All hotels in Helen, Georgia, United States of America
8396 S Main St, Helen, GA, 30545, United States of America, ‏‎855-238-1592

Fun filled weekend in Helen for Octoberfest. Super 8 motel was very convenient & within walking distance to everything.
Other trip Oct 14, 2014
My boyfriend and I stayed here for two nights (Friday and Saturday) for Oktoberfest. Great location, the room was huge giving us plenty of room, and we had two sinks. That was great when we were both trying to get ready. Very close to the restaurants and shops and walking distance to nearby wineries/ wine tastings (15 min walk). There was a heated pool and a small breakfast included.
Other trip Oct 13, 2014
Room needs updated badly. Jacuzzi tub was nice. TV was ancient. Not really any breakfast to speak of. Pool was cold and they were not going to turn on the heated pool for a few weeks and we were looking forward to the pool. Wonderful little town though.
Other trip Oct 11, 2014
From Nashville
"Very friendly service but old facility."
Wonderful friendly people behind the counter. Location is very close to everything. Linens are clean, bed made daily. Has refrigerator and microwave which is a plus. However, building smells like it is old. Odor in the room is present like it needs new carpet. Sink and bathroom although cleaned, shows age and really needs to be maintained. But what bothers me most was the smell once you enter the room. It is either mold smell or just plain old building smell.
2 night family trip Oct 3, 2014
RUTH
"Great for Oktoberfest"
Close to downtown area. Comfortable room. Not many amenities but well worth the money.
Other trip Oct 6, 2014
JB
"Not totally happy with condition"
I was not pleased with the condition of the bathroom--did not feel it was clean or maybe just old. Room smelled musty. Breakfast was disappointing.
1 night family trip Sep 26, 2014
judy
Friendly staff, clean room, walking distance to everything!
2 night trip Sep 27, 2014
Emily
"You get what you pay for."
Room was in need of a lot of maintenance to bring it up to standard. The TV was an old tube type? Where's the flatscreen!
1 night trip Sep 23, 2014
Mickey
"Motel near shops but not worth the price."
The room NEEDS to be cleaner..........tub, sink, floor, substandard......."filth " behind toilet floor ( I'm sure still dirty even it was mentioned to the manager or by next month.), death bug on the bathroom floor, air condition old knobs do not work properly (especially the thermostat one). Outside the room, on the ceiling there is a "wasp" nest, to the left of the room there is bird "poop", stairs are filthy, ice machine nasty, in and around it is FILTHY..!!! The lady at counter was told and ------nothing happened---------. Definitely it is NOT worth the price a payed.
Other trip Sep 14, 2014
Hugo
"we stayed august 29 thur September 1st."
it was ok. the staff was friendly. the hotel look beautiful at night with all the pretty lights around us and downtown hellen. the pool was nice and clean.housekeeping was great! she kept our room clean and allways ask if we needed anything. very nice young lady.
Other trip Sep 7, 2014
traveler
it was an okay stay,liked the pool the hotel was close to everything
Other trip Sep 3, 2014
center of town walking distance to attractions
2 night trip with friends Aug 15, 2014
"not good"
the beds had plastic under the sheets that wasn't comfortable, I usually stay at super 8's when I travel because usually you get decent rooms but I won't stay here again.
1 night trip Aug 12, 2014
dan
"Didn't get what I paid for"
I reserved a room for 3 adults & 2 children, two dbl beds. Got two singles, not enough towels, soap, etc. Had to get blankets & pillows from the office and make spots in the floor. Then found out later that the room we were supposed to have gotten was given to someone else. I am just so very disappointed... plus paid for something I didn't get.
Other trip Aug 15, 2014
The room was musky smelling. Purchased some glade air fresher and carpet freshness Room was okay then
2 night trip with friends Aug 8, 2014
Mashburn
"Quick weekend trip"
Overall a pretty good stay for a Super8. Rooms were clean and the staff was very attentive. The pool was well maintained. Breakfast was good. Easy walk to the village and well lit parking lot. The mattresses do need to be replaced and really, who uses a true double mattress anymore? Update to queen size would be a great idea.
3 night family trip Aug 7, 2014
Dennis
"Old and dingy"
Hotel is old and feels like it's in a bit of disrepair. When we arrived, the toilet was clogged and it took 2 calls to the front desk (6 hours apart) to get it fixed. Mattress felt like it was worn out and to me actually felt "damp" (which I guess may have been the case, since they had one of those moisture absorbing bags hanging on the clothing rack). We received a sale rate and I think still could have stayed somewhere nicer in town for what we paid.
1 night romance trip Aug 9, 2014
"Adequate lodging"
Close to downtown, but nothing special. Had problems with room key as did other guests. Don't know if there was a problem with their system or the person programing the cards, but had to get it re-programed each day. Was extremely frustrated that on Friday I arrived back to my room at 9:48 pm and my key card would not work. Went to front desk and had to wait 38 minutes for someone to come back to the desk to help me. Apparently there was a problem with A/C and no one else on the premises to help the other guest. The front desk was left unattended with a sign that said "be back in a few minutes". The phone # on the sign rang directly to the front desk phone which was picked up by an answering machine. There was no way to get in contact with anyone. The office was not only unattended, but unlocked. Access to cash drawer and computers would not have been difficult given the amount of time I was waiting. Anyone could have had plenty of time to do mischief or more during that time. When the desk clerk returned, she did not apologize for our inconvenience, but was defensive and kept insisting that she had no other option but to leave the front desk unattended while she assisted with the A/C problem. Someone needs better training.
3 night trip Aug 6, 2014
cmk
"HORRIBLE"
Our room wasn't ready until close to 6PM. We should have checked in at 3PM. The manager was rude. She would not give us a number to contact higher manager, yet wouldn't resolve problems herself. I understand they were busy and it was a busy weekend, but there is no excuse for the poor management. I will not stay there again.
1 night trip Aug 2, 2014
Christie Wilson
"walking distance to downtown Helen"
Other than the pool maintenance and supply truck running late, we were well pleased with our stay. Friendly staff and walking distance to downtown Helen. Will stay there the next visit to Helen.
4 night family trip Jul 21, 2014
ARTyner
"Bad. Even for Super 8 standards."
Dirty! An old rag was left hanging in the shower, hair in sink and on counter, bugs crawling in bathroom.... Also lost power to our room for a while.
2 night romance trip Jul 19, 2014
Brent
We had a great experience! It's only a few minutes walk to the center of Helen and it was very clean.
1 night business trip Jul 7, 2014
"wonderful"
had fun
1 night trip with friends Jul 3, 2014
andy
"Check in ...."
Very upset after driving all day to arrive at check in time at 2pm which it stated on the check in letter and room not ready until after 4pm
2 night trip Jul 3, 2014
"So-So Motel in Great Location"
Not well kept up but great location.
1 night trip Jul 1, 2014
"Bavarian Georgia"
Excellent location within easy walking distance of shops and German eating places.
Other trip Jul 4, 2014
Jack
"Overall Okay Stay"
Room was okay. Had a few long winged flying bugs. Most stayed on cieling. Some flew here and there. Killed some on cieling with pillow.
Other trip Jun 25, 2014
chuck
"You get what you pay for..."
Close to everything but area didn't seem safe. The downtown area of town was nice.
Other trip Jun 24, 2014
Mama Willaford
"Nice relaxing weekend"
Enjoyed the weekend with a friend so much we are going back July 4th weekend with more friends. Great location close to everything. I also suggest eating at Big Daddys.
1 night trip with friends Jun 6, 2014
GA_Bulldawg
"Walking distance to everything with friendly staff"
The location was perfect, walking distance to everything in the little town so we never had to worry about finding or paying for parking. The staff was super friendly and checking in and out was very easy. Had a really homey feel, probably because of how nice the staff was. The room was okay, nothing special, kind of fun to pretend we were in the 80's when I suspect this hotel's glory days were, but it was clean and the room was large so no complaints there. The pool was nice as well and very clean. Overall it was a really good and relaxing experience.
1 night romance trip May 13, 2014
"Convenient to town"
A Hot Air Balloon Event meant I could not book the hotel I had previous occupied on my last trip to Helen. This is close to town and appeared to have many of the amenities I was seeking. Minor issues accessing the internet, only one entrance/exit to the hotel is VERY steep, a lot of rooms, but not enough staff to clean them. Had to ask for additional linens and the beds were only made one day out of three. The enclosed pool was nice and the rooms were clean and the staff was pleasant. Full size beds should NOT have comforters/spreads that are queen or king size. I seemed to be tripping over excess covers just walking through the room. . All in all, for what I paid for my 3 days at this particular hotel and what I did or did not receive in service, I would NOT stay there again.
3 night family trip Jun 4, 2014
"Overnight stay"
Our overnight stay was great. We were right in the middle of everything. Maybe a mile to the stores. Even got to see a hot air balloon race on our way out of town.
1 night trip Jun 5, 2014
"UNPLEASANT!"
Lousy service, dumpy rooms, NOT worth what I paid for it for a Holiday weekend by no means! Need I say more??
1 night trip May 25, 2014
Unsatisfied Customer
"Don't show up on time."
We arrived at the hotel to check-in to our prepaid room at 7pm, and the room wasn't ready yet. We were asked to wait until after 8pm and the room should be ready. Check-in time is 3pm. Once we got to our non-smoking room, that smelled like smoke, we noticed there were no towels, empty cans, massive amounts of dirt in the bathroom, and around the tv area. We went to the "heated" pool, and it was not heated and when we asked to have it turned on, we were informed that they couldn't do that since it was after may 1st even though the temperature was below 70. If you use the hotel as a hub to get to the events in Helen than you should stay here, otherwise spend your money somewhere else.
1 night trip May 25, 2014
"Do not stay"
Good Location Old rooms very thin walls between the rooms- you can hear the TV in the other room Beds in very poor condition- the springs are way beyond their lifetime room stank of cigarettes
Other trip May 13, 2014
jack
"Great tourist town hotel"
We were very happy with our stay. The front desk was very friendly, the free breakfast was great, and the jetted tub in our room was amazing. Would definitely stay again.
Other trip May 12, 2014
Jarrod
Had a nice stay. Pool was being refilled due to someone breaking glass the night before. Kidds had fun playing in the pool and room rate was reasonable.
Other trip May 5, 2014
"Good Clean Room"
Good Clean room. Surroundings were nice and hotel is close to the "action" in Helen if there is any. Comfortable place to stay.. No frills and not much for breakfast but what can you expect for 100 bucks. When I ride my bike to the mountains again I could stay there again. Nice Clean, no frills place to spend the night on a bike ride.
1 night trip Apr 12, 2014
Great location, really nice staff, clean heated pool. Rooms were ok. Great deal for the price we got the room for.
1 night business trip Apr 4, 2014
Great location but not very clean,
1 night trip Mar 29, 2014
"better than last time"
stay was better than a few years ago. very clean, roomy enough, good stay.
Other trip Mar 31, 2014
"room"
Great room for the price.
1 night business trip Feb 28, 2014
Jesse newman
"Best First Hotel Experience"
As an adult this was my first time staying in a hotel just me and my spouse! Needless to say we had an amazing time in a smoking room that didn't smell, service that was exceptional, and a price you couldn't beat! The staff was great and so were the rooms! We won't forget our stay at Super 8 in Helen, GA.
1 night trip Feb 18, 2014
Lindsey Cronic
"Not clean AT ALL!"
The bed was comfortable & the staff was friendly but that's all thee good I can say! The price was great! But bring LOTS of disinfecting cleaning supplies, anti bacterial soap and hand sanitizer. This place is not clean by any means!!! They didn't even vacuum our floor after the last guest!
Other trip Feb 24, 2014
amy
"within walking distance!"
For the price, this room couldn't be beat. My only complaint would be that there are no electrical outlets next to the bed. Seriously, everything else was great.
1 night trip Feb 7, 2014
"cleanliness was lacking"
The price was good for the location but we requested a king bed room and when we checked in there was beer cans all over the room and covers pulled back. The room obviously had not been cleaned. They placed us in a room with two full beds which were extremely uncomfortable. Also the room had no towels, which we didn't discover until we both were in the shower. Very frustrating. The location was excellent but they need to focus on maintenance and cleaning more.
1 night romance trip Feb 15, 2014
Leann Christopher
"Need update"
I wish this hotel pay more attention to cleanliness and update the room. Look at others Super 8, like in Ashville, and you are going understand me. Bad smell .Sad because the location is great...Could be cheaper...
1 night trip with friends Feb 8, 2014
Alex
"Very nice and clean"
Breakfast could be better
Other trip Jan 23, 2014
"close to everything"
My overall rating is 4 of 5. The room was clean, the beds comfortable but small, good size of the bathroom. To be so unexpensive, the hotel was fine, the staff was very friendly and willing to help. I will consider this Hotel for my next visit to Helen. Good location.
1 night trip Dec 30, 2013
happy vacation
"One night stay in Helen, GA"
The lady at the registration desk was very pleasant and helpful. As I entered the room, there was a nice clean smell. The room was bigger than I thought it would be. The bathroom was very clean as was the room. The only complaint I had was the in-room coffee pot was dirty and moldy. Overall, a very nice place to stay.
Other trip Jan 3, 2014