bad day? Me too! Cowboy up lady. The room was dirty and ALL appliances and lamps were unplugged. We had to crawl around looking for plugs only to discover that some bulbs were also missing. So we ask for a new bulb. "HUFF...You DO know that I'm going to have to get up and go get one and I can't do that NOW." She also opined that the lamps were likely just unplugged and we didn't need a bulb thus both insulting my intelligence and admitting that ALL the rooms have lamps unplugged? So we go to dinner and pick up the reluctant bulb on the back swing. On a positive note, the morning clerk was pleasant. But NOTHING makes up for the room and the check in. Really - DON'T Stay there. If it's free and they offer tickets to the Beatles, keep driving.
1 night trip with friends Oct 12, 2013
"Good price for a quick overnight stay"
Nothing special about the building. The staff was very nice. I needed to check in early and use an iron for a wedding that afternoon. They were very accommodating, helpful, and friendly.
Other trip Oct 7, 2013
Would do it again.
1 night trip Sep 21, 2013
"Castle Rock Super 8"
This was my first visit to Castle Rock. Nice town. Attended a seminar in the neighborhood. Very convenient. Good value. Friendly Staff!
Other trip Sep 25, 2013
"Fine for quick stay"
Hotel has been updated. Rooms are fine. Pillowcase didn't look like it had been changed but overall place was comfortable. Breakfast staff lady was exceptionally kind and helpful. Would stay here again for quick stay.
Other trip Sep 23, 2013
"Castle Rock Disappointment 8"
I am so glad we did not pay a full rate for this stay. The first day towels were frayed, thin and dingy, but somewhat better from then on. Water pressure was low and the shower hard to regulate. Carpets were dingy. Extra charge to activate room phone. Village Inn next door was excellent eating.
4 night family trip Aug 14, 2013
"Is the customer still right?"
Our stay at the Castle Rock Village 8 was very pleasant up until our return to the hotel Sunday afternoon. I booked this hotel in two separate bookings; our plans changed. When we checked in i went over the details with the manager who assured me there would be no problem.But the week-end clerk voided our keys because she was unaware that we booked an additional night. When I went downstairs to straighten out the misunderstanding, she could have said something like "I made a mistake; I didn't know your stay included tonight too." Instead she became very indignant that I hadn't personally told her we were staying Sunday. night. This left a sour taste on what had been a pleasant stay.
3 night family trip Aug 15, 2013
"Smoky"
There are products that get rid of cigarette smoke. The hotel should invest in those products.
Other trip Aug 9, 2013
"Hotel was close to the Renaissance Festival"
We did not get the room we paid for. We ask for a queen bed and got two double beds. There was tar on the floors, counters and table. The air conditioner didn't work the best and looked like it would fall out of the wall. The free wireless internet did not work. The room did not smell good. The floors had garbage on them. I would not stay here again. When we talked to the hotel staff we were told it would get reported but there was nothing they could do about it.
Other trip Jul 30, 2013
"Last resort"
The rooms are meh, I've stayed in worse. My issue is their pet policy which is you can bring your pet if you stay with them at all times. Plus they maie you feel guilty for bringing your pet.
Other trip Jul 8, 2013
voldemort
"friends wedding"
hated every day their.the hotel was sub par at best,some of the lighting fixtures did not work,the bathroom door was a hard to close,the drain in the shower began to smell after 2 days,it smelled bad in the bathroom,like a big sewer in there,room was outdated,tv was way too outdated,decor needed work
5 night trip Jun 21, 2013
kingfriday317
"ugh"
there was no pool or ELEVATOR. Having a new baby and a hubby with a broken foot with a room on the 3rd floor was terrible. No assistance or help. Very low shower head, maybe at a ht of 4ft 5in. Only 2 towels for 3 adults.The breakfast was hardly a breakfast, eggo waffles and rasin brane.....really?!?! Ive stayed on way nicer places for a lot less!
1 night family trip Jun 16, 2013
"Decent place in a decent location"
Bed is a bit firm and the towels were a bit musty or something. Maybe it was the smell of the water? Everything else was good or average. Would consider staying there again.
7 night family trip May 24, 2013
"Convenient and comfortable"
This is my second time there and I will definitely use it again. The owners are very pleasant and helpful. The facility is old, but well maintained. They went out of their way to make me comfortable.
4 night business trip Apr 25, 2013
"Very satisfactory for a cheap hotel"
Perfect for a quick night in transit. Clean, the beds were comfortable. Smelled a bit like smoke even though a non-smoking room...but the whole motel smelled like that.
1 night trip May 3, 2013
"Good quality for the price"
Everything was good for the price, will definitely come back again.
3 night trip Mar 10, 2013
"Not a hotel for non-smokers"
Convenience, location, service were fine for the price and the price was very competitive. It was reasonably clean with nobedbugs. However, there's no such thing as a non-smoking room, even though some were supposed to be. The first room I was in was horrible, and though they were very cooperative in moving me to another "non-smoking" room, it was nearly as bad. I didn't think I was that sensitive to smoke, but it was really unpleasant.
3 night trip Mar 7, 2013
Traveler
HORRIBLE, UNHEALTHY it was the worst stay EVER of traveling - smelled a little smokey when we stopped in but were assured of a non smoking room - then we left to visit area, friends- later walked up to room and hall was smokey - our nonsmoking room across from one not labeled. Odor was so offensive, woke us up in the night several times, we couldn't exit fast enough the next am - our luggage and clothing outside to deodorize next day, tried Febreze, still stinks, washing in baking soda water next - unhealthy for staff and guests to stay here -
1 night trip Feb 12, 2013