All hotels in Helen, Georgia, United States of America
8396 S Main St, Helen, GA, 30545, United States of America, ‏‎855-238-1592

"OK for few days of stay"
2 day stay with daughter & grand daughter, close to town and resturants
Other trip May 6, 2015
"Four generations on the trip."
Our stay at the Super 8 in Helen, Georgia was wonderful. The service was great. Right in the center of town so we could get the walk into town and the pool was wonderful and clean. I would book their again. It was a wonderful time for all. We just had so much fun and enjoyed it so much. The breakfast was wonderful and the staff was great, so friendly.
1 night family trip Apr 18, 2015
Martha I
"Good Weekend Get away"
This was just a weekend trip with the family and we had a great time. The Super 8 was clean and very nice staff. We would stay there again.
2 night family trip Apr 10, 2015
Alan
"Overpriced"
Rooms are way outdated and in need of repairs. Breakfast was minimal in quantity and variety and frequently they had run out. Heated pool was cold. I have stayed in much nicer hotels/motels for the same price on other trips.
Other trip Apr 12, 2015
Mimi
Great place to stay for people wanting to be close to Helen.
Other trip Apr 6, 2015
"Not the best or worst hotel"
It was clean but the beds were awful! They definitely need new mattresses!The springs kept poking us when we tried to sleep.
1 night family trip Mar 27, 2015
Teresa
"It served it's purpose but..."
We needed a cheap room to crash for a night after an event in the nearby area. Staff was fine and we were ok with everything until we tried to go to sleep and could hear people partying all night long in the room next door. The combination of thin walls and a very uncomfortable mattress made sleep all but impossible. Pro Tip: turning all the fans and things on sort of helped create some white noise... I doubt we'll come back here but will be prepared with some earplugs for situations like this in the future.
Other trip Mar 16, 2015
"Yuck"
One word.. Gross
1 night family trip Mar 11, 2015
Enjoyed staying there. Have been coming to Helen over 20 years.
Other trip Mar 9, 2015
"super disappointed"
The price was good aND that's about it. we didn't have enough pillows the bed wasn't comfortable. The location was amazing. We could walk to anywhere we wanted to go. The hotel needs to be updated.
2 night romance trip Feb 28, 2015
"Conveniently located"
Exactly what I expected for a 2-3 star hotel. Beds could be replaced. Towels could be thicker. Needs some upgrading, but we expected that based on rating. Microwave and fridge in the room. Cleaning crew missed our room 2 days in a row. I'd stay again because the office staff is wonderful.
Other trip Mar 3, 2015
karen
coming to helen for over 20 years - stayed at this super 8 many of those. great place!!! wil do it again
Other trip Feb 23, 2015
"Super 8"
Everything about Super 8 was a little below average. The price was a good price for an off season rate, though. Most disappointing was the internet service, WiFi, was out the whole time I was there.
2 night trip Jan 17, 2015
"Older hotel but still nice."
Very friendly and helpful hotel staff. The room was clean and comfortable. It was an older hotel that lacked the "wow" factor, but it was a nice place to stay.
Other trip Dec 14, 2014
"Check room before staying"
Had to change rooms 3 time in 3 nights
3 night romance trip Nov 27, 2014
"Good motel, except for the mattress"
My husband and I stayed at the Super 8 in Helen, GA over Thanksgiving. The location is perfect for ditching the car in the parking lot and walking the whole weekend. Almost everything we wanted to see was within walking distance. The staff was friendly when we checked in. When we asked for an couple of extra pillows, the front desk woman gave us three! Overall, it was a good experience, especially for being one of the least expensive options in the area. Keeping in mind that this hotel is not meant to be a luxurious experience, I was still a little disappointed by a couple of things. First, the mattress was not very comfortable. I slept just fine, but my husband did not sleep well most of the nights we were there. Second, the breakfast was a bit of a surprise when I reserved the rooms. Typically, motels on the low end of the price range simply do not offer breakfast. Super 8 in Helen does, but it was mostly just cereal, milk, juice and bagels. Luckily, they did have coffee, which my husband happily drank. I didn't try it, so I can't speak to how the coffee was. Even with these two disappointments, we had a great time in Helen's Super 8. We will probably use this motel again for future trips, but we'll be sure to not to rely on the breakfasts and to bring some extra padding for the beds.
Other trip Dec 5, 2014
"Very disappointed"
I was very disappointed,i was with family,the room smelled terrible and we could not stay in,also indoor pool did not work,so we just left this 'good' hotel after one hour.But most disappointed was the fact that service women at reception did not act about all my complains and just let me to leave with all this.I payed for 1 night but was only 1 hour there.I will never come to this hotel and recommend to anyone!!!
1 night family trip Nov 29, 2014
"Nice hotel, great location~!"
After reading others reviews I was worried but very happy to say.... The hotel was great. No issues~! Had a great time~!
2 night romance trip Nov 28, 2014
JohnA
"Great Value"
Really great staff and an awesome place to stay in Helen
2 night trip with friends Oct 17, 2014
They had reservations incorrect. Try to give us a smelly double room, when I reserved a king non-smoking room. Their reaction was "we don't have anything else" . Never stay there again.
Response by Super 8 Helen Ga
I am so sorry you had a poor experience with Super 8. I would like to investigate this issue further as we are always trying to improve ourselves. I can assure you this type of customer service is not what we strive for.
"Good, clean hotel"
This hotel is, like most of the hotels in Helen, a bit dated. However, with that knowledge already, my family had a great time at the last week of Oktoberfest in Helen. The hotel is right over the bridge by the Huddle House and just a short walk from the Festhall. Great staff who bring charm and grace to the Alpine Village!
"A sleepless night in HELLen"
The king size bed in room 108 provided the most uncomfortable night's sleep I think we have ever had. I reported it to the manager
1 night romance trip Nov 8, 2014
"Great place"
Very clean and close to everything. Would stay again.
3 night romance trip Nov 6, 2014
Brenda
"Location is great & close to everything"
Overall the hotel was in good condition. The backside of one building needed to be pressure washed and painted. There were a few places that needed wood replaced. The roadside appearance was very maintained. The room was excellent. The room was clean, neat, no smells, and everything worked. There were no stains on the carpet. The hotel personnel were very friendly and accommodating. The continental breakfast was adequate. The coffee was good.
Other trip Oct 31, 2014
Ken
"below average stay"
lady at check in acted like she did not care if we were there or not. She never got off her chair to check me in, never offered the Wi-Fi code. Her attitude was one that I was a bother to her. The lady the next day when I went to get Wi-Fi code was cheerful, helpful , asked how our room was . the room was adequate, noise level on Saturday night was unbelievable but then considering it was Oktoberfest I overlooked it. there was a lady checking in that night that was getting loud because her bed sheets were filthy and was arguing with the lady at check in over the phone, overall it was a place to sleep at night
Other trip Oct 28, 2014
Terry
"Roadtrip"
Bed coverings and carpet needs updated. Would have been alot more comfortable and clean. I would stay agin if they did this. But not the way it is now.
1 night romance trip Oct 24, 2014
"Super 8"
check in took 10 min.I was the only person there but Clerk was to busy with a personal Phonecall
2 night romance trip Oct 17, 2014
Dagmar
"Octoberfest Helen"
Super 8 is just steps from everthing in Helen.
3 night family trip Oct 10, 2014
"Close to everything-average hotel"
Check in was 4 hours over the check in time but the staff was friendly
Other trip Oct 14, 2014
Fun filled weekend in Helen for Octoberfest. Super 8 motel was very convenient & within walking distance to everything.
Other trip Oct 14, 2014
My boyfriend and I stayed here for two nights (Friday and Saturday) for Oktoberfest. Great location, the room was huge giving us plenty of room, and we had two sinks. That was great when we were both trying to get ready. Very close to the restaurants and shops and walking distance to nearby wineries/ wine tastings (15 min walk). There was a heated pool and a small breakfast included.
Other trip Oct 13, 2014
Room needs updated badly. Jacuzzi tub was nice. TV was ancient. Not really any breakfast to speak of. Pool was cold and they were not going to turn on the heated pool for a few weeks and we were looking forward to the pool. Wonderful little town though.
Other trip Oct 11, 2014
From Nashville
"Very friendly service but old facility."
Wonderful friendly people behind the counter. Location is very close to everything. Linens are clean, bed made daily. Has refrigerator and microwave which is a plus. However, building smells like it is old. Odor in the room is present like it needs new carpet. Sink and bathroom although cleaned, shows age and really needs to be maintained. But what bothers me most was the smell once you enter the room. It is either mold smell or just plain old building smell.
2 night family trip Oct 3, 2014
RUTH
"Great for Oktoberfest"
Close to downtown area. Comfortable room. Not many amenities but well worth the money.
Other trip Oct 6, 2014
JB
"Not totally happy with condition"
I was not pleased with the condition of the bathroom--did not feel it was clean or maybe just old. Room smelled musty. Breakfast was disappointing.
1 night family trip Sep 26, 2014
judy
Friendly staff, clean room, walking distance to everything!
2 night trip Sep 27, 2014
Emily
"You get what you pay for."
Room was in need of a lot of maintenance to bring it up to standard. The TV was an old tube type? Where's the flatscreen!
1 night trip Sep 23, 2014
Mickey
"Motel near shops but not worth the price."
The room NEEDS to be cleaner..........tub, sink, floor, substandard......."filth " behind toilet floor ( I'm sure still dirty even it was mentioned to the manager or by next month.), death bug on the bathroom floor, air condition old knobs do not work properly (especially the thermostat one). Outside the room, on the ceiling there is a "wasp" nest, to the left of the room there is bird "poop", stairs are filthy, ice machine nasty, in and around it is FILTHY..!!! The lady at counter was told and ------nothing happened---------. Definitely it is NOT worth the price a payed.
Other trip Sep 14, 2014
Hugo
"we stayed august 29 thur September 1st."
it was ok. the staff was friendly. the hotel look beautiful at night with all the pretty lights around us and downtown hellen. the pool was nice and clean.housekeeping was great! she kept our room clean and allways ask if we needed anything. very nice young lady.
Other trip Sep 7, 2014
traveler
it was an okay stay,liked the pool the hotel was close to everything
Other trip Sep 3, 2014
center of town walking distance to attractions
2 night trip with friends Aug 15, 2014
"not good"
the beds had plastic under the sheets that wasn't comfortable, I usually stay at super 8's when I travel because usually you get decent rooms but I won't stay here again.
1 night trip Aug 12, 2014
dan
"Didn't get what I paid for"
I reserved a room for 3 adults & 2 children, two dbl beds. Got two singles, not enough towels, soap, etc. Had to get blankets & pillows from the office and make spots in the floor. Then found out later that the room we were supposed to have gotten was given to someone else. I am just so very disappointed... plus paid for something I didn't get.
Other trip Aug 15, 2014
The room was musky smelling. Purchased some glade air fresher and carpet freshness Room was okay then
2 night trip with friends Aug 8, 2014
Mashburn
"Quick weekend trip"
Overall a pretty good stay for a Super8. Rooms were clean and the staff was very attentive. The pool was well maintained. Breakfast was good. Easy walk to the village and well lit parking lot. The mattresses do need to be replaced and really, who uses a true double mattress anymore? Update to queen size would be a great idea.
3 night family trip Aug 7, 2014
Dennis
"Old and dingy"
Hotel is old and feels like it's in a bit of disrepair. When we arrived, the toilet was clogged and it took 2 calls to the front desk (6 hours apart) to get it fixed. Mattress felt like it was worn out and to me actually felt "damp" (which I guess may have been the case, since they had one of those moisture absorbing bags hanging on the clothing rack). We received a sale rate and I think still could have stayed somewhere nicer in town for what we paid.
1 night romance trip Aug 9, 2014
"Adequate lodging"
Close to downtown, but nothing special. Had problems with room key as did other guests. Don't know if there was a problem with their system or the person programing the cards, but had to get it re-programed each day. Was extremely frustrated that on Friday I arrived back to my room at 9:48 pm and my key card would not work. Went to front desk and had to wait 38 minutes for someone to come back to the desk to help me. Apparently there was a problem with A/C and no one else on the premises to help the other guest. The front desk was left unattended with a sign that said "be back in a few minutes". The phone # on the sign rang directly to the front desk phone which was picked up by an answering machine. There was no way to get in contact with anyone. The office was not only unattended, but unlocked. Access to cash drawer and computers would not have been difficult given the amount of time I was waiting. Anyone could have had plenty of time to do mischief or more during that time. When the desk clerk returned, she did not apologize for our inconvenience, but was defensive and kept insisting that she had no other option but to leave the front desk unattended while she assisted with the A/C problem. Someone needs better training.
3 night trip Aug 6, 2014
cmk
"HORRIBLE"
Our room wasn't ready until close to 6PM. We should have checked in at 3PM. The manager was rude. She would not give us a number to contact higher manager, yet wouldn't resolve problems herself. I understand they were busy and it was a busy weekend, but there is no excuse for the poor management. I will not stay there again.
1 night trip Aug 2, 2014
Christie Wilson
"walking distance to downtown Helen"
Other than the pool maintenance and supply truck running late, we were well pleased with our stay. Friendly staff and walking distance to downtown Helen. Will stay there the next visit to Helen.
4 night family trip Jul 21, 2014
ARTyner
"Bad. Even for Super 8 standards."
Dirty! An old rag was left hanging in the shower, hair in sink and on counter, bugs crawling in bathroom.... Also lost power to our room for a while.
2 night romance trip Jul 19, 2014