All hotels in Marina, California, United States of America
You can collect Hotels.com® Rewards nights here3295 Dunes Rd, Marina, CA, 93933, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

Excellent location. This was the second time we've stayed there. This time we took our cocker spaniel and they were able to accommodate us!
Response by Sanctuary Beach Resort
We definitely enjoy hosting families as well as their pets! We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us! Can't wait for your next stay!
Other trip Dec 1, 2014
"Nice hotel, nice staff"
good facility, clean room. very kind staff. front beach is clean and enjoyable.
Response by Sanctuary Beach Resort
I appreciate you taking the time to leave such a nice review of the resort! Glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us! We hope to see you again soon.
Other trip Nov 29, 2014
"Celebrating wedding anniversary."
Evening fire pit on the beach was wonderful. Made many new friends.
Response by Sanctuary Beach Resort
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review of the resort. Our beach bonfire is definitely a fun activity for our guests. Come back and see us again soon!
2 night romance trip Nov 24, 2014
Chan
"Great location very close to beach"
We had a great room with a very good ocean view. Everything was good except they allow dogs and the person staying in the timeshare next to our room had a little dog that barked all night. Also the people above us were very loud and obnoxious. We've been here many times and this was the only time his has ever happened. So that will not affect us staying again. We love this resort and will definately be back! Highly recommended.
Response by Sanctuary Beach Resort
I am sorry that this stay was not as excellent as your previous stays. We always ask our guests to call the front desk with any concerns they may have about their accommodations. I am glad to hear that this will not be the last time you stay with us. We hope to see you again soon!
Other trip Nov 27, 2014
melanie
"Beachfront resort"
After a nightmare of a flight from JFK to SFO the a almost 2hr drive to the resort, we were so happy to check in, there was a problem, I had made reservations months before, our room was somehow unblocked in the schedule , so we were told we would have to stay in one room for a night and then move, the next day we were not thrilled with having to move, the room we were going to move to. So we asked if we could upgrade , which we did for additional fee, which was worth it, the view was beautiful, right on the oceanfront. the sunsets were spectacular to watch. The staff all over the resort was wonderful, Trisha at the main desk and the manager Derek were very professional and accommodating to us, with the check in mix up, they gave us a $20.00 credit to use on property. the property and the rooms are beautiful. The biggest down side to the resort is the onsite restaurant the "Kula Ranch", we had dinner one night and that was one dinner too many , the service was fine, but the food was awful. I would definitely recommend this resort, but not the restaurant onsite.
"Nothing quite like it"
Secluded and romantic yet family friendly at the same time. We go every year. If you want to be in the middle of everything and close to the tourist favorite spots then this is not your place. If, however, you like quiet and sunsets and the sound of waves rolling in then this is your place. We love the golf carts and the bonfires and the comfy atmosphere.
Response by Sanctuary Beach Resort
Thank you for your continued patronage! There nothing like falling asleep to the sound of the ocean. We hope to see you again soon! Thank you for leaving such a wonderful review of the resort!
k
"Must stay"
Excellent right on the ocean...very relaxing!
Response by Sanctuary Beach Resort
We are glad that you were able to get some R&R here at Sanctuary. Thank you for leaving a review and we hope to see you again soon!
1 night romance trip Nov 14, 2014
"The best night ever"
I love every minute i was there wish i could go back
Response by Sanctuary Beach Resort
Thank you for leaving such a wonderful review of the resort. We hope that you will be able to come and stay with us soon!
1 night romance trip Nov 13, 2014
edna
"Beautiful Resort and Lovely Rooms!"
Beautiful property, resort staff and clientele were both extremely friendly. I would stay here again without a doubt! Although, I wouldn't bother going to the restaurant again.
Response by Sanctuary Beach Resort
I am sorry to hear that the restaurant did not meet your expectations. I am glad however, that you enjoyed every other aspect of your stay with us! We hope to see you again soon!
1 night family trip Nov 10, 2014
"Can't wait to go back!"
Spectacular location, excellent service, Wonderful amenities.
Response by Sanctuary Beach Resort
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review about the resort. We hope you come back and see us again soon!
1 night trip with friends Nov 4, 2014
"Easy to find, and a great beach!"
Lot's to do in the area. It would take a week to see all there is to see.
Response by Sanctuary Beach Resort
Thank you for leaving a review! We hope to see you again soon.
Other trip Oct 30, 2014
"Monterey Getaway"
Great location--right on the beach. This is our "go to" location for the Monterey area--close to Monterey proper and Carmel. Bring your pooch--they will enjoy their run on the beach. Price is very reasonable for the location and amenities!
Response by Sanctuary Beach Resort
I appreciate you taking the time to leave such a lovely review of the resort! I am glad to hear that we are your "go-to" hotel for your trips to the Monterey area. We hope to see you again soon!
3 night romance trip Oct 21, 2014
"Overnight getaway"
Couples getaway. Used the hot tub, fire pits and had a fantastic dinner at Kula Ranch.
Response by Sanctuary Beach Resort
I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay here at Sanctuary! We hope to see you again during your next visit to the Monterey area.
1 night romance trip Oct 19, 2014
"Perfect place to get away"
My boyfriend and I stayed at the resort for one night and we enjoyed our stay so much. From the first greeting until check out, all the staff was were so helpful and welcoming. We had an ocean view room and went to the beach with our breakfast that was delivered to our room. We can't wait to go back.
Response by Sanctuary Beach Resort
Thank you for taking the time to leave such a wonderful review of the resort! I am glad to hear that every aspect of your stay exceeded your expectations. We are excited for your next visit!
1 night romance trip Oct 19, 2014
Leanna
"Relaxing and comfortable~"
We were celebrating our Anniversary. Very Romantic walks on the beach. The hotel gave us a bottle of wine. Staff is very accommodating and friendly.
Response by Sanctuary Beach Resort
Congratulations on your Anniversary! We are glad that we were able to make such a tremendous occasion special for you! Come back and see us again soon!
2 night trip Oct 15, 2014
Lorie
"Sanctuary Beach visit"
Wonderful, peaceful 2 days at this resort. Absolutely beautiful view from our room. We could even see whales in the distance. The beach is gorgeous and secluded. Happy hour at the restaurant was terrific--great food for a low price. Will definitely book this hotel again.
Response by Sanctuary Beach Resort
I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us here at Sanctuary. The marine life has definitely put on quite a show for our guests in the last month. We hope to see you again. Thank you for leaving a review!
2 night family trip Oct 13, 2014
"A Great Escape"
Had a great time. Peaceful, quiet, right on the beach. Sat on the patio watching whales blow and breach. Not right in the center of the action so be prepared for 15-20 minute drive to Aquarium and other venues in Monterey.
Response by Sanctuary Beach Resort
We have had a ton of marine activity in the last month. I am glad you were able to see the whales out in the water! We definitely pride ourselves in being away from the hustle and bustle. Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We hope to see you again during your next trip to the Monterey area.
Other trip Oct 17, 2014
Laurie
"Quiet hotel tucked away near Monterey"
I booked an ocean view room on Hotels.com, but when we checked in, I was a little dissatisified to see that our room had only a slight ocean view, it was not what we had expected and why we had paid more money for that specific room. However, the hotel itself had a lot of great features like distance to beach, huge bathroom, great staff, and nighly fire pit. Overall we enjoyed our stay here, but for anyone looking to stay here who wants an ocean view, you should book through the hotel instead of online. Ask for an oceanFRONT view or else you will end up wasting money. The oceanFRONT rooms may not be available online.
Response by Sanctuary Beach Resort
I would like to start by saying thank you for your feedback. We always ask our guests to notify us with any issues they may have during their stay! We hope that you will give the Sanctuary another chance here soon.
3 night romance trip Sep 29, 2014
"Great resort"
Beautiful and peaceful place to stay. I would definitely recommend this hotel.
Response by Sanctuary Beach Resort
I am glad to hear that you would recommend our resort to your friends and family. Thank you for leaving a review and we hope to see you again soon!
Other trip Oct 15, 2014
melanie
"A slice of heaven on the beach near Monterey"
This was our 2nd time staying here at the sanctuary Resort and 10th time to Monterey. It has to be the most spectacular stay I have ever had at Monterey. We got a beach front room and were treated to views of Dolphins jumping, Humpback whales feeding, birds of all types and all from our balcony. My kids enjoyed playing on the beach which was a 2 minute walk from our room. The service was great, the people were friendly, and the views, pool area and beach were awesome! I will 100% for sure stay here again, Best place in the Monterey area if you want to be close to the beach.
Response by Sanctuary Beach Resort
I would like to say thank you for leaving such a glowing review of the resort! It was truly a pleasure to read! Our marina life has been very active the last couple of weeks, which has been a pleasure for all of our guests! I am glad to hear that we met your expectations yet again! Come see us again soon.
3 night family trip Sep 28, 2014
Neil
"Romantic place"
Perfect place for couple or family, we really enjoy everything, clean room, a lot attention, the amazing ocean in front was spectacular, the only thing I don't really liked was the restaurant the food is not the best, but the attention was good.
Response by Sanctuary Beach Resort
Thank you for writing such a lovely review of the resort. Our ocean front rooms are definitely the way to go! We hope to see you during your next trip to the Monterey area.
1 night trip Sep 30, 2014
Norma
"Staff was wonderful"
We came for a dog show with four dogs and the staff couldn't be nicer.We got a suite, which was lovely. Can't say enough good things about this hotel. It is conveniently located to Monterrey and Carmel.
Response by Sanctuary Beach Resort
I am glad to hear that your family and your dogs enjoyed your stay with us here at Sanctuary! Thank you for leaving a review and we hope to see you again during your next visit to the area.
1 night trip Sep 26, 2014
Ilene
"Watched humpbackwhales just offshore in late Sept!"
Great customer care! A bottle of wine was delivered just because a new staff member made a tiny mistake when we checked in.
Response by Sanctuary Beach Resort
I am so glad to hear that the problem was resolved to your liking. Thank you for leaving a review of the resort and we hope to see you again soon!
Other trip Oct 1, 2014
Abby
"Just okay"
Bed was very uncomfortable. No hot water in shower. Man upstairs sounded like he was going to fall through the celing at any moment! Woke up twice in the middle of the night by phone calls. Not worth $500 for two nights! A lot of nice places to stay in Monterey area for that price... Don't waste your money.
Other trip Oct 1, 2014
Tiffany
Just wished We could Of stayed longer we will be back for sure
Response by Sanctuary Beach Resort
We wish you could have stayed longer too! Thank you for taking the time to leave a review!
1 night business trip Aug 17, 2014
"Good, but..."
The hotel was nice and the staff friendly & helpful. The room was small, but comfortable. My husband and I were getting away to celebrate our anniversary. The rooms are typically 2 to a floor, and the the door was right next to our bed. The entrance to the suite next door was directly across from our door so we heard whenever they came or went or had visitors. We stayed for 5 nights and I believe there were 3 different groups in the other room during our stay. We heard them all. While they were in the room, we didn't hear much, though, so that was a plus. The ocean view was spectacular! The deck was nice, but not too private - and, again, we heard our neighbors. When we are at home we are often too busy to watch TV so we don't pay for cable. Therefore, we like to watch cable shows when we vacation. Beware...although there is cable at the Sanctuary, the channels are limited and not great (and the reception sometimes spotty). This was a HUGE disappointment for us. Also, was no DVD or Blu-Ray player, so no other options for us. Overall, I would not go again. Too much money for too little.
5 night romance trip Sep 14, 2014
Ginger
"A little piece of heaven"
Wow, where do I start? My husband and I decided to stay at this hotel because it was on the beach. Boy, was it ever (see photos). We could see the ocean from our one story cottage and hear the ocean waves every night. Our room, a suite, was huge! We had clean beach towels every day and (my favorite part) our own golf cart to get around the hotel/resort. Note that the hotel is affiliated with Wyndham Worldwide, but, for the best experience, spring for the rooms (cottages) : You will not regret it!
Response by Sanctuary Beach Resort
Reading your review was such a wonderful experience. I am so glad to hear that you were able to get so much pleasure out of our golf carts! They are my favorite part too! We hope to see you again during your next trip to California!
Other trip Sep 22, 2014
Rachel
"Wonderful resort!"
This resort is an absolute MUST for anyone looking for a peaceful, secluded, yet conveniently located place to stay. The resort itself is lovely and, being that it is situated directly on the beach, the views from every area around the resort are stunning. The rooms are spacious, clean and very comfortable. I will not hesitate to stay there again!
3 night romance trip Sep 13, 2014
"Would love to go back!"
Great place to stay near beach with a quiet pool. Unfortunately the restaurant did not come highly recommended otherwise we would have never left! Watched the sunrise and sunset from our balcony and loved sleeping to the sounds of the ocean.
Response by Sanctuary Beach Resort
Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I am glad to hear that you were able to relax to the sounds of the ocean while you were here. Come see us again soon!
Other trip Sep 19, 2014
KW
"A true sanctuary."
Relaxing and rejuvenating. Great staff. Rooms are clean, cozy and comfortable.
Other trip Sep 18, 2014
"Very Pleasant Surprise"
Made our trip to Monterey Peninsula even more enjoyable. After day of touring Monterey, Carmel, and 17 mile drive; stay here was relaxing and enjoyable. Enjoyed having the golf cart for visiting the restaurant on site, the beach access, and just traveling the facility. Lobby Building/Area was nice. All personnel we encountered from check-in, restaurant, room personnel, and check-out were helpful and friendly. Had a good meal at the restaurant. Went to the beach for the night fire pits and enjoyed. Because of the area climate, we used our gas fireplace in the room. Bathroom was spacious as my spouse and I had totally separate areas to use for getting ready to retire at night and start the next day. Did not use pool or hot tub, but looked nice. Great stay and was not far from Monterey.
Response by Sanctuary Beach Resort
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review of the resort. I am glad that you were able to enjoy so many aspects of the resort. Maybe next time you visit us you will have time to use the pool! Have a great day!
1 night trip Sep 7, 2014
Dusty
"Nice hotel. Beautiful beach views and very private"
Awesome ocean views, 50 yards from the beach where daily we saw dolphins, sea lions and even a whale. Beautiful sunsets, very private. Nice rooms and friendly staff. A great place to relax and get away.
Response by Sanctuary Beach Resort
Thank you for taking the time to leave such a great review of the resort! The marine life has been very active the last couple of months and we love it! :)
Other trip Sep 13, 2014
Tonya
"Beautiful, restful, comfort by the ocean"
The resort is called Sanctuary for a very good reason. This was my second visit and I would love many more. The staff are all happy people who don't hesitate to get what you ask for. My room,610 was perfect and the view spectacular! Fresh coffee at sun rise on the patio is perfect. I am already looking forward to my next visit. Planning for kids and grandkids to be with me next visit. They will love the s'mores and bonfire on the dunes every evening.
Response by Sanctuary Beach Resort
I am so glad that you enjoyed your second visit with us! 610 is a wonderful room (you cant beat ocean front). We hope to see you and your family for our sunset bonfire!
Other trip Sep 13, 2014
kathy
"Serene, beautiful waterfront paradise"
Proximity to ocean, dolphins, whales, birds ...... make this location an unbelievable peaceful getaway
Response by Sanctuary Beach Resort
I am so glad that you were able to witness some of our wonderful marine life! We hope to see you again soon!
2 night romance trip Sep 7, 2014
Mjadl
"Beautiful Hotel"
Our first time experience was excellent. Staff and Hotel was on point. Will come back for sure.
Response by Sanctuary Beach Resort
We can't wait to see you again! Thank you for leaving a comment.
Other trip Sep 9, 2014
Angel
"Hidden Gem at the beach"
Could not have asked for a more relaxing stay! Beautiful beach, fun golf carts!
Response by Sanctuary Beach Resort
Thank you for leaving a review of the resort! We hope to see you again during your next visit to the Monterey area.
Other trip Sep 6, 2014
Lindsey
"What a fantastic hotel. Will definitely go back."
This hotel had such a great feel. Your proximity to the ocean is unbeatable. The rooms were nice...the staff was fantastic. We will definitely be going back!
Response by Sanctuary Beach Resort
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review! I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We would love to see you again during your next trip to the Monterey area.
1 night trip Aug 28, 2014
Jen
"Peaceful"
love our stay here. so close to the beach you can hear the waves at night. we didn't get the ocean room either. the pool was nice and the hot tub was one of the biggest we have seen, perfect for our 1 yr old baby. Will stay here again if I have the chance. The only disappointment was the restaurant. so-so food, but very convenient.
Response by Sanctuary Beach Resort
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of the resort. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us! I am sorry that the restaurant did not live up to your expectations, but I am glad that you would return to the resort! Come see us again during your next visit to the Monterey area.
2 night trip Aug 27, 2014
"Peaceful, romantic hide-away"
Sanctuary Beach Resort is a wonderful place to disconnect & relax. The staff is very attentive & make every effort to make your stay memorable. We celebrated our 34th wedding anniversary there with the Romance package. It was awesome!
Response by Sanctuary Beach Resort
I am so glad to hear that you had an enjoyable anniversary while here at the Sanctuary. We hope to see you again for your 35th anniversary!
Other trip Sep 1, 2014
We are already planning a trip back
Response by Sanctuary Beach Resort
We look forward to seeing you again soon!
2 night family trip Aug 20, 2014
"Nice coastal retreat in a great location."
We enjoyed a very pleasant stay at this hotel. It is well situated near Monterey and Santa Cruz. The beach is clean and beautiful!!!
Response by Sanctuary Beach Resort
We are glad that you had such a wonderful stay with us here at the Sanctuary! Thank you for leaving a review and we hope to see you again soon!
Other trip Aug 23, 2014
"hidden treasure"
We enjoyed our stay & plan to return & bring family!!
Response by Sanctuary Beach Resort
We can't wait for your return! Thank you for taking the time to write a review!
1 night trip Aug 20, 2014
"Surprise on the beach"
We had a wonderful evening at this resort with our grandson. You don't even see the property from the road. It is tucked into the sand dunes, lovely little buildings that house rooms and suites. The pool, hot tub and on site restaurant were all very good. Having the beach bonfire was a big treat too. Lovely experience
Response by Sanctuary Beach Resort
Thank you for writing a review of the resort! We are glad that you were able to enjoy all that Sanctuary has to offer. Hopefully we will see you during your next visit to the area!
1 night trip Aug 13, 2014
"Lovely place, strange experience with service"
Lovely place, beautiful, clean rooms. Unique, all units are close to the ocean. Everyone gets a little golf cart to drive around the grounds, which was fun for my son. But we had a strange experience: the man who helped us with our bags told us, within a very short time, that (1) we should definitely NOT go in the water at all because of the frequency of shark attacks, and (2) terrifying stories about how many people drive off the edge of the cliffs in Big Sur and die, cameras in hands. Might have been fine if it had just been my husband and me, but it scared my son enough that he had trouble enjoying the visit. We had our surfboards, which is why he started talking about sharks. While it is a sharky place, he dramatically exaggerated the frequency of shark attacks in the area. It was pretty disappointing.
Response by Sanctuary Beach Resort
I appreciate you taking the time to write this review. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed the property and the golf carts, which are always fun for the kids! I am sorry to hear about your experience with our bell staff!! My deepest apologies go out to you and your family for the misleading information that was given to you! We hope that during your next visit to the central coast we will be able to leave a better impression!
2 night trip Jul 1, 2014
"Wish we could have stayed longer"
Our stay here could have been so much longer --- we were thinking a lifetime would be nice!! We saw pelicans, dolphins, sea otters and seals right from our private terrace, our grandson thought the golf cart was so much fun, the staff was considerate and helpful, the double showers in our suite were unexpected. In short, it was a marvelous stay, just wish it could have been longer!!!
Response by Sanctuary Beach Resort
I am glad that you were able to see some of the amazing marine life that we have here in the bay! Kids can't get enough of the golf carts :) Next time you are in the Monterey area, we hope to see you again!
Other trip Aug 13, 2014
Cathy
"Sleep to the sounds of the ocean"
Such a beautiful location - right on the beach! Rooms, recently updated, are heated by a gas fireplace. Open the windows, enjoy the ocean breeze, stay cozy by the fireplace.
Response by Sanctuary Beach Resort
There is nothing more relaxing than listening to the waves crash on the shore right?! We are so glad you enjoyed your stay. Thank you for leaving a review, and we hope to see you again during your next visit to the Monterey area!
Other trip Aug 13, 2014
F
It was great! Second time back and I know when we want another getaway this is the hotel we will be choosing.
Response by Sanctuary Beach Resort
We thank you for your continued patronage! We are so happy to hear that the resort keeps exceeding your expectations. We hope your next visit is in the near future!
Other trip Aug 12, 2014
"Great Escape"
We enjoyed our stay! Walked down to soft sands, watched dolphin leap. Listened to Ukulele music at nightly bonfire. Jacuzzi and pool were large and well-heated. Kula Ranch restaurant on grounds was friendly and food was good. Kerig in room-with microwave & small fridge to keep nibbles and leftovers. Can have room service or continental breakfast brought to room. Treated to small bottle of wine and nice view upon arrival. Fun to drive golf cart around grounds though really not needed for access to most things.
Response by Sanctuary Beach Resort
Thank you for taking the time to leave such a pleasant review! I am glad that you were able to enjoy everything that Sanctuary has to offer. Come see us again soon!
Other trip Aug 8, 2014
"Nice and close to the beach."
We loved the location of the room. Beautiful view over the Ocean and very peaceful. The room and amenities were top notch.
Response by Sanctuary Beach Resort
We are so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us! Thank you for leaving a review and we hope to see you again soon!
Other trip Aug 2, 2014
Benzman02
excellent hotel ,very comfy and quiet, good food too
Response by Sanctuary Beach Resort
Thank you for leaving a review of the resort! We hope to see you during your next visit to the Monterey area.
Other trip Jul 28, 2014