All hotels in Marina, California, United States of America
3295 Dunes Rd, Marina, CA, 93933, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Beach with a view"
Quick overnight with exceptional service from the staff, the best views of the ocean, and a beach bonfire to boot!
1 night romance trip Jan 30, 2016
Bryan
"Relaxing Bday Getaway."
We stayed two relaxing nights. We slept very well in the comfy bed while listening to the ocean. Our room had a nice view of the shore, a balcony, and a fireplace. We enjoyed soaking in the hot tub three times. Breakfast choices were limited, but delicious. They were delivered to the room in a cute basket with juice and coffee. (We had a tiny ant problem by the sink/microwave area... No biggie though.) Everyone that we encountered that worked at the resort was super friendly and helpful. The restaurant onsite was fine, but not great.
2 night romance trip Jan 22, 2016
Leslie
"Amazing views"
Went as a spur of the moment get away. Loved the room and wish we would have stayed longer. We loved the view and listening to the waves crash all night.
1 night romance trip Jan 23, 2016
Crystal
"One night get away"
Everything was perfect. Just wanted to get away for one night and relax. This place was beautiful!
1 night romance trip Jan 18, 2016
Victoria
"Relaxing quiet beach stay!"
The Sanctuary Beach Resort was quiet, pretty, very relaxing and in such close proximity to the beach. The hot tubs are very nice, warm and relaxing, but the pool heater wasn't working so it was too cold to enjoy. The deluxe room was okay in size, a little smaller than we thought it would be. Downsides: we heard flushing and water from the unit above us, damp and dirty bathroom windows, ants on the snack bar area. Overall we had a good time. This was our first time here and we will return during the off season to save a little on the cost of our next stay.
1 night romance trip Jan 10, 2016
Denise
"Nice facility, but needs work"
The location and facilities are nice but the rooms could use some general maintenance. One light did not work and the blinds were broken. Also, closet doors were difficult to open and close. Rollers were worn out. A number of small things that were a detractor.
3 night romance trip Jan 2, 2016
thomas
"Hound dogs and poodles"
The place is great especially if you have dogs… I was not aware that this is a dog hotel and every person has their hound dogs and poodles.....
1 night trip with friends Dec 24, 2015
Jd
Wonderful and very relaxing on the private beach! Your own golf cart to get around in!! Quiet and peaceful also
2 night romance trip Dec 14, 2015
Chester
Resort with a private beach. I had a great stay. My only issue was I paid a little extra for ocean view, and I thought that meant I was one of the units right on the beach. In my case it meant i could see the ocean, but I wasn't right on the beach, there were 2 rows of other units in front. Not a big deal, but not what I was expecting.
1 night business trip Dec 10, 2015
noah
"our 20th anniversary"
we went for our 20th anniversary, we paid a little more than we normally do, as it is 20 years. It was worth it, would love to go again. The staff was very helpful, the rooms were very comfortable and clean, and felt like our private beach, even though we were close to everything. Suspect the Summer months, are more crowded. There was a great storm, thunder, lightning, rain, which we love, and expect cold weather during our anniversary month of December. They have little golf carts they assign you to get to your room, I assume there is some environmental limitation on car access that close to the beach. The carts sound fun, but I would rather havemy car close to the room. It was just a minor inconvenience though, not a big deal.
2 night romance trip Dec 9, 2015
nancy
golf carts were fun. wish there were more areas to drive thru or a path on the beach to drive the cart and take pictures. bonfire was great too. the staff were really friendly. i liked the wine and cheese at check-in. nice touch.
2 night romance trip Dec 4, 2015
"Beautiful Location, Wonderful Room and Staff"
This was a really wonderful place for my sister and I spend a couple days of relaxation. There is easy access by car to Monterey and Santa Cruz, but the real feature is the location on the beautiful beach. Sitting and watching the sunset was the highlight of the day. Alyssa was terrific helping get just the right room for our visit. I'll certainly be back!
3 night family trip Nov 26, 2015
Milissa
Very enjoyable; one of our better hotel experiences...wish we could've stayed longer and look forward to coming back; expensive, but well worth the price
2 night romance trip Nov 13, 2015
Terry
We love sanctuary beach resort, we have stayed there before and will stay again!
2 night romance trip Nov 6, 2015
tonia
We loved the Sanctuary Beach Resort! So relaxing and beautiful, bon fires on the beach each night where people would bring a bottle of wine and chat with other vacationers, clean comfortable room with a beautiful view of the ocean, nice pool and jacuzzi. A golf cart is provided to get yourself around the resort, and it is only a 10 minute drive to Pebble Beach or Monterey Aquarium!
2 night romance trip Oct 29, 2015
Laurie
"Great Hotel with Beautiful Beach"
I took my girlfriend to the Sanctuary Beach Resort for a weekend trip - and the whole experience was great! The hotel resort was beautiful and we especially liked the private golf carts, the beautiful views off the balcony, and the adirondack chairs on the beach. Sleeping with the windows open and hearing the waves crash on the beach was the best. We got breakfast both days at Coffee Mia in Marina - highly recommended! The pour-over bar and the paninis were great! Also not far from Monterey, Carmel and Big Sur. Beautiful coast line and hiking - We got engaged on Pfieffer Beach in Big Sur. Great trip all around!
2 night romance trip Oct 23, 2015
"A nice little get away."
The resort location was great but I expected a little more from the suite I booked. It was a nice room but definitely not a suite. The hotel's restaurant was just ok but the front desk gave great recommendations for off site eateries.
2 night romance trip Oct 28, 2015
Shawn
"Amazing Hotel on the Beach"
Staff was friendly and helpful. Hotel was clean and luxurious. Will stay here the next time I am in the area. Absolutely amazing!
3 night business trip Oct 26, 2015
Angela
"Nice and off the beaten path."
If you are looking for some downtime in the Central Coast this is a great choice. Not for from Marina for any necessities and easy driving north to Santa Cruz or south to Monterrey and Carmel. Staff very friendly, nice room - get the ocean view and you have immediate access to miles of dunes and beach with the nearby state park. Everything I had hoped for especially this late in the year!
Other trip Nov 1, 2015
"Golf Getaway"
Went to Monterey for golf. Very convenient for Bayonet/Black Horse. Loved the golf carts you are given for each room to use around the property. The restaurant on site - Kula Ranch - was very good. Very nice room (King Deluxe). Great staff. Will stay again.
2 night trip Oct 26, 2015
"Relaxing hotel experiance"
It was a beautiful place to relax. Although the room was listed as a partial view we had a perfect view of the ocean and sunset. The room provided binoculars for an even better view. We were fine without an a.c. but it would have been an issue at a warmer time of year. The only restaurant around was in the complex and was just ok. They have you park your car in the main parking lot and assign each room a golf cart to get around. There was also a bonfire by the beach every night. It is only 10 miles to Monterey bay for anyone wanting more excitement.
2 night romance trip Oct 27, 2015
Maria
They upgraded us to a full beach view when we arrived. Hotel included a golf cart to drive around the property to protect the environment. This far exceeded our initial expectations. Looking forward to coming back next year
1 night business trip Oct 27, 2015
"Excellent experience!"
Excellent..will come back again! The room was beautiful, clean and cozy. View breathtaking!
2 night romance trip Oct 25, 2015
"Will be back again!"
Had an amazing stay! It was truly a "get-away".
1 night romance trip Oct 25, 2015
Melinda
"Great beach front hotel!"
I have nothing bad to say about this hotel. The front desk staff were all very friendly. We arrived at 2;00 P.M. and were greeted with cheese, salami, crackers and wine. Our room was ready before the posted check in time and was very nice. We had a partial ocean view which provided a good view of the ocean. The room was large and the bathroom was very clean and big. The assigned golf carts were very convenient since the grounds are large and you can not park your car next to your room. The fireplace in the room was nice and made the room comfortable at night when it was a little chilly. The bonfire was fun and gave us a chance to chat with other guest. It was really nice that they have a private beach so we could take our dog on the beach (the state beach next door did not allow dogs). I am already making plans to return and have told friends about how nice our stay was.
Other trip Oct 20, 2015
Suzanne
View from the room was excellent. Beach was magnificent. Hotel is isolated so there s/b more food service. Hotel was a little rundown for the price
1 night trip Oct 11, 2015
"Awesome resort!"
The suite was luxurious, with a relaxed vibe. We really enjoyed the beach during the day and then watching the sunset over the ocean while sitting by the bonfire. The pictures of the resort and beach on hotels.com show how beautiful the setting is -- no exaggeration.
1 night romance trip Oct 9, 2015
Beth
Beware when you book an "oceanfront" room doesn't mean you'll have a good view of the ocean. If there was a way to post a picture here I would show you our view of the smoky firepit and a bit of the ocean behind it. That was my only disappointment and lesson. Would still definitely return with a different booking.
2 night romance trip Oct 7, 2015
Valerie
"Very nice rooms and right on the beach"
Room was very spacious and looked out on the ocean. They even have a community fire pit in the evening, which was a lot of fun. Also, there are chairs on the beach to watch the sunset in the evening which was absolutely beautiful. This hotel is perfect for a romantic getaway or for a quiet getaway.
Other trip Oct 10, 2015
jean
"Why is this just a 3 star hotel?! I'd make it a 4."
This resort was one of my favorite hotels from this last vacation. I would definitely return. The rooms are all facing the ocean with full or partial views. You take a golf cart to get to and from your room. It's sort of a small resort so this seems a little silly at times. But maybe that's the price you pay to be in the midst of the dunes. I had a partial view room and it was upgraded to a suite. I could see the ocean from my patio over the tops of the other rooms. The patio had two Adirondack chairs that I vegged out in while listening to the ocean. It had a fantastic sitting area inside with fireplace and TV. The kitchenette was well stocked and I fully appreciated that wine, champagne and regular glassware were provided. The bed and bath were luxurious. Because it was a suite there was a bath tub/shower and a separate shower available. All in all this was a fantastic hotel/resort. I would highly recommend it.
Other trip Oct 9, 2015
Katie
"Nice Place"
Nice place with oceanfront rooms. Liked the fireplace and the view. Would have been happier if our room had been cleaned. We were out all day and arrived back at the room after 3:30 to get ready for my birthday dinner. Room had never been cleaned. Housekeeping arrived 10 minutes later, but we had to get ready to make our reservation and she had no time to clean after we left. Hotel policy is to clean rooms of departing guests first and those staying last. Would have been good to know in advance.
Other trip Oct 7, 2015
Joyce
A perfect place with a wonderful beach. Staff are most pleasant and helpful.
1 night romance trip Sep 30, 2015
Outstanding!
3 night trip with friends Sep 25, 2015
Christine
"We Will Be Back..."
My husband and I were driving Hwy 1 and booked this hotel as a rest before heading No. to San Fran. It was wonderful, fun and relaxing! just what we wanted! We Will Be Back!
1 night romance trip Sep 22, 2015
Betsy
The Sanctuary Beach Resort is beautiful setting and the quality of the service was good. We booked a room with a "partial view" and were quite disappointed that our view was of a huge sand dune just on the other side of our deck with a slight glimpse of the beach and resort far off to the side. Room 610 Deluxe was not so deluxe. We enjoyed the golf carts and the fire pits on the beach. The overall concept was great but felt the description of "partial view" is very misleading.
1 night romance trip Sep 23, 2015
"The perfect romantic getaway"
We had a wonderful stay, every minute was enjoyed. From the moment we arrived we were treated wonderfully. The check-in staff was professional and friendly. I felt like the staff was there to attend to whatever needs I might have. The room was perfect; the outside patio was relaxing, the fireplace was amazing, and the bedding comfortable. The entire grounds were clean and peaceful. Amazing setting and the bonfire on the beach was a great bonus. I could not have asked for more!
2 night romance trip Sep 19, 2015
"Awesome"
Awesome..words cannot describe it..u need to be there to see it...I was in ocean front room...superb view...
1 night family trip Sep 21, 2015
KATHIRAVAN
"A wonderful experience on the beach !"
We had a wonderful time. This is going to be out new spot to take some time away from our everyday busy schedules. Only a few things need to be improved, the outside furniture was dirty, we asked for an hour extra for a late checkout and the front desk women said they would charge me at 1pm a full price stay if we were not checked out. you pay $300 a night for a room, it would be nice for better customer services. Maybe they should also let their guests know about the s'mores kit, that it is an additional charge and that they have them. Otherwise when we first checked in on monday the front desk crew were fantastic !!!
1 night romance trip Sep 7, 2015
corey
"Best Resort Stay"
One of the best resort stays we had. We upgraded our room for a more ocean view. Our room was very comfortable. Keurig coffee machine w/complimentary coffee & tea, a mini fridge was provided in the room. The beach was walking distance and we could hear the waves from our room. We were assigned a golf cart to move around the resort. Everybody was very helpful. We would love to stay here again.
4 night romance trip Aug 30, 2015
"relaxtion"
loved our visit we want to come back again sometime the sanctuary is so relaxing thanks again and see you again p.s. I have been telling all of my friends .
1 night family trip Sep 1, 2015
Paula
"Totally terrible hotel restaurant"
... and rooms with not very nice design
2 night romance trip Aug 31, 2015
Michal
Good customer service very friendly
1 night family trip Sep 1, 2015
Emercyl
"Beauty at the Beach"
We were here for 2 nights for our Anniversary and we had an Oceanfront/View room. The view was breathtaking as literally we could lie in bed and watch the waves roll in. The patio had 2 Adirondack chairs and that is where I stayed most of the time. The walk to the beach was short BUT this sand is like quicksand, I have never experienced anything like it. It was the hardest sand to walk in, wet or dry. That dissuaded me from going to the beach more, but with our view it wasn't as necessary. This is a VERY private secluded beach, at one point there were only about 5 people out there for as far as you could see either direction. The room has everything you need including a wonderful fireplace. The restaurant choices are few but Kula Ranch had a fantastic hamburger. We ordered room service breakfast so we didn't have to go out, but it was only slightly above average, I wouldn't do that again. If you want quiet seclusion then this is a great choice.
2 night romance trip Aug 27, 2015
Kumi
"Perfect Get away."
Went for our anniversary. First time there. Great place! Ocean front room was perfect. Upstairs so we slept with doors and windows open. Crashing waves rocked us to sleep. To say it was relaxing is an understatement. We will be back soon.
1 night romance trip Aug 30, 2015
Tony
Very nice hotel for family vacation!
2 night family trip Aug 29, 2015
Nadiia
"Dog Sanctuary"
We enjoyed our time at the Sanctuary and the hotel staff was very nice and accommodating. The only draw back for us was the amount of dogs that were there staying there as well. While we love dogs, it was a bit much and thinking about all of the dogs that come and go and stay in the rooms was a bit of a turn off. This alone would be why we would not stay there again. Otherwise we would recommend to anyone who loves their dog and can't part with it.
5 night romance trip Aug 24, 2015
Melinda
"Comfy and Romantic"
This was our anniversary so they provided a lovely card and a bottle of wine gratis. Very nice touch. I also like that they will provide a breakfast basket delivered to your room with hot food like Quiche or a breakfast croissant with coffee for under $15.00 each. We had a view of the ocean and the bed was very comfortable. The fireplace offered a romantic feel.
2 night romance trip Aug 27, 2015
Tracy
Always a pleasure visit. Staff is always helpful and friendly.
1 night romance trip Aug 25, 2015
"Terrible customer service"
Tried to book a lovely Hotel stay with my Husband for our 1 year anniversary, however their site booked it for the night that I booked, instead of on our anniversary weekend. We noticed the next day and tried to get the situation straightened out by contacting a manager there. Manager denied us and stuck to their 'no refunds' policy, which apparently means they can just take money from you and give you nothing. We would have been so elated if they had kept our money and booked us a night so that we could give them a good review, but the manager refused. This is no way to run a business and get repeat clients. Learn how to take care of the people giving you money, that is the only reason why you have a business.
Other trip Aug 28, 2015
"A quick visit"
Great! The Golf Cart idea was different and a wonderful idea. The massages were also good AND THE STAFF WAS EXCELLENT. The only comment is that the nut and granola snacks could be free. Surprising to learn that we had to pay so much for these.Loved the beach and bonfire and extra blankets! Thank you for being so accommodating!
1 night trip with friends Aug 23, 2015