All hotels in Marina, California, United States of America
You can collect Hotels.com® Rewards nights here3295 Dunes Rd, Marina, CA, 93933, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Wonderful"
great
1 night family trip May 18, 2015
BEATRIZ
"Relaxing Family Getaway"
Stayed here with my husband and three year old son. The amenities were great for our family - my son loved the pool, the beach, and the golf carts (every guest receives a cart to drive around the resort during their stay). There is even a small playground which he used one afternoon. For me, an important part of a hotel is the bed. Often they are uncomfortable and the sheets are a bit too stiff or too heavy on the detergent. This bed was super comfortable with nice sheets. I slept great! The room was clean and staff was friendly. We had a partial ocean view but didn't care because the whole resort is on the beach anyway. Marina is a tiny town, but it was quick and easy to head into Monterey and Carmel each day. Would stay here again!
Response by Sanctuary Beach Resort
Wow! It was such a pleasure reading your review of the resort! I am glad that your family enjoyed your stay with us! We hope to see you and your family again during your next trip to the Monterey area!
3 night family trip Apr 16, 2015
Sara
"Great Hotel...Stay Away from the Restaurant."
A long weekend trip to Monterey Aquarium was made all the better with this hotel. Great accommodations, great view of the water, good staff. The only downside? A restaurant that is overpriced with terrible quality. We could hardly eat any of what we ordered. Just a bad night? well, we thought that might be the case but 2 nights in a row? no. the place is just horrible. plenty of good eateries within a short drive. use the gas, don't waste your $$.
Response by Sanctuary Beach Resort
Thank you for leaving such a wonderful review of the resort. I am sorry to hear that the restaurant did not meet your expectations either night you stayed with us. We hope to have you and your family stay with us again during your next visit to the Monterey area.
3 night trip with friends Apr 16, 2015
"Great Revival"
My wife and I had a great time. The room was clean. Our view of the ocean was great. We had excellent access to the beach. The only thing that we noticed were a few ants in the room. Oh her than that, everything was great. We will stay at his resort every time we have the opportunity to visit the Monterey area
Response by Sanctuary Beach Resort
I would like to apologize for the inconvenience the ants caused you! I am glad to hear that you and your family will return to the resort during your next trip to the Monterey area! Thank you for taking the time to leave a review of the resort!
2 night romance trip Apr 10, 2015
Tracy
"Nice hotel on a great beach"
This hotel is located on one of the best beaches in the U.S. The rooms are very nice but we noticed some mold on the window casings. The hotel restaurant is not recommended. The mixed drinks are terrible and expensive.
Response by Sanctuary Beach Resort
Thank you for informing us about this issue! I am glad that you otherwise enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you for leaving a review! Come back and see us again soon!
1 night romance trip Apr 10, 2015
Dennis
"Birthday Getaway"
Beautiful views from our room with the sound of crashing waves made our stay just wonderful. Lovely fireplace in the room added to the ambience. Hated to leave.
Response by Sanctuary Beach Resort
I am glad that you were able to enjoy your birthday here with us! Come back and see us again soon!
2 night romance trip Apr 7, 2015
"Beautiful Surroundings but Noisy Room"
I was booked in a triplex with someone upstairs and another person adjacent to the room we were staying in. It was extremely noisy. The walls were thin and we could hear the heavy footsteps in the upstairs room way into the night.
2 night business trip Apr 3, 2015
"Peaceful"
Great resort. Peaceful. I would say they need to change their resturant and a couple extra features like real breakfast room service and they would be 5 stars
Response by Sanctuary Beach Resort
Thank you for leaving a review of the resort! We are currently in the process of updating the breakfast menu. We hope to see you again during your next visit to the Monterey area.
2 night romance trip Mar 22, 2015
"Amazing"
This is an amazing place. I would highly recommend it to any couple wanting a romantic, peaceful place.
Response by Sanctuary Beach Resort
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review of the resort. I am glad to hear that you would recommend our hotel to others! We hope to see you again soon!
1 night romance trip Mar 6, 2015
Julia
"Forget about the view in most rooms"
We booked a partial view room, which turned out to be a view of mostly golf carts and a distant blue spot if you stood at the right spot in the window. The front desk was quite insistent that my view constituted a partial view and offered to upgrade me for an extra $40. The funny thing is even the "upgraded" rooms had poor views. All in all not worth the money. Many better hotels in Monterrey.
1 night romance trip Mar 2, 2015
Sanjay
"For Grown-Up Relaxation."
Pleasant, serene and mostly comfortable. Sofa was horrible to hang out on. I am an unpacker and the lack of accessible drawers was a mild disappointment. Restaurant was just under very good. Thing that bothered us the most was the cheap flatware for both in restaurant and room service. The flatware edges hurt my hands and the knife could only threaten the steak. Location is the best! Ocean sounds, smells and views--just perfect. Firepits to snuggle by and on-site spa. Huge pool. Don't bring the kids have it all to yourself.
Response by Sanctuary Beach Resort
Bruce, Thank you for taking the time to leave a review of the resort. We really appreciate your feedback! I am sorry to hear that the restaurant did not send adequate flatware for the meal you ordered. I am glad however, that you were able to enjoy the other amenities that the hotel has to offer. We hope that you and your significant other will return soon!
2 night romance trip Feb 23, 2015
Bruce
"Great romantic getaway."
Perfect for beach lovers. Close enough to Monterey for access but far from the crowds.
Response by Sanctuary Beach Resort
We definitely pride ourselves on being away from the hustle and bustle of the downtown area. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us! We hope to see you again soon.
Other trip Feb 25, 2015
"Beautiful Oceanfront Accomodations"
Spent our anniversary there because of the excellent location near the beach in Marina. The room was beautiful, the view and sound of the ocean wonderful. The golf carts get you around the compound, including to the beach access. Didn't try going to the fire pit at night. Had room service breakfast both nights: Reasonably priced, quiche and ham/cheese croissant were very good, the coffee, orange juice and danish good,. The cranberry juice watery and bagel had no cream cheese or other topping.
Response by Sanctuary Beach Resort
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review of the resort! I am glad that we were able to have you stay for such a wonderful occasion. We hope to see you again this time next year!
2 night romance trip Feb 20, 2015
Timothy
"Awesome hotel close to beach"
Entire staff Friendly & willing to do whatever to keep you happy
Response by Sanctuary Beach Resort
We appreciate you leaving a comment about your stay with us. I am glad to hear that our staff made a lasting impression on you! Come back and see us again soon!
Other trip Feb 23, 2015
Jeff m
"Nearly perfect"
Ants and a spider in the bathroom area. The bifold doors leading to the slider wouldn't open without lifting them from their track. However, the staff seemed receptive and eager to correct the problem. The view and the staff were awesome. The room was unbelievably quiet. Overall, I would stay again. It would have easily been a 5 star rating had it not been for the ants, spider and equipment issue.
Response by Sanctuary Beach Resort
Thank you so much for leaving a review of the resort. We always appreciated the feedback. I am sorry to hear about the issues you had with your room! We hope to see you again during your next visit to the Monterey area.
2 night family trip Feb 16, 2015
Roger
"Paradise close to home"
Very relaxing,,kids love it!!looking forward for another stay!
Response by Sanctuary Beach Resort
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review of the resort. We look forward to your next visit.
1 night family trip Feb 19, 2015
"Fabulous! Sounds of the Ocean - beautiful rooms!"
Comfortable and beautiful rooms - friendly staff - beautiful oceanfront access.
Response by Sanctuary Beach Resort
We are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us! We hope to see you again during your next trip to the Monterey area! Thank you for taking the time to leave a review.
Other trip Feb 21, 2015
marie
"Nice hotel and resort on the beach"
Stayed for 3 days in a suite right on the beach. Kids loved it... Bon Fire on the beach, nice big pool and jacuzzi. Staff was extremely friendly and helpful. Personal golf carts for each room was a nice touch, making it easier get around. Short 10 min drive to Monterey aquarium and many restaurants. Enjoyed our stay...Will definitely go back there again!
Response by Sanctuary Beach Resort
Thank you for leaving a review of the resort! I am glad that you and your family got to enjoy the bonfire and the golf carts! We hope to see you again soon!
Other trip Feb 21, 2015
"Beautiful views and sounds of the waves."
We have been coming here for our anniversary for 7 years straight and have always had a wonderful stay. This was the first time we were put in a room below another room and although the views were still wonderful, the people above us were very loud. After a not so peaceful night, we were upgraded to a suite with even more breathtaking views. Thank you very much SBR staff!!! We will be back next year and I will be requesting that same room for sure :)
Response by Sanctuary Beach Resort
I am sorry to hear that your first night was disrupted by noise. I am glad however, that we were able to upgrade you and make the rest of your stay enjoyable. We look forward to your next visit. Thank you for being such loyal SBR fans!
Other trip Feb 20, 2015
Leticia
Beautiful resort right next to the beach. We rented a suite. Loved the fireplace that heated the rooms.
Response by Sanctuary Beach Resort
I am glad to hear that you were able to enjoy the fireplace in the room! It is always nice to cozy up in front of it and have a glass of wine. Thank you for leaving a review of the resort! We really appreciate the feedback.
Other trip Feb 18, 2015
"Over priced"
It's not worth $500
1 night family trip Feb 15, 2015
viviana
"Not the view I expected for a beach front room"
Booked a beach front room deluxe for Valentines day and upon check in, they told me they upgraded me to a beach front suite. So far so good right? Once I got to the upgraded room, 602 Suite, it was a very nice and clean room. My major complaint that even though it is advertised as a beach front room, half of my view was staring a dune and I can only see the ocean if I'm looking at it at an angle. For a $500 beach front room, I was expecting a better view. The view I got at a hotel in Laguna Beach was 1/2 the price while actually being on the ledge.
Response by Sanctuary Beach Resort
Thank you for leaving your review of the resort. I am sorry to hear that you did not enjoy the upgraded room. We always ask our guest to call the front desk with any issues they may have.
1 night romance trip Feb 14, 2015
Keith
"Good place to spend several days"
The scenery is pretty beautiful. The suite is very big and good. If you are going to have a vacation and stay for several days, I will recommend you.
Response by Sanctuary Beach Resort
Thank you for leaving a review of the resort. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We hope to see you again soon!
Other trip Feb 17, 2015
Yinxu
"Nice hotel, close to beach, dunes. So-so service."
Hotel is nice overall, but services are a mixed bag. Attention to detail is not a strong point. I didn't get housekeeping during my stay at all. The second day, we were out for 3 hours in the afternoon but came back to our room not cleaned. The third day, we were out for most of the day, but again housekeeping didn't come. We were supposed to get some special welcome gift (split-wine), but it was never offered. Hotel staff says to call for any concerns. How about getting it right the first time? For $200+ a night, you would think attention to detail is paramount. The staff do try to correct things, but it would've been nice if there wasn't a need to. Location is great, close to everything you might need or want. Beach is beautiful. You're given a cart to drive around the grounds. It really is not necessary. Probably meant for older folks to get around. It's a little tricky to start the cart. Instructions were barely helpful. Again, attention to details would've been nice. I would stay here again for the location. Hopefully their service improves.
Response by Sanctuary Beach Resort
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review of the resort. We appreciate your feedback. I am sorry that our housekeeping department did not meet your expectations. Like you said, we always ask our guests to call the front desk with any concerns that they may have.
Other trip Feb 10, 2015
couple
"First time here."
Had a great stay at Sanctuary Beach Resort. Rooms were great, view was amazing, great beach access, fairly priced. Would definitely stay here again.
Response by Sanctuary Beach Resort
I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us! Thank you for leaving a review of the resort! We hope to see you again soon.
Other trip Feb 10, 2015
"Sanctuary beach resort"
Place was great .Although the restaurant on site was horrible, And no room service option after 9 pm is a bummer .. Overall a fantastic getaway !!
Response by Sanctuary Beach Resort
I am sorry to hear that the restaurant did not meet your expectations! I am glad, however, that you enjoyed your stay with us. We hope to see you again soon.
3 night romance trip Feb 4, 2015
Everything was perfect! The staff took good care of us, and the room was great! We loved it.
Response by Sanctuary Beach Resort
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review of the resort! I am glad that the staff exceeded your expectations. We hope to see you again soon.
Other trip Feb 8, 2015
"Perfect beach resort"
Perfect beach getaway. Stay in an oceanfront room, walk the beach, listen to the waves and feel your stress melt away
Response by Sanctuary Beach Resort
We are glad that you were able to relax during your stay with us! Thank you for taking the time to leave a review of the resort. We hope to see you again soon!
1 night romance trip Jan 31, 2015
"nice place"
Very nice location.
Response by Sanctuary Beach Resort
We are glad that you enjoyed the resort! Come back and see us again soon!
2 night romance trip Jan 22, 2015
Don
The hotel is in a slight secluded area which is nice and with a good restaurant onsite, no driving; except in the provided golf cart. Will return soon.
Response by Sanctuary Beach Resort
We definitely pride ourselves on being off the beaten path! Thank you for taking the time to leave a review of the resort! We hope to see you again soon!
Other trip Jan 27, 2015
"Pleased with 1 small qualm..."
Everything was absolutely fantastic ! The only thing that I would say needs improvement is the quality of food in the restaurant at the resort/ hotel. The food was subpar.
Response by Sanctuary Beach Resort
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review of the resort! I am sorry to hear that the restaurant did not meet your expectations! I hope your experience with the resort will bring you back!
1 night trip Jan 23, 2015
Tanya
"Fabulous solo getaway"
My weekend stay was fabulous. Will definitely come back again. Thou my stay was a solo getaway, would absolutely come back again with a special friend. Very romantic comfortable rooms
Response by Sanctuary Beach Resort
I am so glad to hear that your weekend with us was fabulous for you! We welcome you (and your special friend) back anytime! Thank you for leaving a review of the resort!
2 night trip Jan 16, 2015
Suzanne
"Love the Sanctuary Beach Resort! ! !"
Was the most enjoyable time at The Sanctuary Beach Resort! ! ! Staff was friendly, helpful & room service was on it. We had a partial view But it was amazing the Ocean was right there & we left the door open all night so we could listen to the waves at night. They do a bonfire every night at 5:00 pm on the beach. It was a great way to get to know some of the other people that were staying there & share a beer or wine together. We plan on going back again but staying longer next time. The bike trail is not to far away & we rode the Fort Ord trail witch was Awesome... Larry & Kelly Manz
Response by Sanctuary Beach Resort
Larry & Kelly, Thank you for taking the time to leave a review of the resort! We are so glad that you were able to enjoy the bonfire with other guests of the hotel. The Fort Ord bike trail is a personal favorite as well. We are looking forward to your return to Sanctuary!
2 night romance trip Jan 14, 2015
Lawrence
"Perfect get away on the beach!"
Great location, great restaurant. Can't wait to bring the grand kids.
Response by Sanctuary Beach Resort
We look forward to having you and your family stay with us again! Thank you for taking the time to leave a review of the resort!
1 night romance trip Jan 8, 2015
Connie
"Amazing romantic get away"
our stay was awesome, and great for a romantic get away for a couple in the throws of a long distance relationship. Great food, bon fire on the beach, romantic balconey, fireplace, private beach, and the best bed my girlfriend has ever slept in. 5/5
Response by Sanctuary Beach Resort
We are so happy to hear that you and your girlfriend were able to enjoy a romantic getaway here at Sanctuary! Thank you for taking the time to leave such a wonderful review. We hope to see you both again soon!
Other trip Jan 5, 2015
Justin
"Beautiful beach, decent value @ $260/night."
Suite was well-appointed with a great view, fireplace, and two TVs in case sunsets aren't your thing. Nice tub and separate shower, all very clean. Turndown service was a nice touch, but bed was very soft, so I didn't sleep as well as I do on a medium-firm mattress. Second night we stayed (Friday) we could hear kids running around in the room above us- a little detraction from the serenity, but hardly worth mentioning. I hope to come back in the summer for a long weekend when the weather is warmer and we can just relax on the beach.
Response by Sanctuary Beach Resort
We appreciate you taking the time to leave such a wonderful review of the resort. I am glad that you enjoyed the view from your room! We hope to see you again during summer. Remember, our best months are September-November :)
Other trip Jan 4, 2015
Justin
"Sanctuary"
It sits right on the beach! Cozy room with fireplace and view of ocean. Gorgeous and comfortable. The BEST hotel experience I have had. Already planning for next getaway
Response by Sanctuary Beach Resort
We are so glad to hear that you will be planning a return stay! We appreciate you taking the time to leave such a wonderful review of the resort and look forward to seeing you soon!
1 night trip Dec 28, 2014
"A piece of Heaven!"
This was the most beautiful resort I have ever stayed at. The dunes on the ocean are breathtaking. Staff is over the top friendly, and the rooms are beautiful. How anyone could give thus place less than 5 stars is beyond me?!?!
Response by Sanctuary Beach Resort
Thank you for writing such a lovely review of the resort! We are glad that we were able to exceed your expectations! We hope to see you again during your next trip to the Monterey area.
1 night family trip Dec 29, 2014
adam
"Best hidden place!"
Should b even more amazing in the warmer months. Such a great location. So much privacy! Will b back in the summer for sure! Gave 4 stars for room comfort only because there is no bed side tables and hence no place to put some water or charge your phone. Huge and great Delux room otherwise. And fireplace is perfect
Response by Sanctuary Beach Resort
I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. Our best months here at September-November. We hope to see you again during our "summer"!
Other trip Jan 1, 2015
Anna L
Great stay in a great location. Kid friendly and a real hidden gem for off-peak travel season.
Response by Sanctuary Beach Resort
We definitely pride ourselves in being off the beaten path. We hope to see you again during the next off season!
2 night family trip Dec 21, 2014
Room was upgrade to suite for free. Amazing room!!! Best stay in Monterey ever.
Response by Sanctuary Beach Resort
We are so happy to have exceeded your expectations during your stay with us. We hope to see you again during your next trip to the area!
Other trip Dec 23, 2014
"OUTSTANDING!!!!"
Quite, peaceful, intimate, perfect 3 days. Private golf cart. Beautiful view of the ocean. What could be better.
Response by Sanctuary Beach Resort
We are glad to hear that you were able to enjoy a relaxing three days with us. Come see us again soon!
Other trip Dec 23, 2014
"Romantic Beach Weekend"
Beautiful hotel. Oceanfront rooms are the best. Bonfire on beach at night. Dog friendly. Patio for relaxing. Fireplaces. Comfy beds. We will be back!
Response by Sanctuary Beach Resort
What a lovely review of the resort. We are glad that your family was able to enjoy our beach bonfire! We are looking forward to your return!
1 night romance trip Dec 13, 2014
Ruthie
"California Road trip"
spend one night while traveling Hwy 1. Wonderful room, wish we could have spent more nights.
Response by Sanctuary Beach Resort
Thank you for making a pit stop at our resort! We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay! Thank you for taking the time to leave a review of the resort.
1 night family trip Dec 13, 2014
Jeffery
"Only positives, Close to Beach and Dog Friendly"
Can't deny the location, but make sure you ask for "ocean front" not "ocean view". The rooms are tiny, you have to drive golf carts to and from room. The access to the beach was nice and accommodations for your dog (poopie bags, bowls, etc) were ok. Still, be prepared for the tiny space where you won't find room to change your mind.
Response by Sanctuary Beach Resort
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review of the resort. Hope to see you again during your next visit to the Monterey area.
Other trip Dec 18, 2014
"Nice place, on the beach"
We just stayed one night but would have liked to stay longer. Very comfortable and relaxing stay.
Response by Sanctuary Beach Resort
Hopefully we can have you stay for more than one night next time you visit the Monterey area. Thank you for taking the time to leave a review of the resort.
Other trip Dec 16, 2014
"Review of bed."
Room was very Nice and clean. First of two complaints 1) the bed was very hard. Sleep was poor that night but the view made up for alot. 2) Shower hot water was only luke warm at best.
Response by Sanctuary Beach Resort
Thank you for leaving a review of the resort. I am sorry to hear that you didn't sleep well due to the firmness of the mattress. We hope to be able to supply a better nights sleep during your next visit to the area.
Other trip Dec 15, 2014
"wonderful night at the beach"
lovely time at the beach. Sunset was particularly wonderful.
Response by Sanctuary Beach Resort
I am glad that you were able to enjoy our beautiful sunsets. Thank you for leaving a review of the resort. Come back and see us again soon!
1 night trip Dec 7, 2014
"Beautiful quiet room on the dunes!"
Beautiful, comfortable rooms, some with ocean views, on ecological sand dunes away from the bustle. Pets are welcome, there is a path to the beach, and they provide binoculars for whale watching or whatever! Bathrooms are well-appointed, beds are huge and comfy, lovely pool and hot tub. No cars past a certain point; they assign a golf cart to you for your stay!
Response by Sanctuary Beach Resort
Thank you for leaving a review of the resort! I am glad that you enjoyed being away from the bustle of the downtown area. We definitely pride ourselves on being secluded. We hope to see you next time you travel to the Monterey area.
1 night trip with friends Nov 29, 2014
Spent the Thanksgiving Holiday and it was lovely. They even allowed for our dog!
Response by Sanctuary Beach Resort
We are glad you were able to spend the holiday with us! Thank you for leaving a review of the resort. We hope to see you again soon!
Other trip Dec 3, 2014